╌>

Mayor Adams furious after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott sent dozens of migrants to New York City against their will - CBS New York

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 years ago  •  346 comments

By:   Marcia Kramer, Ali Bauman (CBSNewYork)

Mayor Adams furious after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott sent dozens of migrants to New York City against their will - CBS New York
A city official said some migrants were confused, and relief workers said many had no idea they were coming here.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

logo-square-32.svg

By Marcia Kramer, Ali Bauman

Updated on: August 5, 2022 / 11:25 PM / CBS New York

Texas governor sends migrants to NYC as border war erupts02:59

NEW YORK -- A red state, blue state border war has erupted after Texas Gov. Greg Abbott sent dozens of migrants to the Port Authority Bus Terminal, taking advantage of New York City's right to shelter law as he fights with President Joe Biden over immigration policy.

Mayor Eric Adams is furious, CBS2's Marcia Kramer reported Friday.

The Port Authority Bus Terminal became the scene of the crime - what city officials think is a political crime by Abbott.

The Texas governor bused over 40 migrants - men, women and children - to New York City, his new drop-off location, to remove them from border towns in a challenge to the Biden administration's open border policies.

"Governor Greg Abbott is continuing to play with the lives of human beings. We think this is cruel, it's disgusting and it's pure cowardice," said Manuel Castro, commissioner of the mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs.

A spokesperson for Adams called the move "an embarrassing stain on the state of Texas," but stressed that as a right to shelter city, he would welcome the asylum seekers with open arms.

In a statement, Adams' press secretary Fabien Levy said, "... but we are asking for resources to help do so. We need Washington, D.C.'s assistance in dealing with the cruel political games being played by inept politicians like the governor of Texas."

Abbott has been busing migrants to Washington, D.C. but said New York City will be a new location.

"New York City is the ideal destination for these migrants, who can receive the abundance of city services and housing that Mayor Eric Adams has boasted about within in the sanctuary city. I hope he follows through on his promise of welcoming all migrants with open arms so that our overrun and overwhelmed border towns can find relief," Abbott said in a statement.

Castro said some of the migrants were confused to arrive in the Big Apple and relief workers who met the buses said many had no idea they were coming to New York City.

"I spoke to another family who thought were coming to Maryland, and in fact, their paperwork from immigration says that they were going to these destinations, but they were lied to in Texas and now they're being sent to New York City," Castro said.

"Some of them weren't even supposed to be in New York. I mean there's people going to Portland, Oregon. We had to get them tickets to North Carolina, Washington, D.C. and all sorts of other places. So they were kind of inappropriately brought to New York," said relief worker Andrea Garbarini.

Kathryn Kliff, a legal aid attorney, said she's also worried that Abbott sent people here against their will.

"By their own choice, have endured horrific things before they got here and this is just an additional trauma to be sent somewhere that's not where you want to be," Kliff said.

Watch Marcia Kramer's report

Texas governor sends dozens of migrants to New York City02:32

CBS2's Ali Bauman spoke with a 44-year-old single father of three from Venezuela who wants to stay anonymous because he fears for his safety.

He has been staying in Queens with his three sons since they arrived a few days ago.

In Spanish, he spoke about their journey.

"I spent five days in the jungle from Colombia to Panama," he said. "I got robbed, all my food and money was taken, so my kids and I spent two days in the jungle with no food."

Eventually, they made it to Texas.

"This charity in Texas sent us a voucher so we could fly from Texas to Chicago to New York," he said.

He added he feels blessed to have shelter, food and fresh clothing here, and he and his children say they're excited about the future.

This father is one of the 4,000 migrants seeking asylum who have come to New York City this summer.

Adams, meanwhile, is now turning to the federal government for more resources.

"We already have a housing crisis. Help us here because not only it's housing, it's translation services, it's education, it is food," he said.

The city is helped by nonprofits like Catholic Migration Services in Brooklyn, which provides legal services.

"We have the knowledge to help them. We just need more resources to be able to," said Raluca Oncioiu, an attorney with Catholic Migration Services' immigration program.

She says they're now receiving hearing notices for immigration court for people who are not their clients and they cannot contact.

"A number of them have told us that it was the officers at the border who put the address on the papers," she said. "Processes that have been put in place to ensure that people have their day in court, that they can actually seek asylum, those processes are being bypassed."

The city says it is increasing its capacities across the board for additional beds in the shelter system, as well as interpreters and legal services.

Legal Aid is asking Adams and Castro to provide a plan for addressing the needs of the migrants who have arrived here.

• In:
  • Port Authority Bus Terminal
  • greg abbott
  • Texas
  • Eric Adams
  • New York City

Marcia Kramermarcia-kramer-small-2020.png

Marcia Kramer joined CBS2 in 1990 as an investigative and political reporter. Prior to CBS2, she was the City Hall bureau chief at the New York Daily News.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

At least those poor refugees are not in Texas now...

Most will end up in flyover country before very long.

New York City is not a great place for poor people...

The jobs and housing they all need is in other places.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

What?

I thought NYC was a sanctuary city?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @1.1    2 years ago

New York is a sanctuary city and New York will continue to help people get to the places where there are jobs and housing waiting for them...

BTW, they are legal pending final adjudication. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    2 years ago
New York will continue to help people get to the places where there are jobs and housing waiting for them..

Exactly, they just want Washington to pay for it.  Maybe the administration can shift some of the additional funding that they've been sending to Texas and AZ and move it to NYC and DC.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    2 years ago

NYC is INTENTIONALLY/BLATANTLY violating Fed law/policy/procedures -

8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens

(a) Criminal penalties

(1)
(A) Any person who—
(i)
knowing that a person is an   alien , brings to or attempts to bring to the   United States   in any manner whatsoever such person at a place other than a designated port of entry or place other than as designated by the   Commissioner,   regardless of whether such   alien   has received prior official authorization to come to, enter, or reside in the   United States   and regardless of any future official action which may be taken with respect to such   alien;
(ii)
knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an   alien   has come to, entered, or remains in the   United States   in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such   alien   within the   United States   by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law;
(iii)
knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an   alien   has come to, entered, or remains in the   United States   in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such   alien   in any place, including any building or any means of transportation;
(iv)
encourages or induces an   alien   to come to, enter, or reside in the   United States , knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or   residence   is or will be in violation of law; or
(v)
(I)
engages in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts, or
(II)
aids or abets the commission of any of the preceding acts,
shall be punished as provided in subparagraph (B).
(B) A person who violates subparagraph (A) shall, for each   alien   in respect to whom such a violation occurs—
(i)
in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i) or (v)(I) or in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), or (iv) in which the offense was done for the purpose of commercial advantage or private financial gain, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both;
(ii)
in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), (iv), or (v)(II), be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;
(iii)
in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) during and in relation to which the person causes serious bodily injury (as defined in   section 1365 of title 18 ) to, or places in jeopardy the life of, any person, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and
(iv)
in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) resulting in the death of any person, be punished by death or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, fined under title 18, or both.
(C)
It is not a violation of clauses  [1]   (ii) or (iii) of subparagraph (A), or of clause (iv) of subparagraph (A) except where a person encourages or induces an   alien   to come to or enter the   United States,   for a religious denomination having a bona fide nonprofit, religious   organization   in the   United States,   or the agents or officers of such denomination or   organization,   to encourage, invite, call, allow, or enable an   alien   who is present in the   United States   to perform the vocation of a minister or missionary for the denomination or   organization   in the   United States   as a volunteer who is not compensated as an employee, notwithstanding the provision of room, board, travel, medical assistance, and other basic living expenses, provided the minister or missionary has been a member of the denomination for at least one year.
(2) Any person who, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an   alien   has not received prior official authorization to come to, enter, or reside in the   United States , brings to or attempts to bring to the   United States   in any manner whatsoever, such   alien,   regardless of any official action which may later be taken with respect to such   alien   shall, for each   alien   in respect to whom a violation of this paragraph occurs—
(A)
be fined in accordance with title 18 or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; or
(B) in the case of—
(i)
an offense committed with the intent or with reason to believe that the   alien   unlawfully brought into the   United States   will commit an offense against the   United States   or any   State   punishable by imprisonment for more than 1 year,
(ii)
an offense done for the purpose of commercial advantage or private financial gain, or
(iii)
an offense in which the   alien   is not upon arrival immediately brought and presented to an appropriate   immigration officer   at a designated port of entry,
be fined under title 18 and shall be imprisoned, in the case of a first or second violation of subparagraph (B)(iii), not more than 10 years, in the case of a first or second violation of subparagraph (B)(i) or (B)(ii), not less than 3 nor more than 10 years, and for any other violation, not less than 5 nor more than 15 years.
(3)
(A)
Any person who, during any 12-month period, knowingly hires for employment at least 10 individuals with actual knowledge that the individuals are   aliens   described in subparagraph (B) shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned for not more than 5 years, or both.
(B) An   alien   described in this subparagraph is an   alien   who—
(i)
is an unauthorized   alien   (as defined in   section 1324a(h)(3) of this title ), and
(ii)
has been brought into the   United States   in violation of this subsection.
(4) In the case of a person who has brought   aliens   into the   United States   in violation of this subsection, the sentence otherwise provided for may be increased by up to 10 years if—
(A)
the offense was part of an ongoing commercial   organization   or enterprise;
(B)
aliens   were transported in groups of 10 or more; and
(C)
(i)
aliens   were transported in a manner that endangered their lives; or
(ii)
the   aliens   presented a life-threatening health risk to people in the   United States .
But, you "Sanctuary" saviours have never given a flip 'bout following the laws anyway.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.4  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.2    2 years ago

DC pick up some costs for new immigrants, but the growth they generate is a long term plus to our economy. That is one reading why NY welcomes immigrants from world over...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1.1.4    2 years ago
a long term plus to our economy.

You got that right, we don't have enough workers to sustain SS for retirees and they do jobs that our native born are unwilling to do.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    2 years ago
New York is a sanctuary city and New York will continue to help people get to the places where there are jobs and housing waiting for them...

Then why are they bitching about receiving a small single digit percentage of these ILLEGAL immigrants?   So much for your poor and huddled masses I guess.

BTW, they are legal pending final adjudication. 

See above.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.7  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1.1.4    2 years ago
That is one reading why NY welcomes immigrants from world over.

Then why is your mayor bitching about a few hundred illegals.

Good Lord, think about the liberal bitching and whining if several thousand more showed up.

Welcoming my ass!!!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.8  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1.1.4    2 years ago

"That is one reading why NY welcomes immigrants from world over"

Don't seem to be very welcoming to the current arrivals..

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.9  Dulay  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.3    2 years ago
NYC is INTENTIONALLY/BLATANTLY violating Fed law/policy/procedures

If any of that were applicable, it would apply to Texas and Greg Abbott.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.10  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.8    2 years ago

You are uninformed...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1.1.10    2 years ago
You are uninformed...

Maybe Greg just doesn't know boo squat.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.12  bugsy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.11    2 years ago
Maybe Greg just doesn't know boo squat

Maybe jbb will introduce him/her sometime soon.

From his posts, he is well acquainted with them.

Who would name their child "Boo"?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  bugsy @1.1.12    2 years ago
Who would name their child "Boo"?

Someone who's last name is Squat.  The Radley's son was nicked named Boo, I think because you hardly ever saw him  They lived down the street from the Finch family.  Robert Duvall played him in the movie.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.14  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @1.1.9    2 years ago

How so?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.1.9    2 years ago

What statutes do you refer to?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.1.9    2 years ago
If any of that were applicable, it would apply to Texas and Greg Abbott

Are you claiming Texas is violating federal law, and the vaunted Biden Justice Department is simply ignoring it?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.17  Jasper2529  replied to  bugsy @1.1.7    2 years ago
Good Lord, think about the liberal bitching and whining if several thousand more showed up.

Let's make it fair. Imagine the liberal bitching and whining if several thousand illegal aliens showed up in NYC and DC every day ... because that's what has been happening at our southern border since Day One of the Biden administration.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.18  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1.1.4    2 years ago
DC pick up some costs for new immigrants

You would have saved some credibility if you said the entire country picks up the costs of these illegals.

THAT is more accurate.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.17    2 years ago

So it never has happened before Biden? Curious....

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @1.1.19    2 years ago
So it never has happened before Biden?

Oh, we have had immigrants all along, just not to this degree, thanks to Biden and Harris.

Curious..

Many of us are curious as to Biden's goal here.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.21  Jasper2529  replied to  Ender @1.1.19    2 years ago
So it never has happened before Biden?

I never said that, so don't put words in my mouth.

Illegal alien immigration has drastically increased during Biden's tenure. This article is "old" - October 22, 2021 - nearly a year ago ...  but will remind you of what's been happening since Biden took office and has gotten worse:

Illegal immigration soars under Biden to third-highest in 97 years

The large majority of the 1.9 million, 1.66 million, were stopped by the Border Patrol, whose officers work in the land between ports of entry. That is close to the highest number seen over the past century and is indicative of the border disaster President Joe Biden has overseen and that has dragged down his approval ratings

Illegal immigration to the U.S., the extent of which cannot be fully known because of how many evade federal police and get away, has risen at a faster rate in the first nine months of President Joe Biden's tenure than any time in the Border Patrol’s 97-year history.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.22  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.21    2 years ago

So you never said it, just implied it. Got it...

The new high was only like 16k above the high during the Bush years

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.23  Jasper2529  replied to  Ender @1.1.22    2 years ago

Reread ALL of comment 1.1.21 instead of cherry-picking.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.24  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.20    2 years ago
Many of us are curious as to Biden's goal here.

Oh, there is no curiosity, however, I don't think Biden has any idea.

Radical Democrats know moderate democrats are dying off in high rates, they are losing black and American hispanic votes to the Republicans and young democrats that are raised right normally switch to republican after around the age of 30.

They need these illegals for future votes.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.23    2 years ago

I did, 'everyday since the Biden administration'....

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.24    2 years ago

Ah, so a believer of the replacement theory.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.27  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.20    2 years ago

Two years ago, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley, and Rashida Tlaib AKA The Squad, demanded  a  significant reduction in the budget for Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) in the upcoming Appropriations bills.  A Defund the CBP effort.  Last Fall, they wanted a path to citizenship as part of BBB.  Citizenship for those in Temporary Protected Status (TPS), NYC has 41,000 in TPS.  Citizenship also for Dreamers, farm workers, and essential workers.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.28  Jasper2529  replied to  Ender @1.1.25    2 years ago
I did, 'everyday since the Biden administration'....

Cherry pick much? Here's my FULL comment ... 1.1.17 

Imagine the liberal bitching and whining if several thousand illegal aliens showed up in NYC and DC every day... because that's what has been happening at our southern border since Day One of the Biden administration.

Good-bye.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.29  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.26    2 years ago

Ah, another one that puts words in my posts I did not type, nor did I insinuate it.

'Preciate you stop doing it.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.30  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.28    2 years ago

Since the Biden administration. You can act like you meant an overall thought when it is in plain sight what you wrote.

Or do you think thousands of immigrants just started at the southern border with Biden....

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.31  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.29    2 years ago

Is this a thing with you all? I am going by the words you posted. They were in fact about replacement...

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.32  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.28    2 years ago
Good-bye.

Leaving? So long...

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.33  GregTx  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.16    2 years ago

So, no word from the oracle yet?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.34  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @1.1.33    2 years ago

jrSmiley_55_smiley_image.gif

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.35  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.31    2 years ago

Do you know what the leftist line on replacement theory is?

It's not what you think it is.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.36  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.35    2 years ago

I know exactly what it is as well as your twisted conspiracy theory view on it.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.37  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @1.1.35    2 years ago

I mean, if you think the left is participating in the great replacement theory, then you might want to educate your fellow leftists on here because they believe the right is doing it.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.38  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.37    2 years ago

Is it not you that is saying the people on the left are doing it? Looks like it to me.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.39  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.36    2 years ago

Not twisted. It's playing out right now in real time. Most white liberals see their control over minorities slipping away, so they have to replace them with something else, and vulnerable new citizens are the best marks to them.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.40  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.38    2 years ago

Yes, they are. What part are you not understanding?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.41  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.40    2 years ago

What I am understanding is that you actually believe conspiracy theories.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.42  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.41    2 years ago

OK...Simple question...

Why do you think Biden is allowing millions of illegals into the country, open border, no repercussions, and the common knowledge that they will not show up on court dates?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.43  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.42    2 years ago

Your open border is a meme. If he is allowing border crossings, then I could say the same for all other previous presidents.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.44  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @1.1.43    2 years ago
If he is allowing border crossings, then I could say the same for all other previous presidents.

If? It isn't in question.

Biden seems determined to break all records regarding illegal immigration.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.45  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.43    2 years ago

So how do you explain 2 million illegals coming across unabated over the past 2 years?

Yes, other presidents have allowed illegals, but not at the rate of Biden and Mayorkas, and Trump is the only one that tried to do something about it, and most leftists cried like little bitches.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.46  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.45    2 years ago
Since then, San Antonio has received more than 31,000 migrants released by the Border Patrol after they requested asylum.   The city converted a former Quiznos restaurant   into a migrant processing center, gave them food and medical screenings, provided cellphones so they could call relatives in the U.S, and partnered with a local church to provide overnight bed space. All told, those efforts have cost San Antonio more than $540,000.

City leaders from both political parties say they are frustrated with the Trump administration for what they describe as an unfunded mandate, forcing local communities to pick up the pieces of a broken federal immigration system.

In Deming, New Mexico, federal immigration authorities dealing with overcrowded federal properties have dumped more than 7,500 migrants on the streets of a community with a population of 14,000. Officials in Albuquerque, New Mexico, were already struggling to care for 4,000 homeless people before the federal government released 4,000 migrants there. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.47  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @1.1.46    2 years ago

Are you claiming that Trump was somehow worse than Biden regarding immigration?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.48  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.47    2 years ago

I am claiming that you all want to only blame one side while having a blind eye to the same things under other administrations.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.49  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.46    2 years ago

Don't know what you are trying to prove here. I said all presidents have had problems with illegal immigration, Trump no different. However, Trump did something about it by trying to get the wall built and Biden shut that down, causing a far more influx of illegals into the country, and doing absolutely nothing about it, hence over 2 million illegals (that we know of) since the Biden reign began.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.50  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @1.1.48    2 years ago

That is crap.

Most Presidents have failed us on securing or even attempting to secure the border.

The Biden Administration seems intent on making the others look like pikers on the border.

And his gal Harris has been an unmitigated disaster.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.51  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.49    2 years ago

I am not trying to prove anything. I am just pointing out the sheer hypocrisy of some.

Was there not an article the other day about Biden building a wall...

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.52  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.50    2 years ago

What is crap? That trump dumped immigrants into cities in the US?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.53  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @1.1.52    2 years ago
What is crap?

This:

I am claiming that you all want to only blame one side while having a blind eye to the same things under other administrations.

Must all liberals always deflect to Trump the minute Biden is criticized for something?   Is it just a reflex action or something?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.54  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.53    2 years ago

That is not crap. What is crap is your usual deflection.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.55  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.51    2 years ago
I am just pointing out the sheer hypocrisy of some

What hypocrisy? I said all presidents had to deal with illegal aliens, but Trump is the only one in recent history that tried to do something about it.

Biden is, on purpose, allowing as many illegals in the country. If you don't believe it, tell me what he is doing to stop it.

And your little nip about Biden and the wall, that is optics to try and save Kelly in Arizona. His idiot press secretary said parts are being filled so people don't get hurt, not to stop them from coming in. \

Once Kelly does or does not get reelected, whatever the admin is doing with the wall will come to a screeching halt the day after the election.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.56  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.54    2 years ago
What is crap is your usual deflection.

The deflection is YOU deflecting to Trump when the current president is Biden.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.57  Jasper2529  replied to  bugsy @1.1.55    2 years ago
And your little nip about Biden and the wall, that is optics to try and save Kelly in Arizona.

Ka-BOOM.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.58  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.55    2 years ago

So fixing a wall is not to stop people from coming in....Ok...

trumps doing something about it consisted of separating families and refusing more people at legal crossings. What that did was make more of them not apply for asylum and cross at other places other than official border crossings.

Yet despite this supposed focus, the government records show that Border Patrol was observing more immigrants sneaking into the country than when President Trump took office. In fiscal year 2016, Border Patrol agents witnessed about 100,000 successful entries. By 2018, the number had risen to nearly 128,000. In 2019, it hit 150,000. Through four months of 2020, it was on pace to hit almost 156,000.
It appears to have worsened since then. In early 2020, officials  told  the  Washington Post  that got‐​aways had “soared,” reaching over 1,000 on one day. Nor can the Trump team claim that the increased crossings were only the result of more people crossing overall. In January 2020, 29 percent of 41,000 detected crossers evaded capture. In December 2016, 17 percent of 52,400 made it in.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.59  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.57    2 years ago

So if building a wall is only for optics and to save people in office, it didn't work for donald...

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.60  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.56    2 years ago

So people are not allowed to compare trumps record? Or Obama's, or Bush's...

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.61  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.59    2 years ago
So if building a wall is only for optics and to save people in office, it didn't work for donald..

Well, because this little thing called COVID came about. The wall was not being built to keep people on office. It was being built to keep illegals out.

Your spin once again failed.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.62  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.60    2 years ago
So people are not allowed to compare trumps record? Or Obama's, or Bush's...

Sure you can. Compare all you want. The difficulty for you is to acknowledge that Biden's record is far worse than any other president in modern history, probably allowing it on purpose, and Trump tried to stop the flow with the wall.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.63  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.61    2 years ago

You are the one spinning. Saying building a wall for one side is political while not so for the other side...

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.64  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.62    2 years ago

Oh I acknowledge his record. Contrary to your beliefs I am not a Biden fan. I just get sick of lies and spin and placing blame only for political purpose.

So trump tried to stop the flow with a wall yet Biden fixing a wall is not....

Funny you accuse others of what you are doing yourself.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.65  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.63    2 years ago
You are the one spinning. Saying building a wall for one side is political while not so for the oth

There is absolutely no spin in my posts, only cold hard truths that most liberals are unable to grasp.

Trump attempted to build the wall along the entire southern border, keeping illegals out wherever they went.

Biden put a complete halt to that, but now that there is a big chance Kelly will lose his seat, Biden is allowing a few holes to be filled along the Arizona border ONLY. THAT is politics.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.66  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.65    2 years ago

Haha. Total facts huh? Like saying Dems need new voters...Yeah facts alright...s/

If you think trump actually cares about illegals and didn't do anything for political expediency, I have a bridge for sale.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.67  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.64    2 years ago
Oh I acknowledge his record.

You did?????

Where????

I went through the whole thread, 1.1.1 through 1.1.64, and nowhere did you acknowledge that Biden is, on purpose, allowing illegals in to replace the drop in democratic voters. Nowhere have you acknowledged that he, by far, has let more illegals than any president in modern times.

That is where the discussion started, anyway.

When you can acknowledge that, then we can can continue.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.68  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.66    2 years ago
Haha. Total facts huh? Like saying Dems need new voters...Yeah facts alright...s/

That's what I thought. Nothing of substance to continue because your "argument" is a losing one..

Have a good night.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.69  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.67    2 years ago

I acknowledge his record. I do not acknowledge stupid theories like he is letting them come here on purpose.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.70  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.68    2 years ago

Nothing of substance? Good to know quoting you is of no substance.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.71  Jasper2529  replied to  Ender @1.1.64    2 years ago
So trump tried to stop the flow with a wall

Yes, he did ...across 4 border states - TX, NM, AZ, and CA.

yet Biden fixing a wall is not....

Biden is finally using SOME taxpayer-funded goods made during the Trump Administration for a few AZ gaps. Until now, he deliberately left them to rot on deserts while we still had to pay contractors for zero work. Enter his current attempt to save the political re-election life of flailing Mark Kelly (D-AZ) . 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.72  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.70    2 years ago
Good to know quoting you is of no substance.

What a lie

Again, I went through post 1.1.1 through 1.1.69, and nowhere is there a post from you quoting me.

Plus, if you had quoted me, you would have acknowledged the truth.

The next thing you need is to acknowledge you lost and be on your way.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.73  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.72    2 years ago

I lost? I am not the one that said the Dems are allowing immigration to produce more voters. You did and now trying to say you didn't. Bad form.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.74  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.71    2 years ago

Didn't you say good bye? My bad, I thought you did.

Left them to rot...Hyperbole.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.75  GregTx  replied to  Ender @1.1.69    2 years ago
I acknowledge his record. 

And what is his record?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.76  Ender  replied to  GregTx @1.1.75    2 years ago

You don't know? Read up....

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.77  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.73    2 years ago
You did and now trying to say you didn't.

I sure did and continue to do it.

YOU, on the other hand, said you QUOTED me. That is a lie. Nowhere in this thread is you posting a quote from me.

You really need to stop while you are far behind.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.78  GregTx  replied to  Ender @1.1.76    2 years ago

Yes, It's hard to answer isn't it? Why is that?  I have my opinion about it, was asking yours since you acknowledge his record.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.79  bugsy  replied to  GregTx @1.1.78    2 years ago

Sad state of affairs when they can't acknowledge that Biden is the worst president in modern history and is allowing illegals in this country on purpose for later use.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.80  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.77    2 years ago

So you are saying you did not say this?

We KNOW the why. For future democrat votes.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.81  Ender  replied to  GregTx @1.1.78    2 years ago

I have been saying my opinion. If you want stats, look it up yourself.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.82  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.79    2 years ago
on purpose for later use

Yep didn't say it alright....

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.83  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.80    2 years ago
We KNOW the why. For future democrat votes.

Yes...I said it and will continue to say it.

Now, you said you QUOTED me. Show me what post where you QUOTED this exact same post in this thread.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.84  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @1.1.83    2 years ago

I addition, that post you claim you quoted was 10.2, and you, nor anyone else responded to that post.

[deleted]

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.85  GregTx  replied to  Ender @1.1.81    2 years ago

If I just wanted stats their easy to find especially during the record breaking crap going on now. I was asking your opinion on the Biden administration with regard to illegal immigration. The only opinion I've seen you express is that criticism of the Biden administration right now, despite record levels, is partisan hypocrisy. You defend that by saying there has been illegal immigration under every president without acknowledging that there were critics of them too. I'll ask directly, what is your opinion of the Bidens admistration handling of the border crisis?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.86  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.83    2 years ago

What the actual fuck. So because you said it in another thread it is not valid?

Get real.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.87  Ender  replied to  GregTx @1.1.85    2 years ago

I would give him a D, but not because of the reasons you all claim.

Building walls does not work, separating families does not work, stopping them at crossings does not work, I could go on.

I agree with others that say we should invest more in technology.

I am also a firm believer in helping the places these people are coming from, which no one wants to acknowledge or work on.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.88  GregTx  replied to  Ender @1.1.87    2 years ago
I would give him a D, but not because of the reasons you all claim.

Why then?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.89  Ender  replied to  GregTx @1.1.88    2 years ago

I gave you my reasons why. Also people claiming that Biden wants these people for future voters is just pulling crap out of their asses.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.90  GregTx  replied to  Ender @1.1.89    2 years ago

Where? Agreed I don't think Biden is overly concerned about "future" voters, if you know what I mean?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.91  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @1.1.48    2 years ago

Well, where I live, it is damn near impossible to blame illegal aliens coming under Biden on Trump.

Your deflection notwithstanding.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.92  Ender  replied to  GregTx @1.1.90    2 years ago

Where? I answered by saying my approach is to tackle the problems in these other countries that these people are running away from.

By the way, I would give almost all presidents the same grade.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.93  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.91    2 years ago
it is damn near impossible to blame illegal aliens coming under Biden on Trump

what are you talking about?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.94  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.86    2 years ago
So because you said it in another thread it is not valid?

WHERE in any of this SEED before 1.1.80, where you claimed to quote me, did you actually quote me saying exactly what I said.

Somehow I think you do not know the definition of "quote".

Sad for you.s/

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.95  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @1.1.93    2 years ago
what are you talking about?

Your deflection to Trump under the guise as "comparison".

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.96  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.94    2 years ago

Really weird that you deny what you said...

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.97  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.95    2 years ago

Under the guise? It was a comparison. Don't like it, move on.

It is in no way deflection. Not even your brethren are saying that.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.98  GregTx  replied to  Ender @1.1.92    2 years ago

So you think we should interdict them there? Or do you mean the Vice President's approach?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.99  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @1.1.97    2 years ago

You ONLY listed events under Trump, not other Administrations.

Yes, that is deflecting, and whether you admit to it or not is completely irrelevant

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.100  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.96    2 years ago
Really weird that you deny what you said...

Now you are claiming something I did that I did not.

I acknowledged saying it SEVERAL times.

YOU are the one that claimed you quoted that comment, and I have proven to you SEVERAL times, that you did not.

You really need to stop. You are going farther and farther down that hole.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.101  Ender  replied to  GregTx @1.1.98    2 years ago

The VP's approach.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.102  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.99    2 years ago

Oh bullshit. You are posting only crap. Not one point.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.103  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.100    2 years ago

Oh, I did not quote it exactly. Boo Hoo....

Going down a hole? I am not the one that is promoting conspiracy theories...

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.104  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.103    2 years ago
Oh, I did not quote it exactly. Boo Hoo....

It's obvious you do not know what the word "quote" means. I suggest you look it up and get educated, but don't use the leftist approach and try and change the definition to fit your needs.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.105  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.104    2 years ago

Nope. You just use the rightist approach of baffle them with  bullshit.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.106  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.105    2 years ago

Just acknowledge that you have absolutely no idea what "quote" means, don't know how to look it up online.

It would be that much easier for you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.107  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @1.1.102    2 years ago
Oh bullshit. You are posting only crap. Not one point.

It isn't my responsibility to understand it for you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.108  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @1.1.105    2 years ago

Are you baffled?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.109  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.106    2 years ago

Just admit you can do nothing but insult others. Classic when one has nothing else to offer...

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.110  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.107    2 years ago

There is nothing to understand, which was my point. Obviously went right over your head.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.111  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.108    2 years ago

Seems a couple of you all are...

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.112  GregTx  replied to  Ender @1.1.110    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.113  GregTx  replied to  Ender @1.1.111    2 years ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.114  GregTx  replied to  Ender @1.1.101    2 years ago

How's that working out thus far?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.115  Ender  replied to  GregTx @1.1.114    2 years ago

It doesn't have to be singular nor just investment. Like I said, try to tackle the reason people are fleeing to begin with.

People don't want to look at reasons. They just want to build a wall and complain.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.116  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @1.1.110    2 years ago
There is nothing to understand, which was my point.

Okay, just go ahead and point out where you compared Biden with any other President than Trump.

Obviously went right over your head.

I'm sure that sounds better than the truth to you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.117  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @1.1.111    2 years ago
Seems a couple of you all are...

Was the question too tough?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.118  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.117    2 years ago

Can you ever talk about the actual topic instead of going off on something else...

I could care less if you are upset I didn't use other presidents as comparison. trump was the last in office.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.119  arkpdx  replied to  Ender @1.1.92    2 years ago
tackle the problems in these other countries 

The problems of other countries are not our problems.  They are the problems of the citizens that live in them including those that try to come here illegally. 

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.120  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.117    2 years ago

What seems to be too tough for some is overcoming complete partisan bias...

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.121  Ender  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.119    2 years ago

Then why complain when they try to come here.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.122  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @1.1.120    2 years ago
What seems to be too tough for some is overcoming complete partisan bias...

It may indeed seem that way to some folks who think "Are you baffled?" is some kind of partisan bias.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.123  GregTx  replied to  Ender @1.1.120    2 years ago

Exactly, your partisan rant about partisan hypocrisy nailed it...

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.124  arkpdx  replied to  Ender @1.1.121    2 years ago

Because they do not belong here, they have no right to be here and I don't want them here. If they have issues where they came from let them fix them there and not come here and fuck things up more then they are already. 

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.125  Ender  replied to  GregTx @1.1.123    2 years ago

Partisan rant? How so sports fan?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.126  Ender  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.122    2 years ago

What baffles me is your complete inability to have an actual conversation.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.127  Ender  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.124    2 years ago

So you idea is fuck everyone and just wall off the country. Yeah, that's the ticket...

Oh I forgot, you are the one that wants to shoot and kill them.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.128  arkpdx  replied to  Ender @1.1.127    2 years ago
So you idea is fuck everyone and just wall off the country

No I think those that apply and follow the migration laws of this country are fine to come in once approved. 

I forgot, you are the one that wants to shoot and kill them.

Well that is what you do to invaders. Got a problem with that?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.129  Ender  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.128    2 years ago

Yes I do.

Not very Christian like...

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.130  arkpdx  replied to  Ender @1.1.129    2 years ago

What has that to do with me or my comment?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.131  Dulay  replied to  GregTx @1.1.14    2 years ago

Any person who:
knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an   alien   has come to, entered, or remains in the   United States   in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such   alien   within the   United States   by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law;

That's exactly what Abbott did, isn't it? 

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.132  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @1.1.131    2 years ago

Obviously not..

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.133  Dulay  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.27    2 years ago
Two years ago, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley, and Rashida Tlaib AKA The Squad, demanded  a  significant reduction in the budget for Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) in the upcoming Appropriations bills. 

Here's why:

Customs and Border Protection broke law over migrant care: watchdog (usatoday.com)

Context is important...

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.134  Dulay  replied to  GregTx @1.1.132    2 years ago

Obtuse. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.135  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @1.1.134    2 years ago

Yes it is, obtuse I mean, to get to that point you would have to concede that these are illegal immigrants that the Feds have just released into the states.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.136  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.71    2 years ago
Biden is finally using SOME taxpayer-funded goods made during the Trump Administration for a few AZ gaps.  Until now, he deliberately left them to rot on deserts

That is a ludicrous statement. Steel ballaster, rotting in the desert? jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

while we still had to pay contractors for zero work.

Link?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.137  Texan1211  replied to  Ender @1.1.126    2 years ago
What baffles me is your complete inability to have an actual conversation.

Among other things.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.138  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @1.1.134    2 years ago

All hat and no cattle? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.139  Dulay  replied to  GregTx @1.1.135    2 years ago
Yes it is, obtuse I mean, to get to that point you would have to concede that these are illegal immigrants that the Feds have just released into the states.

You seem to be having an issue with the meaning of the word obtuse. 

It may behoove you to review the part of the Constitution that mandates due process.

The concept of 'innocent until proven guilty' applies to EVERYONE. 

There's also some stuff in there about Treaties. A review of the 1967 Protocol and the 1980 Refugee Act may help as references for our obligations. Or not...

BTW, your comment is a strawman. 

I pointed out the hypocrisy of this claim:

NYC is INTENTIONALLY/BLATANTLY violating Fed law/policy/procedures - 8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing In And Harboring Certain Aliens

Is it your posit that the 'harboring' thingy doesn't apply to Abbott? Surely you aren't denying that Abbott did indeed transport them inside the US. You know that Abbott has boasted about doing just that right? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.140  Dulay  replied to  GregTx @1.1.138    2 years ago

Are you citing introspection? 

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.141  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @1.1.139    2 years ago

Surely you don't think he brought them across the border into the U.S. do you? Surely not... No, harboring doesn't sound like what he's doing. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.142  Dulay  replied to  GregTx @1.1.141    2 years ago

Then please DO explain what law NYC is violating. 

NYC didn't bring them across the border either.

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.143  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @1.1.142    2 years ago

Is NYC a sanctuary city or not? Because if they are, then they might be harboring, transporting, etc. illegal immigrants huh?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.144  Sparty On  replied to  GregTx @1.1.143    2 years ago

Yes it is .... until a hated Republican Gov sends them some of the oppressed.    Then the door is closed.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.145  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  GregTx @1.1.143    2 years ago

NYC is not like other cities when it comes to illegals. If they come here on their own two feet and are working, we don't report. Kind of like Texas.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.146  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.144    2 years ago

Oh please. The equivalent would be NY sending our homeless to Texas. We actually take care of them.

I always find it amusing how it's OK to criticize our gov officials but never the other way around. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.147  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  GregTx @1.1.143    2 years ago

It is.  And has been for a few years now.  Well, they are until the illegals are shipped in by a Republican Gov that is tired Democrats shirking their duty to protect the borders.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.148  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.145    2 years ago
If they come here on their own two feet and are working, we don't report.

Which is harboring.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.149  Jasper2529  replied to  Dulay @1.1.136    2 years ago
That is a ludicrous statement. Steel ballaster, rotting in the desert? Link?

The Internet has been a marvelous invention, Dulay. From December 2021:

Tens of thousands of heavy steel slats, once destined to become part of former President Donald Trump’s border wall, are slowly rusting in the open air throughout the southwestern borderlands. The bollards—18- or 33-foot-long hollow posts, most of them reinforced with concrete and rebar—are worth at least a quarter of a billion dollars. The Department of Defense owns most of that steel, but it’s unclear what will—or can—be done with it. For now, it remains in spider-webbed stacks sunning themselves in vast staging areas along the wall.

Down a little hump in the road from the wall near Guadalupe Canyon stood a fortress of bollards: 30 huge stacks forming a ring, in the center of which were piles of light poles, PVC piping, electrical wires, prefab concrete, tangles of steel mesh, and long snakes of steel rebar—all just sitting there.

Biden’s day-one proclamation laid out a series of steps designed to stop wall construction, including terminating Trump’s state of national emergency on the southern border and redirecting funds away from border-wall projects managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. But contracts had already been signed with construction companies, and materials already delivered. Biden’s proclamation did not specify what to do with all the steel. Some contractors are still being paid to maintain already built segments of wall, or guard leftover material. Along with the steel, contractors have left light poles, electrical supplies, crushed aggregate, processed riprap rock, sand, culvert materials, and piping—altogether worth about $350 million, according to a spokesperson for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers—sitting unused in the desert. The Corp wouldn’t itemize costs of materials, and anti-wall watchdogs (as well as some basic math) put the total number significantly higher.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.150  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.149    2 years ago
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Well since you seem to think that 'slowly rusting' equates to 'rotting in the desert', you haven't been of 'assistance', and I see no prospects for the future. 

BTFW, do you think that steel magically stops rusting when it's vertical instead of horizontal? jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.151  Jasper2529  replied to  Dulay @1.1.150    2 years ago

I see you didn't read the entire article to learn that there's a lot more than steel rotting in the desert. That's OK.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.152  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.109    2 years ago
Just admit you can do nothing but insult others

I invite you to show where I insulted you.

I called you out for your bs, you didn't like it, so now you cry.

Too bad.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.153  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.152    2 years ago

I am no longer going to entertain your blather. You believe conspiracy theories and nutjob claims made by extreme right wing media.

Not worth any more of my time, so wallow in your insults and go back to maga land where your weird ass claims are accepted.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.154  bugsy  replied to  Ender @1.1.153    2 years ago
Not worth any more of my time, so wallow in your insults

It must have been worth your time to respond because you did. As far as insults, you're just pissed you can't find anything, other than your feelings hurt, where I insulted you.

It would have been much easier to just say "OK Bugsy, I admit. You handed me my ass and I will slither away with my tail between my legs. Great job!!".

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.155  Ender  replied to  bugsy @1.1.154    2 years ago

Delusions of grandeur...

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.156  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.151    2 years ago
I see you didn't read the entire article to learn that there's a lot more than steel rotting in the desert. That's OK.

Actually, the article doesn't was anything is 'rotting in the desert'. 

It states:

Along with the steel, contractors have left light poles, electrical supplies, crushed aggregate, processed riprap rock, sand, culvert materials, and piping

NONE of that 'rots'. 

Seriously Jasper, all that shit has to be exterior grade material for use on the border fence. Your posit is ridiculous. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.157  Dulay  replied to  GregTx @1.1.143    2 years ago
Is NYC a sanctuary city or not? Because if they are, then they might be harboring, transporting, etc. illegal immigrants huh?

Reading is fundamental.

The US code we are discussing begins with these words:

Any person who

So that can't be the law NYC is violating Greg. Try harder. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.1.158  GregTx  replied to  Dulay @1.1.157    2 years ago

You're funny Dulay. Well then, that can't be the law the state of Texas is violating either, right?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.159  Dulay  replied to  GregTx @1.1.158    2 years ago
You're funny Dulay.

If by funny you mean cogent, you're right. 

Well then, that can't be the law the state of Texas is violating either, right?

Perhaps you should review the thread. 

Here, let me see if I can help.

NYC is INTENTIONALLY/BLATANTLY violating Fed law/policy/procedures

Note the predicate of my statement, which I highlighted in bold for your convenience. 

Now, you posted: 

I accurately cited the predicate of the US Code posted in this thread. Either your failed to understand the simple predicate of that Code, or you, like 1st, tried to incorrectly apply it to bolster your agenda. 

Which is it?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.160  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.146    2 years ago
Oh please. The equivalent would be NY sending our homeless to Texas. We actually take care of them.

Nope, sorry but there would be no equivalence.   Even if it were actually happening.

I always find it amusing how it's OK to criticize our gov officials but never the other way around.

Fair enough.    I find it amusing how some will criticize a Republican Governor but not a Democrat Admin for doing the same thing.    Besides, NYC is a proud sanctuary city so both were just giving you what you say you readily accept.    

All this whining by NY elected officials rings hollow as hell. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

"New York City is the ideal destination for these migrants, who can receive the abundance of city services and housing that Mayor Eric Adams has boasted about within in the sanctuary city. I hope he follows through on his promise of welcoming all migrants with open arms so that our overrun and overwhelmed border towns can find relief," Abbott said in a statement."

This appears to be a fair exchange. After all, Biden's been flying them into middle America in the middle of the night for weeks now

The jobs and housing they all need is not in these border cities and towns. NIMBY-ism to the extreme, and perhaps racist?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.3  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago
poor refugees

The vast majority of these people are not refugees. They are free loaders. That explains why democrats are desperate to hurry and get them on the democratic voting rolls..

JBB
Professor Principal
1.3.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @1.3    2 years ago

That is incorrect. They are all claiming refugee status and were deemed eligible to be released pending judicial review making them legal also.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.3.2  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1.3.1    2 years ago
They are all claiming refugee status

Of course they did, but I'm sure not the first one has any proof of anything they claim.

Claiming asylum and getting refugee status is a guarantee they they will be able to stay here and not show up to any court date, just as millions prior to them have done.

I hope they stay in New York, along with thousands more, and suck the city's homeless resources dry.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.3.3  Jasper2529  replied to  bugsy @1.3.2    2 years ago
Of course they did, but I'm sure not the first one has any proof of anything they claim.

A great many of them don't even have passports, DLs, ID cards, or any kind of proof of identity and vaccination. Refugees, my ass.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.3.4  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @1.3.1    2 years ago
They are all claiming refugee status

Illegal aliens can claim refugee status all they want ... and they do, because that's what they've been taught to do ... BUT, that doesn't mean that they qualify for refugee status. Wanting a better life and making money are not valid and legal refugee/asylum criteria.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.3.5  Jack_TX  replied to  bugsy @1.3    2 years ago
The vast majority of these people are not refugees. They are free loaders.

You've obviously not met very many of them.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.4  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

So....

I don't know where you live, but if you live somewhere other than a large metropolitan area, are you willing to take some of these illegal aliens in and help them find a job?

Somehow, I believe you will take the stance of the mayor of NY and cry when these illegals show up on your doorstep.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.4.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @1.4    2 years ago

I live in The Bronx! You do not know boo squat!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.4.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1.4.1    2 years ago
I live in The Bronx!

How many emergency shelters have been established in the Bronx?  I read that at least 4,000 asylum seekers arrived over the last three months and about 100 a day are showing up in NYC now.  The mayor like the DC mayor has called this a crisis.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.3  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @1.4.1    2 years ago

Truer words have never been spoken jbb 

You are my new hero!

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.4.4  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1.4.1    2 years ago
You do not know boo squat!

I know that NYC is a sanctuary city and I don't believe you ever complained about that.

I also know that you are a hypocrite if you believe other communities should take these illegals in places like NYC should be free from what liberals are now looking at as "cockroaches" encroaching in their back yard.

Now, again, how many have you taken in and helped get a job?

BTW...What the hell is "boo squat"?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.4.5  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.4.3    2 years ago

Please point out the exact words that jbb has spoken [removed]

if jbb is your new hero, then you need to take a good, long look at your [removed] [sense of reality.]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.4.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  bugsy @1.4.4    2 years ago
BTW...What the hell is "boo squat"?

See, JBB was right, neither you nor I know boo squat.  That's what Tessylo was reacting to, JBB stumped us with that one.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.4.7  Sparty On  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.4.6    2 years ago

[removed]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.4.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Sparty On @1.4.7    2 years ago

[removed]

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.4.9  bugsy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.4.8    2 years ago

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.10  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.4.1    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.4.11  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.10    2 years ago

The Sunoco on  Bronxdale Ave has Reg for $4.39 today while the one on Williamsbridge Rd want $4.49.  The Sunoco on E Tremont is the cheapest that I found, $4.36 but they are closed on Sundays.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.12  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.4.11    2 years ago
The Sunoco on  Bronxdale Ave has Reg for $4.39 today while the one on Williamsbridge Rd want $4.49.  The Sunoco on E Tremont is the cheapest that I found, $4.36 but they are closed on Sundays.

Sounds about right, but he insisted (without proof, of course) that gas was $3.99 at the Conoco in The Bronx two weeks ago. He posted some old Shell sign from years ago and thought I would fall for the lie.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.4.13  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.10    2 years ago

thought that was a conoco station?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.14  Texan1211  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.4.13    2 years ago

Perhaps it was. Since it appears completely imaginary, not sure it matters much!

I checked, you are correct, he claimed it was a Conoco station.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.4.15  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.4.13    2 years ago

The two Conoco's that I see there are both $4.58, but you can save a quarter per gallon if you purchase with their app.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.4.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.12    2 years ago
He posted some old Shell sign from years ago

Maybe the photo was in his internet meme collection.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.17  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.4.15    2 years ago
The two Conoco's that I see there are both $4.58, but you can save a quarter per gallon if you purchase with their app.

That is rather interesting.

While gas prices have eased a bit in most of the US, they seem to have increased significantly in the Bronx over the last two weeks.

I hope JBB is using public transportation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.18  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.4.16    2 years ago
Maybe the photo was in his internet meme collection.  

LOL!

1cxvz7.jpg

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.4.19  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.18    2 years ago

Hopefully jbb copies this one for future use.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.20  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @1.4.19    2 years ago

Might be hitting a little too close to home for him.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.4.21  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.14    2 years ago

Conoco's gas price signs are red and white. The meme posted was yellow - to the best of my knowledge, that is Shell.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.22  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.4.21    2 years ago
Conoco's gas price signs are red and white. The meme posted was yellow - to the best of my knowledge, that is Shell.

Yeah, I don't think he paid any attention to details and just thought he could claim the most outlandish thing and people would just believe him!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.4.23  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.22    2 years ago

Maybe like stating that all illegal aliens are "refugees" and are vetted, even though BP facts state the opposite. SSDD 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.24  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.4.23    2 years ago
Maybe like stating that all illegal aliens are "refugees" and are vetted, even though BP facts state the opposite. SSDD 

Yes, I do believe that we are expected to believe everything without proof and not daring to even question the claims.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.4.25  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.24    2 years ago

Except for a belief in God.  

That we clearly should not believe without proof .... or so we’re told here on NTers ....

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.4.26  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  bugsy @1.4.5    2 years ago

Maybe Boo Squat is Diddley's younger brother.  

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago
New York City is not a great place for poor people..

Too much income inequality there?

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
1.6  Nerm_L  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago
New York City is not a great place for poor people... The jobs and housing they all need is in other places.

So, New York City is a sanctuary for rich immigrants?  NIMBY liberals are SALT of the earth.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.7  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

Well i can agree with most of what you said .

texas authorities likely told those people that the state didnt have the resources they would need and that because of their status they likely would not qualify for state assistance , so not being in texas would be a bonus for them .

as for them ending up in "fly over" country , that will likely depend on both housing and jobs and the general attitude of those places  , which most people looking for that go to the urban areas , the services and programs are just not what some people think they are out past their own back yard .

I will trust your take on if NYC is or is not a great place for those that are financially strapped  and what the going rate is for cost of living .

as for the jobs and housing being in "other " places , one can not be so sure of that , nationally rental housing is at an all time low as far as  availability, affordability is through the roof just as it is anywhere else  , meaning , whats out there costs a lot , and there is a limited amount of units available .

Jobs that would pay enough are not there either , whats available is low paying, the skilled labor jobs just dont come around as much as some think. , so one would likely need a couple to just live .

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.8  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago
At least those poor refugees are not in Texas now...

If these illegal aliens were real "refugees" they would have applied for asylum the legal way as millions before them did.

They're already in those states, getting free healthcare, education, housing, and food.

Hundreds of thousands of poor people have been content to live there for decades. Maybe it's because of all of the free stuff they get from left wing politicians.

Yeah, there aren't too many fruit/vegetable picking and lawn-mowing jobs in NYC. After all, aren't those the jobs that the left has told America that illegals do because Americans refuse to do them?

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.9  squiggy  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

That's a classic - far beyond the Nantucket Nimbys who don't want offshore power for their green weenies.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.10  devangelical  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

capturing people with brown skin and sending them where they don't want to go. gee, that sounds familiar...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.10.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  devangelical @1.10    2 years ago

Like FDR in WWII?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.10.2  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @1.10    2 years ago

Like Biden is doing?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.10.3  arkpdx  replied to  devangelical @1.10    2 years ago

Gee who is doing that? I do know that ICE and the Border Patrol are arresting people illegally crossing the border but that is their job and duty. Unfortunately the idiot administration we have now is telling them to just let the lawbreakers go. Personally I think we just either send them directly back to Mexico or imprison them at the border. Shooting them as they cross the border like invaders should be handled comes to mind also. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.10.4  Kavika   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.10.1    2 years ago
Like FDR in WWII?

I assume you are speaking of the Japanese Internment camps. Actually, the biggest supporter and instigator of that was the AG, later Governor of California, and later Supreme Court Chief Justice the one and only Earl Warren.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.10.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @1.10.4    2 years ago

Indeed, but FDR ordered it.  Executive Order 9066:

Issued by President Franklin Roosevelt on February 19, 1942, this order authorized the evacuation of all persons deemed a threat to national security from the West Coast to relocation centers further inland. In the next 6 months, over 100,000 men, women, and children of Japanese ancestry were moved to assembly centers. They were then evacuated to and confined in isolated, fenced, and guarded relocation centers, known as internment camps.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.10.6  Kavika   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.10.5    2 years ago

Yes, he did with the exception of one politician, the governor of Colorado no others, dem or republican spoke out against it. 

I'm quite familiar with the interment camp stats and stories. I've been to Lone Pine (Manzanar) a few times with a fellow that was born there. Quite the experience to say the least. 

You should probably add in the 1,000 Aleuts that were imprisoned in a similar situation in Alaska. All were American citizens and 10% of them died. In fact when the Japanese invaded  Attu and Kiska they took 40 Aleuts POWs and shipped them to Japan where around half of them died. 

Not only were they savaged by the Japanese but then by our government. The wrong color it seems.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.10.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  Kavika @1.10.4    2 years ago

The attorney general of California is to blame for a policy  supported by the governor, drafted by the war department and signed into law by  president of the US.

but warren has  an r next to his name, so blame him.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.10.8  Kavika   replied to  Sean Treacy @1.10.7    2 years ago
but warren has  an r next to his name, so blame him.

In part I do blame him and not because of a R after his name, but because it was a horrendous and unAmerican decision. 

I also blame FDR for exactly the same reasons. 

Best you take your uninformed comment and run back to cheese head country.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2  charger 383    2 years ago

If they had not crossed the US border this would not be  problem

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3  Ronin2    2 years ago

Screw Democrats.

They don't give a rats ass about the far worse conditions caused by illegal immigration in southern border states run by Republicans.

Every last damn illegal should be sent to a Democrat run shithole until Brandon does his damn job and enforces our borders and immigration laws.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4  Nerm_L    2 years ago

40 illegals sent to New York City?  Must be time to declare a national emergency.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Nerm_L @4    2 years ago

He's been sending them to us for months. This time he decided to make it national news. 

Here's an idea. We can send him some of our inmates from Rikers in exchange. 

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.1.1  Nerm_L  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1    2 years ago
He's been sending them to us for months. This time he decided to make it national news. 

Are you sure it was Abbott and not Bowser?  Abbott had been sending buses of illegals to Washington D.C.

That might be a fair exchange.  No one could try to force Abbott to allow those inmates to run wild in Texas.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1    2 years ago
We can send him some of our inmates from Rikers in exchange. 

Sure thing, just make sure you send the money to house, cloth, feed, and provide medical care for the prisoners!

Somehow I think the prisoners will prefer NYC jails to Texas jails. They probably will prefer NY's lenient bail laws and the ability to be released on their own recognizance, too!

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1    2 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif   Dont think some of those rikers inmates would go for that , those MoFo's in texas are strapped  and would likely pop a cap  if those inmates revert to their prievious lifestyle choices  in a new destination / enviroment .

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.3    2 years ago
Somehow I think the prisoners will prefer NYC jails to Texas jails. 

I wouldn't be to sure about that, Rikers is a mismanaged hellhole.  They had 11 inmates deaths there so far this year.  

The jail declined so badly under  Bill de Blasio, that a federal monitor was installed 2016. It may soon come under federal receivership if violence is continues to spiral out of control.

This last week, two uniformed corrections officers came down with Monkeypox, you have to assume that they were frisky with some inmates who may now have it also,

“Rikers Island is a hellhole. I know. Not only have I represented hundreds upon hundreds of clients caged there, I represent it in the City Council. Neither incarcerated New Yorkers nor the jail’s staff are safe. Departmental leadership has stopped cooperating with the federal monitor and unaccountably refused to allow an expert attorney in today. The Adams Administration’s inability to improve the situation has even raised the possibility of federal receivership. It’s easy to see why: lack of cleaning supplies, lack of medical attention, constant overdoses and other health crises, New Yorker after New Yorkers languishing in Intake for day after day with no air conditioning in the middle of a severe heatwave, avoidable stabbings and other violent attacks, and generally a persistent wave of what in the outside world would be seen as an emergency taking a week or two to address inside the facility,” part of Cabán’s statement read. NYC manages it's jail about as well as Baltimore manages theirs.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.1.5    2 years ago

Maybe NYC is just a little strapped for cash after receiving hundreds of immigrants.

Hard to imagine with their high taxes that could happen, though.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.7  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1    2 years ago
He's been sending them to us for months.

Yes, that's what Biden has been doing ... flying them into airports in Westchester, LI, and Stewart (Newburgh, NY) -- even dropping them off at NJTP rest stops after their arrivals at those airports. 

This past week was the first time that illegal aliens in Texas volunteered to go to NYC via bus to the mid-town Port Authority Terminal under Abbott's watch, and he complied.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.1.7    2 years ago
Yes, that's what Biden has been doing ... flying them into airports in Westchester, LI, and Stewart (Newburgh, NY) -- even dropping them off at NJTP rest stops after their arrivals at those airports. 

Could you prove that?

This past week was the first time that illegal aliens in Texasvolunteered to go to NYCvia bus to the mid-town Port Authority Terminal under Abbott's watch, and he complied.

NYC didn't volunteer to get them. In fact, quite the opposite. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
4.1.9  GregTx  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.8    2 years ago

Well neither did Texas...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  GregTx @4.1.9    2 years ago

Look, I'm not saying differently, but making the problem of your state is equivalent to making our state's problems yours and we have plenty.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.11  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.8    2 years ago
NYC didn't volunteer to get them. In fact, quite the opposite.

i would have to disagree, mainly because NYC has been declared a sanctuary city for many years , and recognized as such by its own elected officials  and its people .

Now if a governmental entity like the city government makes a statement that they offer sanctuary and will not co-operate with the federal entity when it comes to immigration , then it would make sense for those subject to deportation because their status is revoked federally  to go where the local government wont co operate .

only way to change that is to change the status from sanctuary to co operating city on immigration with the federal entity , that the residents can do with their votes and whom they elect .

Until that happens the city and state will be the motel 6  of the area , leaving the light on , attracting all the unwanted moths .

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.11    2 years ago
i would have to disagree, mainly because NYC has been declared a sanctuary city for many years , and recognized as such by its own elected officials  and its people .

Wrong. That is not how NY considers itself a sanctuary city. 

And not turning people in, is a different thing than having some other state decide to bus piles of illegals into the city.

Until that happens the city and state will be the motel 6  of the area , leaving the light on , attracting all the unwanted moths .

Funny, we never had a problem with it before. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.14  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.12    2 years ago

LMFAO, well someone better tell google , thats who i asked , and they say according to 5 different sources that NYC IS a sanctuary city, and with that choice , comes consequenses , NYC wont get to tell people later oh thats not what we meant by sanctuary., might also want to tell those people crossing the border too.... that may sound a little  NIMBY to some .

Funny , hawaii has been shipping their homeless and problem people to the west coast for years just to avoid the cost of assistance and programs , last i checked they have always been progressive dem or dem ran .

likely didnt have a problem before because no one thought to exploit the legal loophole of offering people someplace else to go until they got fed up with the financial drain of said policies . besides offering transportation out of state , to somewhere else , does not violate immigration laws or policies  or any federal statute currently on the books .

Someone left the light on ....

Im going to say , sanctuary cities and states saddled that bronc , let them ride it , if they dont like it the voters can change who they vote for more to their liking .

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.15  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.14    2 years ago

I'm calling BS on that whole business Mark. I gave you a legal journal and you give me internet google searches.

This is one state abusing another, and it was not something that NY ever did. You want to make this a political statement, then say so. But in reality, this is a stunt that Abbott is doing, and using people as his weapon of choice. 

btw... the very difference between how NYC does what it does, is that we don't have a homeless problem. We just don't turn in working people to ICE.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.16  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.15    2 years ago

And MOST people that are unsure or dont know  will use what to get a drift of the subject? not everyone is going to look at legal journals written for lawyers , the average person will seek out the simplest answer that they can understand, in this case i had a simple question if NYC or NYS was considered a sanctuary place , going off that most people will likely believe they are , now the legal journal has more nuances and particulars , but those seeking sanctary wont concern themselves with that , they will look for that foot in the door where they can give themselves time and opertunity if needed to move . 

you may not LIKE texas and its state government can legally offer these people options to leave the state and go somewhere else , but thats not illegal nor does it violate immigration law or policy on the fed level , and consider the cost of a bus , even with the cost of fuel, and only 40 passengers , the state came out ahead by making that offer of transport to a different state with different rules on how they handle things .

Now that last sentence has me thinking , about not turning in working people?

so as long as they work , doesnt matter that federally its illegal for them to work , or if they came in illegally they have no right to be here , but NYS and NYC says they dont care as long as they work and pay taxes right?

How about that 10 yr old from ohio that had to cross a state line because she was raped statutorily after the abortion issue blew up?

turns out the guy they charged was in the country illegally , was working illegally and had been for a few years , going  by one states stance it  is  ok to think that because he was working he should be OK.....hindsight tells me he should have been deported , period . now of course he is looking at jail time AND deportation once he serves his sentence if convicted .

you can call bullshit all you want , that still doesnt trump common sense or reality, and the reality and common sense is what i have followed in this situation .

and common sense and reality would tell these people to go somewhere where things are more adventagious to them , but now they are finding out something a lot different than they saw with what was said . caveate emptor as they say 

No one ever promised a rose garden , those need rain and alot of bullshit to grow .

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.17  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.1.16    2 years ago

The legal issue does matter, and the gov of Texas knows that. That is the bottom line.

You offer undocumented people a free bus ride to anywhere USA, they will take it.   That alone should be illegal. That makes him an accessory to a crime, given your 10 year old rape story. Also, they don't care about our laws. They only care about getting out of their hellish countries. And don't make NYC the bad guy here about illegals, because Texas is involved in not obeying immigration law if they are doing this. In fact, they are transporting illegals across state lines, which is a crime.

So yeah, I still call BS on this. It is a shameless political stunt.  

GregTx
PhD Guide
4.1.18  GregTx  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.17    2 years ago

If the CBP is releasing them into the state of Texas then how are they illegal? Surely you're not suggesting that the border states should have to deal with this on their own? 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.19  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  GregTx @4.1.18    2 years ago

That is customs border protection. They are not meant to stay, are they?

My mom's family and my SIL's family are also going to be allowed in from England and Italy by the same authority, with the promise that they won't stay.

GregTx
PhD Guide
4.1.20  GregTx  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.19    2 years ago

Send them down to Texas, they might enjoy it.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.21  arkpdx  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.17    2 years ago
Texas is involved in not obeying immigration law if they are doing this. In fact, they are transporting illegals across state lines, which is a crime. 

Cite the law that they are violating then. Was the Biden administration violating that law when they were/are flying illegal aliens to multiple locations in the middle of the night?

As far as I am concerned, those caught should given a choice to be  be sent right back across the border immediately or should be incarcerated until their hearings and subsequent deportation. There should be none of this catch and release crap. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.22  arkpdx  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.19    2 years ago
My mom's family and my SIL's family are also going to be allowed in from England and Italy by the same authority, with the promise that they won't stay. 

Are they coming in legally in accordance to all our laws? Will they obtain visas prior to coming here? If they overstay their visit they too should be rounded up and deported immediately. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.23  Jack_TX  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1    2 years ago
He's been sending them to us for months.

And we've been getting them for decades.  Take your problem, multiply it by 100, and that's what we get every year.  

Or.... here's another idea....  Y'all could have word with AOC, Schumer, and several other of the people you've elected about how the situation at the southern border might warrant more significant action than melodramatic Instagram posts.

260619aoc-768x403.jpg

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.24  Greg Jones  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.10    2 years ago

"Look, I'm not saying differently, but making the problem of your state is equivalent to making our state's problems yours and we have plenty."

The border states aren't responsible for an ongoing problem  exacerbated by the Democrats.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.25  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  arkpdx @4.1.21    2 years ago
Cite the law that they are violating then. Was the Biden administration violating that law when they were/are flying illegal aliens to multiple locations in the middle of the night?

And NYC is not responsible for what the Biden Admin is or is not doing. Please show me proof of such claim.

As far as I am concerned, those caught should given a choice to be  be sent right back across the border immediately or should be incarcerated until their hearings and subsequent deportation. There should be none of this catch and release crap. 

Fair enough.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.26  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  arkpdx @4.1.22    2 years ago
Are they coming in legally in accordance to all our laws? Will they obtain visas prior to coming here? If they overstay their visit they too should be rounded up and deported immediately. 

They are coming through like 10's of thousands of people do every day. You don't need a visa unless you are doing a long-term stay. And yes, people who overstay their visas do get deported, if ICE catches them.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.27  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.23    2 years ago

Jack,

It's not that I disagree with the frustrations of Texans on the border. 

AOC is an idiot and Schumer is a powerful politician and I didn't see him post Instagram photo ops like AOC. I don't have to agree with them. I doubt Mayor Adams does. He was in law enforcement in case you didn't know.

And for that matter, I could blame Texans who voted Abbott in but notice I didn't.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.28  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.24    2 years ago
The border states aren't responsible for an ongoing problem  exacerbated by the Democrats.

I don't deny that there is a problem. But the day Trump was voted out, they started coming over in droves. The border issue could be handled better. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.1.29  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.17    2 years ago
In fact, they are transporting illegals across state lines, which is a crime.

The loophole with that? once they get a court date for a hearing , they are no longer in the country illegally and can be said to have a modicum of legal status , which means they can come and go as they please until their hearing date . where they choose or are offered to go if they accept it  is up to them .

Again , common sense and reality take hold , to them which is more adventagious? where would it be harder for them to be found if they choose to ignore the hearing date ? a texas border town , or a city hundreds or thousands of miles away with a population of millions that they can just dissapear in like flatulance in the wind , that has a stated policy ( according to them ) of protecting them ? 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.30  Jack_TX  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.27    2 years ago
It's not that I disagree with the frustrations of Texans on the border. 

Thank you for that.  Seriously.

But that doesn't alleviate the stress on every aspect of our infrastructure that has been going on for decades.  We've been begging, pleading, shouting, screaming, and otherwise trying to get help with the real-world non-ideological problems mass immigration brings, including housing, healthcare, transportation, education and everything else.  

You have 4000 migrants, and Adams is begging Washington for help. If he needs it, just think how much more of it we need.

I will say, the whole crisis aspect is hilarious.  Nine million people in NYC, and as soon as a couple thousand migrants show up, suddenly it's full?  No more room? Just can't even?  Population growth of .04% sends the city into a tailspin?  He's embarrassing himself and all of you.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.31  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jack_TX @4.1.30    2 years ago
I will say, the whole crisis aspect is hilarious.  Nine million people in NYC, and as soon as a couple thousand migrants show up, suddenly it's full?  No more room? Just can't even?  Population growth of .04% sends the city into a tailspin?  He's embarrassing himself and all of you.

Yes it is for us. See, unlike San Fran, we actually house our homeless. There is limited housing. Right now, these two bus loads are sleeping on the floor of government offices as they scramble to find a place to put them. 

It's not a matter of population growth. It's a matter that these people need food and clothes and housing. Otherwise, you would be calling us a dirt hole city with our homeless on the street. 

Now I am bowing out of this discussion since no matter how reasonable I try to be, I'm not getting that back in return.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.1.32  Jack_TX  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.31    2 years ago
Now I am bowing out of this discussion since no matter how reasonable I try to be, I'm not getting that back in return.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Every problem you're describing is a problem we've faced on a massively larger scale for 40 years, at least.  We also have limited housing.  We have limited hospitals, schools, and everything else, just like you do.  I'm not sure how that's an unreasonable assertion.

This is not a "Texas problem" or a "border state" problem. It's an American problem.  These people are coming to America, not Arizona.   

If hundreds of thousands of penniless, French speaking Canadians were fording the St. Lawrence year after year after year, you would expect some massive help, and rightfully so.

It's not a matter of population growth. It's a matter that these people need food and clothes and housing. Otherwise, you would be calling us a dirt hole city with our homeless on the street. 

I have been around illegal aliens for most of my adult life.  They will not be homeless.  That's not how this works.   

Most of these people traveled for weeks or months to get to the US.  Many of them walked all the way from Honduras or Guatemala or Panama or wherever.  It's about 1200 miles from Guatemala to McAllen.  You don't undertake that journey unless you're incredibly ambitious and equally resourceful.  They will absolutely outwork anybody you've ever seen or heard of. 

Point these folks to wherever the day labor pool congregates in the morning, and they'll be out of the shelter and self-sufficient in a week.  

Now...if we as a nation were smart enough to raise the antiquated, idiotic, last century quota....none of this would be a problem.  They could start taking some of the quarter million jobs currently posted in NYC or the tens of millions currently open around the country.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.33  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.8    2 years ago
Could you prove that?

Perrie, of course I can. It's old news easily available to everyone on the Internet. Here you go!

Westchester Airport:

Stewart Airport:

NYC didn't volunteer to get them. 

I didn't say it did, but you need to understand that Stewart, Westchester, LI, NJ, and others didn't "volunteer" either. By the way, Texas and Arizona didn't volunteer to accept Biden's illegal aliens either.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Nerm_L @4    2 years ago
40 illegals sent to New York City? 

It seems that Adams doesn't want more illegal alien brown and black people in his sanctuary city.

Must be time to declare a national emergency.

Careful with that one. We currently have around 6,000 cases of monkeypox, and I've read hints from the left media that we're headed toward a national medical emergency that will cause another mandatory vote-by-mail situation ... ala 2020 (IOW, no in person voting allowed).

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.2    2 years ago
It seems that Adams doesn't want more illegal alien brown and black people in his sanctuary city.

No, we don't have any place to put them. It has nothing to do with color, but nice try.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.2.1    2 years ago
No, we don't have any place to put them.

And you think border states do?  

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.2.3  Jack_TX  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.2.1    2 years ago
It has nothing to do with color, but nice try.

Really?  

Because whenever we complain about it people scream "racist" at us.  I guess that doesn't apply to Yankee liberals?  How does that work, exactly?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jack_TX @4.2.3    2 years ago
Really?   Because whenever we complain about it people scream "racist" at us.  I guess that doesn't apply to Yankee liberals?  How does that work, exactly?

Oh please, Jack. And did you just call me a liberal? 

I don't name-call anyone unless they show me their colors. I don't recall ever calling you a racist, or any NYer calling Texans racists. 

Btw... spent a whole lot of time down south and calling us Yankees, is being unpleasant to say the least.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2.2    2 years ago

No I don't.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.2.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.2.4    2 years ago
calling us Yankees, is being unpleasant 

Better than Damn Yankees.  When I moved to TN during High School, a father of a girl I wanted to date called me that, so we snuck out at night that summer instead.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.2.4    2 years ago

Well, when my DI asked where I was from and I told him Michigan, he replied:   Oh, another blue-belly eh?    

That’s when I realized how screwed I really was.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.2.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.2.6    2 years ago

LOL, that's one way to deal with it.

Here is something to ponder. To my English relatives, we are all Yankees, Yanks to be exact... even southerners. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.7    2 years ago
That’s when I realized how screwed I really was.

Pretty much! 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.2.5    2 years ago

So what's YOUR solution?  I'm all for 1 of 2 things.  Immediate removal from the country or putting them in sanctuary cities like NYC.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.2.11  Jack_TX  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.2.4    2 years ago
Oh please, Jack. And did you just call me a liberal? 

Not you.  Mayor Adams.  And AOC.  And Schumer.  And all the other people who actually do shout "racist" anytime anybody suggests we control the border.  We'll throw Beto into that group, as well, but he's not a Yankee.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.2.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jack_TX @4.2.11    2 years ago

Please show me where Mayor Adams called Texans racists. That was our last moron. I'm not even sure about Schumer. AOC, yeah she said it.

We'll throw Beto into that group, as well, but he's not a Yankee.

Psst.... I don't know if anyone told you, but the war is over.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.2.13  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Jack_TX @4.2.3    2 years ago

Not cool jack.

perrie i have come to know as a moderate centrist, yes with some liberal of the classic sense leanings on SOME issues  not what passes for aprogressive liberal as we know it today . She and i are usually on the same plane on a political scale just on opposite sides of the center line .her leaning classical liberal to moderate , with me leaning more conservative and moderate .

My point in this is i will not disrespect or disregard what are her views as she sees them simply because i disagree with them . just as i already know she will return what i do in spades . we can disagree , but the respect remains . something many people have forgotten can and does still exist .

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.2.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.2.13    2 years ago

Completely agree, besides, Perrie puts up with all of my BS, so I owe her, big-time.

Added:

To clarify, by "puts up", I mean she doesn't lean too hard on the delete key and is fair (usually) with het ticket assessments.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
4.2.15  Jack_TX  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @4.2.13    2 years ago
Not cool jack.

To clarify once again....

The "Yankee liberal" in question was/is Eric Adams.  Not Perrie.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.16  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.2.1    2 years ago

Why not? NYC has proudly called itself a "sanctuary city" and welcomed illegal aliens for years. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
4.2.17  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.2.1    2 years ago

Central Park , and  FEMA trailers from NOLA. plenty of land and trailers might be moldy though  and not winterproof .....SARC/

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5  Greg Jones    2 years ago

These big city lib hypocrites hate it when their bluff is called

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6  arkpdx    2 years ago

The headline is incorrect. Those illegals sent to New York all went voluntarily. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.1  Jasper2529  replied to  arkpdx @6    2 years ago
The headline is incorrect.

No surprise ... It's CBS.

Those illegals sent to New York all went voluntarily. 

Absolutely true. Abbott provided those illegal aliens with the destinations they asked for.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7  Texan1211    2 years ago

Seems as if the liberals are all okay with immigrants, provided they don't come to their cities.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago

Last week, SEN Sean Patrick Maloney (D-NY) and REP Jerry Nadler (D-NY) sent a letter to the Dir of Homeland Security complaining about immigrants bein bussed away to Mississippi.  This week, REP Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and NY State SEN Adriano Espaillat wrote a letter to Homeland Security complaining about immigrants being bussed into NYC.  Sec Mayorkas is getting a lot of mail.

August 03, 2022

Dear Secretary Mayorkas and Acting Director Johnson,

We write to express our deep concern over the recent transfer of immigrant detainees from Orange County Jail (OCJ) in Goshen, New York. We request a full briefing to better understand the circumstances around the transfer and to express general concern over Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) transfer policy.

Last week, ICE transferred at least 65 detainees from OCJ, sending 61 of those individuals over 1,300 miles away to Adams County in Mississippi. Detainees were given almost no notice that they would be transferred out of the facility, let alone that they were being sent halfway across the country. While ICE stated that it followed its own detainee transfer policy, which has been in place since 2012, we find the policy significantly lacking.1 Under ICE’s policy, notice to attorneys is not required until 24 hours after the transfer occurs and there is no requirement to notify family at all.2 This can lead to unnecessary concern and confusion for the detainee’s counsel and family members.

As you know, OCJ is the closest ICE detention facility to New York City. Many individuals who are detained at this facility have family, support systems, and legal representation in the New York City area. It is extremely traumatizing for these individuals to lose those vital support systems as they prepare to make their case in immigration court proceedings....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.1  Sparty On  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8    2 years ago

Alex is having a real bad year so far .....

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9  Jasper2529    2 years ago

Why didn't liberals bitch and whine when Biden flew thousands of illegal aliens into Long Island, Westchester, Newburgh NY airports in the dead of night? They were also silent about Biden's secret night time flights and busloads into TN and NJ. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
9.1  bugsy  replied to  Jasper2529 @9    2 years ago
They were also silent about Biden's secret night time flights and busloads into TN and NJ.

Same thing when they were flown into Florida in the middle of the night for weeks.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  bugsy @9.1    2 years ago
Same thing when they were flown into Florida in the middle of the night for weeks.

True. IF these illegal aliens are verified/vetted "refugees", why is Biden secretly flying/busing thousands of them all over the country? Too bad for him that he's been caught doing it!  Hispanic/Latino voters who legally emigrated and became US citizens don't approve of this, and Biden's poll numbers with them show it. 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
10  afrayedknot    2 years ago

Every comment hereabouts is to the who, what, where, and when…so conveniently ignoring the why.

Until we are willing to address the why, we will be forever complaining about the result rather than confronting the cause. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @10    2 years ago
Every comment hereabouts is to the who, what, where, and when…so conveniently ignoring the why. Until we are willing to address the why, we will be forever complaining about the result rather than confronting the cause. 

Oh, not to worry about any of that, Harris has it all figured out now.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1    2 years ago
Oh, not to worry about any of that, Harris has it all figured out now.

Ahhh ... our "Border Czar" in absentia. What's she been up to lately? Making another giggling word salad speech?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @10.1.1    2 years ago

If Democrats were really smart, they would only trot her out when they need a tiebreaking vote in the Senate.

She is a disaster otherwise.

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.2  bugsy  replied to  afrayedknot @10    2 years ago
so conveniently ignoring the why.

We KNOW the why.

For future democrat votes.

charger 383
Professor Silent
10.3  charger 383  replied to  afrayedknot @10    2 years ago

"willing to address the why"

the why is it is nice here and we are foolish enough to let them come and diminish what we have worked to have 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
10.4  arkpdx  replied to  afrayedknot @10    2 years ago
Until we are willing to address the why, 

I don't care why. They don't belong here, they have no right to be here and if things are bad where they came from it is up to them to fix it not us. 

charger 383
Professor Silent
10.4.1  charger 383  replied to  arkpdx @10.4    2 years ago

and I very much agree with you on that

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
11  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago
Why

Exactly, why would people of color risk their lives and give up everything that they know to come to this racist, income unequal country that teetering on the edge of fascism.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
11.1  Sparty On  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @11    2 years ago

Vexing question to be sure ....

squiggy
Junior Silent
12  squiggy    2 years ago

2cclqu.jpg

shona1
PhD Quiet
12.1  shona1  replied to  squiggy @12    2 years ago

Commonly called....

Economic free loaders...Not a genuine refugee in sight...

No doubt will be all studying to become "Engineers" the standard response...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
12.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  shona1 @12.1    2 years ago
No doubt will be all studying to become "Engineers" the standard response..

"Social engineers" are still are still engineers, they just engineer to change societal views and actions ......( said tougne in cheek)

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
12.2  Jack_TX  replied to  squiggy @12    2 years ago

Let's be careful we're not mistaking Afghan refugees....who were transported here by the US military in exchange for their service during the conflict... and people walking across the Rio Grande in the middle of the night (who still aren't freeloaders, BTW).

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
12.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Jack_TX @12.2    2 years ago
Once they arrive, they become freeloaders

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
12.2.2  arkpdx  replied to  Jack_TX @12.2    2 years ago
who still aren't freeloaders, BTW).

No they are criminals and invaders. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
12.2.3  arkpdx  replied to  Jack_TX @12.2    2 years ago
Let's be careful we're not mistaking Afghan refugees....who were transported here by the US military in exchange for their service during the conflict 

Well we could treat them like the US citizens and our Afghan allies that were abandoned to the mercies of the Taliban by Biden. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
12.2.4  Jack_TX  replied to  arkpdx @12.2.2    2 years ago
No they are criminals and invaders.

Only because we're too stupid to change the quota.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13  Tacos!    2 years ago

I appreciate the frustration over the feeble border enforcement, and I also appreciate the balls of the strategy itself. However, it also seems like Abbot is trying to set a record for how many different ways he can violate the Constitution. Seems like the kind of ridiculous scenario you run into in law school exams or the Bar.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
13.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tacos! @13    2 years ago

Sorry but bullshit. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
13.1.1  GregTx  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.1    2 years ago

Yep border states should have been doing this since Reagan..

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.1    2 years ago

Which part? I said a couple of things. Or did you even read what I wrote?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
13.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tacos! @13.1.2    2 years ago

How is he violating the Constitution?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.1.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.1.3    2 years ago

Abbott didn't. These illegal aliens volunteered to get on those buses to DC and NYC. I think it's hilarious that Adams is freaking out over 54 illegals (2 buses) in a week when the Del Rio Sector's small towns have been giving housing, clothing, food, education, and healthcare to several thousand a week since Biden's first day.

GregTx
PhD Guide
13.2  GregTx  replied to  Tacos! @13    2 years ago

How is he violating the Constitution? I'm sure this will be entertaining as well as informative...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.2.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  GregTx @13.2    2 years ago

I really doubt he is , mainly because constitutionally protected rights are for bonifide citizens of the nation .

Now there are SOME legal rights , that might sound like they are constitutional that are afforded non citizens , such as right to legal councel , a trial , or protections from cruel and unusual punishment but those are all laws and not constitutionally protected and the laws that pertain to them can be changed at any time at the discretion of the legislature and executive branches .

Ender
Professor Principal
13.2.2  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.2.1    2 years ago

I could be wrong but I took it as a violation as to immigration and enforcement is up to the Federal level. The feds are in charge and not the states.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.2.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Ender @13.2.2    2 years ago

actually the subject of immigration is left to the executive branch  with the legislative being able to create laws , thing is abbot is breaking no laws or interfering with immigration , he is simply providing options to those claiming that status .

so there is nothing "constitutional " that the immigrants are being denied or even legal for that matter , the choices are theirs to make , of course they will choose depending on what they are told on arrival , such as i mentioned they could be told there is NO state assistance for them due to their status , and the individual state is under no obligation to provide any assistance to non residents or non citizens .

the people in the situation are free to make their own choices , but choices always have consequenses , and no one is obligated to help another to mitigate those consequenses .

now if abbot had those buses headed south of the border , that would be a violation , but its not a violation to offer a ticket out of the state to somewhere else nor is it illegal , if it was , hawaii would be in a shitstorm of trouble for giving their indigent and homeless populations plane tickets to the west coast to get rid of them , and they have been doing that for years .

the cost of the ticket is cheaper than what the state would spend on programs and assistance , this might make a few cities and states rethink that sanctuary policy many adopted oh those years ago. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.2.4  Gsquared  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.2.1    2 years ago

The Constitutional rights guaranteed by the 5th, 6th and 8th Amendments in the Bill of Rights, including right to a jury trial, right to counsel and the protection against cruel and unusual punishment apply to anyone within the jurisdiction of the United States, whether they are citizens or non-citizens, and they cannot be changed at any time at the discretion of the legislative and executive branches.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.2.6  arkpdx  replied to  Gsquared @13.2.4    2 years ago
right to a jury trial, right to counsel and the protection against cruel and unusual punishment 

There has been comments that Abbot has violated the rights of the illegal aliens. Tell me which of the rights you listed has he violated? Are there some other rights that are being violated by Texas? What are they?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
13.2.7  Gsquared  replied to  arkpdx @13.2.6    2 years ago
Tell me which of the rights you listed has he violated? Are there some other rights that are being violated by Texas? What are they?

Why are you asking me?  Where did I say anyone's rights had been violated.

charger 383
Professor Silent
13.2.8  charger 383  replied to  arkpdx @13.2.6    2 years ago

"violated the rights of the illegal aliens."

What rights and why is should effort be wasted on that? 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.2.9  arkpdx  replied to  charger 383 @13.2.8    2 years ago

Don't ask me. I asked the same question and so far all I've gotten is crickets 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.2.10  arkpdx  replied to  charger 383 @13.2.8    2 years ago

Don't ask me. I asked the same question and so far all I've gotten is crickets 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
13.2.11  arkpdx  replied to  GregTx @13.2    2 years ago

You are not expecting an answer are you?

JBB
Professor Principal
13.2.12  seeder  JBB  replied to  charger 383 @13.2.8    2 years ago

The same internationally recognized "human rights" that protect Americans when we are living, working or traveling worldwide!

charger 383
Professor Silent
13.2.13  charger 383  replied to  JBB @13.2.12    2 years ago

That is for those doing it legally, I was asking about illegal aliens

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.2.14  Dulay  replied to  charger 383 @13.2.13    2 years ago

If they were taken to NYC without their consent, as the article claims, that's kidnapping. 

Non-citizens have Constitutional rights. Very few Constitutional rights are limited to 'citizens'. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.2.15  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Gsquared @13.2.4    2 years ago

Actually , they can , though some might not like it or wish to admit it .

One way would be a constitutional amendment addressing  those rights as they pertain to non citizens .

the other is through policy and legislation both in the hands of the executive and legislative respectfully , but as we have seen those things can and will be challenged in courts  as to their validity  and enforcability.

thinking about it , another thing that makes things a little harder , is the different world organizations and bodies the US belong to and the treaties that have been approved  in the respect to immigration of any kind .

all those things are in the "mix" so to speak . we just have to wait and see what direction things go.

And just as a thought , if one were to put the US on a scale to include all of the most debated violators of human rights and immigration , such as NK , iran , china , ( you can add any you wish ) think about how they treat those that illegally cross their designated borders and the US ranking doesnt appear to be what some wish to make it appear .

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13.2.16  Tacos!  replied to  GregTx @13.2    2 years ago
How is he violating the Constitution?

A few ways. Just off the top of my head.

US v Arizona held that immigration enforcement is the responsibility of the federal government. The states are not allowed to play on their own.

He’s probably violating their 4th Amendment rights, though SCOTUS has not had the opportunity to rule on this particular fact set. Usually the remedy for 4th Amendment violations is the Exclusionary Rule. That wouldn’t apply here, but it is possible to sue for damages in civil court when the government violates your 4th Amendment rights.

He’s probably violating their 5th/14th Amendment rights, depriving the migrants of liberty without due process.

These people would also have possible criminal and/or civil causes of action on a charge of kidnapping.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.2.17  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.16    2 years ago

Is there any evidence at all to support a theory that Abbott is forcing anyone to go anywhere?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.2.18  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.16    2 years ago
He’s probably violating their 5th/14th Amendment rights, depriving the migrants of liberty without due process. These people would also have possible criminal and/or civil causes of action on a charge of kidnapping.

As much as Democrats, including Biden, are griping about this, I wonder why Biden's Justice Dept. isn't just ALL over this, just in time for the midterms!

GregTx
PhD Guide
13.2.19  GregTx  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.16    2 years ago

Providing transportation does not equate to immigration enforcement. As for the rest.. 

Do you really think they are being forced onto those buses? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.2.20  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @13.2.19    2 years ago

Maybe Biden's JD isn't going after Abbott because they don't want any attention paid to what is actually occurring on the border.

GregTx
PhD Guide
13.2.21  GregTx  replied to  Texan1211 @13.2.18    2 years ago
.. I wonder why Biden's Justice Dept. isn't just ALL over this,..

Exactly. All this unconstitutional and unlawful behavior by a red state governor? You'd think they'd be all over that.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
13.2.22  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @13.2.20    2 years ago
utional and unlawful behavior by a red state governor? You'd think they'd be all over that

It would have no choice but admit that Biden has failed at securing the border.  Maybe that's why his approval to continue to build the wall didn't receive all that much press.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.2.23  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @13.2.17    2 years ago

No. The illegals have already said (on camera) that they wanted to go to NYC. (From there, it's easy for them to go to their real destinations.)

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13.2.24  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @13.2.17    2 years ago

If they’re not forced and they’re volunteers, then Abbot is in violation of federal law. So either way, he’s probably breaking the law.

1907. TITLE 8, U.S.C. 1324(A) OFFENSES

Domestic Transporting -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(ii) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13.2.25  Tacos!  replied to  GregTx @13.2.19    2 years ago

See below . . . er . . . above? at 13.2.24

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13.2.26  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.24    2 years ago
entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law.

Aren't they in the Temporary Protected Status,  a federal designation given to these migrants by the federal government allowing them to stay in the country temporarily?

GregTx
PhD Guide
13.2.27  GregTx  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.25    2 years ago

Yes I've seen that argument. You can thank the Feds for making it irrelevant.  See above..

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
13.2.28  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  GregTx @13.2.27    2 years ago

Funny, when the administration was flying them all over the place I didn't hear much noise out of our friends here.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.2.29  Jasper2529  replied to  charger 383 @13.2.13    2 years ago

Many people believe that illegal aliens = legal immigrants.

charger 383
Professor Silent
13.2.30  charger 383  replied to  Jasper2529 @13.2.29    2 years ago

and that is a big part of the problem

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.2.31  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.24    2 years ago

feds let them in, blame Biden

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13.2.32  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @13.2.28    2 years ago
when the administration was flying them all over the place

Well, flying is a more comfortable way to travel.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13.2.33  Tacos!  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @13.2.26    2 years ago

Could be. And of course they have rights to hearings and such. I have a feeling that will not excuse people who transport them.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.2.34  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.24    2 years ago

how does Abbott know if they are illegal? that is Biden's job!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13.2.35  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @13.2.34    2 years ago
how does Abbott know if they are illegal?

He believes they are. That’s why he has authorized the agencies he controls to pick them up. He has said so. 

And anyway, he doesn’t even need to do it. He can just do it in “reckless disregard” of the fact. That is, he has good reason to suspect they are illegal, and he proceeds anyway.

All of this is unprecedented, of course, and it will be interesting to see what happens legally.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13.2.36  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.35    2 years ago
All of this is unprecedented, of course, and it will be interesting to see what happens legally.

The first bus arrived here in D.C. in mid-Apr.  Arizona buses started in May.  More than 6,100 migrants have been bused to D.C. from Texas.  They arrive six days a week, sometimes multiple buses each day.  Mayor Bowser got a FEMA grant in June for an international nonprofit to offer emergency services to migrants.  Bowser now wants the National Guard to help out.

These migrants had been let out of federal immigration detention centers at the border.  There was no federal support for them.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
13.2.37  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.35    2 years ago

doesn't matter if he believes it or not. Biden let them in, so  fair game 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13.2.38  Tacos!  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @13.2.36    2 years ago
Mayor Bowser got a FEMA grant in June for an international nonprofit to offer emergency services to migrants.  Bowser now wants the National Guard to help out.

Interesting. I suppose he’s putting his money (or taxpayers’ money) where is mouth is. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
13.2.39  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @13.2.36    2 years ago

any bets they were also told that there would be no state assistance or support coming their way either  due to state qualification standards ?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13.2.40  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tacos! @13.2.38    2 years ago

Mayor Bowser is a woman.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13.2.41  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @13.2.39    2 years ago

No bet from me.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
13.3  Jack_TX  replied to  Tacos! @13    2 years ago
However, it also seems like Abbot is trying to set a record for how many different ways he can violate the Constitution.

I don't know if that's actually the case or not, but I can tell you that the fields where we grow the fucks we would normally give have been trampled by all the illegal immigrants over the last 50 years.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Jack_TX @13.3    2 years ago

As I said, I appreciate the frustration.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
14  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
Adams, meanwhile, is now turning to the federal government for more resources.

Poor little liberal.  I guess NYC isn't one of the destinations of Biden Night Flights.  Now he, should, understand what border states are going through.  The only thing missing is the liberal media making false claims of abuse and "putting kids in cages".

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
15  Jasper2529    2 years ago

I've read a lot of comments which state how many US constitutional rights illegal aliens have. How many US Constitutional rights did Adams and Bragg give the bodega clerk, Jose Alba, a LEGAL immigrant and US citizen, before they threw him into Rikers? ZERO.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
15.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Jasper2529 @15    2 years ago

You know Mr. Alba had one of those scary "boom sticks" and shot the person that was trying to rob him.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
15.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @15.1    2 years ago

Yep, and the career thug's girlfriend who stabbed Alba is still walking free. Go figger.

Revillug
Freshman Participates
16  Revillug    2 years ago

This past weekend was kind of weird in NYC. Lots more homeless people in my neighborhood and they were doing things I don't normally see them doing, like sleeping on the sidewalk at a bus stop in broad daylight. Lots more of them coming into apartment buildings to sleep in the lobbies at night.

Not sure it has to do with Abbott shipping homeless to NYC. It might have more to do with Adams flushing the homeless out of the subway system.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
16.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Revillug @16    2 years ago
It might have more to do with Adams flushing the homeless out of the subway system

maybe he has plans for some of those old abandonded lines like vigo in ghostbusters 2 , like a river of slime , wait isnt that the hudson ?  jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif