╌>

Chris Cuomo Reveals He Is Willing to Vote for Donald Trump Over Joe Biden in 2024

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  robert-in-ohio  •  3 months ago  •  135 comments

Chris Cuomo Reveals He Is Willing to Vote for Donald Trump Over Joe Biden in 2024
"I don't think there's any greater risk to America with him than with Biden.", Chris Cuomo

During his time with CN, there was no more ardent anti-Trump talk show host (notice I did not say journalist because well it is CNN) than Chris Cuomo.  Now it seems that he thinks that Biden is just not any better or that Trump is not any worse than Biden - either way it is interesting reading.

Like so many Americans, Cuomo is just undecided about who he will vote for in November

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

However, the former anchor recently admitted that he is willing to vote for Trump over President Joe Biden in the upcoming 2024 elections. As per  The Washington Free Beacon , while appearing on Patrick Bet-David's PBD Podcast Cuomo stated: "If it's Biden-Trump, look, for me—again, we survived a Trump administration. Would we survive another one? Yes, yes." 

Cuomo continued: "I don't think there's any greater risk to America with him than with Biden. And for people who are now gonna attack me and say, 'What are you talking about? Trump is, like, this crazy man,' Look, you know, as Patrick says, the data's the data. Nobody was trying to kill us when Trump was president in a way that they're not now." He went on to add further. "If anything there's more hostility," Cuomo continued. "I'm just saying, existentially, I'm not afraid of a Trump presidency. I'm not afraid of another Biden presidency because, unlike many people in America, I believe that the country is much stronger than any individual leader."

The political journalist continued, saying that the nation "survived" issues like "the Russia thing," "Jan. 6," and "having Biden as a gaffe machine." "We survived these things," he said. "Are we better for it? No. Should we be doing things differently? Yes. I think it happens. I don't know when; I don't even know why. But, you know, in terms of who I'm going to vote for, I would have to see where we are at that moment in time." 

Red Box Rules

I would like a civil discussion, without vitriol, but this is NewsTalkers so who am I kidding.

Attack Trump, Attack Biden, Attack Third Party Candidates but try and not attack each other

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Robert in Ohio    3 months ago

Chris Cuomo said what a lot of Americans are thinking

"The political journalist continued, saying that the nation "survived" issues like "the Russia thing," "Jan. 6," and "having Biden as a gaffe machine." "We survived these things," he said. "Are we better for it? No. Should we be doing things differently? Yes. I think it happens. I don't know when; I don't even know why. But, you know, in terms of who I'm going to vote for, I would have to see where we are at that moment in time."

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  Robert in Ohio @1    3 months ago

Chris is more than likely still pissed that he was canned by CNN, so.....

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @1.1    3 months ago

Exactly, that would make anyone to turn to Trump,

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @1    3 months ago

Wow, talk about decisive!  lol

Why doesn't he just admit that he's going to vote for the former 'president' traitor?

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
1.2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    3 months ago

Maybe because he is hoping for a miracle and joe does something worthy of his vote.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    3 months ago

BOTH SIDES BABY !

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 months ago

Yes. There is always two sides. Live with it

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1    3 months ago

There are very few people in this world that Trump wouldnt be a worse choice than. Get that through your head. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    3 months ago

That is your opinion, nothing more. Get that through your head.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.2    3 months ago

Is Biden worse than Trump or vice-versa?

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.4  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.3    3 months ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.4    3 months ago

Seems rather a waste of time to mindlessly quibble over degree when they both suck.

Maybe Biden can use it for his campaign slogan-'

"Not as Bad as the Other Guy"

How proud Democrats must be.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.6  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.5    3 months ago

Totally agree.  " Vote Biden, he is the lesser of two evils " bumper stickers would look good.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.6    3 months ago

Sadly, Biden will be the choice of many, some are loyal Democrats and others are just voting against Trump even though they know how Biden has performed and are scared.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.7    3 months ago

lol

We are not the ones who are scared

lmfao!

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.9  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.7    3 months ago

Someone like Cuomo saying he doesn't buy into the "end of democracy " reason to vote for biden must make some folks on the left nervous. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.8    3 months ago

Yes. many are terrified of Trump.

Denial is futile.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.9    3 months ago
Someone like Cuomo saying he doesn't buy into the "end of democracy " reason to vote for biden must make some folks on the left nervous. 

Well, of course they are getting nervous. They might be slowly recognizing that the usual fear tactics aren't working as well since more folks aren't sheep now.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.10    3 months ago

Terrified if the big fat pig fell on me, but otherwise, no, what's to be afraid of from the bully, coward, traitor?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.12    3 months ago

Your rather colorful and incessant name calling certainly says something different.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
2.1.14  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.4    3 months ago

"They Both Suck"

Totally agree

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2.1.14    3 months ago

It appears really hard for partisans to recognize that.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.16  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.4    3 months ago

Yes they are both bad, that was not the question.

Your little meme implies that you think they are equally bad for the nation.   That they are equivalent. 

You seriously cannot determine a difference between them?   If your life depended on it, you would not be able to identify which is worst for the nation?

Bullshit!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.16    3 months ago

Since he has already expressed clearly that he isn't voting for either one of the clowns, what possible difference could it make to him which clown is worse?

The mere fact that you are asking which is worse instead of who is better for the country speaks volumes.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.18  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.17    3 months ago
The mere fact that you are asking which is worse instead of who is better for the country speaks volumes.

Explain that nonsense.   Given they are both bad for the nation, which is worse between two people is equivalent to which is better.  

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.20  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.16    3 months ago

Who is worse when neither is acceptable is a ridiculous bulshit question.  As is "if your life depended on it" hypothetical bullshit. To quote cuomo "I don't think there's any greater risk to America with him than with Biden.

If you don't like the answer I suggest you find someone that thinks like you do.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.18    3 months ago

I have explained my point many times to you specifically.

I think that I will vote for someone and others can vote against someone.

I know which way gets different results.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.22  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.20    3 months ago

So your answer is that they are identically bad.    Cannot see any difference whatsoever.   

Ridiculous.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.23  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.22    3 months ago

I know what I said. I know what I meant. I am not going to let you use pretzel logic to try and get me to defend something I never said.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.24  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.21    3 months ago
I know which way gets different results.

I doubt it. 

Although I would love to have a choice (e.g. Haley), it appears inevitable that the next PotUS will be either Biden or Trump.

People can not vote or they can vote for someone else.   Does not matter in 2024.   The decision for the next PotUS will be made by those casting votes for/against those two.

Voting one's conscience feels good and in the very long term it might have some effect.   As I noted early on, if Trump does not have a chance to win then I will also vote for who I want.   That would be much preferable than using my vote to help keep Trump out of the presidency.

You have the right to let others decide the presidency in 2024.   I will use my vote the best way I can to stop Trump because he is an order of magnitude worse than Biden.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.26  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.23    3 months ago

You refuse to answer a simple question:   which of the two (Biden or Trump) is worse for the nation.  

There is no pretzel logic, just you (yet again) refusing to commit to a position.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.24    3 months ago
I doubt it.

What you doubt doesn't interest or concern me in the least.

Although I would love to have a choice (e.g. Haley), it appears inevitable that the next PotUS will be either Biden or Trump.

People can not vote or they can vote for someone else.   Does not matter in 2024.   The decision for the next PotUS will be made by those casting votes for/against those two.

Voting one's conscience feels good and in the very long term it might have some effect.   As I noted early on, if Trump does not have a chance to win then I will also vote for who I want.   That would be much preferable than using my vote

Your position has been clear all along to me. I in good conscience cannot vote for someone I KNOW is bad. Just seems like a waste and a stupid thing to do, voting for failure, to ME.

You have the right to let others decide the presidency in 2024.   I will use my vote the best way I can to stop Trump because he is an order of magnitude worse than Biden.

I will be voting as you will. That isn't letting anyone do a damn thing, that comment is flat out wrong.

If you think voting for a man you admit is bad is wise, then thats all on you.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.28  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.26    3 months ago

Who is worse when neither is acceptable is a ridiculous bulshit question. As is "if your life depended on it" hypothetical bullshit. 

I know what I said. I know what I meant. I am not going to let you use pretzel logic to try and get me to defend something I never said

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.29  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.26    3 months ago

You refuse to answer a simple question

In 2.1.22 you state "So your answer is that they are identically bad.    Cannot see any difference whatsoever.   "

So I refuse to answer but you tell me my answer. That is nothing less than trolling. If you continue to troll me I will flag your comment.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.30  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.3    3 months ago

Yes, and for lots of reasons.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.31  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.16    3 months ago
"If your life depended on it, you would not be able to identify which is worst for the nation?"
On the contrary, Biden is currently the worst alleged "leader" in US history, with no chance of improvement.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.32  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.27    3 months ago
If you think voting for a man you admit is bad is wise, then thats all on you.

You continue to misrepresent my position.    Do you not understand it or is this just malicious?

I would like to vote for Nikki Haley.   I am supporting her campaign and think she would be a good PotUS.   Plus, she would help the very sick GOP start recovering from its Trump infection.

But I do not believe I will have the opportunity to vote for her.   Indeed, none of us will have a realistic chance to vote for a candidate that we want who has any chance to win in 2024 unless one wants Biden or Trump.

Either Biden or Trump will be PotUS.   Trump is an order of magnitude worse for this nation, thus I will use my vote the most effective way against Trump.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.33  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.31    3 months ago

My question was easy to understand and for those who are able to commit to a position, it was easy enough to answer.

You just demonstrated that.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.34  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.32    3 months ago
You continue to misrepresent my position.   

No, I did not. You want Haley and would vote for her IF she was the GOP nominee, but you will end up voting for Biden if it is Trump vs. Biden. If that is not your position, please state it clearly for once and for all. And if that IS your position, you should retract your comment and apologize to me as I have amply demonstrated to you and everyone else that I understand what your position is.

I will use MY vote for someone who I think can do a good job and isn't bad like Trump and Biden.

I personally see zero point in voting for someone who is an admitted failure.

I want the country to be successful. I don't see that happening with Biden or Trump and won't be party to voting for failure.

To each their own, I guess.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.35  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.34    3 months ago

Yeah, you know damn well what you do.   You try to portray my position as one where I want Biden as PotUS.   

You just now accurately portrayed my position.   This is a rarity.

I will use MY vote for someone who I think can do a good job and isn't bad like Trump and Biden.

But you realize that whoever you vote for will not have any chance of getting that job.    You do realize that, right?

So you can claim that you voted your conscience and I do indeed appreciate that since if Trump has no realistic chance of winning I will ALSO be voting my conscience.    But I would be doing it for the strategic purpose of helping in the long-term hopeful growth of a viable third party.

In other words, I know that with Haley out of the race, anyone I want to vote for will NOT WIN.   So I weigh that conscientious but totally wasted vote against using it to instead help stop Trump from becoming PotUS. 

It is obvious, for me, that I should use my vote to help stop Trump rather than let it be simply academic.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.36  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.35    3 months ago
Yeah, you know damn well what you do.   You try to portray my position as one where I want Biden as PotUS.

I'll take that as your admission that I accurately described your position in post 2.1.34.

I will reiterate, I understand your position as wanting Haley but will vote for Biden if it is Trump vs. Biden. Again, if that isn't accurate, explain what your position is. This claiming I am not accurate in my posts is silly. 

But you realize that whoever you vote for will not have any chance of getting that job.    You do realize that, right?

Of course. Don't treat me as if I am stupid.

It is obvious, for me, that I should use my vote to help stop Trump rather than let it be simply academic.

To each their own.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.37  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.36    3 months ago
I'll take that as your admission that I accurately described your position in post 2.1.34.

You seem to be dying for an admission ... even to the point of ignoring clear statements by me.   What you should do is read my comment since I made this clear:

TiG @2.1.35You just now accurately portrayed my position.   This is a rarity.

Amazing that it is right there and you 'cannot' see it.

Normally you leave out my qualifications.  This time, surprisingly, you did not.   Maybe Robert is a good influence on you.

Of course. Don't treat me as if I am stupid.

Then you realize that you will be letting others make the decision and your vote will make no difference whatsoever in 2024.

The problem, Texan, is that you are criticizing those of us who, if the circumstances are as we expect, will step up and make a decision.   I have told you that I understand voting conscience and that I would do the same if Trump had no realistic chance.   But you, in contrast, spend your time attempting to ridicule those who are going to step up to the plate in 2024.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.37    3 months ago
Then you realize that you will be letting others make the decision and your vote will make no difference whatsoever in 2024.

I consider I am not letting others make the decision. I am far more concerned about my own vote being for someone I think will do a good job. This "no difference" line is strange to me. To me, that's like telling people who don't vote for the winner that their votes don't matter. I consider that notion ridiculous. If you feel differently, then we can agree to disagree.

The problem, Texan, is that you are criticizing those of us who, if the circumstances are as we expect, will step up and make a decision.

Nope, that is completely false. I have said what I would vote for, and the reasons why. Go back and read my posts again to prove it to yourself.

It is you criticizing, so don't get it twisted.

We ALL made decisions.

But you, in contrast, spend your time attempting to ridicule those who are going to step up to the plate in 2024.

Utter bullshit.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
2.1.39  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    3 months ago

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
2.1.40  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.16    3 months ago

Your little meme implies that you think they are equally bad for the nation.   That they are equivalent. 

You seriously cannot determine a difference between them?   If your life depended on it, you would not be able to identify which is worst for the nation?

We shouldn't have to choose the lesser of two evils.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
2.1.41  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.33    3 months ago

Voting against something rather than for something is sacrificing your integrity

I feel the same way about the two major party candidates - they are both bad for the nation and I am not interested in voting for someone that is bad for the nation, even if they are not quite as bad as they other guy.

I will be voting for a third party candidate or writing in a name

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.42  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2.1.41    3 months ago

Voting for a third-party candidate or writing in a name is sacrificing your integrity.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.43  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2.1.39    3 months ago

Nah, it's republican'ts who SUCK BIG TIME.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.44  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2.1.40    3 months ago

It's childish and immature and not true.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.45  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.16    3 months ago

I heartily concur with your last statement.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.46  Texan1211  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2.1.39    3 months ago

EXACTLY.

Which is precisely why I refuse to vote for either under any circumstances. I will not be party to returning known failures to power for any reason.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.47  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.32    3 months ago

. . .malicious . . . . 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.48  TᵢG  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2.1.41    3 months ago
Voting against something rather than for something is sacrificing your integrity

Explain that insult.   

If the major nominees are Trump and Biden, then one of those two will be PotUS.   If I find that one of them is an order of magnitude worse and never should be allowed access to the presidency, how exactly am I sacrificing my integrity by using my vote to help ensure he is not elected?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.49  TᵢG  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2.1.40    3 months ago
We shouldn't have to choose the lesser of two evils.

Life is not fair.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.50  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.48    3 months ago
Explain that insult.   

No insult, just his opinion, one I happen to share.

For obvious reasons detailed on these pages earlier.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.51  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.38    3 months ago
Utter bullshit.

You deride using our vote to help ensure Trump does not gain access to the presidency as a stupid thing to do.   (Among other things.)  

Texan@2.1.27I in good conscience cannot vote for someone I KNOW is bad. Just seems like a waste and a stupid thing to do, voting for failure, to ME.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.52  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.50    3 months ago

Sacrificing my integrity?   My personal integrity?   

How, exactly, is using my vote to help ensure a traitor (and potentially convicted felon) who is a demonstrated narcissist willing to circumvent the CotUS and violate the foundation of democracy — the vote of the electorate — sacrificing my integrity?

Seems to me that I would be irresponsible if I did not act against Trump (if Trump has a realistic chance to win).

You seem to think there is no difference in bad between Biden and Trump, whereas I see (quite clearly) that Trump is an order of magnitude worse for the nation.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.53  Vic Eldred  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2.1.41    3 months ago

Bob, you have strived to be non-partisan and do what is right. I do have to ask you this question:

Which side of the spectrum has given you the most agony?

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.54  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.42    3 months ago

How so?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.55  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.46    3 months ago
I will not be party to returning known failures to power for any reason.

One of them will likely be elected no matter what you do.   You can help influence this or not.   

It is not credible that you see no difference between these two ... that you really do not care which is elected ... that they are equally bad for the nation.   These two are in no way equivalent.   Not in policy, presidential demeanor, integrity, credibility, etc.    So you can let others decide and vote your conscience or you can help minimize the damage.   

If Trump has a chance to win, I am using my vote to minimize the damage.   To me that is a rational, reasonable, and patriotic thing to do.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.56  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.53    3 months ago

There is a question of party and the question of the presidency.

I would separate the two.   

Further, one can always take the position of an independent and evaluate each candidate on their merits and then vote regardless of party.   

And if one's focus is on coarse party power, one can vote for only GOP in Congress and as judges.   One is not required to vote for Trump too.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.57  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.56    3 months ago

Would Joe Manchin be worth a vote?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.58  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.51    3 months ago

you vote how you wish, no one is stopping you and others are free to criticize your reasons as you are criticizing my reasons.

See how that works both ways?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.59  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.52    3 months ago
Sacrificing my integrity?   My personal integrity?   

Yes, that is my personal opinion of your stance.

Please cease pretending you know what I think about the two and instead read my comments. I have clearly and often stated I won't vote for either AND the reasons why.

I have been very clear, so no use playing that game on me.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.60  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.55    3 months ago
One of them will likely be elected no matter what you do.   You can help influence this or not. 

As one of them will likely be elected no matter what YOU do, too. 

Or what ANYONE does.

I am not pretending my single vote or anyone else's will determine the election.

I feel I will be able to be proud knowing I had no part in returning either assclown to office.

That seems much more patriotic to me vs. voting for one of them for any reasons.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
2.1.61  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.60    3 months ago
I feel I will be able to be proud knowing I had no part in returning either assclown to office.

Amen

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.62  JBB  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.56    3 months ago

MAGA will not accept Trump has lost The Independents...

Trump's trolls nor his spin will never win them back again!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.63  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.57    3 months ago

Only if there was a chance for him to win.   Stopping Trump is more important than voting for who I would prefer.

Joe Manchin is also too old;  I would prefer someone 45-65 or so.    However I believe Manchin would do a better job than Biden and almost anyone is better than Trump.

I would prefer Nikki Haley.

I would prefer Tim Walz.

I would prefer Chris Sununu.

But it would seem that we are all yet again stuck with Biden v Trump.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.64  TᵢG  replied to  JBB @2.1.62    3 months ago

Hopefully.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.1.65  charger 383  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.26    3 months ago

2.1.26 was responded to twice by member addressed 18 hours ago.  Flag of 40 minutes ago is dismissed.  Also, 2.1.26 did not violate any rules. 

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
2.1.66  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.57    3 months ago

Would Joe Manchin be worth a vote?

Yes

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.67  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.1.9    3 months ago

It is. . . somewhat "comforting" (qualified) that somebody thinks the democracy will contain the ravenous wolf that is "Were(wolf)." It's good to keep hope alive. Now, let's go win the election for the best in leader possible to get.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.68  CB  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.33    3 months ago

These. . . people. . . on the right are always dreaming up (new) schemes to press upon and into the public. They WILL vote for Donald Trump and they are gaslighting NTers who can be done so (you 99.9 can not be gaslighted to my mind) into PARALYING their vote this November or just not voting for the two at all. Thus, Trump wins due to voter paralysis. :)

There is nothing more disgusting to me than diabolical minds thinking diabolically all the time. You can never trust. . . some people. 

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.69  CB  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.55    3 months ago

It's propaganda. . .It's gaslighting anybody "they" can. . .It's a SUCKER is born every day. . .

Of course, MAGAs will support MAGA and TRUMP is the face of MAGA.

What is incredulous to "watch" is MAGAs "going to town" of you (of all people you are one who can see an invisible shovel in the hands of bull-pilers) with questionable, limited, and poorly prepped 'tools' of persuasion.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.70  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @2.1.63    3 months ago

A lot can happen in 10 months

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.71  Tessylo  replied to  Robert in Ohio @2.1.66    3 months ago

No, he's corrupt and a DINO.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.72  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.70    3 months ago

Indeed.   Bad and good.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
2.2  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  JohnRussell @2    3 months ago

John

I thought you would get a kick out this article jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    3 months ago

Dang, looks like Chris had an epiphany and actually looked at Biden!

Amazing!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4  TᵢG    3 months ago

I would love to hear the answer to this question:

Chris, if Trump is convicted of a felony, would you vote for him for PotUS?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @4    3 months ago

That is the democrat strategy. Hang a conviction on Trump and win another term for the radical left.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    3 months ago

Could be.   But Trump gave them substantially more than enough rope to hang him.

What is the GOP strategy?   Seems like it is:  to hell with decent candidates like Nikki Haley, let's put the irresponsible, irrational, narcissistic traitor back in office.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.1    3 months ago
What is the GOP strategy?   Seems like it is:  to hell with decent candidates like Nikki Haley, let's put the irresponsible, irrational, narcissistic traitor back in office.

That is evident. It is time to stop trying to persuade these people. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    3 months ago

Certainly, there is no point trying to persuade anyone who would vote for Trump.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.3    3 months ago

Or for Biden.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.4    3 months ago

There is no comparison between the two.   Trump is an order of magnitude worse than Biden.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
4.1.6  Right Down the Center  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    3 months ago
It is time to stop trying to persuade these people.

Good choice, everyone wins.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
4.1.7  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.4    3 months ago

If they can't see how dangerous biden is by now trying to point it out or reason with them is a waste of time.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.5    3 months ago

Strawman.

My post suggested nothing of the sort.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.7    3 months ago

That most certainly rings true.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
4.1.10  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.5    3 months ago
There is no comparison between the two.   Trump is an order of magnitude worse than Biden.

Almost seems like you compared them and came to a conclusion that in your opinion Trump is an order of magnitude worse than Biden.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.10    3 months ago

[deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.12  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.8    3 months ago

Hold off on calling something a strawman until an actual strawman argument is made:

TiG@4.1.3Certainly, there is no point trying to persuade anyone who would vote for Trump.   

Texan@4.1.4 ☞ Or for Biden

TiG@4.1.5 ☞ There is no comparison between the two.   Trump is an order of magnitude worse than Biden.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.13  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.10    3 months ago
Almost seems like you compared them and came to a conclusion that in your opinion Trump is an order of magnitude worse than Biden.

You do not understand the meaning of the idiom "no comparison between"  or "no comparing"?:

If you say there is no comparison between one thing and another, you mean that you think the first thing is much better than the second , or very different from it. 

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
4.1.14  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.13    3 months ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.12    3 months ago

Nah, I'll stand by my post.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
4.1.16  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.13    3 months ago

I will stand by my post

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.17  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.1    3 months ago

IMO the concern about putting Trump back in office is exceeded by the concern about the quality of the voters who would put him there. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.16    3 months ago

As you should.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.19  TᵢG  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.17    3 months ago

It is disturbing that there are so many who will actually vote for that irresponsible, narcissistic traitor.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.20  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.5    3 months ago

You refuse to admit how bad Biden has been for the nation. Reelecting him would just continue the destruction of our representative republic. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.20    3 months ago

He has admitted Biden is bad.

Reelecting him would just continue the destruction of our representative republic. 

Exactly right.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.22  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.19    3 months ago

To you perhaps, but not to millions of rational, sane, normal people.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.23  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.20    3 months ago
You refuse to admit how bad Biden has been for the nation. R

I think, Greg, I have told you plenty of times now that I do not want to see Biden as PotUS.   Unfortunately it is very likely going to be him or Trump.   There is no comparing the two;  Trump is an order of magnitude worse.

Out of curiosity, if Trump is convicted of a felony, I expect you will still vote for him.   True?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.24  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.21    3 months ago
He has admitted Biden is bad.

I have stated that Biden is bad.   I have not had to admit anything, my position was declared voluntarily.

I have also stated that Trump is an order of magnitude worse.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.25  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.22    3 months ago
To you perhaps, but not to millions of rational, sane, normal people.

Well I am hoping that there are more irrational, insane, abnormal people like me out there in the general.   196

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.24    3 months ago
I have stated that Biden is bad.   I have not had to admit anything, my position was declared voluntarily.

Semantics.

I have also stated that Trump is an order of magnitude worse.

Yes, your opinion has been noted many, many times now.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.23    3 months ago
Out of curiosity, if Trump is convicted of a felony, I expect you will still vote for him.   True?

If Biden is found to have received benefits from Hunter's businesses, but remains in office, or gets us into a war, will you vote for him if it is Trump vs. Biden?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.28  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.27    3 months ago

I have told you repeatedly that if Biden is shown to have done acts that come close to what Trump has done, I will absolutely revise my position accordingly.   

If it really becomes a crap shoot (which it most certainly is NOT right now) then that would mean my vote is wasted already and I might as well use it for long-term strategic purpose.

But that is not the situation.   Trump is an order of magnitude worse than Biden.   Unless that changes, it is obvious that one should use one's vote to prevent Trump (the worst by far) from becoming PotUS.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.28    3 months ago
I have told you repeatedly that if Biden is shown to have done acts that come close to what Trump has done, I will absolutely revise my position accordingly.

Instead of telling me something you claim you have told me repeatedly, why not just answer what was asked in post 4.1.27?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.30  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.29    3 months ago

As usual, I answer your question and you pretend I did not.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.31  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.30    3 months ago
As usual, I answer your question and you pretend I did not.  

I asked very specific questions.

Here: 4.1.27 If Biden is found to have received benefits from Hunter's businesses, but remains in office, or gets us into a war, will you vote for him if it is Trump vs. Biden?

Your response:  4.1.28 I have told you repeatedly that if Biden is shown to have done acts that come close to what Trump has done, I will absolutely revise my position accordingly.

"Revising your position" tells me absolutely nothing and doesn't even come close to actually answering the question.

I pretended nothing.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.32  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.31    3 months ago
"Revising your position" tells me absolutely nothing and doesn't even come close to actually answering the question.

My position depends on the specifics.   I have a very good idea of how Trump did and will use the power of the presidency in violation of his oath of office.   You offer a vague scenario of Biden "received benefits" from Hunter and ask if that would change my position.   Until I know specifics, your question is too vague to answer other than to say that it could indeed change my position.

If Biden gets us into a war, it depends on the specifics.   A PotUS entering into a war is not ipso facto wrong.    Specifics matter.   It could change my position, there is no way to know without the details.

You put forth vague conditions and expect me to come up with a specific answer.

You are playing yet another low-grade game.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.33  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.32    3 months ago

As stated, your answer lacked specifics and thus was a nonresponsive answer at best.

Claiming I am playing games is rather silly, as anyone reading can tell.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.34  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.33    3 months ago

You asked a vague question which I answered best I could and you then repeatedly demand a specific answer.   That is a dishonest game.

I gave you the best answer I could given the lack of specificity.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.35  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.34    3 months ago
You asked a vague question which I answered best I could and you then repeatedly demand a specific answer.   That is a dishones

The question is clear and still unanswered. Why not just answer instead of saying it is vague?

Will you vote for Biden if it is Biden vs. Trump if it is found he profited from his son's business?

I can't be much more specific and look forward to a simple yes or no answer at last.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1.36  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.34    3 months ago

[]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.37  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.35    3 months ago

That is not a yes or no question.

What did Biden do to profit?   Did he violate the CotUS?   Did he break a law?  Did he commit treason?  What are the specific circumstances?

Your question is vague.   

Think like a juror making a decision.   The specific charges, evidence, and arguments matter.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.37    3 months ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.39  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.38    3 months ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.40  Texan1211  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.39    3 months ago

[deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.41  CB  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.7    3 months ago

MAGAs are coalescing around Donald (x 3). 

CB
Professor Principal
4.1.42  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.20    3 months ago

The interesting thing about Biden that is over and above Trump at all times is I can eat your breakfast, lunch, and dinner without him being on my television screen all day long. Four more years of seeing Trump every day (as dear Leader) would be a bad indicator of my approaching old age.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @4    3 months ago

Of course, he would!  He's not fooling anyone, He'll be voting for the former 'president' no matter what,

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
4.2.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    3 months ago

Why would he have any desire to fool someone? 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.2  TᵢG  replied to  Tessylo @4.2    3 months ago

I do not think Chris Cuomo is going to vote for Trump.   And especially if Trump is a convicted felon.

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.3  CB  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.2    3 months ago

There is something going on with Chris Cuomo since entering News Nation. It could be that he and eventually Don Lemon's (with what can be perceived as 'desertion' of  him as a friend) abrupt dismissals from CNN and the unceremonious removal of Chris' brother as New York state governor may have accumulated to turn OFF Chris to liberals—if he felt deserted by his friends and. . . old network. (I've seen it happen to people before.)

So yes, I can see Chris Cuomo 'plowing' ground for Trump. . . stranger things have happened as we are "welcomed to the new age."

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.2.4  TᵢG  replied to  CB @4.2.3    3 months ago

It makes no sense to me.   Even if Chris is turned off by the left, I see him going to Haley.   The idea that he would (honestly) support a traitor like Trump given all he has done just does not make logical sense.

CB
Professor Principal
4.2.5  CB  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.4    3 months ago

There is one more observation to mention: Chris Cuomo is friend with Bill O'Reilly even has him on CUOMO on a weekly basis (the last time I was around News Nation- it's been a 'minute'). O'Reilly still carries Trump's 'water' as I understand it.

That said, maybe the political guardrails will hold once again. . . . Watch this space. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.6  Tessylo  replied to  TᵢG @4.2.2    3 months ago

You may be correct,

George
Junior Expert
5  George    3 months ago

Wow, it appears that Biden is so bad Goebbels won’t even lie about him anymore.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
6  Mark in Wyoming     3 months ago

Took one look at that political cartoon and my drink went everywhere, Biden depicted as a Ballchinian.....

What's really got to hurt though is a member of a SECOND well know democratic political family dynasty, ( the Kennedys and now the Cuomo's ) has dared to speak against the presumptive leader of the party....

Oh the humanity....

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
7  seeder  Robert in Ohio    3 months ago

Well I thought a couple of folks would get a good laugh, that there would be a little arguing but there were a lot of good points made and people had a little fun with the article.

My job here is done

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
7.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Robert in Ohio @7    3 months ago

Thanks.  I have to wonder if leaving CNN gave Chris the opportunity to think for himself.  

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
7.1.1  seeder  Robert in Ohio  replied to  Right Down the Center @7.1    3 months ago

I see him occasionally on Nes Nation - not quite as boldly assertive as he used to be, just tells the story rather than telling you what to think about the story.

You know the way a journalist is supposed to jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png