╌>

Uyghurs In Chinese Concentration Camps Fly Ukrainian Flag So People Will Start Caring About Them

Category:  Satire

Via:  gregtx  •  2 years ago  •  61 comments

Uyghurs In Chinese Concentration Camps Fly Ukrainian Flag So People Will Start Caring About Them
"We were inspired to see the whole world coming together as one to defeat oppression with these little blue and yellow flags," said one unnamed prisoner. "We figure that maybe if we wave these around, the world will start caring about us too!"

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

XINJIANG—According to sources, Uyghur Muslims imprisoned in Chinese concentration camps have begun flying Ukrainian flags so people will pay attention to them.

"We were inspired to see the whole world coming together as one to defeat oppression with these little blue and yellow flags," said one unnamed prisoner. "We figure that maybe if we wave these around, the world will start caring about us too!" 

According to anonymous sources, the flags are expertly crafted in secret in between production orders for Nike and Disney. Large flags are hung from rooftops or used as blankets. Smaller flags are sewn into their clothing so they cannot be easily confiscated.

The Uyghur people reportedly work day and night, risking the fulfillment of their stringent production quotas, all in the hopes that anyone—anyone at all—will take notice of them.

Camp guards first grew suspicious of the blue and yellow designs popping up everywhere when foreign reporters began petitioning for entry, apparently drawn to the vibrant Ukrainian colors like a moth to the flame. But camp guards breathed a sigh of relief when they realized the journalists were only interested in everyone's thoughts on Ukraine.

"We are beaten—we have no hope—" one prisoner pleaded through a shattered jaw.

"It is so brave of you to stand up for Ukraine, but I see that you are using Russian-made sewing machines? How dare you!" pressed CNN correspondent David Culver to one of the overworked prisoners.

At publishing time, Uyghurs were admonished for failing to specifically condemn Putin, instead selfishly trying to talk about themselves.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
PhD Guide
1  seeder  GregTx    2 years ago
Camp guards first grew suspicious of the blue and yellow designs popping up everywhere when foreign reporters began petitioning for entry, apparently drawn to the vibrant Ukrainian colors like a moth to the flame. But camp guards breathed a sigh of relief when they realized the journalists were only interested in everyone's thoughts on Ukraine.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Uyghur Muslims

I wonder how many right wing white nationalist Christians in America care about the Uyghur Muslims, really, or do they just hate the Chinese commies ? 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 years ago

Less than the number of Democrats that want to turn the US into China.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1    2 years ago

I've never heard of anyone who wanted to turn the US into China. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1    2 years ago
"Less than the number of Democrats that want to turn the US into China."

Not likely to happen, everyone would have to give up their guns and obey mask and vaccine mandates.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.2    2 years ago
Not likely to happen, everyone would have to give up their guns and obey mask and vaccine mandates.

Looked at the Democrat platform have you? Throw in CRT; education w/o parental control; open borders; rule of law based on social justice rather than evidence; two tier justice system; men being able to call themselves women and compete in women's sports; changing state controlled elections to federal controlled elections; and racial division.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1.4  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    2 years ago

I've never heard of anyone who wanted to turn the US into China. 

There’s one hiding under the bed of every conservative … so that’s a lot of them.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3  XXJefferson51    2 years ago

China did decide to cancel the airing of premiere league soccer this weekend because they were honoring and giving recognition to Ukraine and players are wearing their colors and stadiums decked out in those colors.  And this is NOT satire! 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1  Drakkonis  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3    2 years ago

Yeah, but I suspect it isn't the spontaneous support of the average Chinese for Ukraine. This absolutely couldn't have happened unless sanctioned by the CCP and, most likely, was orchestrated by it. I think China set Putin up and then pulled the rug out from under him. If Putin loses all his marbles and starts lobbing nukes around, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bejing get a few. He's got to be fairly pissed. If Putin manages to stay sane and gets the worst of the damage to his economy repaired, I would expect Putin to have some nice things in store for China when the CCP gets around to trying the same thing with Taiwan. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1    2 years ago

The premiere soccer league is a European league.  The Chinese are not broadcasting the matches because the Europeans are showing their support of Ukraine and the Chinese state is backing Russia in its war of conquest of a neighboring emerging democracy.  

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Drakkonis  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.1    2 years ago

Right you are, Kenny! Totally misread your post. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1    2 years ago

You did misread the comment; but you probably still got one part right.

I think China set Putin up and then pulled the rug out from under him. If Putin loses all his marbles and starts lobbing nukes around, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bejing get a few. He's got to be fairly pissed.

I don't think Putin is stupid; and I believe he planned for the world to be pissed over his invasion of Ukraine. He has the US and NATO tied up; and all of the attention is on Russia right now. The US is spread to thin- if China were to take Taiwan now is the perfect time. The US could even dream of stopping it; and better still for Putin it would force the US to pull troops away from former Soviet now NATO countries to re-enforce South Korea, Japan, and our other allies in the Pacific. That could fracture NATO by itself; as we all know NATO is nothing w/o the US doing all the heavy lifting.

So what is Xi waiting for? The longer Xi waits the worse things get for Putin/Russia. Xi has to know that if Putin/Russia fail that NATO/US will turn their attention to him next. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1.4  Drakkonis  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.3    2 years ago
So what is Xi waiting for? The longer Xi waits the worse things get for Putin/Russia. Xi has to know that if Putin/Russia fail that NATO/US will turn their attention to him next.

I'm thinking something along those lines as well. Don't have an answer except that Taiwan may be stronger, militarily, than China wants to mess with at this time, in spite of this maybe being their best chance for a military solution. But I'm hardly a foreign policy expert. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.3    2 years ago

What a stupid crock of shit.  Xi put Putin up to his Ukraine war?  You guys are dreaming.  It's like a movie - "War Dreams".  Bring the USA back into a war because what the hell it's been too long a time without one.  Putin likes to carry out his little games during Olympics, but what appears obvious to me is that he delayed his Ukraine attack because Xi told him not to do it during the Olympics because Xi didn't want Putin to spoil China's glory. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1.6  Drakkonis  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.5    2 years ago
Xi put Putin up to his Ukraine war?

Who made that claim? 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1.7  Drakkonis  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.3    2 years ago
So what is Xi waiting for?

I'm also wondering what Xi is thinking concerning Vladivostok at this time. I know he wants it back. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1.6    2 years ago
        "Xi put Putin up to his Ukraine war?"
"Who made that claim?"

You did.  The words quoted below are YOUR words.  Ronin2 built upon them.  My response to Ronin2, if you look closely, has a question mark at the end.  It's not a statement, but one that I questioned.

"I think China set Putin up and then pulled the rug out from under him."

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1.9  Drakkonis  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.8    2 years ago

Then you're reading it wrong. Saying Xi set Putin up doesn't mean he pushed Putin into anything. It means that Putin thought he would get a lot more support than he's getting from Xi. Essentially, Xi led  him to believe he's got Putin's back but he doesn't. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Drakkonis @3.1.9    2 years ago

Sorry if I misinterpreted what seemed obvious to me.  If Xi had told Putin he had his back, then he has really disappointed him, because he certainly has not indicated anywhere that he does, but rather took a neutral stand.  I doubt that Xi would have gone further in that regard.  In that way, taking a neutral stand, as many other nations did, cannot be considered "pulling the rug out from under him."  Had he actually betrayed Putin as you seem to think, that would have been the end of their relationship, and I don't think Xi would end that relationship since the USA has done so much to push Xi into it, and I can see some very positive benefits China will achieve because of what is happening, and obtaining needed sources of energy from Russia is just one of them.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.1.11  Drakkonis  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.10    2 years ago
Sorry if I misinterpreted what seemed obvious to me.

Not a problem.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
3.1.12  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ronin2 @3.1.3    2 years ago
I believe he planned for the world to be pissed over his invasion of Ukraine.

But not to this degree. I don't think he planned on crushing economic sanctions, NATO and the EU becoming more solid than ever, and even countries liker Germany deciding to take up arms again. Nor did he plan on the resistance he is facing in Ukraine. I think he has gotten himself into an unwinnable situation and knows it. 

He has the US and NATO tied up; and all of the attention is on Russia right now. The US is spread to thin- if China were to take Taiwan now is the perfect time.

China didn't need this if they wanted to take Taiwan. They can do it any time and there is little anyone can do to stop them. No American forces have been redeployed from the Pacific to the Atlantic. The situation for China and Taiwan has not changed at all because of the war in Ukraine. 

I honestly don't think the Chinese give a shit about Russia or NATO. NATO, strategically,  is a nonfactor for them and never has been. It is all about the USA for China. But seeing as how the US has made it clear that we will not be actively engaged in Ukraine, the strategic situation for China remains the same.

GregTx
PhD Guide
4  seeder  GregTx    2 years ago

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  GregTx @4    2 years ago

By the way, since you deemed this article to be satire, why did you then link to an article demonizing China?  That isn't satire, so what was your purpose? 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1    2 years ago

Easy there [removed]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

It's amazing how tolerant some are of apartheid and genocide when money is involved. The same companies that are more than happy to isolate Russia's shitty economy turn around and shill for a country engaged, as Jonah Goldberg put it in Greg's link, "the largest attempt at cultural annihilation of the 21st century." 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    2 years ago

It's possible that not everybody believes the rhetoric.

GregTx
PhD Guide
5.1.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1    2 years ago

What rhetoric?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  GregTx @5.1.1    2 years ago

My comment was a reply to what Sean Treacy wrote, and to what I guess what Jonah Goldberg had to say, although I'm unable to open your link. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.2    2 years ago
It is dismaying that amid a trade war with China, so little rhetorical focus has been placed on Beijing’s totalitarian evils.

G iven the recent fight over whether U.S. refugee-detention centers are in fact “concentration camps,” the Trump administration might want to borrow a page from the Chinese and simply call them “vocational skills education training centers.” That way, no one would really care at all.

That’s what the Chinese call their gulag archipelago of internment and reeducation camps in Xinjiang province, where an estimated million ethnic Uighurs and other Turkic people are being held. The Uighurs are a traditionally Muslim minority, and Beijing says they pose a major threat because of Islamic terrorism. The reality is that the Chinese fear separatist movements, Islamic or otherwise, in a resource-rich region three times the size of France.

As a result, the Chinese are pursuing the largest attempt at cultural annihilation of the 21st century. Religion is heavily regulated throughout China, but it is brutally policed in Xinjiang. According to an analysis of satellite imagery by Agence France-Presse, “30 religious sites were completely demolished while six had their domes and corner spires removed.” Ancient cemeteries are being erased, turned into parking lots. In the southern city of Kashgar, once a jewel of the Silk Road — and closer to Baghdad than to Beijing — morning calls to prayer have been silenced.

The evil deeds in Xinjiang are merely the most egregious examples of what   The Economist   has called “apartheid with Chinese characteristics” and what I think of as a high-tech Asian version of Jim Crow.

What is both intriguing and infuriating to me is that American politicians refuse to talk about any of this. After all, we are in the midst of a trade war with China. Whatever the merits of this economic confrontation may or may not be, you would think the nature of the Chinese regime itself would play a larger part in debate. The nature of the South African regime was the entire reason for the sanctions and boycotts pushed by progressives and Democrats in the 1980s. The nature of the Soviet Union was the rhetorical centerpiece of the economic warfare pushed by Republicans during the Cold War. Today, the repression of the mullahs and the export of terrorism aren’t the main driver of sanctions against Iran — that would be the country’s nuclear program — but they are a major part of the rhetoric accompanying such policies.

But among both Democrats and Republicans, Chinese authoritarianism often goes unmentioned, save perhaps as an afterthought. Countless conservatives, particularly of the new nationalist bent, want to take a hard line with China because they make widgets at a lower price than us or because they rip off Hollywood. The fact that the Chinese government has put a million Muslims in reeducation camps and persecuted Christians, too, is rarely part of the conversation.

Rhetorically, President Trump has been far harsher on Canada and Mexico than he has been on China. He refused to offer even pro forma support for the protesters in Hong Kong beyond saying the protests were having a “big impact.”

One needn’t be blindly moralistic about all of this. China is big, powerful, and dangerous. But so was the Soviet Union, and we still managed to tell the truth about it. China is also more integrated into the global economy than the USSR ever was, and that brings important considerations as well.

American Politicians Silent about China’s Authoritarianism | National Review

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  GregTx @5.1.1    2 years ago

In the real world outside of evil empire authoritarian regimes we call it the truth. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @5.1.3    2 years ago

Thank you, SP.  As I said, not everybody believes that rhetoric.  The first reason I don't is because when the rhetoric says Muslims are persecuted, and Uyghurs are incarcerated, they don't have any explanation as to why only a million out of 11 million Uyghurs are in reeducation and vocational training camps and 10 million Uyghurs are not.  Secondly, why is it that 20 million other Muslims live out their lives no different than anyone else, celebrate their festivals, pray in their mosques, carry on their businesses, educate their children (I taught many of them and they were not wearing chains), purchase and eat their halal food.  My favourite restaurants are Muslim ones because they focus on lamb dishes, not pork.  The biggest mosque I've ever seen in my life is not far from where I live and it has its minarets in place, but in Switzerland minarets are banned.  As for Christians, I agree with the government that a cross high up on a steeple is an advertisement, but I have seen big crosses on the sides of the churches and no problem with that, and I support the government ban on proselytizing (i.e. attempts to convert others to their religion) so that is the major complaint that the Christians have here - there are at least 28 million Christians in China, if not more, and many students I taught wore necklace crosses without any concern.

The biggest problem of all is that it's those who have never stepped a foot in China who are being convinced by the China-bashers, the ultra-Christian anti-Communist zealots like Adrian Zenz who believe their bullshit - because they simply don't know any better.  I've lived here for more than 15 years and I am in a little better position to know what to believe and what not to believe.  And anyone who has carefully followed everything I have said about China will know that there are things I've posted on NT about the CPC and Chinese officials - as far back as the 2008 earthquake at least, and about the silencing of the virus-discovering doctor in Wuhan as examples, that are very critical - and I have not been incarcerated or deported because of it. 

But there are political reasons why China is singled out and contained by America and other western democracies that are America's poodles, just as Israel is singled out by the UN.  I think that anyone with a brain in his head can figure out why.

shona1
PhD Quiet
5.1.6  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.5    2 years ago

Rather be a poodle than a snake...and it appears the world has to contend with two now...

GregTx
PhD Guide
5.1.7  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.5    2 years ago

Only a million?..wtf 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  GregTx @5.1.7    2 years ago

Only 1.8 million in America?...wtf

By late 2020, there were 1.8 million people in prison. This was a drop from 2.1 million in 2019 – and definitely quite a bit lower than the peak of 2.3 million people in 2008. Even so, The United States still has the highest prison rate in the world (around  655 prisoners per 100,000 people , in June 2020).

shona1
PhD Quiet
5.1.9  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.5    2 years ago

Why does China feel the need to re educate any body?? 

Do they think they are so stupid they can't think for themselves, or are they scared they can...and don't conform to the CCP ideology??

A million people need re education?? That is just staggering to us, but I guess in China that would barely raise an eyebrow..

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.8    2 years ago
Only 1.8 million in America?...wtf

LEt's do some math.... There are 335 millions Americans.  How many Uyghurs are there?

If Hitler only put 1 million Jews in concentrations camps, would you have thought that reasonable? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.11  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @5.1.9    2 years ago

Obviously only a minority of Uyghurs required it, since 10 million of the 11 million of them are NOT being reeducated. Reeducated to learn a vocation in order to become self-reliant, and reeducated to fit into the society among which they live.  I didn't need to be reeducated to live in a totally different culture, but it seems that there are some who do.  Among that million there are also terrorists.  Every society seems to have them so it would be obtuse to deny that fact.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.1.12  pat wilson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.11    2 years ago
need to be reeducated to live in a totally different culture

Aren't Uyghurs native to a north western region of China ?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.13  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  pat wilson @5.1.12    2 years ago

Yes.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.14  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @5.1.9    2 years ago

I don't know the numbers of each category, but those who are detained are not in "concentration camps" which is the language those who wish to demonize China have used.  Those who were actual terrorists are in prisons, no different than America or Australia would call a prison or penitentiary.  Those who are separatists who are not violent and religious fanatics who are extremists are in reeducation camps to teach them to blend in with the rest of Chinese society.  Nobody is trying to take away their culture.  The Chinese are happy having many ethnic societies.  The vast majority are law-abiding and not a threat to the government or the people and are not detained and there is no genocide, as some wish to describe as what Hitler did to the Jews.  I have personally visited the locations of some ethnic societies and the people there were quite happy. 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.15  MonsterMash  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.11    2 years ago
I didn't need to be reeducated to live in a totally different culture

[Deleted]

Repeating Sane's question which you chose to ignore "If Hitler only put 1 million Jews in concentrations camps, would you have thought that reasonable?"

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.16  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MonsterMash @5.1.15    2 years ago

That question was so ignorant I did not bother to answer it, but since that ignorant question has been repeated I will.

The Jews in Germany considered themselves to be and WERE good Germans, and were no threat whatsoever to Hitler's government.  No matter how he wanted to colour their purpose and his, what he did was nothing more than absolute antisemitism.  Putting even ONE Jew in a concentration camp was a step towards his intended purpose, the eradication of every Jew on Earth, a total religion.  He had already had his eye on American Jews.  The million Uyghurs who were detained were terrorists, religious extremists and/or separatists, all of whom WERE considered by the CPC to be a threat to the peaceful maintenance and governance of a nation of 1.4 billion people, whereas the vast majority of Uyghurs were NOT detained, certainly not for their religion, since another 28 to 30 million Muslims including 10 million Uyghurs continue to live normal peaceful lives.  

There was neither relevance nor comparison in the question I was asked.  It had a different purpose.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    2 years ago
as Jonah Goldberg put it in Greg's link, "the largest attempt at cultural annihilation of the 21st century." 

and maybe the descendants of the white Christian majority of the US who culturally annihilated their own

Native American Indian population and imported African slaves for 200 years,

just don't care.

Maybe you can post a seed about the British in India

or the Tibetan crisis

Rwanda?

South Africa?

The complete history of the Catholic Church from the Crusades they started to the cultural annihilation

of South America, the Pacific Rim and Africa?

Lots of material.

Proof positive of our evolution /s.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @5.2    2 years ago

Internment camps for Japanese Americans, forced to sell their homes and businesses for a song.

Guantanamo Bay

Separating children from their parents and imprisoning migrants

Highest incarceration rate on the planet Earth.

But, but CHINA...

shona1
PhD Quiet
5.2.2  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2.1    2 years ago

But China doesn't support Israel??

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @5.2    2 years ago

BProof positive of our evolution /s.

Whatever it takes to avoid caring  about genocide that's actually going on right now, eh?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2.1    2 years ago
But, but CHINA...

This is an article about China. You are trying, as always, to deflect any discussion about China into criticisms of America.

Maybe ask the CCP for a new propaganda  trick to deploy. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.4    2 years ago

Merely pointing out the hypocrisy.  People in glass houses...etc.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.6  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.3    2 years ago

The genocide that's happening right now is kind of obvious in Ukraine 

Isn't it?

Russians trying to kill all Ukrainians who don't kiss Putin ass.

Right?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.7  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.3    2 years ago
Whatever it takes to avoid caring  about genocide that's actually going on right now, eh?

And what pray tell, are you doing about it?

I am sure everyone here is interested in your ongoing efforts.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @5.2.7    2 years ago
And what pray tell, are you doing about it?

For starters, I don't deflect into  "let's talk about terrible America is" mode every time it gets brought up. So just stopping doing that would be a nice contribution from you. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2.5    2 years ago
People in glass houses...etc.

Lol.  That's how you defend parroting literal CCP propaganda...

Can you just, for once, say genocide against Uyghers is bad, without deflecting? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.9    2 years ago

How could you possibly know if it's propaganda or not?  "Vas you dere, Sharley?"

I need not comply with your request because I don't believe what is happening to be genocide. 

I've been here in China for 15 1/2 years and I'll bet you've never stepped one foot in China.

However, I DO know the USA and Americans, perhaps even better than many lifetime Americans for reasons I've already reiterated again and again, and I DO know a hypocrite when I hear/read them. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.12  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.8    2 years ago
For starters, I don't deflect into 

Nah, you deflect into unproven media rumors about what is supposedly being done in the deepest part of

China while turning your own blind eye to the poverty of your own countries NA on the Res....

and the incredible disproportion of black and Latinx males incarcerated in the USA.

As of 2020 it is estimated that China had 1.7 million people in "detention" out of a population of 1.4 Billion.

Compare that to the US prison population of 2 million

out of the US 331 million in 2020.

I trust that you can do your own math...

Wave whatever flag you like for your favorite charity but please stop blowing smoke about other countries 

issues when there are more than enough in our own back yard to try to fix.

So just stopping doing that would be a nice contribution from you. 

It will be a positive day when you start contributing regularly to the site without the partisan rancor.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @5.2.12    2 years ago
into unproven media rumors

Wow.  Don't even know what to say to that... Do you deny the Holocaust too? 

China while turning your own blind eye to the poverty of your own countri

Lol... Just as I said. you can't just criticize a literal genocide without deflecting to criticizing America.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.14  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.13    2 years ago

Very simple Sean, prove the genocide.

With facts.

Not media reports or hysteria....as you have said about the NA Indian school graves reportedly discovered in Canada..

show us the bones, or it didn't happen, right?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.15  Sean Treacy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2.10    2 years ago
been here in China for 15 1/2 years and I'll bet you've never stepped one foot in China.

[deleted]

Sorry Buzz, given your parroting and seeding  of literal CCP propaganda  (not exaggerating, it's actual propaganda from the CCP) on this site [deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.2.16  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @5.2.14    2 years ago
With facts.
Not media reports

Because the entire media is engaged in some coverup? The BBC, New York Times etc. are all lying? Is that what you are reduced to arguing?

You've really got the Holocaust denies thought process down...

show us the bones, or it didn't happen, right?

I said an unverified claim of graves doesn't justify bigotry and domestic terrorism. But I'm sure you come down on the other side. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.17  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.13    2 years ago
Do you deny the Holocaust too? 

No, like Buzz, I have relative's and friend's parents who were tattooed survivors and I have seen probably

every inch of the historical films of the collection, shipping and killing of the Jews and others 

for over 6 decades, visited Treblinka and read the US Army accounts of mass graves.

I don't deny the obvious.

Why do you?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.2.18  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.2.16    2 years ago
Because the entire media is engaged in some coverup? The BBC, New York Times etc. are all lying? Is that what you are reduced to arguing?

That is exactly what you argued about Canadian NA Indian children graves, unverified...

I said an unverified claim of graves doesn't justify bigotry and domestic terrorism

And  I will say an unverified claim of genocide by the media doesn't justify the continuous stream 

of personal attacks directed at the members of this site.

But I'm sure you come down on the other side. 

Of course you do. You are apparently incapable of thinking anything else aren't you?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6  Thrawn 31    2 years ago

Not that no one cares, just that there is nothing anyone can do. 

It is the same as if Native Americans were pleading for help. The silence will be deafening.