╌>

New York City gives liberals a window into what the border crisis looks like | Washington Examiner

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  2 years ago  •  11 comments

By:   Washington Examiner

New York City gives liberals a window into what the border crisis looks like | Washington Examiner
New York City is continuing to struggle with the migrant crisis, a helpful window for liberals into the reality that border communities have been facing for years.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

New York City is continuing to struggle with the migrant crisis, a helpful window for liberals into the reality that border communities have been facing for years.

New York City Mayor Eric Adams has now warned residents that the city may be making cuts to services in order to prioritize the coming influx of illegal immigrants once the Title 42 immigration restrictions expire. New York City has received more than 31,000 immigrants this year and opened up 60 emergency centers to account for the surge. Now, the city is going to have to prioritize illegal immigrants over its own residents.

Sounds less than ideal, right? Now consider that, in every month but two in fiscal 2020, border patrol agents saw more encounters than New York City has seen illegal immigrants this entire year. Under Biden, there have been anywhere from five times to eight times as many border encounters per month compared to the measly 31,000 immigrants that Adams's city has received this year. And those hundreds of thousands of immigrants per month are all settled in border towns and communities that have nowhere near the resources of the Big Apple.

For example, in three and a half months this year, El Paso was delivered 84,000 immigrants. In just one week in 2021, the city of McAllen, Texas, had to absorb 7,000 immigrants, or one-fourth of New York City's yearlong total that Adams and other New York City Democrats are complaining about. Eagle Pass, Texas, saw 10,000 immigrants in a single week earlier this year.

But El Paso, Eagle Pass, and McAllen don't get national headlines from establishment media, nor are their issues a concern for Democrats. But establishment journalists hang on every bit of news from New York City, and Adams is a high-profile Democrat. As it were, it would appear that journalists and Democrats alike are only now discovering that an influx of immigrants leads to ignoring the needs of American citizens that are already under your protection. Welcome to the reality of the border crisis.

Despite all of this, it appears that Democrats are unmoved. Biden has not only expressed zero interest in getting the border crisis under control, but his administration has repeatedly insisted that this is all the GOP's fault for not proposing its own solutions that Biden would obviously ignore. So now New Yorkers are going to get to experience what border towns have been drowning with for years, and apparently, no lessons will be learned from it.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    2 years ago
Biden has not only expressed zero interest in getting the border crisis under control, but his administration has repeatedly insisted that this is all the GOP's fault for not proposing its own solutions that Biden would obviously ignore.

No spin monkeys were harmed in the forming of that sentence!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @1    2 years ago

So yet another far right wing propaganda piece full of lies.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  cjcold @1.1    2 years ago

How 'bout backing up your blathering with some "FACTS" to dispel those "lies".

We'll wait - and wait - and wait - and wait - 'cause you never do.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.1    2 years ago
So yet another far right wing propaganda piece full of lies.

Please document what you deem lies.

However, if you actually think that El Paso, Eagle Pass, or McAllen get anywhere near the media attention regarding immigration as does New York City, well, I would love to know your sources.

The facts laid out in the article says that those 3 Texas cities have had to handle many more immigrants while being much smaller.

Now, Democrats are starting to take notice of the border because they are being affected by it and a Democratic mayor of America's largest city is claiming he may have to cut services to taxpaying residents because of an influx of less than 35,000 immigrants into a city of around 9 million. 

Eagle Pass has a population of around 30,000 and absorbed around 10,000 in single week.

Was it a crisis on the border THEN?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

Maybe New York City should gather up its homeless and put them on a train to deep in the heart of Texas.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    2 years ago

Can't do that unless you also send the buried folks - you know - the "uncounted voters" - to make up the Dem foundation.

Buzz, if that would float your boat, and, since you live in China and aren't even affected by the border situation in the U. S., we should accept your "passing comment" as that - a passing comment.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1    2 years ago

That's fine with me, 1st.  Just because I'm not an American and don't live in the USA doesn't mean I'm not entitled to "speak my mind" on this site as long as what I say is on topic.  As it happens I've been to Texas more than once and NYC many times, so it's not as if I know nothing about those places.  In fact I once attended a conference in Dallas where Ann Richards spoke - I thought she was so fantastic she should have been the POTUS. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.4  1stwarrior  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.3    2 years ago

I agree with you 'bout Ann and I didn't imply that you couldn't "speak your mind".

As such, look at your response 'bout the homeless and think back - sure, "back then", Texas didn't have as many homeless and NYC - BUT, with all the Illegal Aliens, Texas sure has got them beat now. 

Hell, " in October 2022, there were 65,633 homeless people" in NYC ( )

Yet, " in three and a half months this year, El Paso was delivered 84,000 immigrants" and that's just one city and only 3.5 months and they've got NYC beat by a long shot.

Apples and Oranges - apples and oranges.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1.4    2 years ago

Okay, I didn't realize the numbers in El Paso were that huge - I can see that there's a big problem there.  Isn't the immigration problem the result of America being touted as the land of opportunity where the streets are paved with gold?  Maybe America should downplay its "perfection" a lot more than it does so others aren't so tempted to cross the river. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1.5    2 years ago
Maybe America should downplay its "perfection" a lot more than it does

We have a Democratic Party for that.

so others aren't so tempted to cross the river. 

I don't that will stop anyone, sure doesn't seem to have had any real effect thus far.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.6    2 years ago

What do you think needs to be done - finish the wall and make it impenitrable?  It could be called The Great Wall of America - that idea hss worked elsewhere.  People might say you can see it from outer space.