╌>

Donald Trump Accuses Joe Biden of Using Teleprompter: 'So Sad For Our Country'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  22 comments

By:   Darragh Roche (MSN)

Donald Trump Accuses Joe Biden of Using Teleprompter: 'So Sad For Our Country'
The former president has also criticized Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama for the use of teleprompters.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former President Donald Trump has accused President Joe Biden of relying on a teleprompter and said it's "so sad" for the United States. He also suggested other world leaders are not "inspired" in meetings with Biden.

© ERIC BARADAT/AFP/Getty Images Former US President Donald Trump, flanked by advisors, reads from the teleprompter as he addresses the situation with Iran in the Grand Foyer of the White House in Washington, DC, January 8, 2020. Trump has criticized President Joe Biden for using a teleprompter.

Trump made the comments in an interview with Fox News' Greg Gutfeld where he also said Biden was being given "soft questions" by the media that he wasn't answering well.

The former president has frequently criticized his political opponents for the use of teleprompters and complained about having to use them himself, though Trump has read from teleprompters in the past.

Trump said: "When I see a man say a few words, not necessarily well, and turn around walk away. But I see him walk away and he never answers a question. And they're soft questions."

He went on to comment on Biden's use of a teleprompter.

"When you ask a question and then you see him read the answer off the teleprompter. That means he knows what's going on. He'll call—let's see, they told me to ask so-and-so, to ask a question. It's so sad for our country," Trump said.

Trump went on to say that other world leaders, such as Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping, wouldn't be "inspired" when first lady Jill Biden says "Come here, Joe" at events.

Teleprompters have been a subject of Trump's criticism for some time. He's specifically taken aim at former President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for using the machines.

In a speech in South Carolina in July 2016, as he was campaigning in the presidential election, Trump said of teleprompters: "I don't like them. They're too easy."

"Other people use teleprompters. Maybe when you run, you shouldn't be allowed to use a teleprompter, because you find out what you're getting," he said.

Trump even suggested teleprompters should be banned from the presidential campaign

"I say we should outlaw teleprompters for anybody, right? For anybody running for president. Do you know how easy that would be? Instead of this. I'm working my a** off, OK?" Trump said during a speech in Iowa in August of that year.

During the 2020 campaign, Trump criticized Biden for using a teleprompter despite the fact Trump was making the remarks in front of teleprompters.

"I'm watching what they're doing with Biden where he's using teleprompters," Trump said, and then attempted to imitate Biden, saying: "Move it up, move it up, I can't see."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

My dude needs to shut his pie hole.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

So fucking what if Joe does use a teleprompter?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.1    3 years ago

[deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.2  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.1    3 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.1    3 years ago

[deleted]

Professor Guide
1.1.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @1.1.2    3 years ago
removed for context

You knew what she meant.  Behave or shove off, Shorty.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.5  bugsy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.4    3 years ago

Preciate it if you referenced me by my screen [name,deleted]

BTW...I'm 6'2  Hardly a "shorty".

Professor Guide
1.1.6  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @1.1.5    3 years ago

Piss off, Pappy?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.7  bugsy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.6    3 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.1    3 years ago

I was referring to trumpturd in comment 1.1.1

Professor Guide
2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

In addition:

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2    3 years ago

I can't stand to hear the idiot speak. His voice is irritating, and his inability to form words properly, much less pronounce them properly, really is both infantile and disgusting. Especially, when speaking in front of so called intelligent people. But, those who rally around him shows how illiterate they are as well.

Professor Guide
2.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Raven Wing @2.1    3 years ago
But, those who rally around him shows how illiterate they are as well.

I noticed that, too.  I can understand why Melania is able stand behind him smiling like her husband is the original poet laureate of the English language, but how can all those supporters behind him keep straight freaking faces when he says things like transpants and infantroopens. 

On a related note, I never understood how Rudy G. could fart (twice) while speaking publicly, and not a single person around him bust out laughing.  Or for that matter, how could those around him, especially those who could clearly see the hair dye running down his face not create some kind of diversion and clean that mess up?  Were I standing behind him, I'd slip a note to an assistant telling them to dash to the back of the room and start screaming like a banshee.  While heads are turned, take two quick swipes on each side of his face, and Bob's your uncle. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    3 years ago

The best one was when he said the American Revolutionary War troops captured the airports. 

Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

Certainly one of my personal favorites.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Trump has inserted himself into the news every day this week. 

He is running for president right now. What else does he have to do that is as much fun for him? 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1  Gsquared  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago

At this point, for Trump, it's all about grifting for money.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @4.1    3 years ago

That's all it's ever been about for that thug, grifter, gangster, steaming pile of shit

Professor Guide
4.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.1    3 years ago

I think it's why he ran for President in the first place.  Screw the honor of the office, because after all, Mar-a-Lago membership dues went from $100,000 a year, to $200,000 a year after the 2016 election.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Gsquared  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.1    3 years ago

I can't disagree with you.

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     3 years ago

All I have to say is ''covfefe that''.

Professor Guide
5.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @5    3 years ago
''covfefe that''

Yep, right up his own stankchuary.