╌>

3 ways the women’s movement in US politics is misunderstood

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  mbfc-censorship  •  6 years ago  •  268 comments

3 ways the women’s movement in US politics is misunderstood
Take the group Concerned Women for America, which I’ve studied extensively. It was created in 1979 in response to the political successes of the liberal feminist National Organization for Women, which some believed did not represent the political views of all American women. Concerned Women for America founder Beverly LaHaye, whose late husband was a politically prominent evangelical minister and conservative activist, saw her organization as a way to represent more traditional and religious...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

file-20181114-194513-x1ooyv.jpg?ixlib=rb

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey after winning the election. AP Photo/Butch Dill

A record number of women are headed to statehouses and Capitol Hill in 2019. One hundred women were elected to the U.S. House, which means that at least 121 women will serve in the 116th Congress – up from the current 107.

Twelve women were elected to the U.S. Senate. This new record shatters the 1992 “year of the woman” in which five women were elected to serve in the Senate.

Media outlets have been quick to attribute women’s candidacies and successes to the Democratic “blue wave.” This generalization ignores places like Alabama , where voters elected a Republican woman as governor and passed a measure that recognizes and supports “the sanctity of unborn life and the rights of unborn children” and another measure that allows the display of the Ten Commandments on public property and in schools.

In South Dakota , voters also elected a Republican female governor and rejected progressive-backed measures that would have revised campaign finance and lobbying laws as well as increased taxes on tobacco products.

As a scholar of politics and social movements, I’m often asked to explain these contradictory outcomes.

Here are three things to keep in mind about women and politics as a new Congress prepares to take office.

1. Women vote more than men, and not all are Democrats

How women vote is often not well explained in news coverage. Journalists emphasize that women vote more than men and that more women tend to identify as Democrats.

This is true. If you look at gender alone , 54 percent of women identify as Democrats or lean Democrat, and only 38 percent of women identify as Republican or lean Republican.

The problem is that these numbers miss key demographic differences that divide women’s votes. A lot of white , married women vote Republican. According to the Pew Research Center , 47 percent of white women identified as Republican or Republican-leaning and 46 percent of white women identified as Democrat or Democrat-leaning in 2016.

This thin margin among white women was clear in the 2016 presidential election: 45 percent of white women voted for Hillary Clinton and 47 percent voted for Donald Trump. Compare this to women of color: 98 percent of black women and 67 percent of Hispanic women voted for Clinton in the 2016 election.

2. Conservative feminism

file-20181114-194503-1gh3t2v.jpg?ixlib=r
Penny Nance (far right), CEO and president of Concerned Women for America, poses with President Donald Trump after he signed a measure allowing states to withhold federal funds from facilities that provide abortion services. Official White House Photo by Myles Cullen

Experts have found that conservative women and conservative women’s groups consider themselves part of the “women’s movement” even as they reject the traditional goals of that movement: equal rights legislation, legal abortion, some forms of birth control and the ability of women to serve in combat. While these conservative feminists advocate for women’s advancement in culture and politics, they celebrate and defend many aspects of traditional femininity including women’s roles as family caregivers.

Take the group Concerned Women for America , which I’ve studied extensively . It was created in 1979 in response to the political successes of the liberal feminist National Organization for Women, which some believed did not represent the political views of all American women.

Concerned Women for America founder Beverly LaHaye, whose late husband was a politically prominent evangelical minister and conservative activist, saw her organization as a way to represent more traditional and religious values in the women’s movement. The organization pushed back against legal abortion, the Equal Rights Amendment and infringements on religious expression such as restrictions on school prayer.

Today, Concerned Women of America is a political powerhouse that mobilizes its half-million members to elect Republican candidates. Virtually every Republican running for the presidency since 1980 has stopped in at the organization’s annual convention in an effort to gain the group’s favor and conservative women’s votes.

Concerned Women for America also has a strong presence in conservative states such as Alabama. The efforts of powerful conservative women’s groups including Concerned Women for America help explain why voters in Alabama elected only its second female governor in 50 years, Kay Ivey, with 60 percent of the vote and passed socially conservative measures.

Ivey is a Republican whose top two issues, according to her website , were her belief in God and her value of the lives of the unborn. It’s a safe bet to say that the women – and men – who voted for Ivey, also voted for the conservative ballot measures.

3. Women’s power at the state level

How politically powerful women are varies across the U.S. and, to some extent, reflects ideas about how women and men should act. Historians find, for example, that voters in Southern states tend to reinforce traditional gender norms and frown on women holding political office.

For example, Nevada and South Carolina are politically mixed states but vary dramatically in their ranking on women’s equality and political empowerment. According to WalletHub, a personal finance website, Nevada is the fourth best state when it comes to equality between men and women on 16 key indicators, including workplace environment, education, health and political empowerment. South Carolina ranks 45th.

The election outcomes were also very different.

In each state, seven women ran for office in the midterm elections . In Nevada, five women (Democrats and Republicans) won their races outright and another race is too close to call. Only two of the seven female candidates (both Republicans) won in South Carolina. There is a clear difference between the two states in women’s degree of political power.

Nevada also has a much better track record of women running and winning. This is not true of South Carolina , where it was seen as an achievement in 2016 when just four women were elected to the state Senate, which has 46 seats.

Women made history in 2018, but there is more to the story than the Democratic “blue wave.” The diversity of women and the different contexts in which they operate have implications for politics and policy for decades to come.

This article has been updated to correct that Kay Ivey is Alabama’s second woman governor.

Article is LOCKED by moderator [smarty_function_ntUser_get_name: user_id or profile_id parameter required]
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“Concerned Women for America also has a strong presence in conservative statessuch as Alabama. The efforts of powerful conservative women’s groupsincluding Concerned Women for America help explain why voters in Alabama elected only its second female governor in 50 years, Kay Ivey, with 60 percent of the vote and passed socially conservative measures.

Ivey is a Republican whose top two issues, according to her website, were her belief in God and her value of the lives of the unborn. It’s a safe bet to say that the women – and men – who voted for Ivey, also voted for the conservative ballot measures.”

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago
were her belief in God and her value of the lives of the unborn.

When she can prove God exists, then we can talk about enacting laws based on it. Until then?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

She can go pound sand. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @1.1    6 years ago

Just deal with it.  Concerned women for America is a mainstream women’s group advocating for conservative candidates and traditional political and moral values.  They are the antidote to NOW.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    6 years ago

Are these 'concerned women for America' like the million moms?  About 200 members - a bunch of narrow minded old biddies?  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    6 years ago

So they think its the morally right thing to do to tell people what they can do with their own bodies? Epic fail!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    6 years ago

The right lost their right to claim the moral high ground when they decided to support trump, the least moral president in history.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.5  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    6 years ago
Concerned women for America is a mainstream women’s group advocating for conservative candidates and traditional political and moral values.

Bullshit!

After The Supreme Court Struck Down DOMA, CWA’s Chief Legal Counsel Said That The Ruling Would Lead To Christians’ ‘Imprisonment.’

This is a hate group with a hard-on for gays.

Here's 10 other juicy moments in the life of this whacked out bunch of haters.

Don't forget who promoted this seed....

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.6  JBB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    6 years ago

I am thinking of publishing a humorous collection of your hilarious comments titled Messages From Opposite World. Your outrageous contentions are so far removed from reality we are left to wonder if you are not communicating with us from a through the looking glass other realm...

Please do continue with your mission though. I am convinced your contrarian contributions on social media go far to ultimately advance our understanding of just how wrongheaded the far far far right really is...

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago
The organization pushed back against legal abortion, the Equal Rights Amendment and infringements on religious expression such as restrictions on school prayer.

so basically, these conservative women are opposed to other women's individual freedom to make their own health choices, agree that they deserve less opportunities and should earn less pay than men, and believe the Constitution is subordinate to a book of fairy tales in a secular America. How unamerican and fucked up is that?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2.1  Tacos!  replied to  devangelical @1.2    6 years ago
these conservative women are opposed to other women's individual freedom to make their own health choices

No one is opposed to that - literally no one.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tacos! @1.2.1    6 years ago

The Little Sisters of the Poor are all for contraception, then?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.2    6 years ago

As long as they don’t have to fund various types of it that violate their religious beliefs.  They already won their case in court.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.2.4  Tacos!  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.2    6 years ago
The Little Sisters of the Poor are all for contraception, then?

That's the individual freedom to make their own health choices, isn't it. They aren't stopping anyone else from using contraception.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @1.2.4    6 years ago

Yes they are by denying the benefit of having the prescription plan of any employees not paying for birth control.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @1.2.4    6 years ago

Looks like many don't really understand the SCOTUS' unanimous ruling vacating lower court orders and suggesting a compromise everyone could agree to. The Sister's religious freedom remains intact, and women get contraception coverage provided by their healthcare plan.

It was definitely a victory for the Sisters.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.7  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tacos! @1.2.4    6 years ago

"We see a direct connection between the practice of contraception and the practice of abortion," says Judie Brown, president of the American Life League, an organization that has battled abortion for 27 years but that, like others, now has a larger mission. "The mind-set that invites a couple to use contraception is an antichild mind-set," she told me. "So when a baby is conceived accidentally, the couple already have this negative attitude toward the child. Therefore seeking an abortion is a natural outcome. We oppose all forms of contraception."

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.5    6 years ago

It’s ridiculous that employers health insurance has to be involved in buying birth control.  Nothing like compelling some to violate their own conscience by providing something any employee can buy for themselves. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.9  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.8    6 years ago

Contraception is healthcare.  Employers often offer a compensation package that includes insurance to help cover the cost of health care.  I don't tell my employees how to spend their paychecks, and I don't tell them what medical care they can and cannot have.

PJ
Masters Quiet
1.2.10  PJ  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.9    6 years ago
Contraception is healthcare.

They will never understand that.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
1.2.11  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.8    6 years ago
It’s ridiculous that employers health insurance has to be involved in buying birth control.  Nothing like compelling some to violate their own conscience by providing something any employee can buy for themselves. 

I can buy anything I damn well want. My wife wife had whacked out cycles, 10 days here 35 days there. The doctor correctly prescribed bcp's to regulate the timing. I already had a vasectomy long before that but that's why I buy insurance. 

So are you saying my phamceutical needs should be adjusted to your beliefs? I take 8 meds a day just to stay alive...something you morally find objectionable may be coming to my medicine cabinet one day....I'm not going to let you do that to anyone.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  Studiusbagus @1.2.11    6 years ago
'It’s ridiculous that employers health insurance has to be involved in buying birth control.'

What's ridiculous about it?

The only thing that is ridiculous is your comment . 

'Nothing like compelling some to violate their own conscience by providing something any employee can buy for themselves.'

Through THEIR HEALTH INSURANCE WHICH THEY PAID FOR

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
1.2.13  Studiusbagus  replied to  Tacos! @1.2.1    6 years ago

Then why did Dr. Heller die?

Why are women's clinics under attacks?

Why do we have guys shooting up clinics?

Why is this group against birth control and abortion?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.9    6 years ago

When I wore a uniform, the military gave me my birth control pills at no cost to me. I think they thought it was in their best interest to keep me child free for as long as possible.

Those pills also helped with those horrible cramps I would have gotten every month otherwise. That was also in their best interest because then I became more productive.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.2.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.12    6 years ago

Ah, Tessy, XX said that, not Studi

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
1.2.16  Studiusbagus  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.15    6 years ago

Whew! Almost had to check and see if my little buddy was still attached...lol

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.2.17  sandy-2021492  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.2.14    6 years ago

I was like Studi's wife - crazy irregular cycles, sometimes lasting for most of a month when I was in college.  Add nausea and vomiting every cycle, and I was miserable and anemic.  I needed birth control pills for reasons other than birth control.

And then there are women for whom pregnancy is dangerous - heart conditions, severe diabetes, etc.  Contraception saves lives.  Forcing women to risk pregnancies that can kill them is most definitely not pro-life.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.18  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @1.2.1    6 years ago

False. CWA is and they lobby to defund family planning programs and they supported the 'Contract for America' which most definitely opposed women's individual freedom. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.19  Tessylo  replied to  Studiusbagus @1.2.16    6 years ago

Sorry, I meant to direct that comment to the poster - not you.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.20  Tessylo  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.2.17    6 years ago

I don't mind menopause at all compared to having my monthly period.  It would last up to 10 days sometimes and very heavy for the first 4 or 5 days.  The amount of money spent on pads and tampons and ruined clothes for such a bloody goddamned mess.  I loved the pill for that reason alone - it regulated my periods very nicely.  Only about two days and very light.  

What's a few hot flashes compared to that?  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago
were her belief in God and her value of the lives of the unborn

"Things an unscrupulous politician would say to garner the votes of poorly educated religious conservatives?"

"Correct"

"I'll stick with 'Fooling Idiots' for $400 Alex"...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago

So she doesn't care about jobs or safety of her citizens?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.5  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago

You seem to think that is a good thing Xx. 

Alabama is consistently on the bottom of ratings in just about every category. In fact, during Ivey's reign, Alabama has lost ground in the ONLY standard that you seem to care about, economic. Alabama went from 38th to 41st. Even YOU must admit that's the WRONG direction. 

Overall, Alabama is ranked 46th, even worse at 47th in education and 48th in opportunity. Over 17% live in poverty, 26.5 % are children and that has gone UP since 2000.

So Ivey's belief in God and value for the lives of the unborn sure as hell hasn't translated into much good happening for the LIVE children in her state. The fact that Alabama voted to 'stay the course' is a sad reflection of cognitive dissonance and a willingness to vote against their own best interest. 

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
1.6  Steve Ott  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago
value of the lives of the unborn.

Because we gotta wait until they're born to determine they are worthless.

lib50
Professor Silent
2  lib50    6 years ago

Any group that allows politicians and religious organizations to usurp a woman's full and complete rights to her entire body and healthcare has no business calling itself a womrn's rights group.  Mind you, these same conservatives voted for overtly racist candidates and liars (would you include Cindy Hyde-Smith in that group?).   The word 'women' in the name of an organization has no bearing of its real intent.  In this case, it is to deny women rights.  A woman denying other women rights is no different than a man doing it.  Almost worse.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lib50 @2    6 years ago

Concerned women for America is the largest women’s rights organization in America.  One can be for women’s rights and oppose the secular progressive agenda against America.  

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.1  lib50  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    6 years ago

No, one can't be for women's rights with an exception for healthcare, the last place anybody but the woman has a right to input.  There is no exception for women's rights,  you are either FOR them all, or AGAINST them.  Nobody gets to pick and choose except the woman involved.  I don't care what stupid jargon you stick in there WTF does 'secular progressive' have to do with FULL RIGHTS for women?  I guess they are the only ones who do actually support the full monty. 

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.2  JBB  replied to  lib50 @2.1.1    6 years ago

Righties want things for women to be like in The Handmaiden's Tale. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lib50 @2.1.1    6 years ago

Many women don’t want the “right” to be able to take the life of another human being, even if that person is still inside their own body.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.3    6 years ago

It isn't up to "many" women what another woman does with her body....they can go to hell.

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.5  lib50  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.3    6 years ago

Any REAL woman who cared would do what is best for her, and let other women do the same.  This is nothing more than a religious group using women to keep their power and control other women.  They don't like gays either.  Just the christian taliban who want to exert their control over other women.   And stop the bullshit about abortion being murder, that is just another way to force beliefs on others. It isn't murder.   

To repeat, THIS IS NOT GROUP THAT IS FOR WOMEN AND WOMEN'S RIGHTS.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.3    6 years ago
Many women don’t want the “right” to be able to take the life of another human being, even if that person is still inside their own body

And those women never have to use that right. No one will ever force them to get an abortion, that's also part of a woman's rights over her own body.

By taking away a woman's right over her body by banning abortion, you effectively set the legal precedent for the government to force a woman to get an abortion, you're giving the government control over a woman's reproductive rights.

By respecting the supreme courts ruling in regards to a woman's rights you are supporting keeping government out of controlling human reproduction. I don't know about you, but I've seen where government control over reproduction can lead and putting those rights in the hands of the women who must carry the burden (and joys) of reproduction makes far more sense to me. I wish no one would ever feel like they need to choose abortion, I am not in any way "pro-abortion" (which is a misnomer as no one I've ever run into is pro-abortion) but I recognize that each persons situation is different and every single case and reason is unique and unless I was able to walk a mile in every single woman's shoes, I could never make their choices for them. Not even for the young Christian mother who may have been raped and is bearing her rapists child but chooses to believe it was somehow Gods purpose because she got pregnant and thus chooses to keep a child that may remind her daily of the most traumatic violent event in her life. But that's her choice, not mine, and that's a good thing, but it works both ways.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lady in black @2.1.4    6 years ago

Those who oppose abortion for conscience reasons will not be the ones going to Hell.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.6    6 years ago

we are using science to show a baby to be a human being with a measurable heartbeat and a feeling of pain at earlier ages and removing all doubt that it’s conception that begins all mammal life including human.  Ultrasounds show how human a baby is in a clear and unmistakable way so that the one getting an abortion knows exactly what it is that they are terminating the existence of.  

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.1.9  charger 383  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.3    6 years ago

many do want to choose what happens inside of them 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.10  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.7    6 years ago

When you can prove that Hell or its creator exist, then we'll worry about that.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.1.11  charger 383  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.8    6 years ago
feeling of pain

did the first born of Egypt feel pain?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.1.12  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.8    6 years ago
we are using science to show

So when its science showing how human an embryo might seem, it's to be accepted and respected. But when its determining the age of the earth or claiming man has a major effect on global climate change the science isn't to be believed, it's all a hoax. It must be convenient to have such limber contortionist logic to not even notice the gaping holes in your ideology.

"so that the one getting an abortion knows exactly what it is"

They already know, it's not a secret. No one is being told it's a fish or insect that is being terminated. But knowing doesn't mean a woman should be stripped of the rights over her body. The only ones truly throwing a conniption over abortion seem to be the overly zealous conservative Christians who allow their baseless, unproven belief in a magical immortal soul to inform their secular policy making decisions for other people.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.13  lady in black  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @2.1.12    6 years ago

And just to show how hypocritical they are Christian women have abortions too yet they want to deny another woman that choice.  It's okay for them but not for others.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Tessylo  replied to  lady in black @2.1.13    6 years ago

They're the ones outside protesting the women getting birth control and possibly an abortion while they go somewhere else to get an abortion and screech at the doctors that they're in the right and other women are going to hell.  

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.15  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.14    6 years ago

If all of the good christian women who ever terminated a pregnancy for whatever good reasons were to be raptured up to Heaven on Saturday night church pews across America would be half empty on Sunday morning...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.7    6 years ago
'Those who oppose abortion for conscience reasons will not be the ones going to Hell.'

No one is going to hell and that burns you up even more doesn't it?  I bet that burns up those nosey old biddies to no end also?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.7    6 years ago
Those who oppose abortion for conscience reasons will not be the ones going to Hell.  

What are you trying to say here without crossing that proselytizing line?

Women who don't oppose abortion are going to hell? I guess I'm going to hell.....according to you

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.18  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.17    6 years ago

There has only been one elective termination I know of in my family. All the women in the family met about it, prayed about it and ultimately supported her decision which was based on pretty much all the valid reasons any woman could have. A bad marriage, money problems, health issues and already having more children than she could say grace over. The women in the family took care of everything. They supported her beforehand and nursed her recovery. The men in the family minded our own business. Nobody liked it. Nobody wanted it. It was her very tough very painful very personal decision. The only way to prevent some women terminating some pregnancies is to avoid unwanted pregnancies to begin with by doing three simple things...

1. Providing all children with comprehensive sex education prior to puberty. 

2. Providing easy access to all forms of birth control.

3. Providing easy access to women's health services such as those provided by Planned Parenthood.

Butt, XX opposes all these things proven to virtually eliminate demand for termonation services. Why? I wonder...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  JBB @2.1.18    6 years ago

His God has told him to oppose all those things.

My own sainted mother would have died without an abortion. It makes more sense to me for her to have had the abortion because she already had 2 children to take care of. It would have been a great tragedy for my family if she had continued the pregnancy, ended up dead, and still no baby. Even if the baby had survived how was my father going to take care of 2 small children and a baby?

This is what the Right Wing Theocrats want!

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.20  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.19    6 years ago

Yours is a story that touches almost everyone. How could it not? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.21  Trout Giggles  replied to  JBB @2.1.20    6 years ago

I actually had someone tell me that my mother sinned because she should have sacrificed her life for her unborn child. This was in another internet forum a long time ago. Needless to say, I lit the fireworks and let her have it.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.22  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.3    6 years ago
Many women don’t want the “right” to be able to take the life of another human being,

So instead of all women being able to make a choice with their body you want to take away everyone's rights so the women on your side won't have to make hard decicions. 

CONTROL.....not rights is what you want.

This is a predominently christian nation, not a christian nation. 

You want shit like that, It won't be in America we are the land of freedom, even from you and yours.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.1.23  charger 383  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.7    6 years ago
Those who oppose abortion for conscience reasons will not be the ones going to Hell

how do you know this?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.1.24  sandy-2021492  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.21    6 years ago
Needless to say, I lit the fireworks and let her have it.

Good for you.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.25  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    6 years ago
Concerned women for America is the largest women’s rights organization in America.  

Utter bullshit. 

One can be for women’s rights and oppose the secular progressive agenda against America.  

They can't be called a 'women's rights group' since they only support CHRISTIAN women. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.26  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.8    6 years ago
we are using science to show a baby to be a human being with a measurable heartbeat and a feeling of pain at earlier ages and removing all doubt that it’s conception that begins all mammal life including human.

More utter bullshit. A zygote doesn't have a heartbeat or feel anything Xx, THAT'S a scientific FACT. 

Ultrasounds show how human a baby is in a clear and unmistakable way so that the one getting an abortion knows exactly what it is that they are terminating the existence of.

Well unless we're talking about 'Aliens', an ultrasound better show a 'human' embryo. That doesn't mean that embryo is a 'person'. 

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
2.1.27  Phoenyx13  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.7    6 years ago

ah yes, a comment filled with thinly veiled threats through the lens of your faith in an unproven mystical entity , an attempt at bullying and intimidating people to lockstep with your belief system or suffer consequences - same as the group you are promoting in this seed . I wish i could say i was surprised... jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.28  Trout Giggles  replied to  Phoenyx13 @2.1.27    6 years ago
an attempt at bullying and intimidating people to lockstep with your belief system or suffer consequences

I'm living proof it's not working

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2  Tacos!  replied to  lib50 @2    6 years ago
politicians and religious organizations to usurp a woman's full and complete rights to her entire body and healthcare

No one is doing that.

to deny women rights

Women have the same rights as men.

lib50
Professor Silent
2.2.2  lib50  replied to  Tacos! @2.2    6 years ago

I'll bet you really believe that.   Women do NOT have the same rights to control certain aspects of their healthcare if certain employers, churches or politicians have their say (which they do in some places).  These groups are currently trying to exert their will on female fertility legislatively and judicially. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  lib50 @2.2.2    6 years ago

Sure he does.  I'm sure he has no problem with men getting their boner pills but no women should be able to control her own reproductive choices .  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @2.2    6 years ago

We can vote. There's that

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.5  Tacos!  replied to  lib50 @2.2.2    6 years ago
Women do NOT have the same rights to control certain aspects of their healthcare if certain employers, churches or politicians have their say

They do have the same rights. But here's the thing: The Left thinks a right to something includes obliging someone else to pay for it. That's not how rights work.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.6  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.3    6 years ago
men getting their boner pills

You can get them, too, if you want them. Same rights.

no women should be able to control her own reproductive choices

I don't know of anyone who is controlling whether or not you can have kids.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.7  Tacos!  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.4    6 years ago
no women should be able to control her own reproductive choices

Yeah! A right enshrined in the Constitution by men, by the way. Just sayin. There's so much talk these days about the cruelty of the patriarchy and wars on women and such. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.8  MrFrost  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.5    6 years ago
obliging someone else to pay for it.

Well, it's not the government, we know that. Hyde Agreement made sure that would not happen. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.2.9  sandy-2021492  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.7    6 years ago
Yeah! A right enshrined in the Constitution by men, by the way. Just sayin.

And always recognized as such, by men.  Just as women were never treated as less than men, by men.

Oh, wait...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.7    6 years ago

I don't who you're talking to but I didn't say that

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.6    6 years ago
'men getting their boner pills'
'You can get them, too, if you want them. Same rights.'
That's foolish.  
'I don't know of anyone who is controlling whether or not you can have kids'

How would you know that?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.5    6 years ago
No one else is paying for these elective abortions NO ONE.  Why do some always bring up that same old tired ass lie?

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.2.13  charger 383  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.5    6 years ago
 pay for it.

things the government provides for kids costs way more than an abortion, others are obliged to pay those costs

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.14  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.5    6 years ago
The Left thinks a right to something includes obliging someone else to pay for it. That's not how rights work.

It's hypocritical that the right have no issue with paying for EVERY form of healthcare used by men but demand the right to micromanage every dime spent on the healthcare women use. 

Oh and BTW, WE do pay to ensure that EVERYONE has the same rights. An example would be providing legal counsel for those who cannot afford it. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.15  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.6    6 years ago
You can get them, too, if you want them.

Really? You know of a urologist who would prescribe Viagra for a woman? Link please. 

Same rights.

Nope. The government allows employers to single out women to deny coverage. Not the same at all.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.16  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @2.2.15    6 years ago
You know of a urologist who would prescribe Viagra for a woman?

What a urologist chooses to do has nothing to do with the government and women's rights.

The government allows employers to single out women to deny coverage.

Explain what you mean.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.17  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.16    6 years ago
What a urologist chooses to do has nothing to do with the government and women's rights.

Stop with the obtuseness. You claimed a woman can get 'boner pills' if she wants them. Since 'boner pills' are by prescription only, you KNOW your claim is bullshit.

Explain what you mean.

Why would I continue in good faith when you have already proven that you can't. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.18  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @2.2.17    6 years ago

Keep things civil on my seed and avoid personal attacks/put downs here.  Thanks.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.19  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.18    6 years ago
Keep things civil on my seed and avoid personal attacks/put downs here.  Thanks.  

If you think my comment is a personal attack, flag it and refrain from commenting.  

Other than that, go pound sand...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.20  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @2.2.19    6 years ago

It’s my seed and I’m free to encourage civility and comity on my seeds whether you like it or not.  Deal with it or post on someone else’s seeds.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.21  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.20    6 years ago
It’s my seed and I’m free to encourage civility and comity on my seeds whether you like it or not.  

I'm free to IGNORE your 'encouragement'.

My comment wasn't a personal attack and it wasn't removed. I know YOU don't like that. Pretty ironic since you pretend to be the standard bearer for free speech...

Deal with it or post on someone else’s seeds.  

I deal with it by posting wherever the hell I want. Why are you trying to censor me Xx? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.22  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @2.2.21    6 years ago

I didn’t flag your comment and have no intention to do so.  Exposing for all to see the complete and total lack of civility and comity was my intent and you played right along.  You said you were free to ignore my comment yet you couldn’t do it.  I stated my opinion of your questioning the integrity of another member and stand by it.  I was neither trying to get your post removed nor to censor you.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.23  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.22    6 years ago
I didn’t flag your comment and have no intention to do so.  Exposing for all to see the complete and total lack of civility and comity was my intent and you played right along.  

So you now acknowledge that your claim that my comment was a  'personal attack/put down' was bullshit. About time. 

You said you were free to ignore my comment yet you couldn’t do it.  

Actually, no, NO it didn't. I said that I am free to ignore your 'encouragement', which I have every intention to do...

I stated my opinion of your questioning the integrity of another member and stand by it.  

Actually, you didn't. 

BTFW, you calling for civility and comity is comical. 

I was neither trying to get your post removed nor to censor you.  

Right, you're just trying to get me to stop posting in your seed. You're just going to have to embrace disappointment. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.24  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @2.2.23    6 years ago

Impasse.....

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.25  Studiusbagus  replied to  Dulay @2.2.23    6 years ago

[Removed]

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.26  Dulay  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.2.25    6 years ago

[Removed

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.27  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @2.2.17    6 years ago

[deleted]

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.28  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.27    6 years ago

[deleted]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.2.29  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dulay @2.2.28    6 years ago

To everyone on this thread,

When an impasse is called, it ends the discussion on the thread. If you would like the discussion to continue (but not with the person who called the impasse), please start a new thread. 

Thanks!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.30  Tacos!  replied to  Dulay @2.2.28    6 years ago
It sure as hell DOES prove your claim FALSE. A woman can NOT get a prescription for Viagra.

It has nothing to do with rights, though. It's just because physiologically, it doesn't appear to do much for women.

However, there have been studies that indicate it could be of some help psychologically for women seeking to increase sexual pleasure. Some doctors have been prescribing it for women for almost 20 years, but not in big numbers and the FDA hasn't approved it for that yet. That doesn't mean you can't get it, though.

limit health care coverage for female employees to ONLY the prescription drugs they approve

Again, that's about paying for something, not the right to get it. This is really not a difficult concept. Your right to obtain something does not include the right to have other people pay for it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.31  Tacos!  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.2.29    6 years ago

Uh ???

I didn't call an impasse, nor has anyone I was talking to.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.32  Studiusbagus  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.31    6 years ago

As I understood it, all of our comments were related to that call and such are forbidden. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.33  Tacos!  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.2.32    6 years ago

I remain confused. I didn't think the discussion between Dulay and I had anything to do with the impasse called by MBFC. jrSmiley_87_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.34  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.33    6 years ago

I don't get it either. I thought impasse was between two people. Not to stop a whole thread.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.35  Dulay  replied to  Ender @2.2.34    6 years ago
I don't get it either. I thought impasse was between two people. Not to stop a whole thread.

That WAS my understanding too but the call is that it ENDS THE THREAD. Which means that all of our comments after Perrie's are violations of the IMPASSE rule. 

It seems punitive to cut off a discussion just because ONE person in the thread makes a call, but that's the way it is. 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.36  Studiusbagus  replied to  Ender @2.2.34    6 years ago

I can't say in regards to yours as I didn't see your commemt but they directly followed mine.

I commented on the call and not the subject but still related and explained to my satisfaction when I started whining.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.37  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @2.2.33    6 years ago

Me me too.  I thought it only stopped the arguing between him and myself.  Not stopping everyone from further comment.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.2.38  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.37    6 years ago

Egads people, please read the CoC. It should be that when I or a mod posts in purple, that people pay attention and follow the directives. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    6 years ago

Why must the far far far far far far rightwing insist on defining everyone else?

Wrongly, I surely need not even add though I will in case someone wondered...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @3    6 years ago

We are not the far far whatever right.  We are mainstream conservatives.  It would seem to be you that is the one doing the defining of others.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1    6 years ago

I think fundamentalists who believe the Earth is <10,000 years old (among many other odd notions) have earned the label 'far far right'.

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1.2  JBB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1    6 years ago

You must redefine the word mainstream to include the CWA...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.1    6 years ago

It would seem to me that the pseudoscience advocacy of evolution would earn one the label of intolerance.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @3.1.2    6 years ago

Concerned women for America are the mainstream.  It’s NOW that are the out of the mainstream bitter haters.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.3    6 years ago
It would seem to me that the pseudoscience advocacy of evolution would earn one the label of intolerance.

Labeling evolution (the foundation of modern biology) as pseudoscience is fanatical willful ignorance.   

Is genetics (DNA, etc.) pseudoscience too?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.6  lady in black  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.5    6 years ago

Some people wouldn't know real science if it bit them in the nose.  When some don't understand they label it pseudo....

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.7  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1    6 years ago

BS....this is their mission statement, nothing mainstream about it

Founded in 1979, the mission of Concerned Women for America (CWA) is to protect and promote Biblical values among all citizens - first through prayer, then education, and finally by influencing our society - thereby reversing the decline in moral values in our nation. We help people focus on six core issues, which we have determined need Biblical principles most and where we can have the greatest impact. These issues are: family, the sanctity of human life, education, pornography, religious liberty, and national sovereignty. CWA is a unique blend of policy experts and an activist network of people in small towns and big cities across the country working to address mutually held goals and concerns.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.8  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.3    6 years ago
pseudoscience advocacy of evolution

You said calling something pseudoscience was censorship.  Seems that only applies when it's your mythology that's being called pseudoscience.  You don't seem to mind "censoring" real science by calling it pseudoscience.

lib50
Professor Silent
3.1.9  lib50  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.4    6 years ago
Concerned women for America are the mainstream.

No they are not, they are another religious organization using women to promote their views on women and sexuality generally,  they are more like the christian taliban, against gays, LGBT, anti-sexual violence legislation, abortion, the list goes on.   And it is NOT a mainstream view today.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
3.1.10  Phoenyx13  replied to  lady in black @3.1.7    6 years ago
We help people focus on six core issues, which we have determined need Biblical principles most and where we can have the greatest impact.

oh look.. the mission statement from another religious based organization that advocates enforcing their religious beliefs onto others and trying to control everyone else's lives through the lens of their faith in an unproven, mystical entity - now i can see why this organization is supported by certain posters who claim to supposedly not want a theocracyjrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.11  lady in black  replied to  Phoenyx13 @3.1.10    6 years ago

And doncha know it's mainstreamjrSmiley_31_smiley_image.gif

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lady in black @3.1.6    6 years ago

That’s what certain bigots and haters do to believers in creation, in the existence of angels, or disagree about the extent and cause of climate change.  They label and then censor to enforce their dogmatic bigotry.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.13  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lady in black @3.1.11    6 years ago

Concerned women for America, Liberty Council, Family Research Council, Alliance Defending Freedom, CIS, FAIR, are all well within the mainstream of American political thought.  All have prominent relationships with the executive administration, congressional leadership, and or the US Supreme Court.  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.14  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.12    6 years ago

You're free to spread your religion and falsely claim that it's science.

You are not entitled to a platform from which to do so, and you're not entitled to do so without being called out on it.

None of that is censorship.  Nor is it bigotry.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.15  TᵢG  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.14    6 years ago

To add to that ...

This is a discussion / debate forum.   At its very best, such a forum will encourage members to engage in a civil and honest fashion.   The value of this is that both sides can present arguments, facts, etc. for the readers to consider.

Obfuscation and other intellectually dishonest tactics simply show weakness in a position.   These tactics offer no value and actually degrade the credibility of the author.

When a specific direct question is asked, one should either offer an answer, state 'I do not know' or end the discussion.   IMO.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.15    6 years ago

When one point of view is prevented from bringing its sources that support its beliefs to the table to have that open discussion what would we call it?  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.1.17  TᵢG  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.16    6 years ago

If you plan to bring the Bible as your source you would first need to establish its credibility.   Quoting from an ancient book is meaningless unless that book has been established as something more than words of ancient men.

Nobody will stop you from making a logical argument on why the Bible is the divine word of a perfect God.   But quoting a book does not establish credibility of the book.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.18  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.8    6 years ago

It’s called mirroring.  Putting up an example so that others engaging in it on their side will see it for what it was/is. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.19  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lady in black @3.1.7    6 years ago

A proud pro America group of fine American women. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.20  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.18    6 years ago

It doesn't work when one side is being truthful and the other isn't.

Creationism isn't science.  It's myth.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.21  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.19    6 years ago

A bunch of sad sacks that have to butt into other people's lives since they have shitty lives of their own

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.22  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.12    6 years ago

Censorship my aunt fanny.....there is NO evidence of creationism and intelligent design.  It's pseudo bullshit

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.23  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.19    6 years ago
A proud pro America group of fine American women. 

CWA Opposed Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Because Heterosexuals Forced To Cohabitate With Fellow LGBTQ Soldiers Would Face “Undue Sexual Tension.”

CWA Said that same-sex foster parters were using children like “guinea pigs” and have fought against LGBTQ parents receiving custody of their children.

The ‘I Can’ campaign is geared toward three special Girls Inc. programs building skills in science and math, developing leadership skills, and encouraging athleticism and team spirit. … Concerned Women for America says sales of the ‘I Can’ bracelet support the ‘pro-abortion, pro-lesbian agenda’ of Girls Inc

Yeeeaaah.

Fine American women I would drive from my neighborhood...for the safety of children.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.24  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @3.1.7    6 years ago

You know who was one of the founding "mothers" of CWA? Beverly LaHaye....wife of Tim LaHaye of the "Left Behind" infamy

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.25  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.16    6 years ago
When one point of view is prevented from bringing its sources that support its beliefs to the table to have that open discussion what would we call it?  

If you mean those "alternate sites" you touted years ago bragging about them only to find they are lying propaganda sites so frequently that they are on many list....

I'd call that "Been there, done that, too many lies exposed"

You should know that by now since your continued participation in more than one site hug or hangs in the balance of just how far you want to promote these lies. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.26  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.24    6 years ago

oops ... more like "didn't make it". is that the movie where it looks like somebody dumped the barbeque out on the sunday clothes of hypocrites around town, or am I confusing pseudo-science fiction with regular science fiction?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @3.1.26    6 years ago

I'm not sure I ever saw any of the Left Behind movies. I read the books and that was enough

lady in black
Professor Quiet
3.1.28  lady in black  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.24    6 years ago

Looney tunes.....

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.29  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.20    6 years ago

God says otherwise.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.30  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lady in black @3.1.22    6 years ago

The seed is about women’s groups in politics.  Let’s try to stay on topic.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.31  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.30    6 years ago

more like sexually repressed xtian projectionists whose pool of eligible suitors are more interested in much younger sexual acquisitions

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.32  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.29    6 years ago

That's nice.  Prove it!

(with apologies to Gordy)

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.33  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.18    6 years ago

Actually, it's call hypocrisy.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3.1.34  charger 383  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.29    6 years ago
God says otherwise.  

where?  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.35  MrFrost  replied to  charger 383 @3.1.34    6 years ago
where?

Twitter? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.36  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.8    6 years ago

It is censorship when the political left does it or the so called pro science bigots do so.  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3.1.37  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.36    6 years ago

So, rational people call out creation "science" as the mythology it is, and that's somehow censorship, even though nobody stops them from putting forth that mythology as truth.

Some folks call actual science "pseudoscience" because they don't like their mythology being exposed as such, and they're the persecuted ones?

Ok.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.38  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @3.1.2    6 years ago

No, you would have to redefine mainstream to include the SPLC and it’s membership.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.39  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.14    6 years ago

It is both, plain and simple.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.40  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  TᵢG @3.1.17    6 years ago

The Bible was not what I was referring to here.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.41  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.40    6 years ago

What other sources could you possibly use to back up your claims?

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.42  Dulay  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.41    6 years ago
What other sources could you possibly use to back up your claims?

You were expecting him to back up his claims with sources? Hilarious...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.43  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dulay @3.1.42    6 years ago

Well, yeah. He said he wasn't referring to the Bible, so he has to have another source.

If he's the honorable man he claims to be, then he needs to show his other source

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.44  Dulay  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.43    6 years ago
If he's the honorable man he claims to be, then he needs to show his other source

You forgot the sarcasm tag...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.45  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.43    6 years ago

I was referring to The Stream, Christian Broadcasting Network, Family Research Council, Alliance Defending Freedom, Creation Research Institute and a host of other religion, political, and science sites that are censored as so called pseudoscience or so called hate here because of their and or my religious beliefs.  And you questioned whether I’d answer or not.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.46  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.45    6 years ago

You're going to use those as your source to prove there's a God?????

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1.47  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.45    6 years ago

unamerican [Deleted] money laundering scams promoting theocracy, one and all

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.48  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.46    6 years ago

Claims was plural and yes those are great places to back up my claims. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.49  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @3.1.37    6 years ago

deleted

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.50  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.48    6 years ago

How do those sources support your claims that God exists?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4  MrFrost    6 years ago

Never ceases to amaze me...that many on the right yell and scream that they are for more individual freedoms....then turn around and want to deny those freedoms for women. SMFH.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1  devangelical  replied to  MrFrost @4    6 years ago

I'd like to know what these potential pussy grabees' are doing off their backs. shouldn't they be doing housework, fixing dinner, home schooling children, or reciting scripture? /s

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    6 years ago

"Traditional conservative Christian values"? Like josh duggar, kim davis and our cheater in chief? Pass. If those are the values they are pushing....i want no part of it.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6  It Is ME    6 years ago

To be honest...…. Everything "Political" is ALWAYS misunderstood !

Women have been voting for decades, along with any other "ism" you can think of. Problem "IS" (depending on what "IS" ….is), There isn't a so-called "Professional" out their that can tell you "Exactly" why folks "Vote" the way they do.

I do Luv those....."I know EVERYTHING" folks on the Boob tube !

They have ALL the answers, even when they DON'T !

I LUV's POLITCS ! jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

PJ
Masters Quiet
8  PJ    6 years ago
The problem is that these numbers miss key demographic differences that divide women’s votes. A lot of  white married women  vote Republican. According to the  Pew Research Center , 47 percent of white women identified as Republican or Republican-leaning 

Yes, these women have been brainwashed by their religions that being married and being subservient to your husband is their duty.   It is the highest honor and example of how they support their God (aka men).

While these  conservative feminists  advocate for women’s advancement in culture and politics, they celebrate and defend many aspects of traditional femininity including women’s roles as family caregivers.

Again, these women have been brainwashed to believe their highest role and responsibility is to be subservient to their men and to take care of the children.  Women are second class citizens in the religious world.

Don't get me wrong, I believe they have every right to continue the lifestyle of women from the early 1900's if that's what makes them happy.  Most of these women I've found have very low self esteem and require men in their lives to help define them.  These are the type of women that are very malleable and easily manipulated.  That's why they tend to be religious.

Here's the problem.  For so long men have been able to force this perception that they are the better sex.  They are smarter and can take care of their families.  Unfortunately, they've been exposed or maybe it's a more accurate description to say their big lie has been exposed with every new generation of men.  I see the men today and view them as weak and lazy.  I am uninspired by them so why take on their baggage......

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
8.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  PJ @8    6 years ago
Again, these women have been brainwashed to believe their highest role and responsibility is to be subservient to their men and to take care of the children.  Women are second class citizens in the religious world.

Yeah, no shit! And they have the balls to bray on about middle eastern women.

Regarding your comment about men....I don't see them as weak and lazy.

I see them as weak and stupid. Easily led by suggestive impulse. It's like living life through 30 second commercials. Couldn't control a situation if their life depended on it. Adulthood is not their goal.

Unfortunately, through my travels I have seen versions of the same in other places and cultures but never as obvious as here in the USA.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Studiusbagus @8.2    6 years ago
And they have the balls to bray on about middle eastern women.

Ironic, isn't it?

I watched a show last night about Jehovah's Witnesses and they talked about how women are treated worse than second class citizens.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  PJ @8    6 years ago

How are women supposed to advance in culture and politics if they're stuck at home wiping snotty noses and poopy butts?

PJ
Masters Quiet
8.3.1  PJ  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.3    6 years ago

Yeah - and then they also have to take care of the kids.  hahahahaha

Kidding aside, this is why I'm a firm supporter of choice.  Women should have a choice of the lifestyle they want to live.  

charger 383
Professor Silent
9  charger 383    6 years ago

If God is against abortion(and we don't know that), let him deal with it if he has a judgement day, until then let women make their choice 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  charger 383 @9    6 years ago

I doubt very much God is against abortion since He causes so many miscarriages.....

charger 383
Professor Silent
9.1.1  charger 383  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1    6 years ago

You are right, I wonder if those opposing abortions ever consider they might not be doing what their lord wants

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1    6 years ago

God doesn’t cause miscarriages.  Nature does due to our imperfect sinful nature.  Before sin, miscarriages would not have happened as there was no death before then.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  charger 383 @9.1.1    6 years ago

[Deleted]

charger 383
Professor Silent
9.1.4  charger 383  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.2    6 years ago

and how long did that last?  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
9.1.5  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.2    6 years ago
God doesn’t cause miscarriages.

God made that fetus that miscarried, or made that woman who was unable to carry to term.

Unless you're saying God really doesn't have all that much input.  Is that what you're saying?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @9.1.5    6 years ago

The wages of sin is death.  Death is a natural consequence of sin.  To say that God causes miscarriages is to say that He causes every heart attack, every stroke, every cancer that afflicts everyone ever afflicted with such.  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
9.1.7  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.6    6 years ago

But he did.  He created those arteries prone to atherosclerosis, and those cancer cells.  If you believe he created us, then you can't hold him innocent of creating us flawed.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.2    6 years ago

Sin does not exist

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.6    6 years ago
'To say that God causes miscarriages is to say that He causes every heart attack, every stroke, every cancer that afflicts everyone ever afflicted with such.'

If there is such an entity, then he does cause every heart attack, every stroke, every cancer, every MISCARRIAGE.  He's so all powerful right?

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
9.1.10  Phoenyx13  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.2    6 years ago
God doesn’t cause miscarriages.  Nature does due to our imperfect sinful nature.  Before sin, miscarriages would not have happened as there was no death before then.

your God created Nature who causes the miscarriages - so yes, your God causes miscarriages and is the biggest abortion provider, and you wholeheartedly support it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.11  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Phoenyx13 @9.1.10    6 years ago

Nature was perfect when God created it.  The present earth and us now are nowhere near what was originally created before it was degraded due to the effects of rebellion.  What was it that this thread has to do with a conversation about women’s groups?  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
9.1.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.11    6 years ago
What was it that this thread has to do with a conversation about women’s groups?

God's history as an abortionist.

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.1.13  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.11    6 years ago
What was it that this thread has to do with a conversation about women’s groups?  

Actually Xx, as much as you want it to be, your seed isn't really about 'women's group's. Only ONE group is mentioned, which the author and you seem to have an affinity for, even though it's one major cause looks lost, at least if you believe the conclusion of your seed...

charger 383
Professor Silent
9.1.14  charger 383  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.11    6 years ago

So the almighty just let things fall apart?   

If it was perfect how did a mere mortal break it? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.15  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.2    6 years ago
God doesn’t cause miscarriages.  Nature does due to our imperfect sinful nature.

And once again, we have right here on display:

Good= God did it.

Bad= Wasn't God.

Man, it must be great to just be able to wrap up the entire world into one basic, black and white world. If ONLY life were that simple. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.16  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.6    6 years ago
The wages of sin is death.  

Lying is a sin. Mike Pence lies constantly. He's FUCKED. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.17  MrFrost  replied to  sandy-2021492 @9.1.5    6 years ago
God made that fetus that miscarried, or made that woman who was unable to carry to term. Unless you're saying God really doesn't have all that much input.  Is that what you're saying?

Ouch... Well played. 

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
9.1.18  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  MrFrost @9.1.16    6 years ago
The wages of sin is death.  

If religion depends on faith doesn't this work the same way ?

If I dont believe either I figure that is the answer. As I see no prove of either yet, that's where I'm at. 

When a dead person confirms religion is real Ill be convinced I guess. Till then I dont have much "faith" that anyone now alive or in alive in the past knows or knew for sure any religion is reality.  

PS: I've seen dead people and they said nothing about GOD or religion even though they spoke. Go Figure.

Nuts ya say, well you weren't there. 

I thought so too but  I wasn't nuts then and am not now.

Explain it ?  I can't. 

IMO: Death is usually when your body gets too old to function or too mangled in some way to go on.  Being Religious doesn't seem to change that. 

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
9.1.19  Phoenyx13  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.11    6 years ago
Nature was perfect when God created it.  The present earth and us now are nowhere near what was originally created before it was degraded due to the effects of rebellion.  What was it that this thread has to do with a conversation about women’s groups?

i guess you may need to brush up on reading comprehension so i'll help you... you stated:

God doesn’t cause miscarriages.  Nature does due to our imperfect sinful nature.

and my response:

your God created Nature who causes the miscarriages - so yes, your God causes miscarriages and is the biggest abortion provider, and you wholeheartedly support it.

you do realize it's women who suffer miscarriages right ? you do realize that if you think abortion is murder then you surely must think the same of miscarriage and you wholeheartedly support both as long as your "God" is the cause, right ?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.20  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @9.1.7    6 years ago

Except that He didn’t create us flawed.  We by our own free will made ourselves flawed when our human parents Adam and Eve decided to take the word of a disguised Lucifer over what God told them.  We were created perfect and some of humanity will be made so again some time soon.  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
9.1.21  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.20    6 years ago
Except that He didn’t create us flawed.  We by our own free will made ourselves flawed

If we weren't flawed, our own free will would never lead us wrong.

And yet, according to you, it did.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.1.22  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sandy-2021492 @9.1.21    6 years ago

Being created to love and obey voluntarily by our own choice rather than being an automaton obeying out of fear because we have to do so is a flaw only in the thought processes in the minds of some secular progressives. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
9.1.23  sandy-2021492  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.22    6 years ago
Being created to love and obey voluntarily by our own choice

Seems like god didn't quite achieve that objective.

According to you, anyway.

You painted yourself into a corner you can't get out of, MBFC.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
9.1.24  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.20    6 years ago

My parents were Frank and Jean, not Adam and Eve.

Dulay
Professor Expert
9.1.25  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.20    6 years ago
We by our own free will made ourselves flawed when our human parents Adam and Eve decided to take the word of a disguised Lucifer over what God told them.  We were created perfect and some of humanity will be made so again some time soon.  

Wasn't there a flood that was supposed to take care of that?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.26  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.1.20    6 years ago
Except that He didn’t create us flawed.  We by our own free will made ourselves flawed when our human parents Adam and Eve decided to take the word of a disguised Lucifer over what God told them.

You mean like reading a witness accounting and believing it when they were supposed to be the first and only humans on earth? How many thousands of years after they had long since been dead? 

Where is this amazing proof? And how did this proof make it on to the ark as everything else was destroyed by flood?

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
9.2  Phoenyx13  replied to  charger 383 @9    6 years ago
If God is against abortion(and we don't know that)

i'm not sure that God is against abortion - since God is the biggest abortion provider and has killed far more than any human has ever accomplished.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @9.2    6 years ago

Prove it.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
9.2.2  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.1    6 years ago
Prove it.

LOL you are kidding right ? you should know it very well since you are a believer and supporter. Add up all humans ever killed by other humans (abortions since that is the topic), humans dying any other way is from God since it was "their time" to go (isn't he the one to decide that stuff ?) - throw in miscarriages (same as abortion with the concept of ending human life and that's all God's doing since God supposedly created everyone - including all the medical defects of their human bodies) for God's count and let me know which number is smaller -- hint: it's not the humans killing humans number.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @9.2.2    6 years ago

So prove God did anything.

I'll wait.

Flapping gums do not proof make.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
9.2.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.3    6 years ago

Have you forgotten?  To the secular humanist, God doesn’t exist but if He does, He gets the blame for everything that has ever gone wrong on this planet.  To them either God doesn’t exist or He is the focus of all that is evil and wrong in the universe.  And Satan is held blameless for his rebellion.  

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
9.2.5  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @9.2.3    6 years ago
So prove God did anything.

I'll wait.

Flapping gums do not proof make

it's the exact same proof as God existing. So if we are to assume God does exist (as you do as a believer) - then you also have your proof of God killing more than any human could ever accomplish. If you need more proof - examine your own beliefs and find your proof there :)

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
9.2.6  Phoenyx13  replied to  XXJefferson51 @9.2.4    6 years ago
Have you forgotten?  To the secular humanist, God doesn’t exist but if He does, He gets the blame for everything that has ever gone wrong on this planet.  To them either God doesn’t exist or He is the focus of all that is evil and wrong in the universe.  And Satan is held blameless for his rebellion.  

have you forgotten ? if God does exist - then he gets the credit AND the blame for everything since he is supposedly the creator. The buck started with him and stops with him since he created everything, period. Or are you telling me there is more than one Creator in your beliefs ? i'm told God created everything.. period. which means all good AND bad falls under God getting credit AND blame. I know, this is very odd for some of the religious because their default position is Good = God and Bad = someone else besides God, but that makes no logical sense if you have the position that God created everything. So which is it ? (btw, Satan couldn't have rebelled had God not created him to rebel in the first place since God created Satan, correct ?)

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
11  sandy-2021492    6 years ago

Locking this seed due to the seeder's absence.