╌>

Into the belly of the beast

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  103 comments

Into the belly of the beast
“The leading candidate thinks climate change is a hoax, believes we need more offshore oil drilling, more fracking, does not believe a woman has the right to choose [and] actually came out against Roe v. Wade, does not believe in a minimum wage,” Newsom said Thursday night.

Gavin Newsom is facing a Sept. 14 special election that could make him just the third state governor in U.S. history to be removed from office through a recall. His leading opponent is Laurence Allen Elder, an American conservative talk radio host, author, politician and attorney who hosts The Larry Elder Show. What was once a close race has more recently become a demonstration of the behind-the-scenes power base that democrats have created in California.

First of all there is the nature of the campaign itself. Larry Elder has talked about policy changes, most notably the freedom of parents, especially minority parents, to send their children to the school of their choice. The record of Gavin Newsom as governor would normally be the main issue, since it is after all a recall election. However the Newsom campaign has focused on personal attacks against Elder. Most notable was the California professor campaigning for Newsom, who hurled a truly racist attack at Elder last Monday, calling him “a Black face on White supremacy.”

A spokeswoman for the Elder campaign accused Newsom of “lashing out” at the Republican candidate because he realizes that his political career is on the line.

“Gavin Newsom is running scared. He cannot defend his horrendous record on crime, homelessness, the rising cost of living, water shortages, uncontrollable wildfires, and tyrannical COVID lockdowns,” spokeswoman Ying Ma said in an email. “Larry believes in liberty, personal responsibility, private enterprise, and the ingenuity of the people of California, not Newsom’s repressive edicts or the cronyism of his allies.”

The CA deep state empire is striking back. The Teacher's Union and the Public Sector Union and Hollywood are sending in the money fueling the Newsom campaign:

"Newsom’s anti-recall campaign raked in more money in its first five months — $54 million — than the $50.2 million his 2018 gubernatorial campaign raised over four years.

Most of the money  came in six- or seven-figure donations from longtime Democratic financial backers, including government employee and trade unions, as well as people and interest groups that stand to gain from a relationship with California’s governor. Even allies of the governor have expressed concern about the amount of money flooding in. The California Teachers Assn., which has clashed with charter school advocates for years, gave $1.8 million. The Service Employees International Union and its local affiliates, which together represent about 700,000 members, including government employees, donated a combined $5.5 million to Newsom’s anti-recall campaign. Others in the $1-million-and-up club include associations representing California Realtors, home builders and Democratic governors.

Newsom’s anti-recall committee has  raised tens of millions of dollars more than the committee pushing for him to be removed,  as well as the top Republicans hoping to replace him. Several of those candidates have alleged that the wellspring of donations in support of the governor is evidence that he is beholden to unions and Sacramento’s special interests.

Assemblyman Kevin Kiley (R-Rocklin) accused Newsom of closing public schools last academic year under pressure from the California Teachers Assn. and other teachers unions despite guidance from federal health officials that it wasn’t necessary.

“Teachers unions just funneled Gavin Newsom another $2.1 million,”  Kiley tweeted in late July.  “It’s unclear if this is a bonus payment for last year’s shutdown or prepayment for the one to come.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-08-24/newsom-donors-anti-california-recall

Democratic politicians & officials, including the vice president, have gone to California in recent weeks to campaign for Newsom. The president is also expected to join the bandwagon before the recall vote in about 5 days. Even Barack Obama has urged Californians to reject the recall. Yesterday he told California voters: "Your vote could be the difference between protecting our kids and putting them at risk, helping Californians recover or taking us backwards."

Then there is this:

"H
undreds of ballots for California Gov. Gavin Newsom's recall election, drugs and a loaded gun were found last week in a vehicle where a felon was passed out inside, authorities said Monday.

Police responded to a call of a man passed out in a vehicle in a 7-Eleven parking lot in Torrance on Aug. 16, the  Torrance Police Department said ."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hundreds-of-california-recall-ballots-drugs-loaded-gun-found-in-passed-out-felon-e2-80-99s-car-police/ar-AANGDNB

Which is a reminder of California's lingering problem with voting.  

From 2019:

"California officials still can’t say whether non-citizens voted in the June 2018 primary because a confusing government questionnaire about eligibility was created in a way that prevents a direct answer on citizenship.

The snag comes from a voter eligibility questionnaire that lumps five separate characteristics, such as age and citizenship status, into one prompt that people see at the Department of Motor Vehicles when they try to get or renew a driver’s license.

Investigators can see that people marked themselves as ineligible to vote or declined to answer eligibility questions, but they can’t tell why.

“We can’t assume why they declined to answer eligibility questions or why they said they were not eligible,” the Secretary of State’s Office wrote in an internal memo on Oct. 8, 2018.

That email and other documents The Sacramento Bee obtained through the Public Records Act shed light on why the Secretary of State has been unable to say clearly whether non-citizens voted last year.  The Bee filed a legal complaint  for the records when the Secretary of State initially withheld most of them."

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article223886630.html

Nothing has changed.

Thus, in the closing weeks of this election, Larry Elder has gone from a position of "too close to call" to the unenviable position of "a very tough reach." The California deep state has saved Newsom and the people of California have been stifled once again.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

That's how it's done in California.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago
"Hundreds of ballots for California Gov. Gavin Newsom's recall election, drugs and a loaded gun were found last week in a vehicle where a felon was passed out inside, authorities said Monday.

What was Rudy Giuliani doing out there? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

You tell me?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

Sounds like Elder is losing/a loser.  It must be rigged!

"The CA deep state empire is striking back."  

Because of the Deep State!  Correction, "The Deep State Empire"

Is that an upcoming Star Wars flick?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.2    3 years ago
Is that an upcoming Star Wars flick?

Now playing in California!

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    3 years ago

Newsom will prevail because he is a good governor!

The gop is already working to delegitimize its recall.

They are losing badly so they must blame teachers.

We really must laugh at how idiotic the damn gop is. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @3    3 years ago
Newsom will prevail because he is a good governor!

Only if one is a progressive, a felon or homeless. Even the illegal migrants who are able to vote for him wouldn't like him if they only knew that Newsom is a big part of the reason why they are living in dangerous neighborhoods.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago

Yet, California has a huge budget SURPLUS!

That is because Democrats believe in math.

Elder is way out of touch with the CA voters.

Much like Trump being way out in right field...

It isn't very easy to lose by eight million votes.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    3 years ago
That is because Democrats believe in math.

Democrats control the House, Senate and Presidency. Why, if they believe in Math, are they proposing to borrow trillions of dollars? 

It isn't very easy to lose by eight million votes.

So you don't understand math then. Of course it is, as the country grows and the numbers of voters increase, the difference in vote totals will also increase.  A four point loss is pretty run of the mill. 

Mondale losing by 17 million votes and 18 percentage points is hard to do.  

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.3  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.2    3 years ago

Mondale was in 1984. Nearly 40 years ago...

The gop is losing votes because the gop is a party of old white people who are dying off...

Even Texas and Georgia are turning blue now!

After Desantis Florida will be turning blue too. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @3.1.3    3 years ago
Mondale was in 1984. Nearly 40 years ago..

No shit. That's why losing by 18 million votes is so impressive. Less than 100 million people voted. 

fter Desantis Florida will be turning blue too.

sure. Sure.  Dems have only been saying that for 20 years. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.2    3 years ago

The Republicans in the Senate havent represented the majority of the American people in 25 years. 

Dulay
Professor Guide
3.1.6  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    3 years ago
Only if one is a progressive, a felon or homeless.

That's not the kind of enlightened comment I've come to expect from you Vic. /s

Even the illegal migrants who are able to vote for him wouldn't like him if they only knew that Newsom is a big part of the reason why they are living in dangerous neighborhoods.

Which total ZERO. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @3.1.6    3 years ago
Which total ZERO. 

PROVE IT!

Dulay
Professor Guide
3.1.8  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.2    3 years ago
Democrats control the House, Senate and Presidency. Why, if they believe in Math, are they proposing to borrow trillions of dollars? 

For the same reason that the GOP did so. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @3.1.3    3 years ago

Talk about living in the past!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @3.1.3    3 years ago

DeathSantis.

Dulay
Professor Guide
3.1.11  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.7    3 years ago

That's hilarious coming from you Vic. 

Tell you what, I'll support my comments when you start supporting your own. 'Our readers' know that won't be happening any time soon. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @3.1.11    3 years ago

I didn't think so

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @3.1.1    3 years ago
Yet, California has a huge budget SURPLUS! That is because Democrats believe in math.

Lol ... Math is fun, so how about this math?

California has a state and local unfunded liability approaching 2 Trillion dollars.   Yep, that's Trillion with a T.

For the math challenged that means California edges closer and closer to a complete financial meltdown each year.   And Governor dimbulb has just accelerated that inevitability during his tenure.   As revenue due to leaving taxpayers and businesses continues to spiral downward under his watch due to raised taxes and costs.    Elect him again so can accelerate your demise even faster ......

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.13    3 years ago

In other words it's like holding a bank account with money in it on one side and having an enormous pile of debt on the other.

Got it!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.5    3 years ago
The Republicans in the Senate havent represented the majority of the American people in 25 years.

Gee, when I went to school, they taught us how Congress works and who each Senator represents.

Funny, don't ever recall ever having a teacher tell me that Senators are supposed to represent the majority of Americans.

Can you point it out in statute for me?

Dulay
Professor Guide
3.1.16  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.12    3 years ago

Thanks for the confirmation though I never expected you to start supporting your own comments. 

Dulay
Professor Guide
3.1.17  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.13    3 years ago

Wow Sparty, your source is all over the place. 

First of all, it's not about the Newsome Administration [the topic of the seed]. 

Secondly, it cites links and data from 2017. 

Thirdly, it includes LOCAL debt, which any idiot knows isn't controlled or owed by the STATE and therefore should NOT and is NOT included in the STATE 'debt'. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.18  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @3.1.17    3 years ago
Wow Sparty, your source is all over the place.

The point is made .... as inconvenient as that is to your preferred narrative.

First of all, it's not about the Newsome Administration [the topic of the seed].

Not your problem so don't worry about it.  

Secondly, it cites links and data from 2017.

So what?   Prove it wrong or quit wasting my time.

Thirdly, it includes LOCAL debt, which any idiot knows isn't controlled or owed by the STATE and therefore should NOT and is NOT included in the STATE 'debt'.

I clearly stated state and local liability.   Your "opinion" on this matter is noted and completely meaningless.   State and local unfunded pension liabilities for example are intricately intertwined in most states since much of the local funding comes from the state.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.19  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.14    3 years ago

Yeah more like an underwater mortgage.

A massive debt that the debtor has no chance to repay if it comes due prematurely.

Even if they manage to liquidate all assets.

Dulay
Professor Guide
3.1.20  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.18    3 years ago
The point is made .... as inconvenient as that is to your preferred narrative.

What 'point' Sparty? That you think that unrelated history is relevant? If so, your point is moot. 

Not your problem so don't worry about it.

Is it your posit that your misrepresentation should go unchallenged?

I'll need to see a special snowflake certificate. 

So what?   Prove it wrong or quit wasting my time.

It's WORSE than wrong Sparty, it's IRRELEVANT to the CURRENT discussion. 

I clearly stated state and local liability.  

Yes you did, which begs the question; Why bother posting an irrelevant link? 

Your "opinion" on this matter is noted and completely meaningless.  

Your opinion of my opinion is completely meaningless. 

State and local unfunded pension liabilities for example are intricately intertwined in most states since much of the local funding comes from the state.

Obfuscating argle-bargle.

LOCAL deficit/surplus is NOT STATE deficit/surplus. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.21  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @3.1.20    3 years ago
What 'point' Sparty? That you think that unrelated history is relevant? If so, your point is moot.

Your relevancy analysis is irrelevant

Is it your posit that your misrepresentation should go unchallenged?

Nah, my position is NTers position.   Off topic decisions are the seeder's only and since you didn't seed this article ...... don't worry about it.

It's WORSE than wrong Sparty, it's IRRELEVANT to the CURRENT discussion.

Again, you relevancy analysis is seriously flawed and therefore irrelevant.

Yes you did, which begs the question;

So why question it?

Why bother posting an irrelevant link? 

See above ... twice

Your opinion of my opinion is completely meaningless. 

Pee Wee Herrman gambit noted .... sad as it is .....

Obfuscating argle-bargle. LOCAL deficit/surplus is NOT STATE deficit/surplus.

Nah, when you get more than a sophomoric understanding of how state and local funding works for things like school districts and road commissions hit me back.   Until then you are still just wasting my time.

Dulay
Professor Guide
3.1.22  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.21    3 years ago
Your relevancy analysis is irrelevant

Your analysis of my analysis is obtuse. 

Nah, my position is NTers position.   Off topic decisions are the seeder's only and since you didn't seed this article ...... don't worry about it.

Where did I say anything about 'off topic' Sparty?

Oh and FYI, a mod can rule it off topic too. Try to keep up. 

Again, you relevancy analysis is seriously flawed and therefore irrelevant.

Is it your posit that California's 2017 budget data is relevant to it's 2021 budget data? If so, please show me HOW. 

Nah, when you get more than a sophomoric understanding of how state and local funding works for things like school districts and ond commission hit me back.  

Ditto. 

Until then you are still just wasting my time.

Candy Crush Saga calling? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.23  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @3.1.22    3 years ago

Yawn ..... you're shtick is boring me.  Not shockingly i still disagree with  absolutely everything you've said here.

But you have a nice day now ya hear!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.24  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @3.1.22    3 years ago
Oh and FYI, a mod can rule it off topic too

Per the author/seeder!

Dulay
Professor Guide
3.1.25  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.24    3 years ago

Nope, a mod can see an off topic comment and delete it per their own judgement. 

Dulay
Professor Guide
3.1.26  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.23    3 years ago

You can disagree with facts all you want, they're STILL facts. 

Your link is outdated and irrelevant. Own it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Larry Elder is a far right extremist. He has fallen behind in the polls because the people of California realized he was a candidate and could potentially win, albeit with 25% of the vote. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago
He has fallen behind in the polls because the people of California realized he was a candidate and could potentially win, albeit with 25% of the vote. 

That happens to be the recall system created by CA progressives. One that they will most likely change right after this farce ends.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    3 years ago

It was not Democrats forced this farcical recall.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @4.1.1    3 years ago

How do you know who signed the petition?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago
arry Elder is a far right extremist

I'm surprised you didn't seed an article about left wing racism after a white  woman in a gorilla mask threw an egg at Elder yesterday.  That would be the consistent thing to do, given we know what would have happened had had the black candidate been a Democrat. 

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.1  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2    3 years ago

That doesn't make sense. No surprise here.

The gop doesn't appeal to the voters today.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
4.2.2  JaneDoe  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2    3 years ago

I read about that yesterday too. SMH

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @4.2.1    3 years ago
hat doesn't make sense.

I can't help it if you are blind to your own bias.

You don't seem to grasp history, or numbers.  

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.4  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.3    3 years ago

The gop won the presidency and the popular vote only once since 1988. Trump lost the popular vote by eight million votes. So, who here does not grasp history or even basic math?

If the gop hopes to win they need more votes.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @4.2.4    3 years ago

The gop won the presidency and the popular vote only once since 1988

They've won the Presidency numerous times since then, and as recently as 2016 were in the strongest position nationally that they've been in about  a century.  They don't win every election. Sometimes they control Congress, sometimes they don't. Just like the Democrats.

That's how politics work, if you pay attention.  They will almost certainly control the House and probably the Senate after the next election. Will you then claim "the Democrats don't appeal to the voters today?" after the next narrow Democratic loss?

rump lost the popular vote by eight million votes. So, who here does not grasp history or even basic math?

Well you, if you think losing an election by 4 points is noteworthy. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.3    3 years ago

All conservatives do anymore is complain, complain, and whine. And try to cut down on minority voting. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2    3 years ago

You butthurt. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.2.8  Hallux  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2    3 years ago

An egg you say, wow ... up here conservatives are throwing rocks at liberals.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.7    3 years ago

ou butthurt. 

Just amused at your hypocrisy.   Do you even remember how shrilly you screamed racism every time Obama was criticized? 

I can't even imagine how many posts there would have been condemning all Republicans as racists had a white person wearing a gorilla mask thrown an egg at Obama. But since the victim was a Republican....

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  Hallux @4.2.8    3 years ago
up here conservatives are throwing rocks at liberals.

Were they dressed in blackface throwing rocks? Or throwing rocks at the liberal who wears blackface?   Not sure about the intricacies of Canadian politics. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JaneDoe @4.2.2    3 years ago

Just a sampling of what they will do to a black Conservative

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
4.2.12  JaneDoe  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.11    3 years ago

I know. It’s sad, petty and disgusting!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JaneDoe @4.2.12    3 years ago

That's the way they've made it. You didn't see any cops there and outside of Elder's own representatives, one of whom was assaulted, nobody from the community dares to stand up to them.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.14  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4.2.1    3 years ago

I bet the GOP will be appealing enough to voters to regain the majority next year.

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.2.15  Hallux  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.2.10    3 years ago

Just your 'normal' anti-mask, anti-vaccine, anti-immigrant boyz.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.16  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4.2.4    3 years ago

Will you be a dear and let us all know when the popular vote is relevant in Presidential elections, and when overall votes for Congress are important?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.17  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @4.2.1    3 years ago

Only in bigger urban areas,   

You know ..... liberal shit-holes like San Fran and  Baltimore.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.2.18  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.13    3 years ago

Those around Elder are not his representatives Vic. They are members of the Venice Neighborhood Council and residents were pissed off that they brought Elder into THEIR neighborhood. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.19  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.2.18    3 years ago

They don't like blacks in their neighborhood?

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.2.20  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.19    3 years ago

Well since the video shows that many of those pissed off at the Venice Neighborhood Council are black, I doubt it Tex. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.21  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.2.20    3 years ago

So residents are pissed at their own reps.

Probably some of that infamous liberal logic again.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.22  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @4.2.20    3 years ago

Elder isn't their rep.  So why are folks saying he is?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.2.23  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.19    3 years ago

I doubt very much that skin color had anything to do with it. It was almost certainly in response to Elder's crazy conspiracy theories and deadly proclamation that he would end Covid safety protocols in CA if elected. That and his tired useless conservative Republican ideology he spouts on his right wing radio show.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.24  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.2.23    3 years ago

Sure.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.2.25  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.21    3 years ago

Yes. 

Probably some of that infamous liberal logic again.

So neocons all support each their Representatives? That's seems contrary to a plethora of State Republican Party Committees that have censured their Congressman and Senators. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.26  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.2.25    3 years ago

Oh, nice deflection.

Hey, why don't you open a seed about that since THAT is what you wish to talk about.

You know, instead of deflecting here.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.2.27  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.26    3 years ago
Oh, nice deflection.

What's deflective about "Yes" Tex? 

Hey, why don't you open a seed about that since THAT is what you wish to talk about.

Your post mentioned liberals being pissed at their reps. So did I. 

Goose gander...

You know, instead of deflecting here.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.28  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.2.27    3 years ago
What's deflective about "Yes" Tex? 

Here, I'll even type slow.

You deflected when you stated THIS:

So neocons all support each their Representatives? That's seems contrary to a plethora of State Republican Party Committees that have censured their Congressman and Senators. 

The topic has nothing to do with that bullshit, so YES, THAT is a deflection.

Always glad to help out and explain the most mundane things.

/s

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.2.29  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.28    3 years ago
The topic has nothing to do with that bullshit, so YES, THAT is a deflection.

My comment has just as much to do with the topic as yours:

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.30  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.2.29    3 years ago

Which was a direct reply to your post claiming that the residents were pissed at their reps.

Are their reps Republicans? No, then your comment isn;t on topic.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.31  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.19    3 years ago

Mostly it is white liberals who don't like it. Venice is only made up of 5 percent black, so it is likely the white liberals feel that is enough (translation....too many).

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.2.32  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.30    3 years ago
Which was a direct reply to your post claiming that the residents were pissed at their reps.

As was mine. 

Are their reps Republicans?

Actually, YES, some of them are. 

No, then your comment isn;t on topic.

jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.33  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.2.32    3 years ago
As was mine. 

You replied to yourself? Weird shit.

Actually, YES, some of them are. 

Which ones?

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
4.2.34  goose is back  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.6    3 years ago
And try to cut down on minority voting. 

"No"  John, you keep pushing the narrative that people of color can't figure out how to get a photo I D. 

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.2.35  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.33    3 years ago

Go look it up Tex, you seem to have plenty of time on your hands. I'm busy reading the DOJ filing against Texas. So far it's a humdinger...

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.2.36  Dulay  replied to  goose is back @4.2.34    3 years ago

Strawman fallacy. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.37  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @4.2.35    3 years ago

Yawn, just more boring crap.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5  Sparty On    3 years ago

Californians deserve what they get if they reelect that dimbulb.

Last person out of California .... don't forget to turn out the lights .... that is if the power hasn't already been disconnected for lack of payment ....

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.1  pat wilson  replied to  Sparty On @5    3 years ago

It's not an election, it's a recall. What were you saying about dimbulbs ?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  pat wilson @5.1    3 years ago

It's both

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @5.1    3 years ago
It's not an election, it's a recall. What were you saying about dimbulbs ?

So, if the recall is successful, Californians won't be electing a new governor on that same ballot?

[Deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.1    3 years ago

No you see it's not a Recall Election, it's a Recall nana nana boo boo.   

Get recalled and stick your head in dog poo

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.1.4  pat wilson  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.1    3 years ago

only if Newsome loses the recall

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.1.5  pat wilson  replied to  Sparty On @5.1.3    3 years ago

It's pointless deal with such childish mentality. Have a nice day.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  pat wilson @5.1.5    3 years ago

Surrender accepted, you have a wonderful day as well and a pleasant tomorrow

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @5    3 years ago
Last person out of California .... don't forget to turn out the lights ...

When the last right wing religious conservative bigot leaves CA it will be a great day and we'll still have 40 million residents with an annual GDP larger than most countries including Russia. Yes, we have fires and earthquakes, but we also have beautiful coastlines, majestic mountains, cities and communities who embrace progress and progressive ideals, equality, innovation, entrepreneur's, one third of the entire nations produce, tech industries and a thriving tourism industry. Just because some backwater hillbilly red States that have to rely on the federal government just to survive are jealous, that won't be turning off our lights as CA shifts to renewable energy sources and has the money to rebuild the 70+ year old power grid and infrastructure.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.2    3 years ago

You mean the power grid that has rolling blackouts for years?

And the progressive policies that have resulted in a huge homeless population there?

The roaring economy is only good for the very rich, because if you don't make at least $150k per year, you will never afford a house in the Bay Area or LA area.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.2    3 years ago

The sooner that happens the better.   The sooner you get that shit-hole to yourselves, the sooner it crashes and burns completely.

And don't come to the Fed to be bailed out when it happens.   No no no ..... simmer in your own juices and figure it out for yourselves.

It will be fun watching all those liberal pensioners revolting when their pension checks bounce ..... ah yes .... good times to look forward to .... when the left coast sanctimonious pricks get their comeuppance.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.1    3 years ago

It's so great in California people and businesses are leaving in droves.

Yeah, come out to the coast,  have a few laughs .....

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5.2.4  Gazoo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.2    3 years ago

Renewable energy sources? Good luck with that. Solar works half a 24 hour cycle and when its cloudy output is diminished. Wind only puts out when,,,,,,,it’s windy. Hydro, look at lake mead levels. Combine all three and its not nearly enough to power california. 

Dulay
Professor Guide
5.2.5  Dulay  replied to  Gazoo @5.2.4    3 years ago

You may want to research these new fangled thingies called batteries. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Gazoo @5.2.4    3 years ago
Renewable energy sources? Good luck with that.

" In 2018, renewable energy accounted for  32.35%   2   of all  of California's in-state energy generation. This was made up by 3.03% biomass, 5.92% geothermal, 2.18% small-scale hydropower, 13.99% solar, and 7.23% wind energy."

Nearly one third of our in-State produced energy is already from renewable sources and that is growing daily. When the useless climate change denying dipshits are choking on fumes and poisoned ground water while their homes flood, again, due to increase hurricanes in their Red States and begging to buy power from CA in a decade or two we'll be sure to remind them that they dug their own graves.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5.2.7  Gazoo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.2.6    3 years ago

What are the dipshits going to do when they suddenly realize they are 2/3 short of supplying their energy needs? Or maybe those dipshits are like dr jill (lol) and fractions are nothing but jumbled numbers that mean nothing? Talk about selling electricity to other states while still having rolling blackouts is fools talk.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2.8  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Gazoo @5.2.7    3 years ago
What are the dipshits going to do when they suddenly realize they are 2/3 short of supplying their energy needs?

I take it you didn't read the part where I said renewable energy production and investment in CA is "growing daily". We're already past the 1/3 mark, soon it will be 1/2 and not too far from that we will have 100% renewable energy while the Red States are still sucking the teat of dirty fossil fuels, which explains the dirty toothless gaping mouths of their ignorant but loyal addict's who continue to deny reality.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5.2.9  Gazoo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.2.8    3 years ago

Yeah, i saw that. But maybe the gap toothed mouth breathers should pull their heads out of their asses and ask themselves “how reliable is renewable energy?” The two biggest,,,,solar only works 1/2 of a 24 hour cycle. And output is diminished by cloud cover. Wind only works when, hopefully this doesn’t soar over some heads, when it’s windy. Like i said it’ll be a long long time till any place relies 100% on renewable energy.

Dulay
Professor Guide
5.2.10  Dulay  replied to  Gazoo @5.2.9    3 years ago

Still haven't researched to new fangled battery thingies I see.

What power do you use to start your car? 

Does your radio work after you turn your car off? 

Do you OWN a flashlight? 

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5.2.11  Gazoo  replied to  Dulay @5.2.10    3 years ago

Lol, a guy who calls a device a “thingy” is going to talk about about renewable energy. Have a good night.

Dulay
Professor Guide
5.2.12  Dulay  replied to  Gazoo @5.2.11    3 years ago

A guy who is desperate not to acknowledge the integral function of batteries in solar and wind energy storage has no room to talk. 

BTW, instead of a vowel, buy a sense of humor. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2.13  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Gazoo @5.2.9    3 years ago
“how reliable is renewable energy?”

Ah yes, the question that dirty non-renewable marketing groups have engineered to manipulate dumb fuck morons to distrust renewable energy sources and keep those dumb fucks sucking at the teat of their cheap and dirty fossil fuels. As pointed out but completely ignored is that the "two biggest", solar and wind energy, can be harnessed while they work into battery banks that can be used not only during the day and when winds are high but at night and low wind periods. And of course those aren't the only renewable energy sources available, if we just keep increasing our renewable generation and advancing technology in those fields we will overcome any non-renewable resource options.

To keep betting on non-renewables means you're either a total dumb fuck or you work for or are connected to the non-renewable resource collection industry and are desperate to keep it going simply because you're too fucking stupid to re-train into the growing green industry markets making wind turbines, biomass, geothermal, hydropower, solar panels and the batteries wherein renewable energies store their energy.

Dip shits and morons will likely point out that currently the most prolific renewable energy sources only work under certain conditions, sun and high winds, but they really ought to do some fucking research into the wide range of renewable energy options and stop acting so surprised when renewable energies kick their useless asses, "What!?!" energy can be stored to use during peak hours? And even at night and in low winds?  Who'd a thunk it!?!". /s

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6  Tessylo    3 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  Tessylo    3 years ago

Dream on about regaining the majority  next year alleged 'conservatives'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

Guess which of the two the national media will obsess over and make a villain of?

1  A teenage boy who smiles at a man who invades his personal space as another adult tells him to go back to where he came from.

2.  A white woman who puts on a gorilla mask to throw an egg at a black political candidate.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @8    3 years ago

Well if Elder can't take the heat or heckling - he needs to stay out of the goddamned kitchen.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tessylo @8.1    3 years ago
ll if Elder can't take the heat or heckling - he needs to stay out of the goddamned kitchen.  

Way to miss the point as thoroughly as a point can be missed. . 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  Tessylo    3 years ago

What did the maga-ite/whatshisname wannabe hope to accomplish where the majority of these folks were homeless?

What point was that??????????????????????????