╌>

Dissecting the "anti-Asian" narrative and the progressive mind.

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  250 comments

Dissecting the "anti-Asian" narrative and the progressive mind.
"Racism is in America, and it has always been," Harris said. "Xenophobia is real in America and always has been -- sexism, too."

Last week the nation heard of the random killings of 8 people in Atlanta GA and an Atlanta suburb. The suspected gunman, Robert Aaron Long, 21, of Woodstock, Ga., was captured Tuesday night.

th?id=OIF.a%2B4W6Ttq37hsIVaRqLhWOA&pid=ImgDet&rs=1
Robert Aaron Long

The suspect admitted to the murders and was asked why he committed the senseless crimes. He said that he was a sex addict and wanted to destroy temptation:

"Officials said Long has claimed he committed the shootings because he has a "sex addiction" and wanted to eliminate his temptation. However, authorities are also considering if the crimes may have been racially motivated – despite the suspect's denials – because six of the victims were Asian women. The other two victims were both White."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/atlanta-shooting-suspect-robert-long-rehab-sex-addiction-former-roommates

Does a mentally deranged man need proof of what he tells us are his motivations?

There is more:

Tyler Bayless, 35, told  Reuters  and  USA Today  that he spent months living with Long in an Atlanta halfway house named Maverick Recovery in late 2019 and early 2020.
"In the halfway house he would describe several of his sexual addiction 'relapses' as he called them," Bayless told Reuters. "He would have a deep feeling of remorse and shame and say he needed to return to prayer and to return to God."

He faces a certain murder conviction no matter what he says. Why would he therefore lie about his motivations? So why do progressives continue to try and make this out to be an anti-Asian hate crime?

Joe Biden had this to say: "Whatever the motivation, we know this: Too many Asian Americans have been walking up and down the streets and worrying, waking up each morning the past year feeling their safety and the safety of their loved ones are at stake."

His vice president said: "For the last year, we've had people in positions of incredible power scapegoating Asian Americans," she said. "People with the biggest pulpits spreading this kind of hate." 
"Racism is in America, and it has always been."  "Xenophobia is real in America and always has been -- sexism, too."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-harris-condemn-violence-against-asian-americans-on-georgia-trip/ar-BB1eJwOX?ocid=uxbndlbing

So, progressives openly lie about this being an Anti-Asian hate crime. The question is why?

I believe there are two reasons. One is obviously to blame Donald Trump for using the term "China virus." Clearly there is nothing wrong with that. The virus originated in China and beyond that the CCP blatantly allowed it to spread to the world. The second reason is to find a way to confirm the progressive view of America as being evil and "racist." Only progressives don't seem to understand that when you have to create a racist act, like Jussie Smollett and others have done, it only goes to prove that the opposite must be true - that America is a decent and even handed nation. Thus, may be why so many non-whites choose to enter the country by any means possible.

Where do progressives get their evidence of all this anti-Asian activity? It all seems to be coming from sources such as "the Stop Asian American Pacific Islander Hate national coalition." Has anyone ever catalogued all the black on Asian attacks that took place in places like Oakland (Kamala Harris hometown) or San Francisco?  Why wasn't that a concern for the left?

There was a time when the new left (what I call the modern progressive) was fighting for causes like freedom of speech and real reforms. That was back in the late 60's, when they were on the outside looking in. One of their first newspeak terms was "the establishment." That was the term for all the institutions that brought stability to our society. Fifty-three years later and the left now controls all the levers of power. Ironically, they no longer believe in free speech, equality or even freedom of thought.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

To those who voted for "normalcy": Is this what you voted for?

I am not the topic

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

Because there was no gun violence before the election?

CB
Professor Principal
1.2  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

Are you kidding? You write an OP/ED and then set your viewpoint apart from yourself? Wow, Vic.

Anyway:

- that America is a decent and even handed nation. Thus, may be why so many non-whites choose to enter the country by any means possible.

The U.S. is a great many good and decent things, but some conservatives within it can not square decency and even-handedness with choosing Donald Trump as the face and leader of the Republic Party!  There ain't a damn thing normal about that choice. It reeks of indecency, imbalance, and danger .

106820200-1609967457454-gettyimages-1230454707-210106corumprotrumprallys-079.jpeg?v=1610113482&w=678&h=381

As for non-white entry into the country, they come for the peace this country PROMISES them and Whites alike. Certainly these folks to not for the sad, pathetic, malcontent, and never satiated Whites and parse number of Others, who work day in and day out to debase and thwart the ambitions of minorities .

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.3  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

[Deleted]

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.4  bbl-1  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

I believe it would have clearer merit to discuss the 'Anti Asian' narrative and the regressive mind.  

It appears the fulcrum of this ( journalistic piece ) leans toward an attitude that progress leads to narratives against certain people or ways of life.  

I read this twice and can not piece ( that ) together or comprehend how or why 'progressive' thought would denigrate itself in order to denigrate others of the same ilk.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

What does President Biden have to do with this scumbag who targeted Asian women?

Just because he said it was to resist temptation, we should believe him?  The answer to his problems is murdering the women?  He couldn't keep his little dick in his pants so he killed these women?  Like most on these scum, they blame everyone else for their actions.  

Anti-Asian violence has gone up 150% since the former occupant of the White House called it Kung Flu.  He must have been a supporter.  Some were wondering where this inbred little scumbag was on 1/6/21.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2  Gsquared    3 years ago
random killings

These were not "random killings".  The victims were specifically targeted by the murderer as a result of his delusions.

Why would he therefore lie about his motivations?

That question underlies the biggest fallacy.  Why would anyone believe what a murderer says?  It is clear that Trumpist so-called conservatives have latched onto what are allegedly the delusional murderer's words about his motive to deflect from Trump's racist anti-Asian incitements.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Gsquared @2    3 years ago
t is clear that Trumpist so-called conservatives have latched onto what are allegedly the delusional murderer's words about his motive to deflect from Trump's racist anti-Asian incitements.

While you ignore all evidence of his motive to cling to your theory that somehow Trump is too blame for everything.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    3 years ago
all evidence of his motive

All evidence?  The police telling us he said he did it based on his "sex addiction" is hardly "all" evidence.

your theory that somehow Trump is too blame for everything

Where did I say that?  In my opinion, the fault for the murders belongs with the murderer.   But that doesn't excuse Trump's racist anti-Asian incitements.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Gsquared @2.1.1    3 years ago
police telling us he said he did it based on his "sex addiction" is hardly "all" evidence.

Fine. What evidence do you have to support that it was racially motivated?

Where did I say that?

Did you not understand your own comment? You imply  the murderer's confession is a deflection from the real cause of the shootings, Trump's "racist anti-asian incitements."  

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
2.1.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.2    3 years ago

Personally guys I think it was a combination of using hookers, crossing the race barrier in sex and his religious beliefs.

Not a good combination !

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.2    3 years ago
Fine. What evidence do you have to support that it was racially motivated?

So far just the FACT that after he hit on Asian business, he drove to Atlanta and hit  another Asian business. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @2.1.4    3 years ago

They were all in the Atlanta area.........................jrSmiley_19_smiley_image.gif

And no. He hit another massage parlor staffed by Asian people.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.6  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.5    3 years ago
They were all in the Atlanta area.........................

The first hit was in Cherokee County about 30 miles away from the second in Atlanta with multiple other 'massage parlors' in between. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.7  bugsy  replied to  Gsquared @2.1.1    3 years ago
Trump's racist anti-Asian incitements.

When did he do that?

Be specific....and calling a flu where it started is not a new precedent.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.8  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @2.1.4    3 years ago
So far just the FACT that after he hit on Asian business, he drove to Atlanta and hit  another Asian business

So you think all spas are Asian owned? For someone that is Asian descent, that still sounds pretty bigoted.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
2.1.9  Drakkonis  replied to  Gsquared @2.1.1    3 years ago
But that doesn't excuse Trump's racist anti-Asian incitements.

Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't recall Trump making anti-Asian incitements. Maybe you just mean his insistence on calling it the China Virus? If so, speaking for myself, I felt not the least amount of anger for the smallest fraction of a second against Asians for the Covid outbreak. I felt a lot of it toward the CCP. I think most feel the same way. 

Or perhaps you speak of Trump talking about how the CCP is sending spies over here to steal whatever isn't nailed down, infiltrate our organizations and governments and set up propaganda organizations. All true things. Again, that doesn't make me feel anti-Asian. It makes me feel anti-CCP. It does make me think we need to look at every single Chinese citizen with a fine tooth comb and send any with the least connection to the CCP packing. That doesn't make me anti-Asian. It makes me someone with common sense. 

I think most people feel the same, on the conservative side anyway. Sure, there's always going to be people who are genuinely anti-Asian, but they don't really need an excuse for doing things anyway. Trump isn't to blame for what they do. Right now, Biden isn't calling it the China virus but he seems to definitely be getting in the CCP's face. That is going to "incite" anti-Asian sentiment just as much because these people are already prone to do so, no matter who's in charge. They're going to see Biden's hard stance against China and be encouraged by it just as much as you feel the were by Trump. That's just how they think. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Gsquared  replied to  Drakkonis @2.1.9    3 years ago

I am strongly in opposition to the CCP, as are all on the liberal side who I know.

If you don't think that calling the virus the "Kung Flu" is a racist jibe, I don't know what to tell you.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @2.1.4    3 years ago
So far just the FACT that after he hit on Asian business, he drove to Atlanta and hit  another Asian business

The very businesses he was a customer of.  

Guess how many Asian massage parlors he passed up between Cherokee County and Atlanta? Hint..it's more than 20.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.12  cjcold  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.1.3    3 years ago

Just call it bad wiring.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.13  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @2.1.12    3 years ago

Killers like to kill. Knew a few. 14 year old kids become recruited and trained as killers in the US military these days. 

Kids are the best at video games. War is all about video games these days.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.14  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @2.1.8    3 years ago
So you think all spas are Asian owned?

WHERE the fuck did I say ANYTHING about ALL spas bugsy? 

For someone that is Asian descent, that still sounds pretty bigoted.

Well since someone of Asian descent POSTED it, it's more likely the readers bias interpretation. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.15  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.11    3 years ago
The very businesses he was a customer of.  

You KNOW that HOW Sean? 

Guess how many Asian massage parlors he passed up between Cherokee County and Atlanta? Hint..it's more than 20.

How many non Asian massage parlors did he pass up? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.16  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @2.1.14    3 years ago
WHERE the fuck did I say ANYTHING about ALL spas bugsy? 

Maybe you need to read your post to understand it.

"Well since someone of Asian descent POSTED it, it's more likely the readers bias interpretation."

I know who POSTED it. That's why I made the comment I did.

You don't like it?

Not my problem.

BTFW, Dulay, your insinuation is that because he hit Asian businesses, he was a raging racist that targeted only Asians.

I bet MSDNC and CNN did not tell you he also killed at least 2 whites.

You probably still believe the shooter in Colorado is white, dontcha?

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.17  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @2.1.16    3 years ago
BTFW, Dulay, your insinuation is that because he hit Asian businesses, he was a raging racist that targeted only Asians.

Bullshit bugsy. I haven't said a fucking thing about the shooter being a racist. 

How about you refrain from trying to hold me responsible for your fallacious interpretation of my comments.  

I bet MSDNC and CNN did not tell you he also killed at least 2 whites.

You lose. I posted the names and ages of the victims in another seed 4 DAYS ago and my source was neither of the above. 

You probably still believe the shooter in Colorado is white, dontcha?

What color do YOU think he is bugsy? He sure doesn't look black, red or yellow...

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.18  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @2.1.17    3 years ago
Bullshit bugsy. I haven't said a fucking thing about the shooter being a racist.

You said he hit Asian businesses. If you had just said he hit several spas, then the bigotry would have maybe been less.

"What color do YOU think he is bugsy? He sure doesn't look black, red or yellow..."

According to the loon liberal left, he is not Irish, Canadian, British, or any other European origin, so therefore, he is automatically embraced as a "person of color".

Prove me wrong.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.19  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @2.1.18    3 years ago
According to the loon liberal left, he is not Irish, Canadian, British, or any other European origin, so therefore, he is automatically embraced as a "person of color". Prove me wrong.

You're deflecting by citing ethnicity bugsy.

You know that ethnicity and COLOR are two different things right?

You bet that I think the shooter is WHITE. WHITE is a COLOR.

He ain't the other three COLORS [black, red or yellow] that we use to characterize people, so he's white. Of course, should he self identify differently, I would accept his personal preference. 

Now if you had said Caucasian, I would say that I KNOW that he is in fact Caucasian by definition. 

BTFW, those of European origin aren't the only ones who qualify as Caucasian. Look it up. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.20  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @2.1.19    3 years ago

Well, I see you are deflecting from the fact that he was automatically assumed by the loon left that he was white....nothing of ethnicity.

The left cares nothing about ethnicity, but it is all about the color of one's skin. Maybe you don't know how to use the sliding skin scale the left has issued out.

Face it, Dulay, if this guy had skin color of ANYTHING other than white, and shot up a bunch of WHITE people, you would never hear about it because the left would not want you to.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @2.1.20    3 years ago

No, deflection, projection, and denial are your MO

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.22  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.21    3 years ago
No, deflection, projection, and denial are your MO

And yet, you have never been able to refute anything I have posted...ever!!

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.23  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @2.1.20    3 years ago
Well, I see you are deflecting from the fact that he was automatically assumed by the loon left that he was white....nothing of ethnicity.

I see that YOU are deflecting from the fact that YOU insisted that I believe he is WHITE. No one else bugsy, ME. 

The left cares nothing about ethnicity, but it is all about the color of one's skin.

MORE deflection. YOU brought up ethnicity AND skin color. 

Maybe you don't know how to use the sliding skin scale the left has issued out.

I LIVE it every fucking day bugsy. 

Face it, Dulay, if this guy had skin color of ANYTHING other than white, and shot up a bunch of WHITE people, you would never hear about it because the left would not want you to.

You must be presuming that my news sources are as limited as yours are. Just stop. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.24  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @2.1.23    3 years ago
I LIVE it every fucking day bugsy. 

You live in a blue city, no?

Don't be surprised.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.25  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @2.1.24    3 years ago
You live in a blue city, no? Don't be surprised.

NO. I live in a rural area of blood RED Indiana and have NEVER been surprised by the racism and xenophobia here. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.26  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @2.1.25    3 years ago

So maybe you should try and educate that population you believe is racist instead of just making accusations of those you don't even know.

People need to speak to each other instead of accusing them of things they know nothing of them.

Just sayin'

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.27  CB  replied to  bugsy @2.1.20    3 years ago

What person of color goes around shooting up "a bunch of White people"? The closest you can come is a Muslim sympathizer (Boston Marathon) and John Allen Muhammad (Beltway  (D.C.) Sniper) and these folks routinely "pollute" the count with others whom they cross paths. Besides all that the MSM reports such activities routinely as a matter of newsworthiness.

Care to continue?

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.28  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @2.1.26    3 years ago
So maybe you should try and educate that population you believe is racist instead of just making accusations of those you don't even know.

They are known by their deeds bugsy. 

People need to speak to each other instead of accusing them of things they know nothing of them.

Both they and I know all we need to know about racism and xenophobia. 

I HAVE 'checked' every young [and some old] man of every race I have worked with here over the decades. Whether it's misogyny, racism or homophobia, the LEAST they do is STFU when they are around me. Once called out, most of them are embarrassed and apologetic and many have become guys I can call on at the drop of a hat. A crew of them will be coming over this weekend to remove a bad tree from my property. I will be feeding them. 

Just sayin'

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.29  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @2.1.28    3 years ago
I HAVE 'checked' every young [and some old] man of every race I have worked with here over the decades. Whether it's misogyny, racism or homophobia, the LEAST they do is STFU when they are around me. Once called out, most of them are embarrassed and apologetic and many have become guys I can call on at the drop of a hat. A crew of them will be coming over this weekend to remove a bad tree from my property. I will be feeding them. 

Well there ya go. Complaining about something you have some control over gets you...and them...nowhere. I don't have a problem checking those with bigoted views. I do it here quite often.

Understanding who you are dealing with may just be an misunderstanding about them...or you.

Actually...I'm glad you are getting that tree knocked down.

You serving pancit and lumpia?

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.30  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @2.1.29    3 years ago
Well there ya go. Complaining about something you have some control over gets you...and them...nowhere.

Making a statement isn't complaining bugsy. Stop twisting my words. 

You serving pancit and lumpia?

No. Pork verde.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2  Tacos!  replied to  Gsquared @2    3 years ago
Why would anyone believe what a murderer says?

He confessed to the killings. No one seems to have a problem believing that . What would he gain now by lying about his motivation? It’s not as if he had a shot at a light sentence, and I see no reason to think he is worried about his reputation. There is also corroborating evidence from people who know him.

“I never took him for a racist,” a look at the suspect charged in area spa killings

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @2.2    3 years ago

"What would he gain now by lying about his motivation? It’s not as if he had a shot at a light sentence, and I see no reason to think he is worried about his reputation."

With a hate crime enhancement, if there is a death penalty, he could get the needle.

Sophomore Guide
2.2.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tacos! @2.2    3 years ago
What would he gain now by lying about his motivation?

His life ? 

If convicted of a hate crime he may pay in prison from the gangs. 

Likely he hasn't even thought that far in advance though. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.3  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.1    3 years ago
With a hate crime enhancement, if there is a death penalty, he could get the needle.

Here is a link to Georgia's death penalty law . It lists all the ways someone can get the death penalty. Committing a crime because of race or nationality isn't one of the options.

Georgia's recently passed (and apparently untried) hate crime law just adds time to the sentence. It doesn't appear to create an avenue to the death penalty. Here is a link to the hate crime sentencing enhancements . In the case of felonies, five years is added to the sentence. I doubt very much this guy had any illusions about the fact the the penalty for his crime would - at minimum - be life in prison.

So, as I said, it doesn't look like he is going to benefit from having a non-racial motivation to commit mass murder.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2.2    3 years ago
His life ?

Georgia's death penalty doesn't appear to have anything to do with hate crime enhancements. The worst that hate crime enhancement could do would be to add 5 years to his time (although it could be 5 years per victim would would increase any minimum time). He's going to get life (or death) anyway, so it makes no difference.

Likely he hasn't even thought that far in advance though. 

I agree.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.2.6  Gsquared  replied to  gooseisgone @2.2.4    3 years ago
If it happened in LA he would probably be out on bail. 

Stupid comment.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.7  MonsterMash  replied to  gooseisgone @2.2.4    3 years ago

[deleted]

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.2.8  cjcold  replied to  Tacos! @2.2    3 years ago

God forbid his motivation could mimic yours.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.3    3 years ago

Whatever

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @2.2.6    3 years ago
"If it happened in LA he would probably be out on bail."
"Stupid comment."

What else is new?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  gooseisgone @2.2.11    3 years ago

No, it's not accurate.  But you admit it's stupid.  LOL!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.13  Tacos!  replied to  cjcold @2.2.8    3 years ago

What does that even mean?

devangelical
Professor Principal
3  devangelical    3 years ago

tsk, tsk, tsk, scratch another georgia trump voter in 2024.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
3.1  MonsterMash  replied to  devangelical @3    3 years ago
tsk, tsk, tsk, scratch another georgia trump voter in 2024.

If Democrats get their way criminals will be allowed to vote while in prison.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  cjcold  replied to  MonsterMash @3.1    3 years ago

In many states they can. Are they not citizens? Does their voice not count?

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.2  devangelical  replied to  MonsterMash @3.1    3 years ago

I don't think the criminals that are still in jail for sedition on 1/6/21 will be voting anytime soon.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @3.1.2    3 years ago

Don't you believe in criminals voting & getting their $1,400 check?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  cjcold @3.1.1    3 years ago
In many states they can.

Only two States allow voting while incarcerated, Vermont and Maine. Most States restore voting rights after term served, probation and parole. In eight States, mostly conservative, you could permanently lose your right to vote based on the felony.

Georgia is one where you can get your vote back after serving sentence, probation and parole.

Personally I think the rules in the 15 States that restore voting after prison sentence served is the most reasonable. I think the issue with inequality in the justice system where black Americans are more likely to serve time and serve longer sentences than whites for the same crimes needs to be addressed since with that disparity voting disenfranchisement hits the black community even harder than it should.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4  Hallux    3 years ago

""the establishment.""

Now known as the swamp? Were there too many syllables in the original term for Trumpists?

Moving to another question, are Asians also lying when they call this a hate crime?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5  Greg Jones    3 years ago

Sorry, but the assertion that this was racially motivated is absurd. Trump's comments were directed to the duplicitous and corrupt Chinese Commie government, not toward Asians or Asian-Americans. in general

If you knew any Asian Americans, you would be aware of this. But it's in the DNA of the leftists to cast blame on Trump or Republicans for all kinds of things are not true, and then exploit the lies. 

Once again...there is no systemic or widespread or anti-Asian sentiment or racism in this country, the evidence is simply not there.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5.1  Gsquared  replied to  Greg Jones @5    3 years ago
If you knew any Asian Americans

I know a lot of Asian Americans.  One of my closest friends, who is Asian American, is very scared and has written me emails about it.  He has included other Asian American friends of his on his emails about this topic, and they also have been expressing significant concern for their safety in their reply emails.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Gsquared @5.1    3 years ago

Amazing how some on here seem to know what Asians feel and think or what a killer's motivations were. 

Our neighbors are Korean and own a restaurant here in Ocala and he now has a shotgun under the counter and both he and his wife carry and yes, they are very concerned about their safety.  But being Korean what do they know compared to our non-Asian experts on NT. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Kavika @5.1.1    3 years ago

The fact that Korean Americans are fearful speaks to the fact that few of those who have been attacking Asian Americans either verbally or physically could tell the difference between Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese or other South Asian populations. The bigots who are perpetuating these attacks live in such an insular protectionist 'white culture' society that they have no clue as to the broad differences between the different Asian communities, their habits, politics and beliefs and just stupidly lump them into one bowl of "other" similar to how some Americans reacted to the Sikh population after the 9/11 attacks simply because they wore turbans.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @5.1    3 years ago

My office managers daughter in law (who is Japanese) is going back to Japan because of the harassment and stalking she has been facing.  Also another of her family members (who is a Pacific Islander) is also going home due to being harassed and assaulted.     

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.3    3 years ago
going back to Japan because of the harassment and stalking she has been facing

Sadly that is the exact reaction these worthless bigots attacking Asian Americans desire.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.5  bugsy  replied to  Gsquared @5.1    3 years ago
One of my closest friends, who is Asian American

So what? My wife s is Filipina and is not scared at all. As a matter of fact, the only racial slurs she has endured is by blacks.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Gsquared  replied to  bugsy @5.1.5    3 years ago

My wife is also Filipina.  She has not expressed any fear, but my Chinese (Chinese-American) friend has, as have some of his Asian-American friends.  What does that fact that your wife is Filipina have to do with other people?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.1.7  pat wilson  replied to  Gsquared @5.1.6    3 years ago
What does that fact that your wife is Filipina have to do with other people?

Nothing but we hear about it ad nauseam.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1.8  cjcold  replied to  Gsquared @5.1    3 years ago

The only Asians I have ever known for any amount of time are martial artists and/or musicians whom I have the greatest respect for.

Earned my first black belt at 14. Have a Kanji tat on my forearm. Slept with a Chinese stripper for a few months at one point in time. Taught Arnis in the PI for a year. Asians are just like anybody else on this ball of dirt. No better; no worse.

Yo-Yo Ma just put on an impromptu concert at a vaccine location. How cool is that? As a bassist have always admired his virtuosity on the cello and he has effected my fingering on the fretless bass as much as Jaco did.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @5.1.6    3 years ago
"What does that fact that your wife is Filipina have to do with other people?"

Absolutely nothing, as usual

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Gsquared  replied to  cjcold @5.1.8    3 years ago

Aside from the Chinese-American friend I mentioned, who lives in Hawaii, I have been and still am friends and/or co-workers with many other Asian-Americans, including other Chinese-Americans, many Japanese-Americans and others.  I have had Filipino friends and co-workers for years, even before I met my wife.  Since I married a Filipina, I now know many, many Filipinos.  I am "Uncle" to several nieces and nephews, although some of them are her cousins' children, and even children of  family friends.  They all call me "Uncle" as is there custom.  I have also represented many Asian and Asian-American clients, as well as clients who were Tongan, Samoan.   The mechanic who has been taking care of our cars for years is from Thailand.   He is awesome and has become a friend.  He even invited me to a festival at his Thai Buddhist temple a couple of years ago.  As an aside, I also have several Black friends, some of whom are among our greatest musicians.

I used to play bass just for fun, but I had to stop a few years ago when I developed fairly severe arthritis in my fingers.  Yo-Yo Ma putting on a concert at a vaccination location is very cool.   Jaco was awesome, of course.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.11  bugsy  replied to  Gsquared @5.1.6    3 years ago
What does that fact that your wife is Filipina have to do with other people?

Hmmmmm...above, there are 3 posts, including yours, before mine, that claim to "know" people of different Asian countries, but decided to question me as to why I mentioned the race of my wife.

I wonder why you did not ask them the same question.......what...no I don't.

As a side note, many blacks...and white liberals, claim that many white people are racist if they say that they have black friends. Does that logic include blacks that say they have "friends" from other races?

You don't have to answer. We already know it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @5.1.11    3 years ago

Good post.

Keep exposing hypocrisy and double standards.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Gsquared  replied to  bugsy @5.1.11    3 years ago

Hmmmmm....  I didn't ask you why you mentioned the race of your wife.   Read my question carefully.   

It's interesting that you claim your wife is Asian.  But that fact that you claim she has no fear has no bearing on whether other Asians do.

You don't have to answer. We already know it.

I'm convinced that you don't. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.12    3 years ago
Keep exposing hypocrisy and double standards.

Except, he didn't.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @5.1.14    3 years ago

Yes.

He did.

Not my problem if it is unrecognized by some.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5.1.16  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.15    3 years ago

No.

He didn't.

Not my problem if some people pretend like he did. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.17  bbl-1  replied to  Tessylo @5.1.3    3 years ago

The MAGA roam.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.18  bbl-1  replied to  bugsy @5.1.5    3 years ago

Nicely slipped that in, right?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Greg Jones @5    3 years ago
mp's comments were directed to the duplicitous and corrupt Chinese Commie government, not toward Asians or Asian-Americans

That's the new way to stifle criticism of the CCP.  Criticizing the Chinese  government is intentionally conflated with attacking the Chinese people, and the leftist mob comes for you.

It's playing out at the UCSD law school where left wingers and racist agitators are trying to get a professor fired for criticizing the CCP.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.4  cjcold  replied to  Greg Jones @5    3 years ago

This 66 year old white man who grew up in a small Kansas town says different.

Racism and violent bigotry are rampant among sub 90 IQ religious fools.

Hallux
PhD Principal
7  Hallux    3 years ago

OK ... so the author would have us believe the 'I can't stop masturbating' guy and Atlanta had only Asian Massage Parlors to choose from. Sorry but if this was an Asian who did the shooting at white staffed spas he'd be strange fruit by now.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
7.1  Ronin2  replied to  Hallux @7    3 years ago

Right, because we have so much lynching in this country now. 

If this was an Asian shooting at white staff they would never get a charge of racism to stick. That is not how this country works. The narrative is only whites can be racist; and be charged with hate crimes.

Hell, Latinos have to be careful; because the left will dump them in with whites if they commit a crime against another minority. The left have a wonderful slide rule for racism they love to use. See George Zimmerman for a good example. 

Obama didn't could even call out an ISIS/ISIL terrorist- for shooting up a military base and killing US soldiers. It was "work place violence".

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
7.2  MonsterMash  replied to  Hallux @7    3 years ago
OK ... so the author would have us believe the 'I can't stop masturbating' guy and Atlanta had only Asian Massage Parlors to choose from

He used Asian owned spa's to get his hand jobs, if he had been going to white staffed spa's white women would have been the victims.

Sophomore Guide
7.2.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  MonsterMash @7.2    3 years ago

perhaps

Considering unhinged people's motives are hard to know.

If it was white women perhaps he wouldn't have freaked at all.

Perhaps if he didn't have religious believes that contrasted with his sex needs in the first place it wouldn't have happened at all either. 

IMO: It was likely the combination of it all that lead him down this messed up deadly path.

hookers, race crossing sex and religious beliefs. Not a good combination for sure. 

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if drugs and or alcohol didn't play a part too. 

And/Or mental illness. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
7.2.2  Hallux  replied to  MonsterMash @7.2    3 years ago

Pure conjecture on your part.

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.2.3  Dulay  replied to  MonsterMash @7.2    3 years ago
He used Asian owned spa's to get his hand jobs,

If true, that implies that he objectified Asian women. That is racism. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @7.2.3    3 years ago

Two of the women were white. Did he hate whites?

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.2.6  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.4    3 years ago

In for a penny, in for a pound Vic. Once he started shooting, why would he stop until everyone was dead? Do you think he wanted to leave eye witnesses? 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
7.2.7  MonsterMash  replied to  Dulay @7.2.3    3 years ago

What it proofs was he was attracted to Asian women.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    3 years ago
It is apparent, however, that he did not respect women

If you wanted to argue that these were hate crimes against women-in-general, you might have a case. Otherwise this person was mentally deranged.

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.2.9  Dulay  replied to  MonsterMash @7.2.7    3 years ago
What it proofs was he was attracted to Asian women.

So he DID choose his victims based on race. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7.2.10  bbl-1  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.4    3 years ago

Hate?  Probably.  He murdered people.  Not his own family though.  Probably depended on the cooking and cleaning thing, ya know.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.2.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  bbl-1 @7.2.10    3 years ago
Hate?  Probably. 

Be very careful with it. Only a week later whites in Colorado may have had a target painted on their backs, all via this narrative.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7.2.12  bbl-1  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.2.11    3 years ago

Why would you say that?  Hate has become a common vernacular since the ( asscentshun ) of the MAGA.  What difference would a week make with anything at this point?  You know, "Hang Pence" and all the rest.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
7.3  Tacos!  replied to  Hallux @7    3 years ago
he author would have us believe the 'I can't stop masturbating' guy and Atlanta had only Asian Massage Parlors to choose from.

How much do you know about massage parlors and illicit sexual activity? Asian spas are the majority of such places. That is well documented as I have linked in other seeds. A reputation exists that has been well-earned. There is a lot of human trafficking that pulls women from Asian countries into this kind of work.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tacos! @7.3    3 years ago

And captain dumbass went to Asian spas because they are less expensive.............and more likely to deliver. Probably pissed cuz he was running out of cash and couldn't get the "frequent pervert" discount.

zuksam
Junior Silent
7.4  zuksam  replied to  Hallux @7    3 years ago
shooting at white staffed spas

Therein lies the only thing about this that might be racist, if there were White Staffed Spas they would have been raided. If White Women were being held and sold in bondage it wouldn't matter who shot them half the story would be how could this slavery have occurred in a public business on a main thoroughfare in America. The Sick thing is everyone seems to know exactly what these places were and how they are staffed but are only concerned about whether the guy who killed the women being held as sex slaves was racially motivated. Have the owners of these "Spas" been arrested yet ? Seems like if the damn Police had been doing their jobs these women wouldn't have even been there to be shot, if they had done their duty the Spas wouldn't have even existed they'd have been closed down long ago.

CB
Professor Principal
7.4.1  CB  replied to  zuksam @7.4    3 years ago
Seems like if the damn Police had been doing their jobs these women wouldn't have even been there to be shot, if they had done their duty the Spas wouldn't have even existed they'd have been closed down long ago.

The operative word for the above is, "Scope." The scope of this discussion is Man enter and kills in Spa.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8  Dismayed Patriot    3 years ago
" Joe Biden had this to say: "Whatever the motivation, we know this: Too many Asian Americans have been walking up and down the streets and worrying, waking up each morning the past year feeling their safety and the safety of their loved ones are at stake." " So, progressives openly lie about this being an Anti-Asian hate crime. The question is why?"

What part of Joe's statement was a lie?

"Hate Crimes Targeting Asian Americans Spiked by 150% in Major US Cities"

" Hate-fueled attacks on Asian Americans spiked across major U.S. cities last year — in some cases by triple-digit percentages — even as overall hate crimes declined, newly analyzed police department statistics show."

It's no wonder that many wondered if an attack against primarily Asian Americans might have been motivated by this new phenomenon that was directly related to how many bigoted piece of shit Trump supporters reacted to Asian Americans around them especially after the divisive rhetoric being spouted by their bigoted Dear Leader.

" I believe there are two reasons. One is obviously to blame Donald Trump for using the term "China virus." Clearly there is nothing wrong with that."

Trump used multiple different wrong terms for the Corona virus which either directly or indirectly tied the virus to the Chinese and Asian communities. His supporters, many of which are poorly educated as he pointed out himself, "We won with the poorly educated! I love the poorly educated!", likely aren't smart enough to discern a difference between Asian Americans who had nothing to do with the virus and the Communist government where the virus originated. So clearly there is a lot wrong with using such bigoted language to describe the virus as he wasn't calling it the "Communist virus", he was labeling it with clearly Asian names such as the "China Virus" and the 'Kung Flu" which spoke directly to his bigoted base who often hate anyone who's not a white evangelical Christian that looks and thinks like them.

"The virus originated in China"

True.

"and beyond that the CCP blatantly allowed it to spread to the world."

Proof? Of course not, just pure bigoted conjecture.

The second reason is to find a way to confirm the progressive view of America as being evil and "racist." 

More bullshit. America isn't evil or racist, just certain segments of it that have been that way for centuries and have been passing on their bigotry to their descendants. These folk are the "My country right or wrong" white Christian evangelicals who refuse to admit America has ever done anything wrong and often praise the confederacy and racist confederates by erecting monuments and memorials to them or who protect and defend the monuments and memorials today. That part of America exists and in fact we've seen a surge in their visibility as Trump gave those bigots cover with his divisive rhetoric which has ridiculed and insulted anyone who wasn't a white conservative Christian or anyone who dared to tell the truth about American history.

Only progressives don't seem to understand that when you have to create a racist act, like Jussie Smollett and others have done, it only goes to prove that the opposite must be true

Jussie Smolletts actions do not prove racism doesn't exist, it just proves there are dumb shits on both sides of the political aisle. Nothing he did proves any of the other acts of racially motivated violence aren't what we know them to be.

Where do progressives get their evidence of all this anti-Asian activity?

From statistics that prove there has been a dramatic increase in attacks directly targeting Asian Americans regardless of what any whiny bigoted Trump supporters think.

Ironically, they no longer believe in free speech, equality or even freedom of thought.

How does condemning attacks on Asian Americans somehow prove progressives no longer believe in free speech (the government or 'establishment' is not silencing anyone, private companies with every right to do so are asking their users to abide by their rules of conduct), equality or "freedom of thought"? You can believe whatever you want about Asian [ Americans,deleted, ] that's your right, but when you start to act on those beliefs by attacking other Americans based on the color of their skin or their ethnicity then you've crossed the line and it's no longer "thought" but action which rightly is regulated.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8    3 years ago
What part of Joe's statement was a lie?

All of it as pertains to Robert Aaron Long. Long didn't kill anyone for being Asian and that speech was connected to those killings, remember?

newly analyzed police department statistics show."

Analyzed by whom?

bigoted piece of shit Trump supporters reacted to Asian Americans 

Bull Shit!  The only haters I know are progressives.

Proof?

Here:

"China may have allowed the new coronavirus to spread across the world by allowing international flights to and from Hubei province, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, while taking stronger measures to ensure the virus didn’t spread within China, according to the latest criticism of the country’s handling of the outbreak.

The ruling Communist party in China has previously been accused of underreporting cases and not communicating swiftly enough with the global community vital information about the virus, which first emerged in Wuhan in December 2019, including what the party knew about human-to-human transmission and just how fast it spread.

Now, critics have also suggested that China is partly to blame for the virus spreading globally because it continued to allow flights to Hubei for its own interests – while taking greater action to stop the spread within China.

Addressing China’s President Xi Jinping directly, historian Niall Ferguson wrote in an op-ed: “... after it became clear that there was a full-blown epidemic spreading from Wuhan to the rest of Hubei province, why did you cut off travel from Hubei to the rest of China – on January 23 – but not from Hubei to the rest of the world?”

Ferguson’s accusations refer to China continuing to allow international travel long past January 23, the date when it imposed serious restrictions on travel within China in an attempt to quarantine Wuhan from the rest of the country."

It was in all ways: THE CHINA VIRUS!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    3 years ago
All of it as pertains to Robert Aaron Long. Long didn't kill anyone for being Asian and that speech was connected to those killings, remember?

"Whatever the motivation, we know this: Too many Asian Americans have been walking up and down the streets and worrying, waking up each morning the past year feeling their safety and the safety of their loved ones are at stake." 

Is it a problem with reading comprehension that makes you believe Biden was somehow claiming this was motivated by anti-Asian sentiment? Because he doesn't say that there, he makes a truthful statement, "too many Asian Americans have been" "feeling their safety and the safety of their loved ones are at stake". That's a fact as many of them have openly stated. The attacks on Asian Americans did increase by 150% since Trump took to calling it the "China virus" or 'Kung flu" so, as Biden sdtated, whatever this most recent attackers motivations were, too many Asian Americans are fearing for their safety.

Analyzed by whom?

Oh, right, I forgot you only believe shit that has been fed to you through right wing media sources and if they're not telling you there has been an increase in violence against Asian Americans then I guess it's not happening. /s

"The only haters I know are progressives."

So I guess you've been plugging your ears and closing your eyes whenever they show footage of Trump rally's, the Nazi march in Charlottesville or the attack on the capital.

"China may have allowed" "critics have also suggested"

So no proof then, just a bunch of conjecture and supposition but nothing that actually proves the "CCP blatantly allowed it to spread to the world" as you falsely claimed. None of the rest of that opinion piece about flights from Hubei province prove anything about the CCP "blatantly allowing" the virus to spread.

I'm not defending the CCP for any of their mishandling which it appears was clear to many, they no doubt made many mistakes. But before you go claiming it was some intentional attack on the rest of the world by the CCP you ought to have at least a shred of evidence and by looking at your link you obviously don't.

You go ahead an tell yourself whatever you want to believe. Whether that is true or not makes ZERO difference when it comes to the dangerous rhetoric used which did increase violence and anti-Asian sentiment against Asian Americans that had ZERO to do with the virus. Screaming "Fire!" in a theatre that is not on fire is dangerous, and using the excuse that some other theatre across the sea may have been on fire is a poor excuse for such dangerous conduct. I can only think of one reason why someone might be desperate to link a pandemic to an ethnicity/people and that is to support and normalize their own preconceived prejudices against that ethnicity/people.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.1.1    3 years ago

53570312_10213213220623147_4006711910253723648_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=WXyyNZ-vNWEAX8Qs-9l&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&tp=7&oh=ca6c8d959e342d4fc721efaabadab4fe&oe=607EEC6F

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.2    3 years ago

The MAGA roam.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @8.1    3 years ago
Bull ⋅!  The only haters I know are progressives.

same here!

true! 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9  MonsterMash    3 years ago

So why do progressives continue to try and make this out to be an anti-Asian hate crime?

They have to keep racism alive, it's a vote getting tool.

Veronica
Professor Guide
9.1  Veronica  replied to  MonsterMash @9    3 years ago
They have to keep racism alive,

So you believe racism is dead in the USA?  It no longer exists?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Veronica @9.1    3 years ago

I believe many conservatives know that racism still exists in America, they just don't see it as a bad thing. It wasn't a bug of the former Trump administration, it was a feature. I believe they also felt like anyone condemning prejudice or racism was directly attacking their perceived "white culture" and saw it as reverse racism against them simply because they prefer and want to protect their white Christian controlled cities and towns especially in the South where they have been large and in charge for centuries.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.2  MonsterMash  replied to  Veronica @9.1    3 years ago

No, but it's not as nearly prevalent as it's made out to be by Progressives, Democrats, and liberals.

Veronica
Professor Guide
9.1.3  Veronica  replied to  MonsterMash @9.1.2    3 years ago

And maybe, just maybe it is more prevalent than Regressives, Republicans and conservatives are making it out to be.  

Veronica
Professor Guide
9.1.4  Veronica  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1.1    3 years ago

I think it is kind of depressing that some do not want to move forward together, but want to dig their heels in and stay in the past (as long as they get to keep all of their fancy newfangled technology).

Sophomore Guide
9.1.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Veronica @9.1.4    3 years ago
I think it is kind of depressing that some do not want to move forward

I fully agree, 

Many people are afraid of change. My parents hated seeing anything change. It upset them many time when  something changed.  They were miserable which eventually took a toll on their health and shortened their lives both dying at 76. 

I had a grandmother who accepted that the world around her changed and she tried to adapt to it as it changed, She was happy, healthy and lived to 93 

I choose to follow after my grandmothers example ! 

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Veronica
Professor Guide
9.1.6  Veronica  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1.5    3 years ago

I can honestly say I am not always a champion for or happy with change, but in order to move forward we have to change.  

Sophomore Guide
9.1.7  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Veronica @9.1.6    3 years ago
I can honestly say I am not always a champion for or happy with change,

I agree, but WE can't stop change. I like you understand that changes are not always to our liking, but constantly fighting the world is actually worse. 

Veronica
Professor Guide
9.1.8  Veronica  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1.7    3 years ago
fighting the world is actually worse. 

And pointless - it goes on whether we like it or not. 

Sophomore Guide
9.1.9  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Veronica @9.1.8    3 years ago

So true unfortunately many never see it. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.10  bugsy  replied to  Veronica @9.1    3 years ago
So you believe racism is dead in the USA?

Do you think all races, including blacks, can be racist?

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
9.1.11  Drakkonis  replied to  Veronica @9.1    3 years ago

Racism exists in the USA and always will. However, I don't think it is as bad as the Left wants us to believe. 

I would say that maybe the apparent rise in anti-Asian violence of various kinds might get me to revise my opinion on this except for one important thing. While I'm sure the investigation into Long's murders continues, at the moment there's no reason to believe the murders were racially motivated. Even so, we've got the Left, including anti-violence against Asians organizations characterizing these murders as hate crimes when there is no justification for it.

What that makes me wonder is, if they are calling this a hate crime simply on the grounds that the murderer was white and three quarters of the victims were Asian, what other "incidences" are they applying this to? How many of the statistics stated are labeled as hate crimes simply because one participant was white and no other consideration? 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
9.1.12  Drakkonis  replied to  Veronica @9.1.4    3 years ago
I think it is kind of depressing that some do not want to move forward together, but want to dig their heels in and stay in the past

You know, more of the right might want to move forward together but the Left doesn't actually want that, or so it seems to me. They seem to need white people to be a bogeyman of some sort. How do you expect the right to meet someone in the middle when the other party is nowhere near it? How does one expect to win over a population that's being told they are racist on a genetic level? Being told they need to be less "white" whatever that means. When your gradeschooler comes home with a chart from their school so they can help their family determine just how racist they are? 

As I said earlier, racism exists and it always will. It will be practiced by people of all skin colors. But you don't fight racism by classifying an entire race as racist simply because of their skin color and expect them to go skipping down the yellow brick road with you. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1.13  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Drakkonis @9.1.11    3 years ago
Racism exists in the USA and always will.

True, but we don't have to allow it to effect policy and our nations laws. All should be equal under the law.

I don't think it is as bad as the Left wants us to believe.

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it even though I believe that's rather naïve when faced with the facts. There is proven systemic racism in the justice system, there are many who hold deeply prejudiced beliefs against black Americans, Hispanic Americans and Jewish Americans as we saw with the large march of bigots waving confederate flags along side swastika flags while chanting "Jews will not replace us!". Perhaps the number of open unapologetic racists is only a few thousand but the number of white supremacist groups has skyrocketed since Obama was elected President and the KKK saw a huge surge in 2017 after Trump was elected and now have active groups in at least 22 States and have over 3,000 active members. We've seen a jump of 30% in white supremacist groups since 2017 as they now clock in at just over 1,000 active hate groups. Trying to downplay and deflect from this fact is exactly what these groups want so claiming they're not "as bad as the left wants us to believe" is basically running a play right out of their play book. They want to be seen as regular every day conservative Christians with whom they interact daily and share many similar philosophies, faith, beliefs and voting habits. And they know there is a much larger group of conservatives who share their racist hate as well but are simply more hesitant about sharing it openly.

Some day I hope that the cycles of prejudice and racism in all its forms is burdened with it's vile legacy and thus becomes so unattractive that no one will openly voice their racist hate or expose their prejudices to anyone, especially the descendants of the bigots who are turning away from their ancestors beliefs and hate. It may never totally go away, but hopefully it stops showing its ugly face in our streets and our politics.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.14  MonsterMash  replied to  Veronica @9.1.3    3 years ago
And maybe, just maybe it is more prevalent than Regressives, Republicans and conservatives are making it out to be.  

So called Progressives are Regressives, they want to turn the clock back prior to 60s when racism was a bigger problem than it is today.

When minorities come to realize Democrats want to send them back to plantations suppling them with food and housing in return for votes the Democratic party will be in big trouble.

When LBJ was discussing his proposed civil rights bill with two governors. Explaining why it was so important to him, he said it was simple: “I’ll have them niggers voting Democratic for two hundred years.”

“That was the reason he was pushing the bill,” said MacMillan, who was present during the conversation. “Not because he wanted equality for everyone. It was strictly a political ploy for the Democratic party to get Negro votes. He was phony from the word go.”

exexpatnowinTX
Freshman Quiet
9.1.15  exexpatnowinTX  replied to  MonsterMash @9.1.14    3 years ago
So called Progressives are Regressives, they want to turn the clock back prior to 60s when racism was a bigger problem than it is today.

And they try harder and harder every day to try and push the Conservative bad theory.  Hopefully, even the hard core liberal not quite full blown progressive left will soon come to understand the harm the progressives are doing to not only their Democrat party, but even worse, to the future of this country the United States.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
9.1.16  Drakkonis  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1.13    3 years ago
There is proven systemic racism in the justice system,

That's the one area where I might agree there may be systemic injustice. I can't say for sure because I don't know enough about it. I only heard that blacks often get longer sentences than whites for the same crime. That in itself isn't sufficient for me but it makes me wonder.

As for the rest of what you say I don't know that much about it except I'm pretty skeptical for what I think are good reasons. For instance, how many of those "hate groups" were labeled such by the SPLC? In my opinion, nothing that group puts out any more is trustworthy. They used to be a good outfit but not anymore. 

But mostly, I don't think it is as bad as they want us to believe because being white is not synonymous with being racist. That's what is being pushed at the moment, though. Coke had a class set up for it's employees to teach them to be "less white" for crying out loud. How do you be less white? Get a really dark tan? I believe in personal accountability. I believe in working hard for what you want. I believe I should be judged by my actions and the content of my character. Do unto others as you'd have them do to you. Live according to the law. If that's being white and racist, well, guess I'll just have to be a racist, although I believe those things apply to everyone regardless of skin color. 

But to be told to be less white? What the hell does that even mean? 

The other reason is that if racism was as bad as they claim, why do I not see it in my daily life? The black people in my life have what I have. They get payed what I get paid. They're treated they're treated with the same respect as anyone else. No one comes up to me and talks about "the black guy." I never see anyone disrespecting a black person. I don't see altercations in the public square. No one sounding off about the "n....r" or some stupid thing like that. No one ever comes up to me because I'm white and tells me we white folks have to stick together. In fact, unless we're talking politics, color never comes up at all.  

So, it's a little hard for me to get behind something that doesn't appear to be there in the amount we're being told. I should be surrounded by unmistakable racism. And I live in an area that used to be a hotbed for white supremacism. We were nearly the capitol of supremacists on the West Coast. I'm not a sheep. I'm not going to get behind something I can't see just to satisfy someone else. And I'm sure as heck not going to get behind anyone who's platform is that I am a racist simply because my skin is white. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.18  MonsterMash  replied to  Drakkonis @9.1.16    3 years ago

Last week I was watching Chris Coumo, he and his minions were saying the Atlantic killings were diffidently racist motivated, that the shooter just didn't know he's a racist.

So you see Drakk, you, me, and every white person that ever voted for a Republican is a racist we just don't know it. s/   

Ender
Professor Principal
9.1.19  Ender  replied to  MonsterMash @9.1.14    3 years ago

What bullshit.

Plus you are completely misrepresenting that quote.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
9.1.20  Gazoo  replied to  Drakkonis @9.1.16    3 years ago

“why do I not see it in my daily life?”

i have asked the same thing. I’m not saying it doesn’t exist but i am certain it does not exist to the extent we are told.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.21  MonsterMash  replied to  Ender @9.1.19    3 years ago
What bullshit. Plus you are completely misrepresenting that quote.

Post what you think is the correct quote.

Ender
Professor Principal
9.1.22  Ender  replied to  MonsterMash @9.1.21    3 years ago

I never said the quote was wrong. I said your representation of the quote was wrong...

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.23  MonsterMash  replied to  Ender @9.1.22    3 years ago
I never said the quote was wrong. I said your representation of the quote was wrong...

What was wrong with my representation about it? You admitted the quote wasn't wrong.

When LBJ said “I’ll have them niggers voting Democratic for two hundred years.” what else could he have meant?

Ender
Professor Principal
9.1.24  Ender  replied to  MonsterMash @9.1.23    3 years ago

It was a warning to his own party that they were going to lose votes.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.25  MonsterMash  replied to  Ender @9.1.24    3 years ago
It was a warning to his own party that they were going to lose votes.

Right, that's why he said if the bill passed he would have blacks voting Democrat for the next two hundred years. The only thing that matter to LBJ was the vast amount of blacks would vote Democrat for the next 200 years.

He didn't care about civil rights, if he thought the black vote wouldn't keep Democrats in office for the seeable future he would have told MLK to go pound sand. No way would LBJ sign a Civil Rights bill if he thought blacks wouldn't vote Democrat.

Numerous historians have LBJ on the record referring to the Civil Rights Act of 1957 as “the n*gger bill,” LBJ was a life long racist, it's not likely he would have a change of heart in 1964.

I'm out of here for the night, have other things to do.

Ender
Professor Principal
9.1.26  Ender  replied to  MonsterMash @9.1.25    3 years ago

And he was correct. The racist faction of the party switched to the republicans, where they are in a majority to this day...

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.28  MonsterMash  replied to  Ender @9.1.26    3 years ago

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif You're just repeating the standard Democrat response to explain away their own racism. Get some new material.

Ender
Professor Principal
9.1.29  Ender  replied to  MonsterMash @9.1.28    3 years ago

So, not a believer in the great migration...

It did happen, whether some want to believe it or not.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.30  MonsterMash  replied to  Ender @9.1.29    3 years ago
So, not a believer in the great migration

Of course there was a Great Migration

The Great Migration was the relocation of more than 6 million African Americans from the rural South to the cities of the North, Midwest and West from about 1916 to 1970. What do you think it was?

Ender
Professor Principal
9.1.31  Ender  replied to  MonsterMash @9.1.30    3 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.32  JohnRussell  replied to  Drakkonis @9.1.16    3 years ago

Back in the 2000's I was on an online race relations forum, not that different from this one except that it was run by a group of black people, mostly in education, and 80 or 90% of the topics were related to race relations. I was on that forum for 7 years and saw discussed just about every imaginable angle of race relations you could think of. 

The United States has been around for 245 years, "America" has an entity has been around for 300 and some years. Up until the mid 1960's , or the last 55 of those 300+ years, black people (and to some extent other people of color) were legally second class citizens. It took a decade of marching, protesting, being beaten, etc, to get it to the point where laws were passed to protect the civil rights of everyone. 

50 or 55 years is not enough time to rid the country of racism. How long will it take?  It will take as long as it takes. It took hundreds of years to ingrain all this racism, what makes you think it won't take a long time to weed it out? There is one best way for white people to think about racism in terms of their own attitudes. "If the shoe fits". A lot of people have no reason to feel guilty, they realize that over centuries whites took advantage of and exploited people of color, here and all over the world.  It's a historical truth and it has to have a reckoning. That doesnt mean it is any individual's fault unless they want it to be. People who complain that racism is a burden on whites because they are judged unfairly are just looking to make excuses. 

Maybe 10 years ago Gallup did a poll and asked people if they harbored any racial prejudice toward other races. Over half of Americans admitted that they do to one extent or another. That is tens of millions of people, the majority of them white. The problem is, whites have absolutely no legitimate reason to be racially prejudiced, other than for a belief that whites are better than other races. 

People of color could harbor racial prejudice toward whites as a reaction to white racism. In fact that does happen. Think Reverend Wright. 

We are far from working out America's racial issues. But it is something that must be done. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.33  MonsterMash  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.32    3 years ago
Maybe 10 years ago Gallup did a poll and asked people if they harbored any racial prejudice toward other races. Over half of Americans admitted that they do to one extent or another. That is tens of millions of people, the majority of them white.

No doubt if Gallup had polled 200 blacks and 10 whites asking if they harbored any racial prejudice over half of the blacks would admit they do. That is over 24 million African Americans that would admit they're prejudice towards other races 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.34  MonsterMash  replied to  Ender @9.1.31    3 years ago

This song is your answer to what you think the Great Migration was? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.35  JohnRussell  replied to  MonsterMash @9.1.33    3 years ago

Blacks actually have a good reason to be prejudiced against whites although I think it is a minority of them that are.  

Whites have no legitimate reason to be prejudiced against blacks or Native Americans or any other non whites, but many millions of whites are. 

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.36  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @9.1.11    3 years ago
Racism exists in the USA and always will. However, I don't think it is as bad as the Left wants us to believe. 

Can you get rid of your privilege and then think about racism? (Probably, you can't in this country.) If you think your life is being hard (and it could properly be so) just imagine living life with some liberals living out their existences to frustrate your life ambitions.

BTW, when has liberal freedom become oxymoronic?

Liberals want to enjoy all the freedoms and privileges some conservative 'SAY' are inalienable to the species. But Conservatives!

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.37  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.1.10    3 years ago

Yes. Any fool can be 'disordered' over another group of people - even a group the fool considers familiar. Happens everyday somewhere on this planet!

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.38  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @9.1.12    3 years ago
As I said earlier, racism exists and it always will. It will be practiced by people of all skin colors. But you don't fight racism by classifying an entire race as racist simply because of their skin color and expect them to go skipping down the yellow brick road with you

How dare you! How dare you declare racism is "appropriate" for all times (future). In fact,

American Medical Association declares racism a ‘public health threat’

The American Medical Association said in a statement that racism is a “public health threat.”  In the same statement, the organization said that racism is merely a “social construct.”

“The AMA recognizes that racism negatively impacts and exacerbates health inequities among historically marginalized communities,” American Medical Association board member Willarda Edwards said in a statement. “Without systemic and structural-level change, health inequities will continue to exist, and the overall health of the nation will suffer.”

Edwards added that considering racism as a threat to public health will aid in “creating pathways for truth, healing, and reconciliation.”

The first of the organization’s newly adopted policies is recognizing that “the primary drivers of racial health inequity are systemic and structural racism.” However, the organization also notes that “unconscious bias” plays a significant role in perpetuating inequality. Accordingly, it will encourage governmental and non-governmental organizations to increase their funding of research into “the epidemiology of risks and damages related to racism.

One can't just sit on 'fat'. . . privilege, skin color, and bask in a conservative constitutional outlook derived and stuck on 1779! 

Racism denies people groups their humanity. Racism demonizes. Racism ignores the soul possessed by people.

No one has declared the White Race as persona non grata. There are great, good, fair, indifferent, vicious, and evil White people as there are in every race known by humankind!

There are White groups (and some abuse themselves with Jesus) who are heartless 'bastards' — male and female who display raw hatred and studied hatred against other minorities all day; every day; from one generation to the next!

Do not attempt to lead this discussion off-track by not distinguishing the role of some White groups in this country which are majorly disturbing and dangerous. Such White people go ot of their way - not to represent the whole of White people!

Veronica
Professor Guide
9.1.39  Veronica  replied to  MonsterMash @9.1.14    3 years ago

Get your head out of the 60s.  Look ahead - put all the shit behind you - you will be less stressed & happier.  

Veronica
Professor Guide
9.1.40  Veronica  replied to  bugsy @9.1.10    3 years ago

Not my question & has nothing to do with my question.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
9.1.41  Drakkonis  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.32    3 years ago

Why does nothing in your post address anything I said in mine? Your entire post is a non-sequitur. 

Now, as to yours...

50 or 55 years is not enough time to rid the country of racism. How long will it take?  It will take as long as it takes. It took hundreds of years to ingrain all this racism, what makes you think it won't take a long time to weed it out?

This addresses what, specifically, in my post? But besides that, we don't even mean the same thing when we talk about racism. To you, racism is a system or systems contained within a society specifically designed to promote one race over another. That's why the left is always going on about 'systemic racism'. It treats people as if they're mindless cattle that have to be herded in a desired direction by intellectual elites who know best what is best for society.  They, being the intellectual elites with power, believe that humans have to be managed by the proper system. And that is indeed why the Left inflates racism to the proportions that it does. They see it as a tool to create and implement the management program they want to put into place. 

There was systemic racism before the passage of the Civil Rights Act, and there are probably vestiges of it still around in various places, most notably by the Dems, who think black people require Dems to manage them because black people don't have the ability to help themselves. So Dems perpetuate systems that do more to keep black people poor and dependent than actually help them. 

But for most thinking people today, racism is what it has always been. Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Systemic racism was mostly put to rest with the CRA. Now, all there is left is individuals with racist beliefs. Note I did not say white individuals with racist beliefs. There are racists in every race category. And that is the reason your question is meaningless. We will never 'weed out' racism as long as people exist. You can't stop people from being people. 

A lot of people have no reason to feel guilty, they realize that over centuries whites took advantage of and exploited people of color, here and all over the world.

No, they have no reason to feel guilty because they had nothing to do with it, therefore bear no responsibility, not that they recognize whites took advantage. And the only, I repeat, only reason you can even put it in terms of white is that the Europeans developed the tech that allowed them to do the exploiting before anyone else could. If the people of the Middle East had not been held back by their religion they may have very well developed the scientific method before the Europeans and it would have been them who had done the exploiting. Africa, Natives of pre-Columbian America, Asia. Doesn't matter. All of them would have done the same thing. That's because we are all human and it has always been human nature to do so if you can. 

It's a historical truth and it has to have a reckoning.

Really? Why? And why stop at just the history of blacks or any other minority in this country? Why not do the whole enchilada? Let's go to Africa and go after all the tribes that sold blacks to the slavers! That's a great idea! I mean, if you're going to have an accounting, let's have an accounting! Why, we could go all the way back to Cain killing Abel! Brilliant! 

Would you like to actually help the impoverished black person? Convince them to graduate from High School. Convince them to get a job. Convince them not to have children until after they are married. It's worked for non-blacks for years. In fact, the reason so many whites have it better than a lot of black people is they do exactly that. But it's changing. We are getting more and more white people in the same situation as poor blacks because they are doing the same thing as poor blacks. Not graduating. Not waiting for  marriage to have sex and getting pregnant. Not holding down a job because they're too interested in easy money and partying. 

People who complain that racism is a burden on whites because they are judged unfairly are just looking to make excuses. 

That's a load of crap. People complain because the burden is being forced on them by the Left when there's not actually a burden to be had in the first place. They are doing so in order to force the changes the Left wants in society, and so, like any communist propaganda machines in the past, creates whites as the bogeyman that needs to be defeated. That's what you do when you don't have an actual enemy to get people to rally around. You make one up. 

Maybe 10 years ago Gallup did a poll and asked people if they harbored any racial prejudice toward other races. Over half of Americans admitted that they do to one extent or another.

Which means nothing to me. You can get a poll to say dogs are cats if you ask the right questions. Even so, I very much suspect what people actually have prejudice toward has more to do with culture rather than race. 

We are far from working out America's racial issues. But it is something that must be done. 

No, it doesn't. It's actually making it worse. I believe, as I have stated, this is by intent. 

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.42  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @9.1.16    3 years ago
I should be surrounded by unmistakable racism. And I live in an area that used to be a hotbed for white supremacism. We were nearly the capitol of supremacists on the West Coast.

Oh, so your "surroundings" and your "daily life" are the measuring 'sticks' for racism in the U.S. now? Get real. I, am a Christian Black Male and I am thankful everyday that I am not immersed in the SEWER of racial hatred and racial violence. But, I am not foolish enough to think that my story is representative of the whole of the story. Perhaps, no, actually, you should not think what goes on around you is the whole story either.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.43  CB  replied to  MonsterMash @9.1.28    3 years ago

Wow. And yet, here we "negroes and besides are" all pressing to get in the Democratic Party far away from the Republican freedom "huggers." Maybe, we just like to be abused.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.44  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @9.1.41    3 years ago
[R]acism is a system or systems contained within a society specifically designed to promote one race over another.

White Male Christian Dominance is being promoted in the Republican and Conservative Parties. Oh yes, it's true. It's true. Tell me, how are minorities-were they to join both aforementioned parties-expected to feel about that?

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.45  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @9.1.41    3 years ago
So Dems perpetuate systems that do more to keep black people poor and dependent than actually help them.

As you sit and write this Republicans and conservatives have a scheme afoot (240 plus bills in state legislatures) designed  to suppress Minority voters across the spectrum from engaging the franchise properly. Some republicans and conservatives SAY with their mouths "all day" how freedom is the thing; we are reminded everyday how some conservatives and republicans from a constitutional "originalist"  point of view. A vantage point some conservatives, like former J. Antonin Scalia (deceased), see as giving White Male Christian a 'case' for arguing dominance and 'superior' positioning.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.46  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @9.1.41    3 years ago
No, they have no reason to feel guilty because they had nothing to do with it, therefore bear no responsibility, not that they recognize whites took advantage. And the only, I repeat, only reason you can even put it in terms of white is that the Europeans developed the tech that allowed them to do the exploiting before anyone else could. If the people of the Middle East had not been held back by their religion they may have very well developed the scientific method before the Europeans and it would have been them who had done the exploiting. Africa, Natives of pre-Columbian America, Asia. Doesn't matter.
All of them would have done the same thing.
That's because we are all human and it has always been human nature to do so if you can. 

U.S. slavery was savage, even so much so that:

1. The Negro was treated as a mere thing.
  2. The Negro was considered soul-less.
  3. Released (set free), the Negro - educated and willing - largely is 'told' the boundaries of his ambitions by some Conservatives. (For example: see voting manipulation strategies and tactics in red-states by overwhelming White conservative majorities.)

White Male Christians in this country had the chance to not write men and women into chattel slavery and with 'strokes of pens' did it anyway. There can be no excuse! No spin! Come clean! Stand in the light! It is disinfectant for the man and woman who needs it!

There existed no outside authority over the White Majority in the colonies: The states did what it did. The BUCK STOPS WITH WHITE PEOPLE THEN AS IT LARGELY DOES TODAY!

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.47  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @9.1.41    3 years ago
Let's go to Africa and go after all the tribes that sold blacks to the slavers! That's a great idea! I mean, if you're going to have an accounting, let's have an accounting! Why, we could go all the way back to Cain killing Abel! Brilliant! 

Reductio de absurdum. Not brilliant! Just because Africa traded slaves did not mean the burgeoning colonies had to purchase them. All the states has to do: "Just Say No!" 

But the states did not say no. They sat down, made the deals, and 'consumed.'

The Buck Stops Here!

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.48  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @9.1.41    3 years ago
Would you like to actually help the impoverished black person? Convince them to graduate from High School. Convince them to get a job. Convince them not to have children until after they are married. It's worked for non-blacks for years. In fact, the reason so many whites have it better than a lot of black people is they do exactly that. But it's changing. We are getting more and more white people in the same situation as poor blacks because they are doing the same thing as poor blacks. Not graduating. Not waiting for  marriage to have sex and getting pregnant. Not holding down a job because they're too interested in easy money and partying. 

There you are. . . .! Cathartic isn't it. Spit it all out! Good!

When you get finished 'vomiting it out': We can deal with what is. We can 'talk' with no-chaser!

HINT: Why can't some conservatives agree to pay Blacks a decent wage without weighing their responsibilities or lack thereof.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.49  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.45    3 years ago
As you sit and write this Republicans and conservatives have a scheme afoot (240 plus bills in state legislatures) designed  to suppress Minority voters across the spectrum from engaging the franchise properly.

Please do list some examples where minorities are singled out--where they have to do something different than others. Please also tell me why minorities are supposedly at a disadvantage because of these laws.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.50  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @9.1.41    3 years ago
creates whites as the bogeyman that needs to be defeated

There some conservatives go again; vainly attempting to speak for all White citizens of this country. For some conservatives information, not all Whites or all any races are the part of the problem. The boogeymen/women Whites and Others are!

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.51  bugsy  replied to  Veronica @9.1.40    3 years ago
Not my question & has nothing to do with my question.

The problem is that anytime a leftist exclaims that racism is alive in America, they are quietly referring to whites as being the racists, but never want to answer the question as to if they believe blacks are also racist.

That, to most leftists, is a question that should never be asked because they know the truth will be out.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.52  CB  replied to  Drakkonis @9.1.41    3 years ago
No, it doesn't. It's actually making it worse. I believe, as I have stated, this is by intent. 

Well, it not as bad as "slave colonization" or "Jim Crow South" or "lynchings," or segregated neighborhoods, separate but Unequal, or legal "red-lining," or voter disenfranchisement, or. . . .

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.53  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.52    3 years ago
Well, it not as bad as "slave colonization" or "Jim Crow South" or "lynchings," or segregated neighborhoods, separate but Unequal, or legal "red-lining," or voter disenfranchisement, or. . .

I will take it you weren't a Democrat back when they did all that horrible stuff.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.54  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @9.1.51    3 years ago

White people who claim that blacks are the real racists or just as racist as whites are pitiful.  I cringe every time I hear someone spout that bilge. 

To the extent that are are black racists, and there are some, they have a damn good excuse. 

White racists have no excuse whatsoever, other than that they are doing what their momma and daddy taught them. 

These people need to understand that white racism has gotten us to this point we are at,  not non-white racism.  Period. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
9.1.55  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.54    3 years ago

“To the extent that are are black racists, and there are some, they have a damn good excuse.”

What a bunch of bs. there is no excuse for treating anybody badly because of their race. Treat people based on how they treat you, and others, not on their race.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.56  JohnRussell  replied to  Gazoo @9.1.55    3 years ago

Of course individuals should be that way.  The fact is there are some blacks who harbor resentment toward whites because of the history of white racism. I read some about Rev Wright back in the day, and this was absolutely what caused him to become racist against whites - his resentment over the way blacks had been treated in America from the beginning. 

Please, tell us what excuse whites have for their racism.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
9.1.57  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.56    3 years ago

“The fact is there are some blacks who harbor resentment toward whites because of the history of white racism.”

with the kind of thinking do you ever see the end of racism? I don’t. That kind of thinking will likely create more racism and might create racist feelings in some that otherwise would have never held those feelings.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.58  JohnRussell  replied to  Gazoo @9.1.57    3 years ago

it depends on how much mental and emotional maturity people have. 

I dont take it personally if I hear some black person resents whites. 

It is astonishing to me to see white people complain about the racism from other races. Cure your own selves before you worry about the response coming from others. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
9.1.60  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.58    3 years ago

“I dont take it personally if I hear some black person resents whites”

Would you take it personally if some black person treated YOU like shit simply because you are white? 

“It is astonishing to me to see white people complain about the racism from other races.“

Would it be astonishing to you if a white person complained about racism if they were treated badly by a complete stranger because they are white? That is the type of action i mentioned above that can create racist feelings in someone not prone to those feelings.

“It is astonishing to me to see white people complain about the racism from other races.”

it’s astonishing to me that you judge others without knowing a thing about what they went through in the past.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9.1.61  bbl-1  replied to  Gazoo @9.1.57    3 years ago

Explain 'The Southern Strategy'.  Explain it and perhaps you'll understand why things are the way they are.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.62  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.49    3 years ago

Go find your own examples, Texan. Remember I am not your, "servant."  As fortalking a big game continually about freedom some conservatives are right now clawing back freedoms granted to minorities.to vote during a pandemic (which is still the case) - until further notice

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.63  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.54    3 years ago
To the extent that are are black racists, and there are some, they have a damn good excuse

That is one of the most fucked up comments ever posted on here.

If I was robbed by a black person, would I have an excuse to now be racist to blacks. Afterall, being robbed should be a damned good reason, dontcha think?

"These people need to understand that white racism has gotten us to this point we are at,  not non-white racism.  Period."

This is nothing more than white liberal apologist excuse for their own bigoted views. Don't you remember....liberals say blacks can't get IDs to vote cuz.....racccccciiissssssmmmm....and Biden himself even sad, among many other things, that minorities can't use a computer or the internet.

That, my boy, is a bigoted comment, but because Biden is the leader of the loon left, he gets a pass...even by many blacks.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.64  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.56    3 years ago
Please, tell us what excuse whites have for their racism.

I don't know.....maybe because 13 percent of the population is responsible for over half of all crimes in the country?

Let me guess...you think this population does what it does because of raccciiissssmmmm.

Many white liberals have a disease that needs to be looked at.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.65  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.1.64    3 years ago

Dog whistle.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.66  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.1.63    3 years ago

Dog whistle.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.67  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.1.64    3 years ago

Dog whistle

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.68  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.1.51    3 years ago

Dog whistle.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.69  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.65    3 years ago

Stupid comment x 4

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.70  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.1.63    3 years ago

Well bugsy, that just goes to show what you know about Black people and Other Minorities who keep having their personal and professional lives dictated to them by some conservatives living in 'small-town' U.S.A.

BTW, where is it stated in the Constitution that everybody in this nation or in any state whatsoever should vote in the same manner as "small-town" USA conservatives?

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.71  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.1.64    3 years ago
I don't know.....maybe because 13 percent of the population is responsible for over half of all crimes in the country?

Can you prove this? WHAT 13 percent of the U.S. population are you alluding to anyway?

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.72  bugsy  replied to  CB @9.1.70    3 years ago
Black people and Other Minorities who keep having their personal and professional lives dictated to them by some conservatives living in 'small-town' U.S.A.

Show me where this is happening.

Now, for some facts...

If a black person, or ANY OTHER MINORITY would dare to step off the democrat, liberal, progressive plantation, they are quickly demeaned, insulted, called names, b y both white and black liberals.

Maybe YOU need to see who is dictating how blacks and other minorities vote...

Conservatives, including myself, applaud these brave people for making independent choices outside the shackles of the left.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.73  bugsy  replied to  CB @9.1.71    3 years ago
WHAT 13 percent of the U.S. population are you alluding to anyway?

Let me give you a hint....it ain't white people

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.74  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.1.72    3 years ago
"Now, for some facts..."

Where?

Something you've never provided.

Conservative?

LOL!!!!!!!!!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.75  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.1.73    3 years ago

That's mighty white of you!

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.76  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.75    3 years ago
That's mighty white of you!

So you ASSume the color of my skin and have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

How liberal/progressive of you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.78  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.77    3 years ago

I appreciate it Texan, however, because the source is not from a far left loon site, they won't read it, and if they do, they won't believe it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.79  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @9.1.78    3 years ago
because the source is not from a far left loon site, they won't read it, and if they do, they won't believe it.

Sadly, your statement is correct.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.81  bugsy  replied to    3 years ago
educational, housing, employment, wages, judicial, et.al.?

To be honest, I don't care about any of the above. The left has been using excuses like this for decades to protect that 13 percent.

Common sense will tell anyone that crime is not the right answer to anything. Education level is not an excuse, wages is not an excuse, housing is not an excuse.

It is all about personal responsibility. That is something the left can educate their followers on.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.83  bugsy  replied to    3 years ago
Short-sighted and self-serving. 

Sorry but I'm right on the money with this. The underlying reason is personal responsibility.

It is not rocket science to tell your children that crime is wrong and they will pay a heavy price if they commit crimes.

You don't have to be rich or educated to know that. Anything else is just excuses for excusing bad behavior.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.85  Tessylo  replied to    3 years ago
"It is also easy to cast dispersion and pass judgement from a perch where the view has been afforded by blind luck, born into a circumstance that automatically elevates them regardless of skill, temperament, or intelligence."

Yes, indeed!

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.86  bugsy  replied to    3 years ago
It is also easy to cast dispersion and pass judgement from a perch where the view has been afforded by blind luck, born into a circumstance that automatically elevates them regardless of skill, temperament, or intelligence.

Exactly how do you know what sort of condition I was born into? How do you know what, if anything, elevated me.....besides personal responsibility? Are you ASSuming I am white?

My dad was in the Navy when I was young, gone for many months at a time during the Vietnam years, but yet, I knew naturally what was right and what was wrong.

I embraced personal responsibility and joined the Navy myself. Nothing is stopping those with less circumstance from making the same decision to better themselves.To get stuck on the streets dealing in crime and drugs is a personal decision, albeit a screwed up wrong. No one forced anyone to get into that type of crap.

No one should be making excuses for them.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.87  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.85    3 years ago

Woof woof....tweet tweet....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.88  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @9.1.83    3 years ago
Anything else is just excuses for excusing bad behavior.

Spot on.

Personal responsibility should be something taught at an early age.

No more participation trophies, no more "It's society's fault" excuses for bad behavior.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.89  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.1.87    3 years ago

Good boy!

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.90  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.88    3 years ago
No more participation trophies,

Unfortunately these days, we are seeing the liberal children of the "participation trophy" 90s grown up teaching their children that they should be given everything, whether they participate or not, and of they don't get what they demand, then blame everyone but themselves for their failures.

Some of them teach their kids to destroy things they can't have.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.91  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.89    3 years ago

[deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.93  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.1.72    3 years ago

You don't have to brave to be the sole Black conservative senator who votes in concert with the party line on clearly partisan positions. As for demeanings and projections, I won't waste time, I'll just tell some conservatives to stop offering bull patty for policies in order to expect different results!

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.94  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.1.73    3 years ago

Surely you can do better. You know with that some conservative "BETTER" work ethic apparently. /s

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.95  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.1.78    3 years ago
I don't know.....maybe because 13 percent of the population is responsible for over half of all crimes in the country?  -bugsy.
Offense charged Total White Black or African American American Indian or Alaska Native Asian Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander Total White Black or African American American Indian or Alaska Native Asian Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander Total 2 Hispanic or Latino Not Hispanic or Latino Total Hispanic or Latino Not Hispanic or Latino
TOTAL 8,421,481 5,858,330 2,263,112 171,185 103,244 25,610 100.0 69.6 26.9 2.0 1.2 0.3 6,647,012 1,221,066 5,425,946 100.0 18.4 81.6

Race and Hispanic Origin
White alone, percent
76.3%
Black or African American alone, percent (a)
13.4%
American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent (a)
1.3%
Asian alone, percent (a)
5.9%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, percent (a)
0.2%
Two or More Races, percent
2.8%
Hispanic or Latino, percent (b)
18.5%
White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent
60.1%

So, I ask again what 13 percent of the U.S. population are YOU alluding to. Go ahead, make it clear.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.96  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.1.81    3 years ago

Let's step aside for a moment. What about community responsibility? Do you have any on the some conservative side? After all, you don't seem to "care" that COVID-19 is sickening, 'long-hauling,' and killing hundreds of thousands of it's victims. Thus, you can't find proper fault with former president Donald Trump administration's  handling of the disease. He for a solid year 'down-played' the virus in word and in deeds. So what about community responsibility.

And do not waste my time talking about Black American 'experience' or morality quotient, when you won't care about the above - as you put it.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.97  CB  replied to    3 years ago

Emphatically.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.98  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.1.83    3 years ago

R.T.B., "bugsy" is loosening the belt on the discussion and we can see what he does there. S/he assumes to take for granted that 13 percent of an unknown racial classification is personally irresponsible-for 'over 50% of the crime in the United States." 

It is an ambiguous factoid.

And it cries aloud for clarity. In lieu of clearing the air on the topic, "bugsy" is attempting to claim some imaginary high moral ground, speak down from its even higher mound (of teary dirt), and subsequently tell the victims of meddling, inequality all their days, and long jail sentencings how they brought it on themselves!

Well "bugsy" what explains giving those "privilege passes" some conservatives exercise their freedom to give former President Donald Trump on a daily basis? Speaking frankly of bad behavior - you can't spot a blemish on that man - right? Right? RIGHT.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.99  bugsy  replied to  CB @9.1.95    3 years ago
So, I ask again what 13 percent of the U.S. population are YOU alluding to. Go ahead, make it clear

My God if you can't read your own post, then don't blame me for your ignorance.

If you don't believe me about blacks causing 50 percent or more total violent crimes in the country, then maybe you should take a look at the FBI statistics table 43. That may (or probably not) enlighten you.

I'm not doing your homework for you.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.100  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.1.99    3 years ago

Is that all you have?

Dog whistles?

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.101  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.100    3 years ago

You see, Tessy, I don't revolve my life around this site, like many liberals do.

There is a 9 hour gap between the time I made the post and when he responded to that post. Where is your little tantrum why he is waiting so long to post to me when I was not here to defend myself?

As far as me asking about why and where you are posting, I have never done such a thing. You need to prove that or STFU. Nowhere have I ever mentioned you, supposed to be working, and posting during work hours.

As a matter of fact, YOU just admitted that you post on here while you are supposed to be working. Maybe you should really think before you post.  Let me refresh your memory form 9.1.100.

"time I spend here when I'm supposed to be working"

Seems to me you just doxxed yourself.

Have a nice day s/

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.102  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.1.101    3 years ago

I must have confused you with a different 'bug'.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.103  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.102    3 years ago

Now, if you want to refute any of my previous posts above, go ahead and give it a shot.

I don't think you can, though.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.104  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.100    3 years ago
Is that all you have? Dog whistles?

Yep...just as I thought.....

You can't refute anything.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.105  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.1.99    3 years ago
crop=auto
PhD Principal
9.1.77   Texan1211   replied to  CB @ 9.1.71     22 hours ago

like.png?skin=ntNewsTalkers3&v=1613695469   REPLY      

crop=auto
PhD Guide
9.1.78 bugsy replied to Texan1211 @ 9.1.77  22 hours ago

I appreciate it Texan, however, because the source is not from a far left loon site, they won't read it, and if they do, they won't believe it.

like.png?skin=ntNewsTalkers3&v=1613695469 2     REPLY      
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here you are patting a 'friendly' commenter about the 'head and shoulders' and calling out others weirdly and now you're caught in a 'net'. Well, according to the data @ 9.1.25 you have not met your 'burden.'

So now what? Shall I dawdle with this all day? I think not. Bugsy you praised Texan (for not making your point) ! And now you state Texan missed the 'mark.'

As to your insults: Irrelevant .

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.106  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.62    3 years ago
Go find your own examples, Texan. Remember I am not your, "servant."  As fortalking a big game continually about freedomsome conservatives are right now clawing back freedoms granted to minorities.to vote during a pandemic (which is still the case) -until further notice

yeah, I knew from the start that you would be unable to answer my questions.

No surprise.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.107  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.105    3 years ago

Perhaps you should take time to actually read the links I provided.

You asked for it, it was provided, and now you comepletely ignore what you yourself sasked for.

Please spare me the blather about "furthering the discussion".

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.108  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.1.86    3 years ago

Why are you vainly trying to personalize this? This is NOT about: You-your life-your career-your heritage. That is extraneous, unneccessary, and unhelpful to this thread! Furthermore, it is bogus for you to attempt condensing down this thread to merely Blacks who sell drugs and who hold a valid criminal record of some kind as a whole or majority perspective of Black people in our country!

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.109  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.1.101    3 years ago
There is a 9 hour gap between the time I made the post and when he responded to that post. Where is your little tantrum why he is waiting so long to post to me when I was not here to defend myself?

256   Some days are so. . . "pettisome." (I would tell you about my day, but its really none of your business.)

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.110  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.106    3 years ago

I also select the 'bait' I take! I thought you knew.  And I notice your parsing of comments as well.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.111  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.109    3 years ago

He didn't ask about your day. I don't think he really cares.

He was obviously making a point to another poster.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.112  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.110    3 years ago

A very simple "No, I can't answer any questions" would have sufficed nicely.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.113  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.111    3 years ago

I select the 'bait' I take! I thought you knew (by now)!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.114  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.113    3 years ago

Just curious as to why you ask for info and then ignore it.

Seems like a monumental waste of your time.

Suit yourself!

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.115  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.114    3 years ago

You should ask "Bugsy" the big shit talker about "loons" and other irrelevancies. For my part, I don't have to indulge that bull patty - if I do not want!

And as for your specified data points (which I posted) it does not make "Bugsy's" point.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.116  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.111    3 years ago
He was obviously making a point to another poster.

A point that clearly went over his head...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.117  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.115    3 years ago
You should ask "Bugsy" the big shit talker about "loons" and other irrelevancies. For my part, I don't have to indulge that bull patty - if I do not want!

When or if I need help understanding lunatic loons, I might ask him. I understand them just fine right now.

Since that isn't the topic or something I am even discussing, why are you deflecting?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
9.1.118  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.117    3 years ago

Alright. I did some figuring here and this is what I came up with.

White, 76.3% of population which would equate to 6,425,590 of the totals

Black, 13.4% of population which would equate to 1,128,478

That being said, actual white 5,858,330 or 69.56%. Less than what one would expect based on population.

Actual black, 2,263,112 or 26.9% or DOUBLE what one should expect based on population

Not sure if that is where this spaghetti was supposed to end up but there it is.

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.119  bugsy  replied to  CB @9.1.115    3 years ago
the big shit talker

Your problem is you have never been able to refute this "shit talker" on any subject, or refute any conservative on here, for that matter.

Today is no different.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.120  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.1.118    3 years ago

Just facts he won't accept.

Luckily for us, whether he accepts them or not doesn't change them.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.121  Tessylo  replied to  CB @9.1.115    3 years ago
"You should ask "Bugsy" the big shit talker about "loons" and other irrelevancies. For my part, I don't have to indulge that bull patty - if I do not want!"

He sure is a 'big shit' talker!

You got that right CB

Also, don't ever expect anything resembling facts coming from him.  Just dog whistles.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.122  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.121    3 years ago
Just dog whistles

You really need to stop accusing someone of something only you hear.

Maybe a psychiatrist can help you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.123  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.113    3 years ago
I select the 'bait' I take!

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.124  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @9.1.118    3 years ago
13 percent of the population is responsible for over half of all crimes in the country?

That is what "big shit talker (BST)" point is. To which I asked BST which population group or groups he is referring? To which he took off on an 'odyssey' and as yet still has not returned an answer.

Finally, "over half of all crimes in the country" means what it states on its face! Double what one expects from an otherwise unclear "population" group does not match the aforementioned meaning.

These are the 'strings' I am pulling in this thread.

Oh, and Just Jim - nice effort on your part to offer some clarity!

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.125  bugsy  replied to  CB @9.1.124    3 years ago

Read 9.1.99 again. That will answer the question you are so desperately faking you don't know.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.126  CB  replied to  bugsy @9.1.125    3 years ago

@ 9.1.105  

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.127  bugsy  replied to  CB @9.1.126    3 years ago

Don't know what you are babbling about there. You keep asking what 13 percent of the population I am talking about, but you really know. I told you 9.1.99 will answer your fake query.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.128  Tessylo  replied to  CB @9.1.126    3 years ago

Don't bother CB - he's never supplied an actual fact.  

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.129  CB  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.128    3 years ago

I won't ask "bugsy" again. (Smile.) I would rather go out to a beach and pound some sand first!

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.130  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.128    3 years ago

You need to stop. Getting your ass handed to you is not a good look for you.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.131  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @9.1.130    3 years ago

You've never handed my ass to me . . . never

What exactly are you going to do, if I don't stop?  And stop what exactly?  Me pointing out the truth?

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1.132  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.131    3 years ago

[deleted.]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

I've been wondering how long it will be, or even IF anyone was going to post an article about TODAY'S mass shooting, or is it just such a "ho hum what else is new" situation in America that it isn't even newsworthy.  Click the link to the Boulder, Colorado supermarket shooting story below:

Ender
Professor Principal
10.1  Ender  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    3 years ago
Well , another day, another dollar
After I've sang and hollered
Oh, it's my way of living, and I can't change a thing

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ender @10.1    3 years ago
"Oh, it's my way of living, and I can't change a thing"

Maybe the present government will pass some more restrictive gun laws - that would be a start.  I hope nobody is naive enough to post a reply that "Guns don't kill people, People kill people" because it's the people with guns who kill a lot of people, because killing with a gun is easy.

Ender
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Ender  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10.1.1    3 years ago

The Democrats passed a universal background check bill and the republicans threw a fit.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
10.2  MonsterMash  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    3 years ago

I haven't had the TV or radio on all day, first I heard about it. No word about the race of the shooter

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MonsterMash @10.2    3 years ago

...or of those he shot, or whose supermarket it was.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10.3  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    3 years ago

Another day.  At least this appears to be Islamic 21 year old and now the MAGA bots have something to run and froth over.

Do not know if 'religion' has anything to do with anything with this shooting.  Hell, the shooter might have been an atheist.

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.3.1  bugsy  replied to  bbl-1 @10.3    3 years ago
At least this appears to be Islamic 21 year old and now the MAGA bots have something to run and froth over.

No different that the liberal loons that frothed at the mouth over the Atlanta shooting when it was learned the guy was white. They ran with the loon liberal narrative that he did what he did because of racccciiisssssmmmm.

The loon left was wrong yet again.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @10.3.1    3 years ago

Dog whistle

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.3.3  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @10.3.2    3 years ago

Woof woof...tweet tweet....

You are wrong...yet again...

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10.3.4  bbl-1  replied to  bugsy @10.3.1    3 years ago

What are you talking about?  Sheesh, white people shoot people everyday.  And................or would a simple 'duh' quantify it easier?