╌>

The land of the woke

Category:  Op/Ed

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  178 comments

The land of the woke
“It looked like an airplane wreck – so many bodies scattered everywhere in different states of injury,” said Villanueva of the scene. “It was pretty traumatic for all individuals.”

There is an underreported story unfolding in the city. The incident happened Wednesday!   Details have been few and disclosure has been at a snail's pace.

Here is the story from Fox yesterday:

"More than 20 law enforcement recruits have been injured, at least five critically, after a driver plowed into them while out on a morning run in California  on Wednesday.

The recruits have been rushed to hospitals, and authorities have detained a suspect believed to be the driver of the vehicle,  according to Fox 11.  The California Highway Patrol says the incident took place at roughly 6:30 a.m. local time.

The L.A. County Fire Department says five individuals had critical injuries, four had moderate injuries and another 14 had minor injuries."

Authorities have yet to release further details on the incident."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/more-than-20-police-recruits-injured-driver-plows-group-morning-run

And this from CNN today:

CNN  — 

"The man who was arrested for allegedly driving a vehicle into a group of law enforcement recruits in Whittier, California, was released from jail Thursday night, but the sheriff’s department insists they did not make a mistake.

Nicholas Joseph Gutierrez, 22, was released from custody at 9:49 p.m., according to jail records, citing an insufficient complaint.

Gutierrez is still considered a suspect in the case, and the decision to release him was made because investigators want more time to collect evidence to present to the District Attorney’s office for charges, not because they believe an error was made, said a spokesperson for the  Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department ."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/17/us/car-hits-los-angeles-sheriffs-deputies-investigation-thursday/index.html

Five cadets are fighting for their lives.

The suspect is walking free today!

Originally the story was that this was an accident?

How could there be such confusion?

How could the investigators be so confused?  They missed a 48 hour dedline in filing charges.

Why has this incident, which is an attack on police cadets on Wednesday, been so underrepoted?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

The blood is on the hands of the left, who have demonized the police.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

[deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to    2 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

[deleted]

Hallux
PhD Principal
1.2  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

No kidding, demonizing the FBI, IRS, Capitol Police etc. is far more important. Sorta like going after Hunter (4 years and counting) is fixing the economy. Drool!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @1.2    2 years ago

The FBI and IRS weren't demonized nor where they murdered by the brainwashed.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.2.2  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.1    2 years ago
The FBI and IRS weren't demonized nor where they murdered by the brainwashed.

Noooo.. no one on the right has ever said anything bad about the FBI or IRS. /s

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @1.2.2    2 years ago

They earned their reputations.

Don't ever compare them with local law enforcement.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.3    2 years ago

He can compare them to whoever he wants.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.5  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.4    2 years ago

And he, like you, are always wrong.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @1.2.5    2 years ago
And he, like you, are always wrong.

Some people only have deflection, denial and projection.

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
1.2.7  Duck Hawk  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.3    2 years ago

How is local law enforcement not corrupt? what about the State level of investigations are they corrupt? It's usually the LOCAL Law Enforcement that gets investigated/charged with the majority of crimes and Civil Right violations. Have you heard about the sheriffs in GA?

sorry I couldn't post the link. (Lol I need to stop lurking and learn how to post properly. jrSmiley_34_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Duck Hawk @1.2.7    2 years ago

The local cops risk their lves on a daily basis. Never compare the top brass ideologues over at the FBI with them.

The FBI is part of the unelected federal bureaucracy

CB
Professor Principal
1.2.9  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.8    2 years ago

That comment is toxic! Just divide people like a gerry-mandered map for elections, is that the mind of conservatives? There is something wrong with that! Stinkin-thinkin!

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

What about the right who attacked us on Jan 6? 

[deleted] everyone demonizes us when it convenient for them, and assholes [deleted] who pretend to have our backs don’t help considering you are more than happy to draw your knife as soon as we hold someone you like accountable. 

Far as I am concerned none of you all can be trusted, the only ones who have an LEOs back are other LEOs.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    2 years ago

Then blood is on the hands of the right for the shooting in Colorado at Club Q who have demonized the LGBTQ community.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4    2 years ago

So said Nancy Pelosi before the bodies even turned cold.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.2  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.1    2 years ago

You can't have it both ways.  If you accuse the left of demonizing the police and for this incident, you have accuse the right of demonizing the LGBTQ community for that incident, so Nancy must be correct because that's what the right does to the LGBTQ community, and you can't condemn her for it since you are doing the same thing she is doing.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.2    2 years ago

No.

If you can't see the difference, I don't think I can help you.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.4  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.3    2 years ago

There is no difference.  Your side demonizes the LGBTQ Community constantly, and then a shooting happens at a LGBTQ bar and you throw your hands up in the air and say "it's not our fault", yet you blame the other side for something like this happening.  You can feign ignorance about your side demonizing the LGBTQ community while blaming the left for allegedly demonizing the police. 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
1.4.5  afrayedknot  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.2    2 years ago

“You can't have it both ways.”

As we continually lower the bar with buzzwords in lieu of addressing the difficult issues that require actual thought.  Words like  ‘defund’, ‘woke’, ‘grooming’, et.al. are factually void and intellectually vapid. And worse, uttered in the ugly, partisan intent to incite and divide. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.4    2 years ago
Your side demonizes the LGBTQ Community constantly

That's a blatant lie

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  afrayedknot @1.4.5    2 years ago

But those are the left's own words!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.8  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4    2 years ago
Then blood is on the hands of the right for the shooting in Colorado at Club Q who have demonized the LGBTQ community. 

Ridiculous bullshit.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.9  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.6    2 years ago

No it's not a lie.  You're side has been demonizing the LGBTQ community constantly.  If you can't see that, then you're blind.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.10  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.9    2 years ago

And as for whatever Texan has to say, I don't care because I have him blocked.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.9    2 years ago

Bullshit

PROVE IT

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.12  Texan1211  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.10    2 years ago
And as for whatever Texan has to say, I don't care because I have him blocked.  

Good!

I wonder why people feel the need to make such announcements?

To let people know they will block that which they disagree with?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.13  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.11    2 years ago

He/she can't.

According to some, if you haven't jumped on the alphabet train, then you are demonizing them.

It is crap of course.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.14  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.11    2 years ago

So, the right accusing the LGBTQ community of being "groomers" isn't demonizing them?  Get out of here with your bullshit.  The right has been demonizing the LGBTQ community for decades.  I would know since I am a part of it.  You don't get to dictate to me my experience with right wingers.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.15  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.13    2 years ago

Let us clearly correct that idea right now:

The fact that we don't go along with what someone wants does not equate to demonization.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.16  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.15    2 years ago
The fact that we don't go along with what someone wants does not equate to demonization.

Definitely true for rational humans.

We aren't dealing with those types, however.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.17  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.11    2 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.18  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.17    2 years ago

All of those sites tied to the same story.

I've never heard of "grooming." 

Assuming that certain people on social media (are they bots?) have used that term, how does that relate to me and Conservatives or Republicans in general?

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.19  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.18    2 years ago

You asked for proof. I supplied it. Now you're trying to move the goal post. Conservatives are demonizing LGBTQ people while you keep pretending you don't know what your side is doing. Pathetic.  

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.20  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.1    2 years ago

May conservatives garner all inconsideration and disaffection for others they put send out!

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.21  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.6    2 years ago
1.2.38   Vic Eldred   replied to  TᵢG @ 1.2.37     4 days ago
[TiG:] Today, in our society, same-sex marriage is generally accepted whereas polygamy is generally not accepted. 
[Vic Eldred:] That's not how the law works. Society once only accepted Marriage as involving a man and a woman. Under the same reasoning that the right was extended to Gays, it was extented (sic) to a Polygamist and many other interesting relationships.

There is your proof of demonizing cloaked in a lie. What polygamist and "many other interesting relationships" are marrying in our culture?

By the way, what is this "once only accepted. . . " remark supposed to mean to the larger scheme of discussion? Are you such a traditionalist that "once only accepted marriages. . . "  ae all that you can allow? And demonizing and downplaying all other acceptable marriages flow from this?!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.22  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.19    2 years ago

You didn't support your claim. You said the right has demonized gays.

You have yet to prove it.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.23  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.22    2 years ago

Bullshit. I did prove it. [deleted

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.24  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @1.4.21    2 years ago
What polygamist and "many other interesting relationships" are marrying in our culture?

Not any that I know of. Yet if there was such an interest, they would have the same right, by the same standard, that was granted to others.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.25  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.24    2 years ago

That makes no sense.  Not the same standard at all.  Having multiple wives and being married to the same sex.  Not the same standard or thing at all.  No many how many times you repeat it.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.26  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.4.25    2 years ago
Not the same standard at all.

The Marriage standard was 1 man and 1 woman. Once we destroyed that standard, the door is wide open.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.27  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.22    2 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.28  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.27    2 years ago

QAnon is not representative of Conservatives. It is a tiny radical group. I doubt that more than 10% of the coutry have every heard of them.

Gays today are a protected group.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.29  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.28    2 years ago

Q-Anon are not the only conservatives demonizing the LGBTQ Community.  All manner of conservatives are.  As for "gays today are a protected group", Conservatives want to take away protections the LGBTQ community has.     

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.4.30  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.29    2 years ago

What protections would those be?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.31  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.29    2 years ago
Q-Anon are not the only conservatives

They are NOT Conservatives. They are a crazy cult.

There are people with or without any political persuasions who are prejudiced against gay people. The good news is that they represent a tiny minority of the population.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.32  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.31    2 years ago

They are conservatives whether or not you believe they are a crazy cult.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.33  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.32    2 years ago

Nope. They are quacks

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.34  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.33    2 years ago

They vote conservative so they are conservatives whether you like it or not.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.35  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.34    2 years ago

Still doesn't work. I could just as easily say that BLM, antifa and the Black Panthers vote for democrats, but that doesn't make the democratic party a bunch of white hating killers, does it?

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.36  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.35    2 years ago
"Still doesn't work. I could just as easily say that BLM, antifa and the Black Panthers vote for democrats, but that doesn't make the democratic party a bunch of white hating killers, does it?" 

Actually, a lot of conservatives believe it does.  I've been called a white hater even though I'm white.  I've also been called a self-loathing white person.  Again, you don't get to dictate my experiences with conservatives. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.37  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.36    2 years ago

And you don't get to characterize haters. There are people on all sides that hate. The 2020 riots should have demonstrated that.

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.38  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.37    2 years ago

I denounced the 2020 riots as have most democrats, and I have every right to characterize haters when that hate is directed at me by conservatives.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.39  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @1.4.38    2 years ago

Why would they hate you?

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
1.4.40  Wishful_thinkin  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.39    2 years ago

Because I am an outspoken member of the LBGTQ community in a very conservative area. I've even been called a "transformer" by some because they think I'm transgender (I'm not), among other disgusting comments.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.41  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.26    2 years ago

Nonsense.  The door is not wide open.  Nothing was destroyed.  You need to expand your standards - not narrow them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.4.42  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.28    2 years ago

OIP.txfQLhhTgTbHEcTVwIUTvgHaE8?w=288&h=187&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

7d0e0a10-24fd-11eb-aef7-1653ebed6660

q-anon-1016201.jpg

CNNInterviewsQAnonsupporters.png

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.4.43  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.31    2 years ago
They are NOT Conservatives. They are a crazy cult.There are people with or without any political persuasion

Huh?  You do know that the Q Anon doctrine directly involves hero worshiping Donald Trump, dont you? Is he a conservative? 

The idea that QAnon is not conservative is just silly. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.44  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.24    2 years ago

Such as conservative (highly probable) marriages?!

CB
Professor Principal

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.46  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.26    2 years ago

Yeah, Archie Bunker was a character on TV who willed the world "Archie Bunkerism" as mocking reactionaries.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.47  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.28    2 years ago
Gays today are a protected group.

Is that on your "wokeism" list above?

Protected people need help getting away from MAGA provocateurs!  Those conservatives who believe in a 'country for heterosexuals—only!'

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.48  CB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.4.30    2 years ago

Equality and equity. Dirty words to conservatives who want to compete against those they unfairly societally and culturally cripple and handicap.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.49  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.4.35    2 years ago

Somehow you find 'cover' for bad policyiies by pointing out bad policy/ies in others? That 'logic' on clarifies that you are highly aware of the 'hit' y'all are pulling and choose to use other bad actors as a foil to continue being 'hitty.'

Y'all are locked in on a race to the bottom!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.50  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.4.48    2 years ago
Equality and equity. Dirty words to conservatives who want to compete against those they unfairly societally and culturally cripple and handicap.

Gee, the victim card again?

George
Junior Expert
1.4.51  George  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.50    2 years ago
Gee, the victim card again?

It's the race card, They just "know" some members of society aren't able to compete based solely on the color of their skin, so they have to help them. 

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.52  CB  replied to  George @1.4.51    2 years ago

Not everybody here wants to kill, steal, and destroy their fellow citizens just to get and keep and hold what belongs to someone else, George. Now, can you figure out who I might be writing about?

But you're welcome to stand on low ground and shout up out of the hole about how y'all are producers and how the country can't make it without y'all and the setbacks y'all deliver to folks who otherwise would if they could ignore y'all.

George
Junior Expert
1.4.53  George  replied to  CB @1.4.52    2 years ago
kill, steal, and destroy their fellow citizens

You should report that to the proper authorities if you see that happening........Outside of your imagination of course.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.54  Texan1211  replied to  George @1.4.51    2 years ago
It's the race card, They just "know" some members of society aren't able to compete based solely on the color of their skin, so they have to help them. 

Race card, victim card, who can keep track nowadays as they seem interchangeable according to the days of the week?

America is the land of opportunity. Unfortunately for some, that does not mean things get handed to them on a silver platter (well, maybe it does if you are transgender living in SF) and actually have to work for it.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.55  CB  replied to  George @1.4.53    2 years ago

Glory days? The Way We Were? To of your favorites songs, possibly . . . a little bit maybe?

George
Junior Expert
1.4.56  George  replied to  CB @1.4.55    2 years ago

Can you translate your free association of thoughts in something coherent? Or just fuck off, your choice.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.57  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.4.55    2 years ago
You should report that to the proper authorities if you see that happening........Outside of your imagination of course. Glory days? The Way We Were? To of your favorites songs, possibly . . . a little bit maybe?

angry-baby-wait-what-meme.jpg

George
Junior Expert
1.4.58  George  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.54    2 years ago

It’s always someone else’s fault for some peoples failure at life, and the funny part, is they accuse others of living in the past while blaming something that happened 150 years ago for their failures.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.59  CB  replied to  George @1.4.56    2 years ago

Sound' it out, George. To/two/too choose the appropriate word choice accordingly.

They used to teach that a missing letter was not a big deal and not a conversation 'destroyer.' That is, an addressee would just process and understand what is meant. Oh well, when dealing with a provocateur one can't catch a break, I guess.

Discussions just become dumbed-down for no proper reason.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.60  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.4.59    2 years ago
Glory days? The Way We Were? To of your favorites songs, possibly . . . a little bit maybe?

Trust me when I say that the improper use of 'to' is one of the least confusing aspects of your post in relation to what you responded to.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.61  CB  replied to  George @1.4.58    2 years ago

Please. It was more likely your ancestors failure, but continue to skim along the surface there, 'skippy'! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

George
Junior Expert
1.4.62  George  replied to  CB @1.4.61    2 years ago

My family was never racist POS democrats, plus my family never sold their brothers into slavery. It's not my fault that some people look for blame, while intelligent people look for solutions to better their life.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.63  Texan1211  replied to  George @1.4.62    2 years ago
My family was never racist POS democrats, plus my family never sold their brothers into slavery. It's not my fault that some people look for blame, while intelligent people look for solutions to better their life.

I do believe it is well past time to ban the victim card.

CB
Professor Principal
1.4.64  CB  replied to  George @1.4.62    2 years ago

George, please.You can't prove any of 'that' -especially as a disaffected republican in a bandied together party. Y'all threw out your fellow republicans to get a core group of "concentrated evil." Trump!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"The 22-year-old man who was arrested for allegedly mowing down dozens of Los Angeles sheriff’s recruits deliberately with his SUV, leaving several critically injured, has been released from jail to allow police to gather more evidence."

los-angeles-recruit-crash-driver-released-feat-image.jpg?w=1024
Nicholas Joseph Gutierrez (right), the man arrested for running over California law enforcement recruits, was released from jail Thursday night. KTTV

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  devangelical @2.1    2 years ago

Death wishing is never acceptable.

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    2 years ago
removed for context

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.3    2 years ago

[deleted]

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.1.5  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    2 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.4    2 years ago
FBI, IRS, Capitol Police

He's a new member, something we desperately need here.

I sense trouble ahead.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.8  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.4    2 years ago

Another slow day at the Ford dealership...

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.10  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.7    2 years ago

[deleted]

evilone
Professor Guide
2.1.11  evilone  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.7    2 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.12  JBB  replied to    2 years ago

[deleted]

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.1.13  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.7    2 years ago
I sense trouble ahead.

Oh indeed, and a huge wave of it. You should order a case of Sharpies and become a weatherman.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.15  JohnRussell  replied to    2 years ago
Salt is racist now? You wear a mask while in your car don't you?  It's true isn't it?  Men in America are losing their T.

what is "T" bro, timing ? 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.16  Ronin2  replied to  evilone @2.1.11    2 years ago
"woke" (a term simply used to connotate being respectful)

Originally intended to mean "alert to civil rights issues" or "takes an enlightened approach to civil rights", its meaning has changed. It is now associated with adopting an obsessive, blinkered or deliberately obtuse approach to certain civil rights, particularly in relation to equality. It refers to an approach which is overall and on balance harmful to society, ignores context and counterpoints, and is ignorant of the wider ramifications of the position taken.

Under the pretense of being politically correct, the "woke" person is, ironically, asleep, in that they are ignorant of or unconcerned by the harms caused by their actions. Such harms may include:
• damage to freedom of expression and freedom of association
• the diminution of comedy, and artistic license in music, to the point that it becomes dull
• stifling of conversation
• fear of expressing an alternative opinion or calling out that which is evidently nonsense
• feelings of being browbeaten, helpless and living in a dystopian society
• diversion of societal focus away from more pressing issues affecting society
• the breakdown of language and societal structures
• discrimination and prejudice against others with particular characteristics - typically those who, in a particular location or organisation, are in a majority - under the guise of improving equality and acting on behalf of the minority.

The "woke" person may be acting in their own self-interests to achieve their own ends.
They is only one person, but they has a big effect on everyone around them. They's so woke that they can't function properly in life, it's hard to understand them, and even their friends can't keep track of their pronouns.

He's so woke that he's asleep.

Only in leftist la la land is being woke a positive thing.

evilone
Professor Guide
2.1.17  evilone  replied to    2 years ago

[deleted]

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.18  JBB  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.16    2 years ago

So, being unenlightened is a good thing?

True only in Russia and Rightwing Land...

evilone
Professor Guide
2.1.19  evilone  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.16    2 years ago
Only in leftist la la land is being woke a positive thing.

hmmm...

Dictionary
woke
/wōk/

adjective
INFORMALUS
  1. alert to injustice in society, especially racism.
    "we need to stay angry, and stay woke"

I'd rather be "woke", or alert to racial injustice instead of an asshole that doesn't think it important.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.20  Tessylo  replied to  JBB @2.1.8    2 years ago
Another slow day at the Ford dealership...

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.16    2 years ago

They forgot virtue signaling.................

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.16    2 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.23  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  evilone @2.1.19    2 years ago

Woke is actually slang in black neighborhoods and that is the context in which the left uses it.

Find out it's meaning.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.21    2 years ago

Made up ignorance for those who laugh at decency

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.25  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.21    2 years ago

There is too much virtue signaling and not enough virtue!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.23    2 years ago

Why don't you tell us?  What is the alleged meaning?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.27  Kavika   replied to  evilone @2.1.19    2 years ago
[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.28  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.26    2 years ago

“Woke” was coined by the left some years ago to describe a person who had become sensitive to the left’s  pet issues , especially racial and “social justice” ones. It implied that a person disagreeing with the left about those issues was not just wrong, but unconscious."

https://theaspenbeat.com/2021/11/13/woke-is-now-a-term-of-mockery-and-the-left-has-only-itself-to-blame/#:~:text=%E2%80%9CWoke%E2%80%9D%20was%20coined%20by%20the%20left%20some%20years,those%20issues%20was%20not%20just%20wrong%2C%20but%20unconscious.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.29  Ronin2  replied to  Hallux @2.1.13    2 years ago

[deleted

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.30  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @2.1.27    2 years ago

Same here kav.  Who cares what the alleged meaning is by those same RWers?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.31  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.28    2 years ago

Why do you think I would look at your link?  Why can't you just copy what's in it?  I don't want any malicious files on my computer.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.32  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.7    2 years ago
"He's a new member, something we desperately need here.
I sense trouble ahead."

No he isn't.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.33  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.31    2 years ago

He did post what's in it????? WTF

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.1.34  Ronin2  replied to  JBB @2.1.18    2 years ago

You consider this "enlightened"?

It is now associated with adopting an obsessive, blinkered or deliberately obtuse approach to certain civil rights, particularly in relation to equality. It refers to an approach which is overall and on balance harmful to society, ignores context and counterpoints, and is ignorant of the wider ramifications of the position taken.

Go back to 2.1.16 and read the whole damn thing. It is the left in a nutshell "harmful to society".

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.35  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.31    2 years ago
Why do you think I would look at your link?

I thought you wanted a link. Maybe you're right, I should have known better.

Why can't you just copy what's in it? 

Because somebody would rightfully ask for a link.

I don't want any malicious files on my computer. 

Oh, that's your computer. I thought you were at work. Ok, have a good one.

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.1.36  Hallux  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.29    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.37  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.31    2 years ago

So that's what's in the link - I thought that was your made up bullshit.  It still doesn't negate the actual meaning of the word/term.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.38  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @2.1.34    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.39  Ender  replied to  Hallux @2.1.5    2 years ago
He looks like Kyle Rittenhouse.

That was my first thought.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.40  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.35    2 years ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_28_smiley_image.gif

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
2.1.41  dennissmith  replied to  evilone @2.1.19    2 years ago

When did you make the change to being woke?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.1.42  Thrawn 31  replied to    2 years ago

Lol, have you filed for unemployment yet?

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.1.43  Hallux  replied to  Hallux @2.1.5    2 years ago

[removed]

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.1.44  Hallux  replied to  Hallux @2.1.43    2 years ago

[Deleted]

Hallux
PhD Principal
2.1.45  Hallux  replied to  Hallux @2.1.44    2 years ago

Thank you for being the final straw Sandy.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.46  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @2.1.45    2 years ago

Does this mean I won't be receiving an answer to 5.1.7 now?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.47  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.30    2 years ago
Who cares what the alleged meaning is by those same RWers?

Well, it certainly LOOKS like YOU care, or why else would YOU ask Vic what it means??

Why don't you tell us?  What is the alleged meaning?

GregTx
PhD Guide
2.1.48  GregTx  replied to  Hallux @2.1.45    2 years ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.49  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @2.1.45    2 years ago

"Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep."

-- The Tempest, Act 4 Scene 1

CB
Professor Principal
2.2  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago

It sucks to be him right now. Damn! Damn! Damn!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    2 years ago
"The 22-year-old man who was arrested for allegedly mowing down dozens of Los Angeles sheriff’s recruits deliberately with his SUV, leaving several critically injured, has been released from jail to allow police to gather more evidence."

Left wing policies at work.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3    2 years ago

a-protester-wearing-a-mask-holds-a-raised-black-power-fist-holds-a-sign-that-reads-american.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=KnEp8O4YJLGqTMbbt6hHFOGjZWxkmk7nhLAfXEBj3Hk=

Here they are!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3.1    2 years ago

Can't leave out the retarded "Defund the Police".  These blithering idiots cried for that and in some cities funding was cut and there was a subsequent rise in crime.  And the morons couldn't understand the correlation.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3.2    2 years ago

Oh crap. The "No one defunded the police" bullshit is coming in 3...2...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3.2    2 years ago

Take their word for it:

The "defund the police" movement, is one of reimagining the current police system to build an entity that does not violate us, while relocating funds to invest in community services.

Let’s be clear, the people who now oppose this, have always opposed calls for systematic change.  
— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN)   June 9, 2020
The defund movement isn't new. Folks are just finally listening. "We got money for wars but can't feed the poor."   #HappyBirthdayTupac   #DefundPolice   #FundCommunities — Ayanna Pressley (@AyannaPressley)   June 16, 2020
I believe we need to protect families who need help, and ICE isn’t doing that. It has become a deportation force. We need to separate immigration issues from criminal justice. We need to abolish ICE, start over and build something that actually works.   — Kirsten Gillibrand (@SenGillibrand)   June 29, 2018
Instead of spending $80 billion a year on jails and incarceration, we need to be investing in more jobs and education. One thing is abundantly clear: Every police department violating people's civil rights must be stripped of federal funding. Period. — Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders)   June 4, 2020
When we say   #DefundPolice , what we mean is people are dying and we need to invest in people's livelihoods instead.

EXAMPLE: Detroit spent $294 million on police last year, and $9 million on health.

This is systemic oppression in numbers.   pic.twitter.com/oPe0GD3D6p
— Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib)   June 4, 2020
Defunding the police is about rebuilding our country in the image of our people — full of humanity, love, and care. Particularly for our kids and schools.   — Jamaal Bowman (@JamaalBowmanNY)   February 22, 2021
Another unarmed black man, shot in the back, by a WI police officer! No matter the outrage at the killing of George Floyd by a police officer, knee on his neck, the killing of black men continues. Is this a defiance by the police that indicates they don’t intend to stop?
— Maxine Waters (@RepMaxineWaters)   August 26, 2020

This is the same Sacramento Police Department that murdered   #StephonClark . The leadership of the department, and all of these officers, must be fired. Then, the department must be dismantled and policing reimagined. pic.twitter.com/c8dORCjsKG
— Mondaire Jones (@MondaireJones)   August 30, 2020
For those who think spending more on policing works, look at St. Louis.

We spend more per capita on police than 85% of police depts, yet 68% of violent crimes go unsolved. And police kill us at the highest rate in the nation.

Police don’t need more money. Our communities do.
— Cori Bush (@CoriBush)   June 3, 2021
Defunding the police isn’t radical, it’s real.   — Cori Bush (@CoriBush)   January 28, 2021
Too many police in our country are more concerned with protecting white supremacy than serving the communities that pay their salaries.   — Jamaal Bowman (@JamaalBowmanNY)   March 17, 2021
An “accidental discharge” that kills someone has another name: manslaughter.

We don’t need police with lethal weapons carrying out routine traffic stops.

Re-allocate police funding to unarmed traffic forces to remove even the possibility of state-sanctioned manslaughter.  
— Jamaal Bowman (@JamaalBowmanNY)   April 12, 202 1
ICE has kept a 7 year old captive & alone for FOUR MONTHS with no parents around.

This is cruel and unusual punishment. The Eight Amendment strictly prohibits government from acting this way.

THIS is what we need to “shut down until we figure out what’s going on.” Defund ICE.  
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC)   March 12, 2018
Defund ICE.

Fund the USPS.
— Rep. Ilhan Omar (@Ilhan)   August 15, 2020
Now   @VICE   reporting that   @CBP   is sending predator drones over   #GeorgeFloyd   protests in Minneapolis.

This is what happens when leaders sign blank check after blank check to militarize police, CBP, etc while letting violence go unchecked.

We need answers. And we need to defund.  
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC)   May 29, 2020
"But the truth is that abolishing ICE isn’t that radical. We reorganize government all the time, creating some agencies and eliminating others. Nevertheless, it is a bold proposal."

It's time to be bold. It's time to   #AbolishICE .
— Rep. Mark Pocan (@repmarkpocan)   July 2, 2018
Do we really think our local police departments need weapons of war like:

Grenade Launchers?
Bayonets?
Explosives?
Weaponized Drones?

None of these weapons belong on our streets against American civilians.

We must   #DemilitarizeThePolice   today. It's past time we did.
— Senator Mazie Hirono (@maziehirono)   July 21, 2020
The maximum cruelty that ICE inflicts on immigrants is horrifying and must come to an immediate end. It's time to replace this inhumane system with one that treats immigrants with dignity while ending our reliance on detention. — Rep. Pramila Jayapal (@RepJayapal)   December 19, 2020
Roughly 1 in 4 fatal police encounters end the life of someone with mental illness, so it’s no surprise that this program is saving lives. Sending healthcare professionals—not police—when someone is experiencing a mental health crisis makes our communities safer for all.   — Rep. Katie Porter (@RepKatiePorter)   February 8, 2021
We have seen video after video over the last few weeks of peaceful protestors being met with extreme violence from police.

We can’t wait. It’s time to overhaul our policing system.  
— Rep. Barbara Lee (@RepBarbaraLee)   June 5, 2020
Today's police forces look more like armies equipped with weapons of war. A fed'l program from the 1990s sends surplus military equipment to NYPD & other police. Today, I've introduced legislation to end this initiative once and for all.   #BlackLivesMatter   #EndPoliceViolence   1/3   pic.twitter.com/wLmYY6MnH6 — Rep. Nydia Velazquez (@NydiaVelazquez)   June 10, 2020
Today's   @HouseJudiciary   markup will address the reforms needed to hold police accountable, fight systemic racism, & save lives. Watch:  

We can & must re-imagine what just policing looks like in our country.   #JusticeInPolicing   pic.twitter.com/slDCk6N9pk
— Rep. Zoe Lofgren (@RepZoeLofgren)   June 17, 2020
We can and must re-imagine what just policing looks like in our country. Today's   @HouseJudiciary   hearing will address the reforms needed to hold police accountable, fight systemic racism, and save lives.   pic.twitter.com/pvusXDrBSm — David Cicilline (@davidcicilline)   June 17, 2020
We must defund Trump’s secret police that are currently in Portland and soon may arrive uninvited in other American cities.

I'm in D.C. working around the clock to build support for such a plan.
— Earl Blumenauer (@repblumenauer)   July 21, 2020
Police departments across the country have a lot more to do.

We must continue to apply pressure to disrupt the system.

This is how we see results.
— Yvette D. Clarke (@RepYvetteClarke)   June 6, 2020

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.5  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.3.3    2 years ago

You mean the truth?

Budget cuts and re-allocations are not 'defunding' the police.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.3.6  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @2.3.5    2 years ago

It's taking money from the police funding and putting it elsewhere. The police no longer have it. They were defunded those amounts. You've had this pointed out numerous times in the past and still refuse to see it. Not a good look.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @2.3.5    2 years ago
Budget cuts and re-allocations are not 'defunding' the police.

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.8  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.3.6    2 years ago

It's called budget re-allocation, NOT DEFUNDING THE POLICE.  Budget cuts, re-allocation, whatever, NOT DEFUNDING THE POLICE.

Not a good look to deny the truth.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.3.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.3.6    2 years ago
It's taking money from the police funding and putting it elsewhere

That would be "Defund".

defund

verb

de·​fund   (ˌ)dē-ˈfənd 
defunded ;   defunding ;   defunds
transitive verb
: to withdraw funding from
[ Deleted ]

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.3.10  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @2.3.8    2 years ago

They cut the funding and allocated it elsewhere. That is defunding one area of funds, to feed another. Period. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.11  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.3.10    2 years ago

NOPE.  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
2.3.14  Thrawn 31  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.3    2 years ago

In what way does this incident have anything to do with “left wing policies”? Sounds like you are using this tragedy as a way to try to baselessly bash you political opponents because you are an asshole.

CB
Professor Principal
3  CB    2 years ago

This incident is bad enough. People are badly injured and using it as a pretext to add insult is tacky. In addition, there is this thing about letting law enforcement do its job of 'collaring and releasing' suspects and criminals according to the dictates of law. Why the 'hurry' to abuse and over-generalize and create unwarranted offense against liberals?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @3    2 years ago
Why the 'hurry' to abuse and over-generalize and create unwarranted offense against liberals?

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    2 years ago

FOX? I thought they all drowned in the red tsunami. I know, I know ... that's already a week old news unlike the far more today news in your link from 2014.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @3.1.1    2 years ago

I guess you don't get them up in Canada.

Btw did Chairman Xi put Trudeau in his place the other day?

Hallux
PhD Principal
3.1.3  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    2 years ago

Oh we get them, we just don't turn the nonsense into a religious ceremony.

As to Xi and Justin, what China is really upset about is Canada kicking China out from mining gigs.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Hallux @3.1.3    2 years ago
As to Xi and Justin, what China is really upset about is Canada kicking China out from mining gigs.

Three separate ones and all rare earth mining. 

That is a resounding ''EH'' as far as I'm concerned.

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
3.1.5  dennissmith  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.2    2 years ago

He most certainly did and Trudeau doesn't even realize it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 years ago

Where was Nancy Pelosi while this atrocity took place? Someone with her height , weight, and hair style was seen at a nearby intersection holding a walkie talkie, and looking towards the runners prior to the attack. Thus Pelosi likely directed the radical communist to commit the crime. Investigate and hold hearings Mr Jordan. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 years ago

Here's what we know John. The suspect never used a horn, slowed down or tried to swerve away from the cadets. He was not intoxicated and his foot was still on the gas pedal when he was taken from the vehicle. Police didn't feel they had enough to prosecute and were careful not to make an accusation. This story was initially reported as an accident Wednesday and it took two full days t get out a modicum of facts and it has yet to be a front page story in the msm.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2    2 years ago

How come no gun sucking far right gun lovers are attributing this to "mental illness"? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    2 years ago

For the same reason our "critical thinkers" are saying "wait for the facts to come out!"

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    2 years ago
Why has this incident, which is an attack on police cadets on Wednesday, been so underrepoted?

It was on  the national evening news shows on ABC, CBS, and NBC. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5    2 years ago

And Fox ... as an ACCIDENT!  until now!

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.1  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 years ago

FOX needed a diversion to act as a tsunami dryer. They are using the story in much the same 'look-over-there' way you are ... the school of Just Shout 'Hunter' and no one will remember how wrong and crazed we were.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Hallux @5.1.1    2 years ago

Ohhh, that's what it is?  Kind of like saying forget all your troubles, it's all about Jan 6th.

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.3  Hallux  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.2    2 years ago

I understand the new congress is going to call Jan 6th Picnic Day.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @5.1.3    2 years ago
I understand the new congress is going to call Jan 6th Picnic Day.

And you base this "understanding" on what exactly?

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.5  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.4    2 years ago
And you base this "understanding" on what exactly?

Normally liberal lunacy

Hallux
PhD Principal
5.1.6  Hallux  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.4    2 years ago

Do you want pics or quotes?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Hallux @5.1.6    2 years ago
Do you want pics or quotes?

Either will suffice.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6  Greg Jones    2 years ago

He definitely looks like a Biden suck up illegal immy.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
7  Nerm_L    2 years ago

The story is not being reported because the police are not doing the work for the intrepid reporters.  Today's reporters don't have time to actually do their own investigative reporting.  Today's reporting is done by stenographers and not by reporters.

Why would the cops release Gutierrez?  Probably because the cops don't trust the prosecutor and courts.  Gutierrez may be on the street but I'd bet he's not walking alone.  Gutierrez probably has his own personal detail.  Gutierrez won't be able to take a leak without the time and place being recorded.

It seems apparent that the police want Gutierrez.  And the cops are not going to let the press, prosecutor, or courts screw it up.

dennissmith
Freshman Silent
7.1  dennissmith  replied to  Nerm_L @7    2 years ago

The police know how the California district attorney's prefer to not prosecute so I doubt they will be monitoring this guy. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

McCarthy Vows to Boot Radical Libs Schiff, Omar, and Swalwell from Committees

iQHy_v0C?format=jpg&name=small

I still say he's trying to hypnotize us!