╌>

Don McLean cut daughter off financially after her abuse claims

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  3 years ago  •  45 comments

By:   Nicki Gostin (Page Six)

Don McLean cut daughter off financially after her abuse claims
"American Pie" singer Don McLean said completely cut his daughter, Jackie, off financially after she publicly accused him of mental and emotional abuse.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Nicki Gostin

September 10, 2021 | 1:01pm

Enlarge Imagedon-mclean-00.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1 Don McLean has cut his daughter, Jackie (right), from his will.MARK VON HOLDEN/ DMI

Don McLean has sliced one of his kids out of his will.

The "American Pie" singer, 75, revealed that he cut off his daughter, Jackie McLean, financially after she gave a tell-all interview accusing him of mental and emotional abuse.

"I stopped supporting my daughter last year," Don told the Daily Mail Thursday. "I have a son [Wyatt], you know, who grew up the same way, who thinks I'm a great father and who has none of these complaints. But I said to my daughter, 'If you speak out about me and trash me, I'm going to disinherit you.'"

When Jackie, 31, did just that in June, telling Rolling Stone that "there was a constant state of fear" in their house growing up, Don told her she could say goodbye to his fortune.

"She's been automatically disinherited — that's almost a $3 million trust fund that went down the tubes," he told the British newspaper. "I've always supported my daughter — $30,000, $40,000, $50,000 a year, doubling her husband's salary. I wanted to make sure the grandkids had everything they wanted."

During her interview in June, Jackie, who is a singer for indie rock duo Roan Yellowthorn, alleged her dad would "turn into a crazy person" over the slightest things when she was a child.

"If somebody moved an item in the house and he didn't know where it was, then he would go on a rampage for hours," she claimed to Rolling Stone. "And everyone was just constantly on edge because it was chaos."

Don vehemently denied Jackie's accusations, claiming he had been a loving father who always supported his daughter — until he cut her off.

Getty Images

Jackie's mother, Patrisha McLean, was Don's second wife. They were married from 1987 to 2016 and also share son Wyatt.

The exes' marriage imploded when Don was arrested and charged with misdemeanor domestic violence. He pleaded guilty to four of six charges as part of a plea agreement and did not receive any jail time.

In her police statement, Patrisha claimed: "Don terrorized me for four hours until the 911 call that I think might have saved my life. He was scaring me with the intensity of his rage and the craziness in his eyes."

Don has now claimed to the Daily Mail that he "endured physical attacks" from Patrisha and left their marriage because he wanted "to do something else with this last chapter" of his life.

Patrisha denied the latest allegations, telling the paper, "This is coercion. This is what domestic abusers do."

OConnor/AFF-USA.com / MEGA

He is now dating Paris Dylan, a voluptuous 27-year-old aspiring model.

Don gloated that Dylan "loves to wear a bikini, but I think she's the greatest pin-up girl in America, and I tell her that all the time.

"Of course, it drives my ex-wife and my daughter bananas, but I don't care because they don't care about me."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    3 years ago

McLean comes off as a bit of a monster herein...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1    3 years ago

His money to do with as he wishes.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    3 years ago

Did I mention money? He comes off as a jerk...

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  mocowgirl  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    3 years ago
His money to do with as he wishes.

Exactly and he is spending it on the toys that really matter to him.

He is now dating Paris Dylan, a voluptuous 27-year-old aspiring model.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    3 years ago

Uh, your seeded article mentions it prominently.

Is that no longer the topic?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  mocowgirl @1.1.2    3 years ago

Nothing at all wrong with that.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.3    3 years ago

So, if you cannot get anyone, even a con, to pay attention to your articles you troll mine?

[deleted]

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  mocowgirl  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    3 years ago
He comes off as a jerk...

He presents himself as having an unhealthy amount of narcissism.  Maybe even having narcissist personality disorder.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  mocowgirl @1.1.6    3 years ago

He may be suffering early onset dementia...

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  mocowgirl  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    3 years ago
Nothing at all wrong with that.

Eww...gross!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.5    3 years ago

removed for context

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  mocowgirl @1.1.8    3 years ago

probably not for him, and that is really all it should matter to.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.11  seeder  JBB  replied to  mocowgirl @1.1.8    3 years ago

Yes, McLean's girlfriend is younger than his daughter. He may be being manipulated...

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.12  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.9    3 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.12    3 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.14  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.13    3 years ago

[deleted]

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.1.15  mocowgirl  replied to  JBB @1.1.7    3 years ago
He may be suffering early onset dementia..

When he was terrorizing his young daughter and (ex)wife?  No.  Dementia may make some people mean as snakes in their elderly years, but abusers (including narcissists) are usually so adept at choosing their victims that the victims keep their silence until either the abuser kills them or the abuser dies. 

Maybe someday, domestic abuse in the US will be addressed on a meaningful level instead of blaming the victim and/or making excuses for the abuser.  

It takes guts to speak out against abusers - be they narcissistic, psychopathic, borderline or some combination of the preceding. 

I am not going to dishonor the victim by making any excusers for the abuser.

I have spent close to 2 years researching narcissist personality disorder in order to understand why some people do not have one iota of compassion for others.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.1.16  mocowgirl  replied to  JBB @1.1.11    3 years ago
He may be being manipulated...

And you believe this based on what evidence?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.17  seeder  JBB  replied to  mocowgirl @1.1.16    3 years ago

He is old and has money he was leaving to his children which I suspect his young GF hated...

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.1.18  mocowgirl  replied to  JBB @1.1.17    3 years ago
He is old and has money he was leaving to his children which I suspect his young GF hated...

His own words show he has no remorse for the damage his temper fits have done to his daughter and ex-spouse.

His own words show his grandiose pride in acquiring a pet young enough to be his granddaughter.

McLean's own words place him on pretty much on the same personality scale as Donald Trump.

His GF is just the flavor of the moment and will be discarded when she is no longer pleasing to him - the same as his daughter.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JBB @1    3 years ago

Two sides to every story.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2    3 years ago

I admired McLean for his talent, but he comes across in this story as old, mean and vindictive.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
2  mocowgirl    3 years ago
 But I said to my daughter, 'If you speak out about me and trash me, I'm going to disinherit you.'"

Admitted publicly to using threats to silence daughter instead of admitting he could have anger/control issues.

When Jackie, 31, did just that in June, telling Rolling Stone that "there was a constant state of fear" in their house growing up, Don told her she could say goodbye to his fortune. "She's been automatically disinherited — that's almost a $3 million trust fund that went down the tubes," he told the British newspaper.

I can relate to Jackie.  I had a similar childhood.  When I escaped, my "parents" tried to tell me how much they would have done for me if I had only put up their abuse.  Some people aren't for sale.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  mocowgirl @2    3 years ago
Admitted publicly to using threats to silence daughter instead of admitting he could have anger/control issues.

Actually, he presented her with choices.

She now will have to live with the consequences of her decisions.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    3 years ago
She now will have to live with the consequences of her decisions.

And happily so, no doubt.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Gsquared @2.1.1    3 years ago

Indeed.  She didn't give a flying fart about the money.  Otherwise, she would have remained silent about the abuse.

Professor Guide
2.1.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    3 years ago
Actually, he presented her with choices.

A traditional, seemingly non-threatening phrase with just a touch of an unpleasant undertone.  Abusers always have a habit of dressing up their behavior with such descriptions.  I find it interesting that you used it here.

In this case, the translation is:  Talk about my terrorizing the household and assaulting your mother (to which I pleaded guilty to 4 counts and therefore avoided jail time), and Miss Way Too Short For Her Brand New Enormous Boob-job gets not only your [surprisingly small] inheritance, but the money I provide for my grandchildren's enjoyment and benefit.   

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  mocowgirl  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.3    3 years ago
In this case, the translation is:  Talk about my terrorizing the household and assaulting your mother (to which I pleaded guilty to 4 counts and therefore avoided jail time), and Miss Way Too Short For Her Brand New Enormous Boob-job gets not only your [surprisingly small] inheritance, but the money I provide for my grandchildren's enjoyment and benefit. 

Nailed it.

McLean is an abuser.

Why are people making up excuses for abuse?  Where is the understanding and compassion for the victims?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @2.1.1    3 years ago

That's all up to her, but apparently it will have to be without her daddy's money.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.3    3 years ago
A traditional, seemingly non-threatening phrase with just a touch of an unpleasant undertone.  Abusers always have a habit of dressing up their behavior with such descriptions.  I find it interesting that you used it here.

I really don't care for what you seem to be implying without actually coming out and saying it.

He told her what the consequences of her actions would be, and she made her choice knowing full well what it meant.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.5    3 years ago

It seems like the status of her daddy's money is of more significance to you than it is to her.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @2.1.7    3 years ago

It apparently is news, hence the seeded article.

I don't make the news.

I really don't care about other people's money, I think they should do whatever the hell they want with their own money.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I always liked Don Mc Lean as a singer songwriter, and not just for American Pie.  He has kept working throughout his life as an exceptional talent in his field and I think he has been greatly under appreciated. 

That said, we dont really know anything about the personal lives of entertainers until and unless we do, and this story does not seem to paint him in a very good light.  Sorry to hear about it all. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @3    3 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 years ago

This is the girlfriend

Paris-Dylan-hot-leg-1.jpg

I have serious doubts if she loves Don McLean other than for whatever money he may have (I dont think he's particularly rich) .   

Sad story. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago
  1. ...

May 14, 2021  ·   Don McLean net worth: Don McLean   is an American singer-songwriter who has a  net worth  of $50 million.   Don McLean   is most famous for his 1971 album "American Pie" …

• Net Worth:   $50 Million
    • Date of Birth:   Oct 2, 1945 (75 years old)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    3 years ago

thats more money than i thought he had. the young girlfriend is a gold digger

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    3 years ago

Somehow she became internet famous because people were stealing her pictures and using them on different sites to catfish people.

Naturally (look at her, lol ) she ended up on Catfish with Nev not once, but twice, boosting her "modeling" career

as people repeatedly used her pictures as their own.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  mocowgirl  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    3 years ago
the young girlfriend is a gold digger

The old man is a disgusting POS.

zuksam
Junior Silent
4.1.4  zuksam  replied to  mocowgirl @4.1.3    3 years ago
the young girlfriend is a gold digger
The old man is a disgusting POS.

Both statements are likely true so it's a good match. The way I see it is she's selling it and he can afford to buy it, I doubt either is being fooled by the other. The fact is when you have $50 million or more an ugly woman ten years your senior can still use you just for your money, at least Don knows where he stands in this relationship.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago

She looks great!

Professor Guide
5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Comb-over Pappy makin' a straight-up fool out of himself.

ccelebritiesfotoLB-COMP-GIRL.jpg

That fact aside, he can do whatever he wants with his money.  But I don't doubt for an instant that he was (and still is) exactly as his daughter said he was (and still is).  

And this:

Don gloated that Dylan "loves to wear a bikini, but I think she's the greatest pin-up girl in America, and I tell her that all the time.

"Of course, it drives my ex-wife and my daughter bananas..."

...is creepy.  Why would he include his daughter in that comment?

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
5.1  mocowgirl  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5    3 years ago
Why would he include his daughter in that comment?

Grandiose narcissism and lack of boundary issues among other things.

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    3 years ago

He sounds like a complete asshole.

The way he is trying to control his daughter is disgusting.

Now he is an old perv.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @6    3 years ago

How is he controlling her