╌>

The End Of The Big Babies

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  john-russell  •  2 years ago  •  36 comments

The End Of The Big Babies
A great cloud has been lifted from the national consciousness, and we are once again looking forward to being ourselves. No longer will ex Navy Seals be "forced" to complain about having to wear a mask on an airplane, no more will self-centered slobs be required to take orders from mere flight attendants, no more will drunken young women be compelled to throw punches at fellow air travelers whilst 40,000 feet in the air

A new day has dawned in America, and untold numbers of our fellow citizens can go back to their "normal" modes of behavior, whatever that was.

(CNN) -- Scenes ranging from excitement to confusion played out Monday across America's airports after a federal judge struck down the Biden administration's mask mandate for public transportation.

Some passengers learned of the Florida judge's decision on the rule aimed at mitigating the Covid-19 threat just moments before takeoff, as flight attendants announced that for the first time in nearly two years, masks were optional.

Southwest passenger Pam Eason captured video of the moment a crew member told a plane full of passengers that Southwest had dropped its mask requirement. In the video, passengers can be heard clapping and cheering, and one says, "Yay, no more masks!"

After 2 years and an abrupt end to the Covid-19 mask mandate, passengers are excited and confused (cbs58.com)

A great cloud has been lifted from the national consciousness, and we are once again looking forward to being ourselves. No longer will ex Navy Seals be "forced" to complain about having to wear a mask on an airplane, no more will self-centered slobs be required to take orders from mere flight attendants, no more will drunken young women be compelled to throw punches at fellow air travelers whilst 40,000 feet in the air. 

This is such a happy time in America. 

-

During the height of the covid shutdown I looked at a fair number of so called "Karen" videos which at that time often featured self-entitled people screaming at their fellow human beings about their "freedom" and , gee whiz, you would have thought they were being forced into a gulag where their fingernails would be pulled off , rather than asked to wear a mask while they were in a store or on public transportation.  Big babies all. 

Now that this long national nightmare of mask requirements is over everything in this country will be great again, right? 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    2 years ago

I would say that we will never again have to listen to conservatives whine about how unfair it was that they had to wear a mask, but I'm sure many of them will find something else to whine about kamala.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&ssl=1

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

Fair is fair. I'm sure that liberals will find something about conservatives to endlessly whine about going forward.

A lotta lefties didn't like masks or lock downs either

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    2 years ago

What is truly amazing, but not unexpected, is the fact that they are still free to wear the masks if they please. No one said "No Masks Allowed Anymore". FFS

That, ladies and gentlemen, defines who the REAL babies are. "Put your mask on. You're scaring me WAAAAAHHHH"

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    2 years ago

of course both on the left and right do not like masks or lock downs, but when the Stupidity of some not wearing masks becomes one of the main reasons a lockdown becomes necessary, a catch 22 is created causing a revolution where people cry about the slightest inconvenience, which caused the largest inconvenience that which for many, was a once in a lifetime, as our world continues, like you, to spin around and a round what time do

you think we will ever awake, from the damn stupidity caused by this mistake...? 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.1.1    2 years ago
What is truly amazing, but not unexpected, is the fact that they are still free to wear the masks if they please. No one said "No Masks Allowed Anymore". FFS

But what are they going to do!!!!!  Nobody his there to hold their precious little hands and tell them what to do!!!!!  God forbid they think for themselves.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    2 years ago

I can't stand wearing the mask but since I work in a hospital, I do it, but I don't whine and complain about it endlessly  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.4    2 years ago
"So what?  Do you want a fucking medal or something?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.5    2 years ago

c10b42d7e75ccf5689ccf6b80887d580.jpg

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.6    2 years ago

So .... how long did they keep you in that room?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago

What does the science say?  All states had already dropped mask mandates in public spaces and schools.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2    2 years ago

Philadelphia has just re-mandated masks for certain things due to substantial increases in viral upswings

in Covid 19 infections, as they are up, as the Science, does say so.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2    2 years ago

That's not true regarding schools.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.2    2 years ago

It is here in NC. Masks optional.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.3    2 years ago

That's the case for NC. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.4    2 years ago

Didn't say it was everywhere. That was a strange comeback...........................it was an informational comment. Don't jump so fast next time. You'll hurt yourself......or look foolish

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.5    2 years ago

You supplied the information for NC.  Big whoop.

Note I changed my comment.

Now you can change yours before you look foolish.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.6    2 years ago

That you admit you changed yours is plenty enough to show the facts. And here you admit it. And your comment "That's the case for NC." is just a piggy back (literally) to my comment and not original at all. Sorry.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.7    2 years ago

So what?  Do you want a fucking medal or something?

I made a mistake and admitted it.  Never happens on the other end.  Just excuses and whining.

Make sure you flag this comment or one of your buddies.  You know the drill.  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.8    2 years ago
Do you want a fucking medal or something?

Do you award medals for that?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.10  Sparty On  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.2    2 years ago

The science has always said cloth masks are only marginally effect.    N95 masks are better if properly fitted and used .... which most aren’t from what I’ve seen.

A properly fitted OBA or M50 gas mask is the ticket.    Yeah ..... With fresh filters see?    Full MOPP gear is rather effective as well .... 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.11  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.3    2 years ago

Same in AZ. The governor has left it up to individuals public facilities to decide whether to use masks or not. It is mandatory in all health care facilities. School district in my small rural town has made it optional. My 11 year old granddaughter chooses to wear one to school. I have had the two Moderna injections plus the booster and do not wear a mask in public unless required by a establishment that says masks required and I have no problem with that.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2.11    2 years ago
The governor has left it up to individuals public facilities to decide whether to use masks or not.

As it should be ...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.2    2 years ago

Only a very few across the country still require masks.

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.3  squiggy  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 years ago
will find something else to whine about

Yes, and I note the Harris picture - which will take us to the free-for-all fuckup, which is immigration. It's the flood of people seeking jobs on the bottom rung where much of the left's me-too clout comes from. Good luck explaining economic competition to those constituents.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    2 years ago

Great gaslight John!     

You’re getting better at it.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    2 years ago

Even though I am vaxed and twice boosted, I still and will wear a mask when in public.  It is a choice I make voluntarily.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1  Jack_TX  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    2 years ago
Even though I am vaxed and twice boosted, I still and will wear a mask when in public.  It is a choice I make voluntarily.

And I respect that choice.

I'm vaxed and single boosted, but I only wear a mask in a very limited number of settings.  I realize they can be helpful, but I don't really find myself in very many situations where they would be both practical and meaningful.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1    2 years ago
And I respect that choice.

Me too.    

The separation usually occurs when a masked person starts bagging on an unmasked person.    If I’m not comfortable is a social setting that might have unmasked people I don’t go.

Thats another voluntary choice for all of us.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.1    2 years ago

It does go both ways you know. I have been busted on for choosing to wear a mask. 

Voluntary means for all, either way.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.2    2 years ago

It’s true, being a prick does not have a pro or anti mask bias.

Once a prick always a prick. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.2    2 years ago

You read my mind.  People can be real assholes towards those who choose to wear masks voluntarily.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.4    2 years ago

Lol .....

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    2 years ago

Ditto

epistte
Junior Guide
4.3  epistte  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    2 years ago

I still wear a mask in grocery stores and other crowded public areas.

I am vacc'd and single boosted.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

GOOD LUCK.