╌>

DERANGEMENT SYNDROMES

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  hallux  •  2 years ago  •  61 comments

DERANGEMENT SYNDROMES

Thanks to Charles Krauthammer everyone has developed at least several derangement syndromes. What started out as B(ush)DS has over the last score or more of years morphed into a veritable Heinz of varieties with Cream of Snotty Weeds becoming what they all taste like.  We must, however pay homage to Charles for having coined the term and damn him at the same time as his ‘syndrome’ has morphed into more infectious manifestations than a Covid virus. T(rump)DS may be the latest but it will not be the last; B(iden)DS is now the unstrained strain-du-jour reaching for the ladle.

That all of what Charles has inadvertently given us has devolved into P(oster)DS comes as no surprise, even a leader of one is now armed via the media of none-and-all to fill his/her wheelbarrow with the syndrome derangement challenged.

Elon Musk certainly is aware of this … he is also aware that you won’t complain if his condensed version of Snotty Weeds soup is whisked together with room temperature water. Make no mistake, show up on his forum, if he acquires one, as a lump of M(usk)DS and you will be boiled/weeded out … just like his employees who dare to be free.

Pandora’s Box became Krauthammer’s Box and Elon wants to turn it into Musk’s Box. The denizens of the box never change with H(ope )DS always being the jabberwocky prize lurking at the bottom waiting to choke you along with a musky taste.

Bon appétit!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1  Perrie Halpern R.A.    2 years ago

I'd like to know when everyone became shrinks. I think they need to post their degrees before declaring any psychological DX's.

I think I might have my SIL weigh in on all future DX's. At least he has the degree behind him. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.1  author  Hallux  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    2 years ago

I became one the day before I was born. It was an Immaculate Degree of Acidity.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1    2 years ago
I'd like to know when everyone became shrinks.

Good question. At least Charles Krauthammer had such a background. 

He graduated, with a Doctor of Medicine, from Harvard Medical School in 1975 and went on to complete a residency in psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital. In 1984, became board-certified in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.2.1  author  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    2 years ago
At least Charles Krauthammer had such a background.

I would not have mentioned him had he not.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     2 years ago

LOL, perfect.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    2 years ago

The "derangement syndrome" phrase has outlived its usefulness, because it is no longer applied logically. There is no such thing as Trump Derangement Syndrome , because the phrase implies that people are being unfairly or excessively critical of Donald Trump , when it isnt possible to be unfairly or excessively critical of Donald Trump. 

I'd like to see the use of the acronym TDS made a coc violation here, because it is almost always a symptom of trolling. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.1  author  Hallux  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago

TDS is not an acronym ... so before making new rules ... ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Hallux @3.1    2 years ago

Talk about nitpicking . 

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.1.2  author  Hallux  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    2 years ago

It's part of proofreading and subsequent editing. Want to get published in an A Journal find a nitpicker.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago
because the phrase implies that people are being unfairly or excessively critical of Donald Trump ,

No, it refers to those that have Trump on their mind 24/7, and brings him up in every article, no matter if it is about Trump or not, and posts thousands of articles about him, zero with any proof..

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @3.2    2 years ago

Til TODAY Trump is insisting the election was stolen from him. He hasnt even shown a fragment of proof. He refuses to leave the national stage and in effect he controls the Republican Party. He is daily news as much or more than anyone else in the news today is. It is not our fault if you dont understand that. 

You wouldnt recognize "proof' if it fell on your head from inside a piano.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.2  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    2 years ago

You made my point...

Thanks!!

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.3  devangelical  replied to  bugsy @3.2    2 years ago

funny, I thought tds referred to the morons that think a white collar criminal that couldn't win the popular vote, twice, claimed the election was rigged, twice, instigated an insurrection, obstructed the investigation, and still can't bring himself to admit he lost over a year ago, should run for president again. yeah, I left out a lot and every one of his supporters knows what I think tds stands for, while they kneel before their hero...

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2.4  author  Hallux  replied to  bugsy @3.2.2    2 years ago

You both seem to have made my point ...

Now who to thank, Skinner? Pavlov? The Box?

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.5  bugsy  replied to  devangelical @3.2.3    2 years ago

Nope...wrong

Again

BTW...I think someone is calling you on your safe space, HD

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.6  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @3.2.5    2 years ago

No, not really. I have no "derangements". I do not worship any human being, nor am I obsessed with any human, especially to try and prove a point always debunked.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.7  JohnRussell  replied to  Hallux @3.2.4    2 years ago
You both seem to have made my point ...

If you think Trump Derangement Syndrome exists, you dont have a point. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    2 years ago

We want him to control the party as long as let’s go Brandon is the leader of the other side.  We want the new GOP majorities Brandon faces next year to be Trumpists.  We want Trump out there rallying us in the interim. Even if he makes the choice not to run after the November midterm election, we want him as the face of our party and the domestic opposition right up until we have a clear leader in our Presidential primaries ready to be our nominee.  Until then at the very least it will be all about Trump and keeping him in your sides faces for the longest amount of time possible.  I like keeping him and what he says front and center…

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.9  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.8    2 years ago
We want him to control the party as long as let’s go Brandon is the leader of the other side.

Who is this 'we' that you presume to speak for?

Ender
Professor Principal
3.2.10  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.8    2 years ago

I take it compromise is a bad word where you come from.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.11  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    2 years ago
"You wouldnt recognize "proof' if it fell on your head from inside a piano." 

What was inside a piano in Casablanca?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bugsy @3.2    2 years ago
"it refers to those that have Trump on their mind 24/7"

LOL.  Anyone who has Trump on their mind 24/7 belongs in a straight jacket in an institution. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2.13  author  Hallux  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.11    2 years ago

Get Out of Jail Free papers for the unusual suspects?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.14  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hallux @3.2.13    2 years ago

Similar idea, but no cigar.  I don't think you're a classic movie buff. 

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2.15  author  Hallux  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.14    2 years ago
I don't think you're a classic movie buff. 

You think wrongly, I grew up watching CBC air all of the classics after the 11pm news.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.16  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hallux @3.2.15    2 years ago

Then I'm sorry you never tried one of my movie quizzes.  Did you ever look at them?

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.2.17  author  Hallux  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.16    2 years ago

I'm not a fan of quizzes. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.18  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hallux @3.2.17    2 years ago

No surprise.  Only around 15 members enjoyed the challenge as a distraction from the usual fare here. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.2.19  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  bugsy @3.2    2 years ago

No, it refers to those that have Trump on their mind 24/7

There is nobody on earth who wants Donald Trump to be on everyone’s mind more than Donald Trump.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.20  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @3.2.10    2 years ago

Compromise is a bad word to the secular progressive elites.  Democrats could have gotten a lot done had they been willing compromise since Jan 20, 2021.  Trump was always willing to compromise and make deals with democrats.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.21  bugsy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.12    2 years ago
Anyone who has Trump on their mind 24/7 belongs in a straight jacket in an institution.

Hear this, JR?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.22  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bugsy @3.2.21    2 years ago

I'm not JR.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.23  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    2 years ago
"You wouldnt recognize "proof' if it fell on your head from inside a piano" 

Never provided facts or proof of anything!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.24  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  bugsy @3.2    2 years ago

They are easily identified by the amount of Trump related seeds here on NT.  In most cases these seeds are the "smoking gun" or "Trump's going down" style articles with very little to back them up outside of propaganda.  Some of them don't really seed any of the aforementioned articles but will jump into the comments sections with the normal "but TRRUUUMMMMPPPP" type comments to try to derail a conversation or deflect to something completely unrelated as to not make somebody else look any worse than they actually are.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago
I'd like to see the use of the acronym TDS made a coc violation here, because it is almost always a symptom of trolling. 

Im sure you would like that.  After all the first instinct of the progressive left is to gag and content control conservative speech when things aren’t going their way.  Banning it would be counter productive.  I suppose there were some here who wanted to ban BDS back in the day….oh and Let’s go Brandon!  

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.3.1  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.3    2 years ago
Let’s go Brandon!

let's go darwin.

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.3.2  author  Hallux  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.3    2 years ago
After all the first instinct of the progressive left is to gag and content control

Is that why so many seeds by 'republicans' come with admonishments that Trump and his followers are off topic?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.3  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @3.3.2    2 years ago
Is that why so many seeds by 'republicans' come with admonishments that Trump and his followers are off topic?

No, that is because so many folks here can talk about nothing without somehow dragging Trump into it.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.3.4  Ronin2  replied to  devangelical @3.3.1    2 years ago

By all means let Darwin have his day. Think Brandon isn't a Darwin award winner? He cannot think, function, or act on his own. Any time he leaves script his handlers have to walk back his comments. Remove his corrupt handlers and Darwin will happily cut his strings.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @3.3.1    2 years ago

Darwin’s dead and he’s not coming back!  

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.3.6  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.3.5    2 years ago

... just like your savior.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @3.3.6    2 years ago

ouch...and you said that on Easter Sunday

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.8  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.3.7    2 years ago

I posted something about trumpturd jr. in buttheads and sinners about the trumpturd jr. having an Easter tweet with some Easter bunnies with guns saying Come Get It! but I got no traction.  

Someone should post trumpturd jr.s' tweet from Easter.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.4  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @3    2 years ago
I'd like to see the use of the acronym TDS made a coc violation here,

Friendly advice.

Stop suffering from it, then,

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.4.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @3.4    2 years ago

Lol! Exactly!  But why do that when he could instead suggest simply making rules to control what other people say?   Take over Twitter! 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.4.2  JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.4.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.4.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @3.4.2    2 years ago

Aw, give the poor guy a break.  I'll bet that at least he doesn't believe in Israeli Space Lasers.  

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    2 years ago

Trump has Trump Derangement Syndrome. The fool is old, tired, and completely self-centered on stirring up troubles for everybody and everything he touches! Let Trump collaborators come to his brand protection all they wish. I see that old, tired, self-centered foolish man, Donald Trump, for who he is in his public-facing persona.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @4    2 years ago

And then there’s the older decrepit diaper wearing cognitively challenged let’s go Brandon…

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.1  author  Hallux  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1    2 years ago
"let’s go Brandon…"

Speaking of "cognitively challenged" ... anyone using either phrase is wearing the decrepit mark of the beast.

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.2  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1    2 years ago

You sure you wish to mention diapers around early and late stage seniors?

Ender
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Ender  replied to  CB @4.1.2    2 years ago

I told you that in confidence....

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.4  CB  replied to  Ender @4.1.3    2 years ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  CB @4.1.2    2 years ago

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.6  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.5    2 years ago

That is NOT WHAT HE said:  And the tape has been altered. Typical non-Christian behavior from you on Easter none-the-less. No shame either!

JUST IN: Biden leaves door open for a pathway to citizenship through reconciliation

Around timestamp 00:38 ( youtu.be/F_jry1xtCME?t=37 ) a reporter off-camera can be heard asking: “Does immigration need to be in reconciliation? Must it be in reconciliation?”

Biden then appears to respond: “What must be what?” or “But what’s been what?” (not “my butt’s been wiped”, as posts claim).

While his complete phrase is not entirely clear, Reuters was able to confirm that Biden did not say the words that have been attributed to him on social media posts, by analyzing the video in slow motion and adjusting the playback speed to 0.25 in YouTube settings.

Around timestamp 00:43, with the slowed down playback speed, Biden can be heard saying the word “must”.

A transcript provided by factba.se here suggests Biden said “What must be what?”

Afterwards, the reporter replicated her question “Is there a pathway for citizenship?”, to what Biden answered: “Well there needs to be a pathway for citizenship. Whether it can be made part of immigration remains to be seen.” Further Reuters reporting on the subject can be found here .

White House representatives told Reuters Biden was reiterating his administration’s stance that they would like to see a pathway to citizenship happen legislatively.

VERDICT

False. Biden did not say “my butt’s been wiped” when responding a question from a reporter about immigration. A slowed down version of the footage suggests he said, “What must be what?”

Hallux
PhD Principal
4.1.7  author  Hallux  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1.5    2 years ago

Do not post lies in my seeds.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

"My ideas are just better." (Edith Ann aka Lily Tomlin from Laugh In)

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5    2 years ago

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1    2 years ago

jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    2 years ago

Well, I am just generally deranged...

Hallux
PhD Principal
6.1  author  Hallux  replied to  Ender @6    2 years ago

... an excellent condition with which to wile away the days.