╌>

WATCH: Dem VA Governor Endorses Murder of Born-Alive Infants

Category:  Op/Ed

Via:  96ws6  •  5 years ago  •  177 comments

WATCH: Dem VA Governor Endorses Murder of Born-Alive Infants
Tran had explained just yesterday that a woman should be able to opt for abortion as she is dilating for birth. 

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Appearing on WTOP’s Ask The Governor, Northam was asked whether he supported a Virginia legislator’s statement that Virginia Democrats’ proposed legislation would permit abortion for a woman in labor. He stated:

This is why decisions such as this should be made by providers, physicians, and the mothers and fathers that are involved. When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of the mother, with the consent of physicians, more than one physician by the way, and it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus which is non-viable. So in this particular example, if the mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen, the infant would be delivered, the infant would be kept comfortable, the infant would be resuscitated if this is what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physician and the mother.

This is pure infanticide. It's also an argument for eugenic murder (see his comments about deformities). Northam is specifically talking about delivering an infant aliveand then asking the mother whether the infant should live or not. This is not an argument about the morning-after pill. It’s not an argument over whether a fetus feels pain. This is a statement that a fully-formed infant, born alive, ought to be murdered if the mother says the infant ought to be murdered.

This is pure evil.

And yet this is the position of Democrats across the country.Northam was speaking about a bill proposed by Virginia House member Kathy Tran, which would legalize abortion up to birth. Tran had explained just yesterday that a woman should be able to opt for abortion as she is dilating for birth. 

In New York, this is already the law – and Governor Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) celebrated that new law by lighting up state sites pink in honor of the killing of fully-formed infants. In Rhode Island, Governor Gina Raimondo (D-RI) has already signaled that she wishes to support a similar law.

FOLLOW LINKS FOR VIDEO

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1  seeder  96WS6    5 years ago

[deleted]

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  96WS6 @1    5 years ago
A dose of reality

There is virtually no reality in the seeded article above. It takes comments out of context to demonize Democrats who support bills that allow "up to dilation" only when the health of the mother is at risk or the fetus is already stillborn. I know you like to skip over the part where he says "with the consent of physicians, more than one physician by the way" but to me that makes a big difference and says this is not "pure infanticide" as the intentionally inflammatory seed claims.

I think I would have a lot more sympathy for anti-abortionists if they were actually honest about the issues. They appear to believe that they just can't win on facts alone and must obfuscate some facts while blowing others out of proportion to win their argument. I imagine in their minds, the ends justify the means, even if it means they have to tell bald faced lies.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.2  epistte  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1    5 years ago
There is virtually no reality in the seeded article above. It takes comments out of context to demonize Democrats who support bills that allow "up to dilation" only when the health of the mother is at risk or the fetus is already stillborn. I know you like to skip over the part where he says "with the consent of physicians, more than one physician by the way" but to me that makes a big difference and says this is not "pure infanticide" as the intentionally inflammatory seed claims.

It is an opinion piece by Ben Shapario.  Facts are unnecessary.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  lady in black  replied to  epistte @1.1.2    5 years ago

More pro lifer misinformation and seeing the boogie man where none exists.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Ender  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1    5 years ago

Facts never matter as long as they have a bumper sticker slogan to chant on repeat. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1    5 years ago
(deleted)

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  epistte @1.1.2    5 years ago
with the consent of physicians, more than one physician by the way"

Can you point to the language in the bill that requires more than one physician? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.7  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.5    5 years ago
(deleted)

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @1.1.7    5 years ago

[Removed]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  lady in black @1.1.3    5 years ago

[Removed]

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.10  Gordy327  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.5    5 years ago
"ANY pregnancy is a threat to a woman's health" that has  a lot of  meaning.

That's an accurate statement. There are many potential health complications associated with pregnancy.

Maybe next you can argue it's not a big deal because they only perform the procedures on those few days that end in Y.

Whether it's a "big deal" or not is a matter of opinion. But one thing it is not is anyone else's business!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.11  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.8    5 years ago

[Removed]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @1.1.11    5 years ago

[Removed]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.10    5 years ago

[Removed]

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.14  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.12    5 years ago

[Removed]

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.15  Gordy327  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.13    5 years ago

[Removed]

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.1.16  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.12    5 years ago

removed for context

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  epistte @1.1.2    5 years ago

[Removed]

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.1.18  seeder  96WS6  replied to  lady in black @1.1.3    5 years ago

So weak it isn't an argument.  If you believe that having weak laws or no laws is OK because no one will ever break them you would be fine with getting rid of the EPA and FDA just for starters and I am sure you have no problem at all with Trump rolling back EPA laws becuse who would be evil enough to break them./s

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.1.19  katrix  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.17    5 years ago

Probably, since it's pure and utter bullshit.

These people don't give a crap about women, that's for sure. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.20  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.17    5 years ago
Shouldn't this be posted as an op-ed then?

It is not mandatory for opinion articles that are NEWS/POLITICS be posted in Opinion. Perrie clarified that on the front page weeks ago. Only opinion pieces that are NOT NEWS must be posted in Opinion. Her statement still appears on our Tracker page.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.21  Sean Treacy  replied to  96WS6 @1.1.16    5 years ago

[Removed]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.22  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @1.1.14    5 years ago

[Removed]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Trout Giggles  replied to    5 years ago
Deliver, then decide what to do if the baby is stillborn.

The only decision to be made is burial or cremation. You do understand what stillborn means, don't you?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.24  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.23    5 years ago

My older sister was heartbroken when her baby was stillborn - died in her womb around a week before her due date  They gave Sally a proper burial.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.24    5 years ago

It is truly sad when a wanted baby is stillborn or will not live very long. I had a Captain who's wife gave birth to a very sick baby who didn't live longer than an hour after he was born. Capt B held him while he died. It was heartbreaking

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.25    5 years ago

So sad, I was wreck when I called her, crying my eyes out, but she's so strong.  She has two grown daughters and one son now, all doing very well.

To think some people think women are so cavalier about something like this - that they would abort their baby on the day they deliver, disgusting.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.26    5 years ago

I know.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.28  KDMichigan  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.24    5 years ago
died in her womb around a week before her due date  They gave Sally a proper burial.  

Sorry for their loss, I know a few that lost there fetus? What is the other term the left uses?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.29  sandy-2021492  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1.28    5 years ago
What is the other term the left uses?

Was that really called for in what was ostensibly a statement of condolence?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  96WS6 @1    5 years ago

[Removed]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  96WS6 @1    5 years ago

[Removed]

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.3.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    5 years ago

[Removed]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  96WS6 @1.3.1    5 years ago

What's a double edged libby sword?  Where can I buy one?

What 'conservative' view is being silenced?

katrix
Sophomore Participates
1.3.3  katrix  replied to  96WS6 @1.3.1    5 years ago

[Removed]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.3.4  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @1.3    5 years ago
Did you switch the title of the seed? 

No, he didn't. When you click on the "Seeded Content" (above), the article shows  Read Full Article » .

The full article's headline is

WATCH: Democratic VA Governor Endorses Murder Of Born-Alive Infants

It is the SAME headline that is seeded.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.5  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.3.4    5 years ago

Are the title police after you again?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.6  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.3.4    5 years ago

So that whackjob Shapiro must have coined the title then.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.7  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.3.4    5 years ago

I didn't ask you did I Jasper?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1.3.6    5 years ago

Of course he did because this is an opinion piece by that whack job. Talk about inflammatory....

JBB
Professor Principal
1.3.9  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.8    5 years ago

The disconnect I see above is stunning. If all the good Christian women who ever had to terminate were raptured up to heaven Saturday night church pews would be half empty Sunday morning. Of course these were merely discreet D&Cs so family and friends nursed these women back to health, supported them in recovery and prayed they found peace with it all. Butt, everyone else can go to hell for killing babies? WTF. Nothing is sadder than losing a full term baby. Do these numb nuts actually think women carry babies to term to then kill their viable infants? 

The right is so hyperbolic on this issue it is futile even discussing it with them. Realty doesn't enter their heads...

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.3.10  Veronica  replied to  JBB @1.3.9    5 years ago
Do these numb nuts actually think women carry babies to term to then kill their viable infants? 

Yes, because Eve....

JBB
Professor Principal
1.3.11  JBB  replied to  Veronica @1.3.10    5 years ago

Sigh! Are you sure that they would not rather blame it all on God's first wife Lilith?

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.3.12  Veronica  replied to  JBB @1.3.11    5 years ago

Could be, but I was told by a Christian man (church every Sunday, an elder of his church) that women were inherently evil because of Eve.  He was totally serious.  The craziest thing of all, he and his wife were swingers & wanted to swap spouses with my husband and myself.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  Veronica @1.3.12    5 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

He'll just blame the wife when he meets St Peter at the Pearly Gates

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.3.14  Veronica  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.3.13    5 years ago

Of course he will.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.15  Dulay  replied to  JBB @1.3.9    5 years ago
Do these numb nuts actually think women carry babies to term to then kill their viable infants?

There is no other way to interpret the vast majority of their comments. It shows a utter lack of respect for women. Many of them seem to loath women, at least those women that have the audacity to demand autonomy. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2  Dulay    5 years ago

[Removed]

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
3  Cerenkov    5 years ago

Legal murder of viable children.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3.1  Gordy327  replied to  Cerenkov @3    5 years ago

That's a contradiction in terms.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Cerenkov @3    5 years ago

But that's not happening.  

katrix
Sophomore Participates
3.2.1  katrix  replied to  Tessylo @3.2    5 years ago

These people actually think Steven King makes good points.  They're never going to accept facts.  That's why they're Trumpettes; his lies don't bother them, because they love lies which support what they wish were true.  It gives them a reason to get all hysterical.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  katrix @3.2.1    5 years ago

When did King get his medical degree? When did he give birth?

For that matter when did Ben Shapiro do either of the above?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

It's the same old story.  Talk  moderate and pass extremist laws.

Northam will probably walk back his advocacy for infanticide publicly, but will fight tooth and nail to ensure that the law allows mothers to let their kids die after delivery, should they choose. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    5 years ago
Northam will probably walk back his advocacy for infanticide publicly, but will fight tooth and nail to ensure that the law allows mothers to let their kids die after delivery, should they choose. 

A mother whose fetus is 'severely deformed or a fetus which is non-viable' can legally sign DNR order prior to delivery. It's also legal, for a mother to take a child off of life support. 

So tell me Sean. Exactly HOW is what the Governor said different? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @4.1    5 years ago
Exactly HOW is what the Governor said different?

different than what? He just supports leaving babies to die (and not just non-viable ones).   

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.2  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.1    5 years ago

[Removed]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  dennis smith @4.1.3    5 years ago

Where/when is that happening Denny?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  dennis smith @4.1.3    5 years ago

Do you think parents shouldn't be allowed to sign DNR orders? Do you honestly believe that extraordinary life-saving measures (which are prohibitively expensive) to try and save a child that might live a week at best?

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.6  JBB  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.5    5 years ago

Hospitals must absorb millions treating microencephaletics when families will not sign off...

Families demand futile exceptional treatment while they pray for God to perform miracles.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  JBB @4.1.6    5 years ago

My daughter is a NICU nurse so she sees all kinds of sick newborns....preemies, microencephalus, hydrocephalus, and drug addicted babies. These babies are attached to all kinds of monitors and IVs and I don't think that's the half of it. All that equipment, drugs, and staff time is expensive.

I always joke that the next time I need an IV I want her to go with me and do it because if she can do IVs on tiny, sick babies, she can do it anybody.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.8  Sunshine  replied to  JBB @4.1.6    5 years ago
Families often demand futile exceptional treatment

And parents will also demand it for a microencephaletic two year old. 

Does that bother you too?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.8    5 years ago

Is the 2 year old dying? Would life saving measures actually help him live or only prolong death?

These are the questions that both medical professionals and parents deliberate over. 

Yes, there are parents out there who deliberately kill their child because they don't want to take care of it anymore and we have a name for them...monsters

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  dennis smith @4.1.11    5 years ago
The legislator says it should be done immediately after birth.

For a baby that may not live for an hour? Just what are you talking about?

Nobody condones killing a fully functional, healthy baby immediately after it's born...except for monsters

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.12    5 years ago

There's another nonsense thread up about this same damned subject.  SSDD

96WS6
Junior Quiet
4.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    5 years ago

yep RI is jumping on the bandwagon. 

katrix
Sophomore Participates
4.3  katrix  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    5 years ago
but will fight tooth and nail to ensure that the law allows mothers to let their kids die after delivery

Nah, that's the right wingers who think that once a baby is born, it's just fine if it starves or dies of disease.  They only care about fetuses as a vehicle to try to control women.  But then, half of them are so warped they think sex is evil, and that women should be punished for having sex.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    5 years ago

As allhapundit says, "Ask a progressive to name the most vicious thing Trump has done while in office and they’re apt to cite his family separation policy at the border. Practically to a man or woman, all of those same people either enthusiastically support or comfortably tolerate a Democratic leadership that thinks actual out-of-the-womb infanticide is unproblematic."

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6  Sunshine    5 years ago

People can justify anything if they try hard enough.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Sunshine @6    5 years ago

Once you start blatantly denying reality it's easy.

JumpingJackFlash
Freshman Silent
8  JumpingJackFlash    5 years ago

[Removed]

charger 383
Professor Silent
9  charger 383    5 years ago

As a Virginian, I am not a fan of Gov Northern but I have no problem with what he said.   

The woman has done all the work so she gets to make the choices and it just ain't nobody else's business 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
10  seeder  96WS6    5 years ago

[Removed]

lady in black
Professor Quiet
10.1  lady in black  replied to  96WS6 @10    5 years ago

Please learn biology, a new born is NOT a 9 month old.  And once again, keep spewing prolifer falsehoods.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @10.1    5 years ago

The over 300,000 preemies born each year in the US would disagree with you.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @10.1    5 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

It's the difference between 9 pounds and 19 pounds

But we are talking to men here who probably don't know the difference

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.1    5 years ago

What do preemies have to do with this?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.3    5 years ago

Not a goddamn thing.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @10.1.3    5 years ago

The answer is clearly apparent to the even the most average of observers.   Unbiased observers i should say.

They are born at or before nine months into the pregnancy.   Therefore, a new born.

Enough with the word games and semantics .... but considering the sources, i shouldn't be surprised

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.6    5 years ago

Admit you fucked up over your word usage and everything will be ok

Veronica
Professor Guide
10.1.8  Veronica  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.6    5 years ago

9 month gestation does not make a 9 month old.  You can go all spastic that someone is calling you on your error - it would be more dignified to admit you made the error.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Veronica @10.1.8    5 years ago
'9 month gestation does not make a 9 month old.  You can go all spastic that someone is calling you on your error - it would be more dignified to admit you made the error.'

jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.6    5 years ago
'The answer is clearly apparent to the even the most average of observers.   Unbiased observers i should say.

They are born at or before nine months into the pregnancy.   Therefore, a new born.

Enough with the word games and semantics .... but considering the sources, i shouldn't be surprised'

jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.7    5 years ago

Sure if i did but i didn't.   So no worries, everything is still okay. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  Veronica @10.1.8    5 years ago

[deleted]

Last i checked this seed is about born alive abortion not homicide after nine months.

Veronica
Professor Guide
10.1.13  Veronica  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.12    5 years ago
Last i checked this seed is about abortion not homicide.

Tell that to the people that are equating abortion with murder.

[Removed, please keep comments to the topic not members of the forum.]

lady in black
Professor Quiet
10.1.14  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.6    5 years ago

You did not see the deleted post.....part of it was referencing aborting a 9 month old, hence my post 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.12    5 years ago

Then why don't you go gripe at the people you normally side with? They're the ones turning this seed into screech fest about infanticide

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.16  Sparty On  replied to  Veronica @10.1.13    5 years ago

That was not my intent.   Perhaps not clear enough but not my intent just the same.

Clearly a nine month old is not the same as a baby nine months into gestation.

Anyone alluding, that i thought that was the same thing, is simply playing word games.

Silly word games

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.15    5 years ago

To quote [the rules, please make your comment on the topic of the article.]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.17    5 years ago

Go have a cup of tea and relax

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12  It Is ME    5 years ago

"This is pure infanticide."

EXACTLY ! 

Give birth, resuscitate if needed, then discuss if the CHILD should be "MURDERED" or not (his radio station input)!

Josef Mengele's spirit is upon us ! jrSmiley_30_smiley_image.gif

Gordy327
Professor Expert
12.1  Gordy327  replied to  It Is ME @12    5 years ago

Except that is not happening  and is pure hyperbole.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Gordy327 @12.1    5 years ago
Except that is not happening  and is pure hyperbole.

Not Yet !

The NEW "Law" is just in it's infancy.

"Infancy" .…..get it ? jrSmiley_19_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Gordy327
Professor Expert
12.1.2  Gordy327  replied to  It Is ME @12.1.1    5 years ago

Oh, so you nothing then! Just hyperbolic speculation, with a hint of paranoia and bad jokes. Got it.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
13  seeder  96WS6    5 years ago

Hilarious how many people are still in denial after hearing it right from the horses mouth.  This is the woman that is trying to pass the bill and she told you the truth and they still refuse to beleive it

It Is ME
Masters Guide
13.1  It Is ME  replied to  96WS6 @13    5 years ago
Hilarious how many people are still in denial after hearing it right from the horses mouth. 

More SAD and pathetic !

The "Left" has gotten to the point of no return on this one.

The "Sleeping Giants" will awaken again !

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  96WS6 @13    5 years ago

That is not what the governor is saying. He is the person who signs the bill. 

And for the record, whether you know it or not, what the Gov describes has been going on in hospitals all over the US or decades. 

My sister's sister in law had a full term pregnancy and stopped feeling the baby moving. She called her doctor and he said there was nothing to worry about. That full term babies often stop moving because they are cramped. 12 hours later she gave into her worries and went to the hospital. When they gave her an ultrasound, they could see that the baby had made its meconium in utero. The nurses (yes there were no docs available at that moment), did a lateral C section, and the baby was not breathing. At that point, the doctors came in, and said that the baby was probably brain dead and she should just keep the baby comfortable and do nothing. She insisted on care. 

Well, that baby is now a 26 year old women. She has never said a word. She has constant seizures. She weighs 60 some odd lbs in a wheelchair with severe CP. Her mother has often said, that seeing her in pain like she is, she feels she made an awful mistake.

This is what they are talking about. She could have denied care and we would not have a person living an existence. This is a living hell for both the child and the parent. But the bottom line is, the option to have denied care, was there 26 years ago. It was just not talked about.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
13.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.2    5 years ago

"That is not what the governor is saying. He is the person who signs the bill." 

Weird !

His Words:

"So in this particular example, if the mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen, t he infant would be delivered, the infant would be kept comfortable, the infant would be resuscitated if this is what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physician and the mother. "

VERY Straight Forward !

"Do you want your baby or not" ! jrSmiley_68_smiley_image.png

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.2.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  It Is ME @13.2.1    5 years ago

No, that is only part of what the governor said. Here is what he said in its entirety straight from his mouth:

It Is ME
Masters Guide
13.2.3  It Is ME  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.2.2    5 years ago

I listened to the entire thing. 

For "The Health of the Baby (which by the way is breathing on a table somewhere according to him), and the "Health of the Mother" (which already gave birth)…..just doesn't seem to fit the "Health" argument at all ! 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
13.2.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  It Is ME @13.2.3    5 years ago

That isn't even a quote. Here is what he said:

First of all, this is why decisions such as this should be made by providers, physicians and the mothers and fathers that are involved. When we talk about third trimester abortions with the consent of the mothers and physicians, more than one physician by the way, um and it's done in cases where there are extreme deformities, there may be a fetus that is non viable, So in this particular example, I can tell you exactly what would be done, the infant would be delivered, the infant would be kept comfortable and the infant would be resuscitated if that is what the mother and the family desired and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother. 

So this is exactly like the case I told you about. Nothing is different. In the case I told you about, the decision by the mother was to try and keep the baby alive.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
13.2.5  It Is ME  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @13.2.4    5 years ago
Here is what he said:

It isn't hard to understand !

"done in cases where there are extreme deformities, there may be a fetus that is non viable......I can tell you exactly what would be done, the infant would be delivered, the infant would be kept comfortable and the infant would be resuscitated"

Birth the baby, get the baby breathing, make it comfortable, then decide to hack it dead or not....before the mom, dad, doctor conference that is. Oh, and maybe a second doctor can give his two cents too. In the meantime, at least the baby is breathing in comfort somewhere !

Just another Outdated new "Law" idea brought forth by ……….. "Extreme's" !

Did you know our "Science" is really good now. We even have sonar that can see inside a mothers womb. They can even do tests without birthin' babies. They can tell how the "Baby" will be, waaaaaaay before the time of birth !

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.2.6  Jasper2529  replied to  It Is ME @13.2.3    5 years ago

For your reading pleasure ...

In Alaska, New Jersey, and New Mexico, abortions are allowed up until birth and the states fund “all or most medically necessary abortions,” however, the procedures must be performed by a licensed physician. New Jersey has the additional requirement that abortions must be performed in a hospital past 14 weeks.  Meanwhile in New Jersey, lawmakers recently  introduced a bill  to prevent the slaughter of pregnant cows.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
13.2.7  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @13.2.6    5 years ago
Meanwhile in New Jersey, lawmakers recently  introduced a bill  to prevent the slaughter of pregnant cows .

Isn't that wonderful ? jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

"Animals"are Great, "Animals", "Animals" are Great !

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
13.2.8  Jasper2529  replied to  It Is ME @13.2.7    5 years ago
Isn't that wonderful ?

Cows, especially pregnant ones, must be sacred in deep blue states!  jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
14  It Is ME    5 years ago

"Governor Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) celebrated that new law by lighting up state sites pink in honor of the killing of fully-formed infants."

[Removed]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  It Is ME @14    5 years ago

From the daughter of a Holocaust survivor that is a disgusting comparison and shows how hyperbolic this discussion is and how out of touch with the reality of the situation. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
14.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1    5 years ago
From the daughter of a Holocaust survivor that is a disgusting

I agree !

At least this "Law" keeps the "Wee one" "Unaware" of what's happening huh ! The "Child" isn't mature enough to know yet ! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  It Is ME @14.1.1    5 years ago

Do you ever read what people post?

This practice has been going on years. No woman carries a baby for 9 months to abort it. No doctor would do that. We are talking about extreme circumstances. 

Veronica
Professor Guide
14.1.4  Veronica  replied to  Release The Kraken @14.1.3    5 years ago

And where is he?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
14.1.6  Sunshine  replied to  Release The Kraken @14.1.3    5 years ago
Kermit Gosnell would.

And he had enablers who turned a blind eye.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
14.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.2    5 years ago
No woman carries a baby for 9 months to abort it.

As the original law said they couldn't !

This "Newbie" now gives "FREE RANGE" to ALL.... no matter when !

As to:

"This practice has been going on years."

"This" ….... is new. If this was going on for years before the "New"....it was in someone's basement.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sunshine @14.1.6    5 years ago

And he got caught and went to prison. I think that's a good cautionary tale for anyone else who might...might consider doing the same thing he did.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
14.1.9  It Is ME  replied to  Release The Kraken @14.1.3    5 years ago
Kermit Gosnell

Poor Kermit. He was a few decades to soon !

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
14.1.10  Sunshine  replied to  Trout Giggles @14.1.8    5 years ago
doing the same thing he did.

I doubt it....some doctors will doing anything to make money.  We have pill factories, etc. 

How he was able to maintain a license is disturbing.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
14.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sunshine @14.1.10    5 years ago

A lot of evil people will do anything for money. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @14.1.3    5 years ago
Kermit Gosnell would.

He is the exception and not the rule. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
14.1.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.2    5 years ago
o woman carries a baby for 9 months to abort it. No doctor would do that. We are talking about extreme circumstances. 

If that were true, (and it's not) this law would be pointless. That's already covered under the existing Virginia law.  The whole point of this law is to make it easier for late term abortions to take place without having to  claim "extreme circumstances."   

lady in black
Professor Quiet
14.1.14  lady in black  replied to  Sean Treacy @14.1.13    5 years ago

It is true, you just don't want it to be

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.15  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @14.1.13    5 years ago

Sean,

The change in the law does two things. One is it takes it out of the criminal realm and puts it into the medical and two it puts it into the hands of medical professionals. Also, roe v wade has been chipped away at on the state level and now with the conservative bend at SCOTUS, this is protection for the states that value roe v wade. I don't think that anyone is advocating for abortion of full term babies. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
14.1.16  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.15    5 years ago
The change in the law does two things.n e is it takes it out of the criminal realm and puts it into the medical and two it puts it into the hands of medical professionals. Al

No. it doesn't. Honeslty, I  have no idea what you mean. It's always been in the hands of medical officials. As I said, the whole point of the law is to lower the bar for late term abortions.

Thanks to the strike-feature on the Virginia website, you can see exactly how the bill would change current law:

Repeal-Act.png?resize=738%2C274&ssl=1

As you can see, it removes the requirement that  continuation of the pregnancy  must "substantially and irremediably" impair the mental or physical health. It's right there for you.   It's a new, lower standard. 

is is protection for the states that value roe v wade

Virginia already allows late term abortions. Overturning Roe vs Wade wouldn't chage that.

I don't think that anyone is advocating for abortion of full term babies.

I know they don't talk publicly about that, but that's the whole point of this proposed law.  Just look at the statute.  It's to make it easier to abort full term babies. T

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
14.1.17  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @14.1.16    5 years ago

Sean,

Please provide me with the link to this, since this is only part of the law. Removing the words "substantially and irremediably" does not necessarily lower the bar, if the rest of the law states that 24 weeks is the usual marker. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
14.1.18  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @14.1.17    5 years ago

Attached is the proposed law.

The  English language cannot be corrupted enough to sustain the sidea that removing the modifiers  “substantially and irredeemably” doesn’t count as lowering the standard.  That’s not how our language works.

knock yourself out trying to prove otherwise, but it’s right there in plain English.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
14.1.19  Cerenkov  replied to  Sean Treacy @14.1.18    5 years ago

It's quite clear no matter how hard others cover their ears and avert their eyes.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17  Trout Giggles    5 years ago

He's exactly where he belongs. I hope he never sees the other side of the fence ever again

Veronica
Professor Guide
17.1  Veronica  replied to  Trout Giggles @17    5 years ago

I was going to say to that post - So in other words he is in prison for "breaking the law".  As any other doctor would be for "breaking the law, but the post vanished.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Veronica @17.1    5 years ago

Is that why both our comments ended up at the bottom?

Veronica
Professor Guide
17.1.2  Veronica  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.1.1    5 years ago

I think so.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
17.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Veronica @17.1.2    5 years ago

Nah, it's just the commenting system. First come first served. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.1.3    5 years ago

We both replied to BF's comment but ended up on the bottom. His comment vanished

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
17.1.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.1.4    5 years ago

If it was in the 10 min grace period, that can happen. He can just delete a comment. Not sure how that gets you both to the bottom. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @17.1.5    5 years ago

Gremlins?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
17.1.7  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.1.6    5 years ago

No comment regret. 

JBB
Professor Principal
18  JBB    5 years ago

A couple of years ago a fifth grader in my home town gave birth to a full term baby fathered by her own father. The pregnancy did not become known until the fifth or sixth month when she became plainly visibly pregnant and she was way too far along to terminate so she was forced to gave birth. Consider that for a while. BTW, nothing was done to the father and the girl's parents kept the baby.

Veronica
Professor Guide
18.1  Veronica  replied to  JBB @18    5 years ago

That makes me ill.  Very ill.  I hate to think of the physical, emotional and mental damage the young girl gone through.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
18.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Veronica @18.1    5 years ago

But the same people lamenting over these new laws don't give a flying fuck about this little girl and her evil parents.

Hey! She had the baby and that's all that matters!!!!

As they go skipping merrily down the street....

Veronica
Professor Guide
18.1.2  Veronica  replied to  Trout Giggles @18.1.1    5 years ago
don't give a flying fuck about this little girl and her evil parents.

She isn't a fetus.

JBB
Professor Principal
18.1.3  JBB  replied to  Veronica @18.1    5 years ago

The little girl told her teachers she badly wanted to terminate. I could tell you many more horrors from way out in Oklahoma's Christian Country. Two girls that I graduated from high school with died during childbirth while tied to doors that had been removed from their hinges and put on saw horses. Both were then butchered after death to remove their babies. They were sisters, not twins but only 9-10 months apart in age, who belonged to a strict Christian sect that does not believe in doctors or modern medicine. Approximately 100 of their fellow churchgoers knelt and prayed around them for days and days while they struggled to give birth. It was all a horrid bloody mess and, of course, the two surviving babies who were both boys, grew up to be seriously damaged psychologically...

Both men just got remarried within their sect. Religious Freedumb!

devangelical
Professor Principal
18.1.4  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @18.1.1    5 years ago

wouldn't that be considered normal to the adam and eve crowd?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
18.2  Sunshine  replied to  JBB @18    5 years ago
A couple of years ago a fifth grader

Seems like all the systems we have in place for abused children have failed her.  The school, the parents, the hospital/doctors.  Hard to believe that the father is not imprisoned.

JBB
Professor Principal
18.2.1  JBB  replied to  Sunshine @18.2    5 years ago

Oklahoma law failed her. Before anyone knew WTF it was almost too late to terminate.

Besides, without parent's permission termination is illegal and they would never give it... 

The parents stalled on it legally in count until it was too damn late to do a damn thing. 

You would be surprised what sway religious sects have in lower population rural areas.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
18.2.3  Sunshine  replied to  JBB @18.2.1    5 years ago
Oklahoma law failed her.

Most states have an exception for late term abortions for rape or incest.

The child should have been removed from the home and under the care of a state agency.  The doctors did not report her pregnancy or the school?

Very odd story.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
18.2.5  Sunshine  replied to  Kathleen @18.2.4    5 years ago

The school would be in a great deal of trouble.  They are mandatory reporters of child abuse or suspected child abuse.