╌>

Mayor Adams: Influx of Illegal Aliens a 'Real Burden' on New Yorkers

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  117 comments

By:   YahooNews

Mayor Adams: Influx of Illegal Aliens a 'Real Burden' on New Yorkers
Adams asserted that asylum seekers have protected status, and that while they're residing in New York City, his administration has the obligation to provide them resources.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

During a press conference Tuesday, Mayor Eric Adams said that the influx of illegal aliens has proven a "real burden" on New York City's safety net and public services.

"This is a real burden on New Yorkers as we're trying to do the right thing. We already have an overburdened shelter system. So now we're talking about food, clothing, school. This is going to impact our schools because we do not turn away individuals because they are undocumented," Adams said.

"Translation services. There is just a whole host of things that this is going to produce," he added, referring to the expected negative externalities from the surge of asylum seekers arriving in the city. "We need help."

On Tuesday, Adams petitioned the federal government to provide aid to support the city as it accommodates the large numbers of immigrants. Over 2,800 people have entered New York City's shelter system, he said.

"Currently, New York City is experiencing a marked increase in the number of asylum seekers who are arriving from Latin America and other regions. In some instances, families are arriving on buses sent by the Texas and Arizona governments, while in other cases, it appears that individuals are being sent by the federal government," Adams said in a prepared statement.

Adams asserted that asylum seekers have protected status, and that while they're residing in New York City, his administration has the obligation to provide them resources.

"If we do not get these urgently needed resources, we may struggle to provide the proper level of support our clients deserve, while also facing challenges as we serve both a rapidly growing shelter population and new clients who are seeking asylum. We are calling on the federal government to partner with New York City as we help asylum seekers navigate this process, and to provide financial and technical resources," Adams wrote.

Last month, the New York supreme court struck down a recently passed law that allowed non-citizens to vote in local elections. The "Our City, Our Vote" law would've given the right to vote to an estimated 800,000 adults to vote for offices, including mayor. Staten Island justice Ralph J. Porzio decided that enfranchising non-citizens with voting rights would require a referendum, according to the New York Times.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

So Biden lets them in and Adams wants the American taxpayer to pay for them.

I believe it was Donald Trump who had the right policy - Let asylum seekers wait in Mexico!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Hell, while they're waiting, maybe they could get that wall going Trump said they were goin  to pay for

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1    2 years ago

That ok, just keep calling them "Latinex."

They're getting it!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    2 years ago

Wait a minute there... how about some blame on Texas who's bussing them into us?

Here is something you could be giving NY some credit on. Unlike San Fran and other cities, we actually take care of our homeless and keep them off the street. 

Adams is doing the best he can given the circumstances.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.2    2 years ago
Here is something you could be giving NY some credit on. Unlike San Fran and other cities, we actually take care of our homeless and keep them off the street. 

That I will give you and your fellow New Yorkers credit for.

Adams is doing the best he can given the circumstances.

I once thought he was the best man for the job. Now I know it was the guy in the red beret

Wait a minute there... how about some blame on Texas who's bussing them into us?

The federal government did it too and in the article, Adams blames Biden as well

As for that Great State that got everyone focused on this:

The stars at night
Are big and bright
Deep in the heart of Texas

The prairie sky
Is wide and high

The coyotes wail
Along the trail

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    2 years ago
I once thought he was the best man for the job. Now I know it was the guy in the red beret

Are you kidding? This mayor is so hands-on, unlike the other moron that was our Mayor. You just don't like him because of the D after his name on the ballot.

Nice deflection... Texas is doing the busing. They are making their problem our problem. Leave them in Texas, so you don't mind sending your tax dollars to help. You always don't mind helping a republican state.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.4    2 years ago
Are you kidding? This mayor is so hands-on, unlike the other moron that was our Mayor. You just don't like him because of the D after his name on the ballot.

That's not true Perrie. Don't you recall our discussion of the NYC Mayoral race? Once it got to the general election between Adams and Sliwa, I said now You're ok. Remember?  They were both singing LAW & ORDER loud and clear. I gave Adams plenty of time to perform as Mayor.

Nice deflection... Texas is doing the busing.

And Biden was flying them in.

They are making their problem our problem. Leave them in Texas,

No Perrie, leave them in Mexico. You see, anyone who voted for Biden made it our problem!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    2 years ago
Nice deflection... Texas is doing the busing.

And Biden was flying them in.

Really? Please explain this article:

And btw, please find the flights that they came in on.

No Perrie, leave them in Mexico. You see, anyone who voted for Biden made it our problem!

And anyone who voted for Trump, voted for a useless expensive wall, that doesn't stop them from entering illegally all over the border states, or have you missed them crossing daily?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.6    2 years ago
Really? Please explain this article:

Explain it? It was a stoke of genius by Gov Abbott, who is far superior to what you have in NYC. Now Perrie, you get to clearly see how open the border actually is.

And anyone who voted for Trump, voted for a useless expensive wall, that doesn't stop them from entering illegally all over the border states, or have you missed them crossing daily?

First of all the wall never got fully built because of democrat resistance. It cost the taxpayer more to not finish it under Biden than to simply put up the wall panels that are rotting along the border. As for the "Remain in Mexico" policy of Donald Trump - it proved to be the most effective asylum policy the US ever deployed on the border. Biden ended it and stubbornly defied Court orders to reinstitute it right up until he got a ruling he wanted.  

And we haven't even discussed the Fentanyl that's flowing across the border!

Still think everything is fine along the border?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.7    2 years ago

(deleted)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.7    2 years ago

293037074_3255565991380202_2976765379495771250_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=bJaM06TW6KgAX_w07_D&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_OuxUi4VTTtCGWUtnFElYxHGIT2Ktc4E9hYmrAw7jCmg&oe=62DE1556

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.11  Greg Jones  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.4    2 years ago

"Texas is doing the busing. They are making their problem our problem. Leave them in Texas."

Why should the border states have to with a problem made much  worse by Biden?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.7    2 years ago
Explain it? It was a stoke of genius by Gov Abbott, who is far superior to what you have in NYC. Now Perrie, you get to clearly see how open the border actually is.

Gov Abbott being more superior is a matter of your opinion. I think his abortion laws suck and are afront to every woman. 

As for the wall. It never worked. There was actual footage of people claiming over the thing. I know about Fentanyl coming over the border and I never said things were fine there, but they were never fine there.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.12    2 years ago
Explain it? It was a stoke of genius by Gov Abbott, who is far superior to what you have in NYC.

Governor Abbott is a corupt idiot. Thats what my family down in San Antonio says and I see no reason to doubt them. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.14  Jack_TX  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.2    2 years ago

Why shouldn't you have your fair share of them?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.15  Jack_TX  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.4    2 years ago
They are making their problem our problem.

Yes.  We are.   Not sorry.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.16  JBB  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.14    2 years ago

Der! New York has immigrants from everywhere in the world.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.17  Jack_TX  replied to  JBB @1.1.16    2 years ago
Der!

Isn't it wonderfully ironic that people who open statements with this are usually getting ready to say something really stupid?

New York has immigrants from everywhere in the world.

Excellent. Then 2800 more should not be "a real burden".

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.18  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.12    2 years ago
I think his abortion laws suck and are afront to every woman. 

Fair enough.

As for the wall. It never worked. 

It was never completed, However the Remain-in-Mexico Policy did work!

I know about Fentanyl coming over the border and I never said things were fine there, but they were never fine there.

Much better than now. You don't think so?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
“Currently, New York City is experiencing a marked increase in the number of asylum seekers who are arriving from Latin America and other regions. In some instances, families are arriving on buses sent by the Texas and Arizona governments, while in other cases, it appears that individuals are being sent by the federal government,”

Wait!!!! I was told by the left that the Federal Government wasn't moving illegals around the country.

We are calling on the federal government to partner with New York City as we help asylum seekers navigate this process, and to provide financial and technical resources,” Adams wrote.

Since when do we "owe" them financial support?  We don't "owe" them a goddamn thing.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago
We don't "owe" them a goddamn thing.

No shit..............what a bunch of crap. Soon I am sure we will see some bleeding heart liberal members spewing "have you no compassion for your fellow man" bullshit. Sure we do. But this is overboard. We can feel for them while they wait in Mexico for the determination of their true status. 

bccrane
Freshman Silent
2.2  bccrane  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago

It seems we're already "owing" them.  Just this late winter here, my brother stopped to see if a group of people needed assistance for their new car was stuck in the ditch after skidding out on the ice and snow, not one of them could speak english, they instead pulled out their new cell phone and called someone to translate for them, my brother found out they had just came from Guatemala and bought the house down the road with the new pickup truck in the driveway and all of them were wearing new winter clothing including boots and Carhartt's.  It didn't come up in the conversation just exactly how they ended up in this area in the middle of nowhere, my brother didn't think to ask at the time and they have since moved on.

The thing is in order to get to the US, the usual step is through a cartel, how are they able to afford what they now have and pay the cartel also?  If it is our government that is directly paying or guaranteeing reimbursement to the immigrants what they owe the cartels (it could also be through a foundation, I wonder who could be financing that) then our government is funding human and drug trafficking.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago
Since when do we "owe" them financial support?  We don't "owe" them a goddamn thing.

Then leave them in Texas where it is easier to send them back.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3    2 years ago

They aren't going back. Trump had them wait in Mexico, remember?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.3.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3.1    2 years ago

Yes, and Texas is making their problem, our problem.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3.2    2 years ago

What happens on the border is ALL OUR problem.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.4  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3    2 years ago
Then leave them in Texas where it is easier to send them back.

Biden wants them here, he can have them at his place.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @2.3.4    2 years ago

Reminds me of, the one I love,
Deep in the heart of Texas.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.3.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3.3    2 years ago

But bussing them is not. It's Abbot's way of making his problem NYC problem. He actually said so.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.7  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3.6    2 years ago

Gee, why shouldn't one of the very states that helped to elect Biden NOT be affected by his disastrous policies?

Why should only red states bear the brunt of those policies?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.3.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3.6    2 years ago

Isn't there labor on Long Island and elsewhere in NY that native born Americans aren't willing to do?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.3.8    2 years ago

What about this:

statue-of-liberty-inscription.jpg

I can still see it from the Battery

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3    2 years ago

That's hard to do when Biden Airways is flying them all over the country.  

But why not keep the policy where they stay in Mexico?  That was working.  But, that's right.  It come from the last administration and, you know, because Trump put it in place this Dumpster Fire had to do away with it.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3.2    2 years ago
Yes, and Texas is making their problem, our problem.

So you're one of hose NIMBY people. As long as it's somewhere not near you it's not an issue.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.3.12  Greg Jones  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3.2    2 years ago

Why  is it just Texas's problem?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.13  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @2.3.12    2 years ago
Why  is it just Texas's problem?

Because.........NIMBY!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.3.14  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.3.8    2 years ago
Isn't there labor on Long Island and elsewhere in NY that native born Americans aren't willing to do?

Yes, because they are not getting paid min wage. But if you are not working and there is a full-paying job, you better be working.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.3.15  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3.9    2 years ago

Yes, I can see it too. What is your point?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.16  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3.14    2 years ago
Yes, because they are not getting paid min wage.

Someone with knowledge of illegal payments should turn those folks in to the labor board in the state of New York.

Here is a link you can pass along to anyone worried enough to report it:

Department of Labor Home Page | Department of Labor (ny.gov)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.17  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3.15    2 years ago

Democrats like to cite it when they defend illegal migration, can't I cite it when those same migrants are delivered to NYC?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3  1stwarrior    2 years ago

The "Our City, Our Vote" law would've given the right to vote to an estimated 800,000 adults to vote for offices, including mayor.

So, wait a minute - it's OK to allow 800,000 "Illegal Aliens" to vote in local elections, but they're complaining 'bout 2,800 who were just added to the population?  Who's paying for the 800K Adams - sure ain't NYC.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  1stwarrior @3    2 years ago
So, wait a minute - it's OK to allow 800,000 "Illegal Aliens" to vote in local elections, but they're complaining 'bout 2,800 who were just added to the population? 

What are you talking about? They are NOT allowed to vote in local elections. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1    2 years ago

Thanks to a judge stopping it!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    2 years ago

It was the city council and not the people of NY who were on board. The Staten Island judge stopped it, (rightfully so). But you have misrepresented what is going on here, and that is not right.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.2    2 years ago

Didn't the people of NY vote for the city council???

But you have misrepresented what is going on here, and that is not right.

I haven't misrepresented anything.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    2 years ago
Didn't the people of NY vote for the city council???

No they did not.

How are city council members usually chosen?
Council Members are nominated by the ward they wish to represent and are elected to the city council at-large. The Mayor is elected by the voters at-large. The Mayor and Council Members for Wards 1, 2, and 4 are elected in the same year, while Wards 3, 5, and 6 elect their Council Members in the same year.
See, you misrepresented that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1    2 years ago

They're all pretending here that it's allowed.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.4    2 years ago
See, you misrepresented that.

By asking you a question?????  How could that be construed as a misrepresentation?

Your answer is that they are elected to the city council at large. You get what you vote for. Could it be because they had a D after their names?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.6    2 years ago
Your answer is that they are elected to the city council at large. You get what you vote for. Could it be because they had a D after their names?

I'll tell you the same thing about those school boards that the parents are complaining about. They actually elected them.

Did they all have D's after their name? Is everything with you about D's and R's?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.7    2 years ago

When I look at candidates for school board I always have one big problem. I know nothing about them. There is little if any campaigning for school board.

How many agree with me?

In the end we should never have school boards who work against parents.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    2 years ago

So now you're all pretending that this alleged influx of illegal aliens are voting???????

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @4    2 years ago

Not anymore thanks to a judge with a backbone.

But NYC gave it a damn good try.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1    2 years ago

Not even they're beloved New York Times will they read:

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    2 years ago

You might want to look at the date on that article. 

They are NOT allowed to vote:

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.2    2 years ago

I'm fully aware of the date and the fact that a Judge prevented it from happening.

I posted it because one of our members here didn't even know that New York City democrats tried to pass such an unconstitutional law.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.3    2 years ago

What you posted was misleading. That is why 1st thought we were allowing it. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.4    2 years ago

No, Everyone except Tessylo knew that NYC tried to let those illegals vote and would have if it weren't for a Judge who stood up for the Constitution.

BTW, the reference to the Times Piece was made after 1st comment.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    2 years ago

See post 4

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.5    2 years ago

Don't lie and don't put words in my mouth.

charger 383
Professor Silent
5  charger 383    2 years ago

Another Mayor doesn't want feral cats in his city?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @5    2 years ago

That ignorance isn't funny.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @5.1    2 years ago
That ignorance isn't funny.

Then why do you constantly use it?

Right Down the Center
Junior Guide
6  Right Down the Center    2 years ago

Another example of when they get their way they have their hand out expecting everyone else to pay for it. You and the rest of the liberals want it, pay for it yourselves and stop spending other people's money. They are having enough trouble keeping food on their own tables without taking on added expenses so you can virtue signal and try to make political points with your socialist base.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Right Down the Center @6    2 years ago

You have got to be kidding. Texas has made their problem our problem. Stop bussing them into NY and leave them in Texas. Then you can pay your tax dollars to a conservative state, which of course will be OK with you all.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1    2 years ago

Joe Biden sent them to you first. Now you complain?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.1    2 years ago

He did? Prove that.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.2    2 years ago

Here you go:

Don't you believe your mayor?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1    2 years ago

The actual point is why would US taxpayers have to provide for aliens? Shouldn't the people we allow in be self-supporting?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.4    2 years ago

Texas has spent a fortune trying to keep them out....A job the federal government SHOULD BE DOING!

The coyotes wail, along the trail,
Deep in the heart of Texas,
The rabbits rush, around the brush,
The cowboys cry, "Ki-yip-pee-yi,"
Deep in the heart of Texas,
The dogies bawl, and bawl and bawl,

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.3    2 years ago

No, I don't believe the NY Post. 

Here are the actual facts:

IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT

• The federal government transports adult detainees in its custody from one facility to another, or from one U.S. city to another during deportation proceedings.

• The vast majority of people on the flights are unaccompanied minors who crossed the border, requested asylum under immigration law, and are being released from federal custody to a parent or sponsor.

• Some of these flights happen at night, but they are not covert operations. The same types of flights were done by the Trump administration.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.4    2 years ago

I agree. Then leave them in Texas and let them take care of themselves.

Right Down the Center
Junior Guide
6.1.8  Right Down the Center  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1    2 years ago

Texas has made it clear they don't want them but your solution seems to be to shove them down the throat of Texans and then walk away. New York city seems to want them but then they have an issue when they get them. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Right Down the Center @6.1.8    2 years ago

NYC has never said that they wanted them. Don't make up stuff. This is a boarder issue. Keep it there.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1    2 years ago
Stop bussing them into NY and leave them in Texas.

Why shouldn't our immigrants be allowed to go where that want to go?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.7    2 years ago

Apparently, not all want to stay in Texas.  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.9    2 years ago
This is a boarder issue.

Seems to be a national issue.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.13  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.6    2 years ago
No, I don't believe the NY Post. 

Why not? They are right far more often that the Times. Evidently you don't believe your Mayor either.

Sorry Perrie, Politifact is regarded as left leaning by AllSides Media.   Bias Rating:   Lean Left

As far as I can see Politifact is an excuse maker for the left.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.7    2 years ago
I agree. Then leave them in Texas and let them take care of themselves.

Nope!

Biden wants them here, he can take care of them.

Why should Texas shoulder the financial burden when it is Biden's disastrous handling of the situation which is the real problem?

Seems like many Democrats want a huge influx of aliens--just not in their own backyard!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.9    2 years ago
This is a boarder issue. Keep it there.

Should Texas expect a tiny bit of help on enforcing immigration laws from the feds?

Or do you expect Texas to do Biden's job for him?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.16  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.14    2 years ago

Biden, should he make it to next year, should be impeached for dereliction of duty.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.16    2 years ago

Seems like some New Yorkers caught a very bad case of NIMBY!

Awww....

charger 383
Professor Silent
6.1.18  charger 383  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.10    2 years ago

Why should they be here in the first place?

Right Down the Center
Junior Guide
6.1.19  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.14    2 years ago

Just another case of liberals creating a problem for someone else so they can feel better about themselves but don't want to actually solve anything.

Right Down the Center
Junior Guide
6.1.20  Right Down the Center  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.9    2 years ago

NYC is not considered a sanctuary city? This is a border issue brought on by the folks in the white house and anyone that supports the lack of border policy. Texas should not have to provide funds for a check someone else wrote. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.21  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.12    2 years ago

I didn't realize that you were such an advocate for illegal immigrants crossing the border.  I'm kind of shocked.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.22  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.13    2 years ago

And I see the Post as leaning right as most NYers do. So really what is the difference. Their reporting was fair about this.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.23  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.14    2 years ago

You speak out of both sides of your mouth. You don't want them and if a quote "Liberal" city takes them, they shouldn't get gov assistance. Then let them stay in your state and get the gov assistance. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.23    2 years ago
You speak out of both sides of your mouth.

That's bull.

You don't want them and if a quote "Liberal" city takes them, they shouldn't get gov assistance. Then let them stay in your state and get the gov assistance. 

I don't think ANY taxpayer money should be spent on illegal aliens--they should be fully self-supporting, whether they are in Texas, New York, or any place in this country.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.25  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.21    2 years ago

I don't think that I advocated for anything on this thread.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.1.26  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  charger 383 @6.1.18    2 years ago

I haven't said that they should.  But if our policy is to let them remain until a hearing, why shouldn't they remain in a location where they have friends/family/

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.27  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.1.25    2 years ago

Then answer your own questions. I'd like to see that first.

Otherwise, I don't play games.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.30  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  dennis smith @6.1.28    2 years ago

I find a lot of things amazing that people deny. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
6.1.32  Jack_TX  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1    2 years ago
Texas has made their problem our problem.

You've said this about 4 times now.  

You have 2800 of these people.  You don't begin to have our problem. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.33  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.22    2 years ago
So really what is the difference.

If we both discount sources, which btw are allowed by MBFC, we both get nowhere. That's the point.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  seeder  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

One New Yorker tried to warn them.... "New York City will never recover -- and more residents will be fleeing to Florida and Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee."

2021-11-01T194400Z_459843122_RC2VLQ9D8BI8_RTRMADP_3_NEW-YORK-ELECTION.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 years ago

Vic,

No one is fleeing. There has been even an uptick in the city of people. And no one is fleeing because of immigrants. It was the cost of living that drove some down south.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.2    2 years ago

That's odd, since this is what a very non partisan metrotrends said:

The current metro area population of New York City in 2022 is   18,867,000 , a 0.23% increase from 2021. The metro area population of New York City in 2021 was 18,823,000, a 0.1% increase from 2020.

New York City Metro Area Population 1950-2022 - Macrotrends

And even if we believe your numbers, we are a city of 8.82 million as of 2021. That means our net loss is only 1.5% of our population.

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.1.4  bugsy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1    2 years ago
No one is fleeing.

BS. We here in North Florida are sick and tired of seeing those ugly orange and black license plates...and no...not all of them here temporarily to go to Orlando and Tampa for the amusement parks.

Most of them are staying here for good.

Same with New Jersey and Connecticut.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1.3    2 years ago

alert the news agency!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  dennis smith @7.1.6    2 years ago
Perrie said that it was the cost of living that drove some down south.

I guess that SALT tax was really getting to them!

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
7.1.8  Jack_TX  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1.3    2 years ago
And even if we believe your numbers,

He cited the US Census.  Surely we're not having a credibility argument about the US Census.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1    2 years ago
It was the cost of living that drove some down south.

And would you include rising crime and less policing?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
8  Nerm_L    2 years ago

Welcome to 2022 America.  Apparently these politicians have finally pulled their heads out of their backsides.  Now they need to pull their thumbs out of their backsides and do something.

New Yorkers will obviously blame Greg Abbott; that would be the politically anal thing to do.  But Abbott didn't invite these migrants into Texas.  That's what New York politics has done.  Abbott is only sharing the rewards that New York politics has been advocating.  Abbott didn't create this mess.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Nice to the reality of the issue finally dawn on poor Mayor Adams.  Suddenly it's  a problem when it happens in his backyard.

By all means, every border state should bus every illegal immigrant it comes across to states whose congressional delegations have worked against border security.  They created the problem, they refuse to solve and they should deal with the costs to the extent possible. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @9    2 years ago
By all means, every border state should bus every illegal immigrant it comes across to states whose congressional delegations have worked against border security. 

I'm sorry, but I don't remember Mayor Adams working against border security. I don't remember our gov doing it either. 

And there never was border security. It was just an illusion of it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1    2 years ago

Might want to clue the Biden Administration in then, because their opinion certainly is different on that matter:

Border Patrol pushes back on Mayorkas claim that southern border is secure: ‘They are liars’ (yahoo.com)

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
9.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.1    2 years ago
There were more than  207,000 migrant encounters  in June alone,

Biden, the left and the Democrats are full of shit.  You wouldn't have that many encounters with a secure border.  

A high-level CBP source told Fox News last month that there have been 440,000 known gotaways since the fiscal year began in October -- with over 50,000 in May. Combined with the 400,000 known gotaways since the beginning of FY 2021, that means that more than 800,000 illegal immigrants have gotten past agents since October 2020

So under 1 million illegals just under Biden's watch.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @9.1.2    2 years ago

Hey, you know it, I know it, Perrie knows it.

It seems like just a handful of voters and the Biden Admin. doesn't know that,

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1    2 years ago
I'm sorry, but I don't remember Mayor Adams working against border security

I'm sorry, but I specifically referred to  Congress  (and the President) who refuse to secure our border.  Tell, me did did NYC vote for Biden, Schumer,  etc..?  But tell me, did Adams revoke NYC's status as a "sanctuary city?"  NYC elects opponents of border security and immigration enforcement. It's crazy   to pretend otherwise. 

It's amazing to me the Democratic Party has fought tooth and nail against enforcement of border security and deportations.  Yet they cry unfair when the policies they support come back to bite them. 

Democrats support illegal immigration.   Why try and pretend otherwise? 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
9.1.5  Jack_TX  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1    2 years ago
I'm sorry, but I don't remember Mayor Adams working against border security. I don't remember our gov doing it either. 

No, but AOC surely did.  Maybe they could have a word.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10  Tessylo    2 years ago

294033910_390636249801314_8422812258890136800_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=Rk_lYp6232IAX_FIhfb&_nc_oc=AQmlRlr4cauydB8cHk8bQHbgIibxTTUhV9rJegj1sFo2z7Dpm0vyREhLO-vXxt4XB_A&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT97UwD1hF36gRgBJ8Pqe0UN-Q1z348jJEuPECeWbJaOfA&oe=62DF22FA