╌>

Joe Rogan Posted A Video Comparing Vaccine Mandates To The Holocaust

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  34 comments

By:   Josh KurpTwitter (UPROXX)

Joe Rogan Posted A Video Comparing Vaccine Mandates To The Holocaust
Joe Rogan's just asking questions. Dangerous, dangerous questions.

VIDEO AT SEED LINK

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Joe Rogan, the popular podcast host who would rather take horse medicine than get vaccinated (but don't make fun of him for it, or he'll threaten to sue), posted a video to his Instagram on Monday that compared vaccine mandates to the Holocaust.

"As soon as you give politicians power, any kind of power that didn't exist previously, if they can figure out a way to force you into carrying something that lets you enter businesses or lets you do this or lets businesses open, historically, they are not gonna give that power up," Rogan lectured over images of "sorry, we're closed" signs, Jesus Christ carrying a cross, and Arnold Schwarzenegger saying "I'll be back" from The Terminator, for some reason. But most concerning is the footage of the Holocaust.

The video continues on for a minute after this, using, among other things, imagery of Hitler and Black American citizens being attacked by police as the music reaches a feverish crescendo and Rogan proclaims that anything inhibiting freedom is un-American.

The video was put together by Samuel Rivera Films, which helps "brands, businesses, and entrepreneurs tell their story." This story involves stock footage of a bald eagle.

View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Joe Rogan (@joerogan)

Rogan's monologue is from an August episode of The Joe Rogan Experience, where he declared that vaccine passports have made the United States "one step closer" to a dictatorship. "As soon as you put the boots to them, as soon as you tell them, 'You have to do this, or you can't do that. You have to listen to me,' now you have a mini dictator. You have one step away from a king. One step closer. You're moving one step closer to dictatorship. That's what the f*ck is happening," he said. "That's what going to happen with the vaccine passport. That's what's going to happen if they close borders, you can't enter New York City unless you have your papers, you can't go to here unless you have that, you can't get on a plane unless you do what I say."

This is not what is happening, but at least Rogan doesn't have a major platform with millions of listeners and 13.2 Instagram followers. Oh… right.

Ivermectin advocate Joe Rogan is currently comparing COVID vaccine mandates to the holocaust and Nazi Germany on Instagram. Joe's "just asking questions" schtick about vaccines during a deadly pandemic continues to be incredibly disingenuous and dangerous. pic.twitter.com/V5d8PbTHNc
— Nathan Bernard (@nathanTbernard) September 27, 2021

(Via Vice)

Join Discussion⇤ BackSign UpSign In

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

In this video Joe Rogan , very emphatically , says that every fucking country in world history , prior to 1776, was run by a dictator.  That is not true. 

Joe Rogan is a libertarian,  a social system that is completely unworkable in the 21st century. 

He has also taken to proclaiming that Trump will win the 2024 presidential election easily.  Rogan seems to be trying to consolidate his position vis a vis the right wing wackos that compete for the same audience. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago
"As soon as you give politicians power, any kind of power that didn't exist previously, if they can figure out a way to force you into carrying something that lets you enter businesses or lets you do this or lets businesses open, historically, they are not gonna give that power up,"

Do you disagree with that statement ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  GregTx @1.1    3 years ago

This is not the first time there have been mandatory vaccines, nor the first time the government can tell you what to do. 

Try not paying your income tax for a few years. 

Try driving without a license. 

Try dodging the draft at a time when it is in force. 

Children must either be vaccinated for childhood diseases or stay out of public (or private) schools. 

Break a criminal law and the government will control your body real good , with prison. Or in rare cases by injecting your body with a lethal dose of chemicals as punishment for murder. 

If you enter the military, you will receive inoculations whether you want them or not. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.2  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    3 years ago
This is not the first time there have been mandatory vaccines, nor the first time the government can tell you what to do. 

Federally mandated vaccines for citizens? Yeah it is.

Try not paying your income tax for a few years. 

Try driving without a license. 

Try dodging the draft at a time when it is in force.

And yet people still do those things. I'm not sure what your point is with those examples. Punishment?

Break a criminal law and the government will control your body real good , with prison. Or in rare cases by injecting your body with a lethal dose of chemicals as punishment for murder.  If you enter the military, you will receive inoculations whether you want them or not. 

That's their jobs. Since you didn't answer my first question......let me ask you another. Have you ever in your life had to present your shot record to order food?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  GregTx @1.1.2    3 years ago

I think this is the first time people have refused to be vaccinated during an epidemic. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Gordy327  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    3 years ago
I think this is the first time people have refused to be vaccinated during an epidemic. 

I know, right? It makes no sense whatsoever. Such stupidity will lead to people dying.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.5  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    3 years ago

While I am admittedly cynical, at times, about the average intelligence of my fellow citizens. I don't think this is the first time in history that groups of people have refused to be vaccinated.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.6  Gordy327  replied to  GregTx @1.1.2    3 years ago
Federally mandated vaccines for citizens? Yeah it is.

Wrong! Refer to Jacobson v. Massachusetts (1905). Vaccination mandates are a good thing and becoming increasingly necessary to combat the pandemic. Of course, mandates wouldn't even be an issue if people got vaccinated to begin with rather than trying to irrationally fight them.

And yet people still do those things. I'm not sure what your point is with those examples. Punishment?

All those things incur punishments to varying degrees. Yes, people will still violate laws. But that doesn't mean there shouldn't be consequences for doing so.

Have you ever in your life had to present your shot record to order food?

I had to present it to enter school. I don't see why it couldn't apply to other establishments. Establishments with a minimum age requirement require proof of identification before entry. Proof of vaccination isn't much different.

I don't think this is the first time in history that groups of people have refused to be vaccinated.

Peoples stupidity seems to be a constant. Especially in this day and age.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.7  GregTx  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.6    3 years ago
Wrong! Refer to Jacobson v. Massachusetts(1905).

What does that have to do with the Federal governments ability to mandate vaccinations for the citizenry?

I had to present it to enter school.

Yes because of state laws and you weren't required to for anything else were you?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.8  Gordy327  replied to  GregTx @1.1.7    3 years ago

Did you even bother reading the SCOTUS case?

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.9  GregTx  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.8    3 years ago
The Supreme Court had no difficulty upholding the state’s power to grant the board of health authority to order a general vaccination program during an epidemic. No one disputed, and the Constitution confirmed, that states retained all the sovereign authority they had not ceded to the national government in the Constitution. 19– 23 There had never been any doubt that, subject to constitutional limitations, states had authority to legislate with respect to all matters within their geographic boundaries, or to police their internal affairs, which Chief Justice Marshall referred to as the “police power.”

Yes, it upheld the states right to implement vaccine programs. Could you point out where it also granted that control to the Federal government please? Or what that has to do with having to show your "papers" to get a burger?

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.10  GregTx  replied to  GregTx @1.1    3 years ago

?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.11  Split Personality  replied to  GregTx @1.1.9    3 years ago
Or what that has to do with having to show your "papers" to get a burger?

No shirt, no service.

No shoes, no burger, perfectly normal every day events

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.13  GregTx  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.11    3 years ago

Really? I've been carded for booze and smokes but never for walking into a Wendy's and ordering a triple...

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.14  Gordy327  replied to  GregTx @1.1.9    3 years ago
The Supreme Court had no difficulty upholding the state’s power to grant the board of health authority to order a general vaccination program during an epidemic. No one disputed, and the Constitution confirmed, that states retained all the sovereign authority they had not ceded to the national government in the Constitution.   19–   23   There had never been any doubt that, subject to constitutional limitations, states had authority to legislate with respect to all matters within their geographic boundaries, or to police their internal affairs, which Chief Justice Marshall referred to as the “police power.”

Justice John Marshall Harlan acknowledged the fundamental importance of personal freedom, but also recognized that “the rights of the individual in respect of his liberty may at times, under the pressure of great dangers, be subjected to such restraint, to be enforced by reasonable regulations, as the safety of the general public may demand.”

This decision established what became known as the “reasonableness” test. The government had the authority to pass laws that restricted individual liberty, if those restrictions—including the punishment for violating them—were found by the Court to be a reasonable means for achieving a public good.

Yes, it upheld the states right to implement vaccine programs. Could you point out where it also granted that control to the Federal government please?

Do you not understand that case established a legal precedent where the government can impose vaccine mandates? The only difference now is that there is currently no federal law (yet) imposing vaccine mandates. However, the federal government can possibly mandate vaccinations under Section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (PHSA).

Or what that has to do with having to show your "papers" to get a burger?

Such businesses can impose that requirement just as they can require ID.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.4    3 years ago

It has lead to people dying - thousands upon thousands.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  GregTx @1.1.13    3 years ago

How stupid.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.17  Gordy327  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.15    3 years ago

And yet, some people refuse to learn and remain willfully ignorant. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.18  GregTx  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.16    3 years ago

Yes it is.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.19  Split Personality  replied to  GregTx @1.1.13    3 years ago
Really?

Yes, really...

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.20  GregTx  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.14    3 years ago
Such businesses can impose that requirement just as they can require ID

And yet businesses aren't the ones imposing that requirement, are they?

Role of the Federal Government 
Federal jurisdiction over public health matters derives from the Commerce Clause, which states that Congress shall have the power “[t]o regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States....”72 Thus, under the Public Health Service Act, the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services has authority to make and enforce regulations necessary “to prevent the introduction, transmission, or spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the States or possessions, or from one State or possession into any other State or possession.”73 With regard to interstate commerce, the Public Health Service Act deals primarily with the use of quarantine and isolation measures to halt the spread of certain communicable diseases.74 No mandatory vaccination programs are specifically authorized, nor do there appear to be any regulations regarding the implementation of a mandatory vaccination program at the federal level during a public health emergency.75 With regard to foreign countries, the Secretary has the power to restrict the entry of groups of aliens for public health reasons.76 This power includes the authority to issue vaccination requirements for immigrants seeking entry into the United States. Currently, certain vaccines specified in statute, and other vaccines recommended by the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices for the general U.S. population, are required for immigrants who seek permanent residence in the United States, and people currently living in the United States who seek to adjust their status to become permanent residents.

Mandatory Vaccinations: Precedent and Current Laws (fas.org)

I don't think so. It established precedent for the states not the Feds.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.21  Gordy327  replied to  GregTx @1.1.20    3 years ago
And yet businesses aren't the ones imposing that requirement, are they?

Some businesses do. Others can if they so choose. That's the point!

I don't think so. It established precedent for the states not the Feds.

You ignored the part where I explained how the federal government can do so. As it stands, the federal government has only issues executive orders for vaccinations. Established legal precedent can also be used to argue a federal mandate.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.22  GregTx  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.21    3 years ago
Some businesses do. Others can if they so choose. That's the point!

Yes, they can but thats not what I was talking about.

the Public Health Service Act deals primarily with the use of quarantine and isolation measures to halt the spread of certain communicable diseases. No mandatory vaccination programs are specifically authorized, nor do there appear to be any regulations regarding the implementation of a mandatory vaccination program at the federal level during a public health emergency.

And you ignored that I don't think they can. If you would like to point out where you think that authority comes from I would like to read it.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.23  Gordy327  replied to  GregTx @1.1.22    3 years ago
Yes, they can but thats not what I was talking about.

You asked if business were imposing vaccination requirements. I provided the answer. Plain and simple.

And you ignored that I don't think they can. If you would like to point out where you think that authority comes from I would like to read it.

I explained the basis on which they could have the authority. Whether it can actually be enacted and enforced (outside of executive order) is a different matter.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.24  GregTx  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.23    3 years ago
You asked if business were imposing vaccination requirements. I provided the answer. Plain and simple.

No, I didn't.

I explained the basis on which they could have the authority.

Yes and I explained that they couldn't, in my opinion, based upon what you've said thus far.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.25  Gordy327  replied to  GregTx @1.1.24    3 years ago
No, I didn't.

You're question from your post 1.1.20, "And yet businesses aren't the ones imposing that requirement, are they?" To which I replied some do and even provided a link to support my answer.

Yes and I explained that they couldn't, in my opinion, based upon what you've said thus far.

Your opinion is noted.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

WTF is wrong with him?  He's a freaking whackjob.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2  Tacos!    3 years ago
"As soon as you give politicians power, any kind of power that didn't exist previously,

Well Dumbass (I’m sorry, Mister Dumbass), Government has had the power to compel vaccination for over a hundred years, so this isn’t a power that didn’t exist previously.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Without limitations on freedom, there would be chaos.  The problem is that people are expected to use common sense - what a fucking joke THAT is, eh.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
4.1  Gordy327  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4    3 years ago

People do not seem to realize that freedom is not an absolute and there are responsibilities which come with it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    3 years ago

240905145_10222955767035634_1951224123242791790_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=C2ESrCYh5OUAX_1JR_l&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=327393350e77fd3b7e5e15736dc0af8a&oe=617977A9

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
6  Duck Hawk    3 years ago

Republican's will not hold power again if they keep dying off like that.... jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  Duck Hawk @6    3 years ago

Wrong prediction #2669.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

I think that anyone who trivializes The Holocaust, such as this person,  or the persons who have been wearing yellow stars as a protest to vaccination should be forced to spend a week in Auschvitz.