╌>

Runt Wren Chick

Category:  Other

By:  dig  •  3 years ago  •  14 comments

Runt Wren Chick

Here's a video I made this weekend.

A runt wren chick is left alone in the nest after its siblings fly away, but mama doesn't forget about it.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dig
Professor Participates
1  author  Dig    3 years ago

A fun but somewhat sad story.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

shona1
PhD Quiet
1.1  shona1  replied to  Dig @1    3 years ago

A/noon Dig..

Excellent video thank you..To be honest I would not be to concerned about baby Wren...

They are similar to Blackbirds..The fledglings all hop out of the nest and none of them can fly and they run along the ground.Their tail feathers have not developed enough for them to do that yet. So long as the parents know where they are, they will continue to feed them and in a matter of days they are on the wing. Blackbirds also look for a tree shrub etc to climb up into and rest. They do move around alot to avoid predators etc..and looks like baby Wren was doing the same.

If there are no cats around, then there is every chance baby Wren has survived very well and is now flying around...

Dig
Professor Participates
1.1.1  author  Dig  replied to  shona1 @1.1    3 years ago
there is every chance baby Wren has survived very well and is now flying around...

I sure hope so. It looked a lot weaker than other fresh-out-of-the-nest wren fledglings I've seen before. It's been a few days, so hopefully it's more able-bodied by now.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dig @1    3 years ago

Don't thank ME for watching that life story, it was my learning experience, pleasure and enjoyment , so thank YOU.

Dig
Professor Participates
1.2.1  author  Dig  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2    3 years ago

Nope. Thank YOU. :)

It may not look it, but a lot of time and effort goes into making videos like that, and I am extremely grateful to anyone who pauses for a moment to watch them. It makes the trouble worthwhile.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Dig @1    3 years ago

Excellent video, Dig! Very interesting, as well as enjoyable. To see how the Mother stayed with the little one and kept feeding it while it gained the courage and strength to leave the nest, and eventually fly off on its own while Mother watched over it to make sure it was doing OK. Hopefully, it will have a happy life.

Dig
Professor Participates
1.3.1  author  Dig  replied to  Raven Wing @1.3    3 years ago

Thanks so much, RW.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2  Perrie Halpern R.A.    3 years ago

You did a great job of documenting something that most of us never see.

That mama really cared about her baby. It is not the ending I was hoping for, but that is real life, sadly.

Dig
Professor Participates
2.1  author  Dig  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2    3 years ago

Thanks, Perrie.

I know what you mean. I was hoping it would be stronger when it finally left the nest.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4  Gsquared    3 years ago

Great video, Dig.  Truly amazing.

Dig
Professor Participates
4.1  author  Dig  replied to  Gsquared @4    3 years ago

Thanks for checking it out. Glad you liked it.