╌>

Mike Pence just said something absolutely ridiculous about January 6

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  32 comments

By:   MSN

Mike Pence just said something absolutely ridiculous about January 6
Mike Pence showed Monday night that he is willing to say almost anything to get back in Donald Trump's good graces.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Mike Pence showed Monday night that he is willing to say almost anything to get back in Donald Trump's good graces.

© Chris Carlson/Pool/Getty Images CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA - AUGUST 24: President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence give a thumbs up after speaking on the first day of the Republican National Convention at the Charlotte Convention Center on August 24, 2020 in Charlotte, North Carolina. The four-day event is themed "Honoring the Great American Story." (Photo by Chris Carlson-Pool/Getty Images)

Appearing on Sean Hannity's show on Fox News, the former vice president was asked about his relationship with the 45th president -- particularly in light of his refusal to overturn the 2020 election as Trump had suggested on January 6.

Here's his answer (bolding is mine):

"Look, you can't spend almost five years in a political fox hole without somebody -- without -- without developing a strong relationship. And you know, January 6 was a tragic day in the history of our Capitol building.

"But thanks to the efforts of Capitol Hill police, federal officials, the Capitol was secured. We finished our work. And the president and I sat down a few days later and talked through all of it.

"I can tell you that we parted amicably at the end of the administration, and we've talked a number of times since we both left office.

"But -- but I believe that our entire focus today should be on the future. I've campaigned a couple of times for Glenn Youngkin who will be a great governor in the state of Virginia. I've been traveling all across this country helping our team running for the House and the Senate, and I'll be helping governor's candidates around America.

"So I know -- I know the media wants to distract from the Biden administration's failed agenda by focusing on one day in January. They want to use that one day to try and demean the -- the character and intentions of 74 million Americans who believe we could be strong again and prosperous again and supported our administration in 2016 and 2020."

Oh, really?

It's the media that keeps talking about "one day in January"? Because, uh, they want to distract from the struggles of President Joe Biden? And they want to "demean" the character of the people who voted for Trump?

Give. Me. A. Break.

Start here: January 6 wasn't just "one day in January," Mike Pence. It was, in fact, the first time the U.S. Capitol had been breached in more than 200 years. It was a violent insurrection aimed at overturning the certified results of a presidential election. It was the culmination of years of lies told by the Trump administration about election integrity.

As for the notion that the media has pushed January 6 as a way to distract from what is happening in the Biden administration, well, you should tell that to law enforcement. According to a database maintained by USA Today, more than 600 people in 40 states have been charged with a crime (or crimes) for their actions on January 6. More than 100 police officers were injured in the melee. Five people lost their lives that day. Many people who lived through the experience continue to struggle with the physical and emotional fallout.

Then, finally, the idea put forward by Pence that "they" -- the media? Democrats? The Deep State? -- are trying to paint all Trump supporters with the broad brush of insurrectionists because of the actions of a few.

Well, let's be clear: Trump relentlessly promoted the "Stop the Steal" rally on January 6. He and his top allies -- including former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani -- spoke at the rally. And Trump flags and paraphernalia were everywhere as the crowd stormed the Capitol.

That doesn't mean that every person who voted for Trump wanted to storm the capitol in a violent insurrection. But it does mean that more than just a few bad apples were involved in a riot aimed at trying to keep Pence from doing his Constitutional duty and affirming the results of the electoral college.

What Pence is doing here is both transparent and gross: He desperately wants to run for president in 2024 and knows he can't do that as long as he is persona non grata in Trumpworld. So, despite the fact that he didn't overturn the election results as the president wanted, Pence is now trying to find common cause with the very same people who chanted "Hang Mike Pence" as they rioted through the Capitol.

Unreal.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

How is it that the man learned absolutely nothing in the last 5 years, most notably when to stay silent?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

that thumper Q-tip is an idiot, and isn't qualified to do anything meaningful in this life, or the next...

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Veronica  replied to  devangelical @1.2    3 years ago

"Pay no attention to those insurrectionists behind the curtain...."

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.2    3 years ago

What's ridiculous is Pence asking Quayle what he should do that day.

Not what whatshisname wanted him to do for starters

Professor Guide
1.2.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @1.2    3 years ago
...isn't qualified to do anything meaningful in this life...

His resume' became null and void a year ago when he said, "To know President Trump is to know someone whose word is his bond."  Source

Professor Guide
1.2.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Veronica @1.2.1    3 years ago
"Pay no attention to those insurrectionists behind the curtain...."

Ha!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I think it is fair to say that Trump despises Pence and thinks he is a weakling. There isnt much chance Trump would greenlight a Pence presidential run in 2024. 

So what is Pence up to?

He may be betting it is ok to suck up to Trump again and get that "cred" with the Maga cult, and then further hope that Trump is in prison or under a huge legal cloud in 2024 and unable to run himself or hand pick the candidate. . 

Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago
So what is Pence up to?

That's what I want to know.  Fading from public view was his best option and he did it well.  The same can be said for a couple of others once loyal to Trump.  Why take a huge leap backwards now? 

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 years ago

we'll see how many friends trump really has when he starts touring court rooms. he's got 2+ more years to scam money from the ignorant before having to declare candidacy and that money has to be fully accounted for.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @2.2    3 years ago

All this 'campaigning' he's been doing is just his latest grift.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Mikey...Mikey...Mikey....

Why don't you tell us the real story between you and trmp? That would be so much juicier than listening to Lie #349,023

Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    3 years ago

I wonder how many times Pence has said, "What a schmuck that guy is!" to his wife as they get ready for bed at night.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3.1    3 years ago

... they don't sleep in the same room. they believe sex is for procreation only.

Professor Guide
3.1.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @3.1.1    3 years ago

I wouldn't doubt that one bit. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @3.1.1    3 years ago

And they do it with a hole in the sheet

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.3    3 years ago

LMAO, Now that is a funny reference! 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Get on your knees Pence.  That is where he wants you asshole.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    3 years ago

What ever and Mike Pence.  Simply more proof that MAGA is a social disorder.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     3 years ago

I wonder if his mommy gave him permission to speak?

Professor Guide
6.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @6    3 years ago
I wonder if his mommy gave him permission to speak?

I think the fly controls the robotics.

OIP.CAPow8zFE8YYXcIuB1OXfwHaD0?w=325&h=179&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.1&pid=1.7

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6.1    3 years ago

that fly was the operator of that walking pile of thumper bullshit.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Pence would not even get into a car after being spirited away from the traitors on Jan 6.  I think he honestly believed that Trump was going to have him driven to his death for not overturning the certification of the EC votes.  He and his wife opted to ride it out in a secure room.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
8  Ronin2    3 years ago
"So I know -- I know the media wants to distract from the Biden administration's failed agenda by focusing on one day in January. They want to use that one day to try and demean the -- the character and intentions of 74 million Americans who believe we could be strong again and prosperous again and supported our administration in 2016 and 2020."

Pence is absolutely correct. 

The media and Democrats ae fixated on Jan 6th to the exclusion of everything that Sleepy Lyin China Joe Biden is doing to destroy this country.

Imagine if Trump had abandoned US citizens in Afghanistan. It wouldn't be just Fox News showing the number of days US citizens are being held hostage. Every damn station would be. We would all be reminded 24/7 of that massive failure. Instead the main stream media doesn't even give Afghanistan a mention any more.

Think Trump would get a free pass of the current border crisis? Funny how only Fox News knew about the thousands of illegal Haitian immigrants gathering under the international bridge in Del Rio. The supposedly fake news station covered a very real story that none of the other media would touch until it had been run for a few days.

High gas prices, inflation, high unemployment, millions of unfilled jobs, Covid 19 cases spiking across the US, violent crime rising, and Biden openly defying a Supreme Court ruling. Think Trump would get a free pass the media is giving Biden on all of those?

Keep concentrating on Jan 6th. The FBI (who is no fan of Trump) already stated Trump (or his allies) had nothing to do with planning Jan 6th. It was a small amount of far alt right groups; that had loose plans on attacking the capital; but no plans of what to do once they got in.

The only "insurrection" in the world where they got bored and left. 

Professor Guide
8.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ronin2 @8    3 years ago

In regard to all those who brought spears, baseball bats, zip ties, bear spray, and wore tactical gear was just a case of great minds think alike?  Give me a break.  

Prosecutors have filed conspiracy charges against 40 of those defendants, alleging that they engaged in some degree of planning before the attack.

I wouldn't care if they filed conspiracy charges against 2 people, conspiracy is conspiracy.

But so far prosecutors have steered clear of more serious, politically-loaded charges that the sources said had been initially discussed by prosecutors, such as seditious conspiracy or racketeering.

Just because they haven't yet investigated their way to the top of the food chain, doesn't in any way indicate an end to any and all investigations relating to January 6th.

And this comment made by you:

The only "insurrection" in the world where they got bored and left.

...is straight up stupid.  If one is bored by death and serious bodily injury and over a million dollars in damages, then I would hate to learn what kind of violent insurrection would earn your concern.

It was a small amount of far alt right groups; that had loose plans on attacking the capital; but no plans of what to do once they got in.

Failing to achieve an objective doesn't mean that a plan wasn't in place to do so.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1    3 years ago

I'm pretty sure their plan was to stop the certification, wasn't it?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1    3 years ago

They seem to think that all charges should be dropped once they didn't achieve what they came there for - whatever that was.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.1    3 years ago

Naw, they were just tourists. /s

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1    3 years ago

spears, baseball bats, zip ties, bear spray, and wore tactical gear

Don't all tourists bring those things? 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1    3 years ago

No evidence of any kind of plan

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  Tessylo    3 years ago

Your usual nonsense.  Whatshisname and his domestic terrorist mob who he incited on 1/6/21 need to see justice.  That's when we'll shut up about this.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @9    3 years ago

They think we need to shut up when they are still chanting Bengazi Bengazi Bengazi.