╌>

Biden Tells Americans to ‘Never Forget’ Hamas October 7th Atrocities, Denounces Rising Antisemitism on Campuses

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  2 weeks ago  •  21 comments

By:   By DAVID ZIMMERMANN

Biden Tells Americans to ‘Never Forget’ Hamas October 7th Atrocities, Denounces Rising Antisemitism on Campuses
President Joe Biden implored Americans to “never forget” the atrocities that Hamas committed against Israel on October 7 and denounced the rise of antisemitism on college campuses

Photo credit: President Joe Biden addresses rising levels of antisemitism, during a speech at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum’s Annual Days of Remembrance ceremony in Washington, D.C., May 7, 2024. (Evelyn Hockstein/Reuters)

Important Related Articles:

1. Hillary Clinton Slams Anti-Israel Protests On College Campuses, Says Students Have Been Fed Propaganda

1. Sheryl Sandberg's New Documentary: Hamas' Mass Sexual Violence

2.. A must-watch documentary. # ScreamsBeforeSilence sheds light on the unspeakable sexual violence committed on October 7. As heartbreaking as these stories in the documentary are, we cannot afford to look away.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

While delivering a speech in remembrance of the Holocaust’s six million Jewish victims, President Joe Biden implored Americans to “never forget” the atrocities that Hamas committed against Israel on October 7 and denounced the rise of antisemitism on college campuses across the U.S.

“Never again, simply translated for me means never forget,” Biden told his audience on Tuesday at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C. “We must keep telling the story. We must keep teaching the truth. We must keep teaching our children and our grandchildren. The truth is we’re at risk of people not knowing the truth.”

“Here we are, not 75 years later, but just 7 ½ months later, and people are already forgetting. They’re already forgetting that Hamas unleashed this terror,” he said of Hamas’s October 7 attack that left about 1,200 Israelis dead. “I have not forgotten, nor have you. And we will not forget.”

The president’s latest statement of support for Israel and Jews comes days after he condemned antisemitism and other forms of hatred seen in anti-Israel protests on college campuses in recent weeks. Biden directly addressed the campus protests on Thursday, saying protesters have a “right to protest, but not a right to cause chaos” under the law. Before that, he largely delegated his spokespeople to comment on the matter.

In his Tuesday speech, he called again for peaceful protests and stated that destruction of campus property is unacceptable

“It’s against the law, and we’re not a lawless country. We’re a civil society. We uphold the rule of law, and no one should have to hide or be brave just to be themselves,” he said, referring to Jews targeted by pro-Palestinian sympathizers.

Earlier Tuesday, the White House announced new action steps to combat antisemitism on college campuses and in the nation at large.

The president was joined by House speaker Mike Johnson (R., La.) and House minority leader Hakeem Jeffries (D., N.Y.), both of whom gave impassioned speeches about U.S. support for Israel and the rise of antisemitism

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    2 weeks ago

While delivering a speech in remembrance of the Holocaust’s six million Jewish victims, President  Joe Biden  implored Americans to “never forget” the atrocities that Hamas committed against Israel on October 7 and denounced the rise of antisemitism on college campuses across the U.S.

“Here we are, not 75 years later, but just 7 ½ months later, and people are already forgetting. They’re already forgetting that Hamas unleashed this terror,” he said of Hamas’s October 7 attack that left about 1,200 Israelis dead. “I have not forgotten, nor have you. And we will not forget.”

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Krishna @1    2 weeks ago

Typical day late and dollar short actions from Biden. He should have come out of the basement and said this when things first happened! He has lost even more credibility than the little he already has.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    2 weeks ago

The president’s latest statement of support for Israel and Jews comes days after he condemned antisemitism and other forms of hatred seen in anti-Israel protests on college campuses in recent weeks. Biden directly addressed the campus protests on Thursday, saying protesters have a “right to protest, but not a right to cause chaos” under the law. 

Earlier Tuesday, the White House announced new action steps to combat antisemitism on college campuses and in the nation at large.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2    2 weeks ago

What is it about Biden that makes me think about sitting in the front seat of a car on a rainy day and watching the windshield wiper go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.....

George
Junior Expert
3  George    2 weeks ago

While Biden words are admirable, he isn't getting much help from his base and propaganda outlets. Saw an article today that states, Facebooks oversight board is "considering" whether or not the term "from the river to the sea" is hate speech. are they fucking serious? 

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  George @3    2 weeks ago
Saw an article today that states, Facebooks oversight board is "considering" whether or not the term "from the river to the sea" is hate speech. are they fucking serious? 

Well if the end result of that phrase, if implemented, would result in the destruction of Israel-- it would not longer exist as an independent country. 

And of course since the Jews wouldn't give up their country voluntarily,that implies a massacre of Jews would be necessary.

So it certainly would qualify as "hate speech".

But over the years I've seen the management of #Facebook do some pretty dumb things-- hopefully they will realize the degree to which they don't really know much about the Middle East!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Krishna    2 weeks ago

The president was joined by House speaker Mike Johnson (R., La.) and House minority leader Hakeem Jeffries (D., N.Y.), both of whom gave impassioned speeches about U.S. support for Israel and the rise of antisemitism.

Uh-oh-- a show of bi-partisanship! Democrats and Republicans trying to compromise, to find common ground and work together-- this is sure to piss off many of the haters on social media sites! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @4    2 weeks ago

It would make a good Saturday Night Live show.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1    2 weeks ago

I wouldn't be surprised if they've already done a few segments on tye subject.

evilone
Professor Guide
5  evilone    2 weeks ago

This speech should have been made months ago.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  evilone @5    2 weeks ago
This speech should have been made months ago.

I totally agree. That would've headed off a lot of confusion about the whole Hamas-Israel conflict, as well as misunderstandings about the true nature of many of the protests on college campuses.

OTOH, I suppose President Biden does deserve credit for finally speaking out-- and doing it so forcefully!  jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.1    2 weeks ago

Obviously Biden's technique is to "cover the waterfront" in the hope of getting votes from "both sides now".  However, anyone who has personal integrity themselves can see that Biden does not, and like myself, would never vote for him.  

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  evilone @5    2 weeks ago

Agreed.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6  Jeremy Retired in NC    2 weeks ago
The president’s latest statement of support for Israel and Jews...

And yet he "paused" multiple arms shipments to Israel.  Doesn't sound like support to me.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6    2 weeks ago
And yet he "paused" multiple arms shipments to Israel.  Doesn't sound like support to me.

I'm not surprised.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.1    2 weeks ago
I'm not surprised.

jrSmiley_4_smiley_image.png

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @6.1    2 weeks ago

Of course, that's just a perfect example of his "both sides now" "forked tongue" duplicity.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6    2 weeks ago
Doesn't sound like support to me.

Depends on how long he paused it for . . . 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Krishna @6.2    one week ago

Why stop it in the first place?

Thomas
Senior Guide
7  Thomas    2 weeks ago
“It’s against the law, and we’re not a lawless country. We’re a civil society. We uphold the rule of law, and no one should have to hide or be brave just to be themselves,” he said, referring to Jews targeted by pro-Palestinian sympathizers.

No one should. Period.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8  seeder  Krishna    2 weeks ago

I wouldn't be surprised if they've already done a few segments on the subject.