╌>

FBI's Andrew McCabe fired, effective immediately, before he could retire

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  6 years ago  •  156 comments

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe has been fired, effective immediately the Department of Justice said late Friday night. The decision comes as FBI officials   recommended his firing , as they wait for a Department of Justice Inspector General report critical of him to be released. 

In a statement, the Department of Justice said "the OIG and FBI OPR reports concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor − including under oath − on multiple occasions."

The decision, not unexpected, came two days before McCabe was set to retire Sunday. The 49-year-old is likely to keep at least some of his pension. 

The report by the Department of Justice Inspector General, while not yet finished, found evidence that McCabe had questionable contact with a reporter and was not fully forthcoming when asked about it about an investigation concerning the Clinton Foundation. Those familiar with McCabe's side of the story say he was authorized to talk to reporters. 

The decision came after Associate Deputy Attorney General Scott Schools   met with McCabe Thursday , a part of an effort to shift the McCabe decision to "career officials" within the DOJ, according to a source familiar with the process. The optics, the source says, are not good for Attorney General Sessions to fire a career civil servant who is frequently criticized by the president. Schools is among the top career officials at the DOJ currently, and the department wanted to pin the outcome of the situation on long-established institutional norms, not politics. 

President Trump has blasted McCabe in the past, particularly over his wife's acceptance of campaign cash from an ally of Hillary Clinton's, before McCabe began FBI's investigation of Clinton's email server. He also said McCabe was "racing the clock to retire with full benefits."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/andrew-mccabe-fired-before-he-could-retire-live-updates/

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

"Attorney General Jeff Sessions made the decision to oust McCabe after the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility recommended he be fired for his  alleged lack of candor  during an internal review of how the FBI and Justice Department handled an investigation into the Clinton Foundation."

More to come when the IG delivers his report

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    6 years ago

This wouldnt stink so much if Trump had not belittled the man so many times in public and associated him with Trump's ridiculous defenses of his administration via conspiracy theories. 

So McCabe loses his pension.  CNN will probably hire him as a commentator. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

We warned you that we would get the leakers & conspirators. The IG report is really gonna rock some people!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    6 years ago

Mueller is investigating Trump for financial crimes. The writing is on the wall Vic. Find yourself a new hero. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.1    6 years ago

Two things John:

1) If Mueller is looking at financial crimes, then he must have come up empty on collusion & obstruction

2) Trump is off topic. If you mention him again, i'll ask the moderators to put a stop to it

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to    6 years ago

You think it went somewhere?

Skirting the CoC [ph]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.1.5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    6 years ago
We warned you that we would get the leakers & conspirators. The IG report is really gonna rock some people!

Leakers and conspirators?  I can recognize that you are delighted by this event, but has it never occurred to you that every time Trump has blamed his misery on 'leakers', he was actually confirming that what was being released to law enforcement or the media...was in fact the truth?  Frankly, it was rather stupid of him not to have realized that he has been the biggest leaker in his entire administration.  Jesus!  Even I could see it, and I'm the biggest idiot this side of the Mason-Dixon line. 

What he did to McCabe was low-rent and Jerry Springer-worthy.  Making Sessions do his dirty work makes it worse.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Trump told Sessions to fire McCabe or his job would be in jeopardy.   It also wouldn't surprise me if he fires Sessions anyway, because that's the kind of man he is. 

Look, Trump needs to go before he tweets us into WW3.  He's already made this country a laughing stock to every civilized nation on the planet.  Hells bells, even our allies are taking a step back.  This is no time for partisan politics, so I don't care if the next ten Presidents are Republicans.  We need to do something about Trump, and we need to do it quickly.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.4    6 years ago

What's it been now? 15 months?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.5    6 years ago
I can recognize that you are delighted by this event

You bet I am Sis!

has it never occurred to you that every time Trump has blamed his misery on 'leakers', he was actually confirming that what was being released to law enforcement or the media...was in fact the truth?

Not if you believe James Comey, remember?  He said most of the leaks were false. Was he lying?

What he did to McCabe was low-rent and Jerry Springer-worthy.  Making Sessions do his dirty work makes it worse

WRONG AGAIN - The Office of Professional Responsibility at the FBI recommended it and it is very rare for them to make such a recommendation

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.5    6 years ago
We need to do something about Trump, and we need to do it quickly.

Off Topic {SP}

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.1.9  pat wilson  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.5    6 years ago

Great assessment. I'm worried about our democratic republic surviving this administration. It's utter chaos.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.1.10  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.6    6 years ago

The Mueller investigation began mid May 2017, so no, it hasn't been 15 months.

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.11  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    6 years ago
If Mueller is looking at financial crimes, then he must have come up empty on collusion & obstruction

You must not get your news from a variety of sources.   Smart money says he's got the obstruction,  probably the collusion or close to it, and working through the money laundering.   And its hard to have a conversation without bringing upTrump about the firing of McCabe when the reason he was fired SO VINDICTIVELY is because Trump wanted it because he wasn't 'loyal'.  This came from Trump, he is already lying about it.  THAT is not off topic.  Highly relevant, actually, and you may find this is another brick in the wall.

I think its hilarious some of you think 15 months is long enough or too long, after the years of Benghazi, which doesn't even come close to the importance of Mueller's investigation.  And you must be young if your don't remember how long republicans investigated White Water, and where it let, how long and how many other people got caught up.  Again I ask, why the different standards?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @2.1.11    6 years ago

Smart money has been wrong more than once.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.13  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @2.1.9    6 years ago

Totally agree. However, the majority of the people of America are strong people, having been through a great many tragedies, the Civil War, Great Depression, and wars around the world, and we have always managed to survive and move forward in a positive manner.

While we are faced now with this tragedy of a President and his administration, the American people will survive it and once again prove that it is the PEOPLE of America that make our country great, not who temporarily occupies the Oval office. 

Neither party is fit to serve as President of this country, as they no longer understand that fact.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.14  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1.5    6 years ago

It just goes to prove that Trump's own mouth is his worst enemy. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.15  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @2.1.10    6 years ago

There was an FBI investigation that preceded it, remember?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.16  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @2.1.11    6 years ago
And its hard to have a conversation without bringing upTrump about the firing of McCabe when the reason he was fired SO VINDICTIVELY is because Trump wanted it because he wasn't 'loyal'.  This came from Trump, he is already lying about it.  THAT is not off topic.

It is off topic - Trump didn't have a hand in this. The office of Professional Responsibility at the FBI recommended that Sessions fire McCabe. Please read the article. BTW Sessions listened to the career professionals when he recused himself and he listened to them again in this case. It is very rare that the OPR makes such a recommendation. I'm certain that the IG report is going to be a show-stopper, so stay tuned.

BTW the IG is an Obama appointee. The most unheralded Civil Servants through all of this has been our impeccable IG's.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.17  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @2.1.11    6 years ago
And you must be young if your don't remember how long republicans investigated White Water, and where it let, how long and how many other people got caught up.  Again I ask, why the different standards?

I take that as an admission that you know if they charge Trump for something, it wont be collusion or obstruction, but you just want him charged.

And that is OFF TOPIC

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.18  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.16    6 years ago
It is off topic - Trump didn't have a hand in this.

Total bullshit, he absolutely did have a hand in this.  AND THAT IS NOT OFF TOPIC.  Jesus, we only have to read his tweets over the last year and a half and keep abreast of his involvement.  The Trump narrative, which you are pushing, is the lie, just like the other lies Trump tells every day.  McCabe was punished for disloyalty to Trump, pure and simple.  He and GOP don't give a crap about truth and law.  Joe Arpaio gets pardoned and McCabe gets screwed of his pension.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.19  It Is ME  replied to  lib50 @2.1.18    6 years ago

It is ruff having to see a purge of "Lifers" in politics ain't it !

Just remember....those "Lifers" have us where we are at today. They helped produce "Trump" after all !

THE SILENT HAVE SPOKEN, Still Quietly, about the Fuckups in Washington !

The "Loudest" don't always win dontchyknow !

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.20  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @2.1.18    6 years ago
Jesus, we only have to read his tweets over the last year and a half and keep abreast of his involvement.

Stop reading his tweets and start looking at facts:

"Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe has been fired, effective immediately the Department of Justice said late Friday night. The decision comes as FBI officials   recommended his firing , as they wait for a Department of Justice Inspector General report critical of him to be released. "

READ THE FACTS !!!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.21  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.19    6 years ago

Every rotten apple has to be removed from the barrel.
As Iv'e already said, the rank and file at the FBI must be delighted to see the rogue elements at the top removed and punished, even though it wasn't at the full extent of the law.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.22  It Is ME  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.21    6 years ago
Every rotten apple has to be removed from the barrel.

"Drain the SWAMP" !  la de da

Funny....Trump is keeping his promise on that statement...and the "Left" is irate about Trump for keeping his "promise", yet was okay with Obama for fudging on his "Promises" !

unbelievable ! close call

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.23  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.22    6 years ago

Yup, it is funny and the strangest part of all is the logic of these partisan officials. McCabe recused himself from state corruption cases in Virginia as a result of his wife’s candidacy, yet couldn't resist presiding over the Clinton investigation, something he clearly should have recused himself from. Then to go out and have FBI agents talk with the media about the Clinton Foundation investigation as well as using the Steele Dossier to get a FISA warrant were serious transgressions. How much more we will find out about from the IG report may be beyond belief. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.24  It Is ME  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.23    6 years ago
Yup, it is funny and the strangest part of all is the logic of these partisan officials.

Best part of what is going on now is the fact that we see "for reals".....How "D"'s will congregate around "Protectionism" for themselves, over what should be right. Trump doesn't give a shit about "Protecting "Party". He's canning his own folks.

"D"'s only do that if they find it "Politically" expedient to save the party....when "called out" that is ! laughing dude

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.26  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.24    6 years ago

Yup, progressives are on the war path over this, wait until the IG report comes out!!!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.27  It Is ME  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.26    6 years ago
wait until the IG report comes out!!!

More heads will probably roll. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.28  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.27    6 years ago

Yup, we still have James Comey, Peter Strzok & Lisa Page (the woman who appears to have gum disease) to deal with. Maybe more we don't yet know about

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.30  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.29    6 years ago

Lol, No, I never forget them. I was only talking about the FBI's "bad actors", there are many, many more including a recently revealed FISA judge. We are getting there, this is the real story. The story the msm missed!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.1.31  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.16    6 years ago
Trump didn't have a hand in this.

apefacepalm.jpg

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.32  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @2.1.31    6 years ago

I'm sure AG Jeff Sessions didn't want to be in this position. The OPR put him there. I'm sorry, but the FBI cannot be biased. I can't wait for the IG report. You know where it's going? RIGHT HERE!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.34  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.24    6 years ago

And it would all have been swept under the rug in DC had Hillary not been upset in the election.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.35  It Is ME  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.34    6 years ago
And it would all have been swept under the rug in DC had Hillary not been upset in the election.

It would have never seen the light of day if Hillary won. A media "Blackout" if you will. close call

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.37  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to    6 years ago

In the words of Linda Tripp "The Clintons lie and then everyone in their orbit swears to it"

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

The guy was dirty. Firing him now was the right thing to do. More heads need to roll in order to start disinfecting that department.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2    6 years ago

Um-hum, starting with Peter Strzok & Lisa Page AND now a Judge - U.S. District Court Judge Rudolph Contreras, (also a FISA Court Judge) who may now be involved in this. He was the judge who recused himself, without giving the reason, from the Flynn case - and only after he took Flynn's plea. He was a buddy of Strzok's who may be deeply involved in this.

This is just the tip of the iceberg

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.2.2  pat wilson  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2    6 years ago

The way it was done was beyond shitty.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @2.2.2    6 years ago

is there a nice way to fire someone?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @2.2.2    6 years ago
The way it was done was beyond shitty.

It was fitting. He did the same thing they charged Flynn with and he wasn't charged with perjury. However, he may face criminal charges as soon as that IG report comes out. As a matter of fact once that report is released, we may have another special counsel investigation. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2.5  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.4    6 years ago
As a matter of fact once that report is released, we may have another special counsel investigation.

The foolish and short sighted LWNJ's are going to wish they had never started this collusion and obstruction clown show!

This idiotic sideshow is starting to come full circle and a lot of liberals are going to start being bit on their lying worthless asses.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.5    6 years ago

That's exactly right. For now they call it a diversion from Mueller's grand fishing expedition. As a matter of fact they would call the start of WWIII a diversion, but just have another Special Counsel appointed and they'll be screaming bloody murder. They got so used to the self investigation of the Obama years, they just can't get their heads around an honest, independent investigation of the deep liberal state.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  XDm9mm @2.2.8    6 years ago
He is reaping the seeds he himself sowed.

One of the most egregious infractions an FBI agent can make is lying. Why? Because it discredits the all important FBI testimony in Court.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

The Question now is why did Michael Flynn face prison while McCabe only faces a loss of government pension ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    6 years ago

Probably because Flynn committed crimes and McCabe didnt. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    6 years ago

Oh John, I'm afraid it was the same thing, except Flynn lied about something that was perfectly legal and McCabe lied about something that was illegal.  If a low ranking FBI agent lied, he'd be prosecuted. So why not McCabe?

lib50
Professor Silent
3.1.2  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    6 years ago
Oh John, I'm afraid it was the same thing, except Flynn lied about something that was perfectly legal and McCabe lied about something that was illegal.

Interesting how even people who have plead guilty are give a pass by you, and you call McCabe guilty without a bit of proof.  And this IG report likely has Sessions and Trump protectors putting it out, just like those false intel memos and reports.   Again I ask, why are you so quick to believe people that PROVABLY LIE EVERY DAY?  RTFox is pushing this fake narrative to protect Trump, but since it isn't true it will also go down in flames. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @3.1.2    6 years ago
Interesting how even people who have plead guilty are give a pass by you, and you call McCabe guilty without a bit of proof.

Well AGAIN, here's your proof:
“The FBI’s OPR then reviewed the report and underlying documents and issued a disciplinary proposal recommending the dismissal of Mr. McCabe. Both the OIG and FBI OPR reports concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor ― including under oath ― on multiple occasions.

The OPR are career professionals, usually protective of the agency. And AGAIN the IG was appointed by Barak Obama

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    6 years ago
Probably because Flynn committed crimes and McCabe didnt.

As it will out, McCabe did commit a crime(s). Wait a bit and learn what those are.

lib50
Professor Silent
3.1.5  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    6 years ago
The OPR are career professionals, usually protective of the agency. And AGAIN the IG was appointed by Barak Obama

Well it isn't released and I don't trust anything touched by Sessions or Trump, and Trump has his face in everything.  Look, you can keep believing this fake narrative that Trump doesn't lie and the Mueller investigation is fake all you want.  But it doesn't make it true, and the truth will come out in the end, and history will be the eventual judge. Might want to reexamine your faith in an habitual liar.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @3.1.5    6 years ago
Look, you can keep believing this fake narrative that Trump doesn't lie and the Mueller investigation is fake all you want

And you can believe in collusion all you want. When Mueller is done, Your'e gonna hate him too!

sixpick
Professor Quiet
3.2  sixpick  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    6 years ago

I think they will eventually get around to charging him.  Another Special Prosecutor is in the making and the biggest corruption case in this country's history will finally be exposed to such an extent it can no longer be ignored by the United States Citizens and the government.

If Hilary Clinton had been elected, we would have never known any of this information and there is plenty more where that came from.  The power is shifting.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sixpick @3.2    6 years ago
If Hilary Clinton had been elected, we would have never known any of this information and there is plenty more where that came from.

You bet!

How many times have we said this collusion narrative was going to come back to haunt the dems.

lib50
Professor Silent
3.2.2  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.1    6 years ago
How many times have we said this collusion narrative was going to come back to haunt the dems.

It so weird to read you try to project this Russian clusterfuck on the dems.   The projection is neverending.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @3.2    6 years ago
I think they will eventually get around to charging him.  Another Special Prosecutor is in the making and the biggest corruption case in this country's history will finally be exposed to such an extent it can no longer be ignored by the United States Citizens and the government.

This is right wing conspiracy fantasy.  Six, didnt you say that an FBI informant would blow open the "Uranium One" case?  That FBI informant , who the right went on and on about when it was in the news a few months ago, has turned out to be a total bust. 

Just like Fast and Furious was a bust, the IRS scandal was a bust, and 'Benghazi' was a bust.  Getting things wrong and making things up to the point of absurdity is what your side does.

Mueller is getting down to the dirt of Trump's business dealings with Russia, and that is where the real news will appear.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.3    6 years ago
Just like Fast and Furious was a bust, the IRS scandal was a bust, and 'Benghazi' was a bust.  Getting things wrong and making things up to the point of absurdity is what your side does.

The only real investigation going on is about to reap results - devastating results. That would be the IG report, which should be released any day now. It will make interesting reading. Even the semi attractive Brooke Baldwin wont be able to ignore it. Morning Joe will have a hard time spinning it and Politico will accept it. The people will finally have the truth!

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.2.5  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  sixpick @3.2    6 years ago
Another Special Prosecutor is in the making and the biggest corruption case in this country's history

in the end... reality will force everyone to swallow the red pill

there will be chaos, there will be laughter, there will be tears, there will be joy, it will be awesome :)

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.6  MrFrost  replied to  sixpick @3.2    6 years ago
If Hilary Clinton had been elected

1ifvg5.jpg

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.7  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @3.2.6    6 years ago

Yes, she broke the law, Comey came out and said so in that first presser back in July '16

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.8  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.3    6 years ago
Just like Fast and Furious was a bust, the IRS scandal was a bust, and 'Benghazi' was a bust.

Both the Fast & Furious scandal and the IRS scandal are acknowledged by just about everyone as the Obama administration getting away with misconduct. The footnote of history will be that Obama's Justice Department did the investigating, something the media would strongly object to if the Trump administration ever did the same thing.

Let me give you an example of how history records one of these so-called investigations:

Responding to a lawsuit filed by  Judicial Watch , Thomas Kane, Deputy Assistant Chief Counsel for the IRS, wrote in a sworn declaration that Lerner's Blackberry was "removed or wiped clean of any sensitive or proprietary information and removed as scrap for disposal in June 2012." [174]  In a  USA Today  opinion column, James S. Robbins wrote, "For a scandal that is frequently derided as 'fake,' it is amazing how often real evidence disappears. The disappearing act is so frequent, it is reasonable to wonder whether it is really a systematic attempt to destroy evidence of abuse of power." [175]  An IRS  IT  official told the  National Review  that any personal folders containing Lerner's emails were unlikely to have been on the Blackberry as, if they had been, then IT employees "wouldn’t have been jumping through all the hoops to recover data from [Lerner's crashed hard] drive" in June 2011. [176]

It is only a "bust" as you call it because a poor excuse for a human being like Eric Holder prevented any evidence from seeing the light of day

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.3    6 years ago

Ok John, I guess I owe you a little leeway

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.11  devangelical  replied to    6 years ago

candidates

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.12  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to    6 years ago
The worst thing that has happened to America has been their candidate being elected.

It's not the division & hate caused by your identity politics?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    6 years ago
The Question now is why did Michael Flynn face prison while McCabe only faces a loss of government pension ?

mccabe is not out the frying pan just yet.

hint: generally speaking they do not give pensions to people they are fixing to indict on criminal charges.

relax, make some popcorn  :)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.3    6 years ago
hint: generally speaking they do not give pensions to people they are fixing to indict on criminal charges.

Quite right. When someone like McCabe dosen't leave with a gold watch, it speaks volumes about the partisan deputy director

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    6 years ago

Because Flynn isn't a Democrat lackey while McCabe is.

lib50
Professor Silent
3.4.1  lib50  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.4    6 years ago
Because Flynn isn't a Democrat lackey while McCabe is.

McCabe HASN'T BEEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME!  GOD!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.4.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  lib50 @3.4.1    6 years ago

That's my point.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.4.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @3.4.1    6 years ago

Not Yet, he basically committed perjury and leaked material to the left wing media!

lib50
Professor Silent
3.4.4  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.4.3    6 years ago
Not Yet, he basically committed perjury and leaked material to the left wing media!

You (not personal you)  can pull anything out of your ass, but if you commit a crime you get charged.  Until then, its just shit.   And if you don't like lying perjurers, be consistent and speak to the liars and perjurers from Trump on down.  Trump is the biggest liar and I can't wait til hes under oath.  We will see how consistent your standards of conduct are.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.4.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @3.4.4    6 years ago
but if you commit a crime you get charged

I don't find that to be true. Hillary Clinton didn't get charged - for any of her crimes, Lois Lerner never got charged and thus far Andrew McCabe, who did lie and did leak has not been charged.

Trump is the biggest liar and I can't wait til hes under oath.  We will see how consistent your standards of conduct are.

Um-hum, let's see if that day ever arrives, hopefully the Mueller probe will eventually get somewhere.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

Sessions said late Friday in a statement:

“After an extensive and fair investigation and according to Department of Justice procedure, the Department’s Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provided its report on allegations of misconduct by Andrew McCabe to the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR).

“The FBI’s OPR then reviewed the report and underlying documents and issued a disciplinary proposal recommending the dismissal of Mr. McCabe. Both the OIG and FBI OPR reports concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor ― including under oath ― on multiple occasions.

The FBI expects every employee to adhere to the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and accountability. As the OPR proposal stated, “all FBI employees know that lacking candor under oath results in dismissal and that our integrity is our brand.”

Pursuant to Department Order 1202, and based on the report of the Inspector General, the findings of the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility, and the recommendation of the Department’s senior career official, I have terminated the employment of Andrew McCabe effective immediately.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

Sessions’ decision to fire McCabe came as Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz concluded a bureau oversight investigation, with a report expected to be critical of McCabe’s handling of the Clinton email probe, his handling of the bureau during the early months of the Russia investigation, and his ties to the Democratic Party.

Horowitz determined that McCabe hadn't been forthcoming in regard to the handling of the FBI’s probe into Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state in the Obama administration.

The inspector general’s finding sparked an FBI disciplinary process that recommended McCabe’s firing.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    6 years ago

Fox news is all fake news...Just like donny. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @6.1    6 years ago

I think you meant CNN and MSNBC.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.1    6 years ago

Exactly!  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @6.1    6 years ago

Such a profound statement! The only news organization to ever criticize Barak Obama. How dare they!

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago

march is the time for settling debts. a lot of bs has gone down  and now payment will be collected.

mccabe is just the first to make payment. there will be others as the year goes on.

when all is said and done... this year will be remembered forever :)

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.1  MrFrost  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @7    6 years ago
there will be others as the year goes on.

Yep... Flynn, Gates, Popadopalous... Kushner, Jr., Hicks, and Donny will be next... Looking forward to it. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  MrFrost @7.1    6 years ago

the magic eight ball says no...

try again :)

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8  MrFrost    6 years ago

Pretty shitty thing to do. I don't care if you are left, right, center or a retarded trump supporter.... He did his time in public service and no one, left, right, or retarded trump supporter does 20+ years of public service for financial gain....they do it because they want to serve the public. Just like any vet. McCabe, like him or hate him, DID do public service for over 20 years. He earned his retirement. His firing is nothing more than party politics and yet another effort by the trump admin to silence the Mueller investigation. No more, no less. And yes, I would protest if this were done to say Newt Gingrich, or Trey Gowdy.... Again, like him or hate him, he earned his retirement. Can anyone, left or right say they would be fine with it if THEY were denied THEIR retirement after 20+ years of service? No. As usual, this falls along party lines. Sad. In the end, I think Mueller will have his way with trump. While McCabe will pay a heavy price for trumps crimes, in the end, trump himself will pay dearly. How you say? What makes me think that you ask? Simple. Mueller subpoena records from the Trump Organization. He didn't ask for them, he didn't request them.... In other words, he DEMANDED them....NOW. Mueller has been methodically been investigating for months...we are close to the season ending episode and there are not many players left in the game. Trump has fired, (or people have quit), just about everyone he originally hired....most are gone now. Even his most trusted people...like Hope Hicks...are gone. She resigned the day after Muller's team questioned her... That should tell you all you need to know. Mueller has the goods on trump, and everyone knows it...except Donny. When Donny goes down...who will he blame? Everyone but himself. You see....Trump has never had to answer to anyone...ever...he has always been the one in charge, so he literally thinks he can just blame someone else... He is now the POTUS...there is no one left to blame and people see through his BS. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
8.1  luther28  replied to  MrFrost @8    6 years ago

Thank you for doing the heavy lifting, fairly much mirrors my thoughts.

Trump has never had to answer to anyone...ever...he has always been the one in charge, so he literally thinks he can just blame someone else...

As the majority of Mr. Trumps wounds are self inflicted, I find this similar to a suicide victim blaming someone else for their demise. Strange days.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.3  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @8    6 years ago

McCabe better lawyer up!

lib50
Professor Silent
8.3.1  lib50  replied to  Greg Jones @8.3    6 years ago
McCabe better lawyer up!

Oh, I'm sure he knows exactly what to do. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.3.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  XDm9mm @8.3.2    6 years ago
The smart ones cover their tracks and get others to take the fall for them.

You see, the problem is Hillary didn't win. Their a$$es weren't covered. They will now pay for unmasking, leaking, lying and conspiracy against the United States of America!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
8.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @8    6 years ago

NO, he deserves to forfeit his gold platted $1.8 million retirement at age 50! Just like the FBI recommended. He violated the most basic policies of the agency, one of the two bright lines set down by director Louis Freeh way back when - all members of the FBI must tell the truth. McCabe allowed his personal politics to enter into investigations he was in charge of. He lied to cover up his own misconduct and brought dishonor to the FBI. He should have been prosecuted as Mike Flynn was or any low ranking member of the FBI would have been. BTW, after the IG report is released he just might get prosecuted and yes I want an example made of McCabe.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
8.6  1stwarrior  replied to  MrFrost @8    6 years ago

Why can you not read the article and note that it specifically STATES that the FBI is strongly recommending MCabe's dismissal - not Trump.

Sessions’ decision to fire McCabe came as Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz concluded a bureau oversight investigation, with a report expected to be critical of McCabe’s handling of the Clinton email probe, his handling of the bureau during the early months of the Russia investigation, and his ties to the Democratic Party.

Horowitz determined that McCabe hadn't been forthcoming in regard to the handling of the FBI’s probe into Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state in the Obama administration.

The inspector general’s finding sparked an FBI disciplinary process that recommended McCabe’s firing .

Now - try to answer the tread again with the rest of the information.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9  It Is ME    6 years ago

"The report by the Department of Justice Inspector General, while not yet finished, found evidence that McCabe had questionable contact with a reporter and was not fully forthcoming when asked about it about an investigation concerning the Clinton Foundation."

A nice way of saying, as a government official, he "Leaked" and "LIED" (He deserves the Flynn treatment just for the later).

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
11  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

I feel bad for him, but he should count himself lucky if he doesn't end up in jail.

That's what happens to citizens who lie to the FBI, unless they work for Hillary Clinton. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @11    6 years ago

I hear ya, sorry, I don't share your sympathy for him. His true fate is yet to be determined

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @11    6 years ago

Or are Hillary Clinton.  

PJ
Masters Quiet
12  PJ    6 years ago

This is another disturbing action in a trend of disturbing actions under this Administration.  

I find it rather discouraging that when the situation involves guns and murder there are so many that accept the narrative of "it's too soon to talk about" but with a situation in which all the fact are not all known those same individuals put on their MAGA hat and applaud destroying someone's pension.

What is also ironic is that those who are avid supporters of President Trump fail to see the connection of employers that mistreat their employees and get rid of them right before they are due their pension.  This is old school employer discrimination and bullying tactics.

I wish some people could see the big picture here.  The very rights and liberties some thought they would get from this Presidency are the very rights and liberties that we ALL are in danger of losing.  This unchecked targeting of those who don't align themselves with this Administration is the chipping away of our freedoms.  

Sadly, I'm sure my comments will be attacked and viewed as partisan.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  PJ @12    6 years ago

If you read the article, the first paragraph tells us where the decision to fire him come from.  Further down the article you will see that the recommendations come from FBI officials.  Now, as far as it being just before he retired is really irrelevant.  Especially when you look at why he was fired.  Personally I'm glad he was fired and won't get the pension.  Saves the taxpayers money.

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.1.1  PJ  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @12.1    6 years ago
If you read the article, the first paragraph tells us where the decision to fire him come from.  Further down the article you will see that the recommendations come from FBI officials.  Now, as far as it being just before he retired is really irrelevant.  Especially when you look at why he was fired.  

Yes, I read the article and I'm capable of recognizing bits and pieces and speculations based on those bits and pieces.  

Personally I'm glad he was fired and won't get the pension.  

Yes, of course you are.  I find your comment distasteful and I'm sad that you are relishing on someone's misfortune.  I'll leave it at that.    

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
12.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  PJ @12.1.1    6 years ago

Yes, I read the article and I'm capable of recognizing bits and pieces and speculations based on those bits and pieces.   

Yes, of course you are.  I find your comment distasteful and I'm sad that you are relishing on someone's misfortune.  I'll leave it at that.   

Deleted CoC {SP}  You left a comment, I responded.  Just because you don't like it you go off on some rant? Deleted, Skirting {SP}

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.1.3  PJ  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @12.1.2    6 years ago

My comment was in no way a rant.  I was expressing my disappointment in how I feel the country seems to have lost all sense of morality.  Your comment was small and petty and something I wouldn't have expected from someone who understands the sacrifices in serving one's country and how thankless it can be.  I'm simply surprised that you applaud this President when he thinks nothing of attacking those who have dedicated their lives for this country.  There is something wrong with this and yet you gloat and praise someone losing his pension.........  I just find it bizarre and mean.  

We are clearly not going to agree on this issue.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  PJ @12.1.3    6 years ago

Again, Trump didn’t fired McCabe.   McCabe’s own agency recommended he be fired.   Stop foaming at the mouth with hatred for Trump long enough to comprehend what is really happening.  That is McCabe screwed up bad enough that he got fired by his own FBI and might lose his  pension

Amazing level of denial on display here ....

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.1.5  PJ  replied to  Sparty On @12.1.4    6 years ago
foaming at the mouth

smh.....No, it's an opinion.  You don't have to agree with it and I respect that.  I'm not deterred and my opinion hasn't wavered because of your attempt to belittle it.  If you don't agree and you're not able to speak with me sans the insults then perhaps you shouldn't engage me.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.6  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  PJ @12.1.1    6 years ago

So you feel so bad for someone who lied & leaked and was derelict in his duty to this nation. Very telling - "and I'll let it go at that"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  PJ @12.1.5    6 years ago

You can't be so defensive. You must be prepared to defend your "opinion", this isn't UC Berkeley!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.1.8  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.7    6 years ago
You can't be so defensive

does that give me permission to be offensive ?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.9  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @12.1.8    6 years ago

It's not a zero sum game. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.1.10  PJ  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.7    6 years ago

Berkeley?   What am I missing here........  

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.1.11  PJ  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.6    6 years ago

No, I feel bad for those who aren't curious for the truth.  

As I commented before, there is something incredibly wrong happening here.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.12  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  PJ @12.1.10    6 years ago

Sparty On made a valid statement, aside from the part of it you were offended by.... What about that?  Isn't McCabe ultimately to blame for what happened to him?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.13  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  PJ @12.1.11    6 years ago
As I commented before, there is something incredibly wrong happening here.

Leaking & lying by officials at the FBI?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.14  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  PJ @12.1.11    6 years ago
I feel bad for those who aren't curious for the truth.

Talk about truth......Do you realize what the IG's report is going to show?

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.1.15  PJ  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.12    6 years ago

I'm waiting for the investigation to be complete.  This President and his Administration have been proven to lie.   Why would anyone come to a conclusion when we are still learning facts.  That doesn't make sense to me.  You and others can disagree, that's your right.

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.1.16  PJ  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.14    6 years ago

No, I haven't seen it yet.  Do you have a link to the full report?  I have only heard party pundits give their analysis.  I've seen very little reported because I'm traveling and working this weekend. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.17  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  PJ @12.1.15    6 years ago
I'm waiting for the investigation to be complete.

Oh, aren't we all!

This President and his Administration have been proven to lie.

Like most politicians

Why would anyone come to a conclusion when we are still learning facts.  

In this case we do have some conclusions, ones that you refuse to accept - namely that Andrew McCabe lied & leaked and that comes from the FBI

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.1.18  PJ  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.17    6 years ago

Please provide the link to the full report.  I'm happy to read it and modify my position.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.19  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  PJ @12.1.16    6 years ago
Do you have a link to the full report?

If you mean the IG Report - that has not been released yet.

If you mean the conclusions & recommendations of the OPR - I don't have the official documentation, but this is basically what it says:
McCabe is accused of misleading investigators about allegedly giving information to a former Wall Street Journal reporter about the investigation of HRC and the Clinton family’s charitable foundation.

Hopefully by the time your'e done travelling the IG report will be out and I'm sure it will make for good reading

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.1.20  PJ  replied to  Vic Eldred @12.1.19    6 years ago

Oh.....okay, so this article and the reports on t.v. are an analysis of bits and pieces of what some leaders and pundits what the public to base their opinion.

I think I'll stick with my original plan and wait to see the facts and make my own mind up.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.21  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  PJ @12.1.20    6 years ago
I think I'll stick with my original plan and wait to see the facts and make my own mind up.

These are the facts, but it's ok, you get to believe anything you want

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.2  pat wilson  replied to  PJ @12    6 years ago

Ten thumbs up (if I had them, lol).

Randy
Sophomore Participates
13  Randy    6 years ago

I am going to wait for the IG report before I comment on why he was fired. That said the way he was fired raises some questions. The recommendation being made one day, then he and his lawyer only getting one brief meeting to plead his case with Sessions instead of a Review Board like I have heard of every other Civil Servant always getting. Plus the huge amount of pressure from Trump via tweets and comments from Sarah Sanders, which politicized the whole thing enough to blur the already blurry lines between the White House and the Justice Department that Trump had been destroying since he had taken office. It made the whole firing seem like it was ordered by Trump and feel more then a little vindictive and slimy.

Also firing him after 20 years and leaving him with no benefits is something that a great number of working men and women across the country can relate to. It has happen to 100's of thousands of them as plants have shut down when the company has gone out of business, downsized or moved overseas. The optics and very obvious and extreme meanspritiedness of it, which most people know came from Trump even if Sessions pulled the trigger, no matter how much some Trump supporters say otherwise,  doesn't play well in the rust belt or anywhere else that there have been plant closing. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
13.1  PJ  replied to  Randy @13    6 years ago

I agree Randy.  It's important to wait and find out all the facts which is what my original post stated.  Many times the first information learned doesn't represent the situation accurately.  

CM
Freshman Silent
13.2  CM  replied to  Randy @13    6 years ago

Every working person young and old should be concerned about this firing when its so close to Mc Cabe's  retirement, it should not matter the party affiliations, this is troublesome, can anyone name a time in their working careers they may have misspoken, not remember a particular detail in any sort of questioning or even person life, can anyone say they have not made an error in judgment and therefore they should be fired or given the firing squad???This firing has the distasteful manner in which people such as Trump run their businesses and workers in daily threats for their jobs and livelihood, I hope McCabe gets justice..

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  CM @13.2    6 years ago
I hope McCabe gets justice..

Me too!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  CM @13.2    6 years ago
an error in judgment

?   Lying and leaking?   That's no error.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
13.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Randy @13    6 years ago
I am going to wait for the IG report before I comment on why he was fired. That said the way he was fired raises some questions. The recommendation being made one day, then he and his lawyer only getting one brief meeting to plead his case with Sessions instead of a Review Board like I have heard of every other Civil Servant always getting. Plus the huge amount of pressure from Trump via tweets and comments from Sarah Sanders, which politicized the whole thing enough to blur the already blurry lines between the White House and the Justice Department that Trump had been destroying since he had taken office. It made the whole firing seem like it was ordered by Trump and feel more then a little vindictive and slimy.

Yup, it had all of that

Also firing him after 20 years and leaving him with no benefits is something that a great number of working men and women across the country can relate to. 

Then, obviously you don't believe government officials should be punished for their misconduct. I believe it was someone at the WSJ who once described Washington DC as 'the city without consequences"

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
14  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

Thank you all

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
15  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

And special thanks to Andrew McCabe.

Thank you for admitting that James Comey gave you permission to allow others to talk with the media

and

If you are guilty of the same thing Michael Flynn did and are not facing the same punishment, then I believe you just gave President Trump the political cover to pardon Mike Flynn.

Thank you so much