You Dont Have To Get Vaccinated - Just Stay Home For The Rest Of Your Life

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  3 weeks ago  •  91 comments

You Dont Have To Get Vaccinated - Just Stay Home For The Rest Of Your Life

State-by-State: Vaccinations Required for Public School Kindergarten

Each state and DC has its own vaccine requirements to attend public school. Below, find which vaccines are mandated for public school kindergarten entry as of Aug. 16, 2021. At the bottom of the page, find a link for each state’s requirements.

Though each state and DC has vaccine requirements, every state and DC also allows for   vaccine exemptions .

Note that this resource is for educational purposes only and may not reflect the most recent changes in any state requirements. Always check with your state’s Department of Health, Department of Education, or local school for current vaccination requirements.

kindergarten.png

(click vaccine names below for more info on manufacturers, brand names, and ingredients)

DTaP: Diphtheria, Tetanus, & Pertussis

All 50 states and DC require the DTap vaccine (or another vaccine combination for diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis) for kindergarten entry.

IPV: Polio

All 50 states and DC require the IPV vaccine for kindergarten entry.

Varicella: Chickenpox

All 50 states and DC require the varicella vaccine for kindergarten entry, though some will accept proof of immunity instead of vaccination. Some states list the MMRV (measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella) vaccine as appropriate.

MMR: Measles, Mumps, & Rubella

49 states and DC require the MMR vaccine for kindergarten entry. Some states list the MMRV (measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella) vaccine as appropriate.

Iowa, the only state to not require the MMR vaccine, requires a measles and a rubella vaccine, but not a mumps vaccine.

HepB: Hepatitis B

44 states and DC require the Hep B vaccine for kindergarten entry. Alabama, Maine, Montana, Rhode Island, South Dakota, and Vermont do not require the HepB vaccine for kindergarten entry.

HepA: Hepatitis A

17 states require the Hep A vaccine for kindergarten entry: Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Virginia.

Hib:   Haemophilus Influenza Type b

Some states require this vaccine if the child is entering kindergarten before turning 5 years old. We have included only vaccine requirements for all kindergartners. Please consult your state requirements if the child will be 4 years old when entering kindergarten.

PCV: Pneumococcal

Some states require this vaccine if the child is entering kindergarten before turning 5 years old. We have included only vaccine requirements for all kindergartners. Please consult your state requirements if the child will be 4 years old when entering kindergarten.

===========================================================================

===========================================================================

The "goverment " mandates vaccinations for children entering public school. 

The alternative is home schooling, I presume. 

=============================================================================

No one can force you to take the covid vaccine. 

Companies, restaurants , concerts, government agencies, etc can tell you that if you are not vaccinated you cant partake in their employment, activities or services. 

There is no legal issue here. 

======================

Obviously anti-vaccine activism has gone far beyond any semblance of reasonableness. It is a PUBLIC health issue and the government CAN MANDATE public health observances and practices. This is not even legitimately controversial. 

But you dont have to get vaccinated if it upsets you so much. Just lock yourself in your house. 

=======================

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago

Anti-vax passed ridiculous a couple months ago. 

Veronica
Junior Guide
1.1  Veronica  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 weeks ago

That it has.  

Gordy327
Professor Principal
1.2  Gordy327  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 weeks ago

Anti Vax as a principle, to say nothing of as a practice, is beyond ridiculous to begin with.

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
1.3  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 weeks ago
Anti-vax passed ridiculous a couple months ago.

It's been going for decades.  How long have these crazy women been telling everybody vaccines cause Autism?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 weeks ago

These shitheads are just dumbfounded when confronted with the truth or the ignorance of their statements - notice?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.5  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 weeks ago

108642912_1825163027625462_2486611852720652281_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=or8czFh3SJsAX8uFDma&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=1329b487c01fc4c49e6f5f882e8b2b6d&oe=614D96A9

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Expert
2  Just Jim NC TttH    3 weeks ago
Companies, restaurants , concerts, government agencies, etccantell you that if you are not vaccinated you cant partake in their employment, activities or services.

Wonder if that applies to making wedding cakes? Isn't what you claim discrimination?

SteevieGee
Senior Silent
2.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    3 weeks ago

It does apply making wedding cakes.  If you want a job baking wedding cakes and you aren't vaccinated the bakery can, and should, tell you to get a job elsewhere.

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Expert
2.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1    3 weeks ago

Did you miss the point on purpose to be funny? Or did you really miss the point?

SteevieGee
Senior Silent
2.1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.1    3 weeks ago

There's nothing funny about actively working toward extending a pandemic.  You run out of child cancer jokes?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.1    3 weeks ago

Is it more important to you that people have the "freedom" to refuse the vaccine than it is that the country be able to put the pandemic in the past?

Refusal to be vaccinated on the part of tens of millions of people could cause variants to emerge for many years to come. 

No one loses "freedom" by being vaccinated, what being vaccinated does is help to bring the end of the pandemic closer. 

How dare people say "no" to that ? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Expert
2.1.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1.2    3 weeks ago

Didn't say it was funny. My question was that of discrimination. Does a baker have to bake a cake for a gay wedding?

And trust me, I want this thing over with too. I got real close to having to be intubated with it but pulled through without it.27 days of hospital care as I got the virus a week and a half prior to my scheduled first shot. I have since gotten both Moderna shots and will reup should the booster become available and necessary.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.4    3 weeks ago

There is no acceptable basis for people to refuse to be vaccinated. And most certainly not on the basis of "freedom". 

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Expert
2.1.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    3 weeks ago

I agree with you John. Believe me. But I can only influence who I can influence. I work with a couple anti vaccine people and after I shared the story that my doctor's medical group wrote (he asked me to share because it was so severe a case) both have since gotten the vaccine. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.7  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.6    3 weeks ago

You seem to be defending peoples "right" to not take it.  If they dont want to take it , they should stay home 24/7. 

The government can mandate vaccines. That is a fact. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Expert
2.1.8  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    3 weeks ago

And they will call you a sheep for doing so. They just don't care and the only way will be a mandate or maybe more FDA approval. I fear it is going to take a mandate for many.

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Expert
2.1.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.7    3 weeks ago
If they dont want to take it , they should stay home 24/7. 

And the problem with that is they can throw that right back in your face and say the same about you. If you don't want to catch it, stay home 24/7. But I think we both know that isn't feasible. I am doing what I can to get those I know to vaccinate but I don't have the power to make them outside of my own home. That's above my pay grade and as said, it's going to have to come down to a mandate.

r.t..b...
Masters Participates
2.1.10  r.t..b...  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.9    3 weeks ago

“…it's going to have to come down to a mandate.”

Begging the 640,000 fatalities question…will it make any difference?

I’m afraid the hesitant will remain so and afeared the ‘personal liberty’ trolls will become further entrenched, mind numbing as both positions be.  

Snuffy
Junior Quiet
2.1.11  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.7    3 weeks ago
The government can mandate vaccines. That is a fact. 

State governments can,  not the federal government.  If the federal government could, then I believe President Biden would have done so immediately after the FDA gave the full approval to the Pfizer vaccine rather than what he did by urging companies to mandate the vaccines for their employees.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.12  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.9    3 weeks ago

You are still defending their "right" to refuse the vaccine. 

People cannot be physically forced to take the vaccine, but those who dont should not be defended on the basis that it is their "right". 

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Expert
2.1.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  r.t..b... @2.1.10    3 weeks ago

Then they are just plain stupid. And we have all learned you can't fix stupid.

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Expert
2.1.14  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.12    3 weeks ago

But it IS their fucking right John FFS. And that is unfortunate and fucking crazy not only for them but for the rest of us. 

Do you approve "my body my choice"?

I'm sorry but as said, I as an individual can only do so much and cannot force them to do anything. And neither can you. All we can do it educate if possible and hope like hell it soaks in.

r.t..b...
Masters Participates
2.1.15  r.t..b...  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.13    3 weeks ago

“…you can't fix stupid.”

But you can address it.  

When the private sector, perhaps with governmental incentives, gets on board and requires vaccination as a condition of employment (think of it as a mandatory drug test), and unemployment benefits are denied as being terminated for cause, people will eventually acquiesce, regardless of the lawsuits that are sure to follow. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.16  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.14    3 weeks ago

So one of these people will have to have their 6 year old vaccinated for childhood diseases, but they do not have to have themselves vaccinated for covid ? 

They dont have a right to keep their child unvaccinated and still send them to school.  Neither do they have the right to stay unvaccinated against covid and still expect to go into restaurants, events or other functions. 

I think the country has gone on long enough trying to beg people to get vaccinated. Now there should be ramifications. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Expert
2.1.17  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.16    3 weeks ago
They dont have a right to keep their child unvaccinated and still send them to school.  Neither do they have the right to stay unvaccinated against covid and still expect to go into restaurants, events or other functions.

I don't disagree for the last goddamned time for fuck's sake. I 'm just saying YOU don't make the damned rules and all we can do is hope over hope that something, be it an actual coherent thought process or a mandate, gets these morons on board. 

We're done.

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Expert
2.1.18  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  r.t..b... @2.1.15    3 weeks ago

Agree

igknorantzrulz
Masters Participates
2.1.19  igknorantzrulz  replied to  r.t..b... @2.1.10    3 weeks ago
mind numbing a

or, don't mind dumbing a    whole lotta of US, cause what's all the fuss, about a measly 640,000...?

igknorantzrulz
Masters Participates
2.1.20  igknorantzrulz  replied to  r.t..b... @2.1.15    3 weeks ago
you can address it.  

they are, via culling one stupid herd mentality with a mental fatality unheard , as absurd has become the heard round the whirled, that American spin bout how "we" are better than ewe, AGAIN !

Lucifer Morningstar
Professor Guide
2.1.21  Lucifer Morningstar  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    3 weeks ago

You bought the Big Lie!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.22  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Lucifer Morningstar @2.1.21    3 weeks ago

I dont follow insane conspiracy theories, sorry. 

Ronin2
Masters Quiet
2.1.23  Ronin2  replied to  r.t..b... @2.1.15    3 weeks ago

And the first person that physically cannot take the vaccine due to health reasons will sue for millions and win. That is if they live long enough to collect.

I am sure the optics will be wonderful on that one.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.24  Trout Giggles  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.17    3 weeks ago

Maybe it's time to appeal to reason (I know I hear my lliberal friends laughing), but if we could convince them the importance of getting vaxxed.

There was a woman on NV who was into holistic medicine and very anti-vaxx. Let's just say she was nuts. I once told her that she'd better hope none of her non-vaxxed kids ever passed measles, mumps, or chickenpox onto another kid that was immunocompromised, because that kid can't even get the MMRV vaxx. The sick kid will probably end up in a hospital and possibly having even more severe health problems or dead. People can be sued for knowingly exposing their unvaxxed demons to kids who can't get vaxxed.

She ignored me like the loon she was

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.25  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.24    3 weeks ago
Maybe it's time to appeal to reason (I know I hear my lliberal friends laughing),

I dont know if its funny, but there are people (seemingly a lot)  who are impervious to reason. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.26  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.25    3 weeks ago

Reason = Money

Gordy327
Professor Principal
2.1.27  Gordy327  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.13    3 weeks ago

People who refuse to be vaccinated, especially for no good reason, are being plain stupid. I've been saying that for some time now.

SteevieGee
Senior Silent
2.1.28  SteevieGee  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.4    3 weeks ago
Didn't say it was funny. My question was that of discrimination. Does a baker have to bake a cake for a gay wedding?

Why try to derail the thread?  Gay wedding cakes have been decided by the court already and isn't even an issue for me.  You planning a gay wedding?  People getting vaccinated is very important to me.  I don't want to have to skip Xmas again this year.  IT IS NOT OK TO NOT GET VACCINATED.

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
2.1.29  Jack_TX  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.8    3 weeks ago
I fear it is going to take a mandate for many.

I don't think that moves the needle.  

The hard-core anti-vax group are not exactly the most compliant bunch of people.  They are fully prepared to tell you where you can insert your mandate.

Krishna
Professor Principal
2.1.30  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    3 weeks ago

How dare people say "no" to that ? 

Sheer stupidity-- that's how!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.31  Tessylo  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1.27    3 weeks ago

I think they're ignorant shitheads - the especially ignorant shitheads are those against masking their kids.  

Gordy327
Professor Principal
2.1.32  Gordy327  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.31    3 weeks ago

That's putting it mildly.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
2.1.33  Duck Hawk  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.1    3 weeks ago

You're comparing apples and oranges again...

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
2.1.34  Duck Hawk  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.14    3 weeks ago

An abortion doesn't risk the lives of everyone around it. There you go again comparing apples and oranges. Can you not tell the difference between these two items?

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Expert
2.1.35  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Duck Hawk @2.1.34    3 weeks ago

Didn't say anything about abortion. I asked about "my body, my choice". That covers a rather large variety of subjects not just abortion.

Krishna
Professor Principal
2.2  Krishna  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2    3 weeks ago
Wonder if that applies to making wedding cakes?

Excellent point!

And let's face it-- a Wedding Cake can kill you just as fast as a Corona Virus! 

Just Jim NC TttH
Senior Expert
2.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Krishna @2.2    3 weeks ago

The point that you obviously missed was discrimination. In fact many of your like minded friends here missed it. And it is NO surprise.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @2.2    3 weeks ago

Nothing was missed.  It's deflection.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  author  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago

Schoolchildren are mandated to be vaccinated against various diseases or they are not allowed to go to school. 

On what possible logical basis do people say they cannot be mandated to get the covid vaccine? 

Tacos!
Professor Expert
3.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 weeks ago
On what possible logical basis do people say they cannot be mandated to get the covid vaccine?

There’s nothing logical about it. People have been talking (brainwashing) themselves into this vaccine hysteria for months, and too many of them are entrenched in it now. Unfortunately, no FDA approval is going to pull them back to reality.

I’ve never been to the infowars site before, but when that Alex Jones story came out yesterday about him criticizing Trump for promoting the vaccine, I went to see what Jones has been saying about the vaccine. Turns out his site has been publishing at least one ridiculous anti-vax story basically every day since January. 

So his audience, and all the other sites that pick up and spread his garbage around, are convinced that the vaccine is killing people in huge numbers. Thus, they see it as a real choice between death by Covid or death by vaccine. In reality, though, the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines have killed exactly zero people. Three people have died after getting blood clots from the J&J vaccine. But it’s like trying to forget a nightmare that you have every night. These people will never get the fake horror stories out of their minds.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @3.1    3 weeks ago

To some ignorance may be bliss - but it's deadly to everyone else.  

igknorantzrulz
Masters Participates
3.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.1    3 weeks ago

i N joy being blissfully ignorant...

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
3.2  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 weeks ago
Schoolchildren are mandated to be vaccinated against various diseases or they are not allowed to go to school.  On what possible logical basis do people say they cannot be mandated to get the covid vaccine? 

Because school children don't actually have to go to school.  They can homeschool.  They can do school online.  They are allowed to exist in this country without being vaccinated.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
3.2.1  Duck Hawk  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2    3 weeks ago

If a school is doing in-person learning, then they will not offer online classes. They can be home schooled, but again that requires 1 person be available to educate their child and therefore not in the workplace. You can't have your "economy" and your mask less schools at he same time.

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
3.2.2  Jack_TX  replied to  Duck Hawk @3.2.1    3 weeks ago
If a school is doing in-person learning, then they will not offer online classes.

My daughter teaches in a large public high school, where she has become the example for how to do "co-seated" classes well.  She has teachers and administrators from all over Texas and Oklahoma in her classroom regularly, watching how she does it so they can develop best practices for their own schools.

So lots of schools are doing both

We also have online only schools or partial remote learning arrangements, which existed for many years prior to Covid.

You can't have your "economy" and your mask less schools at he same time.

The 2020-21 school year would seem to demonstrate that we can.

Dulay
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2.2    3 weeks ago

Why are adminstrators and teachers 'in her classroom' from all over TX and OK when the classes are live, online? 

BTW, the full time Texas Virtual School Network Online Schools (TXVSN OLS) program is restricted exclusively to students who are members of Military families. Hardly all encompassing. According to their data, in over a decade, the highest enrollment for a semester was 3,779, this semester it's 523. Hardly an emcompassing program. 

BTW, the TXVSN OLS seems to refute the RW decrying that online learning is inherently detrimental. Either that or TX is intentionally harming the children of military families. Gov. Abbott failed to extend funding for online learning for this school year which is forcing the legislature to try and take action to fix the problem. 

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
3.2.4  Jack_TX  replied to  Dulay @3.2.3    3 weeks ago
Why are adminstrators and teachers 'in her classroom' from all over TX and OK when the classes are live, online? 

Because they're co-seated.  Meaning they have kids in the room AND online.  They're watching how she manages both, simultaneously.

BTW, the full time Texas Virtual School Network Online Schools (TXVSN OLS) program is restricted exclusively to students who are members of Military families.

That's not the only option.  Many school districts have their own online schools.  Texas Tech has been offering online courses for years.  Both my kids took electives that way, as far back as 2010.

BTW, the TXVSN OLS seems to refute the RW decrying that online learning is inherently detrimental.

Excellent.  Then we're all in agreement.

Dulay
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Dulay  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2.4    3 weeks ago
Because they're co-seated. 

Which doesn't explain why they would be IN her classroom Jack. 

Many school districts have their own online schools. 

Oh so when you said 'we', you meant select school districts. 

Ya right...

Excellent.  Then we're all in agreement.

Nope. Your Governor doesn't agree and has acted to deny online learning for students in Texas. 

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
3.2.6  Jack_TX  replied to  Dulay @3.2.5    3 weeks ago
Which doesn't explain why they would be IN her classroom Jack. 

[Deleted]

r.t..b...
Masters Participates
3.2.7  r.t..b...  replied to  Dulay @3.2.5    3 weeks ago

‘…has acted to deny…’

In a nut shell, the reactionary platform of today’s GOP.

Forgo science, falsify fact, forget society, and vilify anyone who dare call them out. The fear is palpable, but the opposite of fear is sound judgement.

Here’s to the inevitable preponderance of sound judgement, silent as it may be, overcoming the shrill, the self-serving, and the ever fearful.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  author  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago

Fauci said yesterday that if we do not get many more people vaccinated the pandemic would last indefinitely as variants arise. 

He says that if we do get many more vaccinated people we could be back to "normal" by next spring. 

Ronin2
Masters Quiet
4.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 weeks ago

If we don't close our southern border those variants will continue to stream into the US.

The Delta variant has already proven that the vaccines are not 100% effective. Wonder what the Lambda variant that has now been detected in California; and the other variants coming down the road; will do to shake the confidence of the fully vaccinated?

We were promised that getting fully vaccinated would be the silver bullet to prevent Covid 19; but breakthroughs on the Delta variant are rising- and a 3rd booster shot will be required. Probably a 4th, 5th, 6th, and so forth. It will become as normal as the flu shot; and about as effective when they get it wrong.

How about those that had a bad reaction to the vaccines on the first two shots? My mother was out for 2 days after the first shot of Pfizer vaccine; and was down nearly a week after the second shot. There is no way she is getting the booster shot; it might put her in the hospital. Which rather defeats the purpose of getting vaccinated.

I have been battling an infection for months. I have had several different types of strong antibiotics being thrown at it. My doctor instructed me not to get vaccinated until after the infection is gone. But it seems like the Gestapo left wants to punish me for something that is beyond my control. I wear a mask when I am at work (trust me nothing is more annoying than wearing an uncomfortable mask for 8 to 10 hours a day); enter a store; or even to pump gas. I limit my contact with others as much as possible; but do you know where I run into the most people? The Emergency Ward, my doctor's office; and the wound specialist. Seems that there are several people in the same situation as I am. But now some state governments and hospitals are requiring all of their patients to be fully vaccinated. Talk about back ass backwards. Can't get the treatments to cure you; to be able to get the vaccines that you need to get in to the medical care facilities to get treatment. Nice circle job they have going on there. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1    3 weeks ago

People should follow the recommendations of our best minds on medical matters. That is the only reasonable thing ordinary people can do. Unfortunately we live in a society where ignorance superstition and crankery have a strong toe hold. (Watch the Jordan Klepper video at the top).

There have been people since modern medicine first began that have been told they will be alright and something else intervened. 

Years ago I saw a doctor tell my mother she was "out of the woods" and would be ok and when I went to see her in the ICU the next day they told me she nearly died overnight and the ICU staff had been in a panic. This was hours after her doctor told her she was "out of the woods".  Nothing in medicine is a lock solid promise. 

People should  follow what the nations medical officials tell us to do. It is the way forward out of this. 

Ronin2
Masters Quiet
4.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    3 weeks ago

My mother should just get the booster shot and take her chances right? But at least she will be technically fully vaccinated if she needs to be rushed to the hospital.

I should risk a reaction to the vaccine due to the antibiotics I am on. I wonder if they would allow me in an emergency ward since I only have 1 shot?

Thankfully I haven't had to face that situation yet. The wound specialist that requires full vaccination never even bothered to ask me; or to show proof. Either I am exceedingly lucky; or my doctor who works in a different facility- but is the part of the same network- gave them the heads up; so they looked the other way.

That is a problem with a 1 size fits all national strategy. Never takes into account there are exceptions to every rule.

You can't punish someone if they are physically unable to comply with what works for "ordinary people". 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.2    3 weeks ago
You can't punish someone if they are physically unable to comply with what works for "ordinary people".

I dont disagree with that but it is pretty clear that most of the anti vaxxers dont have any such excuse. 

Krishna
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Krishna  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1    3 weeks ago
How about those that had a bad reaction to the vaccines on the first two shots? My mother was out for 2 days after the first shot of Pfizer vaccine; and was down nearly a week after the second shot.

Good point!

And remember-- that's a lot worse than having to spend time on a ventilator-- not be allowed to have family and friends in to comfort you as you die.

Yes-- even death is a lot better than a surviving and having to undergo a week of some discomfort.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1    3 weeks ago

I'm sick of that ignorance about the southern border.  

Gestapo left?  More ignorance.  

Jack_TX
Junior Quiet
4.2  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 weeks ago
Fauci said yesterday that if we do not get many more people vaccinated the pandemic would last indefinitely as variants arise. 

That's probably going to happen anyway.

He says that if we do get many more vaccinated people we could be back to "normal" by next spring. 

He may be right, but his track record isn't stellar.     

Krishna
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Krishna  replied to  Jack_TX @4.2    3 weeks ago
That's probably going to happen anyway.

Link?

(Or did you just make that up out of thin air?)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @4.2.1    3 weeks ago

The latter.  

dennis smith
Masters Silent
4.3  dennis smith  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 weeks ago

Fauci also said when we reach herd immunity all will be well.

Gordy327
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Gordy327  replied to  dennis smith @4.3    3 weeks ago
Fauci also said when we reach herd immunity all will be well.

We have to actually reach herd immunity first.

igknorantzrulz
Masters Participates
4.3.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Gordy327 @4.3.1    3 weeks ago

wow, did you really just have to state that..../ ?  cause heard by the herd, is unheard of it seems

Gordy327
Professor Principal
4.3.3  Gordy327  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.3.2    3 weeks ago
wow, did you really just have to state that..../ ? 

Yes.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  author  JohnRussell    3 weeks ago

It was announced recently , might have been yesterday, that US covid deaths passed 1000 on a single day for the first time since March. 

Greg Jones
PhD Expert
6  Greg Jones    3 weeks ago

Only fools have faith in Fauci..

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @6    3 weeks ago

Good thing you were vaccinated a long time ago otherwise you might have been talked out of it by now. 

Gordy327
Professor Principal
6.2  Gordy327  replied to  Greg Jones @6    3 weeks ago

Fools have faith, period. Some of us actually follow the evidence instead. 

Krishna
Professor Principal
6.3  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @6    3 weeks ago

Only fools have faith in Fauci..

Link?

Tacos!
Professor Expert
7  Tacos!    3 weeks ago

We’re fucked. You listen to these Plague Enthusiasts, and you can just tell we’re fucked. They say humans are intelligent, but I’m not seeing it.

Krishna
Professor Principal
7.1  Krishna  replied to  Tacos! @7    3 weeks ago
We’re fucked. You listen to these Plague Enthusiasts, and you can just tell we’re fucked. They say humans are intelligent, but I’m not seeing it.

Well, they say there's no cure for "Stuck on Stupid".

But in this case there is-- the Virus provides the cure for that sort of stupidity-- its called DEATH!

igknorantzrulz
Masters Participates
7.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @7    3 weeks ago

i'm ok with culling the herd, but how many innocent unnecessary's are they going to take with them...

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Principal
8  Hal A. Lujah    3 weeks ago

I don’t want to be in the same establishment with any of the losers in that video even if they are vaccinated.  There are fringe benefits to private sector mandates!

My wife is an elementary school principal and she has been lucky enough to not have any antivax parents.  However, she was telling me the current stats of how many students in the county are already in quarantine (they started back to school last week) and it’s clear that this is going to be a giant fiasco.  We are vaccinated but I pretty much am planning on us getting covid at some point because schools and the delta variant are a terrible combination.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Guide
9  Paula Bartholomew    3 weeks ago

I vote that these anti fax mo fo's stay home for good.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
10  Buzz of the Orient    3 weeks ago

By lock YOURSELF in your house (and do not go anywhere where there are people) is not enough if anyone else enters the house.  As well, getting your food and meds and other necessities of life delivered will depend on how well protected the delivery person is.  I simply cannot fathom the DEPTH of ignorance of anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers.  I don't think I have ever met in my whole life anyone so stupid, thoughtless, selfish and despicable. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Principal
11  sandy-2021492    3 weeks ago

"People are having their DNA wiped out."

How does that even work, anyway?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Principal
11.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  sandy-2021492 @11    3 weeks ago

Kavika
Professor Principal
12  Kavika     3 weeks ago

IMO mandates from employers would move the nettle. Not vaccinated no job. Add to that insurance companies adding a premium to those not vaccinated would also move the nettle.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
12.1  Duck Hawk  replied to  Kavika @12    3 weeks ago

That sounds like a damm good idea.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13  Tessylo    3 weeks ago

240575900_6424152667625151_3402883619355132047_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=4BIbPT-s1eAAX8redCP&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=9bc435d6aa430c5855a97824c54115d6&oe=614AFB15

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Guide
14  Moose Knuckle    3 weeks ago

If the vaccine was really effective we wouldn't need to ignore science. If your vaccinated, and yes I am, you can still get sick, you can still spread it to other vaccinated and unvaccinated and you can still die.  Why do we pretend these vaccines with half ass trials are effective when we are having massive outbreaks among the vaccinated? Why do we pretend a mask will protect you even though the CDC's own study showed they are worthless?  If our medical experts don't fall in line behind the fantasy science, we threaten to ruin them. We need science not politics to restore credibility.

We all know this but are forced to agree with garbage because of how we vote?  We have become a country of easily manipulated clowns.

Continue to study the viruses, develop a more effective vaccine and then allow it to go through extensive studies and submit to the world for review, then roll out the vaccines.

Dulay
Professor Principal
14.1  Dulay  replied to  Moose Knuckle @14    3 weeks ago
If the vaccine was really effective we wouldn't need to ignore science.

Please post a link that cites ANY vaccine that claimed to be 100% effective. I'll wait. 

Gordy327
Professor Principal
14.2  Gordy327  replied to  Moose Knuckle @14    3 weeks ago

Apparently you're the one ignoring science because actual science says you're generally wrong on all points!