╌>

Meet The New Artist Taking Trumpworld By Storm

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  75 comments

In another Ruseva masterpiece, Trump’s divinity is more explicit. Inspired by Michelangelo’s “The Creation of Adam,” she portrays Trump as an astronaut reaching out his finger of god to a green alien. It is titled “Star Peace.” Trump is no mere tribune of the American electorate. He is a deity with a divine right to the Oval Office – and to the galaxy.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Image-from-iOS-2-804x604.jpg Courtesy: Elena Ruseva

There’s a new MAGA artist in town.

It’s not   John McNaughton , that Thomas Kinkade of Trumpworld, or   Ben Garrison , the consummate satirist.

It’s Lena Ruseva, whose phantasmagorical portraits of the former president imagine him in a variety of mystical and historical situations, including as a Roman emperor, a pharaoh, meditating in the robes of a Buddhist monk, and a warlord astride a bear. Her collection is called “Trump: Parallel Universe.” And it has attracted the attention of bigwigs in the MAGA universe.

Take the piece-de-la-resistance, the one before which   Bernie Kerik   posed: “The Expulsion from the White House.”

It’s something out of a quaalude MAGA fever dream. The work depicts Trump as an avenging angel – toga, wings, and flaming sword – casting an Adam and Eve-esque Biden and Kamala out of the edenic White House and off into the darkness.

In another Ruseva masterpiece, Trump’s divinity is more explicit. Inspired by Michelangelo’s “ The Creation of Adam ,” she portrays Trump as an astronaut reaching out his finger of god to a green alien. It is titled “ Star Peace .” Trump is no mere tribune of the American electorate. He is a deity with a divine right to the Oval Office – and to the galaxy.

Ruseva, an aspiring muralist, takes that approach to the canvas, resulting in a vaguely defined landscape and human subjects who are either the victims of pituitary dysfunction or misplaced satire.

Let’s move on to another notable work in Ruseva’s collection: Trump as Santa.

In this depiction, we have the former president fulfilling the role of saintly gift-giver, only to be thwarted by a grinch-like Joe Biden, absconding with votes. The color palette is typical of Christmas painting, a tired arrangement that doesn’t inspire much apart from the bizarre scene its used to convey. Perplexingly, Ruseva strikes a note of incoherence here: Why is Santa-Trump so helpless? Why does he stand with his arms open, looking on as Grinch-Biden sneaks away with the election results?

It’s in the dogs and cigars, however, that Ruseva’s ouvre really hits its stride.

Ruseva doesn’t depict Trump directly, here, but it’s all MAGA. Veterans can commission her to paint a large dog in their own uniform smoking a cigar of their choice. In this world, the painting screams, men are men. And, they’re dogs too.

In a Tuesday interview, Ruseva gave TPM some insight into her art, saying that “99 percent of my clients are gentlemen.”

She got her start in the painting business only recently, after her boyfriend posted on Facebook a painting she gave him as a gift of a smoking lion in a tuxedo.

“I started to get tons of requests from men who like cigars, who love hunting, so I discovered my target audience,” she said. “And so I started to paint as professional artist for people who love cigars or hunting.”

But it’s about more than just cigars. Ruseva, a Russian immigrant, sees the paintings as a way to commune spiritually with those Americans who regard the Biden administration as hell-bent on a Putin-style takeover. Rhetoric that Biden’s economic agenda is a step towards Soviet-style communism – and that the 2020 election was decided by Putin-style fraud – resonates with her, and in her art.

Take the “expulsion” of Biden and Kamala. Ruseva described it to TPM as the “deportation of Biden and Kamala out of White House,” likening it to a “biblical mural.”

Apart from the “expulsion” of Biden and Kamala, Ruseva’s   Trump: Parallel Universe   collection features him riding a shark and as the Statute of Liberty, holding a book titled “How to Serve Democrats.”

Ruseva’s stab at the political led her to the cigar aficionados at New York City’s Republican party.

Bernie Kerik, the ex-con, Giuliani associate, and former Iraq interior minister, was the first “big name” to reply to an invitation to Ruseva’s October 2021 exhibition, she said. Kerik introduced her to Sean Spicer and Andrew Giuliani, Ruseva said, and even sent photos of her work to Trump himself.

Boris Epshteyn, a co-host of Steve Bannon’s War Room: Pandemic podcast, even bought a painting at an October showing at Manhattan’s Metropolitan Republican Club.

Ruseva had initially partnered with the New York Young Republican Club to find a venue, but she said that a mixture of violent anti-Trump threats, unwillingness to book, and high prices meant that nobody in the five boroughs would give her a place.

Ruseva addressed the difficulty in a post that linked towards a Trump portrait called “Anti-terror.” It features Trump strangling a bearded man wearing a baseball hat that says “terror” on it – another triumph for the Donald.

Screen-Shot-2021-11-16-at-1.08.16-PM-804x759.png

But at Ruseva’s exhibition, Kerik himself struck a darker tone.

He said that he came to support Ruseva because he believed that New York City’s art galleries had unfairly cancelled her. She “shouldn’t have gone to three or four different venues, she shouldn’t have been thrown out of different venues because of her opinions, because of her art,” Kerik told the crowd, according to a   clip   posted on YouTube.

He added that Ruseva, a former resident of the USSR, had a lot to teach Americans about history and that Joe Biden was only President thanks to Republican legislators “who   didn’t have the courage to stand up and not certify those votes.”

Kerik added that he “took a bunch of photos” of Ruseva’s paintings.

“I want to make sure the President sees them,” he added, to thunderous applause.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Ben Carson wants one for his foyer. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Her art shows real talent and creativity...as compared to Hunter Biden's. jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    3 years ago

This is hilarious

He said that he came to support Ruseva because he believed that New York City’s art galleries had unfairly cancelled her. She “shouldn’t have gone to three or four different venues, she shouldn’t have been thrown out of different venues because of her opinions, because of her art,” Kerik told the crowd, according to a      clip      posted on YouTube.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.2  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    3 years ago

Good grief man, do you support Trump as the leader of the GOP and candidate for PotUS??    Do you actually agree with this idolizing of such an abysmal character?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.2    3 years ago

Do you support the current incestuous pedophile in chief?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.3    3 years ago

Do you seriously believe that Biden is an incestuous pedophile?    Be serious for a change, do you actually believe that?

And no, I have been clear on this site in my desire to see a far better candidate than Biden, Harris or Trump in 2024.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.2    3 years ago

Where did I ever say I support and idolize Trump?  Can't stand the asshole. Especially after election day. Your long history of subtle insults to me and others needs to stop

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.5    3 years ago

You did not say it, you made a positive statement about her sycophantic / idolizing artwork.    Thus my question.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Ender  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.6    3 years ago

Funny that people say they don't like him yet turn around and defend him and even say they would vote for him...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.4    3 years ago

It's just projection, as usual.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  Ender @1.1.7    3 years ago

At this point, I am suspicious of anyone who does not condemn Trump.   There is no excusing someone who attempted to steal a presidential election.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @1.1.7    3 years ago

The concept is easy to understand when you consider your other options to be a complete train-wreck but i won't try to explain it again as the TDS is just too strong in some folks.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ender @1.1.7    3 years ago
Funny that people say they don't like him yet turn around and defend him

Even post up seed after seed about him.  

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.10    3 years ago

Nope. Other option is vote in a different republican yet it seems you all do not want to do that.

So, I come to the conclusion that yes, you all want him.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Ender  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.11    3 years ago

Shame republicans won't kick him to the curb and coddle him yet turn around and blame everyone else for what they have done.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.14  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.10    3 years ago

[removed]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @1.1.12    3 years ago

Nah, i'll continue to think for myself without any serious dissociative disorders affecting my decisions.

I came to the conclusion long ago that a good portion of liberals out there will never think clearly on such matters because of a chronic, apparently incurable, case of TDS.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.15    3 years ago

So all you have is yes you will support and defend and vote for donald and then have the nerve to disparage others.

[Deleted]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.17  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  devangelical @1.1.14    3 years ago

removed for context

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.11    3 years ago

your comment makes 0 sense

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.19  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.18    3 years ago

You failed. 

Are those words simple enough for you to understand?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @1.1.16    3 years ago

It's funny watching all you "peace loving [&] accepting" liberals dish out the gaslighting and hate.

[Deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.21  devangelical  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.20    3 years ago

[removed]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.22  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.19    3 years ago
Funny that people say they don't like him yet turn around and defend him
Even post up seed after seed about him.  

Those were the words you wrote. Either your grammar or your understanding of the English language needs a brush-up.

Ender says that people here say they don't like him yet are always defending him. Then you say that these same people (the defenders of trmp) post seed after seed about him.

Which trmp defenders are always posting seed after seed about him? You? Vic? Jim? XX?

Just curious. But if I need a brush-up on my English then I will pull out my grade school grammar book

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.18    3 years ago

"your comment makes 0 sense"

Par for the course TG.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.19    3 years ago

[removed]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @1.1.14    3 years ago

that was a good burn! Why was it deleted?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.26  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.25    3 years ago

[deleted]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.27  Greg Jones  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.22    3 years ago

Most of us are not defending Trump...y'all are making shit up.

It's the resident lefties who keep posting silly stories about Trump

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.28  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.27    3 years ago

Trouble is, there are quite a few who do defend Trump.    Some more subtly than others.   And this is utterly bizarre.

Based on what Trump did after his loss he should have been ejected from the GOP with a fury.   Given the opposite seems to have occurred, any statement that falls on the positive side of the Trump equation suggests the writer supports Trump.

This would be entirely different if Trump were simply the ex-PotUS who accepted defeat and left office like all his predecessors.   His attempt to steal a presidential election and his continued lying about the US electoral system, etc. and abuse of his influence puts him in a unique negative category worthy of scorn by everyone regardless of political / ideological views.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.29  epistte  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.8    3 years ago

I'd rather have a painting of a velvet Elvis or dogs playing poker before I would display this, in an outhouse.

I hate Thomas Kinkaide but he borders on being Michaelangelo compared to this idiocy.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    3 years ago

Fucking garbage!  Who would pay for that shit?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @2    3 years ago
Who would pay for that shit?

Those who live in the  “Trump: Parallel Universe" where up is down, bad is good, fascism is trending, white makes right and a thrice married accused sexual predator and serial liar is the messiah.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1    3 years ago

A fool and his money . . . 

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1    3 years ago
serial liar is the messiah

... imperfect messenger (tool) of the lord.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.1    3 years ago

she's been in love with trump ever since he helped her put the plastic sheets on that hotel room mattress in moscow.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3  TᵢG    3 years ago

Inexplicable.  What is wrong with these minds who idolize a malignant narcissist and pathological liar who is the only presidential nominee in our history who attempted to steal an election with lies and abuse of office?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

Bernie Kerik...isn't he the disgraced former NYC police commissioner?

What is art to one eye is trash to another, more discriminating eye

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    3 years ago

Her art is kinda hilarious.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     3 years ago

Fitting that Bernie ''The Crook'' Kerik would be there.

Ender
Professor Principal
7  Ender    3 years ago

Does anyone else think it is ironic that she was from the USSR and wanted Pence to decertify the votes...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ender @7    3 years ago

As ironic as Biden trying to put someone from the USSR in charge of our currency....

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Ender  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1    3 years ago

Always deflection.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @7.1.1    3 years ago

All they got, plus projection and denial.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @7.1.1    3 years ago

If you don't like deflection, maybe you shouldn't deflect yourself.

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.3    3 years ago

If you could ever actually make a point...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @7.1.4    3 years ago
If you could ever actually make a point...

If you could ever actually admit that i most always do.

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1.6  Ender  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.5    3 years ago

Only in your mind.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Ender @7.1.6    3 years ago
Only in your mind.

Yes, my mind being the only one in this conversation functioning in reality .... to that i will agree.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.5    3 years ago

That would be a lie, that's your department.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @7.1.6    3 years ago

Ender...stop responding to him. All he does is troll you. You don't need that kind of shit

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.9    3 years ago

More gaslighting .... SOSDD

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.9    3 years ago

They're so desperate for attention.  

charger 383
Professor Silent
7.2  charger 383  replied to  Ender @7    3 years ago

Thread 7 locked for petty insulting

Ender
Professor Principal
8  Ender    3 years ago

She needs to paint one called, donald grabbing me by the pussy...

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1  devangelical  replied to  Ender @8    3 years ago

that's the self portrait she's hoping to paint later on, at moron-lago.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @8.1    3 years ago

LOL!  Then they can have their golden shower.  I wonder who pees on who?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @8    3 years ago

that's funny

Gsquared
Professor Principal
9  Gsquared    3 years ago

No one who has any knowledge about or appreciation for art would ever consider the garbage that woman created as art.  Never.  Seriously.  It's NOT art.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Gsquared @9    3 years ago

There's no telling what the public will buy for art. Remember the banana taped to a wall?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1    3 years ago

I remember that.  Was that a real banana?  What happened when it spoiled?  Or was it shellacked or something?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.1    3 years ago

It was a real banana but I don't know how they kept it from getting over ripe

Gsquared
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Gsquared  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1    3 years ago

The banana was titled "Comedian".  It was pretty much a joke.  Some reputable art critics questioned whether it was really art.  Three versions did sell for a lot of money, so the biggest joke was on the buyers.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Gsquared @9.1.3    3 years ago

Ah. I didn't pay too much attention to the story so I didn't get all that. Thanks for the update

Gsquared
Professor Principal
9.1.5  Gsquared  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.4    3 years ago

The artist's gallery representative denied it was a joke, but...

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.1    3 years ago
Was that a real banana?  What happened when it spoiled?  Or was it shellacked or something?

"Performance artist David Datuna explained on Monday at a news conference why he ate the banana duct-taped to a wall -- which had sold for $120,000 -- at Art Basel Miami over the weekend. “I call the performance, 'Hungry Artist,' because I was hungry and I just ate it,” the New York-based artist said."

So apparently he ate it before it went over-ripe. And even so it would still be considered more "artistic" than the supposed Trump art above. The only way someone could produce the Trump art above is if the blood to their heads was being cut off due to the tightening of Trumps balloon knot around their necks...

Gsquared
Professor Principal
9.1.7  Gsquared  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1.6    3 years ago

That is really funny.  And, you're right.  The conceptual/performance art regarding the banana does have more artistic value than the non-art produced by the Trumpist, which has no artistic value whatsoever.  It is NOT art.

epistte
Junior Guide
9.2  epistte  replied to  Gsquared @9    3 years ago

That is a criminal waste of paint and canvas.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10  Tessylo    3 years ago

Hey - this is off topic so sorry TG - but I just got this text message from Parler.  Isn't that a hateful republican site?  It says:  Welcome to Parler Free Speech alerts, add us as a contact!  We'll be sending updates & partner messages.  We do not endorse partner messages."

I just blocked it.  That's worse than those damn auto warranty phone spam calls.    

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @10    3 years ago

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Run! Run! Run for your life!

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1    3 years ago

LOL, I agee run like hell.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
10.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @10    3 years ago
It says:  "Welcome to Parler Free Speech alerts, add us as a contact!  We'll be sending updates & partner messages."

If they sent an email alert stating "We will be referring all racist, violent or terroristic threats as well as all members porn searches if they include underage children to the FBI for prosecution" they'd likely lose half of their right wing conservative memberships.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.3  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @10    3 years ago

I told you what might happen if you went out as a trumpster last halloween...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
11  Perrie Halpern R.A.    3 years ago

Article opened

Kavika
Professor Principal
11.1  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @11    3 years ago

They say art/beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I must be blind.