╌>

Putin's asks the important question that nobody has asked.

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  158 comments

Putin's asks the important question that nobody has asked.
I'm always guided by the interests of the Russian people and Russian state.

Recently NBC news interviewed Vladimir Putin. It was a very interesting interview. The part that interested me most was when the NBC interviewer asked Putin about his heavy handedness with his political opponents.

Here is that question:

KEIR SIMMONS: —a direct question? Did you order Alexei Navalny's assassination?

VLADIMIR PUTIN: Of course not. We don't have this kind of habit, of assassinating anybody. That's one. Number two is I want to ask you: Did you order the assassination of the woman who walked into the Congress and who was shot and killed by a policeman? Do you know that 450 individuals were arrested after entering the Congress? And they didn't go there to steal a laptop. They came with political demands. 450 people—

KEIR SIMMONS: You're talking about the Capitol riot.

VLADIMIR PUTIN: —have been detained. They're facing— they're looking— they're— they're looking at jail time, between 15 and 25 years. And they came to the Congress with political demands. Isn't that persecution for political opinions? Some have been accused of plotting to topple— to take over-government power. Some are accused of— robbery. They didn't go there to rob. The people who you have mentioned, yes, they were convicted for violating their status, having been previously convicted— given convent— given suspended sentences— which were essentially warning to not— violate the Russian laws.

And they completely ignored the requirements of the law. The court went on and— passed— and turned the conviction into real jail time. Thousands and thousands of people ignore— requirements of the law, and they have nothing to do with political activities, in Russia every year and they go to jail. If somebody— if somebody is actually using political activities as a shield to deal with their issues, including— achieve their commercial— goals, then— it's something that they have to be held responsible for.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/transcript-nbc-news-exclusive-interview-russia-s-vladimir-putin-n1270649

Let me amplify: Vladimir Putin is asking who and why an unarmed woman was killed?  That is just the beginning of course. As many as 500 people are being held pending trial, without bail, on misdemeanor charges such as trespassing. We hear nothing from our government, which is acting like a totalitarian regime. Republican representatives seem fearful to even ask questions.

Ah, but Putin isn't afraid! The shill from NBC had the audacity to ask him about going after political opponents and Putin turned it right back at him - the American government has done it too!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

Today's lesson courtesy of Vladimir Putin.

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

[r][emoved]

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Hallux @1.1    3 years ago

Look at that, I got a medal!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago
Today's lesson courtesy of Vladimir Putin.

What lesson is that? How to get Americans to repeat a gaslighting false equivalency? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2    3 years ago

I realize that political prisoners are a new concept for the United States.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    3 years ago
I realize that political prisoners are a new concept for the United States.

Name the defendants that are political prisoners Vic. Many of the indictments, including video and social media posts, are available online so it should be easy for you to cite them by name. I'll wait. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.2.2    3 years ago
Many of the indictments, including video and social media posts, are available online so it should be easy for you to cite them by name. I'll wait. 

14,000 hours of film has been withheld from the public and potential attorneys.

Many of the indictments, including video and social media posts, are available online so it should be easy for you to cite them by name. 

Where are they?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.4  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    3 years ago

Putin's invitations to foreign politicians include beautiful State run whores and souvenir photographs.

Trump knows all about Putin's blackmail operation. Much too late.

Dig
Professor Participates
1.3  Dig  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago
KEIR SIMMONS: —a direct question? Did you order Alexei Navalny's assassination? VLADIMIR PUTIN: Of course not. We don't have this kind of habit, of assassinating anybody.

And you believe that?

Let me amplify: Vladimir Putin is asking who and why an unarmed woman was killed? 

No, let me "amplify": Trump-supporting traitors violently attacked the United States Government in an attempt to END THE REPUBLIC by somehow "convincing" Congress to overturn the election results (at Trump's behest, no less).

Some of those people are lucky they haven't been put up against a wall and shot for treason, especially the ones chanting about hanging the Vice President.

Babbitt was part of a violent group that was trying to break through the doorway of the Speaker's Lobby, a corridor leading directly to the House Chamber, while members of Congress were still present. She was shot because she jumped through a broken part of it and gained physical access to the corridor. And by the way, in an age of rabid gun culture and concealed carry there was no way of knowing in the moment whether she was armed or not. The officer who shot her was doing his duty and defending the evacuation of Congress during a violent attack. It's as simple and justifiable as that.

Her fellow traitors trying to break the door down were lucky they weren't shot as well. They probably would have been if they'd actually made it through like she did. Again, members of Congress were still in the Chamber, just down that hallway and to the right.

Why do you seem to be taking the side of homegrown traitors to the Republic, Vic? And of a geopolitical adversary and murderous tyrant like ex-KGB officer Vladimir Putin, who would love nothing more than to see the downfall of America?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dig @1.3    3 years ago
Some of those people are lucky they haven't been put up against a wall and shot for treason, especially the ones chanting about hanging the Vice President.

Has any one person even been charged with treason connected to the events on January 6th?

I wonder why the Biden Justice Dept. hasn't charged a whole slew of folks with treason the way some folks here talk about it all the time.  According to some, it is a slam-dunk, open-and-shut case that should be a cakewalk to prove in a court of law.

Dig
Professor Participates
1.3.2  Dig  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.1    3 years ago

Probably because the Constitution puts a limit on the official charge of treason...

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

But I'm sure you knew that. To bring an official charge of treason, the attack would basically have to be declared an act of war.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with that. A coup attempt to overthrow a government is definitely an act of war against said government in my book, even if it fails.

Are you here to carry water for the traitors, too?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.3  Texan1211  replied to  Dig @1.3.2    3 years ago
Are you here to carry water for the traitors, too?

Sorry, bud, but I don't carry water (or anything else) for anyone.

I merely wondered why, with all the charges of treason being bandied about by progressive liberals, not a solitary person has been charged by the Biden Justice Dept. with treason which the same progressives assure us is a slam-dunk case.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.4  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @1.3.3    3 years ago
I merely wondered why, with all the charges of treason being bandied about by progressive liberals, not a solitary person has been charged by the Biden Justice Dept. with treason which the same progressives assure us is a slam-dunk case.

Do you wonder the same about all of those that Trump accused of treason over the last 5 years? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.5  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.3.4    3 years ago

ooh,......................................nice deflection!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dig @1.3    3 years ago
And you believe that?

No, that happens to be irrelevant to the other point he made.  You know the one under discussion.

Do you believe that someone who deals in propaganda can never utter the truth?

Trump-supporting traitors violently attacked the United States Government in an attempt to END THE REPUBLIC by somehow "convincing" Congress to overturn the election results (at Trump's behest, no less).

An attempt "to end the Republic?"  How do you know what those two groups wanted? I'm not sure they knew what they wanted. The real question is why haven't they been charged with insurection?  

Some of those people are lucky they haven't been put up against a wall and shot for treason

One was shot. An unarmed woman. Why haven't the violent leftist that terrorized the nation been lined up and shot?  I'm certainly for that.

Babbitt was part of a violent group that was trying to break through the doorway of the Speaker's Lobby, a corridor leading directly to the House Chamber, while members of Congress were still present.

She was unarmed and a danger to nobody. 

She was shot because she jumped through a broken part of it 

That is a lie and the film of the event shows that she hadn't gone through the window.

And by the way, in an age of rabid gun culture and concealed carry there was no way of knowing in the moment whether she was armed or not.

You mean all the cops who shot suspects resisting arrest because they may have been armed were justified!  Let's see how consistent you are?  Answer that one!

The officer who shot her was doing his duty and defending the evacuation of Congress during a violent attack. It's as simple and justifiable as that.

No, he was reckless and I'll bet that he had a record of recklessness. Furthermore you wouldn't say that if any of the leftist rioters who cemented the windows & doors to the police station with cops in it and set it on fire were shot. You'd say it was terrible. We didn't hear a whisper over that from our dishonest, bastard media because those thugs were fighting for what progressives consider a "noble cause - AKA HATE!

Her fellow traitors trying to break the door down were lucky they weren't shot as well. They probably would have been if they'd actually made it through like she did. 

Again - SHE DIDN"T!

Why do you seem to be taking the side of homegrown traitors to the Republic, Vic?

I'm not taking sides. I'm saying they aren't getting due process. They've been held since January. They are political prisoners.

And of a geopolitical adversary and murderous tyrant like ex-KGB officer Vladimir Putin, who would love nothing more than to see the downfall of America?

We know what he is and we know what Biden is.

Dig
Professor Participates
1.3.7  Dig  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.6    3 years ago
An attempt "to end the Republic?"  How do you know what those two groups wanted?

What two groups?

And yes, if you are attempting to prevent the continuation of publicly-elected government, you are attempting to end the republic.

The real question is why haven't they been charged with insurection?  

I'd like to know that, too. Very much.

Why haven't the violent leftist that terrorized the nation been lined up and shot?

Terrorized the nation? Um, because it never happened? You must be referring to the millions of everyday people of all races and backgrounds, not just 'leftist' (sic), who were protesting George Floyd's death. That's a total false equivalency. It's not even in the same ball park as attacking the U.S. Congress to overturn an election.

And people who were caught actually being violent and destructive were arrested, as they should have been. Unfortunately for your 'terrorizing the nation' narrative, they were only a tiny fraction of all of the people who took part. There were even protests near me, and I live in a mostly rural area. No 'terror' though. They were all peaceful.

She was unarmed and a danger to nobody.

She was part of a violent mob attacking the seat of the United States Government while Congress was present and in session.

That is a lie and the film of the event shows that she hadn't gone through the window.

She was through the window. Only her backpack was still on the attackers' side. She fell back out of it because she was shot... again, while attacking Congress, for crying out loud.

You mean all the cops who shot suspects resisting arrest because they may have been armed were justified!  Let's see how consistent you are?  Answer that one!

I don't know which specific cases you're referring to, but were the suspects engaged in a violent coup attempt against the United States of America at the time? If they were (but we both know they weren't), and they were about to get into the House Chamber with members still present -- in a completely violent and threatening manner, screaming and breaking through windows and doors, with others literally engaged in battle with police outside -- then of course it would be justified.

You're fond of false equivalencies, aren't you? Strange how numb and indifferent you seem to be to the magnitude of what occurred on Jan 6.

Furthermore you wouldn't say that if any of the leftist rioters who cemented the windows & doors to the police station with cops in it and set it on fire were shot.

Again with the leftist thing? Is everyone who protested the George Floyd killing a 'leftist' to you?

But I'll tell you this, if a crazed, frothing-at-the-mouth, violent mob was physically fighting its way into a police station, beating and injuring police with pipes and other potentially deadly weapons along the way, and the police responded with deadly force, I seriously doubt many would call that unjustified. I certainly wouldn't.

But that's not what happened at the police station, it's what Trump supporters did at the Capitol. I was surprised at the time that more weren't shot, especially those engaged in hand to hand combat with police on the Capitol steps.

Again - SHE DIDN"T!

Again - SHE DID! Her feet weren't on the floor, but she was physically through. 

Why do you seem to be okay with these people attacking the U.S. Capitol? Like I said, I can't believe more people weren't shot by police. A lot more. Especially outside where the police were being physically beaten and overrun.

I'm not taking sides.

Just.... Wow.

I'm saying they aren't getting due process. They've been held since January. They are political prisoners.

Bullshit. Many of them are getting off far too easily.

We know what he is and we know what Biden is.

Well, some of us do. Others act like they'd rather have Putin or someone similar as president... or dictator for life, that is.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.8  Tessylo  replied to  Dig @1.3.7    3 years ago
"Terrorized the nation? Um, because it never happened? You must be referring to the millions of everyday people of all races and backgrounds, not just 'leftist' (sic), who were protesting George Floyd's death. That's a total false equivalency. It's not even in the same ball park as attacking the U.S. Congress to overturn an election. And people who were caught actually being violent and destructive were arrested, as they should have been. Unfortunately for your 'terrorizing the nation' narrative, they were only a tiny fraction of all of the people who took part. There were even protests near me, and I live in a mostly rural area. No 'terror' though. They were all peaceful."

THANK YOU!  I'm sick and tired of this false equivalency which is trotted out every time #45's and his domestic terrorist mob and their failed insurrection/coup is brought up, even by Little Putin, the King of deflection, projection, and denial.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dig @1.3.2    3 years ago
A coup attempt to overthrow a government is definitely an act of war against said government in my book

What a bunch of drama queens we have here. FFS they weren't  armed near enough OR prepared for a full fledged "take over" should they meet resistance. At best this was nothing but fodder for the press and a protest gone wrong because of a few morons. Those people couldn't have taken over a company picnic.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.10  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.3.9    3 years ago

Protest gone wrong . . . . jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    3 years ago

Little Putin deflected when questioned about #45's mob's insurrection/failed coup attempt!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 years ago
when questioned about #45's mob's insurrection/failed coup attempt!

He was not asked about the Capitol incident. It was he who brought it up.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    3 years ago
He was not asked about the Capitol incident. It was he who brought it up.

Of course he did and some Americans seem incapable of refraining from taking the bait. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @2.1.1    3 years ago

It wasn't bait. He actually had a valid point.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    3 years ago
It wasn't bait. He actually had a valid point.

How the fuck can you think that asking journalist if he ordered the 'assassination' of an unknown member of an insurrectionist mob is a 'valid point' Vic? 

The mere fact that you [or anyone] accept Putin's use of the term 'assassination' as the predicate to the question is laughable in and of itself. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    3 years ago

VLADIMIR PUTIN: Of course not. We don't have this kind of habit, of assassinating anybody

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Why the hell would he bring it up?  What does that have to do with him not ordering the assassination jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif of anyone?

That anyone would believe just about anything little Putin or #45 has to say on this or ANYTHING is absolutelyfreakingunbelieveable!

I mean after all, he's not the king of misinformation and propaganda.  Not at all!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 years ago

Why are American protestors being held indefinitely?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

Because they're not protesters.  They're white supremacists/domestic terrorists.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.1    3 years ago

How are they "White Supremacists?"

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.1    3 years ago

They're white supremacists/domestic terrorists.  

No evidence of that. Except for a few hotheads, almost all of them were just peaceful protestors.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.1.4  Hallux  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.3    3 years ago

... define 'few'.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Hallux @3.1.4    3 years ago

More than 500 of those 'peaceful protestors' have been arrested now.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.5    3 years ago

Any charged with sedition or treason?

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.1.7  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

There's a surplus of soap?

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.1.8  pat wilson  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.1    3 years ago

But, but Putie says they were making "political demands". Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1.9  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  pat wilson @3.1.8    3 years ago

I’ll have to remember that the next time I try to impale a cop with an American flag.  It wasn’t attempted murder, it was just a benign political demand.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.10  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.3    3 years ago
Except for a few hotheads, almost all of them were just peaceful protestors.

They wiped their own shit on the walls of the US Capitol and pissed on the floors. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.11  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

They aren't 'protestors' Vic, they are criminals and just like every other person who can't make bail or is judged unworthy of bail, they remain in jail until trial. 

BTFW, being held until trial does NOT meet the definition of 'indefinitely'. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.12  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.6    3 years ago

No. 

Now please explain the relevance of your question. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @3.1.11    3 years ago
They aren't 'protestors' Vic, they are criminals

That's what senile Biden said. What have they been convicted of?

Please answer the question.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.1.14  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.13    3 years ago
What have they been convicted of?

Nothing, a conviction is a formal declaration that someone is guilty of a criminal offense, made by the verdict of a jury or the decision of a judge in a court of law.

I don't believe they've gotten that far yet. You'll have to wait for those results. Maybe you meant "charges".

Charges. Conspiracy; obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting; destruction of government property and aiding and abetting; entering a restricted building or grounds.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.15  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.13    3 years ago
That's what senile Biden said.

Your unfounded ideological opinion of Biden is noted. 

What have they been convicted of?

Last time I checked, obstructing an official proceeding and entering restricted grounds with a dangerous weapon

I did. Now, how about YOU answer the questions I asked in this seed. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.6    3 years ago

"Any charged with sedition or treason?"

Merrick Garland is looking into it . . . . . . 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    3 years ago

"How are they "White Supremacists?"

So you agree that they're domestic terrorists then?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.16    3 years ago
Merrick Garland is looking into it . . . . . . 

6 months and not a soul charged with treason.

A simple "no" would have been the truth.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.1.19  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.18    3 years ago

March 10 to June 17 is how long?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @3.1.19    3 years ago

Well, according to my calendar, it is just a little over three months.

Plenty of time to file treason charges against someone, especially when it is a slam-dunk case according to our progressive liberal posters here.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.21  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.20    3 years ago
Plenty of time to file treason charges against someone, especially when it is a slam-dunk case according to our progressive liberal posters here.

Not one member here has stated that there is a 'slam-dunk case' for treason. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.21    3 years ago

Perhaps they didn't use those EXACT words.

BFD.

But if one peruses through posts here, one finds many comments about them being traitors and committing treason.

Which is really fucking strange since not a single person has been charged that way.

I guess those posters are all full of shit.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.23  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.22    3 years ago
Perhaps they didn't use those EXACT words.

BFD.

But if one peruses through posts here, one finds many comments about them being traitors and committing treason.

Despite you're change in terminology, NONE of the comments in this whole fucking seed even imply that a charge of treason would even be possible Tex. 

Which is really fucking strange since not a single person has been charged that way.

What's strange is that you keep claiming that 'many' members say they should be. 

I guess those posters are all full of shit.

I thought you were all about addressing the comment, NOT the poster Vic. I see that was a fallacy. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @3.1.23    3 years ago
Despite you're change in terminology, NONE of the comments in this whole fucking seed even imply that a charge of treason would even be possible Tex.

I really don't care what you pretend.

I thought you were all about addressing the comment, NOT the poster Vic. I see that was a fallacy. 

Might be a good idea and decide who the fuck you wish to respond to. I see that was impossible.

Oh, and BTFW, MY name isn't Vic.

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.26  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago
 …clueless it is…

May I ask who suggested you write that?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.28  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

I knew it had to be something imaginative.

Thanks for confirming.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.29  Raven Wing  replied to  Dulay @3.1.23    3 years ago
I see that was a fallacy.

Isn't it always.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

No answer to that question.

We'll wait

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    3 years ago

That almost sounds like almost "taunting" ...

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    3 years ago
No answer to that question.

We'll wait

Why are you carrying Putin's water Vic?

Keir Simmons has NO political power in this country. He's a journalist. 

Putin on the other hand has total and complete power over the every aspect of the Russian government and therefor the power to order the murder of his rivals. Putin has ordered the poisoning of more than one person who opposes his regime. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.2    3 years ago
Why are you carrying Putin's water Vic?

Why are you always carrying the radical left's water - and it's filthy water btw?

Putin has ordered the poisoning of more than one person who opposes his regime. 

Despite that fact he made a valid point. He may hold political prisoners, BUT SO DO WE!  Progressives are in power and they are emulating a totalitarian state.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.1    3 years ago
Why are you always carrying the radical left's water - and it's filthy water btw?

How is asking you a cogent question carrying ANYONE'S water Vic? 

Despite that fact he made a valid point.

Putin made a false equivalency. PERIOD. 

He may hold political prisoners, BUT SO DO WE!  

That's a deflection Vic. 

First of all, the discussion isn't about HOLDING political prisoners. It IS about 'assassination'. It's the topic of your seed Vic. 

Secondly, you made the bullshit claim about US political prisoners YESTERDAY and when called out on it you failed to support in any way. In fact, you intentionally ignored it. So if you insist on continuing to make claims about US political prisoners, cite PROOF! 

Thirdly, the word 'hold' is PRESENT tense infinitive, so PLEASE don't cite anyone that the US isn't holding NOW. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @4.2.2    3 years ago
Thirdly, the word 'hold' is PRESENT tense infinitive, so PLEASE don't cite anyone that the US isn't holding NOW. 

Over 500 right now in jail for a supposed "insurrection" on 1-6-21 without bail. No bail. Get it? If they aren't being held for political reasons, why are they?

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.4  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.3    3 years ago

How many of the 500 arrested were ANTIFA?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.3    3 years ago

"Over 500 right now in jail for a supposed "insurrection" on 1-6-21 without bail. No bail. Get it? If they aren't being held for political reasons, why are they?"

'political reasons?'  jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Because the majority of those morons provided all the evidence needed for their trials/convictions via video/selfie/facebook/bragging to their friends/and they shouldn't be released until trial because they're dangerous/deadly.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.5    3 years ago
Over 500 right now in jail for a supposed "insurrection"

Again - show us those charged with "insurrection?'

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2.7  Raven Wing  replied to  Tessylo @4.2.5    3 years ago
because they're dangerous/deadly.  

And some of them are also a flight risk.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

One, yes Putin absolutely had that dude killed. Two, they participated in an insurrection with the intended goal to prevent the peaceful transition of power, fuck them.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5    3 years ago
One, yes Putin absolutely had that dude killed.

Putin definitely tried to have Navalny killed. Thankfully he and his hit squad are losers because the attempt failed. Sadly however, as soon as Navalny recovered and tried to go back to Russia he was arrested by that tiny piece of shit Putin and Navalny's "Anti-Corruption Foundation" was deemed an extremists group and was liquidated and had all of its assets seized by the little dicked dictator who knows intimidation, assassination and threats are the only way he stays in power.

Navalny was sentenced to 3 years in a "corrective labour camp" but this April was moved to a prison hospital. He told his attorneys that he has been tortured while in Putin's custody, both beatings and sleep deprivation where Putin's little piece of shit minions wake him up at least 8 or 9 times a night making sure he can't get any restive sleep. And despite all that we still have whiny little pieces of conservative filth on our shores defending Putin and repeating his vile rhetoric and divisive anti-American and anti-Democracy lies.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    3 years ago
economically, Russia needs the west much more than they need Russia…it is no longer a Cold War… it is purely an economic dynamic. 

And Russia has a GDP smaller than California. We don't need that dickless dictator. Until Russia actually returns to being a democracy we should sanction them into the ground. We should also make it open season for hackers to do as much damage as they want to Russian government infrastructure and oligarch controlled companies which we all know are just government run shadow corporations.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5    3 years ago
fuck them.

Then fuck the SOB rioters too.  That is the problem. It's all one sided. We would never stand for one of these left wing thugs being shot, but we accepted the killing of that woman. Biden's government has concealed the identity of the cop that killed her. I don't think it is simply to protect him from anybody. I think it is because he may have a history of reckless behavior.

Wasn't there a capitol police officer who left his gun in a rest room?  I wonder.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    3 years ago

A person no more than 5 or 6 ft away from the woman yelled out "he's got a gun" 5 or 6 seconds before she tried to climb through the broken window. 

That is because the guard was showing the mob that he had a gun and was pointing it at the door. 

That guard did not know that the mob believed it was "non-violent".  They had just bashed in a locked door leading directly to the House chambers. 

The idea that Ashley Babbitt was an innocent is bizarre. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.1    3 years ago

How do you square this sympathy for the capitol  officer with your repeated claims that  the physically imposing Michael Brown was not a threat to Officer Wilson after he already  attacked Wilson and tried to take his  gun from him, and had turned back to come after him again?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.2.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.1    3 years ago

She was an idiot and got what she was asking for.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.2.4  Ronin2  replied to  Thrawn 31 @5.2.3    3 years ago

She was an idiot; and if she were black or a leftist the riots would be still roiling across the US by BLM, Antifa, and their offshoots. The Democrats and media would be calling for the officer's head on a platter.

As for getting what she "asked for"; how many of those so called "mostly peaceful protesters" on the left have asked for so much more; but are still alive to tell the tale?

Throw in a DOJ that is releasing them left and right w/o charges; while holding those on the right w/o bail- and we have a two tier justice system. The same as any third world shithole.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.1    3 years ago

All your excuses can't deflect from the fact that an unarmed woman was killed by a capitol police officer, who's identity has been concealed. The only reason the killing of this woman has been glossed over is because of ideology and deep down everyone knows it. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.6  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    3 years ago
That is the problem. It's all one sided. We would never stand for one of these left wing thugs being shot, but we accepted the killing of that woman.

First of all, rioters WERE shot by LEOs last summer so we already HAVE stood for it. 

Secondly, comparing rioters on the street to insurrectionists INSIDE the Capitol of the United States is ANOTHER false equivalency. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.7  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.5    3 years ago

"Glossed over'? 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.2.6    3 years ago
First of all, rioters WERE shot by LEOs last summer

Of course you have a source for that...................I'll wait.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.2.7    3 years ago

Damned right glossed over. Who was the guy who shot her and why is his name being withheld?

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.11  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.2    3 years ago

Michael Brown was 152.9 FEET away from Wilson. 

Even in the BEST case scenario, Wilson can only claim to be defending himself. 

The Capitol Police officer was defending every elected official in the Capitol and the Capitol itself. 

ANOTHER false equivalency. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.2.12  Hallux  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.10    3 years ago
Who was the guy who shot her and why is his name being withheld?

Best guess ... to protect his family ... any other guess is a trapdoor.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.2    3 years ago
"How do you square this sympathy for the capitol  officer with your repeated claims that  the physically imposing Michael Brown was not a threat to Officer Wilson after he already  attacked Wilson and tried to take his  gun from him, and had turned back to come after him again?"

What the fuck does Michael Brown's murder by Wilson have to do with this?  NOTHING.  Your usual projection, deflection, and denial.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.14  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.10    3 years ago
Damned right glossed over.

There are thousands of references online about her killing. 

There are multiple videos online from multiple angles. 

There have been multiple seeds about it on NT alone. 

The DOJ investigated the event. 

The Capitol Police have taken testimony from the Capitol Police about the event. 

But ya Jim, it's been 'glossed over'. jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.15  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @5.2.11    3 years ago
chael Brown was 152.9 FEET away from Wilson. 

Lol. You can't even make an honest argument.  Try that first. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.16  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.9    3 years ago

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.17  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.15    3 years ago

Is 13 minutes fast enough?

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.18  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.15    3 years ago

Oh and BTFW, accusing someone of not being honest while being so utterly uninformed is BAD FORM Sean. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.19  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.2.16    3 years ago

That's nice. Now, how many were shot with an actual gun? Not pepper balls, not tear gas, but a real lead bullet

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.20  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.2.17    3 years ago

That's a cute little diagram. Now, show us where Mr. Brown was when shot. NOT where his body ended up. I would say probably in the area where he first lost a shoe/sandal.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.21  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @5.2.17    3 years ago

Do you think the SUV shot Brown? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.22  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.21    3 years ago
Do you think the SUV shot Brown? 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.23  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @5.2.18    3 years ago

onest while being so utterly uninformed is BAD FORM Sean

The irony..

Anyone the least bit familiar with the evidence in the case understands how wrong your claim is. It's preposterous. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.25  Tessylo  replied to    3 years ago

“…why is his name being withheld?”

"Probably to protect him and his family from some sort of retribution from misinformed and misguided vigilantes."

I'm sure that's exactly the reason.  There would be death threats against him and his family.  Just like Dr. Fauci or anyone who dares to tell the truth about ANYTHING.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.26  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.20    3 years ago

The 'cute little diagram' shows where the blood stains are Jim. 

I would say probably in the area where he first lost a shoe/sandal.

So your posit is that Brown didn't bleed until over 100' AFTER he was shot?

Actually, Wilson admits to pursuing Brown and from about 20' away, shooting him and then shooting him again after he was about 10' away and lunging [falling forward]. Those last shots were at a downward angle. 

Do you believe Wilson?  

Oh and BTFW, it is unconstitutional to use deadly force to apprehend non-dangerous fleeing suspects.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.27  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.22    3 years ago

No Sean, I KNOW that Wilson went after Brown. YOU said that Brown 'came after' Wilson. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.28  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.23    3 years ago

So you don't believe Wilson. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.29  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @5.2.27    3 years ago
I KNOW that Wilson went after Brown. YOU said that Brown 'came after' Wilson.

He did. Or do you think the Obama DOJ is lying to protect Officer Wilson? .

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.30  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.29    3 years ago
He did.

Yes, Wilson went after Brown. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.31  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @5.2.30    3 years ago

Always amusing to see non-lawyers repeatedly trying to rehash old cases in the hopes of overturning them!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.32  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @5.2.30    3 years ago

And then Brown came after Wilson as I originally said.  

No matter how many posts you pollute the thread with, I'm still correct. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.33  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @5.2.26    3 years ago
t is unconstitutional to use deadly force to apprehend non-dangerous fleeing suspects

Imagine thinking this could possibly apply to the Michael Brown case. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.34  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.31    3 years ago

It's even more amusing to see members repeatedly insisting they know the motives for the comments of other members while being repeatedly WAY off base. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.35  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.32    3 years ago
And then Brown came after Wilson as I originally said.  

There is NO evidence of that. The evidence shows that Brown turned toward Wilson and walked toward him. Unless your Magic 8 ball can get inside of Brown's head, NO ONE knows if he was 'coming after' Wilson. One CAN however that most people are smart enough NOT to 'come after' a police officer who has ALREADY shot at them and is still aiming a weapon at them. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.36  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.33    3 years ago
Imagine thinking this could possibly apply to the Michael Brown case. 

How was Brown dangerous to anyone after he fled from the police cruiser Sean? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.2.37  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @5.2.16    3 years ago

You still owe me an answer to 

"That's nice. Now, how many were shot with an actual gun? Not pepper balls, not tear gas, but a real lead bullet"

Or can't you?

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.2.38  Kavika   replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.9    3 years ago

David McAtee : McAtee, a 53-year-old Black man, was shot and killed on the morning of June 1 by police as the Kentucky National Guard dispersed a protest crowd. Police said they returned fire after being fired upon. McAtee was  known for his popular Louisville BBQ joint .

Jorge Gomez : Gomez, 25, was shot and killed by police on June 1 after a Las Vegas protest became unruly. The family is  looking for answers, transparency and justice  if the shooting was preventable.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.39  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.2.37    3 years ago

First of all Jim, I don't owe you jack shit. You should have learned that from our PM conversation months ago. 

Secondly, Kavika did a fine job answering your question. There are more but since you seem to be insisting NONE exist, ONE is enough. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.40  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @5.2.35    3 years ago
There is NO evidence of that.

Of course there is.  Why can't you ever provide honest information ?

evidence shows that Brown turned toward Wilson and walked toward him

Stop being dishonest. The first witness statement I looked at :

Witness 102, quote "Brown made some type of movement similar to pulling his pants up or a shoulder shrug, and
then “charged” at Wilson. It was only then that Wilson fired five or six shots at Brown. Brown
paused and appeared to flinch, and Wilson stopped firing. However, Brown charged at Wilson
again, and again Wilson fired about three or four rounds until Brown finally collapsed on the
ground. Witness 102 was in disbelief that Wilson seemingly kept missing because Brown kept
advancing forward. Witness 102 described Brown as a “threat,” moving at a “full charge.”
Witness 102 stated that Wilson only fired shots when Brown was coming toward Wilson. It
appeared to Witness 102 that Wilson’s life was in jeopardy. "

It's sad I have to waste time to correct your blatant mischaracterizations of fact.  

. that most people are smart enough NOT to 'come after' a police officer who has ALREADY shot at them and is still aiming a weapon at them

Most people are smart enough not to attack a cop and try and take his gun from them, aren't they?  Why in world would you think you can claim Brown wasn't attacking Wilson because most people wouldn't.... What  an insane standard. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.41  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @5.2.36    3 years ago
s Brown dangerous to anyone after he fled from the police cruiser Sean? 

Do you understand the what the word fled means? You keep misusing it. When he was killed, he was coming back at the officer he had just attacked and ignoring orders to stop. He was not fleeing, stop falsely claiming he was. 

But I appreciate you proving my point. You refuse to admit a 6'4 300 pound man who'd just attacked a cop and was coming back for more is dangerous, but you claim a petite  girl who'd not attacked anyone constituted a life threatening danger to the cop who shot her. It's comedy. 

Just like I said earlier. You can't make up how  ridiculous leftists will make themselves look to justify this shooting while condemning the Brown shooting. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.42  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.41    3 years ago
He was not fleeing, stop falsely claiming he was. 

Witness 102 said he saw Wilson chase Brown until Brown abruptly turned around. Is there a word that more accurately describes what Brown was doing while being chased other than fleeing Sean?

Witness 103 states that 'Brown took off running'. 

Sure sounds like Brown was fleeing to me Sean. 

And y'all whine about ME parsing words. Sheesh.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.43  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @5.2.42    3 years ago
n until Brown abruptly turned around. Is there a word that more accurately describes what Brown was doing while being chased other than fleeing Sean?

Do you not understand relevance? Or how time works?  Why do you play dumb? The relevant issue is what he was doing at the time he was shot. Again, no matter how outrageously you abuse the English language and ignore the evidence in front of your face, he was not fleeing when he was shot. 

w Wilson chase Brown until Brown abruptly turned around.

Why do you stoop to this? DO you think you are fooling anyone by ignoring the actual relevant testimony about what happened right before he was shot. I'll  quote it again  "Brown made some type of movement similar to pulling his pants up or a shoulder shrug, and then “charged” at Wilson. It was only then that Wilson fired five or six shots at Brown."

itness 103 states that 'Brown took off running'.

Again, why bother playing dumb? You again dishonestly ignore the witnesses testimony about what happened right before fatal shots were fired. To whit,  Witness 103
turned to his right, and saw Brownmoving fast” toward Wilson. Witness 103 then drove away."

hine about ME parsing words. Sheesh.

Parse words all you want. Just learn to do it honestly. Leaving out the actual relevant passages like you did in order to mislead the reader isn't parsing words, it's lying. You keep making false statements and doubling down with even more dishonesty. Be better. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.44  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @5.2.27    3 years ago
No Sean, I KNOW that Wilson went after Brown. YOU said that Brown 'came after' Wilson.

Might wish to address your comments to whom they were meant.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.2.45  Raven Wing  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    3 years ago
Wasn't there a capitol police officer who left his gun in a rest room?  I wonder.

There were some of the Capitol Police that favored Trump, and some were plants put there by Trump support groups. AKA, Proud Boys, and others.  There were also lawmakers who helped the rioters enter the Capitol bldg. So yes, there were insiders who are also guilty, and they are not Democrats or Independents.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6  Dismayed Patriot    3 years ago

First, it's very sad that any Americans are fooled by a murderous authoritarians deflections and lies. Only worthless piece of shit fascists would take this liar seriously.

Second, the capital insurgents weren't there to simply voice their political opinions, they illegally stormed into the capital breaking windows and doors, beating down capital police officers, with the specific intent of stopping the constitutional duty of congress to certify an election. I can only imagine what Putin would have done to a crowd that busted into the Russian capital in an attempt to stop the certification of his own election, they wouldn't have had enough body bags for that bloodbath. We've seen how he treats peaceful protestors in the streets so there is no doubt how he would have reacted if something similar to the capital riot had occurred there.

All he is attempting to do with his forked tongue is sow division and get those Americans who were unhappy about the election to undermine western democracy even further. He is tickling the ears of the malcontents with his lies and vile rhetoric and sadly there are some who listen and love it, no doubt the same ones who believed Russia over our own intelligence, the ones who are so fucked in the head they believe the nonsense Qanon and other conservative conspiracy theorists are selling. If they love Putin, fascism and Russia so much perhaps they should pack their bags because America will resist them, the majority are not fooled by the snake in the tree dictator who has only one goal, the destruction of western democracy and American idealism.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6    3 years ago

Unreal eh?  Now they believe that #45 and his  mob - the failed insurrectionist coup - was orchestrated by the FBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The scumbag rep. Gosar is now saying the same shit as little Putin regarding that traitor Babbit.  

Gosar was actually behind a lot of the stuff behind the 1/6 insurrection (along with Boebert and Taylor-Greene - who were giving tours to the insurrectionists the day before) which is why he's projecting, deflecting, and denying.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6    3 years ago
Only worthless piece of shit fascists would take this liar seriously.

Only worthless pieces of shit would condone holding people for months without a trial.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    3 years ago

Your down to "What about?"   I'm not going to go off on that. 

Obviously, you can't defend the holding of American citizens, on misdemeanor charges, without bail for months.

That = political prisoners.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2.4  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2    3 years ago

Only worthless pieces of shit would condone holding people for months without a trial.

They were obviously guilty of several crimes, completing the investigation, especially with that many people involved can take a long time. Of course, they could have avoided being locked up for months on end by not taking part in criminal activity in the first place. Also, please, do not ask me what crimes they committed, you should know that by now. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    3 years ago

“The history of the right to a speedy trial and its reception in this country clearly establish that it is one of the most basic rights preserved by our Constitution.”

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @6.2.4    3 years ago
They were obviously guilty of several crimes

Only a court of law decides that.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2.7  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2.5    3 years ago

Define what a speedy trial is, Vic.

Under the 6th amendment, there are remedies for those that feel that their right to a speedy trial is being abridged. Have any of the defendants taken that course and been denied the remedy?

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.2.8  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2.2    3 years ago
Obviously, you can't defend the holding of American citizens, on misdemeanor charges, without bail for months.

Federal law REQUIRES it.  Title 18, United States Code, Section 3142(d)

That's a GIANT leap Vic. Prove it. 

It may however behoove you to recognize that being held pre-trial for CRIMINAL acts has NOTHING to do with politics, it has everything to do with Federal law. A law that Reagan signed BTFW. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.2.9  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2.5    3 years ago
The history of the right to a speedy trial and its reception in this country clearly establish that it is one of the most basic rights preserved by our Constitution.

Quoting copyrighted content requires a link citation Vic...

I will correct your omission: 

Here's another quote from that source:

“The right of a speedy trial is necessarily relative. It is consistent with delays and depends upon circumstances. It secures rights to a defendant. It does not preclude the rights of public justice.” 31   No length of time is  per se  too long to pass scrutiny under this guarantee , 32  but neither does the defendant have to show actual prejudice by delay. 33  The Court, rather, has adopted an ad hoc balancing approach."

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.2.10  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2.2    3 years ago
Your down to "What about?"

You whole basis of your fucking seed is 'whataboutism' Vic. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.2.11  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2.2    3 years ago

Would you be making the same argument if the ones being held without bail were left wing extremists that had tried to break into the white house, attacked secret service officers and vandalized the oval office taking pictures of themselves with their feet on the desk during Trumps term carrying zip ties and saying they wanted to hang Trump or his family members? Would you really be defending them saying they are "political prisoners"? Really?

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2.12  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @6.2.7    3 years ago

I guess that Vic is lost regarding the 6th amendment. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2.13  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2.5    3 years ago

“The history of the right to a speedy trial and its reception in this country clearly establish that it is one of the most basic rights preserved by our Constitution.”

I suppose my first question is, why are you defending people that stormed the capitol, pissed on the floors, wiped their own shit on the walls and threatened to kill several politicians with a gallows built out front? Can you say without reserve that you would make the same defense if they were AntiFa or BLM? Would you be defending them with the same zeal? 

My guess is that you wouldn't. Would *I* be defending them if they were AntiFa or BLM? No, I wouldn't. An attack on the US Capitol is an attack no matter what political party you belong to. Sadly, the right seems to be fine with the Jan. 6th attack as they don't even want an investigation. Seems odd to me, doesn't it seem odd to YOU?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.2.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @6.2.13    3 years ago
I suppose my first question is, why are you defending people that stormed the capitol,

Everyone is entitled to the right of due process.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.2.15  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2.14    3 years ago

Which of them is being denied due process Vic? 

BTFW, I don't expect you to answer that question since you've failed to answer almost every other question I asked in this seed and many others. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.2.16  Raven Wing  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.2.14    3 years ago

No one is being denied due process, Vic. Your trying to claim that they are being denied that is a lie.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6    3 years ago
First, it's very sad that any Americans are fooled by a murderous authoritarians deflections and lies.

Let us start with out own authoritarians. It is the progressive left that controls the US government which is taking away our rights, limits free speech & thought while attempting to indoctrinate our children. With a razor thin majority in congress they try to legislate a national election law that would favor one political party over the other and is unconstitutional. They have a bill ready to make DC a state, which is unconstitutional as well as making Puerto Rico a state, all in the belief that such moves would guarantee democrat control of the US Senate forever. They have talked about packing the Supreme Court in order to get the outcomes they want, making the Court nothing more than a rubber stamp for a progressive agenda. They would have already changed the rules of the US Senate, but for the fortitude of a few moderate democrats.

Their allies in the media, both the msm & social media, have censored speech, quashed certain news stories and set narratives. The university continues to teach students what to think and the department of education now seeks to do the same with young children. Every bureau of government has been politicized and Americans no longer trust government or the media.

Progressives in local government have emasculated local police departments, which has caused crime to skyrocket in America's big cities. Progressive governors and mayors enabled and gave support to radical left groups like antifa and BLM which rioted throughout the nation for over a year. Even when those elected officials are exposed for egregious acts or challenged by recalls, they simply ride it all out and remain in power.

We do have dangerous foreign enemies, but right now our most relentless enemy is the one we allowed to grow right here in our midst for the last 30 years.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3    3 years ago
"We do have dangerous foreign enemies, but right now our most relentless enemy is the one we allowed to grow right here in our midst for the last 30 years.

Ya, the gop!  Now the gqp.  They and their supporters are our most dangerous domestic enemies. 

Your entire rant is a rambling bunch of projection, deflection, and denial.  It appears today's gop/gqp only operate by double standards and outright hypocrisy.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.3.2  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3    3 years ago
Progressive governors and mayors enabled and gave support to radical left groups like antifa and BLM which rioted throughout the nation for over a year.

That it total bullshit Vic. Riots were limited in time and location. There have been NO riots this year, unless of course you add the label of riot to the insurgent attack on the Capitol. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.3.3  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3    3 years ago
Let us start with out own authoritarians.

Aren't you off topic?

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.3.4  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3    3 years ago
It is the progressive left that controls the US government which is taking away our rights

What rights have you lost since Jan. 20, 2021 Vic? Please be specific.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.3.5  Dulay  replied to  Hallux @6.3.3    3 years ago

They do tend to end up deflecting to another topic when they post seeds that you can't defend. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.3.6  Hallux  replied to  Dulay @6.3.5    3 years ago

I was skirting/flirting with another medal/ticket ... the comment is a pinprick/jab dipped in irony/sarcasm.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.3.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3    3 years ago
which is taking away our rights, limits free speech & thought while attempting to indoctrinate our children

Pure rhetorical bullshit.

they try to legislate a national election law that would favor one political party over the other and is unconstitutional.

The Republicans are the only party actively changing election laws in an effort to disenfranchise eligible voters falsely claiming it's to protect the election from voter fraud even though they are unable to show any actual widespread voter fraud occurring. The more Americans who vote the less likely it is that a Republican will win because the Republican party is not inclusive or diverse.

They have talked about packing the Supreme Court

Lots of people have talked about lots of different things. The fact is that it would be nearly impossible for them to do so because it would be far too politically damaging. Talk is cheap.

They would have already changed the rules of the US Senate, but for the fortitude of a few moderate democrats.

More talk. They haven't change the rules and most don't believe they will ever attempt such folly even though Republicans have refused to work with Democrats on just about anything because the Grim Reaper Mitch doesn't want them to ever get anything done that could be seen as a "win" for Democrats.

Their allies in the media, both the msm & social media, have censored speech, quashed certain news stories and set narratives.

Just because the main stream news isn't repeating all the bullshit you hear on RT and right wing nutso media doesn't mean they are censoring anyone. You obviously still get all the Qanon lies and right wing spin you want, it's just most of the right wing spin is so full of garbage and lies it doesn't pass the smell test for any respected journalist.

The university continues to teach students what to think and the department of education now seeks to do the same with young children.

Total horse shit. Just because they are teaching facts about US history, evolution and climate change doesn't mean they're indoctrinating our children. Trying to push the conspiracy theories, religious mumbo jumbo and conservative rhetoric into schools is the true threat to our kids.

Every bureau of government has been politicized and Americans no longer trust government or the media.

A weak minded minority of Americans don't trust our government or the media, they're the same dumb shits who believe in Qanon conspiracy theories, believe the earth is only 9,000 years old and believe the moon landing was faked. They are gullible half wits who home school their kids because they fear them learning facts and the truth and instead indoctrinate them in wild conservative conspiracy theories and have them stockpiling weapons for when the 'gubmint' tries to come and take all their guns away.

Progressives in local government have emasculated local police departments, which has caused crime to skyrocket in America's big cities.

I have never supported the calls to defund the police and its not happening everywhere progressives are in power, and the few areas that it has are reversing those decisions. I love our local police department and support our local Sherriff. They do a great job and we have very little crime my town. There are still bad apples in some places and those cops need to be rooted out of the police force, but defunding the police is not the way to go. I also support adding funding for different approaches like sending mental health professionals on emergency calls that involve the mentally ill or unstable instead of just escalating to police use of force to get someone who is mentally unstable to comply.

Progressive governors and mayors enabled and gave support to radical left groups like antifa and BLM which rioted throughout the nation for over a year.

The vast majority of protests were peaceful. There is no ANTIFA group or organization, there are simply self-labeled anti-fascist groups and any individuals that used violence or vandalism at any protest should be arrested and held accountable for their crimes.

We do have dangerous foreign enemies, but right now our most relentless enemy is the one we allowed to grow right here in our midst for the last 30 years.

Yes, it's true, "the FBI recently said that the top domestic violent extremist threat facing the United States is from "racially or ethnically motivated violent extremists, specifically those who advocate for the superiority of the white race."

"Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas told the committee that racially or ethnically motivated extremists are "most likely to conduct mass-casualty attacks against civilians," while people tied to right-wing militia groups are the most likely to target police and government employees and buildings."

The biggest threat we face is the one allowed to grow right here in our midst and it is right wing extremism. Your weak attempts to downplay and defend the right wing extremists who attacked our capital on January 6th show how little you apparently care about the actual threat to America and our ideals and you seem determined to demonize and vilify peaceful progressives and liberals because you disagree with the majority of Americans. You seem to prefer conspiracy theories over truth which is quite sad. The MSM is "main stream" because the majority recognize it as truth, the conservative right wing media you obviously gobble up isn't main stream because it's chock full of lies and half truths all spun to get their gullible listeners to hate their liberals and progressive neighbors.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.3.8  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3    3 years ago

Yes, we do they are called the right wing radicals.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.9  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.3.7    3 years ago

Who exactly has been disenfranchised or not allowed to vote?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3.10  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.3.7    3 years ago

Thank you for the truth and the facts, as always DP.  A breath of fresh air here!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3.11  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.9    3 years ago

Black folks who in the majority vote for Democrats.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.12  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.3.11    3 years ago
Black folks who in the majority vote for Democrats.  

An easy claim to make without a single fact, but damn sure hard to prove!

Show some proof.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3.13  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.12    3 years ago

It's true.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.3.14  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.3    3 years ago

I'm still waiting for that list of rights you lost Vic? 

How about just ONE for a start? 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.3.15  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.9    3 years ago
Who exactly has been disenfranchised or not allowed to vote?

"(Republican) legislators had requested data on voting patterns by race and, with that data in hand, drafted a law that would "target African-Americans with almost surgical precision," the court said."

They "made cuts to early voting , created a photo ID requirement and eliminated same-day registration , out-of-precinct voting and preregistration of high school students .

"More than half of all voters there use early voting, and African-Americans do so at higher rates than whites . African-Americans also tend to overwhelmingly vote for Democrats."

Republicans took data on voting patterns by race showing how and when black Americans tend to vote and wrote laws that would specifically target them. That is intentional disenfranchisement by race. The Republican voting laws have ZERO to do with stopping the virtually non-existent alleged widespread voter fraud and everything to do with trying to make it as hard as possible for the young, the poor, the disabled and minorities to vote because they know those groups tend to vote Democrat. Democrats enjoy a 27-percentage-point advantage among Millennial voters, a 10-percentage point advantage among disabled voters, and a 25-percentage point advantage among the least financially secure.

Republicans know this and actively try to discourage those groups from voting. They know that when all eligible American voters actually vote, Republicans lose. Their best chance at winning elections is to discourage eligible voters from voting by reducing drop boxes, limiting early voting, limiting mail in voting, closing election locations in poverty stricken areas early, reducing the number of election location in areas of poverty to ensure long lines. These are all Republican tactics to disenfranchise eligible voters from having a voice and a vote.

" States across the American South have closed nearly 1,200 polling places since the Supreme Court weakened a landmark voting-discrimination law in 2013"

" new voting laws in some Republican-led states could reduce the number of ballot boxes"

" Just eight boxes will be spread across Fulton County’s nearly 529 square miles – or about one for every 100,000 registered voters. That’s down from the 38 drop boxes that were available to voters last fall. It’s the result of a broad new law pushed by Georgia Republicans in response to former President Donald Trump’s false claims of a stolen election."

" In 43 states across the country, Republican lawmakers have proposed at least 250 laws that would limit mail, early in-person and Election Day voting with such constraints as stricter ID requirements, limited hours or narrower eligibility to vote absentee, according to data compiled as of Feb. 19 by the nonpartisan Brennan Center for Justice."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.16  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.3.15    3 years ago

So you can't show me anyone who was denied their right to vote.

Thanks!

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.3.17  Dulay  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.3.15    3 years ago

Some are too obtuse to understand that all of those endeavors are specifically pursued in order to minimize the voting rights of specific voters. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.3.18  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.16    3 years ago
So you can't show me anyone who was denied their right to vote.

If Democrats closed over 1200 polling locations in majority white middle and upper class largely Republican districts and counties forcing them to wait in lines for 8 to 10 hours to cast their vote Republicans would be screaming to high heaven. But they aren't being denied their right to vote either, right? Democrats would just be closing locations that used to make it easy for white Republicans to vote but they wouldn't be "denying" any of them their right, they can take a day or two off work to stand in line, right? No big deal, no denial of their right to vote, the polling place is right there, so what if it's just one location serving hundreds of thousands of white Republican voters, right? No big deal, it's just to prevent voter fraud as we saw several Republican Trump supporters trying to vote more than once or casting a ballot for Trump in their dead mothers name.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.19  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.3.18    3 years ago

Still no one was denied their right to vote, despite the left's histrionics.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.20  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @6.3.17    3 years ago
Some are too obtuse to understand that all of those endeavors are specifically pursued in order to minimize the voting rights of specific voters. 

And some progressive liberals play Chicken Little far too much.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.3.21  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @6.3.20    3 years ago

And some right wing conservatives are obtuse far too often. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.3.22  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @6.3.21    3 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif