╌>

BREAKING: Taliban fighters celebrate 'defeating' Joe Biden as final US troops leave Afghanistan

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  22 comments

By:   Express. co. uk

BREAKING: Taliban fighters celebrate 'defeating' Joe Biden as final US troops leave Afghanistan
THE US has completed its Afghanistan pull out as the last jets depart from Kabul airport and celebratory gunfire can be heard across the city.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

THE US has completed its Afghanistan pull out as the last jets depart from Kabul airport and celebratory gunfire can be heard across the city.

By Steven BrownPUBLISHED: 21:48, Mon, Aug 30, 2021 | UPDATED: 22:01, Mon, Aug 30, 2021comment.png facebook.png twitter.png linkedin.png pinterest.png copylink.png Link copied US-completes-its-Afghanistan-pull-out-as-the-last-jets-depart-from-Kabul-airport-1484080.jpg?r=1630357265806

Following a chaotic airlift nearly 20 years after it invaded the country in the wake of 9/11, the US has finally withdrawn its troops from Afghanistan. More than 122,000 people have been airlifted out of Kabul since August 14, the day before the Taliban regained control of the country two decades after being removed from power by the US-led invasion in 2001.

Marine General Frank McKenzie, the head of the US Central Command, made the announcement at a Pentagon news briefing after the last troops sent to evacuate Americans and Afghans at risk following the Taliban's return to power flew out of the capital Kabul.

The chief US diplomat in Afghanistan, Ross Wilson, was on the last C-17 flight out, Marine General Frank McKenzie, the head of the U.S. Central Command, told a Pentagon news briefing.

The US and its Western allies scrambled to save citizens of their own countries as well as translators, local embassy staff, civil rights activists, journalists and other Afghans vulnerable to reprisals.

The evacuations became even more perilous when a suicide bomb attack claimed by Islamic State - enemy of both the West and the Taliban - killed 13 US service members and scores of Afghans waiting by the airport gates on Thursday.

The operation came to an end before the Tuesday deadline set by President Joe Biden, who inherited a troop withdrawal deal made with the Taliban by his predecessor Donald Trump and decided earlier this year to complete the pull-out.

The Biden administration said it expects the Taliban to continue allowing safe passage for Americans and others to leave Afghanistan after the US military withdrawal is completed.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the UN Security Council resolution "makes clear that the international community stands with Afghans".

He added: "There can be no return to repression or terror. We will push as one voice for safe passage, humanitarian access & respect for human rights."

More to follow...

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The last flight has left Kabul. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

One thing that has really struck me watching this for two or three weeks is just how much the major network foreign correspondents wanted the US to stay there forever. The reporters from NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, etc act like they have been personally betrayed.  What I think these people dont understand is that most Americans simply do not care much about the rest of the world. 

The political right will try and milk the last two weeks for everything they can but it will almost surely fail. I fully expect that in just a few weeks this will be a forgotten issue for most Americans, particularly after it is not on tv 24 hours a day.  

-

When the pullout was announced the speculation began as to how many people would be gotten out by the 31st.  The 'haters' predicted a very small figure because Biden was such a bungler.  Some others said we needed to get out at least 60,000 Afghans who had helped us. The final count for people flown out is over 120,000. 

My hope is that the future of Afghanistan will be a revolution from the people who object to the Taliban. They are the great majority everyone says. Then they should , with time, be able to assert themselves and eventually take back their country. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago
The political right will try and milk the last two weeks for everything they can but it will almost surely fail. I fully expect that in just a few weeks this will be a forgotten issue for most Americans, particularly after it is not on tv 24 hours a day.  

Until the first US citizens that were abandoned in Afghanistan turn up that is. Forget about them already? Been listening far too much Joe Biden bragging about his inflated numbers of evacuees; and ignoring that they repeatedly said they wouldn't get all US citizens out; not to mention all of those Afghans that aided us that never made it out.

When the pullout was announced the speculation began as to how many people would be gotten out by the 31st.  The 'haters' predicted a very small figure because Biden was such a bungler.  Some others said we needed to get out at least 60,000 Afghans who had helped us. The final count for people flown out is over 120,000. 

The number of people don't matter, that was and always has been a Biden talking point. What matters is getting all US citizens and Afghans that aided us out. Biden failed. Bigly.

My hope is that the future of Afghanistan will be a revolution from the people who object to the Taliban. They are the great majority everyone says. Then they should , with time, be able to assert themselves and eventually take back their country. 

It will take even longer since we armed the Taliban with the most sophisticated US weaponry. Hey look, the Taliban found pilots! Wonder if they are any of the ones we trained?

Today, the Taliban terror group, which is closely tied to al Qaeda—the terror group responsible for 9-11, took a victory lap around Kandahar with a man dangling from a rope below a Black Hawk helicopter that used to belong to America. Joe Biden and his woke military leader’s humiliating and incompetent withdrawal from Afghanistan gifted the Taliban with over $85 billion worth of US military equipment, including our state-of-the-art Black Hawk helicopters. Almost overnight, Biden’s complete and utter incompetence as our “commander-in-chief” has made Taliban terrorists one of the most dangerous and well-equipped militaries in the world.

Today, the Taliban flaunted their new power by flying the Black Hawk helicopters over Kandahar, only one day before America’s deadline to leave their new Islamic state.

Unfortunately, they weren’t just taunting Americans with their new state-of-the-art helicopters; they appeared to also be sending a clear message to infidels below.

British Afghanistan and Iraq war vet Trevor Coult shared stunning images of people “hanging by their throat” from the Black Hawk helicopters. “The American President will never be forgiven for this!!” he tweeted.

Here’s a video of the former US helicopter flying over Kandahar with a body being dangled below.

***WARNING***Video is very graphic!

This close-up shot appears to show the person hanging below the helicopter is still alive.
The Biden administration and the left can spin all they want. We will make sure people never forget those left behind to the Taliban's not so tender mercies.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1    3 years ago
Until the first US citizens that were abandoned in Afghanistan turn up that is. Forget about them already? Been listening far too much Joe Biden bragging about his inflated numbers of evacuees; and ignoring that they repeatedly said they wouldn't get all US citizens out; not to mention all of those Afghans that aided us that never made it out.

My understanding from watching various spokespeople and "experts" is that the Taliban insisted on the 31st pullout or they would not agree to let people leave after that date. As of now they have agreed to let Americans continue to leave. We will have to see what happens. I dont have any problem with some sort of military action against the Taliban if they dont allow those who still want to leave go in the coming days and weeks. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    3 years ago
As of now they have agreed to let Americans continue to leave. We will have to see what happens.

John, these people are not known for honoring their agreements.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.2    3 years ago

I know that.  That was the deal though. Leave on the 31st and hope they keep their agreement or stay after the 31st when there would be no agreement. I heard someone (I forget who) say that we had to leave on the 31st or the Taliban would promise nothing. 

The question then is, how long would we have to stay there in order to get everyone out?  A week? A month? 

There was no good resolution to this. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.4  1stwarrior  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.2    3 years ago

As a wise man/woman once said - "It ain't over 'til the Fat Lady sings."

She ain't sung and it is far from over.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

Given the Afghanistan army and government were so willing to drop and run, I suspect that is the greater mindset of the Afghanistan people.   Sorry to say.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago
JohnRussell wrote: "I fully expect that in just a few weeks this will be a forgotten issue for most Americans, particularly after it is not on tv 24 hours a day"
I'm sure the lefties are hoping that happens.Out of theheadlines perhaps, but decent and patriotic Americans  aren't likely to forget this travestyanytimesoon.. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Beirut Marine Barracks Bombing Fast Facts | CNN

October 23, 1983 - 241 US service personnel – including 220 Marines and 21 other service personnel – are killed by a truck bomb at a Marine compound in Beirut, Lebanon. Three hundred service...

In 1983 241 US Marines were killed because Reagan had ordered them into a location that they didnt belong . Reagan was re-elected president the next year. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

You think Biden is like Reagan in any way, shape, or form? ROFLOL

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1    3 years ago

Reagan got 241 Marines killed. Biden got 13 US soldiers killed.  So you are right, there is no comparison. 

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
3.1.2  goose is back  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    3 years ago
Reagan got 241 Marines

Nice deflection.

GregTx
PhD Guide
3.1.3  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    3 years ago

Thus far.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

I took care of two burn patients from that.  I don't know if this is in the CNN article or not as it said Error.  It didn't help that the wall guards had no ammo.  This was told to me by one of the two patients.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2    3 years ago

this should be the link , it works for me

Beirut Marine Barracks Bombing Fast Facts | CNN

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    3 years ago

That worked.  Thank you.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2    3 years ago

Actually they had full clips but were not allowed to chamber a round, on safety, with out a direct order or proof of a threat.

A few panicked probably thinking their guns jammed.  A few made the decision and started firing but it was much too late already given the size of the truck bombs.

The entire building lifted about six feet off of its foundations then collapsed upon itself.

The truck bombs were 'enhanced' by dozens of cylinders of propane, hence the number of burns.

squiggy
Junior Silent
4  squiggy    3 years ago

"...the UN Security Council resolution "makes clear that the international community stands with Afghans"."

Taliban didn't see that bomb coming.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5  arkpdx    3 years ago

I wonder how much of the gunfire being heard is from the Taliban using  using bidens list of Afghan's that could not escape to execute those that assisted out troops there. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago
Aug 27, 2021
Committed To Doomsday Narrative, Media Downplay Evacuation Triumph
Six days ago, as she prepared her airlifted exit from Kabul, CNN reporter Clarissa Ward   declared   that the United States' effort to evacuate thousands of Afghans was doomed to failure. "I'm sitting here for 12 hours in the airport, 8 hours on the airfield and I haven't seen a single US plane take off," she reported. "How on Earth are you going to evacuate 50,000 people in the next two weeks? It just, it can't happen."

Ward seemed to speak for most journalists who lined up for days to condemn President Joe Biden and to predict a perilous future for the Afghanistan capitol. (Talk of " mass murders"   and U.S. embassy employees being taken hostage were in the media mix.) Wildly eager to portray the U.S. troop withdrawal as a " humiliating " and " disastrous " " fiasco ," the media were sure the story was going to get much worse.

And they were wrong.

"In fact, it didn't take 2 weeks to evacuate 50,000. It took 10 days," Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT)   tweeted   in response to Ward. "Lots of work still to do, but it might be time for a bit of a reassessment by the media of this operation given the actual results."

(Eventually 122,000 people were evacuated from Kabul on transport planes)

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @6    3 years ago
(Eventually 122,000 people were evacuated from Kabul on transport planes)

AFTER 08/14/2021.  Prior to that tens of thousands of contractors and other combat troops left the country by air at Bagram or Kabul

At the Chaman border crossing into Pakistan between 10,000 and 20,000 Afghans have been crossing daily.