╌>

Hershey’s Just Created a 3.4-Pound Reese’s Thanksgiving Pie to Slice Up for Holiday Dessert

Category:  Wine & Food

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  31 comments

By:   Caitlyn Fitzpatrick

Hershey’s Just Created a 3.4-Pound Reese’s Thanksgiving Pie to Slice Up for Holiday Dessert
There will only be 3,000 available for purchase for $44.99.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

It’s a good holiday to be a Reese’s fan! Why, you may ask? The Hershey’s brand is getting into the Thanksgiving spirit by creating its own pie. Well, it’s not really a pie, but it is a dessert that people will be talking about for holidays to come. Allow us to explain.

The new Reese’s Thanksgiving Pie is actually a giant Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. With a diameter of 9 inches and a weight of 3.4 pounds, this treat is sure to make a statement on your Thanksgiving table. It’s made of peanut butter and chocolate, like the cups you already know and love. But now, it has been turned into a huge dessert that you can slice up for more indulgence after all that turkey and stuffing.

You’ll have to be quick if you want to get your hands on the pie. There will only be 3,000 available for purchase for $44.99. Remember, it’s the size of the typical pumpkin or apple pie you enjoy during the holidays, so it’ll serve plenty of people.

“When you bring together friends and family for Thanksgiving dinner, no table spread is complete without dessert,” Bo Jones, senior associate brand manager at Reese’s, said in a press release. “At Reese’s, we wanted to create a dessert that everyone wants a piece of. You can thank us later.”

As fun as the holiday season is, we all know that it can get a little, uh, interesting when you have so many family members (with plenty of opinions) in the mix. One that nearly everyone will agree on? The Reese’s Thanksgiving Pie is damn good.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

I want one of these.  Or two.  Off to sell a kidney to offset the expense.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

2 reese's cups for me, maybe. that thing looks like a diabetic's nightmare, or last meal...

Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @1.1    3 years ago
that thing looks like a diabetic's nightmare, or last meal...

Buzz kill.

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

Freewill
Junior Quiet
1.1.2  Freewill  replied to  devangelical @1.1    3 years ago

I almost lapsed into a diabetic coma just looking at the photo.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.1    3 years ago
"Buzz kill."

I beg your pardon?

charger 383
Professor Silent
2  charger 383    3 years ago

only 3,000?  Probably all sold already

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3  TᵢG    3 years ago

A slice might be a week's worth of sugar.

Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  TᵢG @3    3 years ago
A slice might be a week's worth of sugar.

Buzz kill #2.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    3 years ago

One piece of this pie appears to be about the size of ten or fifteen Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  Do people eat ten or fifteen Reese's peanut butter cups at once? 

It does look good though. 

Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago
Do people eat ten or fifteen Reese's peanut butter cups at once? 

Two or three times a day, if given the chance.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5  sandy-2021492    3 years ago

Now I know what to tell folks I want for Christmas.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1  Ender  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5    3 years ago

I guess you would hit the jackpot. Only 3k for 300 mil...

Talk about a tease.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
6  Ozzwald    3 years ago
Hershey’s Just Created A 3.4-Pound Reese’s Thanksgiving Pie To Slice Up For Holiday Dessert

Insulin manufacturers worldwide celebrate.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Why, Hershey's, why?

Curse you!

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     3 years ago

Lots of clogged arteries after eating one of those babies.

Professor Guide
8.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @8    3 years ago
Lots of clogged arteries after eating one of those babies.

But what a way to go!

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
9  SteevieGee    3 years ago

Mrs. Gee gained 5 lbs just looking at the picture.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Reese's peanut butter cups are my favorite candy. I got a package of them for Christmas last year.

Sadly I can't have stuff like this anymore except in very, small doses

Ender
Professor Principal
11  Ender    3 years ago

I don't know. I like the mini cups. Of course I eat the same amount as I would with the bigger ones.

Wasn't there a hack at one time to make this at home. I thought I remembered a recipe for it a while back.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @11    3 years ago

My mom used to make peanut butter cups. She would buy a very large block of milk chocolate from some candy supply store. She would spend hours making the fondant (the peanut butter middle) by turning it over and over with a paint scraper. She would cut off hunks off the big block, melt it down, then make the cups. We all loved it. She also make chocolate covered cherries, coconut clusters, peanut clusters, raisin clusters, almond joys and clark bars.

Ender
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1    3 years ago

I would be friends with you just for your Mother's candy.  Haha

devangelical
Professor Principal
11.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1    3 years ago

I had an aunt that could knock off any snack or treat and we would get our fill at xmas.

Professor Guide
11.1.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ender @11.1.1    3 years ago
I would be friends with you just for your Mother's candy.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What am I laughing at?  So would I! 

*edit*  Hopefully she knows we would love her with or without her mother's candy.  Just don't tell her we would love her a little more with it.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @11.1.3    3 years ago

I heard that!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
12  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

My grandmother used to make a chocolate peanut butter pie that was far superior to anything Reeses can churn out.

Professor Guide
12.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @12    3 years ago
My grandmother used to make a chocolate peanut butter pie that was far superior to anything Reeses can churn out.

I would like to have been the judge of that.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
12.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @12    3 years ago

I had a patient who used to make a peanut butter pie that was to die for.  There was peanut butter and cream cheese and I have no idea what else in there.  It was so rich you could really only eat a few bites at a sitting.  But oh, those few bites of pie were bliss.

She passed away a few years back.

epistte
Junior Guide
12.2.1  epistte  replied to  sandy-2021492 @12.2    3 years ago

Peanut butter pie is easy to make if you don't mind diabetes. My ex loved it but it was too sweet for me.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
13  Ozzwald    3 years ago

My wife actually tried to order one of these this morning.  Completely sold out unless they decide to make more.  Only 3,000 were made total.

Professor Guide
13.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Ozzwald @13    3 years ago

Completely sold out unless they decide to make more.

Those bastards!  On the other hand, maybe we're being TY Beanie-babied and just don't know it yet.

Of course the up-side is that I don't have to sell one of my kidney's.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
13.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @13.1    3 years ago
Of course the up-side is that I don't have to sell one of my kidney's.

Good news......One will probably show up on eBay.

Bad news .......The price will be 2 kidneys.