╌>

MBTI (Myers-Briggs) Part II: What Personality Type Are You? NT users' results revealed! (& some other fascinating stuff)

Category:  History & Sociology

By:  krishna  •  7 years ago  •  63 comments

MBTI (Myers-Briggs) Part II: What Personality Type Are You?  NT users'  results revealed! (& some other fascinating stuff)

[Scroll down to see what type various people on NT are....]

If you missed it, Part I is HERE.

Part III :  MBTI Myers-Briggs Personality Test - Part III: The "Secret" of each personality type

Part IV has just been posted:   Part IV - Are You A Lot Like Celebrities Of Your Type?

Part V: Starts with the topic of MBTI types and money, but the discussion touches on several other topics as well.

If you can't decide which of two types you are, there are two things you can do:

I. You could take another test:

A.  Here's one that gives you more choices for each question, and takes a somewhat different approach. IMO its a pretty well designed test: Keys to Cognition.   (Probably especially useful for people who had trouble deciding between the two answers provided for each Q on the other tests).

B. I think this one is really well designed. I found the questions easy to answer. Whoever designed it knows the MBTI and designed a very good programme (He didn't bother to design good graphics-- it doesn't look professional-but don't be put off by that). Also, if you don't like a question, you're not forced to answer it in order to proceed-- you can just hit "Skip" and get a replacement Q. IMO its one of the best MBTI test I've seen: John's Personality Test. .

II. Another way to decide is to look at descriptions of the two types. The following site is one of the best for that:   BestFitType.com.:

Simply click on each of the two (or more) types you trying to decide upon, and click the link.

--> When the description comes up, after the first paragraph in the description there's a blank space-- so scroll down below that to continue reading.

Best Fit Type

Do you know your best-fit type?
doyouknow.jpg

>   ISTJ

>   ISFJ

>   INFJ

>   INTJ

>   ISTP

>   ISFP

>   INFP

>   INTP

>   ESTP

>   ESFP

>   ENFP

>   ENTP

>   ESTJ

>   ESFJ

>   ENFJ

>   ENTJ

*     *     *     *     * 

Here are the results for the people who took the test (& who were brave enough to tell us what type they are!). I did this quickly so I may have made a few errors-- if so let me know and I'll fix it.

People who said they can't decide between two types have a ? after their name which is entered for each of the two types.   

"RATIONALS/THINKERS"

INTJ -  MoCowGirl, Hippocrates of Cos, Epistte?   Epistte's daughter?,  Freefaller? (TiG's probably an INTJ (?). 

INTP -  Epistte?,  Color Me Free, 

ENTJ -  (These  are perhaps the most results oriented of all the types): .Epistte's daughter? One of Perrie's twin daughters. 

ENTP -  Me, Kavika, My guess is that Bob Nelson is also a ENTP.

"DIPLOMATS"

INFJ - Kathleen B., Sunshine

INFP - John, Nightwalker?, one of Perrie's twin daughters, Larry Hampton

ENFJ - Perrie? Dowser, Magnoliaave, one of Perrie's twin daughters,

ENFP - Perrie?, Spikegary, Color Me Free?

"SENTINELS" 

ISTJ - Sandy, Buzz, Freefaller?, Nowhere Man

ISFJ - Raven Wing, Pat Wilson, PJ, Freefaller?

ESTJ, It is ME, Sparty On

ESFJ - Johnathan P

EXPLORERS

ISTP - Charger, Nightwalker?

ISFP - xxJefferson#51, Galen Marvin Ross

ESTP - Lenny lynx, Just Jim NC TttH

ESFP - (none?)

I typed this quickly and probably made a few mistakes-- if so let me know and I'll put in the correction.

More will be added to this page shortly-- stay tuned!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  author  Krishna    7 years ago

MBTI (Myers-Briggs) Part II: What Personality Type Are You? NT users' results revealed! (& some other stuff) has been posted.

(More information will be added to this article soon).

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
2  mocowgirl    7 years ago

I liked the detail level of John's Personality Test.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1  author  Krishna  replied to  mocowgirl @2    7 years ago

I remember there was a lot of detail-- a great description. But I don't remember which site it came from. I will have to look at it again to check.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2  author  Krishna  replied to  mocowgirl @2    7 years ago

I found it (the source of the description of John's personality type {INFP}. Its from "16 Personalities .com"

For people who want to read more of the description of their personality type, go to this page and click on the icon of your type.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.3  author  Krishna  replied to  mocowgirl @2    7 years ago
I liked the detail level of John's Personality Test.

I just re-read your comment and realized I misinterpreted it the first time! I thought your were referring to what John Russell posted (a long detailled paste about the description he got)  His comment #20 in the first article re: The MBTI; its HERE).

But re-reading your comment tonight, I realized that by saying "John's Personality Test." you weren't referring to the test results that John (Russell) got, but rather a test called "John's Personality Test". (HERE)

Actually of all the MBTI tests I've seen, it my favourite. The detail yes. And also the way its constructed. (At one point it gave me the message that "we are almost finished-- just a few more questions". But then that wasn't enough-- as it told me, and then said it would have to ask me just a a few more!The guy who wrote it really knows the MBTI-- but it struck me that he's a programmer/software engineer-- he thinks like a programmer-- I noticed a few programming type flourishes that I really liked).

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
2.3.1  mocowgirl  replied to  Krishna @2.3    7 years ago
it gave me the message that "we are almost finished-- just a few more questions". But then that wasn't enough-

Me, too.

The breakdown was INTJ - 36%, ISTJ - 17%, ISTP-14%, INTP - 12%, and ENTJ - 7%.

This made sense as I self-identified with some characteristics of all of the above in varying degrees.  Predominantly introverted, thinking and judging with a splash of sensing and perceiving.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  author  Krishna    7 years ago

ENTP -  Me, Kavika, Badfish?. My guess is that Bob Nelson is also a ENTP. (Or possibly an INTJ?)

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  author  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @3    7 years ago

ENTP -  Me, Kavika, Badfish?. My guess is that Bob Nelson is also a ENTP. (Or possibly an INTJ?).

Actually TiG may be an ENTP as well--  but I'm not so sure of that.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.2  author  Krishna  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.1    7 years ago

Correct! :^)

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  author  Krishna    7 years ago

Now that we know peoples' MBTI type,we can no longer get mad at other people on NT!

mbticantgetmadmouseswing.jpeg

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
4.1  mocowgirl  replied to  Krishna @4    7 years ago

I rarely get mad at anyone on or off of the internet.

I am mainly interested in understanding the forces that shapes personalities.  

Because I am highly introspective, working on my own "issues" in life is a full time job.  This is one of the reasons that I don't understand the people who are focused on working on (and over) everyone else on the planet as if they are perfection personified.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.1  author  Krishna  replied to  mocowgirl @4.1    7 years ago
. . . the people who are focused on working on (and over) everyone else on the planet as if they are perfection personified.

In my experience, while that does happen offline, its much more common on the Internet.  

Although from what you've mentioned previously, many of the people in your past were very judgmental and intolerant-- so perhaps you have seen much of that both offline and online. My experience has been somewhat different-- I grew up with (mostly) relatively tolerant people-- so the tone of most discussions online strike me as being very..obnoxious!

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  mocowgirl  replied to  Krishna @4.1.1    7 years ago
many of the people in your past were very judgmental and intolerant-

I grew up in sparsely populated rural Arkansas where everyone knew just about everyone who lived in the area (or at least they thought they knew them).

Appearances and "family name" were everything.  It was imperative to wear the proper clothes, say the proper things and attend the proper church and to be "respectable" at all times so as not to sully the "family name".

My adoptive mother was dumb as a box of rocks (not exaggerating), but she was the supreme authority on who was and was not "white trash".

Unfortunately, my adoptive mother was fairly typical of the mindset of the rural semi-educated, peasant farmer in NW Arkansas during the 50s, 60s, 70s according to the stories that I heard from my classmates during my years of school - many, if not most, of them embraced the ultra-conservative "change must be avoided at all costs" mindset as adults.  I know this only because I made the supreme mistake of returning to the area to raise my children with their children.  

As a military wife, I lived in areas with large populations that did not care to know their neighbors or even speak to them.  Vastly different culture than living in sparsely populated rural areas.  People in urban areas may be just as judgmental and intolerant, but if they are they largely keep it to themselves.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.3  author  Krishna  replied to  mocowgirl @4.1.2    7 years ago
People in urban areas may be just as judgmental and intolerant, but if they are they largely keep it to themselves.

I think that's an important point.  People in urban areas can be just as judgmental and intolerant.

So I was thinking about what the difference is. I think in most of the areas where you grew up, the vast majority of people had similar views. As a result they felt free to express them openly. But OTOH, in cities and many suburbs, while people may be just as intolerant,they are more mixed in their views-- so as a result they are more guarded about expressing them.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  mocowgirl  replied to  Krishna @4.1.3    7 years ago
the vast majority of people had similar views. As a result they felt free to express them openly.

I agree.  

So (as a child who watched the race riots on television) when I said that judging a person by the color of their skin was wrong, I was told that I did not understand that n*ggers were animals, not people.  (BTW, I had to teach my children that I would not allow them to use racist labels even though they were around people who did.)

I was raised within ten miles of a sundown town.  I had heard that there was one black family in the county when I was in school in the 60s/70s.

My natural curiosity and my acceptance of people being people served me well when I left NW Arkansas as a military wife, but both traits separated me from the majority of family, classmates and acquaintances who required allegiance to the status quo of their society to feel secure.

"The important thing to remember is that when these signs reportedly came down post World War II era, the attitudes remained for many decades," he said. "Historically, one has been able to draw a line down from Blytheville in Northeastern Arkansas to Texarkana in the southwest and both sides of the line would exhibit radically different racial compositions," with western and northern Arkansas having a mostly white population.

According to a 2010 census black people made up 3% of the population in Washington County, and 1% in Benton County.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.5  author  Krishna  replied to  mocowgirl @4.1.4    7 years ago
"The important thing to remember is that when these signs reportedly came down post World War II era, the attitudes remained for many decades," he said. "Historically, one has been able to draw a line down from Blytheville in Northeastern Arkansas to Texarkana in the southwest and both sides of the line would exhibit radically different racial compositions," with western and northern Arkansas having a mostly white population.

Thanks for the link. Interesting article.I don't know if I;ve mentioned this before, but during the 60's I was involved with the Civil Rights movement in N. Carolina.I saw a lot of deeply ingrained prejudice. (Not Sundown Towns-- but there was segregation in stores, restaurants, drinking fountains, etc.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
4.1.6  mocowgirl  replied to  Krishna @4.1.5    7 years ago

You may have mentioned it on NV, but I either missed it or don't remember.  One thing I liked about NV was that for the most part I did not know or care about what anyone's gender or skin color was.  I read their comments for meaning and insight.

I worked in Memphis, TN in 1980-81.  Memphis was a powder keg.  I was friends with my black co-workers and was called names by my white co-workers.  In hindsight, I realize that I have always been drawn to learning and new experiences.  I had been raised by a bunch of racist white folks so my white co-workers were boring and unacceptable and uninteresting.  My black co-workers were fascinating, and mostly kind to an ignorant young adult trying to make sense of an illogical, chaotic world.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.7  author  Krishna  replied to  mocowgirl @4.1.6    7 years ago
I realize that I have always been drawn to learning and new experiences.

I think that's true of NT's in general.

We tend to be curious, and want to learn about different things. (I believe that With INTJ and ENTJ much of the motivation is to learn lots of things that can be used to their advantage in creating resultsn in the world-- or maybe even just to understand their own psychological makeup so as to function better. With ENTP and INTP there's also a tremendous amount of curiousity and the need to keep learning new things-- even if those facts don't seem to have a practical application.

With ENTPs often the desire to learn new things can go to extremes-- once we start to learn something new--- occasionally we drop it because it becomes boring-- and want to jump on to some other new thing!

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
5  Jonathan P    7 years ago

I just did the test.

I'm ESFJ

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  author  Krishna  replied to  Jonathan P @5    7 years ago
I just did the test.
I'm   ESFJ

Did you read any descriptions of the type? If so, did you find them to be accurate?

Here's a very short summary of the main characteristics of each type-- IMO its pretty accurate (especially for such a short description  (The original is much  easier to read-- its HERE )

mbtigridbest.jpg

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.1  author  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1    7 years ago

Here is a really good  description of the ESFJ type-- its lists traits, strengths & weaknesses, etc:

ESFJ PERSONALITY (“THE CONSUL”)

Encourage, lift and strengthen one another. For the positive energy spread to one will be felt by us all.

--Deborah Day

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.2  author  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1    5 years ago
Here's a very short summary of the main characteristics of each type-- IMO its pretty accurate (especially for such a short description  (The original is much  easier to read-- its HERE)

There are several versions of the standard MBTI Personality Test online. Some are better than others. Some are a bit long...

This short "test" is actually one of the more accurate ones. . Click on the link to the original copy-- and then if you click on the graphic when it pops open you can see a much larger version that is easier to read!

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  author  Krishna  replied to  Jonathan P @5    7 years ago

Here's a good description of ESFJ:

ESFJs at a Glance

• Warm-hearted, well-liked, and loyal.
  • Caring, respectful, and socially inclusive.
  • Display a tactful and constructive attitude that encourages people to work together.
  • Natural "people persons" who excel at eliciting goodwill and commitment from others.
  • Prize social harmony and dislike negative criticism that ruins the mood.

There's a lot more HERE

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
6  nightwalker    7 years ago

OK, fine, I took the test. And, according to the test, I'm a GD-PFAP.

That's a g-d d--n "Person from another planet" or possibly, a PFAD "person from another dimension."

The worst part is I don't know if I should be insulted or not.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
6.1  nightwalker  replied to  nightwalker @6    7 years ago

test one, I'm a INFP and the IDR I'm a ISTP. Place your bet.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.1  author  Krishna  replied to  nightwalker @6.1    7 years ago

This system (MBTI) has its strengths and weaknesses. One of its main weaknesses IMO is the available tests---- often they are not that useful. (In fact, after several tests I still wasn't sure of my type__ its only after looking at several different descriptions and speaking to two people who were knowledgable about MBTI did I reralize what type I was, 

There are a few things you can do if you really want to know which you are:

1. Look at the short descriptions of INFP & ISTP in the boxes in comment #5.1 HERE.  While this may seem overly simplistic-- those descriptions are actually pretty good. Which sounds more like you?

2. Checkout the two types in the  Best Fit Type in the this article (near top). Which of the descriptions (INFP or ISTP sounds more like you?

{Among other things, both of these 2 approaches have the advantage of being much shorter and simpler than a standard test).

3. A very different approach-- see the next comment: ""Facts About"....

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.2  author  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.1.1    7 years ago

If anyone is still unsure about which of 2 types they really are, Here's the 3rd way I mentioned in a previous comment. A very different approach. Take a look what it says about the two types you are trying to decide between and see which information here sounds like you:

Facts About the 16 Myers-Briggs ®  Personality Types

For those who want more information about the 16 Myers-Briggs personality types, here's a page for you. Unlike other sites that list traits or descriptions for each psychological type, these pages will describe research findings and other useful and interesting facts about each personality type.

In other words, rather than reading something like, "ISTJs are dependable", c lick on the links below to read more about each personality type.

ISTJ

ISFJ

INFJ

INTJ

INTP

INFP

ISFP

ISTP

ESTP

ESFP

ENFP

ENTP

ENTJ

ENFJ

ESFJ

ESTJ

[LINK}

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
6.1.3  nightwalker  replied to  Krishna @6.1.1    7 years ago

Actually, both had some points that fit, I think the IDR one was closer. I believe I've seen another similar test years ago, it had 250 questions and was reported to do a fairly good job. The more questions the easier it is to narrow it down, but I think they had trouble get people to sit still for250 questions.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.4  author  Krishna  replied to  nightwalker @6.1.3    7 years ago
I believe I've seen another similar test years ago, it had 250 questions and was reported to do a fairly good job. The more questions the easier it is to narrow it down, but I think they had trouble get people to sit still for250 questions.

I was curious about that so I googled. And-- I found one that is 300 questions!

IMO that's just nuts!!!

HERE

(BTW I was wondering what personality system it uses-- it is MBTI-- the test categorizes people in to the 16 standard MBTI types).

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
6.1.5  nightwalker  replied to  Krishna @6.1.4    7 years ago

I gotta try it.. LOL when I think I can sit for300 questions.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  nightwalker @6    7 years ago
"Person from another planet" or possibly, a PFAD "person from another dimension."

HA! ... I knew I was not alone!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8  Galen Marvin Ross    7 years ago

OK XX, it seems like we have the same personality type. What ya say to that?

Probably I'm the happiest when things are just a little different everyday. I don't want to commit to any particular way to be. I want to be able to be a lot of ways. In my mind, I am peacefully assimilating myself to a lot of different situations, flowing easily between them all. Most people don't understand there's a lot going on inside. It's always different, and if it's not always different, it's no fun.
When I'm someplace, doing something, I'm really there. The whole experience is related to that time and place. And people only see the part of me that is with them that day. That's who I am for that day, but little do they know that tomorrow I might be different.

I'm reserved when I first meet people, but I am friendly, warm, and outgoing once I've gotten to know someone. I really enjoy listening to people, hearing other people's stories and learning about them. I remember a lot of the details. I ask a lot of questions and like the challenge of recognizing where people are coming from and why they might be coming from that perspective. I love the give and take of conversations. I really feel thrilled and excited learning from that intellectual energy combined with that emotional energy. It gives me a sense of the person. In any situation, I love the give and take, the playfulness and energy, the excitement and a little bit of competition, a little bit of one-upsmanship. But when it becomes abrasive and people personally attack others, I'm offended.
I have a lot of interests and I can get interested in one thing, and then something else comes along and that looks fascinating. I enjoy using the skills that I do have, and they're varied. I'm always on the lookout for something that uses my skills and abilities, that will give me variety and still be stimulating and let me have a mission with people. In my best jobs, I was connecting with people and problem solving and often using tools, adapting equipment or techniques...
I like recognition. It's very important to get complimented soon after an accomplishment. If something goes unnoticed or unrewarded, it doesn't have the immediate impact that I want. I've been learning my own positive self-talk. I tend to be a workaholic at whatever it is I am doing. You might say I'm a perfectionist. I want people to be impressed with my performance. I don't want anyone to be unhappy with my performance so I continue to perform, and that is kind of a driving force. It has been a constant struggle to not overdo it. I need a positive environment to work in and I need the people I'm working with to support me.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1  author  Krishna  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8    7 years ago
OK XX, it seems like we have the same personality type.

Uh Oh!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Krishna @8.1    7 years ago

That's what I thought. chuckle

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.2  author  Krishna  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.1.1    7 years ago

Actually its not that uncommon for 2 people of the same MBTI type to have differing-- even opposing-- political (or religious) views. Its not that people of the same MBTI type necessarily have the same views, but rather that-- whatever their opinions-- the manner  they express them will usually be similar. 

(For example, both might have opposing views but express them in a" feeling" manner. (In touch with their emotions). Or-- they might have opposing opinions re: politics or religion-- but express those views in a very "intellectual" (& non-emotional) manner.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
8.1.3  mocowgirl  replied to  Krishna @8.1.2    7 years ago
Its not that people of the same MBTI type necessarily have the same views, but rather that-- whatever their opinions-- the manner  they express them will usually be similar.

I just had that discussion with my INTJ daughter.  We sometimes have to agree to disagree, but we both research, dissect and reassemble our thought projects in very similar ways.  Our major differences are in age and experience...and the fact that I am more liberal and less materialistic.  I applaud her being more practical where I have been too idealistic.  I respect her.  She often views me as a creature from another planet.  LOL!

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1.4  author  Krishna  replied to  mocowgirl @8.1.3    7 years ago
Our major differences are in age and experience...and the fact that I am more liberal and less materialistic.  I applaud her being more practical where I have been too idealistic.  I respect her.  She often views me as a creature from another planet.  LOL!

That brings up an interesting point. Two peoplemof the same MBTI may significant difference. And IMO many times that is due to difference life experiences. (And that probably usually includes being of different ages-- because the two people grew up in different times).

charger 383
Professor Silent
10  charger 383    7 years ago

INTP and ISTP   I have become much more laid back since retiring

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
10.1  mocowgirl  replied to  charger 383 @10    7 years ago
I have become much more laid back since retiring

That is wonderful.

I always told my daughters that they needed an education so they could pursue their interests in life instead of just having a job.  Sadly, neither listened.  I have high hopes for my granddaughter, but she is only 12.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.1  author  Krishna  replied to  mocowgirl @10.1    7 years ago

What MBTI types are your daughters?

By any chance are they some sort of XXXP's?

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
10.1.2  mocowgirl  replied to  Krishna @10.1.1    7 years ago
What MBTI types are your daughters?

My younger daughter is INTJ.

The older daughter is a person who is very imaginative and writes sci-fi for fun.  She then believes it is reality and lives it.  What is really frustrating, she demands that others be held accountable for things that never happened.  We have been estranged for almost 6 years because I can't deal with her personality.

My younger daughter is frustrated with her sister and has limited contact.   

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.3  author  Krishna  replied to  mocowgirl @10.1.2    7 years ago
My younger daughter is INTJ.

My observation has been that generally speaking, when INTJ's have their mind made up about something, they usually to not want to listen to other opinions :-)

But OTOH, they are interested in knowing the actual facts about things-- and being good at deciding which facts are useful to them in order to attain their goals. So perhaps as she gets a bit older she may realize that what you;ve been telling her does make sense...???

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.4  author  Krishna  replied to  mocowgirl @10.1.2    7 years ago
The older daughter is a person who is very imaginative and writes sci-fi for fun.  She then believes it is reality and lives it.  What is really frustrating, she demands that others be held accountable for things that never happened.  We have been estranged for almost 6 years because I can't deal with her personality.

As I believe I mentioned, I'm hardly an expert on the MBTI. In fact much of my knowledge of the different types comes from meeting people of that type (I belong to an MBTI discussion group that meets monthly. We wear name rags with our name and MBTI type). Its interesting to see examples of different types when they are "labeled"

But that being said, it sounds to me that she may be an INFP? (there is only one INFP in our group...so I suppose I may have a stereotype of them based on what she's like).

Astrologically--  does she have a lot of Pisces in her chart?

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
10.1.5  mocowgirl  replied to  Krishna @10.1.4    7 years ago
does she have a lot of Pisces in her chart?

No. 

Some things defy explanation.  My older daughter is one of them.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.1.6  author  Krishna  replied to  mocowgirl @10.1.5    7 years ago
No.  Some things defy explanation.  My older daughter is one of them.

Actually she seems very unconventional, more like a non-conformist-- that would be Aquarius. But it doesn't have to be the Sun sign--- could be Moon, AC, etc.

Or, maybe...she is one of those rare people who just . . . defy explanation! :^)

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.2  author  Krishna  replied to  charger 383 @10    7 years ago
I have become much more laid back since retiring

I've had the same experience. Many things I used to worry about no longer bother me as much-- I now think of them as rather insignificant.

Also I've become more withdrawn from people-- more of a self-isolating INTP. Fairly recently I shifted --I've become pretty much of an Extrovert-- ENTP. (I think I'm really a combination of both..and while of course there are differences, IMO ENTP and INTP are very very similar in many ways.

charger 383
Professor Silent
10.2.1  charger 383  replied to  Krishna @10.2    7 years ago

I have much less to worry about and what used to piss me off I now find amusing

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.2.2  author  Krishna  replied to  charger 383 @10.2.1    7 years ago
I have much less to worry about and what used to piss me off I now find amusing

I've noticed the same thing about myself over time.

And I have also heard that from other people (not even people familiar with the MBTI, but just  people who have mentioned that since retiring-- or in many cases since they gotten to be in their 60's or even older).

I would've expect younger people-- in their 20's or 30's or so-- to have a much more positive outlook on life, and older people to be more negative & to complain more. But in many cases the opposite is true.

It seems that many younger people have so many expectations based on "social norms"-- for example the need to be popular. But over time many folks begin to realize that what society and the media has tried to get us to care about is in many cases nonsense. And over time many people become aware of what's really important to them personally.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.3  author  Krishna  replied to  charger 383 @10    7 years ago
INTP and ISTP

My personal view is that a person can be two types. 

But if you are interested, here's a test that purports to tell you which of those two types you are: 

INTP or ISTP Test

Based on the Work of Myers, Briggs, and Jung

So you've taken the basic  Personality Type Test  and you're still not sure of your type. But you've had a peek at the system and you think that you're probably INTP or ISTP. Don't worry. This happens to a lot of people when they're first getting into psychological type. Learning about type is a process of self-discovery and no test can replace your own self-assessment. But this test can lend you a hand in finding out whether you are INTP or ISTP.

(LINK)

charger 383
Professor Silent
10.3.1  charger 383  replied to  Krishna @10.3    7 years ago

ISTP  is what that test showed and that seems to fit me.  Thanks for link

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.3.2  author  Krishna  replied to  charger 383 @10.3.1    7 years ago
ISTP  is what that test showed and that seems to fit me.  Thanks for link

You're welcome :-)

Krishna
Professor Expert
11  author  Krishna    7 years ago

The site "personality Hacker" has some interesting perspectives. They also have two videos about each type-- an overall description and the "Secret" of each type. (Some of these aren't really secret, some are).

Here's their video on "INTJ Personality Type Secret":

There's lots more information about all 16 types on their website personalityhacker.com.   (IMO some of their observations are really quite good)

Krishna
Professor Expert
11.1  author  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @11    7 years ago

The site "personality Hacker" has some interesting perspectives.

Here's their "ISTP Personality Type Secret" video:

Here's more about ISTP from their site.

Krishna
Professor Expert
11.3  author  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @11    7 years ago

Here's the "INTP Personality Type Secret" video (from "personalityhacker"):

Krishna
Professor Expert
11.4  author  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @11    7 years ago
"Personality Type Secret"

FWIW The guy in the video,  Joel Mark Witt, is an ENFP. The woman,  Antonia Dodge, is an ENTP. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
12  author  Krishna    7 years ago

That video really did say a lot of positive things about INTJ! :^)

(As an NT type myself-- I think I am both ENTP and INTP-- I find I relate well to all 4 NT types. I know several INTJs & find that we are mentally "On the same wavelength").

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
13  Nowhere Man    7 years ago

Still hasn't changed from the last time.....

46% ISTJ, 33% ISTP, 6% ISFP, 4% ISFJ, 3% ESTJ

Krishna
Professor Expert
14  author  Krishna    7 years ago

Part III has been posted:

MBTI Myers-Briggs Personality Test - Part III: The "Secret" of each personality type

Krishna
Professor Expert
14.1  author  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @14    7 years ago
MBTI Myers-Briggs Personality Test - Part III: The "Secret" of each personality type

I posted a broken link in the previous post-- here's the correct link to Part III