╌>

NYC hospital employee seen in viral video appearing to take bike from young Black men has receipts showing she rented it, lawyer says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  10 months ago  •  194 comments

By:   NBC News

NYC hospital employee seen in viral video appearing to take bike from young Black men has receipts showing she rented it, lawyer says
The New York City hospital employee who was placed on leave this week after a viral video showed her appearing to take a rental bike from a group of young Black men had paid for the bike, according to her attorney who said he has the receipts to prove it.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Link copiedMay 19, 2023, 8:48 PM UTCBy Minyvonne Burke

The New York City hospital employee who was placed on leave this week after a viral video showed her appearing to take a rental bike from a group of young Black men had paid for the bike, according to her attorney who said he has the receipts to prove it.

Attorney Justin Marino told NBC New York that Sarah Comrie, who he said is six months pregnant, had just finished a 12-hour shift at Bellevue Hospital on Saturday and rented a Citi Bike. He said that's when the group of men approached Comrie, who is white.

The video was initially posted on Twitter on May 13 and has been viewed more than 40 million times. It appears to show a white woman in NYC Health + Hospitals scrubs arguing with a young man over a Citi Bike that he says he has already rented. The man has his hand on the bike while Comrie screams, "Please help me."

It's unclear what happened before the minute-and-a-half video began, but the man doesn't appear to touch Comrie in the posted clip, nor does he appear to verbally threaten her.

Sarah Comrie and a man argue over a CitiBike that he says he has already rented.via NBC New York

At one point, Comrie takes off her work identification badge and appears to try and push the man off the bike with her body. The man says in the video that the bike is his and "it's on my account."

When another person in scrubs approaches, Comrie appears to cry.

"You're acting," the man recording the video says. "She's fake-crying. Stop fake-crying."

Comrie eventually steps away from the bike and the video stops.

Many people on social media criticized Comrie, with some pointing out the risk placed on young Black men who are accused of wrongdoing by white women. Prominent civil rights lawyer Ben Crump tweeted that she "grossly tried to weaponize her tears to paint this man as a threat.

"This is EXACTLY the type of behavior that has endangered so many Black men in the past!" Crump wrote.

New York hospital worker criticized after viral Citi Bike dispute

May 17, 202301:57

But, Marino told NBC New York that the incident is being taken out of context.

"Every part of that story is incorrect — starting with my client is not a racist," he said. "Two, my client did not take anyone else's bike."

NBC New York reported that it viewed receipts connected to the incident and they show a rental for bike 560-3915. The rental lasted just one minute, according to the news station.

The bike seen in the video posted on Twitter shows that the code on it is 560-3915.

Marino said it's not possible for more than one person to reserve the same bike at the same time. Citi Bike did not immediately respond to NBC News' request for comment on Friday.

The lawyer also had a receipt for a second bike that Comrie rented shortly after the incident so she could ride home, according to the news station.

Marino and Comrie could not immediately be reached on Friday by NBC News.

Bellevue Hospital, which is operated by NYC Health + Hospitals, previously issued a statement and called the video "disturbing." It said the employee was on leave and "will remain on leave pending a review."

Minyvonne Burke

Minyvonne Burke is a senior breaking news reporter for NBC News.

Doha Madani contributed.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    10 months ago

I have posted this slanted NBC News story to demonstarte what is terribly wrong with this country.

1) A pregnant nurse was put on leave by Bellevue Hospital without Hospital officials even knowing what happened.

2) Not a cop in sight at the time of the incident.

3) It turns out she did rent the bike. Didn't anyone wonder why a pregnant nurse would just claim she rented a bike?

4) progressives were more worried about the optics of the video than having any concern for a nurse trying to get home.

5) The victim here is the nurse. Why was she smeared?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    10 months ago
The victim here is the nurse. Why was she smeared?

Very easy

All you have to do is look at the players in the scenario. Both parties claimed ownership of the rental, however, because of the different races, only one is considered a racist.

I would not even have to look at the video to figure out this scenario.......

And the races of the players.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    10 months ago

Vic,

Here is the NBC recording of what happened:

We don't know who actually purchased the bike since no receipt has been produced, so far. But her behavior (on the video... we don't know what happened before AND NBC said that ), was really bad.

So who the actual victim is is undetermined.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.1  Snuffy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2    10 months ago
We don't know who actually purchased the bike since no receipt has been produced, so far.

According to the article posted above NBC New York reported it had viewed receipts which match up to the bike in the video and the lawyer says he has the receipts.  Both receipts are said to have come from the nurse.  So far there is no evidence provided that the young man rented the bike.  There's a lot of unknown which is why I dislike these types of videos.  They never show the full story and miss so much.

NBC New York reported that it viewed receipts connected to the incident and they show a rental for bike 560-3915. The rental lasted just one minute, according to the news station.

The bike seen in the video posted on Twitter shows that the code on it is 560-3915.

Marino said it's not possible for more than one person to reserve the same bike at the same time. Citi Bike did not immediately respond to NBC News' request for comment on Friday.

The lawyer also had a receipt for a second bike that Comrie rented shortly after the incident so she could ride home, according to the news station.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2    10 months ago

but, but, but those who always defend the indefensible claim that Karen has the receipts

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.3  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.2    10 months ago

How is it indefensible when even NBC New York stated they have seen the receipts and the first receipt matches up with the bike in question.  And the lawyer states he has the receipts in his possession.  Are you just trolling here?

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.4  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.2    10 months ago
but, but, but those who always defend the indefensible claim that Karen has the receipts

Read 1.1.1 for further education...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.1    10 months ago

There have been no receipts produced to the authorities.

Also, she had no right to take the boy's phone. Everything she did was to provoke the boys. She is an adult, and if the boys were wrong, she could have dialed 911 for help.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @1.2.4    10 months ago

See 1.2.5 for further education. . .

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.7  Snuffy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.5    10 months ago

Are the police even involved?  The only authorities that I'm aware of is Bellevue  Hospital.  The lawyer says he has two receipts and NBC New York is quoted as having seen the receipts that match up to the bike in question.

Agreed, she had no right to take the boy's phone and the boy can pursue this with the police for potential charges of theft and/or assault depending on NYC law.

I hate video like this as we never see the full picture.  We have no idea what happened before the video starts.  I read a report on it the other day that quoted the nurse in saying she had rented the bike, started to pull it out and it was pushed back into the lock against her will.  There are way too many open questions around all of this that are not going to get answered on this site.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.7    10 months ago

[deleted]

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.9  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.8    10 months ago

Actually I replied to Perrie in post 1.2.7.  She stated something and I had a question as well as additional information.  You know, we were having a conversation of types.

[deleted]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.7    10 months ago

The police were not involved at the time but they are aware of the event happening and are investigating.

Her lawyer says he has the receipts...but no one has seen them yet.

NBC did not say anything about seeing the receipts or them matching up. Watch the video again.

The nurse's version does not match up to the video I provided.

The only thing we didn't see is what lead up to her fake screaming for help. 

And while I agree that videos like this can be misleading, she doesn't come off looking too good.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.11  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.5    10 months ago
There have been no receipts produced to the authorities.

This video is a little long, but it gives the most well-rounded accounting of what really happened. It even shows the receipt, and its numbers match the bike Ms. Comrie was sitting on.

I hope that you and everyone else will take a few moments to watch it.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.11    10 months ago

So I was just about to post a shorter video of that one, but the picture of the ticket at .53, clearly shows that the bike was not paid for. The ticket says $0.00, which meant that no credit card or cash was given for a period of time, so the ticket defaulted as if it was not paid for. When you rent one of these bikes you get a screen that looks like this:

Which shows the bike number and the amount of time and cost for the bike.

So either our journalists (plural) never rented a bike, or they don't understand that $0 cash means the bike was not rented.

There two ways to rent a bike in NYC, the other on a phone app, but obviously if there is a ticket, then she might have been in the process of renting the bike.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.2.13  bugsy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.12    10 months ago

The guys claimed that they rented that bike.

Have they produced any proof of any actual payment?

Would those machines produce a ticket if the payment timed out, or would the screen just reset?

I know lawyers are lawyers, but I don't think this woman's lawyer would make the claim that he has proof the woman paid for her bike, but really didn't. ESPECIALLY if there are lawsuits involved.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.14  Snuffy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.10    10 months ago
The police were not involved at the time but they are aware of the event happening and are investigating.

Good.  As I said, the young man may have standing to sue for theft and/or assault so hopefully the police give an explanation for such.

Her lawyer says he has the receipts...but no one has seen them yet. NBC did not say anything about seeing the receipts or them matching up. Watch the video again.

It may not be on the video but the posted article does show that NBC New York as seen and verified the receipts. 

NBC New York reported that it viewed receipts connected to the incident and they show a rental for bike 560-3915. The rental lasted just one minute, according to the news station. The bike seen in the video posted on Twitter shows that the code on it is 560-3915.

Agreed, she doesn't come off looking good in the video.  I do wish we had more video including how this all began but that's life I'm afraid.  The piece I do not agree with at all however is where Bellevue placed her on leave immediately.  No investigation on their part from what I can find, they just looked at the video and figured it looked bad for them to employ a racist so they are throwing her to the wolves.  I suspect she will get a payday out of that action.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.15  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.12    10 months ago
but the picture of the ticket at .53, clearly shows that the bike was not paid for. The ticket says $0.00, which meant that no credit card or cash was given for a period of time, so the ticket defaulted as if it was not paid for.

I'm not going to get down in the weeds with you or anyone on this, because I don't rent bikes in NYC. From what I can tell, the receipt in the video I provided logged a zero dollar amount, presumably because she'd completed her ride. The receipt clearly says, "Thank you for riding with us". Think of receipts we receive for store purchases.

Your image shows before accepting the terms and conditions that finalize the transaction (Notice OK or Cancel in your image). Again, think of store purchases.

I feel badly for everyone involved, but more so for Ms. Comrie, because a mere 2 years ago, everyone was unified in commending our healthcare workers and not demonizing them prior to knowing the facts. I feel badly for the young men, too, because they felt it was acceptable to intimidate a woman ... a pregnant woman. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.12    10 months ago

Her attorney said she rented it and that why there was recent.  He also said the man pushed back into the rack before she used it which might explain $0.00

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2.17  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.15    10 months ago

I agreed with you until this:

The receipt clearly says, "Thank you for riding with us". Think of receipts we receive for store purchases.

All the receipts say that.

I feel badly for the young men, too, because they felt it was acceptable to intimidate a woman ... a pregnant woman. 

They did nothing more than not let her take a public bike. She was the one that took one of the boy's phone (IDK why she did that) and she was hardly a victim here. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.18  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.17    10 months ago
All the receipts say that.

Correct ---> After a transaction ... all transactions ... are paid for and completed.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2.19  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.18    10 months ago

That makes no sense. She was trying to get a bike, not returning one. Those machines print that if the transaction is not completed in a given time. And all the reporters and even the lawyer know that, so there is something odd about this whole story.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.20  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.17    10 months ago

What I dont get is why people here are sure the black guys wanted to steal the bike.  On the video they dont look like they are trying to steal the bike. 

Seriously, if everyone in this dispute was white would anyone be saying the teenagers wanted to steal the bike?

What this thing looks like is a misunderstanding of some sort that is not clear from the video. The big mistake the lady made was the fake tears, which calls her conduct here into question. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.2.21  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.20    10 months ago

Actually the fake tears I don't care about, they could also be excused due to her being six months pregnant.  They did look fake to me, but as I said I don't care all that much about them.

IMO her big mistake was taking the phone from the young man,  according to Perrie the police are investigating and she could be charged with theft and/or assault for what she did.  We should let the cops complete their investigation, there are holes and several pieces to the story that are just not known yet.  I know that doesn't stop everybody from taking a side but there's just too much we don't know.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.22  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.9    10 months ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.23  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.15    10 months ago

Perrie knows what she's talking about [Deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.24  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.20    10 months ago

[Deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.2.25  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.19    10 months ago

What happens after checking one out, if someone pushes it back into the rack before you use it?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.26  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.20    10 months ago
What I dont get is why people here are sure the black guys wanted to steal the bike.  On the video they dont look like they are trying to steal the bike.

Can you point out who here was sure the black kids wanted to STEAL the bike?

The argument was clearly over who rented the bike first. 

Seriously, if everyone in this dispute was white would anyone be saying the teenagers wanted to steal the bike?

No it still be about the teens trying to rent the bike.

What this thing looks like is a misunderstanding of some sort that is not clear from the video.

Yes

The big mistake the lady made was the fake tears, which calls her conduct here into question. 

No, but she did take the young man's phone, possibly to prove he had not rented the same bike, but she was dead wrong by taking the phone.

Her employer also appears to have "jumped the shark" and should appologize and compensate her.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.27  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.2.5    10 months ago

According to her attorney, any potential litigation is only in the beginning stages at this time. Her lawyer has stated he has the receipt(s). I am sure it will be turned over to the opposing attorneys and the court at the appropriate time.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.28  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @1.2.26    10 months ago

That was so reasonable.....It's about time.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.29  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Snuffy @1.2.7    10 months ago
Agreed, she had no right to take the boy's phone and the boy can pursue this with the police for potential charges of theft and/or assault depending on NYC law.

But remember, those charges could go both ways.  This man did attempt to take the bicycle away from her.  And to the best of my knowledge has not provided anything to show he paid.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.2.30  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.28    10 months ago
That was so reasonable.....

Ok, thanks.

It's about time.

Well you know what they say about a broken clock, it was inevitable that you would agree with me eventually.

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif  

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    10 months ago
I have posted this slanted NBC News story to demonstarte what is terribly wrong with this country.

BS.  The story demonstrates something but it isn't your opinion of what is wrong with the country. 

1) A pregnant nurse was put on leave by Bellevue Hospital without Hospital officials even knowing what happened

Agreed and the nurse's lawyer should benefit both himself and his client accordingly.

.2) Not a cop in sight at the time of the incident.

So?  My Police Department is less than 300 yards from my home and almost never see an officer even when I cut through their parking lot.

3) It turns out she did rent the bike.

Yes.

Didn't anyone wonder why a pregnant nurse would just claim she rented a bike?

What does it matter?

4) progressives were more worried about the optics of the video than having any concern for a nurse trying to get home.

Progressives?  Prove it and stop making baseless assumptions.

5) The victim here is the nurse.

Maybe, maybe not.

Why was she smeared?

Because too many people are triggered by race and too many other incidents around the country caused by screaming Karens have gotten too much attention.

You are witnessing the down side of the internet and incomplete reporting.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @1.3    10 months ago
Because too many people are triggered by race

No shit. That scene with a group of young black men denying a bike to a female nurse brought out the progressives who feel they have to defend what looks so bad to so many. A woman was slandered by one who clearly is a racist and if his tweet wasn't removed he would have faced a lawsuit.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Split Personality @1.3    10 months ago

Just a small point here but people seem to keep missing the fact that the lady in question is not a nurse, but a physician's assistant.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.3  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @1.3    10 months ago

this is more about some black youths "getting uppity with white women" for nostalgic conservatives...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3.2    10 months ago

Why don't we just call her a health care worker.

And why is her pregnancy an issue? Do women suddenly become more frail when they get pregnant?

That is not directed at you, Ed. But people just seem to think that pregnant women should be treated like the disabled

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.4    10 months ago

I think pregnancies affect different women differently. I know my late wife became more aggressive with both her pregnancies and was more prone to getting angry due to hormonal imbalances. I walked on egg shells with both.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3.5    10 months ago

Imagine that, all pregnancies' at 6 months aren't the same.  It's amazing that based on such little informations, folks are quick to render judgment.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3.5    10 months ago
I walked on egg shells with both.

Smart man.

It's not the hormonal changes I'm talking about. I was pregnant while in the service and my co-workers wanted me to step down from my most of the duties I was doing. Yeah...I had no problem with not checking the radiation detectors, but I could still climb up on tables, ladders, whatever and get a ventilation reading. Who else was going to do it? The OIC? The NCOIC?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.3.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.3.6    10 months ago

I love how a pile of men are telling women what pregnancy is like. Too funny.

I had twins. Want to tell me what I was like?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.8    10 months ago
I love how a pile of men are telling women what pregnancy is like. Too funny

Who here has done that.

I had twins. Want to tell me what I was like?

I haven't a clue, I don't even know how your health today is so I'll render no judgement.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.3.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.3.9    10 months ago
Who here has done that.

Imagine that, all pregnancies' at 6 months aren't the same.

I haven't a clue, I don't even know how your health today is so I'll render no judgement.

Smart man. I wasn't the least bit hormonal. I did have an issue keeping the girls cooking somewhere in the 6th month.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.10    10 months ago

That's awful. My daughter as a NICU nurse sees lots of newborns that born too early

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3.12  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.8    10 months ago

Sorry, but I was describing my own personal experience with my wife. Couldn't tell you about other people.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.3.13  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.3.10    10 months ago
Imagine that, all pregnancies' at 6 months aren't the same.

That statement seems to be the opposite of telling women what pregnancy is like.

I wasn't the least bit hormonal. I did have an issue keeping the girls cooking somewhere in the 6th month.

Wonderful, my wife wasn't hormonal either.  She did suffer from anemia and leg cramping and back pain at about that point in the pregnancy.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.3.14  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.11    10 months ago

The girls were born 5 weeks early but were on the big side (5lbs 2 oz and 5lbs 7 oz) and 21 inches long, so they only spent a week in the NICU. They ended up getting jaundiced anyway because a premie is a premie.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3.15  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.1    10 months ago

A, you are obsessed with blaming your imaginary progessives for just about everything you dont agree with.

B,The comments in the "article" give ample proof that "non progressives" were equally triggered by the altercation.

C,The altercation itself is not unique.

D,Having everything captured or partially captured on a smartphone video is just fueling the angst of those people who are glued to a 24/7/365 news cycle that has to deliver something every second.

In the end this was a minor misunderstanding that was blown out of proportion by media madness.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3.16  Split Personality  replied to  devangelical @1.3.3    10 months ago

Confirmation bias on full display.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.17  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Split Personality @1.3.15    10 months ago
, you are obsessed with blaming your imaginary progessives for just about everything you dont agree with.

Just about every problem this country has had in the past 60 years I place right at their doorstep.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.17    10 months ago

You don't like it when people march to the beat of their own drummer, do you? Everyone has a place and they must stay in that place. Everyone must act and think alike or the whole damn country is condemned.

I feel very sorry for you, Vic, that you can't see that differences are good

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.19  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.18    10 months ago
You don't like it when people march to the beat of their own drummer, do you?

Is that what I said?

I thought you had everyone not marching to the beat of your drum on ignore?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.3.20  Jasper2529  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.19    10 months ago

Ouch!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.3.21  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.17    10 months ago

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3.22  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @1.3.21    10 months ago

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Vic Eldred    10 months ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    10 months ago

Wow, what a phony bitch she is!

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    10 months ago

That a large chunk of the internet and her employer immediately believed a pregnant nurse was stealing a bike from a group of teenagers shows just how far from reality many live in this country. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    10 months ago

If I was a lawyer I would offer her my services, pro bono, in a nice lawsuit vs Bellvue Hospital.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    10 months ago

Scary to think people who fell for this have any sort of power in the health care world.  Talk about a total inability to recognize a situation. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.1    10 months ago

What do we expect. Nurses were on the front line when covid hit. Hospitals didn't stand by them when the current regime demanded they get vaccinated or be fired.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.3  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    10 months ago
a nice lawsuit vs Bellvue Hospital.

I would add on many left wing sources who jumped the gun and called her a racist. In addition, the race baiter Crump should be added to the list.

I see another Nick Sandman scenario....and good for her.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  bugsy @3.1.3    10 months ago
I see another Nick Sandman scenario.

I hope so.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  bugsy @3.1.3    10 months ago
ld add on many left wing sources who jumped the gun and called her a racist.

So much racism in those comments attacking her. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1    10 months ago

And Crump.    Sue em both into the next century.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    10 months ago

The race baiting Crump has shamefully deleted his tweet without apologizing or letting the millions of people who saw his tweet know he was wrong.  Hope his legal practice has lawyers skilled in defamation defense. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    10 months ago

Most likely Crump knew exactly what he was doing. Made a shoot and scoot comment deliberately geared to arouse dissent. He learned well from the not so Rev Al Sharpton who has been known to do the same. Won't see any apologies from Crump.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4.1    10 months ago

He couldn't resist.

It was like when Obama found that he needed to comment on every racial incident that took place during his presidency.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    10 months ago

I just watched a video about this for the first time. I dont think this was or should have been a racial incident. But it did appear to me that the lady was fake crying, so perhaps it is fair to say that black people might regard that as "Karen" behavior. 

Things like this would be worked out more satisfactorily without social media getting involved. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5    10 months ago

I would love it if anyone else could produce a receipt for that bike at that time.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1    10 months ago

So far, the only one who has legitimate receipts is Ms. Comrie. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.1    10 months ago

No receipts have been produced to the authorities.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5    10 months ago
I dont think this was or should have been a racial incident.

I think we can all agree on that one.

Now I'd like to see some apologies.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    10 months ago

A lot of people should apologize for a lot of things, to many people that is not human nature. 

Is there a longer video of this? I dont think these short clips give the entire picture. Why were they struggling over the bike? Why couldnt they discuss the issue? Mistakes like this happen every day - someone reads a number wrong or is on the wrong block or something. It is not a "federal issue". I suppose we're lucky no on had a gun or there might have been another "rage" shooting like we have been seeing. 

From what I see of the video, neither one of these people bathed themselves in glory. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.1    10 months ago

It was bunch of black dudes intentionally harassing a white woman. I'm surprised some people think that's OK. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @5    10 months ago
say that black people might regard that as "Karen" behavior. 

isn’t that part of the problem right there? Or do you think it acceptable for white people to give a black name to stereotype behavior like black teens stealing a bike? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.4  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @5    10 months ago
lady was fake crying,

So what if she was?    Some women fake cry.    It’s nothing new.    But like usual you’re missing the real issue here.    

Why were they trying to take the bike if they hadn’t rented it?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @5.4    10 months ago

She doesnt appear to be frightened. Why do you say they were trying to steal the bike? 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.4.2  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.1    10 months ago
Why do you say they were trying to steal the bike? 

Maybe because her lawyer states she has receipts that show she rented that bike?  Said receipts are currently in the possession of the lawyer according to the article.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.4.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.1    10 months ago

They were trying to take it away from after she paid for it. But there some who will always excuse the worst behavior by people of color.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.1    10 months ago

Some always defend the indefensible

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.5  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.1    10 months ago

She doesn't appear frightened in the least, she calmly says 'help me' 'help me' 'please help me' to the black guys directly, kind of sarcastically, no struggle at all until she knew that she was being filmed then it was all crocodile tears and nonsense from her and those guys didn't touch her - she leaned into them - anyone with sense sees right through this bullshit.

Lawsuit against Bellvue for what?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.4.6  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @5.4.4    10 months ago

Some always defend the indefensible

Kind of like what you are doing right now.  The lady in question has receipts showing that she rented that bike and the receipts are currently in the possession of the lawyer.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.7  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.6    10 months ago

Not kind of like - but what you do all the time - without fail - defending the indefensible

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.8  Texan1211  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.6    10 months ago

The receipts are all the proof the woman needs to prove she isn't wrong!

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.4.9  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @5.4.7    10 months ago

Is that the best  you got?  Wrong again I see but if one doesn't read posts it's easy to miss the conversation.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.4.10  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @5.4.7    10 months ago
Not kind of like - but what you do all the time - without fail - defending the indefensible

[deleted]

One question

If the races were reversed and the same exact scenario played out in the video, would you label the blacks person that had receipts a nasty bitch?

My guess is no.

My guess is you would be preaching the black woman had receipts to prove her claim and the white guys harassing her would be labeled racists and "white supremacists".

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.4.22  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  bugsy @5.4.10    10 months ago

The rest of 5.4 removed for slap fight. Stop it. ONLY WARNING!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.23  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.6    10 months ago

she took his phone - didn't you watch the video?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.24  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.4.22    10 months ago

[deleted]

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.4.25  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @5.4.23    10 months ago

Which has nothing to do with the receipts that she provided to the lawyer and also didn't stop the video of the incident.  The young man may be able to bring charges against her for theft or assault, that would depend on NYC law regarding that.  

In other words, your comment has absolutely nothing to do with my post that  you replied to.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.26  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.25    10 months ago

I'm correct, and you are not.

5.4.10 is also incorrect

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.27  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.25    10 months ago

It has EVERYTHING to do with the incident - the young men did NOTHING WRONG.  She provoked them, not the other way around.  

It was she who provoked EVERYTHING AND NO RECEIPTS HAVE BEEN PROVIDED

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.4.28  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @5.4.26    10 months ago
I'm correct, and you are not.

And what is incorrect about post 5.4.25 that  you replied to here?  You don't explain or offer any evidence as to why you think you are correct and I am not.  

5.4.10 is also incorrect

I'm not a mod here and that post is not mine.  Not sure why you are trying to tell me that it's incorrect when it's not mine.  

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.4.29  Snuffy  replied to  Tessylo @5.4.27    10 months ago
It has EVERYTHING to do with the incident - the young men did NOTHING WRONG.  She provoked them, not the other way around.  

We don't know any of that to be true because the video does not show the start of the incident.  As usual it's a short video that starts only after the incident has started and we miss the beginning.  Now if  you have a time machine that allowed you to go back to see the beginning of the event then why didn't you also take video to show to the world everything that happened?  

Receipts are in the possession of her lawyer and even NBC News New York has stated they have seen the receipts and the receipts match the bike in question.  Now if she had the receipt for that first bike then it stands to reason that she did indeed rent that bike.  As the young man provided ANY evidence that he also rented that bike?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.30  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @5.4.29    10 months ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.4.31  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @5.4    10 months ago
Some women fake cry

so do some men

check your misogyny at the door

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.4.32  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  bugsy @5.4.10    10 months ago
My guess is you would be preaching the black woman had receipts to prove her claim and the white guys harassing her would be labeled racists and "white supremacists".

Race was not brought into the discussion, just the way the woman reacted. Why are you bringing it into it?

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.4.33  bugsy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.4.32    10 months ago
Race was not brought into the discussion,

Sure was. Read above about the now deleted tweet the race baiter Crump put out.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.34  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @5.4.33    10 months ago

No, YOU brought race into the discussion and no one else.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.4.35  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @5.4.34    10 months ago

Learn something before you spout bs.

The fucking headline lists the men as black kids. That is mentioning race...by NBC news.

Also, look at post 7. that JR, no one else posted, and understand the following sentence...

"Why would five young Black men attempt to rob a white woman for a Citi Bike in Midtown Manhattan in plain view of everyone?"

An opinion piece by a leftist loon names Monique Judge

Race was brought up several times by the article authors who work for NBC news and an leftist opinion piece

Get a fucking clue.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
5.4.36  MonsterMash  replied to  bugsy @5.4.35    10 months ago

[Deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.4.37  bugsy  replied to  MonsterMash @5.4.36    10 months ago

[deleted]

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
5.4.38  MonsterMash  replied to  MonsterMash @5.4.36    10 months ago

[Deleted.  Insulting one NTer by way of a comment to another is still an insult, and will be ticketed as such.]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.4.39  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.4.31    10 months ago
so do some men check your misogyny at the door

Never said they didn’t so your assumptions are wrong again.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.4.40  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @5.4.39    10 months ago

Yes, you did. You only said women use fake tears. You never once mentioned men.

Stop trying to make yourself look better. You fluffed that up in your first comment

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.4.41  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.4.40    10 months ago
Yes, you did. You only said women use fake tears.

No I did not.    And I quote:

So what if she was?    Some women fake cry.    It’s nothing new.

How you turn that into “only” is beyond me.

You never once mentioned men.

So what?    

Stop trying to make yourself look better. You fluffed that up in your first comment

I’ll accept your apology now for lying about about what I said and for trying to assassinate my character.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.4.42  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @5.4.41    10 months ago

[deleted]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.4.43  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.4.42    10 months ago

Lol, yep coulda predicted that ..... same old weak shit I’ve come to expect.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.4.44  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @5.4.43    10 months ago

oh please

you think you are so much better than I am. But please have the last word, I know you have to have it

and then this entire thread will get deleted for slap fighting so have your fun while you can

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
5.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @5    10 months ago

Agree although I don’t understand why she Ed put on leave as this has nothing to do with her work.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.5.1  Split Personality  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @5.5    10 months ago

Exactly.  And who filmed this incomplete mess?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7  JohnRussell    10 months ago

news.yahoo.com   /receipts-don-t-matter-bike-194724774.html

The ‘receipts’ don’t matter. The bike doesn’t matter. Sarah Jane Comrie’s actions matter

Monique Judge 7-9 minutes   5/19/2023

OPINION: Sarah Jane Comrie made an active choice to behave the way she did on May 12, and that is what we should be discussing, not the Citi Bike. 

Editor’s note: The following article is an op-ed, and the views expressed are the author’s own.   Read more  opinions  on theGrio.

The internet is the kind of place where we can all collectively see the same video showing the same exact thing, and depending on what side of the debate they land on, people will fixate on different and inconsequential details to make that the debate instead of the larger issue that is the reason the video was made in the first place.

This is what is happening in the discussion about Sarah Jane Comrie, the woman who’s been dubbed “Citi Bike Karen.”

I should note that as I write this, my name is being spread across the side of Twitter that has decided that Sarah Jane Comrie is in the right. They have spread a rumor that I doxxed her (I didn’t), and they are actively soliciting people to dox me and my family members.

I’m not making this up.

I’m sharing this because it ties directly to the topic I want to discuss in this   opinion piece .

I have to stress that this is an opinion piece and not a reported news piece, but I guarantee you that even with me openly stating this is my opinion, and even with the piece being labeled “opinion” on theGrio, the side of Twitter comprised mostly of people who used to sit in the back of the classroom eating their own boogers and blowing spit bubbles are going to accuse me of defamation and say that I reported false information.

Anyway, the people sharing my tweets over and over again, foaming at the mouth over how I could be so crass as to discuss what I saw in a video that millions of other people saw as well are angrier at me for writing and talking about the video and Sarah Jane Comrie’s actions than they are at her actual actions.

This is another example of selective outrage and   selective offense .

Her lawyer’s statements in the media are meant to obfuscate the actual issue at hand. He is making it about whether or not she tried to steal a bike and whether or not she actually paid for said bike, but even he has to know on some level that’s not the real issue.

Judging by   his statements in defense of her , the employment lawyer representing Sarah Jane Comrie understands that her very loud and public outburst where she   weaponizes her tears   and begins screaming for help even when she was in no imminent danger is the issue.

People who saw that video understood exactly what Sarah Jane Comrie was doing. It was evident in the smug look you see on her face right before she began screaming for help.

Attorney Justin Marino knows that even Sarah Jane Comrie’s employer, NYC Health + Hospitals called her behavior in the video “disturbing.”

Her employer called the behavior disturbing because that is exactly what it is. Disturbing.

This was a dispute over a rental bike, but she escalated it in a way that could have caused harm to those young Black men, and we cannot lose sight of that.

She looked directly at that young man then she began screaming as if she were being attacked.

No one was attacking her. No one touched her. In fact, the only physical contact in the video came from Sarah Jane Comrie.

Sarah Jane Comrie touched the young man. She grabbed his phone. Even in the moment when she told him he was touching her “unborn fetus,” it was her leaning into his arm. He did not touch her.

Her lawyer dropped the tidbit that she is six months pregnant, and that turned the narrative into   why would a pregnant woman try to take a bike from five Black guys? 

Never mind that the same pregnant woman he claims was in such imminent danger could have walked away at any time. Never mind that plenty of people were around, and none of them seemed to think she was in any real type of danger.

What pregnant woman reaches for the telephone of a young man who is supposedly endangering her?

A pregnant woman on her worst behavior, that’s who.

The truth is, no one ruined Sarah Jane Comrie’s reputation for her. She did that herself. Her behavior is evident in that video.

Why would five young Black men attempt to rob a white woman for a Citi Bike in Midtown Manhattan in plain view of everyone? Why would they then stick around and film the interaction?

They filmed the interaction because they sensed that something wasn’t right, and they had the presence of mind to start filming so that what they did could never be called into question.

Her lawyer claims that “one or more” of those young men pushed the bike, with Sarah on it, back into the rack and prevented her from being able to leave.

That could be considered a crime, yet Sarah has not filed any police report, and her lawyer is adamant that they harbor no ill will toward those young men. He says this at the same time when his statement is written in a way that frames them as the aggressors in the situation.

His statement presumably represents what Sarah Jane Comrie told him about the incident because he wasn’t there.

That story is being presented in a statement and sent to media outlets, but not in a court of law, and that is also an important thing to note.

It’s important to note because putting that story out there does not mean that it is true or that this is the exact way things went down.

But again, from her lawyer’s standpoint, that doesn’t matter.

Her lawyer is aware of how this works. He knows that with very little effort on his part, people who are uneducated and lack media literacy will take his version of the narrative and run with it.

Her actions won’t be the topic of discussion; her being the victim will be.

We cannot let that abide.

Sarah Jane Comrie did an awful thing that day, and she, her lawyer, her employer and the people who saw that video know it.

It’s not about the bike or who paid for it.

It’s about what Sarah Jane Comrie did when she realized that young man wasn’t going to give it to her.

Her lawyer claims she paid for the bike, but not once does she say that in the video. The young man she is arguing with repeats multiple times that he paid for it, but she   never   says that. Instead, she starts screaming for help as if they were trying to murder her.

The situation could have easily been resolved, but Sarah Jane Comrie chose a different tactic.

She chose to do a thing a lot of white women before her have done — a thing that has caused the deaths of so many Black people — and that is why everyone is upset.

That is why her actions are being labeled racist.

That is why she is being called out.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @7    10 months ago

I dont agree or disagree with this, although I think the lady who wrote this has some good points.

I would like to see something more definitive on what really happened, because I dont think the video we have seen so far is it. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1    10 months ago
although I think the lady who wrote this has some good points.

You know why she wrote it. It was the specatacle of the five men surrounding and bullying a lone woman. That scene draws an immediate reaction from all quarters, but in these times especially from the left. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @7    10 months ago

One person's opinion is as good as the next one!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @7    10 months ago

Wow, what a hateful and nasty bitch she is.  

JBB
Professor Principal
7.3.1  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @7.3    10 months ago

That is why the gop thinks she is perfect!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @7.3.1    10 months ago

If she paid for the rental, why should she let someone else take it?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.3.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @7.3.1    10 months ago

How do you know that she is hateful and a nasty bitch?

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.3.4  bugsy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.3.3    10 months ago

Only one reason, Drinker...

One reason...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.3.5  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.3.3    10 months ago

Because she wouldn't let someone steal a bike she paid for, of course.

That is what passes for 'logic' around here for some folks.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.3.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Texan1211 @7.3.5    10 months ago
Because she wouldn't let someone steal a bike she paid for, of course.

That has yet to be proved and her antics were not that of an adult.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
7.3.7  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @7.3    10 months ago

[deleted]

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.3.8  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  bugsy @7.3.4    10 months ago

Maybe he assumed so since she lived in NYC.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.3.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.3.6    10 months ago
That has yet to be proved and her antics were not that of an adult.

Nothing has really been proven yet, assumptions have been made by folks not there on both actors and their antics based on the crowd’s biases.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.3.10  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.3.6    10 months ago
her antics were not that of an adult.

That's a rather judgmental comment. Do you personally know her? I don't, and I doubt many here do.

By the way, how was her behavior clownish, playful, or humorous? The video doesn't indicate that she was laughing or even smiling.

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.3.11  bugsy  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.3.8    10 months ago
Maybe he assumed so since she lived in NYC.

Yea, I think so too s/

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.3.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.3.10    10 months ago

I watched what she did and I don't think an adult behaves that way. An adult calls 911 and waits. She doesn't take a kid's phone or pretend to tearlessly cry and then stop the moment one of her peer shows up. That is my opinion.

By the way, how was her behavior clownish, playful, or humorous?

I never made that comment about her.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.3.13  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.3.9    10 months ago
Nothing has really been proven yet,

I made a point of saying that already. I made a point of also saying that there is something wrong with the whole story, so how was an assumption made? All I did was watch a video and gave an opinion on what I saw. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.3.14  Jasper2529  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.3.12    10 months ago
I never made that comment about her.

I never said you did. What I presented were synonyms for a word you did use in your comment 7.3.6 to describe her behavior ... antics .

We shall all have to wait to see how this gets resolved.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.3.15  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.3.13    10 months ago

Yes, we all feel the need to provide an opinion based on a short video without context.  It doesn't matter what the effects are on the actors, just how fast our opinions make social media.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.3.16  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.3.15    10 months ago

You seem to miss the bigger point. In this day and age, we need to be responsible for our actions. 

And please don't tell me that you never made a judgment on something you saw. It is part of human nature.

As for social media, it is a mixed blessing. I think we all have known that for a while.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.3.17  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.3.16    10 months ago
You seem to miss the bigger point. In this day and age, we need to be responsible for our actions.

Doesn't that apply to both actors?

And please don't tell me that you never made a judgment on something you saw. It is part of human nature.

My years in the military have taught me that first reports are seldom right.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.3.18  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.3.17    10 months ago
Doesn't that apply to both actors?

Of course, but I have watched the boys (they are boys) and the grown woman and I am sorry but she didn't have the right to take that boy's phone. So their behavior (on the video) was not equal.

My years in the military have taught me that first reports are seldom right.

Not seldom but often enough. I grew up as a Navy brat, so I've heard.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.3.19  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.3.18    10 months ago
Of course, but I have watched the boys (they are boys) and the grown woman 

You've watched a subset of their interaction.  It's amazes me the current need to rush to judgement.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.3.20  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @7.3.19    10 months ago
It's amazes me the current need to rush to judgement.

I watched her take a phone that was not hers. That is hardly a rush to judgment.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.3.21  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.3.14    10 months ago

you're backing yourself into a corner because you just have to have the last word and you're always right, aren't you?

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.4  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @7    10 months ago

This whole "opinion" piece is bs.

She has produced receipts that she was the legal renter of the bike.

How did she know whether she was in danger or not?

Why does she have to be the one to walk away. I can guarantee you that if the races were reversed, the black person would not back off.

How does this person know her tears were "weaponized", whatever the hell that means. Maybe she felt as if she was in danger.

It could be guaranteed that if the races were reversed, blacks and crazy white liberals would deem this a "white supremacist" moment, as this is the buzz word(s) of the day, and they parrot what they are told.

The fact remains this woman was in the right.

BTW...the Grio is the racist wing of NBC news, so it is not surprising this person would post an article on that site.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @7.4    10 months ago

I have watched the available videos and I would never say that she was, or felt like, she was in danger. It looked more like she was putting on a show.  The black guys werent threatening her, so why did she need to scream out "Help" ? 

I've seen how people act when they are physically threatened and she doesnt look like that. 

The whole story will come out sooner or later and then we will know. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @7.4.1    10 months ago

She indeed was putting on a show - she was in no danger whatsoever - she touched them - they didn't touch her.

She's a nurse too, how horrible, makes you wonder how she treats black patients - I heard that someone here is a therapist of some sort, that treats people, you have to wonder how they treat their black patients, scary.  I wonder how many black patients she has falsely accused of threatening her or attacking her?

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.4.3  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @7.4.1    10 months ago
o why did she need to scream out "Help" ? 

Because some dudes were trying to take a bike she paid for.

How do you know what she looks like when she is upset?

If the whole story shows she was really wrong, then I am man enough to admit it, but if the story is true that she had receipts, then there are a few leftists here that need to admit their being wrong.

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.4.4  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @7.4.2    10 months ago
She's a nurse too, how horrible, makes you wonder how she treats black patients - I heard that someone here is a therapist of some sort, that treats people, you have to wonder how they treat their black patients, scary.  I wonder how many black patients she has falsely accused of threatening her or attacking her?

[deleted]

Notice no question mark at the end of my comment above?

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.4.5  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @7.4.1    10 months ago
I have watched the available videos and I would never say that she was, or felt like, she was in danger.

She may not have been in any PHYSICAL danger, but she was yelling help because the bike she paid for was about to be stolen from her.

You don't know this woman so you don't know what she looks like when she feels threatened.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.4.6  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @7.4.5    10 months ago
She may not have been in any PHYSICAL danger, but she was yelling help because the bike she paid for was about to be stolen from her.

And you know that based on what? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.4.7  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @7.4.6    10 months ago
And you know that based on what? 

Because these kids were trying to take a bike that was paid for by another person.

That is stealing.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4.8  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @7.4.7    10 months ago

That's what she was doing then, stealing, the kid paid for the bike

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.4.9  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @7.4.8    10 months ago
That's what she was doing then, stealing, the kid paid for the bike

You do have proof of this bs, right.

The girl has proof in the form of a receipt, NBC news saw and verified it.

Where are the kid's receipt?

Let me help you...

None exist.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4.10  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @7.4.9    10 months ago

You do have proof of this bs, right.

bugsy
Professor Participates
7.4.11  bugsy  replied to  Tessylo @7.4.10    10 months ago

From the source that you obviously failed to read

Now, show your proof the kids had a receipt of any kind...
We will be waiting.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @7    10 months ago

Exactly, the non-racist thing to do was to have paid it forward and let the young black man use the scooter that she had rented.  What’s a twelve hour shit compared to his life experiences.  She probably feels privileged not being not because she’s white but is because educated as a PA.  

Thanks, JR you’ve convinced me that she was a way wrong racist.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @7    10 months ago

This response perfectly encapsulates how broken brained the left has become. It's literally absurd.  A pregnant nurse  has her bike stolen by teens,  is suspended from her job  and is subjected to online racist harassment.  And Crazy ass left wingers  try to rationalize blaming  her.  How dare she not react 100% correctly when being robbed!.

But we've seen this before. Racists have to racist. It's the same response as we saw to Covington minus (at least so far on this site ) openly fantasizing  about physically    assaulting the victim.   The exact same people justifying terrible behavior  and  victim blaming.  

Of course, if the races were reversed and the exact same thing happens, the teens are white supremacists assaulting a hero and it's another  example of systematic racism . It would be Trump's fault and an example of how little woman of color are valued. But she's white.  And white women are not popular among the progressives. So she deserved it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.6    10 months ago

You must be looking at a different video than the rest of the world is. She was assaulted? By who? 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8  TᵢG    10 months ago

If she has a receipt for the bike then she rented it.   

This situation is the result of things getting out of hand over a truly petty dispute.

Why her rental was disputed is unknown and no verification that the man had rented this bike has been offered in the seed.   Given the evidence thus far, she did rent the bike and should have been able to take it and ride home.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
9  Drinker of the Wry    10 months ago

I don’t know if she is a Karen or not, but it’s not hard to imagine a 6 month pregnant hospital worker coming of a 12 hour shift might get upset at someone taking the transportation she has paid for away.  Since this incident has nothing to do with her work performance the hospital overreacted by putting her on leave.  The folks here calling her names reveal more about themselves that her.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
10  afrayedknot    10 months ago

Slow day?  Slow down. Much ado about nothing. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
10.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  afrayedknot @10    10 months ago

This crowd is easily stirred up.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
11  Snuffy    10 months ago

A new twist to the story.  Ben Crump who posted the video on Twitter and made this a race issue with his tweet has deleted the post.

A prominent civil rights attorney deleted his viral tweet that attacked a female New York City hospital worker hours after her lawyer threatened defamation lawsuits in a Fox News segment against those who defamed her.

Ben Crump, who has been a lead attorney in several police brutality cases, tweeted a viral video with more than 4 million views of a verbal altercation between a pregnant New York City physician assistant and multiple young Black men before deleting it hours later after the segment aired and went viral on Twitter.

Seems a little late to CYA against a defamation lawsuit.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1  Tessylo  replied to  Snuffy @11    10 months ago

foxnews

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Snuffy @11    10 months ago
Seems a little late to CYA against a defamation lawsui

Same as Covington.  The message has gone out and was seen by millions, who've adopted it as their bible. As the leaders back away without apologizing, the drones dig in and will never, ever give an inch.  Watching people blame the kids with the literal full video available to them really taught me a lesson in how impervious to reality many of the left are.  They don't care what their eyes tell them. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.2    10 months ago

We have numerous right wingers on this seed who are claiming the black guys wanted to steal the bike.

Where the hell is that in the video? 

I do agree that many people on social media jumped to conclusions in saying the lady was racist, there is no evidence of that on the video. She was acting a little strange though. She did not appear at all scared, yet she was yelling for help and fake crying. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @11.2.1    10 months ago
Where the hell is that in the video? 

How else do you describe taking a bike someone else paid for? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.2.2    10 months ago

Is there a second video I dont know about? There is no taking of a bike in the one shown on this seed. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.2.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @11.2.3    10 months ago

Do you think she is lying? She paid for it (has proof) and the teens falsely  claimed it was theirs. What evidence do you have to show they weren't? What reasons can you imagine besides theft that a group of teenagers would falsely tell a woman that she in on their bike? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.2.4    10 months ago

A mistake? 

According to your version of what happened , they were going to steal her bike in front of witnesses and then video the crime themselves. 

There is no assault in this video. The fact that you claim there was calls your whole approach to this into deep question. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
11.2.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @11.2.3    10 months ago

Exactly, the original short video tells us all we need to know about this privileged racist.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.2.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @11.2.5    10 months ago
A mistake? 

Where's their receipt then? 

they were going to steal her bike in front of witnesses and then video the crime themselves. 

Teenagers using social media while committing crimes.  That never happens. 

A group of teens telling someone "you have my blank" is a textbook way to to intimidate someone without explicitly threatening them.  It's out of central casting.  

They want a bike, don't want to pay for it so they intimidate a weaker person into giving them one.  The scam is pretty obvious. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.2.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.2.7    10 months ago

You could be right. I wouldnt rule it out completely.  Your problem is that there is nothing like that on the video. It is just as likely that the black guy thought he had paid for the bike. 

On the video there are witnesses. In that open space there also likely cameras that picked up their faces so identifying them wouldnt have been a problem for the police. On the whole it sounds like you are finding the worst possible interpretation of this concerning the black guys. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.2.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @11.2.8    10 months ago
interpretation of this concerning the black guy

she has receipts. It was her bike.  That's indisputable. 

There's no reasonable explanation offered for the teens behavior. No easily produced  receipts indicting a genuine mistake. Former Allies who presumably have good sources of information are running as fast as they can from this. Any other interpretation is just hope and wishes at this point.

Not to mention that  even if there was a mistake you defer to the pregnant woman. That's just basic decency.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.2.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.2.9    10 months ago

You clearly want to think the worst of the black kids without any real evidence. There simply isnt enough information in this video for someone sitting at home to determine with certainty what happened. Hopefully someone will step forward to straighten this out. Maybe one of the bystanders. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Snuffy @11    10 months ago

Another CYA from a leftwinger. I give him credit for not pulling a Crump and just deleting it.  He admitted his mistake. 

The threat  of lawsuits is rattling some cages.   [ Deleted

[ ]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @11.3    10 months ago
Removed for context - sandy

Oh please. jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13  JohnRussell    10 months ago

wegotthiscovered.com   /social-media/who-is-citi-bike-karen-the-viral-citi-bike-video-explained/

Who is ‘Citi Bike Karen?’ The viral Citi Bike video, explained

7-9 minutes   5/19/2023

Citi-Bike-Karen-Twitter.png?w=1200https://wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Citi-Bike-Karen-Twitter.png?resize=564,317 564w, 640w, 150w" sizes="(max-width: 1200px) 100vw, 1200px" >

Screengrab via Twitter/@Imposter_Edits

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR 'Sebastian Stan Interview At UK Fan Event' [HD]

logo_10685.png?cbuster=1622704069

A viral confrontation between one white woman and several Black men outside a New York hospital over Mother’s Day weekend has birthed yet another heated debate about privilege, racism, and — given the details that have emerged since the incident — what I believe to be a harmful case of unconscious bias (to put it extremely lightly). 

Since the incident, Sarah Comrie, the   “Citi Bike Karen”   in the video, has been placed on leave from her nursing duties at NYC Health + Hospitals. She has retained a lawyer and insists that the viral video, which has garnered over 40 million views on   Twitter , has been taken out of context. 

But let’s stick to the facts for now, i.e. what we can see with our own eyes and the details that have emerged since, starting with what actually happened in the video.  

What happened in the viral video?

This lady tried her best to weaponize her tears, but when she realized it wasn't going to work she switched it off and acted like nothing happened.

This should be criminal.   pic.twitter.com/P1UW3gJZGf

— 🥀Imposter🥀 (@Imposter_Edits)   May 14, 2023

The viral video begins in the middle of a verbal altercation. Comrie is seen straddling a public Citi Bike dressed in scrubs while the young men around her urge the person holding the camera to “record her, record her.” Comrie, as you can see, is shouting for help. 

“Help! Help me! Please help me! Please help me! Please help me, help! Please got off me. Please get off.” 

Throughout the duration of her cries, the group of young men repeatedly tell Comrie that the bike is not hers and that they have already paid for it. “This is not your bike,” the young man closest to her says. “This is not your bike. What the f*** is going on? You know you’re not getting the bike. You’re not getting the bike.” 

Here is where things escalate, as Comrie then snatches the young man’s phone out of his hand, clearly not in the correct state of mind to comprehend that her phone is already poking out of the breast pocket of her scrubs. 

“You’re hurting my fetus,” Comrie says to the young man, to which he replies “I’m not touching you. You’re putting your stomach on my hand.” His hand is indeed latched onto the bike’s center console, which Comrie’s stomach rubs up against repeatedly, although the young man never moves his hand and he does not press or shove Comrie away. 

After half a minute of shouting for help a stranger appears behind the group asking what is going on; he, too, is dressed in scrubs. Here, Comrie immediately bursts into tears, crumbling over on herself and dropping her face into her hand. When the stranger asks why the group of young men doesn’t just reset the bike, the young man who was next to Comrie can be heard saying “This is my bike, it’s on my account. Please move… I’m not resetting the bike… It’s on my account.” 

Realizing the young men don’t intend to let up and that there is a perfectly good bike next to them, the stranger asks Comrie why she doesn’t just take that one. Here, those tears Comrie tried to exert immediately vanish and she steps away from the bike with a perfectly composed face. 

What was the public reaction to the video?

It didn’t take long at all for the video to go viral and for comparisons to be made to the 2020 “Central Park Karen” in which Amy Cooper falsely told police officers that a Black man was trying to assault her when in fact he was just birdwatching; alongside the murder of George Floyd, the video became the beating heart of discussions surrounding systematic white supremacy and racism in the United States. 

In a now-deleted Instagram post, civil rights attorney Ben Crump wrote “This is unacceptable! A white woman was caught on camera attempting to STEAL a Citi Bike from a young Black man in NYC. She grossly tried to weaponize her tears to paint this man as a threat. This is EXACTLY the type of behavior that has endangered so many Black men in the past!”

All in all, the overall consensus was one of condemnation and disgust. On the surface, it appeared as though we had yet another white person using their privilege to justify their misdeeds while potentially putting a Black person in harm’s way as a result.

Did “Citi Bike Karen” pay for the bike after all?

In the days following the viral video, more details emerged from Comrie’s lawyer suggesting that she paid for the bike after all. Initially reported by   New York Post   and corroborated by   The Independent , receipts from the altercation reportedly show Comrie’s Citi Bike account attached to the serial number of the bike in question. According to   The Independent , “the receipts capture Ms. Comrie checking out the bike, then docking it a minute later, without paying a charge.” 

Was the backlash against “Citi Bike Karen” warranted?

In the age of social media and the 24-hour news cycle, headline-catching incidents such as this make their way to the public’s attention long before all the facts are collected, let alone released. As it turns out, Comrie did reportedly pay for the bike, and the people who called her a Karen have been dragged over the coals for jumping to conclusions. 

Indeed, the incident highlights a pervasive problem with journalism at the moment, one that is made muddier by the dominance of social media in our daily lives; a problem that favors clicks and views at whatever stage of development over the whole truth, which winds up prematurely shaping societal opinions whether or not it is merited. Or, at least, that is the opinion of this writer. 

With all that said, it is hard to ignore Comrie’s behavior in the viral video. Facts or not, her reaction is — as her employer pointed out upon her suspension — “disturbing.” There’s no way to know for sure whether she would’ve acted the same had she been surrounded by young white men instead young Black men. Would she have felt the need to shout for help as though her life were in danger? Would she have resorted to tears at the sight of the nearest friendly (white) face? 

Racism is a charged word, one that can immediately rub someone the wrong way. But it’s not nearly as dangerous as the violent acts committed against Black people and other persons of color; acts that have a historical precedent of being spawned from situations such as these, in which one white lady is not only given the benefit of the doubt against her Black aggressor, but then used as a vehicle for retribution.  

Like the underlying issue at hand, the opinions about the “Citi Bike Karen” incident are split, with parts of the population using the revelation of Comrie’s receipts as proof of counter-racism and trigger-happy “cancel culture,” while other parts of the population can’t erase from their minds the image of a white woman crying for help from Black men who are quite literally standing still and doing nothing to harm her.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @13    10 months ago
With all that said, it is hard to ignore Comrie’s behavior in the viral video. Facts or not, her reaction is — as her employer pointed out upon her suspension — “disturbing.” There’s no way to know for sure whether she would’ve acted the same had she been surrounded by young white men instead young Black men. Would she have felt the need to shout for help as though her life were in danger? Would she have resorted to tears at the sight of the nearest friendly (white) face? 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @13.1    10 months ago

Exactly, very disturbing.  At the least she should be barred from ever medically treating black people or maybe any people at all.  This PA should get out of the people service industry.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @13.1.1    10 months ago

[Deleted]

I think we get whatever point it is you think you are making. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
13.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @13.1.2    10 months ago

[Deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
13.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @13.1    10 months ago
Would she have felt the need to shout for help as though her life were in danger?

You sound like Tucker Carlson. Not very white of her to get emotional when her way home is stolen, right? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @13.1.4    10 months ago

Maybe some one will sue you. 

What is your evidence that they were going to steal the bike?

As for her getting emotional, lol. She was crying without tears. 

Give it a rest. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @13.1.4    10 months ago
Not very white of her to get emotional when her way home is stolen, right? 

Watch the video. There is a bike right next to her. Also, as her stub showed she had paid $0.00 for a bike that she tried to RENT (so not stolen). Every day in NY the same thing happens with cabs.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.1.6    10 months ago
There is a bike right next to her.

With a male hand firmly gripping it.

JumpDrive
Freshman Silent
13.2  JumpDrive  replied to  JohnRussell @13    10 months ago

I watched the video and I think it's simply very bad acting (as her employer pointed out upon her suspension — "disturbing"). Then I saw the following in your post:

“the receipts capture Ms. Comrie checking out the bike, then docking it a minute later, without paying a charge.”

The video in longer than a minute and since docking the bike locks it back into the stand, someone else had unlock it. Undoubtedly the kid. Based on her and the kid's behavior, she set this up. He rented the bike and she got on it. The comparison with the Central Park Karen seems accurate.