╌>

Is Harris on her way out?

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  3 years ago  •  56 comments

Is Harris on her way out?
'Our Capitol Hill Correspondent Chad Pergram tells us he's been hearing whispers suggesting there could be some new high-profile confirmation hearings on the horizon in the House of Representatives,' said Watters during the segment.

A strange thing happened last night on the Fox News show called "Primetime." That is the show that has a different host every week. This week it's Jesse Waters and Waters for the first time speculated on a rumor. It seems that Fox News Congressional correspondent Chad Pergram heard something from his sources. Pergram is an American award-winning journalist in Washington D.C. who has been a political reporter at Fox News, and a chief correspondent for Capital News. For his efforts in the broadcasting field, Pergram won the Edward R. Murrow Award and the Joan Barone Award for reporting on Capitol Hill.

50591385-10210997-image-m-37_1637126837444.jpg
Chad Pergram

'So I got a message recently from someone who knows Capitol Hill very well and they suggested I should familiarize myself with the process to confirm a vacancy for the vice president in the Senate and in the House,' Pergram claimed.

A recent CNN article  claimed that the Biden-Harris relationship had soured: 

(CNN) Worn out by what they see as  entrenched dysfunction and lack of focus , key West Wing aides have largely thrown up their hands at  Vice President Kamala Harris  and her staff -- deciding there simply isn't time to deal with them right now, especially at a moment when  President Joe Biden  faces quickly multiplying legislative and  political concerns .

The exasperation runs both ways. Interviews with nearly three dozen former and current Harris aides, administration officials, Democratic operatives, donors and outside advisers -- who spoke extensively to CNN -- reveal a complex reality inside the White House. Many in the vice president's circle fume that she's not being adequately prepared or positioned, and instead is being sidelined. The vice president herself has told several confidants she feels constrained in what she's able to do politically. And those around her remain wary of even hinting at future political ambitions, with Biden's team highly attuned to signs of disloyalty, particularly from the vice president."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/14/politics/kamala-harris-frustrating-start-vice-president/index.html

Followed up by this:

The general gist of all of these pieces is similar if not exactly the same: The Vice President is struggling in her role. She's frustrated. And some people in President Joe Biden's orbit are just as frustrated with her."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/15/politics/kamala-harris-joe-biden-2024/index.html

So the question of what Pergram's sources told him is upon us. Democrats, in congress are in serious trouble when it comes to the 2022 midterm elections. A generic poll has Republicans with a double digit lead over them. At least one congressional democrat announced that she won't bother running next year. The presidential prospects for democrats aren't much better as the president has a 38% approval rating and the vice president has a 28% approval rating, so maybe, just maybe somebody has to go. There are even rumors of the Harris people calling the Biden staff "racist." Although that is what many progressives tend to do, Biden can't afford that label. He depends on the black vote, so maybe that is all the more reason for a change. 

Jesse Waters last night:

'Our  Capitol  Hill Correspondent Chad Pergram tells us he's been hearing whispers suggesting there could be some new high-profile confirmation hearings on the horizon in the House of Representatives,' said Watters during the segment." 

'Why is this a big deal? Because the house does not confirm normal nominees. But it does confirm vice-presidential nominees. Does this have something to do with Kamala Harris? It's been no secret she's been running out of favor with the Biden team, ' he added.

I suppose the best way would be to convince Harris to resign.

Time will tell. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    3 years ago

This is a rumor, nothing more.

It is an issue to be considered along with all the other rumors/unknown sourced stories we have discussed over the past 5 years.

Is this what happens when a presidential candidate picks a running mate for no other reasons than her sex and race?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

A couple more on this subject.

RU4Real
Freshman Silent
1.2  RU4Real  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 years ago

It makes you wonder if these rumors would have occurred if the McCain / Palin ticket would have won.  That was a similar situation, Palin was primarily picked based on being a woman.  It was a smart move given the time as McCain camp was looking to pull the female vote from the Dem ticket once Clinton ceded.  And they were successful to a point.  Admittedly that was the 1st presidential election in which I really paid attention to both sides and weighed the pros / cons, with many cons on each side.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  RU4Real @1.2    3 years ago

Palin was selected, as I recall, based on a single speech she had made. The McCain campain never properly vetted her. They only knew she connected with common people and had a good record as Alaska governor. It didn't take long for them to realize that she had little general knowledge on many topics. The media also picked up on it. She then became a target. McCain had little chance of winning that election. The big nail in the coffin was the October surprise AKA "the financial crisis."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    3 years ago

That's your opinion. As far as I was concerned, the minute the market went through the floor with the financial sector in crisis the election was over. All that was left was for Obama to say thanks, I'll take it from here.

RU4Real
Freshman Silent
1.2.4  RU4Real  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    3 years ago

Agree 100%, vetting was non-existent.  Add the infamous Katie Couric interview...

The financial crisis, housing bubble, banking fiasco, market implosion, whatever it's labeled, Ray Charles saw that coming, and he was blind and DEAD.  But that's a whole 'nother topic for another day.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

Harris isn’t going anywhere, unless she want to.   The Democrats are  bound by their own racism. She was selected simply because of her race and gender.  The merits of any individual are of course meaningless in party consumed by racial identity poison, so to replace a black woman with a white person would throw the party in a shambles.

I doubt the Democrats can a find a black woman who will push her out.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    3 years ago

They're floating Pete Buttigieg. Obviously still a minority thing so typical in the land of Pandering Bears.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1    3 years ago

I think race trumps sexual preference in the diversity Olympics.  I expect the party would implode if Harris was replaced by the second coming of FDR, let alone someone as unaccomplished as the mayor of south bend

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1    3 years ago
They're floating Pete Buttigieg.

And nobody can say more in saying so little.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.2  Snuffy  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    3 years ago

I don't follow Washington as closely as others on this board, so this is the first time I've heard this rumor.  

But I don't believe she would want to, she is smart enough to know that leaving the WH would be an almost death knell for her political ambitions.  It would be a very hard time to restore her standing in the Democratic party if she were to do so..  I may not like her but I don't think she's stupid.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Snuffy @2.2    3 years ago

I agree. She knows she’s a heartbeat or dementia finding away from the presidency for the next few years. Shes not going to walk away from that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    3 years ago

"A strange thing happened last night on the Fox News show called "Primetime." That is the show that has a different host every week. This week it's Jesse Waters and Waters for the first time speculated on a rumor. It seems that Fox News Congressional correspondent Chad Pergram heard something from his sources."

It seems somebody heard something

Well that's all the proof I need!

Kamala's out of there!

Also, it's a good bet that Waters and others on Faux 'news' have 'speculated on a rumor' before.  

squiggy
Junior Silent
3.1  squiggy  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 years ago

“Interviews with nearly three dozen…”

Did you hear all those voices, too?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3    3 years ago
It seems somebody heard something

That was good enough for the New York Times, The Washington Post, MSNBC and CNN for 5 years. All of which was wrong btw.

Well that's all the proof I need!

You need to look up the word rumor.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    3 years ago

"And those around her remain wary of even hinting at future political ambitions, with Biden's team highly attuned to signs of disloyalty, particularly from the vice president."

Disloyal to the President?  What does that mean?  What could she possibly fear????????????????????????????

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    3 years ago

"Is this what happens when a presidential candidate picks a running mate for no other reasons than her sex and race?"

Is it?  How could anyone know that there are 'no other reasons' or that they were reasons at all?  You don't.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @5    3 years ago

You really think they picked her because she is qualified? jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

She is from California- which has the most delegates. Checks a big box for the Dems. 

She is African American- which checks off another big box for Dems.

She is female- final box checked.

If the Democrats can find an African American or Latino, transgender, from NY, California, or Florida- they will drop her in an instant. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
5.1.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1    3 years ago

The Biden campaign was also told by BLM when he was in the process of selecting a VP that if his choice wasn't both black and a female he wouldn't get their votes... two days later he announced her as his pick.... Guess what? she was the ONLY black female in the race...

Just in case anyone really wanted to know why she is where she is at right now... she was one of the early drop outs of the presidential race cause she had almost ZERO support...

Her only qualification for the job is she is black, female and has a huge racist following...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @5    3 years ago
How could anyone know that there are 'no other reasons' or that they were reasons at all?

Because he told us what the qualifications were. There were only two!

goose is back
Sophomore Guide
5.3  goose is back  replied to  Tessylo @5    3 years ago
How could anyone know that

Well......because he said it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  goose is back @5.3    3 years ago

Don't try to introduce facts to anyone who doesn't read links.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
6  Mark in Wyoming     3 years ago

IF the RUMOR is true and pans out , it can be for one of 2 reasons  for looking into how another VP would be selected ..

1.  she is unhitching her wagon from the admin or she is not producing the desired outcome , in that case it could be either or .

2.  and the one i think is more likely , she is stepping up and taking another office which means she cant hold both offices , question is which office is considered a step up , and what would have to happen for that to happen ?

as for the process? the president would nominate someone with the assistance and advice of their party , and congress would have to confirm(approve) the choice. 

pretty simple actually .

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
7  Greg Jones    3 years ago

Whether she stays or goes, her presence in this position has been and will continue to be a disaster for the Democrats. The optics are awful. Blacks would be outraged if she were shoved aside

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  JohnRussell    3 years ago

This daily obsession with Kamala Harris is very strange, but I suppose we all have bigger things to worry about. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9    3 years ago

That would be on CNN, wouldn't it?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1    3 years ago

I just removed thread 9.2 for nasty personal comments. Consider this a gift. Next time they will get double the points for the infractions. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.1    3 years ago

Why did you address that to me?

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9.3  MonsterMash  replied to  JohnRussell @9    3 years ago
This daily obsession with Kamala Harris is very strange

Your daily obsession with Donald Trump is very strange. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.3.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  MonsterMash @9.3    3 years ago

Bingo! We have a winner!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10  TᵢG    3 years ago

This would not surprise me if it turned out to be true.   Harris is clearly uber-ambitious and with Biden's weakened popularity she would be less likely to defer to his every request.   I can see her routinely offering her 'alternative opinion'.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  JohnRussell    3 years ago
Pergram is an American award-winning journalist in Washington D.C.

An "award-winning journalist" who doesnt have a wikipedia page. Yeah, sure. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @11    3 years ago

Anyone can write for wikipedia. Currently it seems there are mostly lefties doing the writing. Why try to deny a fact?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    3 years ago

He got his regional  "Edward R Murrow" award 15 years ago for local reporting in Ohio. 

I've never heard of this guy. He is not a journalistic heavyweight. To the contrary. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
11.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.1    3 years ago

What's that have to do with Harris?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.1    3 years ago
He got his regional  "Edward R Murrow" award 15 years ago for local reporting in Ohio. 

Facts are facts.

I've never heard of this guy.

Notoriety isn't always an indicator of competence. Many have herd of Jenifer Ruben and she is the dumbest person in journalism.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.3    3 years ago

This story very much seems like Fox News click bait. 

Biden cannot replace Harris.  She would have to be impeached. 

The seeded article is vitriolic nonsense. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.4    3 years ago
Biden cannot replace Harris.  She would have to be impeached. 

What about convincing her to resign?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.1    3 years ago

Faux 'news' and journalists - do not belong in the same sentence.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.4    3 years ago

'Facts are facts'

I see no evidence of that here.  

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
12  Transyferous Rex    3 years ago

She was wallpaper, nothing more. After they won the election? I can't even say that she is wallpaper anymore. Daniel Tompkins was more visible than she has been. 

Dragon
Freshman Silent
13  Dragon    3 years ago

Presidential candidates always pick VPs to help them win voters they might not win otherwise, been that way for decades, so why is it suddenly a big deal to Republicans. Harris did her job regarding getting voters to vote for Biden, and is still doing her job as VP, Republicans have been disparaging her since she was selected, not a surprise, but it doesn't mean diddly squat.