╌>

Russia secretly offered bounties on US troops to Taliban, report says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  flynavy1  •  4 years ago  •  273 comments

Russia secretly offered bounties on US troops to Taliban, report says
Trump was briefed on the bounties, and the National Security Council discussed the problem in late March, the officials told The Times.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A Russian military intelligence unit secretly offered bounties to militants in Afghanistan for killing coalition forces — including targeting American troops, according to a report Friday.

The revelations, from American intelligence officials —   reported by The New York Times   — came as the US, Taliban militants and the Afghan government are struggling to cut a peace deal to end the 18-year conflict.

The US determined months ago that the Russian unit, which has also been linked to assassination attempts and covert operations in Europe that are intended to destabilize the West, had secretly offered rewards for successful attacks last year, the paper reported.

Taliban-linked Islamist militants, as well as armed criminals closely associated with them, collected some of the bounty money, the intelligence officials said.

Twenty Americans were killed in combat in Afghanistan in 2019, but it was not clear which of them could have been linked to Russia’s bounty.

Trump was briefed on the bounties, and the National Security Council discussed the problem in late March, the officials told The Times.

The NSC brass developed potential options — from demanding that the Kremlin stop the practice to sanctions and other possible responses — but the White House has not approved of any action against Russia or President Vladimir Putin, a former top KBG official himself.

American and Afghan officials have long said that Russia was supporting the Taliban, but the revelation was the first time Russia had been accused of sponsoring armed attacks against American and NATO troops.

The Kremlin was unaware of the accusations, Dmitry Peskov, Putin’s spokesman, told The Times. “If someone makes them, we’ll respond,” Peskov said. A Taliban spokesman did not respond to messages from the paper seeking comment.

The officials who shared the intelligence did not explain the Trump administration’s delayed response — though normalizing relations with Russia was a key part of Trump’s campaign for office.

Since then, he’s   lobbied for Russia’s return   to the G-7, after it was bounced for its invasion and annexation of Crimea.

Trump at a   summit in Helsinki   in 2018 suggested that he believed Putin’s denial that the Kremlin interfered in the 2016 presidential election on his behalf despite the unanimous conclusion of the US intelligence community that it had.

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe   reached the same conclusion.

But the administration did share the intelligence with the UK this week, according to the report, because British forces were also among those targeted.

American and Afghan officials had already accused Russia of providing small arms to the Taliban, although Russian government officials dismissed the claims as “idle gossip.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1  seeder  FLYNAVY1    4 years ago

You've got to be fucking kidding me...!

These are our sons and daughters..... My brothers and sisters in arms.

This piece of shit that you [Deleted] on the right think belongs in the White House was informed about this in March, yet was pushing for Russia's return to the G7 as recently as this past week.

What is it going to take for you [Deleted] on the right to get the message that Trump doesn't care about America, it's people or even you.....!

Come on Trump supporters...... defend this!!!!!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    4 years ago

That's right..... your savior in the WH is a Russian asset that says "He loves the military"  while he sucks up to asshole that is putting a bounty on our kids in Afghanistan.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1    4 years ago

how they defend/deflect on this should be interesting

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  igknorantzrulz @1.1.1    4 years ago
They've been staying away because they are complicit with Trump's actions......  Trump could be the devil himself, they'd still support him, country be damned.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.2    4 years ago
ey've been staying away because they are complicit with Trump's actio

I love this thread. Watching Democrats freak out about Trump when Obama did much worse with Iran  is pure comedy. [Deleted]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.3    4 years ago
Obama did much worse with Iran 

Obama is no longer president.

(But then, I assume you already knew that)

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.5  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.3    4 years ago

I love your whataboutism Sean.....  Trump has weakened us around the world and with our allies.  Russia, China are having a field day while your buddy Trump is giving Putin the best blowjob he's ever had.

So.... Tell me why Russia has earned the privilege to be part of the G7 again?  Your buddy Trump thinks that it's more important  then sending a message about bounties on our soldiers.    

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.5    4 years ago
I love your whataboutism Sean..

[Deleted]

When Obama gave pallets of cash to a regime that not only gave bounties out on Americans in Afghanistan, but killed them, you were quiet as a church mouse.  Now Russia did it and suddenly, miraculously, it's a problem that Trump even suggests letting them back in the G7! Do you know how ridiculous your position is? Some countries that put bounties on American troops should be rewarded and others  punished, depending on the political needs of the Democratic party?  Good luck with that.

ell me why Russia has earned the privilege to be part of the G7 again

Why would I do that? I don't think they should. 

uddy Trump thinks that it's more important  then sending a message about bounties on our soldiers.  

And your hero Obama thought it was more important to give cash and a path to nuke than send a message about bounties on our soldiers.

See, my position is consistent. No country who puts bounties on our soldiers should be rewarded. Pity you can't say the same. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.7  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.6    4 years ago

But Obama.....

You must mumble his name in your sleep Sean.  Too bad you can't bring yourself to deal with the present.  You want to talk about Iran and the nuke treaty.... go start your own seed on the topic...... I'll be there.

This one is about Trump giving Putin a blowjob again.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.7    4 years ago

Too bad you can't bring yourself to deal with the present.

I did..I have principles that transcend the party of the President.  

[Deleted] pointing out your position from a couple of years ago provides causes such angst to you.  In order for you to pretend to have a principled position on this topic, you have to wipe away all history before 2016 (except when talking about Russian bad acts that occurred prior to 2016, of course). and then, when the next Democrat is elected, you can forget all the positions you took when Trump was President and start arguing whatever talking points help that President.  

People arguing from principle don't have a problem demonstrating how those principles are applied across different situations. Your  refusal to address your support for other countries that offered bounties to kill Americans speaks volumes about your motivation in attacking Trump and lack of any actual principled objections to his behavior. It's just feigned outrage. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.6    4 years ago

I'm so sick of that debunked nonsense.  

[Deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.8    4 years ago
'I did..I have principles that transcend the party of the President.'

[Deleted]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.11  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.8    4 years ago

Texas Rep. Michael McCaul, the ranking Republican on House Foreign Affairs, said in a statement Saturday that he "immediately reached out to the Administration," adding that if the accusations in the New York Times report are true, the administration "must take swift and serious action to hold the Putin regime accountable."

McCaul must be up for reelection.......

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.12  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.6    4 years ago
When Obama gave pallets of cash to a regime

That bullshit has been debunked too many times to count Sean. Only the willfully uninformed repeat it now. 

And your hero Obama thought it was more important to give cash and a path to nuke than send a message about bounties on our soldiers.

There is no evidence that anyone was aware of Russian bounties until March of this year. 

See, my position is consistent. No country who puts bounties on our soldiers should be rewarded. Pity you can't say the same. 

Pity Trump's position isn't consistent. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1.13  pat wilson  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.6    4 years ago
Obama gave pallets of cash

That was Iran's money to begin with.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.13    4 years ago

At least when we held it, we knew it wasn't financing terrorism.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.15  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.13    4 years ago

We also kept four modified Spruance class destroyers (Kidd class) that Iran bought once the 79 revolution came about.  We ran the guts out of from 1981 to 1998.  They were also informally known  "The Ayatolla or dead admiral" class."  Each one at the time had a cost of $890 million.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dulay @1.1.12    4 years ago
has been debunked too many times to count Sean. Only the willfully uninformed repeat it now. 

Of course they did. Are you really that ignorant? 

no evidence that anyone was aware of Russian bounties until March of this year.

Wrong again! 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.18  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    4 years ago
every representative is up for election every time there is a federal election held.

And these two and thousands more like them will be voting for Trump...

Dj2e0w9VAAAraKs.jpg

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.20  JBB  replied to    4 years ago

Russians do NOT "Support America". Russia supports Trump!

BIG DIFFERENCE...

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.21  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    4 years ago
Now a day, Russians support American more than many democrats

Russians do not support America in anyway. Putin is determined to destroy western democracy and he is using gullible conservatives to do it. He is appealing to white nationalists and putting out all sort of rhetoric and false narratives to rile up the conservative base as he did in the 2016 election because he wants us to fight among ourselves. He wants to pretend to be white conservatives friends so they eat up all the lies and misinformation he disseminates via RT and Sputnik which are often picked up by right wing rags and regurgitated all over conservative airwaves.

Putin isn't a "former" KGB agent, he is an active KGB agent who blames America for the old Russian regimes downfall. Anyone telling themselves anything different are lying to themselves. This most recent story about Russia paying for American soldiers to be killed is Putin's delayed response to what we found out America did to Russia in Afghanistan back in the late 1980's that was exposed in "Charlie Wilson's War".

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.23  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

We all know very well that the current 'president' is Putin's cockholder.  

We don't love Russians.

tRump's supporters sure do.  

lib50
Professor Silent
1.1.24  lib50  replied to    4 years ago
It’s amazing how many of you now hate Russians when you loved them so much when Putin’s cockholster was President.

Um, the cockholster is still in office blowing as we type.  Now I am wondering if any of you can actually discuss what this seed is about, Putin offering bounties on American lives to Afghan militants and Trump doesn't care.  Do you care? Do republicans care? Do you think the military will care? What do you think should be done about it?  Invite Putin to join the G7?  Come on now, lets hear the excuses for allowing Trump's best buddy Putin to off American troops.  See if it can be done without deflection.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.26  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  pat wilson @1.1.13    4 years ago

Under international law, we had to return it.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.27  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to    4 years ago

I'd say people like you that put Trump in office and still want him therel

Get off your libertarian fence and take a stand for America.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.29  Ozzwald  replied to    4 years ago
It appears once again you have been duped by fake news coming from the times

It appears that once again you were duped by the fake news coming from FoxNews, in their never ending efforts to suck up to POTUS.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.32  Ozzwald  replied to    4 years ago
So once again you have a simple my news with un-named source is better than news with people who will stand behind it. 

When you are talking FoxNews....YES.

When you are talking FoxNews, when they are merely reporting what Trump claims...... YES!

As of 2 1/2 months ago:

President Trump made 18,000 false or misleading claims in 1,170 days

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.33  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to    4 years ago

"Trump says....."

That's just stellar brilliance Loki.......! 

You want to take a known habitual liar's word on this.... and as reported by Fox news, an organization that has proven it will lie at the drop of a hat.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.35  Krishna  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1    4 years ago
That's right..... your savior in the WH is a Russian asset that says "He loves the military"  while he sucks up to asshole that is putting a bounty on our kids in Afghanistan.

The Lincoln Project is a group of Republicans who are strongly opposed to re-electing Trump. They have a series of powerful ads making that point.

Here's one they did on the collusion between Trump and his puppet-master Vladimir Putin:

The Lincoln Project: "Fellow Traveler'

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.36  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Krishna @1.1.35    4 years ago

a few of my trivial thought less ofs'

Can't stand, or stand width, the height of the mental midget man with the maniacal malicious mind, that which whence forth and thought applied, the areas' covered that witch he can't spell , yet still cast and While sitting up in bed, continuously and incessantly , LIED, it is obvious the complete void, present and current, Inside...as this 'man' is on , only HIS side, where he has been left, too mentally deficient to occupy an office he should have never been Putin, asz Russian round our system, via, passing out bullshit and LIES, is a tyrannical wrecks our rule of Law, remains silent on Russian bounties on the heads of our sons , daughters, fathers, sisters , and brothers, cause he's a mother, Fckr of All of US, but asz too many swim in their vast deep can't sea of D Nile, a Corona Covid 19, is far too old for thee, or is it thy , cause , all this Russian Pawn does is Lie while looking into the eye, his hollow stair can't climb, from ware he's housed , as he escalates the amount of stares, needed to climb from wear his Base was meant, built upon a crumbling foundation , is where he's purposely placed , wear our Found Nation does Knot B long to B tied, but too it, we have been bowing as he attempts to tie our Bow, a Job, he does NO, for not even the stagnating air, from his below grade stares can breath life into the bed ware he LIES in the Capitol P, all as he attempts to prostitute , me , and ewe, and all as he violates so many of our Laws , our flushed whirled spins like a tornadic centrifugal our world liter, quart cheater, crony excuser of won giant LOSS absent of liter ship , sinks, to depths not understood. But damn peep holes, look through the glass door this man has thrown US , only stones, and break the panes, as WE ALL SUFFER, from one so lame, who just entered the 20,000 plus , where he LIES with out Shame, and their R only his deceived and receivers of the deceiver in Chiefs' message, who can stop the pains, as seen through the Glass housed Door with peep holes who refuse to take a peek at what their peers pressure them not to call out and see, all, as they continue to wash the open windows, of the Trumped up and screened in sun room , worn like ice, as my tongue is left silent , whence stuck to those open windows , as it was on the short yellow bus, the One, sum, have aloud one so dumb, to drive our country, not level, just plumb crazy, so perhaps stop being so damn Lazy, eye think you and all, can see what he's done, with hands and minds so small, perhaps, attempt some critical thinking skills, cause Trumps' lies, due, over and over, KILLZ, as he White Power Washes his hands and our house, all while grabbin some Pussy, asz he unbuttons the blouse, the Republicans had sewn shut tight, its time to tear off the ball gags, and fight and say what is long overdue and owed, cause Trump AINT RIGHT, the Republicans that have allowed what was heard and saw in half The divided nation going down the wrong path, or deserving of all of our WRATH.!. The Death of our Nation. Has become very basic Math, and there is no solution to cleanse a 'man' or party, from the blood Bath, Trump claims he had know time to read, all while our brave Service Men and Women DIE and BLEED, as he says NOT A THING to PUTIN, just kisses his ring while LYING about Science, as the Pandemic KILLS US, and he Lies, as Russia pays for those who KILL OUR SOLDIERS, how can Trump, or ANY AMERICAN REMAIN SILENT....? Cause it is NOT for what this country stands for, or via our forefathers design, THE COUNTRY THEY MEANT! Sorry Trumpers, can bite my tongue any longer, and everyone is entitled to their opinions, but argue against my stated FACTS, and I will not relent or relax! Had enough of people spouting about that which they DO NOT KNOW, cause F U must, I will show, what a self uneducated asswhole heartedly believes, as I'm fairly well red, but not blushing, cause I'll wipe , while flushing , detractors that attempt to defend a president who has been the cause of so many American lives lost, cause there is not anything higher than that cost, and eye can't see myself silent, knight is up and over pent,,,,up for an overdue Vent, cause my hot air can flow, as I've read up and might know, from many various sources, the nature of beasts, and not afraid to teach the courses

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
1.4  Account Deleted  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    4 years ago

Never  forget who Putin was/is. He is not now, never was, and never will be a friend to the US.

Knowing he would get no push back from the present limp administration, Putin finally found an opportunity to get even for Operation_Cyclone.   

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.4.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.1    4 years ago

But Obama.....!. Another one that want's to deflect from the fact that Putin has an operational asset in the Oval Office.....

Seems the man is still living rent free right between your ears XD.....

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
1.4.4  Account Deleted  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.1    4 years ago

I thought it was Bush 2 who said he was able to look into Putin's sou l.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.4.5  Krishna  replied to  Account Deleted @1.4    4 years ago
Never  forget who Putin was/is. He is not now, never was, and never will be a friend to the US.

Tell that to Dear Leader!

(On secoind thought, save your breath. For some reason that not many people know, Putin "has something" on Trump-- and Trump avoids doing anything that will piss off his"puppet-master" Vlad

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.7  Texan1211  replied to  Account Deleted @1.4    4 years ago

Gee, maybe Trump should start a war with Russia so all the dire predictions Democrats made about a Trump Administration will finally come true in regards to getting us into a war.

Would that satisfy the left?

or will they still find something to whine and cry about?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.4.8  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.7    4 years ago

Gee.... maybe Trump shouldn't give a blow job to Putin by getting Russia back into the G7 when they give money to promote the killing of our soldiers.

That would satisfy those of us that care about this country.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.9  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.6    4 years ago

So profound. 

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
1.4.11  Account Deleted  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.7    4 years ago

Trump would never start a war with Russia. He needs Putin to find him a new bride from one of the former Soviet countries.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.12  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.4.8    4 years ago

Didn't you learn in 2012 that Russia isn't much of a threat?

That would satisfy those of us that care about this country.

Were you satisfied we gave Iran back its money to finance terrorism?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.13  Tessylo  replied to  Account Deleted @1.4.11    4 years ago

Yes, once the turd is out of office, Melania is going to kick his ugly big fat sloppy ass to the curb and write a tell all book.

Then tRump can go to Russia and get peed on by underage prostitutes to his hearts' content.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.14  Texan1211  replied to  Account Deleted @1.4.11    4 years ago

Right.

I'll put that one up on the shelf with all the other crackpot, idiotic, insane, ridiculous theories.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.4.15  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.12    4 years ago

Were you satisfied we gave Iran back its money to finance terrorism?

Here's another one pushing the conservative conspiracy......

Were you satisfied that Trump paved the way for Iran to start it's journey to build a nuclear weapon when he pulled us out of the international treaty that was working, even by conservative standards?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.16  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.4.15    4 years ago

"Here's another one pushing the conservative conspiracy......

Were you satisfied that Trump paved the way for Iran to start it's journey to build a nuclear weapon when he pulled us out of the international treaty that was working, even by conservative standards?

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/the-nuclear-deal-is-working/"

tRump just had to make sure to obliterate every single thing that President Obama put in place.

He is so insanely jealous of him.

It's pathetic and deplorable.  

It's pathological

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.4.19  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.18    4 years ago

None the less..... Iran silenced its refining operations to the satisfaction of the IAEA, and that serves everyone in the region.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.4.20  Sean Treacy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.4.15    4 years ago

John Kerry said he knew some of the money would go to terrorist groups.

If Kerry can admit the obvious, why can't you?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.4.21  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.4.20    4 years ago

John Kerry said he knew some of the money would go to terrorist groups.

I'm sure it did....

The world knows that Trump kowtows to Putin at almost every turn.... why can't you admit to that?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.23  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.4.15    4 years ago
Here's another one pushing the conservative conspiracy......

Why not simply address what I actually wrote, instead of what you think or wanted me to write?

I said nothing about any exact amount, and I acknowledged that it was Iran's money we were holding.

How fucking lazy and intellectually DISHONEST.

[Deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.4.25  Sean Treacy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.4.21    4 years ago

Great, so we are on the same page.  Iran killed American troops, put bounties on our soldiers and Obama rewarded them with funds for terrorism. And you are fine with that. 

Again, if you've been paying attention, I have no problem saying Trump should be tougher on Russia. But if you think Trump "kowtows" to Putin after putting additional sanctions on Russia, arming the Ukrainains after Obama gave them pillows, I guess you call Obama Putin's catamite?

Your problem is the facts are slapping you in the face. Iran put bounties on US troops and neither you, nor the Obama administration think that called for getting tougher with Iran. Instead, the opposite occurred. So your supposed anger over Trump merely saying Russia should be back in the G7 is as transparent as a window.  And by any objective standard, Trump has been tougher on Russia than Obama, who among other things,  refused to arm Ukraine when it was attacked and told the NSC wto stand down when they wanted to push back in the summer of 2016 when they learned Russia was interfering in the 2016 election.

Tough day for you.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.4.26  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.23    4 years ago

I did.... you just didn't like having you nose rubbed in the truth.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.27  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.4.26    4 years ago

deleted

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.28  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.4.15    4 years ago

[deleted]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.4.29  Greg Jones  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.4.26    4 years ago

What truth have you presented here?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.30  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.4.26    4 years ago
I did.... you just didn't like having you nose rubbed in the truth.

Please alert the community when you decide to post something honest.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.31  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @1.4.29    4 years ago

Precious little. Most of it is just lazy lies, regurgitating Democratic Party propaganda.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.4.32  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.22    4 years ago

Do you remember one of our former members Einstein Insanity by chance?

It just happened that he was a British inspector for the IAEA, and we debated the the topic here on NT.  It was pretty heated as you might expect.  The bottom line is that the deal did stop Iran from refining beyond 21% which was key for a ten year period of time to where the mistrust between all parties could be reduced to where additional progress could be made.  That alone was worth the time of achieving the agreement.  And verified progress was being made per the IAEA reports.  

Trump came in, and put a match to all of that, and for what?  Your talking points of missile testing and the like ring totally hollow when the real issue was preventing Iran from producing a nuclear weapon.  I know you have to toe the Trump talking points.... what else could we possibly expect.

All this being said..... Lets get back to the topic of the Russian asset in the WH that cares more about protecting confederate statues than he does about protecting American soldiers.....    

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.4.33  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.4.25    4 years ago
Not even close in comparison Sean.  The west got Iran to limit it's refining operation to 21% enrichment which benefitted the region.
So back to the topic of this seed and why you continue to support the Russian asset in the WH at all costs?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.34  Texan1211  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.18    4 years ago

Of course there was no treaty.

But it sure sounds good to lie and say there was--to a select few who refuse to recognize reality and truth.

Why do so many seem intent on still proving Reagan was right?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.4.35  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @1.4.31    4 years ago

Really.... do I need to post the video of Trump wanting to have Russia in the G7 while Putin is paying money for dead American Soldiers?

Seems like you have the problem with convenience of truth in order to defend the Russian asset in the WH..... Have you no shame?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.37  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.4.35    4 years ago

You have posted so much stuff you just know is right, but the truth is, it isn't.

There was no treaty. A blatant lie. No matter how much you spin it, that is what you claimed, and most people can see that. The ones who can't are simply in denial or don't care anything about truth.

I posted something about giving Iran its money back which we were holding, and you counter with some insane gibberish about some conservative theory.

I'm glad you seem to know lots of things.

I just wish that what you knew was true.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.38  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @1.4.29    4 years ago

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.39  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.4.26    4 years ago

Truth - everything you're saying, is SPOT ON.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.40  Texan1211  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.36    4 years ago
What is never mentioned when speaking about that is that IF Iran permitted inspectors in, they had to provide warning providing Iran time to 'clean up any to be inspected area' and there were installations that were "off limits" to inspectors.  The vast majority of those glowing IAEA reports were of Iran SELF REPORTING.  And of course everything that Iran reports HAS to be honest and factual, right?   

To your point:

Iran has been proving they won't abide with agreement.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.42  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.41    4 years ago

I trust Fly.  He is beyond reproach.  

You?

LOL!

How is Reggin doing?  I haven't seen him around.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.44  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.43    4 years ago

But, but, but President Obama

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47f9bb7729464e488dacfb2844a294405fc4482da1&rid=giphy.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.46  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.43    4 years ago

These bounties that the 'president' knew about, are yet one more treasonous act from the traitor in chief.

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.48  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.45    4 years ago

Sure you don't.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.49  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.47    4 years ago

President Obama is not the topic yet the tRumpsters always deflect to President Obama or Hillary or . . . anything other than the subject at hand, this treasonous traitorous scum of a 'president' tRump.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.51  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.50    4 years ago

What facts?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.53  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.52    4 years ago

Don't bother.

The subject isn't President Obama.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4.55  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.54    4 years ago

You surmise incorrectly, as usual.  

When you provide some actual facts, I'll let YOU know.

lib50
Professor Silent
1.4.56  lib50  replied to  XDm9mm @1.4.54    4 years ago

Wow, you just wasted a whole lot of words on a different topic.  Don't have a valid defense of Trump being either ok with or so incompetent he didn't listen to a briefing (or is LYING)?  Are you ok with Putin offering bounties on American troops to Afghan militants?  If not, what do you think about Trump's response or lack of knowing?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.4.57  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @1.4.13    4 years ago

I think she will take Baron and try to live outside of the limelight so she can try to undo the psychological damage caused by his father.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.4.58  bbl-1  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.4.57    4 years ago

Baron was raised with his first language being Slovenian.  He also has dual citizenship.  US and Slovenian.  The financial arrangement Melania renegotiated in 2018 with Trump is---hefty.  The three urchin Trump children will not like it when she flees---with her son and the cash to the safe haven of Slovenia.  Look for the urchins to sue and wait for them to lose.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.4.60  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to    4 years ago

Let's clear your  comment up.....Exactly who loved Russia in the 1980s comrade?

As you're once again covering Trumps ass... you are on the side of Russia and against American troops.  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.4.61  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @1.4.29    4 years ago

Hi Greg... right on time.

What, are you too choosing to cover Trumps' ass and that of Russia's over American Troops?  Actually, I never figured you would do anything else so there, so no surprise.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  Krishna    4 years ago

I wonder how Trump is going to defend this?

(Probably doesn't matter-- the mindless groupies in his will believe anything he says..or doesn't say!)

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Krishna @2    4 years ago

You notice Krishna, this seed has been up for 18 hours.... where are all the Trump Lovers?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Krishna  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1    4 years ago

You notice Krishna, this seed has been up for 18 hours.... where are all the Trump Lovers?

Probably most of them are smart enough to realize that these "true facts" are tough to argue with.

But they can still use their usual strategies.

1. Blame "Fake News". "The Media" (for some strange reason, many of them don't know that Fox News is media! Go figure...weird).

2. Attempt to derail the conversation by bringing up some figure who no longer is in power and can't affect the situation. (To deflect the conversation away from someone who is currently in power and can have an impact).

For example, the current president of the USA of course does have a lot of power, so instead they bring up and obsess about someone else-- someone who is no longer in office.and no longer has any power.

Their favourite is usually Hillary, but sometimes Obama, (I'm wondering when they'll get tired of that, and try to convince us its all JFK's fault-- or FDR. (Or maybe President Tyler, or Harrison or... Calvin Coolidge?)

And of blaming the media, Hillary, or Obama is their favourite derail-- no matter what the topic is!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    4 years ago
2. Attempt to derail the conversation by bringing up some figure who no longer is in power and can't affect the situation. (To deflect the conversation away from someone who is currently in power and can have an impact).
But....the lefties hereabouts don't want to hear about and have to defend their bumbling presidents and wannabes like Hillary and Biden, so they call it a deflection, and try to make their seeds become echo chambers for lies and misinformation.

lib50
Professor Silent
2.1.3  lib50  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.2    4 years ago

But Hillary. But Biden. But lefties.

How about what about Trump allowing Putin to offer bounties on American troops?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1.4  1stwarrior  replied to  lib50 @2.1.3    4 years ago

Are you really friggin' serious??????

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1    4 years ago

Here is one. Trump and the VP and others say they never got briefed on that and you know that there are records of all the briefings, so they wouldn't be saying that if there was evidence to the contrary. On the other side of this is the New York Times with their unnamed sources AGAIN!

As far as I'm concerned this is yet another mammoth media lie.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.6  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    4 years ago

Good morning Mr. Qanon, I hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Don't worry yourself too much having to protect the liar-in-chief. A person with your level of curiosity shouldn't mind if a congressional hearing or two is initiated on the subject.  I think Liz Cheney is up for it.  Others in the senate will most likely take this up too. That should help clear things up for everyone except hard core conspiracy theorists.    

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.6    4 years ago
A person with your level of curiosity shouldn't mind if a congressional hearing or two is initiated on the subject.  I think Liz Cheney is up for it. 

She is demanding it. I, with my level of curiosity, am doing what I always do - trying to verify everything the New York Times says. I have a hunch that I will be doing the next article on this claim. I look forward to hearing from you then.

"Fair Winds"...

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3  Snuffy    4 years ago

Perhaps you should read up on Operation Cyclone.

With that said,  also it should be remembered that nations do not have friends they have interests. Find the interest for wanting to bring Russa back into the G7 and you find more understanding.  Or don't research and continue to mindlessly blame the current administration. I just hope that you remember that someone once said that Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same damn coin.

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @3    4 years ago

So you think give Russia what they want and they will play nice?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.1.1  Snuffy  replied to  Ender @3.1    4 years ago

do you really think that's the interest in the thought process behind bringing Russa back into the G7?  something so simple and banal?  damn...  Or maybe it is that simple.  I don't know, never said I did.  All I said was do the research or don't bother and continue to blame the current administration.  No skin off my nose regardless of what you do. Only real problem is on you because eventually this administration will end and you will need to find someone or something new to blame. 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Ender  replied to  Snuffy @3.1.1    4 years ago

So you don't know what his thought process is or the reasoning behind it.

Then basically say I am just looking for anything to blame on donald.

Gotcha.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.3  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Snuffy @3.1.1    4 years ago

Why reward Putin and Russia for bad behavior by letting them back into the G7?

Crimea annex, military operations in Ukraine, shooting down of airliners, cutting US military presence in Europe, and now Russian bounties on US Soldiers....Sure these are all things to reward Russia for.

Here's the real question to you snuffy..... Why is Trump the only one of the G7 pushing for Russia to be back in that group.  The rest have rejected the idea.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.4  Krishna  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1.3    4 years ago
Why is Trump the only one of the G7 pushing for Russia to be back in that group.

I can tell you this: many people are saying that  Putin is his "Puppet Master"-- in the case of Trump-- Putin pulls the strings!

That I can tell you.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2  Krishna  replied to  Snuffy @3    4 years ago
Find the interest for wanting to bring Russa back into the G7 and you find more understanding. 

Excellent comment-- voted up!

And as you mentioned, there's a lot fo interest in bringing Russia back into the G7-- a lot of interest coming from-- our Dear Leader!!! (So please don't deny it).

Trump Says 'Common Sense' To Invite Russia to G7

"The problem is many of the things that we talk about are about Putin, so we're just sitting around wasting time because then you have to finish your meeting and somebody has to call Putin or deal with Putin on different things.

And I say have him in the room," Trump said.

Russia was expelled from the G8 in 2014 after it invaded and illegally annexed Crimea from Ukraine. Moscow has simultaneously supported separatists in parts of eastern Ukraine in a conflict that has claimed more than 13,000 lives

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Krishna @3.2    4 years ago

Well, he could give Putin a "stern warning", or impose some kind of sanctions that Putin will ignore.

Or Trump start war with Russian...that'll show him!

lib50
Professor Silent
3.2.2  lib50  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.1    4 years ago

Looks like the best gift Trump gave Putin is the green light.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lib50 @3.2.2    4 years ago

In a red light district.  The yellow is the stripe down his back.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.3  Krishna  replied to  Snuffy @3    4 years ago
Perhaps you should read up on Operation Cyclone.

No.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.4  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Snuffy @3    4 years ago

So our actions in Operation Cyclone that led to the eaths of Soviet invasion forces justifies Trump to ignore bounties paid by the Russians to kill our Soldiers.... Tit for tat Eh?

Is that how you think this makes everything okay?

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.4.1  Snuffy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.4    4 years ago

how in the hell did you pull any of that out of my comment where I said to read up on Operation Cyclone?  In no way did I even hint about any such thing. It seems like you are just making bullshit up to try to score points. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.4.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Snuffy @3.4.1    4 years ago

Then why did you even bring up Operation Cyclone then? I remember it, and as you didn't make any specific point, the only logical thing to be gleaned from your post is that you were okay with the payback by Russia on our troops.

You have the floor to make your point..... Have at it. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.4.3  Snuffy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.4.2    4 years ago

Ok,  the point of this seed was that while a Russian intelligence unit was offering (supposedly) cash rewards to the Taliban for the killing of American solders President Trump was also talking about bringing Russia back into the G7. 

I countered with Operation Cyclone which was to point out that during the Soviet-Afghan war (Dec 25, 1979 - Feb 15, 1989) the two countries were still interacting on the world stage and still did business.  During Operation Cyclone the CIA did support the mujahideen with both arms as well as cash. And the mujahideen did use this to kill Soviet troops.  

Major US - Soviet interactions during the Soviet-Afghan war:
  Nov 1985 - 1st Reagan - Gorbachev summit
  Oct 1986 - 2rd Reagan - Gorbachev summit (almost agree on nuclear weapon elimination)
  Dev 1987 - 3rd Reagan - Gorbachev summit : Signed the INF treaty

It seems like the point you are making is that 'How dare Trump try to be friendly to Russia when they are paying to kill US solders'.  And I countered with Operation Cyclone and tried to make the point that nations don't have friends, they have interests. Countries will do all sorts of things while at the same time still attempting to do harmful things.  Hell,  who was the largest trading partner of Germany in 1941?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.4.4  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Snuffy @3.4.3    4 years ago

Okay, I'll acknowledge your tact.  

Now to you..... of what possible benefit to the US would it be to reward Putin with G7 readmission when Russia still occupies the Crimea, still has technical and funds the separatists in Ukraine, and now as found out, funds the Taliban bounties?  Then numbers don't add up Tex.  Talking and negotiation is fine, but rewarding for nothing in return.....? 

Besides, pulling our troops out of Germany and pulling out of NATO does NOT help America in any way, and only plays to help Putin and Russia.  These are constant talking points for this administration. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.4.5  Greg Jones  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.4.4    4 years ago

You problem is that you think that Putin is somehow being rewarded by the G7 readmission. I doubt that "getting tough" with Putin will change his behavior one bit. Harsh words and sabre rattling by Trump is not going to scare Putin and make him undo his past aggression, as you appear to think. Better to have him in the loop where he may have to negotiate if shown a united front against this actions

And why should we still have troops and bases in Germany? Those European bastards need to provide for their own defense.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.4.6  Snuffy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.4.4    4 years ago
Now to you..... of what possible benefit to the US would it be to reward Putin with G7 readmission when Russia still occupies the Crimea, still has technical and funds the separatists in Ukraine, and now as found out, funds the Taliban bounties?  Then numbers don't add up Tex.  Talking and negotiation is fine, but rewarding for nothing in return.....? 

You seem to imply that everything must balance up as if on a ledger sheet. My position is that government and international relations is to large and multi-faceted for a simple balance of accounts. Russia still occupies the Crimea and still funds the separatists in the Ukraine but Trump is also providing weapons to Ukraine as well.  This is the nature of the cold war with the two powers fighting thru a proxy rather than directly as a direct war could escalate too large as both powers have nuclear weapons.

And funds the Taliban bounties...   according to a NY Times article.  I don't know as I'm not in the intelligence circles and would not have access to any such information but then again this would not be the first time that the NY Times has constructed a story.  I have no proof one way or another so I don't know if it's true.  As I said before on the topic, countries have interests and will do things that normal people will not do. But if the story is true, then once again we have a criminal leak out of the National Security Counsel,  does this concern you?

Besides, pulling our troops out of Germany and pulling out of NATO does NOT help America in any way, and only plays to help Putin and Russia.  These are constant talking points for this administration. 

We have been reducing the number of troops stationed in Germany for many years for several reasons.  First there has been a drive to bring troops home for many years from many corners of the country. An additional reason is that western border of the Russian powers has moved many many miles east, so there are many more countries that Russia would have to fight thru in order to get troops into Germany. And we have moved some troops into Poland so as to have the trip-wire closer to the current Russian border. While we only have something like 5000 troops in Poland, it will take years to build up that infrastructure to host the US military.  Also the Romping Stomping Big Red Army no longer exists in it's past form.  At the height of the Cold War the Soviet Army was between 4 and 5 million men, today the Russian Army is about 766,000. When the Soviet Union dissolved the equipment was split between between Russia and the emerging states. Economic realities for Russia have impacted the ability to build new equipment.  So the danger to Europe is nowhere close to what it was prior to 1990.

One of the campaign promises that Trump made was to try to get the European countries to do more for their common defense. Germany for years has not spent the monies they promised to pay for their own self defense, instead relying on the US military to be it's watchdog so that it could instead spend that money on internal needs. Part of the threat by President Trump to reduce the US military presence is to try to get Germany to increase it's defense spending up to the level they have promised to meet. It's not like President Trump can march into the Bundestag and write their budgets, so this is one tool he has to try to get them to meet their promise. For many years the US has paid for the defense of Europe and President Trump is trying to get them to handle a more realistic portion of their own defense. I don't see any issue with that. But as said above, the danger to Europe today is nothing like it was prior to 1990.

But as I said, Russia also has a sizable nuclear weapons force. That has a large tendency to screw up any attempt to balance the equation. So from watching the world over all the years that I've been alive,  any interaction between such countries normally takes several strange twists and turns to reduce contention and avoid the potential of greater harm. Life would be so much simpler if such weapons systems had never been created but they do exist and as such they must be included in every calculation.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.4.7  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @3.4.5    4 years ago
You problem is that you think that Putin is somehow being rewarded by the G7 readmission.

And do your best to describe how this isn't elevating Putin if he is reinstated to the G7 without having to return the Crimea, or stop supporting the separatists in Ukraine....  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.4.8  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Snuffy @3.4.6    4 years ago
You seem to imply that everything must balance up as if on a ledger sheet.

Don't take my word for it.... I think the rest of the EU is pretty much good with holding Putin and Russia accountable for their actions too.

Snuffy... this is a binary choice.  You either choose to come out on the side of our American soldiers, or you are on the side of Trump, Putin and Russia.  There is no middle ground here.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

Real leadership is giving a country a path to a nuclear bomb and billions in cash after they kill American troops in Afghanistan. Right?

I have no problem criticizing Russia. Or trumps response to Russia. He’s obviously been much tougher on them then Obama, but not as tough I would like. This just demonstrates yet again how foolish Obama was to attack Romney for calling Russia a threat to our security and ordering a stand down when Russia began interfering in our election.  

Yet those who are apparently so mad about this  were perfectly happing propping up the Iranian regime that killed American troops. Go head and defend that.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    4 years ago

Iran also gave bounties for the killing of American troops in Afghanistan

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1    4 years ago

Two posts Sean, and you've managed to criticize everyone else for everything else.    

This is happening in the here and now.  Crimea annexation by force, Russian military operations in Ukraine, passenger jet shootdown by Russian supported militia, and now bounties paid by Russia on US Military personnel.  You say you have no problem criticizing Russia and Trump under the circumstances.  All I have to say is..... When?

[Deleted]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.4  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to    4 years ago

But Russia got ejected from the G7 didn't they.\? Your little buddy in the WH want's him back in the club while ignoring bounties being paid on American soldiers.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to    4 years ago

Crimea was annexed during Obama's term. 

how exactly does that excuse Trump ? As he delayed sanctions on Russia, and has been wanting to lift them, and all the while, Russia was paying bounties for DEAD AMERICANS in Afghanastan, and TRUMP KNEW !  There is NO PASS the buck WTF, call Trump out for once, as EVERYONE should not have a problem, having a problem, with THIS

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.1    4 years ago
ing in the here and now.  Crimea annexation by force, Russian military

As MUVA points out you are mentioning things that happened years ago as the "hear and now," so I have no idea what point you think you are making other than completely avoiding what I wrote.  T

Iran killed Americans in Afghanistan and gave bounties to the Taliban. That's a fact. Then  Obama gave them a billion in cash in the middle of the night and path to a nuclear weapon. More  money to kill Americans!  Did that bother you? Did you attack Obama for it? (Just being polite, we both know the answer to that).  Because if it didn't you are just being a partisan hack feigning outrage because It's Trump who did something, not Obama for doing the exact same thing.  Obama's outreach to a regime that gave money to the Taliban to kill Americans was a helluva lot more substantial than simply saying Russia should be back in the G7 and doing precisely nothing. 

ll I have to say is..... When?

Um...I just did. Trump's too soft on Russia and  should increase sanctions on Russia, yet again.  My position on Russia doesn't change with the Presidency, unlike the whiplash one gets from the Democrats as we've gone from the reset and mocking Romney for calling Russia a threat etc..etc..to suddenly deciding anyone (who is a Republican, I should add)  who talks to a Russian is a traitor as soon as Clinton lost.   

But let's hear about you criticizing Obama for delivering pallets full of cash to a regime that gave money to the Taliban to kill American soldiers. I've never seen you offer anything but typical DNC approved talking points, so surprise me.   

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.8  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.6    4 years ago

But Obama....!!!!!   Nothing but deflection Sean.

Again.... Just what has Putin done to earn being part of the G7?  Why would Trump even suggest it?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.9  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  XDm9mm @4.1.7    4 years ago
Not that I approve of it, but I do need to ask you, did you suffer the same umbrage when we did that way back when in Afghanistan when the Russians were there?

Are you out of your mind....!  THESE ARE OUR KIDS, or do Russian soldiers rate more than ours with you?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.8    4 years ago

bama....!!!!!   Nothing but deflection Sean.

[Deleted]

I don't think any country that put out bounties on American soldiers should be rewarded. You do.   I'm still waiting to hear the Flynavy doctrine that justifies giving cash and a path to a nuke to a country that not only gave bounties to the Taliban for killing Americans, but killed Americans troops as well. Do Iranian soldiers rate more than our kids with you? 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.11  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.10    4 years ago

Again with the deflection from the matter at hand.

Go start your own seed on Iran and the nuke deal.

Stay on topic or be gone..... last warning.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Sean Treacy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.11    4 years ago

Sure, a country paying bounties to the Taliban to kill american soldiers is off topic in an article about a country paying bounties to the Taliban to kill american soldiers. 

That's what you have to resort to? Tough look for you.

My works done, I'll happily leave the thread. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.13  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.12    4 years ago

Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, an Air Force veteran who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, tweeted that "Russia is not a partner, and not to be negotiated with" and that Trump "needs to immediately expose and handle this, and stop Russia's shadow war."

At least some of the Trump Fluffers know when to come down on the side of America and her military!!!!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.14  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.12    4 years ago
Sure, a country paying bounties to the Taliban to kill american soldiers is off topic in an article about a country paying bounties to the Taliban to kill american soldiers. 

Your comments are hard to understand when you keep repeating yourself by repeating yourself!

When somethings not working, why not try something different-- instead of repeating whats not working perhaps try something different.

Instead of repeating yourself by repeating yourself?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.15  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Krishna @4.1.14    4 years ago

They can't argue in the here and now Krishna.... not when their hero is being shown to be the Russian lacky he is.... again.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.16  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.12    4 years ago
My works done, I'll happily leave the thread. 

No.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.13    4 years ago

106298994_10219557062734407_4414019000102013291_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=V392DAJnH70AX9u7sev&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=4680ea37c2f9fdc0789cf51402b3bbe8&oe=5F1EECE1

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.1.19  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @4.1.7    4 years ago
If memory serves me, that happened when Obama was President.

"Only I can fix it" DJT. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.20  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.17    4 years ago

They're really going to go after him on Twitter for this!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.21  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  XDm9mm @4.1.18    4 years ago

Look up FleetEx 83-1     What your are able to read about it online..... The CVN65, VS-37, and I were all there.  Pucker factor 10 out of 10.

While tracking a Delta III and her Sierra II escort, our little crew of four were locked on to by a pair of Su-15s, and were meat on the table.  We managed to hold both contacts till the F-14s chased the Flagons off.  Water temperature that time of year wasn't favorable to survival.  I'd say that comes close to being boots on the ground in Afghanistan..... Our squadron was flying either contact or barrier ASW Ops everyday along with doing ELINT missions to monitor Soviet responses during the operation.

You can download a PDF copy of the "USS ENTERPRISE COMMAND HISTORY 1983" here:

I've spent thirty years researching both sides of "the event".  FleetEx 83-1 was a big reason as to why the Soviets shot down KAL 007 in September of that same year.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.22  Krishna  replied to  Dulay @4.1.19    4 years ago
Only I can fix it" DJT. 

Well, after all, everyone knows that he the world's greatest expert on....everything!

Not to mention his great humility!

Oh, and BTW-- did I mention his great humility?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.23  Greg Jones  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.13    4 years ago
needs to immediately expose and handle this, and stop Russia's shadow war."
And how will that be accomplished? All reasonable suggestions are welcomed

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.24  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.4    4 years ago

And brokering deals for Russia after being briefed about the bounties.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    4 years ago
He’s obviously been much tougher on them then Obama,

Obama is not tough on them at all...for several reasons!
Not the least of which is that Obama is no longer president!

(But then, you already knew that).

If you want to talk about people who no longer have any elected office-- what about Bush? Are you worried that he is less tough on the than Trump?

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3  Krishna  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    4 years ago
Real leadership is giving a country a path to a nuclear bomb and billions in cash after they kill American troops in Afghanistan. Right?

No.

(Once again that's the best answer IMO)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @4.3    4 years ago

We all know Putin is murdering scum and tRump wants to be just like him.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3.2  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @4.3.1    4 years ago

Yes.

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.4  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    4 years ago
Go head and defend that.

Seriously Sean, why do you continue to regurgitate that bullshit? 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.4.1  Krishna  replied to  Dulay @4.4    4 years ago
Seriously Sean, why do you continue to regurgitate that bullshit?

I was wondering about that too. Does he actually know its bullshit and hopes he can get us to believe it?

OR

Does he actually believe it? Is he actually so gullible that he honestly believes its the truth?

(I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that yes--  he is being totally honest. Because strange as it  may seem to some of us, he actually does believe everything that Trump says!

(Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.4.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Krishna @4.4.1    4 years ago
he actually know its bullshit and hopes he can get us to believe it?

Oh...So now I'm an acceptable topic per fly, but Iran paying bounties to kill American soldiers is off topic on a topic about paying bounties to kill American soldiers.

What a surprise there's  no principle behind deciding what's on topic!  But since Fly reversed himself, I guess I'll help teach you and  point out what should be common knowledge. 

"U.S. military intelligence assessments detailed that Iran’s Quds Force shelled out cash for every American soldier killed or for every U.S. military vehicle destroyed."

You are wrong again! You should really try and look things up before embarrassing yourself. You should really avoid trying to make substantive points. It doesn't go well for you. 

No anger from any progressive about Iran putting bounties on American troops. Sad to see. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.4.3  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.4.2    4 years ago

Once again..... Stop with the lie about "Obama gave Iran Money"

And as far as the international nuclear treaty with Iran.... Even one of your own said it was working....

Trump lies and turns everything to shit Sean... It's about time you learn that.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.4.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.4.3    4 years ago

Stop with the lie about "Obama gave Iran Money"

Of course he did. 

There was no reason to give the money to Iran except Obama wanted his precious nuclear deal ...

You, of course, are avoiding the central point that Obama began dealing  with Iran after learning Iran paid bounties for killing Americans.  All Trump has done was make a suggestion..

Again, where is your anger over those bounties? 

n.... Even one of your own said it was working....

And numerous ones of your own opposed the deal...What does that have to do with Iran offering bounties to the Taliban to kill american troops?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.4.5  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.4.3    4 years ago

BTW.... That IRAN Quid Force bounty on US forces dates back to 2010...... Hardly current events Sean.  Trump sucking off Putin.....again..... happened within the last two weeks. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.4.6  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.4.4    4 years ago

A bunch of countries wanted that treaty Sean..... 

Deflect all you want..... because you can't make a supportive argument worth a damn and you know it.

Go back over to Breitbart and sell  your BS to them.   The rest of the thinking world has already debunked your lies to death and moved on.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.4.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.4.6    4 years ago
unch of countries wanted that treaty Sean

So you are okay with Iran offering a bounty on American troops because "a bunch of countries wanted that treaty" 

So if a "bunch of countries" decide Russia should be back in the G7, you'd have no objection to their placing a bounty on American troops? 

That's your argument? 

The rest of the thinking world has already debunked your lies to death and moved on.

You haven't debunked shit, and you are probably smart enough to know it. You are just offering rationalizations  why it doesn't bother you that Obama ignored bounties on American troops. 

Which he did. And you did too. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.4.8  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.4.7    4 years ago

You should check out Parler also.

I'm sure that 'conservative' site will be to your liking.  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.4.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.4.7    4 years ago

And, let's not forget that besides paying bounties,  Iran was  responsible for the deaths of 603 servicemen in Afghanistan.

And progressives didn't care when Obama started wooing Iran...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.4.10  Greg Jones  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.4.3    4 years ago

It wasn't working. They were cheating the whole time.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.4.11  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @4.4.10    4 years ago

It was working.

But 'president' I'm insanely pathologically jealous of President Obama and had to obliterate it.   

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.12  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @4.4.10    4 years ago
It wasn't working. They were cheating the whole time.

They won't ever believe it.

After all, the Great Obama Administration arranged the whole deal, so therefore it MUST be the greatest thing since the PPACA!!!

Facts and truth notwithstanding, of course!

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.4.13  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.4.4    4 years ago
Of course he did. 

No he didn't Sean. 

There was no reason to give the money to Iran except Obama wanted his precious nuclear deal ...

Again, Obama didn't 'give the money to Iran' Sean. 

Secondly, the P5+1 negotiated the Iran nuclear deal. 

You, of course, are avoiding the central point that Obama began dealing  with Iran after learning Iran paid bounties for killing Americans. 

Well gee Sean, since Trump can claim that he wasn't briefed about the Russian bounties, how can you be so fucking sure that Obama was briefed about Iran's? 

All Trump has done was make a suggestion..

Trump backed out of the Iran deal. 

Again, where is your anger over those bounties? 

The same place Trump's anger is over Russia's bounties. 

n.... Even one of your own said it was working.... And numerous ones of your own opposed the deal...What does that have to do with Iran offering bounties to the Taliban to kill american troops?

You're whataboutism is noted Sean.

Where is YOUR anger over Trump blowing off Russia's bounties, ya know, the topic of the seed. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.4.14  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @4.4.13    4 years ago

They cannot stay on topic.

It's always deflection, projection, and denial.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.4.15  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.4.2    4 years ago

I thought you had said your piece.

I thought you were leaving.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.4.16  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Dulay @4.4.13    4 years ago

Give up.  Sean wants to piss on your leg and convince you that it is warm rain.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    4 years ago

'I have no problem criticizing Russia. Or trumps response to Russia. He’s obviously been much tougher on them then Obama, but not as tough I would like. This just demonstrates yet again how foolish Obama was to attack Romney for calling Russia a threat to our security and ordering a stand down when Russia began interfering in our election.'

When?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6  Gsquared    4 years ago

Russia has denied this U.S. Intelligence assessment.  As is his usual custom and practice, Trump will soon denounce the U.S. Intelligence agencies, and confirm that he believes the Russians.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  Krishna  replied to  Gsquared @6    4 years ago

Yes.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
6.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Gsquared @6    4 years ago

And the Brits believe the intelligence viable.......  But Trump doesn't believe our allies.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.1  Krishna  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.2    4 years ago
But Trump doesn't believe our allies.

President Bone Spur would rather believe Putin.

Why?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.3  Gsquared  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @6.2    4 years ago

Trump considers Russia to be our (his) ally.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
7  lady in black    4 years ago

[deleted] He's a lying POS, the WORST president in the history of this country

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
7.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  lady in black @7    4 years ago

No friend to the US Constitution, nor anyone in uniform.  Yet they still support him....

lady in black
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  lady in black  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @7.1    4 years ago

It boggles my mind that anyone at all supports this lying POS...he's been caught in lie after lie and people twist every which way to defend him...sickening.....don't forget nothing is ever his fault doncha know, he's as pure as the driven snow.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1.2  Krishna  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @7.1    4 years ago
No friend to the US Constitution, nor anyone in uniform.  Yet they still support him....

Actually I think that while many do, that's starting to change. Especially amongst older, wiser, and more experienced military. For example, a highly respected Marine Corps General such as James Mattis.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
7.1.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  lady in black @7.1.1    4 years ago
It boggles my mind that anyone at all supports this lying POS...he's been caught in lie after lie and people twist every which way to defend him...sickening.....don't forget nothing is ever his fault doncha know, he's as pure as the driven snow.

My mind has been in a constant state of bogglement.  I can't wait until November so I can de-boggle myself.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.2  Krishna  replied to  lady in black @7    4 years ago

Yes.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8  Tessylo    4 years ago

tenor.gif?itemid=11488655

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @8    4 years ago

Double Yes-- with a Cherry on top!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
8.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @8    4 years ago

That's priceless Tess...!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @8.2    4 years ago

Putin has him by his tiny little balls.

God I'd love to know the dirt he has on him.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @8.2.1    4 years ago

9506e8561c855bf0a5f779c00e0b023c--live-long-racist.jpg

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
8.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @8    4 years ago

Is he giving his puppet a wedgie?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  Tessylo    4 years ago

106166720_3566972539981058_3649743175442546578_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=b_5PBEYlxx0AX_lqs9A&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=a82b6f2a0a2748ac38034c710b8e925b&oe=5F1F3895

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
9.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Tessylo @9    4 years ago

All facts!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @9.1    4 years ago

Coming from you, that is a given.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
10  Ronin2    4 years ago

This has to be the stupidest seed ever.

First of all from the article itself- once again unnamed "sources" within the administration leaking to an ever eager press will to take any negative spin; and if it isn't there the press make it up themselves.

The officials who shared the intelligence did not explain the Trump administration’s delayed response — though normalizing relations with Russia was a key part of Trump’s campaign for office.

Next is this lovely tidbit of misinformation.

American and Afghan officials have long said that Russia was supporting the Taliban, but the revelation was the first time Russia had been accused of sponsoring armed attacks against American and NATO troops.

They didn't just start this last year. Anyone that follows history knows the US supported the Taliban and Al Qaeda against the Russian occupation funneling money, weapons, and training their way. Why is everyone shocked that Russia has been doing the same damn thing after we occupied Afghanistan?  I am willing to take all bets Russia did it all throughout the Bush Jr and Obama administrations as well. Both of them knew about it and did jack shit about it. They were busy poking the Russian bear elsewhere.

This is all part of the new tit for tat proxy cold war we have going on with Russia. Get used to it unless you want to fight WWIII. 

The faux indignation from the left is hilarious. 

But Trruuummmmppppp!!!!!

Cry us all a river.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
10.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ronin2 @10    4 years ago
I am willing to take all bets Russia did it all throughout the Bush Jr and Obama administrations as well.  I'm sure your are more than willing to think that as a way to defend Trump and his Russian handler Putin.
Why is everyone shocked that Russia has been doing the same damn thing after we occupied Afghanistan?  No, what we are shocked about is Trump still b-jobbing Putin by trying to get him back into the G7 with this happening, and people like you thinking that's all okay.
Cry us all a river......  Tell that to parents or spouses when these soldiers come back in flagged draped coffins Ronin.  Indignation.???? These are my brothers and sisters in arms.  These are our kids.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
11  Mark in Wyoming     4 years ago

Sorry , but to me this is starting to smell an awful lot like a Steele file type thing , and a potential election tampering attempt as has been claimed in the past. I do find it funny how these types of things always come up around major election times and someone always takes the bait , useful idiots .

Only thing missing is NK and the axis of evil would be complete,  But that one is still up in the air , have to wait and see what Jr bird man/ woman there has up his/her sleeve.

I cant help forgetting that the best espionage capers is messing with an opponents intelligence services letting them think they have found out something is happening when something else entirely is going on.

With that I will withdraw , finish my rockey patel Undercrown , and my  Walker black label ,neat ,and head to bed.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
11.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @11    4 years ago
I'm betting this one is going to have legs Mark.... Enjoy the Black Label and your evening.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12  Tessylo    4 years ago

80243481_10214213534687443_8858016665363911523_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=PjVzULdae3YAX9tcNAn&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=1ea7569be193b773b13b54c913d63d44&oe=5F1EF1C0

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
12.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @12    4 years ago

Oh snap!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
13  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Now Trump is saying that no one told him about this.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @13    4 years ago

So which is it, HE KNOWS EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW, MORE THAN THE GENERALS AND HIS ADVISORS, or HE DOESN'T KNOW DICK ABOUT DIDDLY?

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
13.1.1  Account Deleted  replied to  Tessylo @13.1    4 years ago

That's like a anthypoporal  question - right?

PJ
Masters Quiet
14  PJ    4 years ago

Well it looks like the truth is starting to trickle out.  Trump has once again chosen loyalty to Russia over America.  I'm not surprised at all by his lack of action to defend our troops and our country and I'm not surprised by those who continue to offer one excuse after another to support his decision to do nothing.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
15  bbl-1    4 years ago

If this Taliban/Russia bounty story is true---------------------then what does America do with the MAGA's?

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
15.1  Account Deleted  replied to  bbl-1 @15    4 years ago

_v=63f541593364809

Ah - Comrade Adam have answer - change letters  from MAGA to CPCB. Can keep hats Red.

Сделай Россию снова великой

Will be big hit in mother Russia.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
15.1.1  Account Deleted  replied to  Account Deleted @15.1    4 years ago

_v=63f541593364809

Will be fun to see new hats at Trump rallies.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
15.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  Account Deleted @15.1.1    4 years ago

Holy crackers!  lol

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

Does this remind anyone of the Manchurian Candidate?