╌>

Biden plays down human rights and talks of climate change with communist dictator Xi Jinping

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  128 comments

Biden plays down human rights and talks of climate change with communist dictator Xi Jinping
"I absolutely believe there's need not be a new Cold War," Biden said. "I've met many times with Xi Jinping and we were candid and clear with one another across the board. And I do not think there's any imminent attempt on the part of China to invade Taiwan."

It's all clear now. Our leader, Joe Biden met with Xi Jinping and looked into his eyes and got the assurance that we all needed:

"I absolutely believe there's need not be a new Cold War," Biden said. "I've met many times with Xi Jinping and we were candid and clear with one another across the board. And I do not think there's any imminent attempt on the part of China to invade Taiwan." 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-says-xi-meeting-doesnt-believe-imminent-attempt-china-invade-taiwan

Human rights were not mentioned. Biden feels that the US and China should work together on “climate changes” and “food insecurity.” Biden says both sides agreed and the details will be worked out by the appropriate people.

Hong Kong’s  South China Morning Post   reported  that the White House had denied that Xi and Biden would release a joint statement after their conversation.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy/article/3199565/xi-biden-meet-bali-each-leader-riding-high-home

There is simply no need for it. Biden went to china, sat down with Xi and is now assured that China will not invade Taiwan. It was only a month ago that Xi was granted an extension of his term by the Communist Party Congress. Notable at that event was China's former president Hu Jintao being violently dragged out of Great Hall of the People. Hu hasn'y been seen since. Biden congradulated Xi on his "reelection."  

"You were kind enough to call me to congratulate me, and I congratulate you as well."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/11/14/remarks-by-president-biden-and-president-xi-jinping-of-the-peoples-republic-of-china-before-bilateral-meeting/

What was missing from the discussion was any mention by Xi of climate change or the Chinese coronavirus pandemic, which began in Wuhan, China, in 2019.  There is now mounting evidence  by the U.S. State Department, indicating a potential accident at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which could have triggered the crisis.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/intelligence-on-sick-staff-at-wuhan-lab-fuels-debate-on-covid-19-origin-11621796228

It's was a great meeting....for China.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

This is what 80 Million Americans voted for!

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.1  afrayedknot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Leaving you in the minority.

Muster the bluster but it’s Custer’s Last Stand. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  afrayedknot @1.1    2 years ago
Leaving you in the minority.

Historian Edward Gibbon wrote about suddenly being in the minority.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  afrayedknot @1.1    2 years ago

[deleted]

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.1.3  afrayedknot  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.2    2 years ago

[comment removed for context]

More an acceptor of the reality of those that espouse true fascist tendencies, willingly and/or ignorantly. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Biden is being played by Xi like a fine tuned Stradavarius!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

"Notable at that event was China's former president Hu Jintao being violently dragged out of Great Hall of the People."

"violently being dragged out"?????

I watched on live TV as he was being gently helped out when obviously he appeared to be in distress.  You see, Vic, when I read bullshit statements like that, I consider that the whole story is just a piece of shit, which was posted for two reasons, to discredit Biden and to encourage hatred of China.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3    2 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3    2 years ago
Hu Jintao being violently dragged out of Great Hall of the People

He appeared to be in distress?  Is that the way you saw it?

Let people judge for themselves:

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.2    2 years ago

I can't open the video.  Maybe he had trouble walking.

"The two most likely reasons for his departure are that it was either part of China’s power politics on full display, with a leader representing a former time being symbolically removed, or that Hu Jintao has serious health problems."

We will never know the answer.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.3    2 years ago
We will never know the answer.

Because we may never see him again?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.4    2 years ago

Possibly.  These things happen in other countries as well, maybe even the USA, where a lot of people, including you I think, would like to never see Trump again.  However, being where I am, it does make me a little uncomfortable that China is so despised by Americans.  Oh well, I guess there's a reason for hatred.

OIP-C.mZKB3ZNhOC-2OjQVj3LJvQHaHa?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

Yoda expanded on that.

R-C.d600f16906cf977936c16c13fb9b38fe?rik=NwtAT6feBCSbLQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fquotespictures.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2014%2f07%2ffear-is-the-path-to-the-dark-side-fear-leads-to-anger-anger-leads-to-hate-hate-leads-to-suffering-yoda.jpg&ehk=pV1UfsazIzBtlZMbm%2bsGZ09g%2fG6fZXIxgl2V9ZaWCDE%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

I always knew that fear begets hate.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.5    2 years ago

You are a good man, Buzz.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.6    2 years ago

"I try."  (Victor Laszlo, played by Paul Henreid, in Casablanca)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.7    2 years ago

I have no interest in arguing with you on this issue.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3.9  Greg Jones  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3    2 years ago
"I watched on live TV as he was being gently helped out when obviously he appeared to be in distress." 
Total bullshit Buzz! He was distressed at being forcibly removed against his will. Deleted

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3.10  Greg Jones  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.5    2 years ago

It's not the country or it's people Buzz, it's the despotic leadership we despise

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.3.11  Jasper2529  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3    2 years ago
I watched on live TV as he was being gently helped out when obviously he appeared to be in distress.

"Gently helped"? I don't know what the CCP allowed you to watch, but it wasn't what the free world saw. Hu Jintao wasn't allowed to keep his folder, and all of the men at the table didn't (couldn't?) look at him as two of Xi's men hoisted a reluctant Hu Jintao out of his chair. BTW ... Hu Jintao didn't have any trouble walking.  

I don't know if you're allowed to watch BBC videos via You Tube, but here's one that showed everything that happened when media were allowed to enter. Maybe you can find it on BBC. I've included the BBC's commentary so you can, at least, read that. If you'd like to read comments, I'll copy/paste them in a PM.

China’s former leader Hu Jintao was led out of the Communist Party congress in Beijing, shortly after reporters were allowed in. The unexpected moment led to intense speculation. Chinese state media reported that Hu Jintao "was not feeling well" during the session and was taken to a meeting room "for a rest". Some have questioned this explanation.

So, the CCP told its citizens and residents that Hu Jintao wasn't "feeling well". ROFL!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.12  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.3.11    2 years ago

Since this topic came up I have done some research on the issue and I agree that he was removed from the scene against his will.  The reason I responded to it was that although I had watched the scenario actually happening in real time, I did not remember his being "violently dragged out" and that incendiary language may have triggered my resistance to remembering what actually had happened.  Therefore I repeat, yes, I believe he was removed against his will, and personally I think it was because the powers that be there believed he was going to make a disruptive scene, but he was not "violently dragged out".  That language was unnecessary and intentionally incendiary. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.13  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.2    2 years ago

For someone allegedly in distress, Xi showed absolutely no concern or empathy for his esteemed predecessor and barely even looked at him as he was removed from the chamber.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3.13    2 years ago

I'd hate to be depending on Xi to save my life.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.12    2 years ago

Perhaps it went too far. Either way, I think we've seen the last of Hu.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.3.16  Ronin2  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.2    2 years ago

He was distressed all right.

He was distressed at why he was being forced to leave. 

He was distressed why no one was standing up to help him resist.

He was distressed because very few even bothered to look at him; and those that did were more in amusement.

He was distressed because he knows what happens to those that are forced to leave. Look for announcement of his tragic death due to some ailment very soon. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.17  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ronin2 @1.3.16    2 years ago

And he'll probably be remembered as a "conspiracy theorist."

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.18  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ronin2 @1.3.16    2 years ago

Not only his tragic death, but one of natural causes no less.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.19  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.15    2 years ago

I assume you meant the language in the article went too far, but it helps to build the attitude of many to despise China, so it has a purpose. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.20  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.19    2 years ago

That attitude has been built by China since the end of WWII. Perhaps we should have helped Chiang Kai-shek?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.21  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.20    2 years ago
"Perhaps we should have helped Chiang Kai-shek?"

LOL   Well you're sure as hell doing your best to make up for that now, don't you think?

If this site is any indication, Americans are really on a hate China trip. Well as I posted in the memes above, fear begets hatred, so why are Americans so scared of China?  Is your government so insecure that it's shitting its pants thinking that China is going to surpass the USA to become the number one nation?  The American government is doing anything and everything it possibly can to contain China, to prevent it from developing.  Does the whole world really have to be just like the USA?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.22  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.3.21    2 years ago
Well you're sure as hell doing your best to make up for that now, don't you think?

How can we make up for it now? We lat them have nuclear weapons.

Well as I posted in the memes above, fear begets hatred, so why are Americans so scared of China? 

I guess some of us care about actions rather than just words.

Is your government so insecure that it's shitting its pants thinking that China is going to surpass the USA to become the number one nation? 

Some might argue that they already have.

The American government is doing anything and everything it possibly can to contain China, to prevent it from developing.

I wouldn't say that Biden has done much in that area.

Does the whole world really have to be just like the USA?

They better if they care about freedom.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.23  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.14    2 years ago

Same here. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.24  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3.23    2 years ago

He won't be replacing Mother Teresa anytime soon!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.25  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.24    2 years ago

Got that right!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.26  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ronin2 @1.3.16    2 years ago

I'm impressed, doctor, by your ability to diagnose from the other side of the world, and to provide a prognosis.  You should patent your method.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.3.27  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.22    2 years ago
"Does the whole world really have to be just like the USA?
They better if they care about freedom."

I wouldn't brag about the kind of showing your "democracy" has displayed to the world over the past while.  I doubt that most nations would want to emulate it. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.28  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Greg Jones @1.3.10    2 years ago

Sadly, per the overt and active promotion of the CCP, mainland China is also one the most of not the most xenophobic/racist countries on Earth.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 years ago
And I do not think there's any imminent attempt on the part of China to invade Taiwan." 

Coming from the idiot who thinks inflation is Putin's fault and the southern border is secure.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago

On his last foreign trip he thanked Columbia for hosting the Association of Southeast Asian nations in Cambodia.

I'm sure Xi was happy. They got the man they wanted in the WH.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago
They got the man they wanted in the WH.

I'm sure Putin and Kim, Jong un is happy about that as well.  Weakened military, foreign policy, He made it easy for a lot of things to happen that aren't to our benefit.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.1    2 years ago

And our media will frame the narrative to benefit Biden, no matter what happens.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    2 years ago

And they don't get that they are just as culpable.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1.3    2 years ago

Oh yes....Biden and Xi have a lot in common.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago
"I'm sure Xi was happy. They got the man they wanted in the WH."

Why would Xi be happy?  Not only has Biden kept Trump's trade war going but he has added to it.  Biden's administration has done much more to incite the Taiwan issue than Trump and his administration had notwithstanding Biden's ridiculous continuing to say he is complying with the “one China” policy guided by the Taiwan Relations Act, the Three Joint Communiques"  while at the same time also saying the contrary statement that America would defend Taiwan and sailing American warships through the Taiwan Straits.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  arkpdx  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

The Biden family, a wholy owned subsidiary of PRC, Xi Jinping, chairman. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.5    2 years ago
Why would Xi be happy?

Because Biden is soft on China. Biden also got rid of a planned Trump policicy that would have forced American universities to reveal cooperation with chapters of the Confucius Institute. Biden also ended Trump's DOJ policy known as "The China initiative," which was an effort to disrupt China's covert activities in the U.S.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  arkpdx @2.1.6    2 years ago

Yes

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.9  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.7    2 years ago

I don't think Biden is "soft" on China,  Maybe he's less confrontational than Trump was, but concerning the things he's said and done I really don't think that's being "soft".  You could call him "soft" if he cancelled the tariffs, allowed free trade in accordance with the WTO rules (which means not banning premium chip sales to China, as an example), and stop lying about "slave labour" in Xinjiang (coming out of the hypocritical mouth of a President whose nation permits slave labour in prisons and as perpetrated on migrants on farms and maintains Guatanamo Bay.  Everyone has their warts, Vic.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.9    2 years ago

Ok, Buzz

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  Jasper2529  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.9    2 years ago
and stop lying about "slave labour" in Xinjiang

I understand that, due to where you live, citizens and residents are not allowed to read facts that have been published about the Uyghurs from sources like AP, Washington Post, NY Times, et al. If you're able to access Wikipedia, those sources are cited in the following article in the Human rights abuses section:

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.12  Jasper2529  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.9    2 years ago
I don't think Biden is "soft" on China,  Maybe he's less confrontational than Trump was, but concerning the things he's said and done I really don't think that's being "soft". 

Biden is extremely soft on China, and Xi knows it. Thanks to the evidence found on his son's "laptop from hell" that Twitter, Facebook, and left-wing media suppressed prior to his election but has since been exposed, we now know that Biden and his family made millions of dollars in illicit dealings with China (and other countries) while Biden was vice-president. Joe Biden is, basically, Xi's puppet and has to do whatever Xi tells him to do. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.1.13  arkpdx  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.12    2 years ago

See 2.1.6

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.14  Jasper2529  replied to  arkpdx @2.1.13    2 years ago

Yes.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.8    2 years ago

No

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1.16  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.8    2 years ago

That is a definite yes. The proof is there for anyone willing to open their eyes.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.17  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.11    2 years ago

Well, Jasper, Wikipedia is blocked here and I assume from the fact that you want me to read it I can understand why.  I don't know the truth, but I also know there is no proof.  And I do know that the biggest mouth about genocide is Adrian Zenz, a rabid anti-Communist super-Christian, that even Pompeo quoted about it so in that regard I just might question that original propagandist.  Maybe the Greyzone is more accurate. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.18  Greg Jones  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.17    2 years ago

Why is Wikipedia and many other sites blocked in China?

Have the Chinese people been told the truth about the origins of Covid?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.19  Jasper2529  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.18    2 years ago
Have the Chinese people been told the truth about the origins of Covid?

Since the CDC, NIH/NIAID, WHO, MSM, and Biden Administration are still trying to deny the true origin of the Covid pandemic in order to protect Communist China, I highly doubt that the CCP allows its citizens and legal residents to know the truth. From what I can tell, people who live in China are even cut off from Wikipedia, YouTube, and other "dangerous" sites.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    2 years ago

Let's not forget looking for and calling out to dead people and asking if they are there at a press conference.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.2    2 years ago

Or getting the location of where his own child died wrong.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.2.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.1    2 years ago

Yep, that too.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.2.2    2 years ago

Or asking a man to "stand up" even though the man is paralyzed and in a wheelchair. The list goes on ... and on ... and on.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

We were warned decades ago by a lone voice:

"Our biggest long-term challenge will be China....The Clinton administration, like the Bush administration, follows a policy of "constructive engagement" with China. When China disappoints expectations and ignores lofty lectures, we issue a few condemnations, hammer out some meaningless resolution at the UN (if we can get it by China's UN delegation), and call upon them to comport themselves like citizens of the community of nations. Then we get back down to business as if nothing happened. How's this policy working? It isn't."

"Guess who said this?   Well, that was Donald Trump."

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4  Jasper2529    2 years ago
It's was a great meeting....for China.

It certainly was. My takeaways:

• Biden obsessing about climate change while China builds coal plants and controls our antibiotics and lithium batteries.
  • No mention of Covid origin in Wuhan lab.
  • No mention of Chinese-manufactured Fentanyl which murders 300 Americans per day.
  • No mention of forced labor and genocide of the Uyghurs.

Another striking moment was their body language. Xi showed strength by making old man Biden walk all the way across the stage with his hand outstretched. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @4    2 years ago
Xi showed strength by making old man Biden walk all the way across the stage with his hand outstretched.

I'm sure Biden walked off the stage in the same way.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago

We've seen him doing that.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.1.1    2 years ago

That's not even the worst of it. After a meeting with Xi, Biden says his biggest fear is a misunderstanding between the two countries!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    2 years ago

Trump should call Xi Big Rocket Man and then they can exchange love letters and all will be right with the world again. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    2 years ago
call Xi Big Rocket Man

I think you have your wires crossed, but Xi did fear Trump as did every other evil regime.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    2 years ago

Their meeting lasted for 3-1/2 hours. Other than "climate change", what the heck did they talk about for all that time since Biden was too afraid to discuss all of the important issues I listed in comment 4

If Biden was really concerned about climate change, he (and the rest of the G20) could have exponentially reduced carbon footprints by doing a Zoom call like they all made us do for over 2 long Covid years. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.6  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    2 years ago

At least this time, he didn't say Where am I going? ... or ... What am I doing here?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.1.5    2 years ago

I don't know if we'll ever find out what they talked about. There is no Vindman for the rest of us.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.1.6    2 years ago

And he didn't have to apologize to Cambodia or his wife.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.9  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.7    2 years ago

So, what did Trump and Putin talk about?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @4.1.9    2 years ago

Evidently it must have been Putin staying out of the Ukraine.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.10    2 years ago
Evidently it must have been Putin staying out of the Ukraine.

Good one!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.12  Jasper2529  replied to  JBB @4.1.9    2 years ago
So, what did Trump and Putin talk about?

What an odd, irrelevant question, JBB. Perhaps it was meant to be deflective, because this article's topic is about Biden meeting with Xi in November 2022. Trump hasn't been POTUS for almost 2 years. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.13  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.4    2 years ago
but Xi did fear Trump as did every other evil regime.

Kim Jong Un didnt. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.13    2 years ago

He obviously did.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.14    2 years ago

Can we trust a man who's son took millions from China?

RjoX2mcL?format=jpg&name=small

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.1.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.15    2 years ago

I don't.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.17  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.15    2 years ago

Ouch.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.18  arkpdx  replied to  JBB @4.1.9    2 years ago

What did Obama have to get Putin's permission to delay?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
4.1.19  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.15    2 years ago

Ivanka’s Trademark Requests Were Fast-Tracked In China After Trump Was Elected 

Jared and Ivanka made up to $640 million in the White House 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.20  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.4    2 years ago

No one fears trumpturd.  Give me a break.  He's in love with evil dictators.  He's a wannabe dictator.  jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Fear him puhlease

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.21  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.1.6    2 years ago

It just took a while for Xi to give Biden his marching orders!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.2  Ronin2  replied to  Jasper2529 @4    2 years ago

Love the look on Xi's face. "Let go of my hand Brandon!" Brandon with his vacant stare and big joker grin was completely oblivious.

It definitely was not a meeting among equals. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Ronin2 @4.2    2 years ago
Brandon with his vacant stare and big joker grin was completely oblivious.

Don't be too hard on him. He doesn't get out very much because Jill and his other handlers keep him in safe spaces.

315640763_10228322553798521_686443712452760263_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=fh8gqgsbaqAAX-KeMTR&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=00_AfB7hPEK0DtKjKvs2HD1nIhK99Wu4jd2r1m1XxmXrYFsXA&oe=63787114

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jasper2529 @4    2 years ago

Lots of vicious rumours, without proof.  But we both know why, eh?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.3.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.3    2 years ago
Lots of vicious rumours, without proof. 

No.

But we both know why, eh?

No.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.3.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.3.1    2 years ago

I posted my opinion why in two memes above.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.4  arkpdx  replied to  Jasper2529 @4    2 years ago

At least someone was there to shake hands with this time. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.4.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  arkpdx @4.4    2 years ago

And a live one at that!

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    2 years ago

Much ado about nothing...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @5    2 years ago

As Xi might say...We have nothing to worry about!

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 years ago

Says the people that wear made in China maga merchandise.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @5.1.1    2 years ago

Don't get personal. You don't know what I wear. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  Ronin2  replied to  Ender @5.1.1    2 years ago

Says the people that will excuse anything Brandon the human fuck up machine and Fascist Democrats say and do.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Ender  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.3    2 years ago

Did someone learn a new word?

Seems to be all you can say.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
5.1.5  Ronin2  replied to  Ender @5.1.4    2 years ago

It is what it is.

Don't like it; then don't support them.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Ender  replied to  Ronin2 @5.1.5    2 years ago

It only is what it is in your mind....

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.1.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ender @5.1.1    2 years ago

Do you avoid Chinese manufacturing?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    2 years ago
"I've met many times with Xi Jinping and we were candid and clear with one another across the board.

What makes him think Xi was “candid and clear” with him? I have no doubt that Biden said whatever was on his mind. The guy has never had a filter. But from what I can see, Xi is one of the most powerful and prolific liars on Earth. I wouldn’t believe him if he said the sun came up in the East.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tacos! @6    2 years ago

LOL.  The sun DOESN'T "come up in the East", the Earth revolves.   Gotchya!

squiggy
Junior Silent
7  squiggy    2 years ago

Human rights were not mentioned.

"As reporters were ushered out of the room, a TV producer called out a question asking if Biden would raise the issue of human rights in China. A man from the Chinese side then pulled the producer backwards, causing her to lose her balance."

Looks like the new gal brought it up.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  squiggy @7    2 years ago
"Human rights were not mentioned."

Actually, it's a good thing, because maybe Xi would have talked about America's human rights record, including a half-million or so (and increasing) homeless people, or America's highest rate of incarceration in the world where in many cases prisoners are subject to forced labour, or racial and religious prejudice, or about separating migrant children from their parents and putting them into cages like animals, or the human rights of the victims and their grieving families of unbelievably massive gun violence, etc. etc. etc. 

As I said above, every nation has its warts and maybe shouldn't throw stones at others.. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1    2 years ago
, because maybe Xi would have talked about America's human rights reco

Of course, of course.  Hitler did the same thing.  But I guess Winnie the Pooh was too busy publicly dressing down Justin Trudeau to bother attacking someone who wouldn't remember what happened tomorrow anyway. 

very nation has its warts and maybe shouldn't throw stones at others.

So in your view, since every country has warts, it would have been wrong for any other country to criticize Nazi Germany. Or someone who jaywalked once has no right to criticize a mass murderer. They both broke the law!

You should look up the moral equivalence fallacy. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.1    2 years ago

It's uncanny that you consistently bring up Hitler.  Your comments indicate a kind of fixation about him. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
7.1.3  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.2    2 years ago

Arvo Buzz.. just as a matter of interest..does China have any homeless people??

Every country around the world does, so just interested to know what is the situation over there...

Gazoo
Junior Silent
7.1.4  Gazoo  replied to  shona1 @7.1.3    2 years ago

[deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.2    2 years ago
anny that you consistently bring up Hitler.

Only to people who adopt his argument style. 

The "America's not perfect so how can they criticize anyone" line is straight out of Nazi playbook.  you can look it up. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @7.1.3    2 years ago

It took 10 years but China has eradicated abject poverty.  I have never seen a person begging here.  Virtually every family has a decent roof over their heads, good food on the table, free education for their kids to high school graduation and adequate health care.  Keep in mind that tradition here is ancient, and families are cohesive - people are more concerned about their families and others than they are about themselves.  In many countries the economy is more important than the good of the people, but in China the good of the people is more important than the economy.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.1.5    2 years ago

Well thank you.  You cannot deny that Hitler was an effective orator.  Maybe I should grow a little moustache.  

I didn't know that it was the Nazis who created the expression "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."  

GregTx
PhD Guide
7.1.8  GregTx  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.6    2 years ago

How is "abject poverty" defined in China?

shona1
PhD Quiet
7.1.9  shona1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.6    2 years ago

Yesss but that depends on their interpretation of poverty...by our standards many are still living in it.

Especially out in the rural areas where they do it bloody tough. Many parents leave their kids behind to live with the grand parents so they can go and seek work in the cities...the elderly are really struggling in tiny villages and many still don't have reliable power or running water...

Saw an excellent documentary here a couple years back made by a Chinese crew was shown on SBS here..will try and find it.

Now back to homeless people. So there are no people living in the streets, door ways or under bridges in the huge cities over there?Every single person in China has a roof over their heads?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  GregTx @7.1.8    2 years ago

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.11  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  shona1 @7.1.9    2 years ago

As I've said, except for the photo I took below more than a decade ago of a man who was resting beside his cart during lunch time, and as you can see he is a working man, I have never seen anyone sleeping on the streets, in doorways but I must admit I've never looked under a bridge.  That man collects cardboard and sells it to a recycling company, and he makes an adequate living doing so.  Even my wife bundles up our cardboard and sells it.  I believe China has eradicated abject poverty.  I posted an explanation of abject poverty as a link in my reply to GregTx.

I think you will find this helpful - the United Nations has commended China on its eradication of abject poverty.

China's elimination of abject poverty went a long way towards ending poverty worldwide , which is one of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), said Beate Trankmann, UNDP resident representative in China, in a recent interview.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.1.12  arkpdx  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.11    2 years ago
he makes an adequate living doing so.

Obviously he doesn't or he would not have to sleep out like that 

GregTx
PhD Guide
7.1.13  GregTx  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.10    2 years ago

So China uses the UN definition of abject poverty? No national standards?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.14  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  arkpdx @7.1.12    2 years ago

LOL.  Obviously you've never been to China.  Did you expect him to check into the InterContinental Hotel for an hour's nap after lunch?  His home is probably a fair distance away.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1.15  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  GregTx @7.1.13    2 years ago

Greg, I have no idea.  It's as easy for you to find out as it is for me so go to it. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.16  Sean Treacy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1.7    2 years ago
[deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
9  Drinker of the Wry    2 years ago

For decades now, US presidents pursued China with the thought that economic and cultural ties would lead to a shift toward a Western-style democratic system.

In the last few years, the US has ramped up pressure on China across economic, diplomatic and military fronts that started with Trump and continued under Biden. 

squiggy
Junior Silent
9.1  squiggy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @9    2 years ago

There's be no more of that shit.

tiananmen_square_tank-gettyimages-517198274.jpg

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  squiggy @9.1    2 years ago

Yep, nothing like enjoying history. 

Rubin-Stacy-body-tree-Florida-Fort-Lauderdale-July-19-1935.jpg

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
9.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @9.1.1    2 years ago

Where did that occur? The despicable, atrocious practice of lynching Black people occurred in many countries other than the US for many centuries - England, Mexico, Brazil, S. Africa, Bolivia, Dominican Republic, Haiti, to name a few. Asians have been lynched as recently as the 1990s in Asian countries.

Did you know that white people were lynched as recently as 1933? Here's a Getty Image/Library of Congress photo of two white men in San Jose, CA.

two-lynching-victims-hanging-from-a-tree.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&k=20&c=pa6CSiRl1PD10hiH53NkHiTd-oCYOZIZdCEbmnFxA8Q=

There is good history and bad history. Our students must learn all of it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jasper2529 @9.1.2    2 years ago

I got the image from Microsoft Bing, but the caption only indicated Encyclopedia Britannica.  However here is another image where the caption was "Marion, Indiana (1930)".   Another image indicated that there were 4000 unsolved lynchings in the USA, and I would be willing to bet the in most of them the victims were black. 

1547739360-3749-ion--Indiana-Lynchings--1930-768x409.jpg

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
10  Jasper2529    2 years ago
I got the image from Microsoft Bing, but the caption only indicated Encyclopedia Britannica.  However here is another image where the caption was "Marion, Indiana (1930)". 

Your image looks like it's from another time/location, as you said.

For over a decade, I've used DuckDuckGo as my search engine, and I highly recommend it, because it offers far more privacy, security, accuracy, and options than others.

Here are two articles about the San Jose (1933) lynching. You'll find the photo that I posted in comment 9.1.2 in the first one. Both mentioned that the men were stripped of clothing, which aligns with the Getty/Library of Congress image I posted.     

The main point I was making in 9.1.2 was that white people were also lynched in the US.