╌>

Report: Online trolls are spreading offline hate against LGBTQ Americans | Tuesday Morning Coffee - Pennsylvania Capital-Star

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  2 years ago  •  183 comments

By:   John L. Micek (Pennsylvania Capital-Star)

Report: Online trolls are spreading offline hate against LGBTQ Americans | Tuesday Morning Coffee - Pennsylvania Capital-Star
Researchers found an 'alarming' rise of hate on social media.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Researchers found an 'alarming' rise of hate on social media

By: John L. Micek- September 13, 2022 7:15 amAdobeStock_330466999_Editorial_Use_Only-1024x683.jpeg

(c) Jirapong - Stock.Adobe.com

Baseless attacks against LGBTQ Americans by online trolls — whether anonymous or by well-known politicians and public figures — have created a "cascade of … hate, underpinned by dangerous misinformation and outright lies against the LGBTQ+ community," according to recently released research .

That's the top-line finding of a new report, jointly released by the Center for Countering Digital Hate and the Human Rights Campaign that calls on the social media giants Twitter and Meta , which owns Facebook and Instagram , to act on hate speech, even as they profited from LGBTQ users during Pride Month observances and at other times of the year.

And that online hate has reinforced offline violence and hate, with, for instance, members of the far-right Proud Boys launching a verbal assault during a 'drag queen story hour' at a Bay Area library in June, employing many of the same slurs found online.

"After decades of hard-won progress, the recent surge in violence and anti-LGBTQ+ hate serve as a reminder of how fragile that progress might be, and that there remain determined and capable opponents," Imran Ahmed, the CEO of the Center for Countering Digital Hate , wrote in the report's introduction.

Much of the hate focused on the baseless claim that LGBTQ individuals "groom" young children — a line of attack that's also been used to undermine the teaching of sex education in schools across the country .

BOEBERT-ART--1024x683.jpeg

The data in the report underscores just how common that slur has become in some quarters of social media.

Researchers found that:

• Tweets mentioning the 'OK groomer' slur surged by 2,465 percent.
  • The Walt Disney Co. was targeted with 345,152 tweets about 'grooming.'
  • The 500 most influential hateful 'grooming' tweets were seen 72 million times.
  • 'Grooming' tweets from just ten key figures were viewed 48 million times.
  • Twitter is failing to act on 99 percent of hateful 'grooming' tweets.

Looking at conversations about LGBTQ people between January and July of this year, researchers found that tweets using the 'grooming' slur shot up by 406 percent in the month after Florida passed its 'Don't Say Gay' bill .

U.S. Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga. , and Lauren Boebert, R-Colo. , were among the top purveyors of hate speech online, according to the analysis.

TWEET-CHART--1024x455.png

The report further notes that the hate speech is not exclusive to Twitter , but also was spread on Facebook , where researchers found 59 ads, viewed more than 2.1 million times, promoting the false 'grooming' narrative

"The ads were purchased and ran between March and August 2022 during the height of Florida's ' Don't Say Gay or Trans ' bill controversy and often focused on Disney's opposition to the bill, with language that claims opponents of ' Don't Say Gay or Trans ' are protecting pedophiles or that teaching about LGBTQ+ issues in schools amounts to 'radical sexual grooming,' according to the report.

"Having spoken out against the bill, Disney became a target in this narrative and was the subject of over half of the Facebook ads in this study. The company has also been targeted on Twitter , where 345,152 tweets mentioning Disney appear alongside slurs like 'predator', 'pedophilia', and 'grooming,'" Ahmed noted.

In July, Twitter , Meta , and TikTok said slandering LGBTQ people as 'groomers' violated its existing policies, the Los Angeles Blade reported .

But "as social media companies fail to crack down on the posting and sharing of content that violates their own policies, politically motivated extremists are becoming increasingly unfettered and unhinged online — further inflaming and radicalizing their followers, emboldening extremists to focus their ire on LGBTQ+ people, and doing so with virtually no boundaries or limitations," Joni Madison , the interim president of the Human Rights Campaign , wrote in prefacing remarks.

As the 2022 midterms approach, social media companies are obligated to "recognize their responsibility to stop the spread of extremist and hateful misinformation, including the grooming narrative," Madison wrote. "These companies must act swiftly and transparently, providing clarity on how they're interpreting their own policies. And given their lack of action thus far, we also ask lawmakers to hold these companies to higher standards."

Article is LOCKED by moderator [sandy-2021492]
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

It isn't just LGTBQ facing hate, but immigrants too!

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1    2 years ago

Let's get it right....

Most Americans do not like ILLEGAL immigrants simply jumping our border then expecting a comfortable livelihood off the backs of citizens and legal immigrants.

LEGAL Migrants are perfectly fine and welcome here.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @1.1    2 years ago

Some on the left can see no difference between legal and illegal when it comes to aliens.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @1.1    2 years ago

What explains online hate for LGTBQ persons?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.3  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    2 years ago

To be fair, some do.

I'm sure you saw how fast those elite liberals did the "get the fuck out of here" to the massive 50 illegals that were dropped in their backyard by the great governor DeSantis.

Of course, since the island is essentially 90 percent white liberal, I'm sure they would have probably done that to any brown person that showed up there.....legal or not.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1.1.2    2 years ago

I can't explain or understand online hate for any group, LGTBQ, Southerners, Christians, Liberals, firearm owners, etc.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.5  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1.1.2    2 years ago

I don't know, however, I do know that the black community has the greatest hate towards that community.

Being a gay black male is the epitome of outcast in the black community.

Maybe they are the ones posting the hate.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.6  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1.1.2    2 years ago

Actually, who cares what is said online.

If someone is triggered by what someone said about them online by an anonymous idiot, then that person has some serious issues to deal with.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @1.1.6    2 years ago

Why care? Because online hate, racist and sexist trolling, motivates sick individuals to commit violent hate crimes!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.7    2 years ago
Because online hate, racist and sexist trolling, motivates sick individuals to commit violent hate crimes!

Gee, maybe the Office of Disinformation can sort it all out.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.9  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1.1.7    2 years ago
Because online hate, racist and sexist trolling, motivates sick individuals to commit violent hate crimes!

Or far more common, someone claiming a hate crime, then proven that it was a hoax.

This happened many, many times during the Trump administration and even before it began.

I'm sure you have heard of the Duke volleyball player?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  bugsy @1.1.5    2 years ago
I don't know, however, I do know that the black community has the greatest hate towards that community.

And HOW do you know this?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  bugsy @1.1    2 years ago
Most Americans do not like ILLEGAL immigrants simply jumping our border then expecting a comfortable livelihood off the backs of citizens and legal immigrants.

Unfortunately MOST REPUBLICANS do not differentiate between illegal immigrants and asylum seekers.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.10    2 years ago

Given the hyper-masculine ideals that young black boys grow up in combined with homophobia of the black church makes it likely.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.13  bugsy  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.11    2 years ago
Unfortunately MOST REPUBLICANS do not differentiate between illegal immigrants and asylum seekers

It looks like you have not been here for a few days.

It would have been much more accurate if you had replaced Republican with democrat on your post.

I HIGHLY recommend you go back through some of the posts on other seeds addressing this very thing.

We Republicans have been schooling leftists on the difference.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.11    2 years ago
Unfortunately MOST REPUBLICANS do not differentiate between illegal immigrants and asylum seekers.

Fortunately, MOST REPUBLICANS recognize that the majority of asylum seekers are denied.

Fortunately, MOST REPUBLICANS don't support sanctuary policies that are going against our immigration laws, and don't encourage policies which promote illegal immigration.

Fortunately, MOST REPUBLICANS are more than willing to cooperate with immigration authorities, unlike some of their Democratic counterparts.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.15  bugsy  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.10    2 years ago
And HOW do you know this?

It's called being alive and paying attention, Ozzwald.

You can google some of the papers and articles written about it.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.11    2 years ago

Aren't most of the migrants, smart enough now, to ask for asylum?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.17  bugsy  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.10    2 years ago

Here is a little educational reading for you

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.12    2 years ago
Given the hyper-masculine ideals that young black boys grow up in combined with homophobia of the black church makes it likely.

Shhhhhh.

The left's attacks on Christians never quite seem to include a large portion of their base.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.19  Ozzwald  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.12    2 years ago

Now we have gone from something you "KNOW", to something you claim is likely.  So, once again, show me why you think it is "likely". 

And before you start with more rhetoric, show me how a black church is more homophobic than a white one.  They use the same homophobic, racist, misogynistic bible.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.20  Ozzwald  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.16    2 years ago
Aren't most of the migrants, smart enough now, to ask for asylum?

Meaningless statement.  But goes to prove my point that MOST REPUBLICANS do not care about the difference between illegal immigrants and asylum seekers

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.21  Ozzwald  replied to  bugsy @1.1.17    2 years ago
Here is a little educational reading for you

Wow!  You found an opinion by 1 guy about his own personal feelings.  Congrats, but it doesn't further any argument.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.20    2 years ago
But goes to prove my point that MOST REPUBLICANS do not care about the difference between illegal immigrants and asylum seekers

No, it does not prove any imagined point you 'thought' you had.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.23  bugsy  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.21    2 years ago

OK here is a NPR article that gets deeper in detail.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.24  bugsy  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.20    2 years ago
But goes to prove my point that MOST REPUBLICANS do not care about the difference between illegal immigrants and asylum seekers

Your point is meaningless because, as mentioned before, we republicans have been schooling leftists on this very subject on other seeds.

Maybe you should take a look.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.25  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.19    2 years ago
Now we have gone from something you "KNOW", to something you claim is likely.  So, once again, show me why you think it is "likely". 

I never claimed to “KNOW”!

Black homophobia has been cited as a contributing factor in slowing mobilization against AIDS in the African-American community, as an obstacle to black lesbians and gay men in coming to terms with their sexuality, and as a challenge to the legitimacy of the gay rights movement

The blatant homophobia within the Black community is contradictory given the fact we ourselves are oppressed in society. Black individuals who are in the LGBTQ+ community are plagued with neglect from their community. Battles with identity crises are heavy and the quest for a safe space has become a long and hard journey.

Homophobia, Hypermasculinity and the US Black Church

The show’s black and gay co- creator, Lee Daniels, whose real-life experiences with his father inspired the relationship on the show, has said  he wanted Empire to “blow the lid” off of the “rampant” homophobia in the black community. The backlash wasn’t pretty. Antigay viewers lashed out at Daniels on social media throughout the first season. They threatened him, as well as his children, Daniels told The Advocate .

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.26  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.20    2 years ago

Somewhere, somehow somebody
Must have kicked you around some
Who knows, maybe you were kidnapped
Tied up, taken away and held for ransom, honey
It don't really matter to me baby
Everybody's had to fight to be free
You see you don't have to live like a refugee (don't have to live like a refugee)
No you don't have to live like a refugee (don't have to live like a refugee)
You don't have to live like a refugee (don't have to live like a refugee)
Oh, oh, oh

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.27  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.25    2 years ago

So, now black churches are responsible for online trolling and hate speech? That is an interesting thesis. Care to prove it?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.28  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1.1.27    2 years ago
Care to prove it?

Well, the article he cited seems to prove it.

He himself did not say it.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.29  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1.1.27    2 years ago
Even with all of their diversity, Black Church people are regarded as strikingly similar in their attitudes toward non-heterosexual sexualities.They are viewed as not simply homophobic but more homophobic than other populations of society.

A recent Pew study indicated that the Black Church community was more opposed to these marriages than other communities. The study cited 64 percent of African Americans opposing same-sex marriages, a percentage that had held steady for several years, while the overall population had become less opposed to these marriages (from 41 percent in 1996 to 30 percent in 2003). 1

While many black pastors condemn gays and lesbians from the pulpit, the choir lofts behind them often are filled with gay singers and musicians.

Black churches in the USA constitute a significant source of the homophobia that pervades black communities. This theologically-driven homophobia is reinforced by the anti-homosexual rhetoric of black nationalism.

With respect to the role of the Black Church, sociologist Darren E. Sherkat and his research colleagues used data from General Social Surveys to assess whether religion and race influence support for same-sex marriage.  They found  that “religious denominations play a strong role in structuring attitudes about the morality of homosexuality, and support for specific policies of toleration and nondiscrimination.” They also concluded that “African Americans are significantly more likely to view homosexuality as wrong, in keeping with their conservative Protestant origins and high rates of religious participation.” 

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.30  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.26    2 years ago

"Go ahead and hate you neighbor

Go ahead and cheat a friend 

Do it in the name of heaven

You can justify it in the end

For there won't be any Trumpets blowing

Come the judgement day 

On the bloody morning after 

One tin soldier rides away"...

One Tin Soldier by Original Cast from the movie Billy Jack

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.31  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1.1.30    2 years ago

I’ve spoken nothing of hate, but good song choice.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.32  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.31    2 years ago

The way I see it, based on our online contributions we are all seen as either forces for truth, honor and human decency, or we are not. It is Elves, Humans, Dwarves and Hobbits versus the Orks.

The Orks being online trolls...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.33  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1.1.32    2 years ago

I doesn't surprise me that you see it as a fantasy.  

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.34  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.33    2 years ago

I was trying to explain it in a way a surly teen can understand.

Your response is something I would expect of an adolescent.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.35  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1.1.34    2 years ago
I was trying to explain it in a way a surly teen can understand.

Why, they aren’t here.

Your response is something I would expect of an adolescent.

Yes, your biases running away with you again.

Thomas
Senior Guide
1.1.36  Thomas  replied to  bugsy @1.1    2 years ago

So make them all legal and you won't have anything to complain about.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.37  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1.1.7    2 years ago

Much of it comes from left wingers

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  Thomas @1.1.36    2 years ago

That is exactly what Democrats want--mass amnesty.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.39  bugsy  replied to  Thomas @1.1.36    2 years ago

Yea that's the ticket.

Lets allow millions of unvetted illegal migrants flood the border, get automatic legality that will authorize them to collect welfare and other tax payer paid benefits, overwhelming the system, not that it is already heavy with many lazy Americans.

Would you be willing to take in some of those newly minted legal residents that no one has any idea where they came from, what kind of crimes they may have committed in the past, including murder or simply absolutely nothing about them?

My gut feelings say you would decline the opportunity,

Thomas
Senior Guide
1.1.40  Thomas  replied to  bugsy @1.1.39    2 years ago

So keep them illegal so we can just use their labor, make them pretend citizens who just pay taxes and receive no benefits,  and deport them at will. 

Sounds like a great idea. Not.

The border is as "secure" as it has ever been.  The amount of migrants crossing is not a function of border security, it is a function of how many people feel that life would be better here than where they are or came from.  IMO, the reason more people are crossing now as opposed to during Trump's tenure is because not as many people wanted to get into the country because they saw it as being not good enough to take the risks of the journey.  That's right, not good enough reason to take the risks.  America became less desirable than Venezuela or wherever else they started from.  

We call ourselves a nation of immigrants, but what we should really be saying is "we don't want any more immigrants unless they are willing to wait forever.  I agree that the immigration system is broken, but I don't agree that keeping people out of the country is the way to "fix" the problem. If someone shows up at the border because they want to better their lives, let them in. Keeping them out only shows the worse side of ourselves.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.41  bugsy  replied to  Thomas @1.1.40    2 years ago
So keep them illegal so we can just use their labor, make them pretend citizens who just pay taxes and receive no benefits,  and deport them at will. 

No, keep them illegal so we can deport them as should be.

"The border is as "secure" as it has ever been.  The amount of migrants crossing is not a function of border security, it is a function of how many people feel that life would be better here than where they are or came from.  IMO, the reason more people are crossing now as opposed to during Trump's tenure is because not as many people wanted to get into the country because they saw it as being not good enough to take the risks of the journey.  That's right, not good enough reason to take the risks.  America became less desirable than Venezuela or wherever else they started from."

The border is not secure. The amount of migrants is based on who is in charge here and what their policies on illegal migration is.

Trump has the remain in Mexico which stopped most illegals from coming in if they were claiming asylum, and staying ion Mexico until their hearing date. Mexico agreed to this policy.

Biden came on the scene, stopped the remain in Mexico policy on day one and essentially opened the flood gates to anyone and everyone setting policies that drastically reduced deportation.

I hardly believe that the immigrants are more comfortable coming across because of high prices. They are coming because Biden said "come one, come all, with little to no repercussions.

Trump told them to stay in Mexico. THAT is the reason why there was far less crossings during his term and far more during this POS term.

"If someone shows up at the border because they want to better their lives, let them in."

Biden is doing that. Problem is our infrastructure cannot handle an unlimited number of illegals.

I ask again....

How many of these illegals are you willing to take into your home with no federal support for financing them, because that is what is essentially happening with all of the cities the POS in the White House is doing with secret flights into red cities/states?

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.1.42  afrayedknot  replied to  bugsy @1.1.41    2 years ago

“No, keep them illegal so we can deport them as should be.”

Then deport them. Or perhaps be willing to be a part of the solution rather than take it upon yourself to be a petty, partisan politician and spending tax payer money for private charters…promising jobs, rent assistance, etc. to human beings treated as pawns in a ridiculous game of one-upmanship. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.43  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @1.1.42    2 years ago
Then deport them.

We would like to, but the current clown-show of an Administration in DC doesn't seem too interested in that.

The VP is talking about amnesty, so how far away from deportation can you get?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.44  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.43    2 years ago

Define this, "We"" you that speak of because last I checked it included white supremacists, skin heads, the KKK, Neo-Nazis and the Aryan Nations in wanting to deport poor people who come here seeking refuge from communism, cartels, drug lords, forced prostitution, wars, starvation and certain death!

Thus, your comment drips of the milk of human kindness...

Hate? Schmate! Ain't no hating goin on down round Texas!

Am I right or am I right? Ain't nothing but love and sunshine.

"Y'all come! Take your shoes off. Sit a spell. Come back now!

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.45  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1.1.44    2 years ago
last I checked it included white supremacists, skin heads, the KKK, Neo-Nazis and the Aryan Nations in wanting to deport poor people who come here seeking refuge from communism, cartels, drug lords, forced prostitution, wars, starvation and certain death!

Prove that!!

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.46  bugsy  replied to  afrayedknot @1.1.42    2 years ago
Then deport them.

That's Biden's job.

Like everything else he has touched, he failed.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.47  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.44    2 years ago
Define this, "We"" you that speak of

Republicans and others who support enforcement of immigration laws opposed to a practically open border.

because last I checked it included white supremacists, skin heads, the KKK, Neo-Nazis and the Aryan Nations in wanting to deport poor people who come here seeking refuge from communism, cartels, drug lords, forced prostitution, wars, starvation and certain death!

Blah, blah, blah.

Thus, your comment drips of the milk of human kindness...

Thanks!

Am I right or am I right?

From what you have posted, rarely if ever.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.48  Sparty On  replied to  bugsy @1.1.46    2 years ago
Like everything else he has touched, he failed.

There he goes .....

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.49  bugsy  replied to  afrayedknot @1.1.42    2 years ago
partisan politician and spending tax payer money for private charters…promising jobs, rent assistance, etc. to human beings treated as pawns in a ridiculous game of one-upmanship. 

No proof of any republican governor doing this, only hearsay from money hungry lawyers that are representing these illegal aliens that should not have been in the country in the first place.

However, if you think that is petty and partisan, what do you think of Biden loading up hundreds of thousands of illegals, promising them nothing, and dropping them off in red cities/states for those cities/states to take care of them with no federal assistance?

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.50  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @1.1.45    2 years ago

I stand by what I said. It is up to you to prove me wrong...

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.51  bugsy  replied to  JBB @1.1.50    2 years ago
I stand by what I said

Then you should be able to prove it.

"It is up to you to prove me wrong..."

Nope....You made the claim. It is your responsibility to show the proof.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2  bugsy    2 years ago

New signs at Martha's vinyardno-home-here.jpg

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @2    2 years ago

And yet, many of the residents of Martha's Vineyard are immigrants 

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.1  bugsy  replied to  JBB @2.1    2 years ago

And heavily white

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1    2 years ago

No, they are not.

Where did you pull this mythical "info" from????????

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1    2 years ago

Why insist on publishing false claims?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @2.1.1    2 years ago

I know you are interested in the truth, so here it is:

Martha's Vineyard, MA Household Income, Population & Demographics | Point2 (point2homes.com)

Hard to believe people will make silly claims and not expect anyone else to research it for 5 seconds.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.5  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    2 years ago

Thank you for being an arbiter of truth on here.

It truly is refreshing.

One of the things that stood out to me was the number 864....the number of those living below the poverty line. That number could have jumped to 914, but the predominate white liberals were sure to have those unwanted illegals jettisoned off the island in a hurry.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @2.1.5    2 years ago
Thank you for being an arbiter of truth on here.

SOMEbody certainly needs to be here!

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    2 years ago

Your link says that 7.9% of Vineyard residents are immigrants!

So, is Martha's Vineyard really unwelcoming to all immigrants? 

Considering that 7.9% is significant, I stand by my statement... 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.7    2 years ago
Your link says that 7.9% of Vineyard residents are immigrants!

And THAT constitutes "many" to you??!!!??

So, is Martha's Vineyard really unwelcoming to all immigrants? 

Don't know, ask them how many immigrants they have welcomed there.

Okay, you consider 7.9% of about 17,000 to be 'significant'.

LMAO!

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.9  bugsy  replied to  JBB @2.1.7    2 years ago

That 7.9 is probably significantly overwhelmingly white and European liberal.

No one said Martha's Vineyard was unwelcoming to migrants, however, they have once again exposed the liberal hypocrisy by claiming they are a sanctuary city/state and that all migrants are welcome.

Fifty brown illegals sure did freak them the fuck out.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2.1.7    2 years ago

If you consider 7.9 many.  Other’s think of many as a larger number or the majority.

Perhaps the locals, to include local immigrants didn’t want this group to stay.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @2.1.9    2 years ago

The overwhelming majority of the permanent population of Martha's Vineyard, 88.1%, is white. People of mixed racial heritage make up the next largest population group at 4.8%, while African Americans comprise 3.7%, and Hispanic & Latinos 1.7%. More than 90% of the island's residents were born in the United States.

These numbers are not in line with the numbers overall in that state.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.7    2 years ago

Laughable crap there.

That number is about HALF the percentage of immigrants in Massachusetts.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.13  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @2.1.9    2 years ago

So, it is not all immigrants you hate, just poor non-white ones?

From what I saw the people of the Vineyard were welcoming...

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.14  bugsy  replied to  JBB @2.1.13    2 years ago
So, it is not all immigrants they hate, just the non-white ones?

Where did you imagine that from?

"From what I saw the people of the Vineyard were welcoming..."

You might want to look again. Those "welcoming" residents hurriedly put those migrants back on buses and shipped them straight off the island, after declaring an emergency of the existence of 50 illegals.

Would these white liberals have done the same if the illegals were white?

Maybe.....but probably not quite as quickly.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @2.1.13    2 years ago
? From what I saw the people of the Vineyard were welcoming...

Lol  Some of the richest people in America called the arrival of 50 immigrants a humanitarian crises, said they couldn't help them and packed them onto buses within a day. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.16  bugsy  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.15    2 years ago

Somehow I feel that if those migrants were white, they would now be living in someone's summer home.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.17  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2.1.13    2 years ago
From what I saw the people of the Vineyard were welcoming...

How many are still there today?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.18  bugsy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.17    2 years ago
How many are still there today?

oooooooo        ooooooo       oooooooooo  Pick me Mr Kotter

Answer.....

Zero

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.19  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  bugsy @2.1.18    2 years ago

Wow, only 2 nights, that is a very short Martha's Vineyard vacation.  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.20  Split Personality  replied to  bugsy @2.1.9    2 years ago
No one said Martha's Vineyard was unwelcoming to migrants, however, they have once again exposed the liberal hypocrisy by claiming they are a sanctuary city/state and that all migrants are welcome.

What an asinine comment.  The MV churches were all over these people within an hour with food, clothing and aid.

Fifty brown illegals sure did freak them the fuck out.

First of all they were a collection of white and mestizo Venezuelans, some as pale as any Caucasian Eruopean, others tan like SA or NA Indians.

Secondly, they have legal asylum status.  Do you really think the brave Governors of Texas or Florida would commit immigration crimes by providing transportation for undocumented individuals?

The only freaking the fuck out I see is right here in black and white.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.21  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.11    2 years ago

Perhaps the next bus should go to Chappaqua, NY, the Clintons, Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand live there.   It is in dire need of increased diversity with 79.1% White (Non-Hispanic), Asian,16.1%, Hispanic 2.1%, Black ?%.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.22  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.20    2 years ago
The MV churches were all over these people within an hour with food, clothing and aid.

The media never gives the atheist aid groups credit in stories like these. 

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.23  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.15    2 years ago

That is a complete mischaracterization of what went down. It was a cruel political stunt by Desantis that used immigrants as human pawns. There are jobs and housing and relatives awaiting most new refugees all across America. Tricking them into boarding busses and planes to Manhattan, DC and Martha's Vineyard is plainly reprehensible and obviously motivated by hate!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.23    2 years ago
There are jobs

Jobs they haven't applied for and may not be qualified for. Are they all approved to work legally in the US?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.25  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2.1.23    2 years ago

[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.23    2 years ago
There are jobs and housing and relatives awaiting most new refugees all across America.

Then why hasn't the Biden/Harris clown show taken them TO those places???

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.20    2 years ago
The only freaking the fuck out I see is right here in black and white.

Then apparently you have missed the news with blue-state-and-city officials whining about receiving a few hundred or thousand immigrants.

Hell, didn't sanctuary city mayor of DC declare a state of fucking emergency???????????????????

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.21    2 years ago
Perhaps the next bus should go to Chappaqua, NY, the Clintons, Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand live there.  

Maybe Hillary needs something wiped, like with a cloth or something?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.29  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @2.1.23    2 years ago
hat is a complete mischaracterization of what went down. I

It is exactly what down. 

Some of the the richest people in America, who bask  in their moral righteousness by offering so called sanctuary,  called up the national guard and bused them off the island ASAP.

Maybe if they were white Ukrainians they could have found room for them.  At least for longer than a weekend. 

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.30  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.25    2 years ago

That is exactly what local authorities in all those places are doing as quickly and efficiently as possible. All Americans with basic human decency are sympathetic to humans suffering...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.31  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2.1.30    2 years ago

It's long past time, they should thank Texas for helping them get off of their ass and to get busy.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.32  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.31    2 years ago

As if New York did not have immigrants coming in already?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.33  bugsy  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.20    2 years ago
The MV churches were all over these people within an hour with food, clothing and aid.

Then the same community booted them off the island within 48 hours

"First of all they were a collection of white and mestizo Venezuelans, some as pale as any Caucasian Eruopean, others tan like SA or NA Indians".

So what? In the white liberal enclave of Martha's Vineyard, the overwhelming language spoken is English. The white English speaking liberals probably freaked out that someone other than their hired help spoke a different language than them.

"Secondly, they have legal asylum status"

Sure they do because dumb fuck Biden gives everyone asylum status no matter where they came into the country from....a direct illegal action.

The governors of Florida and Texas did the right thing by booting these illegals out of their (my) states.

Here is a question for you SP....

How many of these "asylum seekers" have you accepted into your home?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.34  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2.1.32    2 years ago

Doesn’t NY state have an outmigration problem?  Aren’t you losing more people than you gain?  You should have lots of room for more migrants.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.35  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.34    2 years ago

No, that was a COVID phenomenon. NYC is booming, again!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.36  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2.1.35    2 years ago

COVID in 2019, hardly:

The Internal Revenue Service this week released more troubling data for New York , with the federal agency showing more high-earning taxpayers leaving the state.

Tracking returns filed in 2019 and 2020 showed that 479,826 people left New York for another state or country in those years. Over the same timeframe, just 231,439 people moved to the state. That means the state suffered a net loss of 248,387 residents.

According to data released by the bureau in December 2021, New York dropped below 20 million people between July 2020 and July 2021 , decreasing from 20.15 million to 19.84 million.

That’s a decline of 1.58%, which was the largest percentage loss for any state during that period. (New York also had the largest loss in raw numbers — 319,000 — although statisticians usually prefer to compare states by percentage losses, because some states, like New York, are much larger to start with.)

Sixteen other states lost population during that yearlong period. The states with losses closest to New York were Illinois, with a decline of 0.89%; Hawaii, with a decline of 0.71%; California, with a decline of 0.66%; and Louisiana, with a decline of 0.58%.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.37  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.36    2 years ago

Your info is already old. People are moving to NYC in droves. The average rental in Manhattan is now over $5,000 a month!

Gazoo
Junior Silent
2.1.38  Gazoo  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.29    2 years ago

Some of the the richest people in America, who bask  in their moral righteousness by offering so called sanctuary,  called up the national guard and bused them off the island ASAP.”

Those liberal elites really know how to take out the trash!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.39  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2.1.37    2 years ago

Rents are going up everywhere.  If my cited info is old, cite new info that proves that the state is gaining population.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.40  bugsy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.39    2 years ago

This article is only 2 months old

New York has had the second largest percentage of decrease in population, second only to San Francisco, which is another liberal cesspool.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.41  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.39    2 years ago

Then it must be the millions of immigrant foreigners who overstay their visas here who are not being counted because real estate professionals testify that the demand for housing is booming here which means people are moving back. Like they always do. New York City is The Capital of the World, as it should be!

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.42  bugsy  replied to  JBB @2.1.41    2 years ago
people are moving back.

Good!!!

We here in Florida are sick and tired of seeing those ugly ass orange and black license plates.

Good riddance.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.43  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @2.1.42    2 years ago

Florida is doing its best to ruin its reputation for friendliness.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.44  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2.1.41    2 years ago

I was writing of the state not the city and I see that you have nothing to cite again.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.45  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @2.1.43    2 years ago

Unlike NY state, COVID or no COVID,  Florida's population increased 11 out of the 11 years between year 2010 and year 2021. Between 2010 and 2021, the state grew by an average of 1.3% per year.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.46  bugsy  replied to  JBB @2.1.43    2 years ago
Florida is doing its best to ruin its reputation for friendliness.

Yea...ok

Take a look at 2.1.45 to see how wrong you are...

again

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.47  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @2.1.43    2 years ago

Only to the triggered.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.48  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.47    2 years ago

An article about controlling internet trolls triggered trolls?

Yes, I guess that was to be expected. Practically troll bait...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.49  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @2.1.48    2 years ago

The projection at work in that comment is egregious, outrageous and just plain sad ..... 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.50  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @2.1.23    2 years ago
"There are jobs and housing and relatives awaiting most new refugees all across America."
Simply not true

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.51  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.50    2 years ago

It is true and you can't claim ignorance because I just told you!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.52  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.51    2 years ago

So prove it and then explain why your hero Joe the Bumbler hasn't started transporting them TO those places you claim exist.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.53  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @2.1.51    2 years ago

[Deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.54  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.52    2 years ago

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.55  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.53    2 years ago

73% of the jobs in American agribusinesses are filled by non-citizen immigrant laborers. Those jobs are available now...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.56  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1.54    2 years ago

I asked you to prove something and you gave me THAT?

Give me a break!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    2 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JBB    2 years ago

The author proposes that social media which tolerates trolls and hateful racist, sexist and homophobic comments must be held responsible...

Such content motivates hate crimes against minority communities!

Misinformation and disinformation should not ever be encouraged.

Free expression is one thing but tolerance of hateful content and comments in our public arenas is harmful to society in general...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4    2 years ago
The author proposes that social media sites that tolerate trolls and hateful racist, sexist and homophobic comments are responsible..

Well, that is certainly the author's opinion.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @4    2 years ago
Such content motivates hate crimes against minority communities!

IS that like  tricking immigrants by claiming you offer sanctuary and then rounding up with the national guard and bussing them far away? 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @4    2 years ago
The author proposes that social media sites that tolerate trolls and hateful racist, sexist and homophobic comments are responsible...

Like the daily, prolific weekday rants, about trumpturds, impotent Repubs, right winger homosexual acts, etc. that can be seen here?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.3    2 years ago
Like the daily, prolific weekday rants, about trumpturds, impotent Repubs, right winger homosexual acts, etc. that can be seen here?

Hey, those often pass as 'wit' to a few folks.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.3    2 years ago

No, but it is revealing you conflate those things with hate speech.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.3.3  bugsy  replied to  JBB @4.3.2    2 years ago
but it is revealing you conflate those things with hate speech.

So because that speech is aimed at conservatives and republicans, you find it to be acceptable.

BTW...when are you going to list the posts you claim I made that were racist, misogynist?

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.4  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @4.3.3    2 years ago

Speech? Drinker is referring to some comments made by an individual member. Yes, she snipes about Trump and the gop the same as you pester and abuse Democrats. On the other hand, her comments are opposed to racism, sexism and the homophobic hate often seen in the comments left on social media sites. I cannot identity any comments you have made that amount to a bucket of spit or have any redeeming value.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.3.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @4.3.4    2 years ago
rinker is referring to some comments made by an individual memb

Given your and others posting history, why would you ever believe he's only referring to one poster?

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.6  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.3.5    2 years ago

Because 100% of the examples he sites were by one person.

See Comment Number Five below by the Drinker in the Wry...

Are you are so intent on dogging liberals you can't see that?

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.3.7  bugsy  replied to  JBB @4.3.4    2 years ago
the same as you pester and abuse Democrats.

Again......cite any post that I have made that are racist or misogynist or apologize for making the accusations and STFU.

I don't even have to research who made those comments because it is very easy to recognize. That person has never made a comment on here that furthers a debate....only snide comments and insults towards conservatives.

"her comments are opposed to racism, sexism and the homophobic hate often seen in the comments left on social media sites"

I'd be happy to send you PNs she has sent me to prove yo otherwise.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.8  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @4.3.7    2 years ago

Can you show even one non-hostile comment you made to her?

Or, to me...

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.3.9  bugsy  replied to  JBB @4.3.8    2 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.10  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @4.3.9    2 years ago

Then please do [kindly[deleted]This] is my seeded article which makes you my guest. You do not get to boss, troll and harass me here. Every single person reading this knows you have never been decent or made one non-hostile not angry comment to me or her.

Who in hell died and gave you the authority to make demands?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.3.11  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @4.3.10    2 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.12  Sparty On  replied to  Greg Jones @4.3.11    2 years ago

[Deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.13  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @4.3.11    2 years ago

I am not the topic. The topic here is about online trolls who propagate hate for the LGTBQ and others oppressed minority groups. You wouldn't want to be seen doing that. Would you?

Also, since this is my seed, please do link us to just one kind or even one remotely civil comment you have ever made to me...

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.14  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.12    2 years ago

How Original! [Deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.15  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @4.3.3    2 years ago

Perhaps you can entice Tessylo to explain herself to you...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.16  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @4.3.9    2 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.17  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4.3.15    2 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.18  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @4.3.15    2 years ago

[Deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.3.19  bugsy  replied to  JBB @4.3.10    2 years ago
Every single person reading this knows you have never been decent or made one non-hostile not angry comment to me or her.

Hilarious...

You claim the above, then post this to me...

"Then please do kindly [deleted]

Oh, the irony...

"Who in hell died and gave you the authority to make demands?"

Maybe you don't understand the concept of seeding an article. You seed the article, and if the article is bullshit, as this one is, then the seeder will receive criticism for the info in that article, or the article itself will be debunked, as this one has.

People have back and forth, sometime agreeing , most times not, but eventually everyone will move on.

Now, for the third time....

Produce a post I have made that has been racist, misogynist, or any of the other isms you claimed I have posted on here, or,.......

[DELETED, again, please read the CoC.]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.20  Sparty On  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.12    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.21  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3.16    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.22  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @4.3.15    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.23  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @4.3.6    2 years ago

[Deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.24  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @4.3.19    2 years ago

Yes, that is typical of how you treat all the liberal members...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.25  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @4.3.10    2 years ago

You are correct on every single comment you've made here jbb 100% on the spot correct

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.26  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @4.3.25    2 years ago

Lol

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.27  Sparty On  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.22    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.3.28  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.27    2 years ago

To everyone in this thread, stop with the personal meta and get on the topic. Only warning.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.3.29  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @4.3.9    2 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.30  seeder  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @4.3.23    2 years ago

How twisted is it to blame you, and me, for organized online hate and the trolling of minorities, immigrants and LGTBQ people?

Who knew not bowing down to Trump makes us responsible.

They can't help it. We made them do it. We justify their hate...

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.3.31  bugsy  replied to  JBB @4.3.30    2 years ago
We justify their hate...

You might want to take a look at the leftist breakdown over Pat Sajak posing with Marjorie Taylor Green. You might be able to change your belief in who is actually doing the hating online.

Also, I invite you to ask any black conservative what type of reception they received when they came out conservative.

The hate wasn't from conservatives.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.32  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.3.28    2 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.33  Sparty On  replied to  bugsy @4.3.31    2 years ago
The hate wasn't from conservatives.

As I said, haters gotta hate ...... always.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.34  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @4.3.31    2 years ago

Do leftist trolls spread hate for minorities, gays and immigrants?

This is not about me nor is it about you, unless you make it so...

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.35  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.33    2 years ago

Yes, you said that before. It was lame and trite the first time!

Do you deny online trolls spread hate towards LGTB people?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.36  Sparty On  replied to  JBB @4.3.35    2 years ago
Yes, you said that before.

Yes I did and it’s still true and unfortunately always will be.    Look no further than this thread for proof of that.

It was lame and trite the first time!

More empirical evidence to prove my point.

Do you deny online trolls spread hate towards LGTB people?

Nope.    Never have.    Some do.    Do you deny that the LGTB community also spreads hate and divisiveness towards the straight community?

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.3.37  bugsy  replied to  JBB @4.3.34    2 years ago
Do leftist trolls spread hate for minorities, gays and immigrants?

YES!!!

Like I said...

Take a good look at the online responses from verified blue check liberals after any of the three categories above come out as republican to escape the liberal plantation.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.38  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sparty On @4.3.36    2 years ago

Haters Gotta Hate...

It it brilliant when I say so too or only with irony, like you?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.39  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4.3.38    2 years ago
It it brilliant when I say so

Nope.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.40  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @4.3.37    2 years ago

I do not believe that is most, or even any, people's experience.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.41  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @4.3.40    2 years ago
I do not believe that is most, or even any, people's experience.

Whether you personally accept facts or not is irrelevant.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.42  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3.39    2 years ago

At least you are consistent. [Deleted]

And, for the last time, the topic is trolley trolls who troll...

JBB
Professor Principal
4.3.43  seeder  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3.41    2 years ago

Again, I'm not the topic, no matter how you try to make me so.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago
No, but it is revealing you conflate those things with hate speech.

Do you characterize this as love speech:

• God I'm tired of seeing both those ugly faces just about every day here!
  • Your deflection, projection and denial are fucking monumental.
  • Steaming pile of shit fits as does trumpturd when referring to #45.
  • I see one of the assholes flagged your comment.
  • They're a bunch of fucking selfish bastards.  Who doesn't want better for their children and other's children?  All they care about is ME, ME, ME just like their hero.
  • What a fucking MORON.
  • Just looking at the big fat ugly turd proves my second point.
  • Yup but I call them trumpturd enablers/supporters  But a turd by any other name . . .

Of course the really goods ones have been deleted.  Some of these were addressed to you but you had no issue with them.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5    2 years ago

Every single person reading this recognizes of whom you speak and knows you and a few others gang up on, bully and relentlessly troll that individual. Perhaps she is sometimes impolite in her responses, but nothing she says compared with the racist, homophobic, sexist and xenophobic hate speech and organized trolling being discussed.

If your personal animosity is what motivates your behavior and you don't want to be perceived as you are being perceived, that's on you.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.1  bugsy  replied to  JBB @5.1    2 years ago
compared with the racist, homophobic, sexist and xenophobic hate speech and organized trolling being discusse

How about showing some of what you claim and be specific in why you believe so...

Feelings don't count.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @5.1    2 years ago
Every single person reading this recognize of whom you speak

It's that distinctive?

you and a few others gang up on

When multiple folks here criticize my comments, are you and they "ganging" up on me?

Perhaps she is impolite sometimes in her responses

Perhaps? LoL Sometimes, no most times.

but nothing she says compared with the racist, homophobic, sexist and xenophobic hate speech and organized trolling being discussed.

She has grouped and spoken despairingly of white men, especially older, white men.  She has accused me of engaging in homosexual activity.  

If you can't discern it as trolling and hate speech, it must be your personal biases running away with you.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.3  seeder  JBB  replied to  bugsy @5.1.1    2 years ago

At least read the article. If you disagree tell everyone why?

As for personal examples, let us start with your comments.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.2    2 years ago

I can see why you take that so personally. What can I say?

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.5  bugsy  replied to  JBB @5.1.3    2 years ago
As for personal examples, let us start with your comments.

OK....Let's start. Show any of my comments that are what you claimed above.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @5.1.4    2 years ago
Personally

No, I though it illustrative of of your seed's summary:

• social media which tolerates trolls and hateful racist, sexist and homophobic comments must be held responsible...
  • Such content motivates hate crimes against minority communities!
  • Misinformation and disinformation should not ever be encouraged.
  • Free expression is one thing but tolerance of hateful content and comments in our public arenas is harmful to society in general...

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.7  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.6    2 years ago

Are you that fragile? Does the mean lady hurt your feelings?

It is amusing that prosperous white men identity as victims.

Have you been repressed like racial minorities and LGTBQ?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @5.1.7    2 years ago
Are you that fragile? Does the mean lady hurt your feelings?

No, no.

It is amusing that prosperous white men identity as victims

I haven’t done that, are you back in your fantasy land?

Have you been repressed like racial minorities and LGTBQ?

No silly, are you unable to see hate speech or trolling when issued by a self-identified progressive?

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.9  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.8    2 years ago

Sorry, but I am not qualified to address your personal issues 

In real life I try to avoid toxic bitter vindictive personalities...

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @5.1.9    2 years ago
Sorry, but I am not qualified to address your personal issues

What personal issues?  What are you qualified to address?

In real life I try to avoid toxic bitter vindictive personalities

Really, you asked her to stop replying to you?

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.11  seeder  JBB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.1.10    2 years ago

Normally I say to ask a friend. Don't you have a pastor or doctor?

What you revealed of yourself above is disjointed from all reality.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5.1.12  Gazoo  replied to  JBB @5.1.9    2 years ago

In real life I try to avoid toxic bitter vindictive personalities...”

Good idea, more than one of those in a group is usually a recipe for disaster.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @5.1.11    2 years ago
Normally I say to ask a friend. Don't you have a pastor or doctor?

Ask a friend about what? I have several doctors but no pastor as I’m an atheist.

What you revealed of yourself above is disjointed from all reality.

How so?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7  Sparty On    2 years ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1  Sparty On  replied to  Sparty On @7    2 years ago

[Deleted]

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8  sandy-2021492    2 years ago

This discussion has repeatedly devolved into slap fighting and is now locked.