╌>

Donald Trump Jr. Uses the Tragic Shooting of Cinematographer for a Merchandising Opportunity Mocking Alec Baldwin

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  80 comments

Donald Trump Jr. Uses the Tragic Shooting of Cinematographer for a Merchandising Opportunity Mocking Alec Baldwin

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

New Mexico authorities are still investigating the tragic death of   Halyna Hutchins , the cinematographer who was killed on the set of the movie   Rust   last week.   Alec Baldwin   reportedly fired the prop gun that killed her and injured director   Joel Souza .

In the past few days, there were a couple of   gross reactions   to the shooting, but   Donald Trump Jr.   decided to one-up them all.

The former president’s son made some jokes on Instagram about Baldwin over the horrific shooting of a young woman.

But if that wasn’t classy enough for you, Don Jr. is now selling shirts that read “Guns Don’t Kill People. Alec Baldwin Kills People.” These two images were posted to his Instagram Stories:

don-jr-shirt-1-673x1200.jpg

don-jr-shirt-2-670x1200.jpg

See, it’s funny because he’s totally roasting a political opponent over an innocent woman’s death.

And yes, this is real. As of this posting,   merch about this tragic shooting   is being sold on the Don Jr. online store.

don-jr-shirts-1200x952.jpg

On   The View   Monday,   Sunny Hostin   called out “ghouls” like Trump Jr. snarking about this tragedy.

He responded by tweeting, “The media is in full on panic mode to protect Baldwin from ANY criticism because they agree with his politics. If the shoe were on the other foot, Baldwin would be the first guy out there pissing on anyone involved & the media would be joining him.”

If you want to sell shirts mocking people you don’t like for merch, fine. That’s completely fair game. You want to sell “Let’s Go Brandon” shirts? Go ahead. You want to sell “Everyone Has a Crazy Aunt Nancy” shirts? More power to you.

Using the tragic death of an innocent woman to hawk your merchandise is sick and deranged.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Lowlife father like lowlife son. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago
Lowlife father like lowlife son.

He is just confirming what we already knew, Donald Trump doesn't give a shit about anyone not named Donald Trump. 

Not an iota of empathy or compassion in him

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

I bet the tags say MADE IN CHINA from sweat shops for about 2 bucks each.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    3 years ago

If they were, they would probably have a spelling mistake.

Hallux
Masters Principal
2.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    3 years ago

That was funny!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hallux @2.1.1    3 years ago

When they go so far as to imbed the word into the pavement, it really makes me wonder why they don't run the words by a foreign English speaker first.

zuksam
Junior Silent
2.1.3  zuksam  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.2    3 years ago

They probably did in the planning stages but obviously the Mason who laid the block couldn't read english. This is why detailed blue prints are important, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    3 years ago

Good one.jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2    3 years ago

You can never be sure, Paula.  When I first came here I heard a story that a village in China where there are a number of clothing factories changed its name to "Italy", so that its products are labelled "Made in Italy".

zuksam
Junior Silent
2.2.1  zuksam  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2    3 years ago

That must be where my Fine Italian Poly Fleece Sweatshirt comes from.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.2    3 years ago

Very inventive of them to do.  Sneaky, but inventive.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2.2    3 years ago

Talking about "sneaky", one has to be careful about Chinese advertising.  For example, they used to be able to put one drop of olive oil into a bottle of fish oil and call it an "Olive oil blend".  Now they have to list the ingredients by percentage. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
3  GregTx    3 years ago

That is just fucking disgusting. I might not agree with Alec Baldwin's politics but by all accounts that I've read he is devastated by what happened.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ozzwald  replied to  GregTx @3    3 years ago
That is just fucking disgusting. I might not agree with Alec Baldwin's politics but by all accounts that I've read he is devastated by what happened.

If things were reversed, Trump would be complaining that the gun wasn't big enough, because one of the people shot lived.

Veronica
Professor Guide
4  Veronica    3 years ago

Sick.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5  TᵢG    3 years ago

Jr. seems to have inherited the abysmal character of his father. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    3 years ago

This is pretty low. There is no specific reason to go after Baldwin at this time. This exploits a terrible tragedy, and the victims do not deserve such treatment. Finally, it was an accident and there is no reason to think Baldwin was responsible in any way. Nevertheless, I am sure he feels terrible.

There is nothing that justifies this stunt.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @6    3 years ago

From what I have seen and heard, Alec Baldwin is completely innocent.  He was doing what he was supposed to be doing at the time, shooting the prop gun at a camera during a rehearsal. He had been reassured that the gun was not loaded with a live round.  The cinematographer who was killed was behind the camera. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.1.1  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    3 years ago

Not completely innocent. How can you shoot someone f you were not aiming at them? He had to have been pointing the gun at both of the victims and pulled the trigger twice...unless the one projectile went through one and into the other victim.

I would not be surprised if Baldwin faces an involuntary manslaughter count.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  bugsy @6.1.1    3 years ago

Baldwin was, it seems, acting irresponsibly.   But he clearly thought he was holding a harmless weapon.

I am shocked that Hollywood, after all this time, does not instruct actors in the proper handling of weapons.

But worse, I cannot see how Hollywood, with all of its money, still uses real guns with fake rounds.   Given that all it takes is one to mistakenly place a live round in the 'prop' and make it a deadly weapon should be an obvious tragedy waiting to happen.

Real simple:   fabricate fake guns that cannot fire a live round.   How difficult would that be?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @6.1.1    3 years ago

I heard on Good Morning America this morning that Baldwin was handed the gun by an assistant director and told it was not loaded with live ammo. 

They were rehearsing a scene and he pointed the gun at a camera , which he was supposed to do. The cinematographer was behind the camera, and the director, who was wounded , was behind the cinematographer.  I think one shot did hit them both. 

Baldwin is not even being criminally investigated , let alone likely to be charged. 

Unless Good Morning America got the facts wrong. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.2    3 years ago

There was an "armorer" interviewed today. This position on a movie set is the person in charge of all the weapons. 

He said that there are hundreds of thousands of "prop" rounds that are shot in movies and tv shows every year. 

He did say there is a rare occasion where they need live rounds, but didnt specify.  Maybe you would use live rounds in a scene where a car gets shot up or something like that. 

The person who is going to be in trouble is the assistant director who is in charge of the safety of the weapons on the set. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.4    3 years ago
He said that there are hundreds of thousands of "prop" rounds that are shot in movies and tv shows every year.

Why not use prop guns so that live rounds could not even be chambered (much less fired)?

GregTx
PhD Guide
6.1.6  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.4    3 years ago

The armorer is ultimately in charge of the safety and instruction of weapons on the set. My understanding is that this was this armorers first major gig.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.7  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.5    3 years ago

Good question. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.1.8  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    3 years ago
From what I have seen and heard, Alec Baldwin is completely innocent.

Maybe.  I'm sure it was an accident and it's absolutely a terrible thing.

But Baldwin is apparently a producer on this project, and reports are that there were serious enough safety concerns that some crew members had already quit.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.2    3 years ago

I have had many celebs come to the gun range I managed.  They proved themselves to be competent and knowledgeable in the proper way to handle firearms.  Some were also there to learn more about firearms and proper handling.  Some were even competitive shooters.  If an actor has limited gun knowledge, maybe a PA who is proficient in all things gun related should have been assigned to him to insure his and other people's safety.  The PA would have to be thoroughly convinced about the safety of any firearm before it is handed to the actor.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.10  TᵢG  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.9    3 years ago

Why not eliminate the problem by not using guns with a firing pin?    Better still, prop guns that do not accept a conventional round thus absolutely preventing any possibility of human error. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
6.1.11  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @6.1.1    3 years ago
I would not be surprised if Baldwin faces an involuntary manslaughter count.

The assistant director, David Halls, shouted 'Cold Gun!' before handing it to Alec Baldwin.  By all accounts, he did not visually inspect the gun before handing it over.

Mr. Halls doesn't have a spot-free record when it comes to gun safety.  In 2019, he was fired from the set of Freedom's Path for an accidental discharge in which someone was shot.  

There have been other people who have come forward regarding Mr. Halls' lack of concern regarding weapon safety.

Special effects technician Maggie Goll told NBC News that Hall did not maintain a safe working environment on the set of a Hulu series she worked alongside him. She said he did not hold safety meetings or announce when a gun was on set.

Alec Baldwin is completely without fault.  And FYI:  He was rehearsing a cross draw when it happened.

Source

Source

Thomas
Senior Guide
6.1.12  Thomas  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.5    3 years ago

There are modifications that can be made to the weapons to render them incapable of putting a live round in the chamber. It is possible. The question is,"Why , in this case, was such a weapon not used?" My guess is the added expense of the modification.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.13  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.10    3 years ago

Many prop guns will not accept a live round, designed to exactly that.  Unfortunately not all prop guns are designed that way.  This unfortunate event will be a wake up call and I expect to see new laws enforced regarding on set firearms.  The gun in question it would seem was used earlier for target practice and not totally cleared of any rounds before being handed to Baldwin.  This story is an onion with many layers that will have to be peeled before all of the facts are known.  But I can almost guarantee that some heads will roll once all of the facts are known.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1.14  Snuffy  replied to  Thomas @6.1.12    3 years ago

It's being reported this morning that the gun in question had been used earlier that day for "plinking".  That may be why the gun had a live round in it.

Several failures in basic gun safety in this course of events.  The armorer should not have left the gun used by the crew for play on the cart. The AD who picked up the gun to give to Baldwin without checking it. Baldwin himself for accepting from the AD that the gun was indeed a "cold gun".  I've always treated any gun as if it is loaded until I personally have verified that it is not. So from what has come out, a lot of blame.

Baldwin while not completely innocent in this does not deserve the lions share of blame. But as he is the one who pulled the trigger and caused the death of a person, I do hope he is able to find grace and forgive himself. He's gonna have to live with his actions for the rest of his life and if he is unable to forgive himself it's gonna be a very tough life.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.15  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @6.1.14    3 years ago

It sounds like there was a lot of laziness on that movie set. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1.16  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.15    3 years ago

There have been reports of issues due to a small budget, a couple of accidental gun misfires earlier that caused a bunch of people to walk off the set in protest,  the AD in question having been fired in 2019 for another firearm incident...  so many issues that the potential for large civil suits against many people is very possible.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.17  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @6.1.14    3 years ago
Baldwin himself for accepting from the AD that the gun was indeed a "cold gun".  

That is not an unreasonable conclusion if Baldwin or other actors normally check every gun they are about to use on a movie set. My guess is that they dont. Alec Baldwin has been in movies before, a number of times, where he was required to shoot a gun as part of the story. Unless he personally checked the prop guns all those other times it isnt quite fair to have expected him to do it this time.  He was told by the assistant director the gun was safe and that is most likely how it usually works. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.18  TᵢG  replied to  Thomas @6.1.12    3 years ago

Maybe Hollywood will consider diverting a tiny bit of their profits to avoid the loss of human life.

Veronica
Professor Guide
6.1.19  Veronica  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.18    3 years ago

Now you are asking way too much.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.20  TᵢG  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.13    3 years ago

Blows my mind that a set would knowingly have both live and dummy rounds on a set.   Talk about an accident waiting to happen.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1.21  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.17    3 years ago
Alec Baldwin has been in movies before, a number of times, where he was required to shoot a gun as part of the story. Unless he personally checked the prop guns all those other times it isnt quite fair to have expected him to do it this time.

There was an article (I cannot find it now) where another person from the set talked about how Baldwin would be very careful with guns if children were around. That would imply that he has in the past taken the time to verify the status of a gun. Perhaps he felt rushed this time as there was some reporting about how the lighting was moving which is why the camera's were being repositioned and why the two were right over the camera as they were checking to see if the lighting would give them what they wanted.

Any way you want to look at it,  Baldwin failed in that he accepted the word from someone else on the status of the gun in question. He should have checked it himself. That's gun safety 101 stuff, always assume the gun is loaded until you have verified. 

evilone
Professor Guide
6.1.22  evilone  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.20    3 years ago
Blows my mind that a set would knowingly have both live and dummy rounds on a set. 

The term "live round" is used for traditional, blank and squib rounds. "Dummy round" is a term used for round that goes into the chamber, but has no powder. It does not fire. Blanks rounds are used for muzzle flash and recoil. Squib rounds have a flash, but no kick. Traditional rounds have no business on a movie set. They should have been banned by everyone involved in keeping cast and crew safe. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.23  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @6.1.21    3 years ago

I dont disagree, but I have the feeling actors that shoot guns on movie sets dont stop and check the gun themselves normally. I think they take the word of the person whose job it is to verify the safety of the gun.   I may be wrong. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1.24  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.23    3 years ago

Depends John.  I was an extra in a movie (Broken Chains) where we utilized a lot of flintlock, percussions, muskets, pistols, etc., and each of us had to go through proper training on how to inspect our weapons to verify the weapon was, indeed, "safe".  We used powder and packing wads - no - absolutely NO foreign objects were allowed on set for the possibility of an idiot member "attempting" to place the object in the barrel(s) of the weapons being used.

Hell, we threw cast members off the set and they were banned from performing for the rest of the filming under our director and armorer.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1.25  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.17    3 years ago

The assistant director is not the person who grants that power.  It falls upon the armorer and the armorer only.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1.26  1stwarrior  replied to  GregTx @6.1.6    3 years ago

A gig that, even she, said that she didn't feel qualified for.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.27  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  TᵢG @6.1.20    3 years ago

No live ammo should ever be on a set.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
6.1.28  Snuffy  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1.25    3 years ago

It should, but in this case this AD was the one who just grabbed the gun off the table where the armorer had 3 guns sitting and gave the gun to Baldwin.  The AD IMO fucked up here.  If there are criminal charges I believe they will fall directly on this person.  I don't know enough detail to determine what liability the armorer has, and Baldwin himself probably doesn't have any criminal charges coming down.  He might as he pulled the trigger but I don't think so.  The civil case coming however will directly include Baldwin I believe.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1.29  cjcold  replied to  Thomas @6.1.12    3 years ago

Many of us look down the barrel and notice a designed stunt gun.

Was a stuntman in Cripple Creek Co. Western theatre.

Real guns. But we passed them around and all checked them.

We all shot each other three times a day and did 10 to 20 ft. falls.

I was the Sherriff over two seasons and always won.

(the good guy in the white hat always has to win in a moral play).

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.1.30  TᵢG  replied to  cjcold @6.1.29    3 years ago

Isn't the smartest approach to not rely upon the competence of the person holding the gun?    If the gun cannot fire a lethal projectile then a failure of the individual holding the gun (or of those who are to ensure the gun is not lethal) would not result in death.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
6.1.31  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1.25    3 years ago
The assistant director is not the person who grants that power.

Well this particular assistant director was known for his lax weapon safety concerns.  This isn't the first time David Halls has handed a 'cold' weapon to an actor and a tragedy occurred.  Thankfully, the previous incident did not end in death.  Mr. Halls was fired, and deservedly so.  Why he was given a miraculous 2nd chance is beyond befuddling. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.32  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.3    3 years ago

It will probably be classified as death by misadventure.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.33  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @6.1.31    3 years ago

I am close to someone who is a total insider to all of this.  I have learned some very interesting details and will be comparing what I found out to what will be in the official investigation.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.34  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @6.1.1    3 years ago
Not completely innocent. How can you shoot someone f you were not aiming at them?

Many shots in many movies where the actor is aiming a gun at the camera.. Dirty Harry comes to mind. Several shots like that in that movie. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Any chance Trump Jr will go big game hunting some time soon and stumble into the path of an enraged rhino ? 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
7.1  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @7    3 years ago

Ya gotta love Karma!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  cjcold @7.1    3 years ago

Ask the dentist who shot Cecil The Lion about karma.  Oh wait, we can't.  He got killed on another hunt by some of Cecil's friends.  Sometimes Karma comes with sharp teeth and claws.

Veronica
Professor Guide
7.1.2  Veronica  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.1.1    3 years ago
Sometimes Karma comes with sharp teeth and claws.

I love it when it does.  pexels-photo-3498323.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&dpr=1&w=500

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.1.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Veronica @7.1.2    3 years ago

Me too.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     3 years ago

Not surprised the POS is doing this, it just spells out in capital letters his lack of character or morals. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9  Raven Wing    3 years ago

I just hope that Daddy Trump can afford to pay Jr's big idea's lawsuit bill, as he won't make enough off his shirts to pay it himself.

I wonder, just who the Hell does that big mouth think he is slandering? Alec Baldwin can buy and sell the entire Trump Klan ten times come Sunday. 

Now that Dearest Rudy is no longer able to legally represent them for no payment, they may be hard pressed to pay for their own suits against them, much less the kind of lawsuit that is chomping at the bit to join the growing crowd.

Should be fun to watch. I wonder how long his beloved girlfriend will stay with him when he is no longer able to support her in the manner she feels she is entitled to.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @9    3 years ago

I just hope I never run into anyone wearing one of those shirts.  They will never be that unhappy again.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
9.1.1  cjcold  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @9.1    3 years ago

The Trumps will run out of money due to lawsuits in short order.

Have yet to see anybody wearing a MAGA hat around here in the sticks.

Mostly John Deer and Cat hats.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  cjcold @9.1.1    3 years ago

They will never run out of money as his idiot supporters keep on giving him theirs.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2  Texan1211  replied to  Raven Wing @9    3 years ago
I just hope that Daddy Trump can afford to pay Jr's big idea's lawsuit bill, as he won't make enough off his shirts to pay it himself.

What lawsuit and for what?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

Unbelievable - one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen.  I'm assuming that the photo of Baldwin wearing that T-shirt is photoshopped. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    3 years ago

I hope Baldwin sues the shit out of Dumbass Jr for using his name for a commercial venture without permission.   Of course it was photo shopped.  I am still in contact with people in the industry who know Mr. Baldwin and they have told me that he is devastated by what happened.  It will probably haunt him the rest of his life.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
10.2  cjcold  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @10    3 years ago

Obviously photoshopped

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11  Texan1211    3 years ago

If SNL was still relevant, they would invite Trump on to play Baldwin now!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @11    3 years ago

This is a tragedy.   One would expect that SNL would have the decency to not make fun of the loss of life and the pain that Baldwin, et. al. are experiencing over same.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @11.1    3 years ago
This is a tragedy.  

Indeed.

One would expect that SNL would have the decency to not make fun of the loss of life and the pain that Baldwin, et. al. are experiencing over same.

I seem to remember many instances of comedians talking about Dick Cheney's hunting accident in which a man was shot. Cheney's "pain" and the victim's pain didn't really seem to be an issue for any of them, so why on earth would I rationally expect the comedians to do something different now?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.1    3 years ago

In this case a woman, Halyna Hutchins, was killed.   Not just shot, but killed.   Big difference.

Neither of the accidents are funny, IMO, and neither should be made fun of.   But especially when an accident results in death.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
11.1.3  Gazoo  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.1    3 years ago

It wasn’t an issue for baldwin either. He mocked cheney on social media about it. He also mocked a police officer who accidentally killed someone. I feel for hutchins and her family, and souza.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Gazoo @11.1.3    3 years ago

Do you consider that to be the right thing for Baldwin to do or the wrong thing?

Gazoo
Junior Silent
11.1.5  Gazoo  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.4    3 years ago

Why would you ask such a question?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Gazoo @11.1.5    3 years ago

Because you seem to have missed my point.

My point is that anytime someone is injured —much less killed— in an accident (in this case a gun accident) it should not be turned into a joke.

The fact that Baldwin / SNL exhibited poor character in the past with his jokes of such matters, does not mean that it would be good to turn this tragedy (Baldwin's accidental killing of Halyna Hutchins) into a joke.

I was checking to see if you agree that 'turnabout is fair play' is wrong in this situation.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
11.1.7  Gazoo  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.6    3 years ago

No, i didn’t miss your point, i just didn’t respond to it. I did respond to Texan1211’s point. As to your question, it would absolutely be the wrong thing to do.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
11.1.8  TᵢG  replied to  Gazoo @11.1.7    3 years ago
As to your question, it would absolutely be the wrong thing to do.

Agreed.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
11.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  TᵢG @11.1.2    3 years ago

There is one person I will be laughing my ass off at if it should happen to him.

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
12  Moose Knuckle    3 years ago

Alec Baldwin is a complete jerkoff, as is his wife. How mental do you have to be to pretend to be from Spain and start speaking with an accent. Then name all your kids in Spanish names. Did she think no one would check?  Where was Alec when his wife was running around with the fake accent pretending to be an oppressed brown person from Spain?  Most in Spain are Caucasian you racist bitch!