╌>

Pelosi’s Shutdown: Why Americans Increasingly Blame Her for Failing to Reopen the Government

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  donald-trump-fan1  •  5 years ago  •  92 comments

Pelosi’s Shutdown: Why Americans Increasingly Blame Her for Failing to Reopen the Government
The fact that the Democrats completely refused this offer without making a counter is insane. It’s basically everything they wanted. Sure, they could counter with a longer extension of protection for DACA and TPS. They could even negotiate on the price tag of border security. They did neither. Instead, Nancy Pelosi fully rejected the offer before it was even made. Assuming she knew what would be in it, she said, “It is unlikely that any one of these provisions alone would pass the House,”...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Did you know that we’re still in a partial government shutdown? Of course you did. It’s hard to miss. This shutdown has broken records, and it’s finally gone long enough that some of the doom and gloom sentiment could start to come true. Federal workers are about to miss their second paycheck, and if Congress can’t pass a budget soon, we’re going to start to see some economic fallout from the shutdown.

While the left still tries to blame President Trump for the shutdown, they have taken unequivocal ownership of this problem. The President hasn’t even been given a budget to veto, and the House is now adamantly refusing any level of compromise.

Pelosi’s Requests

To understand this shutdown, you have to take a look at both sides. We can leave the blame game alone and resolve to know where the contentions exist and why a compromise hasn’t yet been reached. For Pelosi and her constituents, a federal budget will be unacceptable unless it meets a few criteria.

Some of the points that have been most vocalized are specific changes to immigration policy and procedure. The Democrats want protection for anyone formally classified under DACA. They also want to extend protections for people in America under the umbrella of Temporary Protected Status (TPS).

No, that’s not nearly all. They also want to expand resources for processing asylum seekers and similarly displaced people crossing the border. In addition, they want unilateral control over all discretionary spending in the United States, and that includes a policy of spending $0 on improving border security, even though the asylum processing would come from the same budget they won’t increase.

Lastly, they want Trump’s metaphorical head on a silver platter. At least, we hope it’s a metaphor.

Trump’s Offer

Knowing this, President Trump made an offer. He asked for $5.7 billion to expand border security. Among those dollars, nearly $1 billion is earmarked specifically to expand personnel, facilities and other resources dedicated to processing asylum and refugee cases. The goal of this money is to ensure we can handle the cases without separating families or having lapses in humanitarian aid during the process.

To compromise with the Democrats, Trump also offered a three-year extension on both DACA and TPS protections. Other than that, he’s actually left the rest of discretionary spending up to the Democrats in the House.

Calling this offer a compromise is an understatement. He’s given them absolutely everything they want in exchange for $5 billion of increased border security and his head on a platter. Signing this offer would be a huge win for the left too.

The Devastating Refusal

The fact that the Democrats completely refused this offer without making a counter is insane. It’s basically everything they wanted. Sure, they could counter with a longer extension of protection for DACA and TPS. They could even negotiate on the price tag of border security. They did neither.

Instead, Nancy Pelosi fully rejected the offer before it was even made. Assuming she knew what would be in it, she said, “It is unlikely that any one of these provisions alone would pass the House,” and called the offer a non-starter.

That’s obviously stupid. Extended DACA and TPS status would easily pass the House. A billion dollars to protect asylum seekers also seems like an easy win for the left. They only contention they have with anything in the budget is that some of the $5 billion — that was requested by Border Patrol by the way — will go towards physical barriers in area where there are none. It’s a ridiculous, childish contention, and with this move, Nancy Pelosi has taken full ownership of this shutdown.

She panders to the people and bemoans how hard the shutdown is on federal workers. She tells us it’s crashing the economy and a danger to the people. Then, when she gets an offer that has absolutely everything she wants, she throws it completely out the window and refuses to even counter the offer. She did all of it to make sure President Trump can’t say that he made progress on his promise of a border wall. It’s downright heinous.

Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats in Congress are direct enemies of the American people. Saying “gotcha” to Trump is more important to them than anything. They will gladly watch us all suffer, die and burn if it means they can score political points against Trump. There are no excuses. There are no words.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

“The fact that the Democrats completely refused this offer without making a counter is insane. It’s basically everything they wanted. Sure, they could counter with a longer extension of protection for DACA and TPS. They could even negotiate on the price tag of border security. They did neither.

Instead, Nancy Pelosi fully rejected the offer before it was even made. Assuming she knew what would be in it, she said, “It is unlikely that any one of these provisions alone would pass the House,” and called the offer a non-starter.

That’s obviously stupid. Extended DACA and TPS status would easily pass the House. A billion dollars to protect asylum seekers also seems like an easy win for the left. They only contention they have with anything in the budget is that some of the $5 billion — that was requested by Border Patrol by the way — will go towards physical barriers in area where there are none. It’s a ridiculous, childish contention, and with this move, Nancy Pelosi has taken full ownership of this shutdown.”

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago
“The fact that the Democrats completely refused this offer without making a counter is insane. It’s basically everything they wanted.

Really since when did they want a wall to pay for that the president not long ago was promising mexico would pay for and when did they start accepting temporary status of Daca ? 

insanity ? 

Insanity is giving one man too much control over all of us. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1    5 years ago

If the GOP and Senate Dems come up with an agreement that Trump is willing to sign off on as seems likely now, and Pelosi blocks it, the entire shutdown will be on her for however much longer it lasts.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  lady in black  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    5 years ago

Nope this is all on Trump and he was proud to shut it down and hold 800,000 American workers hostage because he can't have his vanity wall

Sophomore Guide
1.1.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    5 years ago
If the GOP and Senate Dems come up with an agreement that Trump is willing to sign off on as seems likely now, and Pelosi blocks it, the entire shutdown will be on her for however much longer it lasts.  

Yes it seems the president has decided on a different approach to get his wall. So it is much more likely that the congress will find a solution to the rest of the disagreement issues soon.

I'd say he had been saving this Ace in the hole card for weeks if not months, evidently the nation does need a government because the pressure was building fast from many angles. I'm glad trump has changed tactics but I still believe his ways and mean of accomplishment suck. 

IMO: He is mainly doing this change because he knows his power could be in jeopardy if he kept pursued the avenue he was on.

Someday somehow trump will get his wall, although I wouldn't be surprised if most of us refer to it as a fence. An apple is still an apple..lol

That's fine. We have been building the fence for years and will probably be building it for years to come. 

This doesn't surprise me a great deal. I figure that's why he has been floating the "Emergency crisis issue" for the last few months. Now he may actually move on declaring it. 

If he does of course it will be questioned, then as I said before trump will need to prove his crisis exists. I doubt half of congress is as easily swayed as the last two years worth were. So the fight continues forward, in a different venue, the courts.

Who knew building a wall could be so complicated ?  ...lol  We all did.

KAG, Have a good rest of the evening.

:)

Sophomore Guide
1.1.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lady in black @1.1.2    5 years ago

Maybe so but it's probably true that once trump doesn't care about the wall and is going after it a different way if pelosi and the dems refuse to negotiate at all the blame will shift at least from the republicans perspective. 

Who started this mess will get lost in the shuffle and the blame/shame game from the white house will be in full force. That you can bet on.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  lady in black  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.4    5 years ago

It will always be trump's shutdown and people will NOT forget

Sophomore Guide
1.1.6  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lady in black @1.1.5    5 years ago
It will always be trump's shutdown and people will NOT forget

I agree, many didn't and never will. Now trump is actually backing off it seems if the dems don't the republicans will do all they can to  try to change it into something it's not. That's how the game is played, reality doesn't mean much, nor words its all an illusion and a big O house of cards. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.7  1stwarrior  replied to  lady in black @1.1.5    5 years ago

800,000 Govt Workers could be paid. 1M "Dreamers" could be Legal. 330M Americans could be protected. By Tuesday. Pelosi says No.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.7    5 years ago

If I remember correctly the DACA deal wasn't to make them legal but to extend up to three years their ''status''....Also I believe that buried in that offer was a small bit about wanting to cut legal immigration. 

If that's correct that just might have been behind Pelosi saying no. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.9  Nowhere Man  replied to  Kavika @1.1.8    5 years ago
If I remember correctly the DACA deal wasn't to make them legal but to extend up to three years their ''status''

You remember wrong my friend, I recently read it was a permanent direct 3 year path to citizenship.... will look for the article where I read it and post it when I find it...

Sophomore Guide
1.1.10  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.9    5 years ago
I recently read it was a permanent direct 3 year path to citizenship....

I haven't heard that... 

I'll be checking it out.

Looks true, however it's now part of an even bigger more grandiose plan. 

No huge surprise after all.

lol

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  lady in black  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.7    5 years ago

And I'm glad she said no, trump is NOT getting his vanity wall

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.12  Split Personality  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.7    5 years ago

BS,  Trump offered to extend DACA and TPS(?) by 3 years, kicking the can down the road ( again ) so that CONGRESS could enact something that a POTUS might sign (some day).

There hasn't been an offer for a path to permanent legality since the bipartisan Senate Bill 774 of 2013 which promised a 13 year path to citizenship for DACA and others.

That Bill was the one Boehner never brought to the House floor because

• it was too long to read, 1,300 pages  ( passed the Senate 68-32 )
  • Schumer was part of the Gang of 8
  • Obama would have signed it.

Partisan BS........

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.13  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @1.1.8    5 years ago

YEs it would protect them temporarily for 3 years until Congress acted

and it was tied to a reduction in immigration overall.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.14  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.12    5 years ago

800,000 Govt Workers could be paid. 1M "Dreamers" could be Legal. 330M Americans could be protected. By Tuesday. Pelosi says No.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.15  cjcold  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.7    5 years ago
Pelosi says No.

You are aware of the term "poison pill" aren't you? Trump's option had a plethora of them.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Kavika   replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.9    5 years ago
You remember wrong my friend, 

Apparently not.

Sophomore Guide
1.1.18  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  gooseisgone @1.1.17    5 years ago
Really since when did they want a wall to pay for

NO that was a fence and we are and have been building it.

Sophomore Guide
1.1.20  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  dennis smith @1.1.19    5 years ago
We gave too much control to past Presidents not just Trump. 

I agree but it seems to be a progressively worsening problem. 

Maybe we should do away with the "executive orders" altogether. 

They are basically a temporary stop gap tat make the US government less stable and less predictable long term anyway. 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
1.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago
It’s a ridiculous, childish contention, and with this move, Nancy Pelosi has taken full ownership of this shutdown.”

Nice delusion if one can afford it.

But...time is running out, 60% and rising of the voters blame Trump and the Right.

Trump is desperate for an exit and being made to eat his words.

This is going to be a very bitter pill for the right to swallow....your boy is getting his ass kicked by his own actions.

The icing for many?  A woman is kicking his ass and Republicans are leaving him.

Live with it. All the propaganda you on the right are seeding....is getting exposed for what it is on a daily basis...and with each one of those days it just keeps getting worse for the right.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  cjcold  replied to  Studiusbagus @1.2    5 years ago

I love you lucid!

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.2.2  katrix  replied to  cjcold @1.2.1    5 years ago

Roger Stone!  Hahahaha!

evilone
Professor Guide
1.2.3  evilone  replied to  katrix @1.2.2    5 years ago
Roger Stone!  Hahahaha!

Yeah, I was wondering why I haven't seen that seeded yet. I thought about it, but I don't have time today to moderate it. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.2.4  katrix  replied to  evilone @1.2.3    5 years ago

Same here.  That one will need moderation for sure.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  katrix @1.2.4    5 years ago

You mean that you would like to see it censored?  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
1.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago
Nancy Pelosi has taken full ownership of this shutdown.”

A little fact for you to chew on...when the government shut down because Trump wasn't getting his wall money...

Was at a time when the Republicans ran all three branches of government and did for two years.

They wouldn't give him the money either..

lib50
Professor Silent
1.3.1  lib50  replied to  Studiusbagus @1.3    5 years ago

Got to keep reminding everybody, they like to forget how all of the Trump shutdown under republican control started.  They've always owned the shutdowns proudly until people turn on them. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.3.2  cjcold  replied to  lib50 @1.3.1    5 years ago

For all of the GOP memes of "tax and spend democrats", It always seems that it is the republicans that can never keep from stealing from the federal coffers and putting US in debt.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.3.3  JBB  replied to  Studiusbagus @1.3    5 years ago

It is how the far far far rightwing reacts to reality today. They just make some super hyperbolic pronouncements which fly into the face of all reality and are absolutely contrary with all the available evidence. Just consider the headline herewith. Do Americans increasingly blame Nancy Pelosi for Trump's and the gop's lousy government shutdown? No, not really. There is no evidence of it. Trump said he was going to build a great big wall and that Mexico was going to pay for it. He lied. Then, Trump said he would own this, his signature Great Shutdown if the American would not pick up the tab for his vanity wall. The American People are already being charged a trillion dollars a year for Trump's massive tax cuts for the uber rich. Enough is enough. Nobody should buy the gop's and Trump's lying bullshit. This is their GD shutdown. They own it now...

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.4  katrix  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago
Nancy Pelosi has taken full ownership of this shutdown.”

What complete and utter bullshit.  You're as bad as Trump when it comes to honesty.  Trump said he proudly takes ownership of the shutdown - all the lies in the world will not change that fact.

Pelosi submitted bills the GOP had already agreed on to open the agencies that don't have anything to do with border security.  McConnell refused to even put them to a vote in the Senate.  He said they wouldn't put anything to a vote that Trump wouldn't sign.  But the liar-in-chief has no principles and he had already agreed to sign a bill until Ann Coulter called him a bad name, and he had an ego meltdown and refused to sign after all.  McConnell will never be sure that Trump will sign ANYTHING and he should have put the damn bills to a vote.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.4.2  katrix  replied to    5 years ago

The Senate seems to feel they are Trump's personal stooges rather than working for the American people.  They're such wimps - they have equal status to Trump but instead they're acting like his toadies.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    5 years ago

Yep, Trump owns the shutdown without a doubt. But by the same token, Nancy Pelosi and her cronies surely own keeping the government shut down. Her intransigence and spite in refusing to make any kind of a deal that is all the Democrats way or not at all makes her just as culpable as Trump in this case.

Sophomore Guide
1.5.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.5    5 years ago

although trump himself would probably call it counter punching with style.

lol

tit for tat . Take away my state of the union address, I'll take away your airplane.

Kinda like that.

Just making the country great...

lol

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    5 years ago

Pelosi's Shutdown?

Uh, damn antifreeze in the TEA again, huh?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  bbl-1 @2    5 years ago

It's Pelosi's.  President Trump told her in December what is needed to keep the government open.  She chose to go full retard on it.  So, now we fast a bit we have democrats parying in Puerto Rico, trying to "go visit the troops" (a first in Pelosi's 40+ year career) and a few other things.  

Then she and the rest of the mouth breathers complain about the 800k furloughed not getting paid and they don't vote?  Yeah.  This is Pelosi's.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1    5 years ago

And more so if she blocks a deal the senate and President sign off on.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1    5 years ago

And what was it the Trump said was required to keep the government open?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1    5 years ago
President Trump told her in December what is needed to keep the government open.  She chose to go full retard on it. 

So, this is Pelosi's shutdown? 

Trump shuts down the government while the Republicans controlled the house, for two years....the Republicans didn't give him the money so he shuts down the government and then tries to blame it on the person that hasn't even taken the gavel yet.

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.4  lib50  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.1    5 years ago

This is a total republican shutdown, started in DEC 2018 UNDER TOTAL REPUBLICAN CONTROL OF ALL 3 BRANCHES OF GOV'T!   All for Trumps ego over a wall nobody wants (over 70% of Americans don't want it) and certainly NOBODY wants to pay for.   Pass one of the house bills, including gop ones they already fricken passed last year, and open the gov't.  You do no solve these policy issues with a damn shutdown!  Border security can be and has been addressed, but stop taking the country hostage for Ann Coulter.   Because now our entire security is at risk, directly because of the shutdown.  Enough.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.5  devangelical  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.2    5 years ago

I believe the bag of shit in the white house, otherwise known as the great negotiator, said the shutdown would continue until he got his wall. I hope the air traffic controllers and the TSA walk off the job next and then hang the resulting economic calamity around the teapublicans necks.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.1    5 years ago

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Any enemy of Trump is my friend.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1.2    5 years ago

If you have to ask that, you obviously aren't paying attention.  But, since you ask.  

In December when the President pulled Pelosi and Schumer into the Oval Office in front of live cameras he told them to fund the wall.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.8  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  lib50 @2.1.4    5 years ago
All for Trumps ego over a wall nobody wants (over 70% of Americans don't want it)

That's funny.  Did they ask 100% of the population?  I wasn't ask.  So that's false information.  But then again pollsters are permitted where I live.  

Pass one of the house bills, including gop ones they already fricken passed last year, and open the gov't.

And the President told them what that bill should include.  It wasn't included so there isn't even a reason to vote on it. But somehow the Democrats found $12B to send out to other countries?  

So, yes, this is Democrat owned.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to    5 years ago

Over sampling democrats is common place among msm polling companies.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.11  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @2.1.6    5 years ago

Any enemy of Pelosi and Schumer is my friend.  

lib50
Professor Silent
3  lib50    5 years ago

The DEMOCRATS have voted 10 times to reopen the gov't through the end of the budget cycle, and it got bipartisan support.    MITCH MCCONNELL REFUSED TO ALLOW THEM.    This is all Trump and McConnell and the gop that enable them.  This was a republican shutdown, started under total gop control of both houses and WH.  The 3rd one in 2018 I might add.  The house and senate had passed the bills Trump said he agreed to back in Dec and it was set to pass.  Until Anne Coulter got Trump's balls.  Then he changed his mind.  AGAIN.  The reason he is getting the blame is because the entire world knows he is to blame.   And Americans are really really pissed.   This is nothing that should involve a shutdown, this is policy and is negotiated.  Trump is a terrorist holding federal workers and America hostage.  We don't negotiate with terrorists.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lib50 @3    5 years ago

It is Nancy Pelosi and her house that are domestic terrorists and America’s enemy within.  

lib50
Professor Silent
3.1.1  lib50  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1    5 years ago

Trump is the terrorist holding the country hostage for a wall for Ann Coulter that we don't want to pay for.   This is not a reason to start a shutdown (all started under the GOP, as you tend to forget).  Stop the shutdown, open the gov't, pay the people and then sit down and do policy. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  cjcold  replied to  lib50 @3.1.1    5 years ago

Shame on you for being so reasonable.

Don't you know that this is a civil war?!

The far, far right wing does not negotiate.

The far, far right wing believes in scorched earth policy.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4  Ed-NavDoc    5 years ago

Why is Pelosi refusing to cooperate? Sheer plain unadulterated spite comes to mind...

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4    5 years ago

That is exactly what it is.  

lib50
Professor Silent
4.2  lib50  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4    5 years ago

She's doing what 70% of the country wants her to,   not pay ransom to the terrorist holding the country hostage. 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
4.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4    5 years ago

What's the excuse about the Republican controlled house not giving him the money for 2 years? He shut the government down while they still had the house.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.4  cjcold  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @4    5 years ago

You are confusing Pelosi with Trump. It is Trump playing dictator and liar in chief. Every day he lies. You know this.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
5  tomwcraig    5 years ago

Sadly this video is only available on Facebook, but it shows how the Democrats really prefer to handle their duties and is exactly what Pelosi and Schumer are doing, while saying Democrats don't act this way.  They are throwing the temper tantrums that Schumer said they never do, and the video repeats Schumer's soundbite saying that while displaying their temper tantrums from the first day that Trump took office to today:

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  tomwcraig @5    5 years ago
and the video repeats Schumer's soundbite

Yeah, because that's "real news"... if it can't be turned into a 5 second repeatable meme, dumb as fuck Republicans don't want to hear it...

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
5.1.1  tomwcraig  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.1    5 years ago

So, are you denying that the video shows Schumer, in his and Pelosi's reply to Trump's speech about the shutdown a couple weeks ago, saying that "We don't govern by temper tantrum"?  Are you denying that the Democrats had a sit-in on the House floor in a protest at the beginning of the Trump Presidency?  Are you denying that the Democrats disrupted the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings before Grassley could finish welcoming people to the hearings?  Do you deny that Pelosi invited Trump to give the SOTU on Jan 29th while in the middle of the shutdown, then withdrew that invitation while using the shutdown as the reason for doing so?  Please say whether you deny these ACTUAL occurrences or not, as they are all easily proven as being the actions that Democratic lawmakers have chosen as the means to govern and are ALL temper tantrums.

JBB
Professor Principal
6  JBB    5 years ago

So? What does any of that emotional word salad of lousy whataboutisms have to do with the fact that more and more people ARE NOT blaming the Democrats for Donald Trump's Great Government Shutdown of 2019. We will not forget Trump saying over and over again, "I am going to build The Wall and Mexico is going to pay for it". Are YOU denying that Trump said that? We will all be waiting on pins and needles...

luther28
Sophomore Silent
7  luther28    5 years ago

Pelosi’s Shutdown

Not so fast there Bucko, one Mr. Trump on National television (therefore there is a record of it that cannot be refuted) stated that He would be proud to own the shutdown, cannot hand it off now that it has blown up in His face.

No plausible deniability on this one.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
7.1  lady in black  replied to  luther28 @7    5 years ago

Here is proof it's trump's shutdown in his OWN words

katrix
Sophomore Participates
7.1.1  katrix  replied to  lady in black @7.1    5 years ago

[Deleted]

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
8  Studiusbagus    5 years ago

Hahaha!

Now the Republicans are eating their own again.

Republican lunch yesterday....Senator looks right at Mitch, trump's bitch and says

"This is all your fault!"

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9  It Is ME    5 years ago

"Nancy Pelosi fully rejected the offer before it was even made. Assuming she knew what would be in it, she said, “It is unlikely that any one of these provisions alone would pass the House,” 

"HER" robot" …… 

......….hmmmmm……..

What is it that makes the Left Like "Robots" more than Humans !

Maybe 'cause she "Seems" so Human ?

Gotta luv technology huh.

Sophomore Guide
9.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @9    5 years ago

No NO NO.. Please make No robots like pelosi. 

Robotic humanoids need to look more like this:

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1    5 years ago
Robotic humanoids need to look more like this:

Hahahahaha !

Pelosi is the OLD MODEL !

Sophomore Guide
9.1.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @9.1.1    5 years ago
Hahahahaha ! Pelosi is the OLD MODEL !

LOL

Time to upgrade.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @9.1.2    5 years ago
Time to upgrade

For sure ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Sophomore Guide
9.1.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @9.1.3    5 years ago

LOL..

Judging from the looks of the second generation, by the third generation, it may be worth it.

lol 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
10  lady in black    5 years ago

Trump caved...no vanity wall funds

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/senate-leaders-continue-to-seek-a-deal-to-end-shutdown-that-will-satisfy-trump/2019/01/25/09c898dc-20ad-11e9-8e21-59a09ff1e2a1_story.html?utm_term=.2894de6ec423

Sophomore Guide
10.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lady in black @10    5 years ago
Trump caved...no vanity wall funds

Trump caved... he's still in power.

no vanity wall funds... this way, 

Next

"I see a crisis"

"and who knew it would be this complicated to build a damn wall?"

A crisis, well invent one or manufacture one. why not both ? 

Welcome Venezuelans ?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
10.1.1  lady in black  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @10.1    5 years ago

Pelosi spanked him harder than Stormy.

Sophomore Guide
10.1.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lady in black @10.1.1    5 years ago

LOL  He probably enjoyed it.

this man is used to getting his own way, How is not as important as getting his own way, He's not done.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @10.1    5 years ago

There is no cave.  The federal workers get paid, they have three weeks to make a deal.  If no deal shutdown round two begins with the workers financially whole or the emergency under the 1976 law is declared and there is no more shutdown at least on that issue though there may be one over spending levels even with the emergency declared. 

Sophomore Guide
10.1.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.1.3    5 years ago

There is no cave.  

I know, it's a move to save power, the fight for his wall moves on.

1.1.3   321steve

PS: KAG ..  You'll love this: (Clicking the links not really necessary)

…………..2

………..+ 2

…….. = 4   ?  

Or is it really 5 ?

There is your crisis !!  

Need a crisis, encourage one.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
10.1.5  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.1.3    5 years ago

If no deal shutdown round two begins with the workers financially whole or the emergency under the 1976 law is declared and there is no more shutdown at least on that issue though there may be one over spending levels even with the emergency declared. 

Talk a great game and for weeks telling us how "we" like you're in the loop, will come out victorious with the shining city on the hill bullshit...

You got owned. Trump rolled over like the fake he is.

He even mentions shutdown again and the Dems won't have to worry about impeaching him, the Republicans will already have that in process.

I told you before I was waiting for this day. And here we are. Pelosi nor the Dems are anywhere near getting blamed as predicted, and Trump got his ass kicked by a woman.

Karma came back with an appetite.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
10.1.6  luther28  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.1.3    5 years ago

Won't happen, your boy now lies on the ash heap of history.

SAD

CM
Freshman Silent
10.1.7  CM  replied to  Studiusbagus @10.1.5    5 years ago

The shut down started to reach Trump,  news broke of the Back up at Laguardia Airport  where he keeps his plane.  Air Traffic Controllers were calling in sick, how would his snotty kids get out of the city if his airplane could not get off the ground in New York..Oh dear, such a shame...

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
10.1.8  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.1.3    5 years ago
the emergency under the 1976 law is declared and there is no more shutdown at least on that issue though there may be one over spending levels even with the emergency declared. 

Oh yes! Please,please do. Trump enacting the act would be a gift you'll never forget. As a matter of fact it would be the best thing you could do for the liberals. Please set that precedent and then watch what you brought upon yourselves.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.1.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @10.1.8    5 years ago

That “precedent” has been used over 30 times already.  The 1976 law was actually a limit placed by congress on then existing presidential emergency powers.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
11  devangelical    5 years ago

"Pelosi's shutdown" = an example of the room temperature IQ of a typical trump toadie

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @11    5 years ago

It is a fact of life as Pelosi showed how much harm she is willing to inflict upon America and its federal workforce and economy in order to deny the President the keeping of a campaign promise to his voters.  I can’t wait to see the President announce the national emergency and why he’s doing it at the State of the Union address.  

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
11.1.1  Phoenyx13  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1    5 years ago
deny the President the keeping of a campaign promise to his voters.

hasn't it only been recently that Democrats took any control in congress and before then it was all Republican controlled ? why hadn't the President been able to accomplish his campaign promise in the first 2 years of his presidency when his party had full control ? Are you going to try to blame the Democrats again when they didn't have control ?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12  seeder  XXJefferson51    5 years ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Emergencies_Act 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12    5 years ago

Barring a deal in the next two weeks,  this is where we are going next.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
12.1.1  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.1    5 years ago
Barring a deal in the next two weeks,  this is where we are going next.  

I've changed my mind. I'm looking forward to Trump using the National Emergency Act.

That way he's cleared the way on important matters of concern. And set a precedent while he's at it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Studiusbagus @12.1.1    5 years ago

A precedent that’s been done some 30 times already?  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
12.1.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.1.2    5 years ago

Not in this manner.

But that's okay. I heard a conservative Senator discussing it on NPR.

He was concerned because if Trump reaches for use in this manner it will open the door for it's use by a liberal president to use it after another child is killed by a semi-auto firearm.

There's a precedent that will bite the ass of the conservatives ....