╌>

The Sierra Madre Tattler!: Elder Abused: California/Gavin Newsom Recall Election Is Turning Into Landslide, Poll Shows

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  3 years ago  •  60 comments

The  Sierra Madre Tattler!: Elder Abused: California/Gavin Newsom Recall Election Is Turning Into Landslide, Poll Shows
Mod : The California crybaby recall is flaming out badly. Think how sad those special MAGA noid loudmouths living in your neighborhood will...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Screen%2BShot%2B2021-09-02%2Bat%2B7.57.39%2BPM.png Mod : The California crybaby recall is flaming out badly. Think how sad those special MAGA noid loudmouths living in your neighborhood will be.

Gavin Newsom recall election is turning into landslide, poll shows ( SF Gate link ): For the second time this week, Gov. Gavin Newsom saw a very encouraging poll in the upcoming Sept. 14 California recall election.

Screen%2BShot%2B2021-09-03%2Bat%2B2.34.58%2BAM.png A SurveyUSA/San Diego Union-Tribune poll found Newsom beating back the recall by eight percentage points, and a Public Policy Institute of California ( PPIC ) poll released Wednesday night shows the governor leading by an even bigger margin.

The new poll, conducted among 1,706 Californians between Aug. 20 to Aug. 29, shows that 58% of likely voters plan to vote "no" on the first question (Shall Gavin Newsom be recalled?) while just 39% plan to vote "yes." Newsom , armed with an eight-to-one fundraising advantage, has dramatically increased voter outreach and engagement efforts over the course of the final month.

Screen%2BShot%2B2021-09-03%2Bat%2B5.08.30%2BAM.png It's Newsom 's most favorable poll in a while, as most polling from August showed a close race within five percentage points. If there's a silver lining for recall proponents, it's that the poll finds that an enthusiasm gap still exists between Democrats and Republicans , as 63% of those voting to remove Newsom said they were "more enthusiastic" than usual about voting, compared to just 37% of "no" voters who said the same.
PPIC polls have typically understated Democratic support in statewide elections. Their final poll of the 2020 presidential election showed Joe Biden leading Donald Trump by 26 percentage points, and Biden went on to win by 29 percentage points. Their final 2018 gubernatorial poll showed Newsom leading John Cox by 11 percentage points, and Newsom went on to win by 23 percentage points.Screen%2BShot%2B2021-09-02%2Bat%2B7.24.59%2BPM.png Like other polls, the new PPIC poll found that conservative radio host Larry Elder is dominating the field on the recall ballot's second question (Which candidate should replace Newsom if he is recalled?), drawing 26% support. Former San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer came in second place at a distant 5% support, and 49% of respondents said they would either leave the second question blank or were undecided.

Mod : I left the second part blank. Vote NO and Go is my advice.

sierramadretattler.blogspot.com

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

Newsom will not be recalled. It won't even be close!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1    3 years ago

Yep!   And Hillary had it all locked up.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    3 years ago

Yes, Hillay won California by millions of votes...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    3 years ago

And she still lost the election.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.2    3 years ago
And she still lost the election.

No, she won the election but lost the electoral college.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.4  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.2    3 years ago

Trump lost but millions and millions of votes.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.3    3 years ago

Hillary won? Please tell us what date her inauguration was, my history books don't show it.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1.6  SteevieGee  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    3 years ago

That's because you have red state history books.  They lie to you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1.6    3 years ago

Ok, then simply pull the quote showing when Hillary was inaugurated from a book of YOUR choosing to prove she won the election or just admit that Trump whipped her ass, just as assuredly as Biden whipped Trump's.

Got one, or just derailing and deflecting?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    3 years ago

Hillary won? Please tell us what date her inauguration was, my history books don't show it.

I see you still have problems reading entire sentences.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.8    3 years ago

I suppose some person somewhere may think winning means you don't become President--the office she was running for.

Oh, wait, you do!

Most Americans believe the winner is the one who sits in the WH after Inauguration Day.

I do find it rather fascinating that some 5 years later, Democrats are STILL shilling for Hillary and pretending she won.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.10  Jack_TX  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.3    3 years ago
No, she won the election but lost the electoral college.

That's not how that works.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  Jack_TX  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1.6    3 years ago
That's because you have red state history books.  They lie to you.

Sooo..... Oregon history books have a chapter about Hillary's inauguration??

Actually, that would explain quite a lot about Portland.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.10    3 years ago

I think we all know that

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.11    3 years ago

you're trolling

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.14  Jack_TX  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.13    3 years ago
you're trolling

I'm sure you'd like to believe so. 

If any comment is "trolling", it's the stupid ones about red state textbooks and Hillary winning the election.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.14    3 years ago

Yeah, you're trolling because you're just picking words here and there and not reading the entire thread/comments

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.16  Ozzwald  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.10    3 years ago

That's not how that works.

Yes, it is.  Electoral college is a separate process from the general election.  That is why they can appoint someone that did not receive the most votes.

The Electoral College was created for two reasons. The first purpose was to create a buffer between population and the selection of a President. The second as part of the structure of the government that gave extra power to the smaller states.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.17  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.9    3 years ago
I suppose some person somewhere may think winning means you don't become President--the office she was running for.

Wow, you are stubborn, refusing to except the truth.

You tell me.  Does the electoral college have the ability to select someone other than the candidate who won the most votes?  Simple yes or no question, that I am sure you will refuse to answer.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.16    3 years ago

You can always consider the popular vote as some sort of consolation prize for the first runner-up.

Should we give her a little trophy for you to shine, too?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.19  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.18    3 years ago
You can always consider the popular vote as some sort of consolation prize for the first runner-up.

Pretty much how it is.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.19    3 years ago

probably why only the losing side is always bringing up the popular vote, like it is significant in some way.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.21  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.20    3 years ago

Remember, TDS is a very serious condition.   It skews what little judgement the afflicted could ever muster.

It's an insidious disease and chronic for many it appears.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.22  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.20    3 years ago

probably why only the losing side is always bringing up the popular vote, like it is significant in some way.

Yeah, democracy.  Who needs it, huh?  jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.23  Ronin2  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.22    3 years ago

We don't have a true Democracy, we have a Democratic Republic. There is a difference.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.24  Ozzwald  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.23    3 years ago
We don't have a true Democracy, we have a Democratic Republic.

Looking......  Yup, never claimed otherwise.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.22    3 years ago

Some of us realize how Presidents are elected in this country, and some of us just don't get it.

Democracy?

LMMFAO

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.26  Jack_TX  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.16    3 years ago

No, it isn't.  No amount of idiotic high school rationalizing changes real life.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.27  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.25    3 years ago
Some of us realize how Presidents are elected in this country, and some of us just don't get it.

And some get it, but understand it is not what it should be.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.27    3 years ago
but understand it is not what it should be.

But seemingly incapable of understanding what the law is. or why it is.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.29  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.28    3 years ago

But seemingly incapable of understanding what the law is. or why it is.

Just like you are seemingly incapable of understanding the comments you reply to.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.30  epistte  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.2    3 years ago

She won the popular vote by a landslide. Over 3 million votes, which is the population of a large city.

• Clinton: 65,844,610 (48.2%)
  • Trump: 62,979,636 (46.1%)

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
1.1.31  goose is back  replied to  epistte @1.1.30    3 years ago
  • Clinton: 65,844,610 (48.2%)
  • Trump: 62,979,636 (46.1%)

So percentages count, Trump waxed Clinton 57% to 43% in the Electoral College which is what the WINNER is based on.  Maybe you should concentrate on that. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.32  Jack_TX  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.20    3 years ago

In related news, Clemson University had 43 more passing yards than the University of Georgia last Saturday night.

Clemson fans were outraged at the suggestion that they somehow lost the game, demanding that the rules be changed from the outdated, archaic "most points win" and "points being awarded for touchdowns and field goals" system.

"It is clearly a racist system benefitting the state where the Confederate capital was located." said one Tiger fan.  "This is twice in a row we've been unfairly cheated out of wins based on ridiculous, racist rules written by white men.  I mean, they "said" Ohio State won back in January, but our quarterback obviously had waaay better hair."

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.33  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.29    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.34  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @1.1.30    3 years ago

And what did she get for "winning"?

Inaugurated?

No.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Elder is anti mask, anti vaccine, and wants to turn CA into another FL with CV infections/hospitalizations/and deaths.  He is another Trump wanna be and we won't put up with it.  He is also a misogynist just like his orange cheeto hero.  He has stated that no way did he sexually harass this one woman because she ugly.  He is also in favor of employers being able to discriminate against hiring women because of their reproductive capabilities.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    3 years ago

He sounds like a real piece of work

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    3 years ago

That is what is sad.  I was an avid Elder listener way back when.  He was witty and informative.  Then Trump appears and passes him the kool aid and he is now full on magat.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2  Ender  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    3 years ago

Did you see the latest? Now he was with that Owens woman claiming that people lost property when they lost slaves so now slave owners should get reparations...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.3  Split Personality  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    3 years ago
CNN's KFile has discovered 2011 remarks made by Republican California recall candidate Larry Elder where he implied an accuser was too unattractive for her sexual harassment accusations to be true. 

Sounds like something DJT once said.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.3.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Split Personality @2.3    3 years ago

Exactly...a Trumptard clone.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    3 years ago

He and that know nothing darling of the 'right' - Candace Owens - he was on her show - said that slave owners should be paid reparations. . . . . 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @2.4    3 years ago

Only if any of them are still alive.  None of this paying their descendants bs.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.5  Ronin2  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    3 years ago

Because CA is just doing so great at handling Covid./S

h ttps ://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/coronavirus-deaths-u-s-map-shows-number-fatalities-compared-confirmed-n1166966

Texas and Florida still have a ways to go to catch California for total deaths by Covid 19.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.5.1  Kavika   replied to  Ronin2 @2.5    3 years ago

California is doing a hell of a lot better than either Texas or Florida, in both cases per million and deaths per million. 

Texas and Florida still have a ways to go to catch California for total deaths by Covid 19.

Since the population of CA is 40m and Texas is 29m, Florida 21M you don't need an abacus to see why California has more deaths, it's the deaths  per million that's the key. Basic math.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.5.2  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @2.5.1    3 years ago

And yet, people and businesses are still leaving California in droves while Texas and Florida continue to grow.

Interesting to say the least .......

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.5.3  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @2.5.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gifYou beat me to the punch regarding Co-vid deaths and populations

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

If on the off chance that he loses we'll take him in Florida to replace DeSantis.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @3    3 years ago

You're funny!

Hallux
PhD Principal
4  Hallux    3 years ago

I don't usually troll but when I do ... Elder and his fans have one last grasp at hope, Kamala Harris is scheduled to show up.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1  Split Personality  replied to  Hallux @4    3 years ago

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Hallux @4    3 years ago

If she does, I will lose any respect that  I have for her.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hallux @4    3 years ago

Why would Harris dignify this POS with her presence?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.3    3 years ago

She's showing up for Newsome NOT Elder. That was a "Harris is going to ruin Newsome's chances" kind of thing If I am correct. May not be. We shall wait until the big toe clarifies.

jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.3.2  Hallux  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.3    3 years ago

She is/was going to support Newsome. I was just trolling our famous 'readers' and 'seeders' with some of that false hope many of them seem to relish.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.3.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hallux @4.3.2    3 years ago

clever!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Larry Elder is a far right extremist who got lost and signed up for the wrong election. He really meant to run for president as a Republican in 2024. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6  Sparty On    3 years ago

Tell it to all the companies and people that have left and are leaving Calikakistania.

I have no doubt the ones left will reelect that turd and then they will all bitch about high taxes and costs as taxes and costs go up.

I read somewhere the average home cost was nearly 800k there last year ..... yeehaw ..... right in most Americans affordability wheelhouse ......

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    3 years ago
nN83E6O1_bigger.jpg
Really American   1f1fa-1f1f8.png
@ReallyAmerican1
·
3h
Next Tuesday California will decide whether Larry Elder-who says slave owners deserve reparations, supports the Texas abortion law & opposes science-becomes Governor. Retweet if you #SayNoToLarry