╌>

Nikki Haley says she'll support and not challenge Trump if he runs in 2024

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  104 comments

By:   Paul LeBlanc (MSN)

Nikki Haley says she'll support and not challenge Trump if he runs in 2024
Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley on Monday said she would back her onetime boss, former President Donald Trump, if he decides to run for the Republican Party's presidential nomination again in 2024 and not mount a bid against him.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley on Monday said she would back her onetime boss, former President Donald Trump, if he decides to run for the Republican Party's presidential nomination again in 2024 and not mount a bid against him.

"Yes," Haley, the former Republican governor of South Carolina, said in response to a question from The Associated Press during a news conference at South Carolina State University when asked if she would support another White House bid from Trump. Haley explained that she would not launch her own presidential campaign "if President Trump ran, and I would talk to him about it."

"That's something that we'll have a conversation about at some point, if that decision is something that has to be made," she said.

The comments from Haley -- considered one of the most high-profile potential 2024 contenders -- underscore the intense popularity that Trump still enjoys within the GOP. The former President has teased another White House bid in 2024 while also positioning himself as the Republican Party's kingmaker in the 2022 midterm elections.

Haley has often attempted to walk a fine line between allying with Trump and distancing herself enough to appeal to his more moderate critics. She notably left his administration in 2018 on good terms with him, a contrast with many other officials, who have publicly fallen out with their former boss.

But some of her sharpest criticism of Trump has come in recent months, following the January 6 insurrection.

"We need to acknowledge he let us down," Haley told Politico magazine in an interview published in February. "He went down a path he shouldn't have, and we shouldn't have followed him, and we shouldn't have listened to him. And we can't let that ever happen again."

Asked how Trump should then be held accountable, Haley replied at the time, "I think he's going to find himself further and further isolated."

"I think his business is suffering at this point. I think he's lost any sort of political viability he was going to have. I think he's lost his social media, which meant the world to him," she told Politico. "I mean, I think he's lost the things that really could have kept him moving."

But Haley struck a different tone about Trump on Monday, specifically defending his recent comments about top Republican leaders.

During a Republican National Committee donor retreat Saturday evening, the former President repeated familiar lies about the 2020 election and insulted Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, a person in the room told CNN.

"I think former President Trump's always been opinionated," Haley said at the news conference when asked about Trump's comments.

"Just because he left being president, that's not going to stop. But I think what he also talked about were all the successes that he had in the administration. And I think that's what Republicans are uniting on."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The Republican Party is completely morally bankrupt.   We need moderates and independents to acknowledge that and support the Democrats so we can move this country along in a positive way. 

Republicans KNOW that Trump attempted to subvert the election and in fact to overthrow his own government and STILL they say they support him and will continue to support him. 

This cannot be allowed to stand as the position of a major political party. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

I just cannot imagine what makes them continue to support that POS.  It's unfathomable to me.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago
This cannot be allowed to stand as the position of a major political party. 

Not your call, unless you are claiming to be a Republican now.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2    3 years ago

It's everyone's call. If they don't get enough votes they will have to change or die. 

We have PROMINENT Republican politicians who continue to support the worst and most dishonest president in American history. This is not a joke. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.1    3 years ago

None of your business unless you claim to be a Republican now.

Your personal opinions of your former President aren't relevant.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.3  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.2    3 years ago

Of course it is his business.   Non-Rs can weigh in on Rs (and non-Ds can weigh in on Ds).   This forum does not require people be registered in a particular party to opine on its candidates, elected officials, policies, etc.

If JR's opinions of Trump are not relevant then do you consider your own opinions to be?     

Thomas
Senior Guide
1.2.4  Thomas  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.2    3 years ago

Let's try this, and I will go slowly for you: "I am a United States citizen...."

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.2.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Thomas @1.2.4    3 years ago

Better yet.....

....that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Thomas @1.2.4    3 years ago

need to go slow for me, but proceed at whatever pace you are personally comfortable with.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.3    3 years ago
(and non-Ds can weigh in on Ds)

and they so often do. All one need to do is check the front page every day

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Once Haley, De Santis, and perhaps Noem realize that Trump is not re-electable, they'll change their minds.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3    3 years ago
Once Haley, De Santis, and perhaps Noem realize that Trump is not re-electable, they'll change their minds.

When will Trump realize that Trump is not re-electable?

evilone
Professor Guide
1.3.2  evilone  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.1    3 years ago
When will Trump realize that Trump is not re-electable?

When he loses a primary?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.3  Ozzwald  replied to  evilone @1.3.2    3 years ago

When he loses a primary?

You assume he can learn.  He is still doing speeches about how he won the last election.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  evilone @1.3.2    3 years ago

A couple of lost primaries won't stop him. It didn't stop him in 2016

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  evilone @1.3.2    3 years ago

I doubt Trump will lose a primary. The only way he will lose a Republican primary is if his legal troubles come into the open and there is such massive evidence of his corruption that it will convince even the Trump base of his criminality. As it is now , if Trump is convicted of a crime many of his followers will say he is being persecuted. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.5    3 years ago

I still think they would vote for him. They don't care that he's a criminal. They like him because he's just like them.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    3 years ago

131131397_3913554348654567_53089599694528991_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=fNfdEdH6Cz8AX-yo8bj&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=20fae01a2a01d0aa199f7ce761b8fa3f&oe=609CFE25

Hallux
Masters Principal
3  Hallux    3 years ago

Nikki is playing swill and spew games ... swallow at your own risk.

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    3 years ago
"Just because he left being president, that's not going to stop. But I think what he also talked about were all the successes that he had in the administration. And I think that's what Republicans are uniting on."

Straight, No chaser. Nickki Haley is a damn fool. Donald Trump is a narcissistic jerk who should not even be his own family's idea of a good leader. At-known, a country with 300M plus citizens. That she can not discern distinction between a decent, strong leader and a treacherous, strong man who has cause lives to be lost and freedoms to be abused and questioned, makes me disgusted with the mention of her!

NIKKI HALEY YOU ARE WEAK. GO AWAY!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4    3 years ago

Aw, you aren't afraid of a smart, strong, conservative woman, are you?

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.1  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    3 years ago

nOPE.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.1.1    3 years ago

Kind of sounds like it.

That, or your comment could be considered misogynistic.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    3 years ago

She's got the lefties scared shitless.

Lot's gonna happen in the next three and a half years.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.3    3 years ago

Um, no. But if you need to tell yourself that, feel free. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.3    3 years ago

What's to be frightened of?  She's just another trumpturd ass kisser.  What's she afraid of?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    3 years ago

After Trump's 2 month con-job, anyone supporting him is not someone I would support.   That con-job displayed his character flaws writ large.    Black and white obvious.   Anyone who would allow that malignant narcissist and pathological liar back into the White House has impaired judgment and morals IMO.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.7  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.2    3 years ago

Again: See @4.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.8  CB  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.6    3 years ago

Emphatically.  Moreover, she can't seem to decide to 'hate' or 'adore' this fiendish brute. So, I decide for her on my account: I spew her out.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  CB @4.1.7    3 years ago

Exactly as it was the first time I read it.

Unless you have changed something in your post, it is pointless to direct me to read it again.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.10  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.6    3 years ago

Sadly, to some people posting here anybody who is not a leftist liberal Democrats that shares their particular political ideology, whether they be Republican or conservative leaning independents are the enemy and are treated as such no matter what they say.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.11  TᵢG  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1.10    3 years ago

I agree, but partisans exist in all parties.   

Also, let me offer a view from the perspective of a political independent (an individual who does not accept anything coming from a political party at face value and tries to base all decisions on an objective analysis of facts).    Independents are made to be the enemy by both major sides.   I could criticize Biden (easily) on allowing what is almost certainly a lot of wasteful spending in a Trojan horse of 'infrastructure' (I am for true infrastructure investment in general).   There are some who would get bent out of shape simply because I raise that concern (disappointment).   When I criticized AOC for publicly declaring a ridiculously easily solved everyday individual problem on how she would afford to live in DC before receiving her first paycheck as a freshman congressperson, several members were aghast that I found her complaint to be silly and that it likely did not inspire confidence in her constituents who sent her to D.C. to solve serious problems.   Yes, it was not complimentary, but some acted like I was 'the enemy'.  It is silly.

And the same holds quite true when I make complaints of the R side of the house.   My biggest complaint with the Rs today (in general) is that they fail to comprehend how critical it is to rid themselves of Trump and start healing their infected party.   I make that complaint because I would like to see an honest, organized R party that really did try to be fiscally responsible, support only legal immigration and actually try to work for the betterment of the people.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.12  CB  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.11    3 years ago
to work for the betterment of the people

AND there it is in stark 'relief'! Republicans allowed their party to be overran by a self-righteous "me-me-me" man and many on this site adore Donald Trump, a man who gives nobody proper respect. . . he respects incorrigible conduct, nevertheless. But, presidents and leaders take all our money, time, and lives in their charge —we can ask that the govern from a good, "betterment of the people as a whole position.

Nope. The aforementioned is not too much to ask from a national leader and his or her cohorts.

Thomas
Senior Guide
4.1.13  Thomas  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.6    3 years ago

2 month con-job? I have been observing that guy for years. He always is on the take.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  Thomas @4.1.13    3 years ago

Yes, I know.   I use ' two-month con job ' as my label to refer to his post election nonsense.    Trump is inherently a scoundrel, but that escapade was so clear, so obvious that I fault anyone who cannot see the guy for what he is and find anyone who actually believes he won the election to be without any credibility ( among other descriptors ).

But that is just me.   

Who-cares-Depositphotos_49498407_s-2019.jpg

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.15  bugsy  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.3    3 years ago

Her and DeSantis.

That;s why all the attacks by the media towards him already.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Thomas @4.1.13    3 years ago

If you look in the dictionary - his picture is the definition of con-job 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @4.1.15    3 years ago
"She's got the lefties scared shitless."
No, she don't!

"Her and DeSantis.

That;s why all the attacks by the media towards him already."

What's to be afraid of from these weak spineless trumpturd ass kissers?

I repeat, what are they afraid of?  These spineless trumpturd ass kissers?  What does that turd have on them?

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.18  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.17    3 years ago

Yep....yer afraid...

Hallux
Masters Principal
4.2  Hallux  replied to  CB @4    3 years ago
NIKKI HALEY

... at 49, Nikki is going nowhere and can afford to wait until 2028 if 2024 is not available ... in no way is Nikki weak.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Hallux @4.2    3 years ago

I used to think rather highly of her, then she showed her true colors and.....nope, no way I would vote for her. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.1    3 years ago

I'd never vote for her either.  I'd say she's weak if she's kissing that fat turd's ass. 

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.3  CB  replied to  Hallux @4.2    3 years ago

Hi Hallux, @ 4.1.8. She doesn't stand for anything good regarding Donald. What does he have 'raw' political power. Is that all she about?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.1    3 years ago

Exactly how I feel about her.  I, too, used to think she would be a great POTUS, and then she started to express her feelings about certain things, ESPECIALLY backing Trump, and she lost me.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  Hallux @4.2    3 years ago

I agree that biologically she has time, but she may not have that much political time. If she's stays out of the news for that long, she risks becoming too anonymous to elect.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

I hope she does stay out since Trump’s chances of winning another run for POTUS are next to none.  I hope Trump scares every spineless piece of shit Trump wannabe away from the race.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    3 years ago

I was thinking that very thing.  For a while I really wanted Trump convicted of offences that prevented him from taking public office again, and finally I realized that I really don't think he would win in 2024 (even though he will still say he did and the election will have been "stolen" from him again), and that would assure that the duplicitous Republicans would not take back the White House.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6  TᵢG    3 years ago
"We need to acknowledge he let us down," Haley told Politico magazine in an interview published in February. "He went down a path he shouldn't have, and we shouldn't have followed him, and we shouldn't have listened to him. And we can't let that ever happen again."

Great, I agree that this should not happen again.   So encourage the R party to eject Trump, engage in a regimen to clear the party of the Trump infection and nurse it back to health.   Trump has done heavy damage to the R party and will continue to do so as long as people support him.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
7  Gazoo    3 years ago

If he runs again he’s got my vote.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
7.1  pat wilson  replied to  Gazoo @7    3 years ago

Be sure to make your donation to his PAC. Just ignore those pre-checked boxes, those don't mean anything.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
7.1.1  Gazoo  replied to  pat wilson @7.1    3 years ago

Thanks, but i don’t take advice from,,,,,,,,,,,nevermind.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
7.1.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Gazoo @7.1.1    3 years ago

But by the looks of things..... maybe you should be taking advice from those that put country before party.  Just a thought.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
7.1.3  Gazoo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @7.1.2    3 years ago

Well then i wouldn’t be taking advice from todays dems, would i? America last, right?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @7.1.3    3 years ago

No, no, no, with trumpturd supporters and trumpturd - it's ME, ME, ME - no one and nothing else - ME, ME, ME

Not Country, Not Party  - ME,  ME, ME

Gazoo
Junior Silent
7.1.5  Gazoo  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.4    3 years ago

It should be America and Americans first, not foreigners. What American with a brain could possibly disagree with that? There are so many Americans that need help but what does dementia boy and giggle bitch do? Open up the borders, during a pandemic, so we can spread our limited resources even thinner. Great thinking, dems. jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @7.1.5    3 years ago

Who brought up America and foreigners?

I hear your dog whistles loud and clear.

[Deleted]

Your immature off topic racist rant is duly noted.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
7.1.7  Gazoo  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.6    3 years ago

Lol, i knew responding to you would be a waste of time, see ya.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    3 years ago

There aren't a lot of Republicans I wouldn't choose over Trump. If it were Haley v. Trump, that would be an easy call.

In the meantime, all sorts of people who would probably make better presidents support Trump because it's the nature of politics that you support the leading candidate of the party.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @8    3 years ago

Donald Trump tried to overthrow our government. It boggles the mind that you think he is an acceptable presidential candidate. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    3 years ago
Donald Trump tried to overthrow our government

That's funny.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    3 years ago
It boggles the mind that you think he is an acceptable presidential candidate. 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you decided to completely disregard the main point of my comment and exaggerate something that was barely there.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.1    3 years ago

Trump wanted Mike Pence on Jan 6th, to "throw the election back to the states" . Trump just reiterated that for the umpteenth time the other day. Pence had no authority to do that. 

That is trying to overthrow the government.  Going around the proper and acceptable procedures to try and achieve the result he wanted. 

You can make excuses for any fucking moron you want, but you don't get to pretend it didnt happen. 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
8.1.4  Gazoo  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    3 years ago

biden has dementia. It boggles my mind that anyone would vote for him. And then there is giggle bitch who couldn’t win one single delegate, then was the first top tier candidate to drop out because her campaign was a mess. Anyone who would vote for those two clowns has impaired judgment and morals, imo.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Gazoo @8.1.4    3 years ago
biden has dementia

Well Dr. Gazoo, when did you examine the patient?  Or, alternatively, when did you read examinations from other qualified professionals who examined and then concluded that Biden has dementia?

Note that even mild dementia has symptoms:

Mild dementia:  people with mild dementia will experience cognitive impairments that occasionally impact their daily life. Symptoms include memory loss, confusion, personality changes, getting lost, and difficulty in planning and carrying out tasks.

Biden has confused his stories and misremembered for decades.   Are you suggesting he has lived most of his adult life with dementia Dr. Gazoo?

Have you witnessed confusion (other than ordinary confusion like brain farts), memory loss (remember Rick Perry's memory loss ... ooops ... during a debate?), personality changes, getting lost, difficulty in planning and carrying out tasks?

And that would only be ' mild ' dementia.

Partisan-based medical ' diagnosis ' is simply another name for bullshit.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1    3 years ago

If Tacos! thinks Trump is an acceptable presidential candidate, based on his post @8, then he has a very strange way of expressing it.   By my reading, Tacos! essentially said that of all the Rs (that would mean ALL of them) he does not think there are many (i.e. 'few') who would be worse than Trump.

To wit, to me he is suggesting that Trump sucks and that he sees no way he would ever vote for him.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
8.1.7  Gazoo  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.5    3 years ago

It wasn’t always this way, there was a time when he was equal in the, uhh, you know, the thing. He stammers and stumbles with his lost thoughts behind his glazed over eyes. It’s easy to see no one is home. He is nowhere near the man he was even 5 years ago. but no, i haven’t read his medical records.
But i assume you have and will give your non-partisan report?

speaking of partisan, knock that shit off. You get on people’s cases for being “partisan” while being partisan yourself, and you probably don’t even see it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.8  Tacos!  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.6    3 years ago

Yeah, I mean I don't know if there are any Republicans who have that used-car salesman level of being full of shit like Trump does, or know as little about government and the law as he does. He excels there.

But I'm sure there are some others who are just so stridently racist, or have such a raging case of dementia, or who live to do nothing but irritate Democrats, such that even Trump would be better by comparison. So based on that, I equivocated a smidge. In reality I'm pretty sure I would vote for every other major Republican who has run in the last 50 years before I would vote for Trump. But historically, for JR, that has been the same as a ringing endorsement.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  Gazoo @8.1.7    3 years ago
But i assume you have and will give your non-partisan report?

No, I make no armchair medical diagnosis of the man.   I agree that he does not appear as sharp as he was when, say, running for V.P., but to call that dementia is pretty ridiculous.    Biden was shaky during the early campaign but time he became the nominee, he was in the groove.   He seems to be operating just fine right now so I do not know what you think you see.   I suspect it is partisan induced.

speaking of partisan, knock that shit off. You get on people’s cases for being “partisan” while being partisan yourself, and you probably don’t even see it.

Which party do I hold to?    Which party do you think I parrot?    

When speaking of me personally, Gazoo, you clearly do not have clue one.   To a blinder-bound partisan, the independents look like 'the other side'; we get that crap all the time from both sides.   Buy a vowel.

Actually I will buy the vowel for you.   I wrote this an hour before your post @ 8.1.7

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.10  CB  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.9    3 years ago

Fact is: Donald Trump is not simply 'coming' for democrats, he is coming for independents too. Indeed, Donald will 'mop' the floor with a set of republicans even - if they get in front of him. It is time to stop trying to tame 'unruly' fire. Donald Trump is the 'bum' we were all told to avoid at any cost in life.

How come independents don't recognize--I want Indies to understand--that Donald Trump uses other people to literally and figurative take the life's-worth of the citizens of this country. He won't admit to be sorry; he can not help himself without lying, and he appears to love none of 'us.'

Joe Biden is practically weeping his eyeballs out over the state of affairs in this country. When does right win. I am waiting for right to turn this country relatively level. The nation aspires to evolution. But, takes money from 'neanderthals' who promise to hold the country for a 'select' few originals.

There is a lot more ailing our nation than say, COVID. And COVID is really bad!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.11  TᵢG  replied to  CB @8.1.10    3 years ago
How come independents don't recognize--I want Indies to understand--that Donald Trump uses other people to literally and figurative take the life's-worth of the citizens of this country. He won't admit to be sorry; he can not help himself without lying, and he appears to love none of 'us.'

The independents I know all recognize this.   Difficult for me to imagine someone who actually thinks critically about political matters (key to the concept of independent) to not understand that.

CB
Professor Principal
8.1.12  CB  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.11    3 years ago

Thank you, TiG. It just seems some discussioners "straddle the fence" with Donald Trump (for their own benefits), but at any given juncture, Donald Trump is undiluted 'evil' - he injures and kills in his own fashion, but death and ruin are undeniably associated with this man!

(Sorry for the run-on sentence.)

In the four years of the Trump Administration , Donald Trump, in long analyses, will probably have done more negative harm to our diverse country than positive good! What of the country he, as president and man, could bend to this will he labored to do more so; what he could not shape or fashion of this country-he directed others to undermine, squash, sue in court, or ignore.

(Smile.)

Gazoo
Junior Silent
8.1.13  Gazoo  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.9    3 years ago

Guess what, tig, i’m an independent too. And when you speak of me you have not one clue. And i could go into your partisanship but this is not the place.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.14  TᵢG  replied to  Gazoo @8.1.13    3 years ago

Now we have two members playing the 'I know you are but what am I' game?

Guess what, tig, i’m an independent too.

Interesting.   I will keep that in mind when I come across your comments in the future.    You wrote that Trump has your vote if he runs again, right?

And i could go into your partisanship but this is not the place.

That illustrates that you either do not understand the concept of political independent or partisan (or possibly both).   Regardless, buy a vowel.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1.15  igknorantzrulz  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.14    3 years ago

do they realize "independent" does not always have to be associated with "thought' and "reason", as "independent" of...? 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
8.1.16  Gazoo  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.14    3 years ago

“Now we have two members playing the 'I know you are but what am I' game?”

well, you looked so lonely playing it all by yourself i felt bad for you so i jumped in with ya.

“Interesting.   I will keep that in mind when I come across your comments in the future.    You wrote that Trump has your vote if he runs again, right?”

i sure did. Does that mean i have never voted for a dem or 3rd party candidate before? No. Like i said earlier, you know very little about me so don’t pretend otherwise. Ok?

“That illustrates that you either do not understand the concept of political independent or partisan (or possibly both).”

no, it illustrates that you are blind to your own partisanship. Don’t bother buying a vowel, you need the whole alphabet.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.17  TᵢG  replied to  Gazoo @8.1.16    3 years ago

You are trolling.  This would be a good time to cease.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
8.1.18  Gazoo  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.17    3 years ago

Believe it or not your opinion is not the only opinion because i see you trolling. Look, it’s clear you don’t care for me and it should be ultra crystal clear that i don’t care for you. You don’t respond to my comments and i won’t respond to yours. See ya.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1.19  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Gazoo @8.1.18    3 years ago
it should be ultra crystal clear that i don’t care for you. You don’t respond to my comments and i won’t respond to yours. See ya.

well, since it's an open forum and such, i'll do whatever i frckn feel like, as always, but that tiny hint of a threat....now that's just, so exciting. I hope it's ok if i continue to watch, read, and LAUGH....

Gazoo
Junior Silent
8.1.20  Gazoo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @8.1.19    3 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  Gazoo @8.1.20    3 years ago

lol

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1.22  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Gazoo @8.1.20    3 years ago
not sure how you have the courage to make it through a day.

it's night

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.3    3 years ago
"You can make excuses for any fucking moron you want, but you don't get to pretend it didnt happen." 

That seems to be someone's job here!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @8.1.4    3 years ago

"biden has dementia. It boggles my mind that anyone would vote for him. And then there is giggle bitch who couldn’t win one single delegate, then was the first top tier candidate to drop out because her campaign was a mess.  Anyone who would vote for those two clowns has impaired judgment and morals, imo."

Your 'mind' must be easily boggled . . . jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

You're so nasty.  It's icky reading your posts.  They're so slimy.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.25  Tessylo  replied to  Gazoo @8.1.7    3 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.17    3 years ago

'Trolling'

That's all some members have.  It's almost like they're paid to do it!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
9  Greg Jones    3 years ago

He won't admit to be sorry; he can not help himself without lying, and he appears to love none of 'us.'

Trump's star is dimming rapidly. Don't be fooled by occasional flare ups. It's doubtful he will run again. Very unlikely he would even get nominated. No chance in hell he would ever be reelected

CB
Professor Principal
9.1  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @9    3 years ago

This nation can do better. This nation needs to do better. No mo' Donald-types this nation simply does not have the time to expend cleaning up the 'carnage' left behind!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @9    3 years ago

And yet, the left really seems to fear that he will run again, and win.

Why else keeping him foremost in their thoughts?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2    3 years ago
Why else keeping him foremost in their thoughts?

Because he apparently has supporters who could potentially return him to office.   Because the R party has yet to detach themselves from the Trump infection.

You deem those who do not want Trump to return as PotUS to be 'in fear'; as if there is no very good reason against him returning to power.   

After he proved to the world just how low a scoundrel he is with his 2-month post-election con job, do you actually want Trump as PotUS again?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @9.2.1    3 years ago

Democrats can always rely on the same polls that told them Trump would never win any election to assuage their fears

Put their little minds at ease that the Big, Bad Trump won't hurt them anymore!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.2.3  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.2    3 years ago

Do you ever directly answer a question?   Always a dodge and almost always with snark. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @9.2.3    3 years ago

I answer as I choose, and I also don't whine when you choose to do the same.

You CAN ignore me if that works better for ya!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.2.5  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.4    3 years ago
I answer as I choose, ...

Yes, I am aware that your behavior is deliberate.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @9.2.5    3 years ago

Awesome!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
10  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

This is an exercise in cowardice. Only willing to say certain things or take actions when it is safe, not willing to actually take a risk or say/do something g because it needs to be done regardless of who it might piss off. That is not a leader and definitely not someone who should be in the Oval Office.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
10.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Thrawn 31 @10    3 years ago

Don't underestimate Nikki Haley.

Right now she's just reading the tea leaves and observing how the political winds are blowing.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @10.1    3 years ago

She is a weak spineless trumpturd ass kisser who just blew her chances as far as I'm concerned. 

I'm sure many weak spineless trumpturd ass kissing republicans would vote for her though.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.1    3 years ago

she's the perfect republican candidate. (they think) a minority woman that can pass for white and always lands on her back when challenged by any male republicans.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @10.1.2    3 years ago

or her knees

oh hell....I'm gonna get some backlash from that aren't I?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @10.1.2    3 years ago
"and always lands on her back when challenged by any male republicans."

and or knees

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.3    3 years ago

... not from anyone that matters.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @10.1.5    3 years ago

true dat

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
10.1.7  Thrawn 31  replied to  Greg Jones @10.1    3 years ago

She knows Donald trump is not fit to be in office, has more or less said as much, but when push comes to shove admitted she will stand aside and do nothing. That is what cowards do.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11  Tessylo    3 years ago

Great minds think alike TG.  I was typing mine and when it posted I saw yours pop up!