╌>

'Abandoned the rule of law': Lawmakers react to Trump granting clemency to Roger Stone

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  it-is-me  •  4 years ago  •  152 comments

By:   Savannah Behrmann, USA TODAY 13 hrs ago

'Abandoned the rule of law': Lawmakers react to Trump granting clemency to Roger Stone
"With Trump there are now two systems of justice in America: One for Trump's criminal friends and one for everyone else,"

The Democrats contradict themselves when they speak, and have very short memories of their own Favorites Doings !

It's like a Comedy Show when Democrats try and sound ...... unbiased and Caring !

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle reacted Friday night to news that  President Donald Trump commuted the sentence  of his longtime confidant Roger Stone. Democrats accused Trump of abusing his power while some Republicans applauded the move.

Stone is a Republican operative convicted of lying to Congress to protect the president's campaign from an investigation into Russian election interference.

-------------------------------------------------

Democrat Comments:

Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif.,  tweeted  that "Stone lied and intimidated witnesses to hide Trump’s exploitation of the Russian hack of his opponent’s campaign."

The campaign of former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee,  said in a statement  that Trump "has once again abused his power, releasing this commutation on a Friday night, hoping to yet again avoid scrutiny as he lays waste to the norms and values that make our country a shining beacon to the rest of the world."

"He will not be shamed. He will only be stopped when Americans make their voice heard at the ballot box this fall. Enough,"  the statement concluded.

Appearing on CNN Friday night, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said that for Trump to be able to commute or issue a pardon for Stone "based on the crime assisting the president, is ridiculous."

Pelosi was asked about  U.S. Attorney General William Barr saying  Wednesday the sentencing of Stone was fair. 

"There ought to be a law," she continued. "I’m recommending that we pass a law that presidents cannot issue a pardon if the crime that the person is in jail for is one that is caused by protecting the President, which this was.”

Sen. Mark Warner, D-VA., vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee,  posted : "The United States was founded on the rule of law. It seems our president has nothing but contempt for it."

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., and Oversight and Reform Committee Chairwoman Carolyn B. Maloney, D-N.Y.,  released a joint statement , writing, "Trump abused the powers of his office in an apparent effort to reward Roger Stone for his refusal to cooperate with investigators examining the President’s own conduct.  No other president has exercised the clemency power for such a patently personal and self-serving purpose." 

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., tweeted Trump "abandoned the rule of law and made a mockery of our democracy."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1  seeder  It Is ME    4 years ago

First of all, ya  got these Liberal politicians crying about how Trump “Broke the Rule of Law” and “Abused Power”:

1. Sen. Mark Warner, D-VA., vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, posted: "The United States was founded on the rule of law.
  2. The campaign of former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic nominee, said in a statement that Trump "has once again abused his power.
  3. House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., and Oversight and Reform Committee Chairwoman Carolyn B. Maloney, D-N.Y., released a joint statement, writing, "Trump abused the powers of his office

Then Nancy says:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said that for Trump to be able to commute or issue a pardon for Stone "based on the crime assisting the president, is ridiculous."

" There ought to be a law ," she continued. "I’m recommending that we pass a law that presidents cannot issue a pardon if the crime that the person is in jail for is one that is caused by protecting the President, which this was.”

----------------------------------------------

THE LAW !

Article Two of the United States Constitution establishes the executive branch of the federal government, which carries out and enforces federal laws. Article Two vests the power of the executive branch in the office of the president of the United States, lays out the procedures for electing and removing the president, and establishes the president's powers and responsibilities.

Section 2 of Article Two lays out the powers of the presidency, establishing that the president serves as the commander-in-chief of the military, among many other roles. This section gives the president the power to grant pardons.

---------------------------------------------

Some Weird Stuff Happened, Before Trump,

to Friends of Other Presidents ?:

President Barack Obama commuted a jail sentence for Wikileaks figure Chelsea Manning and issued a pardon to former general James Cartwright.

Plus 1714 Other Criminals

President Bill Clinton pardoned his own brother, Roger (who had served a one-year jail sentence on a drug conviction), businessman Marc Rich, Whitewater participant Susan McDougal and former Housing Secretary Henry Cisneros. FALN, which is a Puerto Rican paramilitary organization that set off 120 bombs in the United States, mostly in New York City and Chicago.

-----------------------------------------------

BUT TRUMP (Only 24 total pardons and commutations ) ? jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

The STUPID never seems to end on the "Left" !

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  It Is ME @1    4 years ago

After Adam "Schifty" Schiff's pathetic antics in the Dems ridiculous and unwarranted impeachment farce, I take anything he says with less than a grain of salt, just like I do Pelosi, Nadler, and Schumer's. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1    4 years ago

Put 'em on Mute. They make more sense then. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.1    4 years ago

Yep.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.4  bugsy  replied to    4 years ago
.let us ignore the dissent

Not dissent. Just pure lunacy from a group of people who are still mad Hillary is not their president.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.5  FLYNAVY1  replied to  bugsy @1.1.4    4 years ago

And how do you account for the judge and jury that found him guilty on all counts?  How about Bill Barr... Is he now part of that loony group too? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Sparty On  replied to    4 years ago

Which by definition ..... is certainly no "justice."

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.8  FLYNAVY1  replied to    4 years ago

The trial was held in DC if you are conservative there is a different justice system for you. 

And you know and can prove this how...?

And why is AG Barr stating that the trial and jury decision of guilt were correct as was the sentence?  How do you square his position?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.9  seeder  It Is ME  replied to    4 years ago
That's the ticket...let us ignore the dissent or even go so far as silencing any of those who may think differently by pushing an imaginary 'Mute' button.

Ya can still watch the Video without sound ...... sheeeeesh ! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

"If you believe in the American ideal...dissent is built in to the program. Only in dissent is there a forum established for meaningful change."

Walking around carrying a sign and chanting is one thing. Burning, Looting, Disrupting everyday folks, Killing Police, Killing 1 year Olds, Killing each other ..... Is quite another.

But..... BL Only M , when it's about White Police !

After all.....the Few really are the Many ....... Huh ! jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.10  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.8    4 years ago
And you know and can prove this how...?

I watched the Impeachment "Hearings?" , and found it to be lacking, and comical !

Conjecture, Innuendo, and Could Be's, makes for great TV. Nothing More, Nothing less !

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.10    4 years ago
I watched the Impeachment "Hearings?"

Yeah, nothing like watching a group of Democrats trying to copulate with a football

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.12  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.11    4 years ago

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.13  FLYNAVY1  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.9    4 years ago

And you can explain AG Barr's position on the Stone commutation exactly how....?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.14  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.13    4 years ago
And you can explain AG Barr's position on the Stone commutation exactly how....?

People have many positions.

Folks didn't like Bills pardon/Commute of his Brother or Barracks pardon/commute of an unrepentant Terrorist choice either.

So what !

It's done and over. nothing is gonna change, especially YOURS or MY life either !

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.15  FLYNAVY1  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.14    4 years ago

Of course people have many positions, but given that AG Barr's is one that would be from someone more in the know of the evidence would make those contemplate the the use of the pardon in this case.

As far as your other examples..... the difference here is that the Stone commutation involves potential evidence against the very person that supplied the commutation. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.16  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.10    4 years ago
Conjecture, Innuendo, and Could Be's, makes for great TV. Nothing More, Nothing less !

That's not true, but even if the case, what was Trump's defense? 

His defense never claimed that he didn't do it.

His defense never brought forth ANY witnesses to rebut testimony.

In fact Trump blocked 1st hand witnesses from testifying. (Sure sign of innocence??)

His total defense(?) rested on the fact that McConnell would never remove him from office no matter the guilt, or the crime committed.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.17  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.16    4 years ago
That's not true,

I listened to the Witness's that were brought forth by Shifty Shitty Schiff and Oompa Loompa Nadler !

It was all Conjecture, innuendos and Could Be's. Not one said anything other than "Opinion" !

What eve happened to Schifty's evidence he said he had, that would oust Trump right-a-way anyway ?

Was he just Throwing "conjecture and Innuendo" out in the wind to see what would stick ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.18  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.15    4 years ago
the difference here is that the Stone commutation involves potential evidence against the very person that supplied the commutation.

If so, it would already have come out in Muellers investigation !

It Didn't !

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.16    4 years ago

A defense is not necessary. 

proof of a crime is.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.20  FLYNAVY1  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.18    4 years ago

Last weekend Mueller issued his statements of the proper charges against Stone being levied, and Stone being found Guilty on all counts as valid.  AG Barr's statement from the weekend is also in confirmation of the finding of guilt on all charges and that the sentence was just.  Both of these people know to the letter of the charges and evidence that brought the jury to convict Stone.

Given that there is still quite a bit of the Mueller report that is redacted, I think you would be more circumspect in not knowing all of the details that the jury was asked to deliberate.  Be that as it may, your conundrum here is that Barr and Mueller are aligned on the critical points of the Stone trial.  If you contend that Mueller is a liar, then Barr must be doing the same.  If you believe Barr is telling the truth, then Mueller is also doing so.  Tough spot for an avid Trump supporter.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.21  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.20    4 years ago

We'll see what Mueller says about Lindsey Graham's "Offer?" to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee, since his Op'Ed !

Should be interesting.  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.22  FLYNAVY1  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.21    4 years ago

Should be interesting.

Agreed..... Think the hearing will be open to the public?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.23  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.22    4 years ago

Lindsey isn't Adam, Nancy or Jerry.

You Decide !

Me ?

I think there are enough "Judge this or that" shows on TV. The "Impeachment Trials" just fed that type constituent ! It was Better than "Judge Jerry Springer, Judge Judy Sheindlin , Judge Joe Brown, Judge Greg Mathis, or Judge Marilyn Milian". 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.24  FLYNAVY1  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.23    4 years ago

So, based upon your statement, and the fact that the House had Mueller testify in public, your assumption is that Ms. Lindsey will hold the hearing behind closed doors.... Got it.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.25  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.24    4 years ago
Ms. Lindsey will hold the hearing behind closed doors.... Got it.

What a "STUPID" Statement ! jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.25    4 years ago

the use of "ms" to describe Lindsay is what all the cool kids are doing now.

And of course, since they do it, it isn't at all homophobic, wink, wink

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.27  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.26    4 years ago

Not a homophobic bone in their body. jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.29  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago

well, I think it is homophobic.

Either that, or just wildly immature.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.31  FLYNAVY1  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.25    4 years ago

Ahhhhh.... sorry that the statement will get Trump supporters thong's in an uproar.... My apologies.

Couldn't help but notice you chose not to address the actual point of the post.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.32  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.31    4 years ago

if you post stuff like that. you should expect a response to it. and if that wasn't the point, what was the purpose of tossing it in there?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.33  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.32    4 years ago

No you see, you've got it all wrong.   Opinions of that nature are beyond reproach.   Just ask the people here who wrote them  .......  they'll tell you.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.34  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.31    4 years ago
Ahhhhh.... sorry that the statement will get Trump supporters thong's in an uproar.

I'm sorry for LGBT folks, that you didn't think before you Wrote/spoke !

AND

I did address your actual point, but you chose to go all homophobic instead !

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.35  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.31    4 years ago

"Ahhhhh.... sorry that the statement will get Trump supporters thong's in an uproar.... My apologies.

Couldn't help but notice you chose not to address the actual point of the post."  

He never does.  

It's called the It Is Me shuffle

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.36  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

"The trial was held in DC if you are conservative there is a different justice system for you."

[deleted]

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.37  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.35    4 years ago

[deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.38  Sean Treacy  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.24    4 years ago

ll let It Is Me deal with the bigots on the seed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.39  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.38    4 years ago

"I'll let It Is Me deal with the bigots on the seed."

Here's how It Is Me deals . . . 

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_40_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.40  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.38    4 years ago

lmao!!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.42  FLYNAVY1  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.34    4 years ago

Fine.... I chose an immature manner to address Lindsey Graham.... You got me! 

The fact of the matter is that Lindsey Graham is a spineless coward when it comes to anything he touches.  I expect the same when it comes to him running the hearing with Mueller.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.43  Texan1211  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.34    4 years ago

I can only imagine your response had Dan Snyder said " Sorry if some Native Americans had their feathers ruffled over our name".

I am sure you would have just loved it and accepted the apology.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.44  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.42    4 years ago
Fine.... I chose an immature manner to address Lindsey Graham.... You got me! 

You "GOT"....yourself !

"The fact of the matter is that Lindsey Graham is a spineless coward when it comes to anything he touches.  I expect the same when it comes to him running the hearing with Mueller. "

You don't listen to Lindsey very well then !

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.45  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.43    4 years ago

At least I know when to admit error..... That's more than I can say about those I'm responding to on the topic.

And yes.... Lindsey has the spine of a Hagfish.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.46  Texan1211  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.45    4 years ago

some might claim it wasn't an error. just the way you really feel

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.48  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago

Seems like repeating the "mistake" again and again can't be construed as a one off or an inadvertent mistake.

it is clearly deliberate and homophobic.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.49  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.48    4 years ago

Wow.... I have to take it all back..... Lindsey just showed a hint of some spine....

“We don't have a Dr. Fauci problem,” Graham said at a news conference in Columbia, South Carolina. “We need to be focusing on doing things that get us to where we need to go. So, I have all the respect in the world for Dr. Fauci. I think any effort to undermine him is not going to be productive, quite frankly."

But it does take away from this administration blaming everyone else for the US response to the pandemic.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.50  FLYNAVY1  replied to    4 years ago

Nah.... it's been a trend with me when dealing with the spinless Graham....as you clearly pointed out in my posts.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.51  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.17    4 years ago
I listened to the Witness's that were brought forth by Shifty Shitty Schiff and Oompa Loompa Nadler !

Did you listen to the witnesses brought forth by the defense?

It was all Conjecture, innuendos and Could Be's. Not one said anything other than "Opinion" !

Another lie.

Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, Trump's perfect letter, to name just a couple.

What eve happened to Schifty's evidence he said he had, that would oust Trump right-a-way anyway ?

Republican senate blocked those witnesses.

Was he just Throwing "conjecture and Innuendo" out in the wind to see what would stick ?

No, he made the mistaken assumption that the rule of law, and this country, were more important to Senate Republicans, than party.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.53  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.19    4 years ago
A defense is not necessary.  proof of a crime is.

Obstruction of Congress is a crime.  Or do you believe that Trump didn't block subpoena'd testimony?  Keep in mind that he admitted to it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.55  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago

the Democrats wanted the gop to put their case on for them.

they knew what a loser it was.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.57  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.51    4 years ago
Did you listen to the witnesses brought forth by the defense?

I said I listened to THE Witness's. jrSmiley_98_smiley_image.gif

"Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, Trump's perfect letter,"

He Lied !

Where did Vindman get his preconceived notion? He points to media stories accusing Trump and Rudy Giuliani of seeking investigations to damage Joe Biden. See pages 176-177 and 251-252.

Vindman confessed he never met or communicated with Trump or Giuliani and didn't know what Trump was thinking, according to transcript pages 36 and 177.

But on page 252, the Democrats hilariously argue Vindman's on solid ground because the stories quoted Giuliani, "so this is not some sort of media spin thing."

When Vindman was asked if he had knowledge of a quid pro quo communicated to the Ukrainians on July 25 -- or any other day -- he admitted, "no," says page 317 of the transcript.

And Other Crap he came up with.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.58  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.53    4 years ago

was Trump impeached for obstruction? Found guilty of it?

if not there is no case

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.59  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.53    4 years ago

Adam Schiff is on record bragging how all the evidence he had was enough to put Trump away.

What happened to all of it?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.60  Ozzwald  replied to    4 years ago
It's called executive privileged, the fucktard democrats should have gone to court like ever Congress before them if they wanted to force it.

Too bad Trump never claimed "executive privilege" for the subpoenas.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.61  Ozzwald  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.56    4 years ago
Even before a vote was taken in the Kangaroo Court called the House Impeachment Hearings, the verdict was already known.  "Guilty".

Wow, you're psychic, quick what are next week's lottery numbers?

Come back when you have actual information that is useful and viable.

Congrats on quoting my statement, then never even getting close to addressing it.  Piss ass poor deflection.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.62  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.57    4 years ago
He Lied !

Yet Trump's defense never offered any evidence to that.  So why would you claim it with no evidence?  

Oh, and your article is an opinion piece, by a Trump campaign employee.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.63  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.58    4 years ago

was Trump impeached for obstruction? Found guilty of it?

if not there is no case

What country are you from?  In America, the court system does not work that way and neither does the political system.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.64  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.59    4 years ago

What happened to all of it?

It was ignored by the Senate Republicans.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1.1.65  FLYNAVY1  replied to    4 years ago

Nah.... I really couldn't care less about Lindsey's, or anyone's sexual orientation.... I got carried away with the Ms. Lindsey shit.

I do care that he is a groveling, Trump boot licker.....detrimental to the health of the United States.  I'll be more careful in the future.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.66  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.64    4 years ago

lol. figured that would be the go to answer!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.67  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.63    4 years ago

in America, no defense is required. the prosecution must present their case.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.68  Sparty On  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1.1.65    4 years ago

Thank God for Senators like Graham.    

Lest the real fascist boot lickers take total control.     The wicked witch of the west and her flying monkeys. Schumer, shifty shiffzel, no nads Nadler, the garbage disposal squad and mad Maxine to name a few

Now that’s some real scary shit there

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.69  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.62    4 years ago
Yet Trump's defense never offered any evidence to that.

They didn't have to. His own testimony was just Conjecture and Innuendo, and on the written record too.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.70  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.67    4 years ago
in America, no defense is required. the prosecution must present their case.

And in Trump case, the House case was presented, then ignored by almost all Senate Republicans.  Remember Vindman, Mulcahey, Sondland, and Trump all stated there was quid pro quo.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.71  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.70    4 years ago

still whining because you didn't like the outcome, I see.

For the record, ignoring and listening to evidence and returning a not guilty verdict are 2 different things

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.72  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.71    4 years ago
For the record, ignoring and listening to evidence and returning a not guilty verdict are 2 different things

Care to explain the evidence that the defense submitted?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.73  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.72    4 years ago

did you not understand it?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.74  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.73    4 years ago

did you not understand it?

Understand you?  Generally all your spinning and strawmanning makes me dizzy.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.75  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.74    4 years ago

I think I see the problem.

I didn't say understand me, said understand it.

meaning the evidence you referenced in your post I responded to.

wanna try again, now that you know the question?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.76  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.75    4 years ago
I think I see the problem. I didn't say understand me, said understand it.

By it, I thought you meant your statement.

meaning the evidence you referenced in your post I responded to.

You never addressed the evidence, you simply claimed it didn't exist.  Trying to rewrite history.  Despite the video I posted pointing out just some of their admissions.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.77  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.76    4 years ago

In what exact post did I claim that there was no evidence?

Care to post the quote?

In fact, had you been reading and paying attention, you would find absolutely no evidence of what you falsely claim.

Here, I will give YOU  quotes of mine to prove what I say--can you do the same?

in America, no defense is required. the prosecution must present their case. For the record, ignoring and listening to evidence and returning a not guilty verdict are 2 different things

Now, I am off of work tomorrow, so I can stay up late if need be, waiting on you to post some quote of mine you claim I said.

Your turn.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  It Is ME @1    4 years ago
BUT TRUMP

That is EXACTLY what this "outrage" is.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.2.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2    4 years ago
That is EXACTLY what this "outrage" is.  

Haven't seen anything that changes my mind on that either !

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2    4 years ago

not outrage.

faux Poutrage!

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  It Is ME @1    4 years ago
Plus 1714 Other Criminals"

how many thousands of criminals have blue states and cities let out of jail because... "virus?    

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.3    4 years ago

Here's why 8 ball:

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.3    4 years ago

Exactly! https://www.instagram.com/p/CCjRB3BFmuH/?igshid=1g74p76693vi3

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.3.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.3    4 years ago

the truth is off topic... LOL

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.3.5  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.3    4 years ago

California is on a roll with that right now.  jrSmiley_103_smiley_image.jpg

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3.6  Ozzwald  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.3.4    4 years ago

How many of those commutations were of personal benefit to him?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.3.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ozzwald @1.3.6    4 years ago
How many of those commutations were of personal benefit to him?

They can't list a single case where a former President pardoned or commuted a convicted felon specifically because that felon refused to rat on the President or whose felonies were directly tied to protecting the President by lying to investigators. They can't do it because it has never happened before in the history of our nation. But that doesn't matter to Trump sycophants who don't care about the law or the constitution, they're all too busy cheering on the corruption because it angers those with any integrity or spine of which the new conservative Republican party under Trump is completely lacking.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @1    4 years ago

This isn't about President Obama, it's about Stone and tRumps' quid pro quo

Can you imagine the loads of dirt Stone has on the turd tRump?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.4.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @1.4    4 years ago
Can you imagine the loads of dirt Stone has on the turd tRump?

Stone was part of Mueller's Russia Probe.

Mueller must Suck as a Lawyer, since Mueller said..... No "American" was involved with conspiring with Russia (Which Includes President Trump), if Stone has all this info you say he does ! jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2  Tessylo    4 years ago

But but Obama

But but Clinton

It's not about Obama or Clinton, it's about tRump the traitor.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @2    4 years ago

What's good for the Goose, is ALWAYS Good for the Gander ! jrSmiley_41_smiley_image.gif

But ...... the Gander is a Traitor ...... for doing what the "God Like Goose" Did....right ? jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    4 years ago

It's not about Obama

It's not about Clinton

It's about tRump the traitor

He believes he is ABOVE THE LAW.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.1  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @3    4 years ago
He believes he is ABOVE THE LAW.  

Which Law ?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @3    4 years ago

Is granting clemency by the POTUS illegal?  No?  Then what are you crying about?

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.2.1  PJ  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2    4 years ago

I'm not crying.  I'm truly excited about watching what all the dems are going to be able to do when they get in office.  This president and the republican leadership have stomped over the constitution, refusing to honor subpoena after subpoena, inserting crooked AG's who refuse to prosecute crimes and traitors to this country, who steal children away from parents, who break campaign laws, who conspire with foreign hostiles against America and who remain silent when those foreign actors place bounties on our service men and women. 

This is a stellar group of leaders you've chosen to prop up and worship.  Just remember.......

It may be a couple more months or another 4 years of waiting but they will eventually get there and when they do the Dems are going to have a field day doing EXACTLY what trump and the republican leadership have done and there's not a damn thing anyone will be able to do about it because the precedence has been set.

Buckle up - it's going to be one hell of a ride when this shit show is turned back on them.

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.2  bugsy  replied to  PJ @3.2.1    4 years ago
stomped over the constitution

How so? Be specific how this has been done and how it is against the Constitution. Keep in mind...feelings don't count.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.2.3  Sparty On  replied to  bugsy @3.2.2    4 years ago

As opposed to the Obama admin shuffle.    Plead the fifth, throw an underling under the bus, etc, etc ..... go scott free.    

Yep, that’s how they did it. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.2.4  PJ  replied to  bugsy @3.2.2    4 years ago

No, I refuse to debate you bugsy because I kinda like you and it would end up with us fighting.  Then you'd be mad at me for besting you and I'd be mad at you for being mad at me which would only make you even more mad at me and then we wouldn't talk until you forgot that I bested you here.  It's exhausting being me and trying to navigate the fields of fickle friendship...... jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.5  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  PJ @3.2.1    4 years ago
This president and the republican leadership have stomped over the constitution

Please, list every time they have "stomped over the constitution" and provide your proof of that.  

(this should be interesting)

the Dems are going to have a field day doing EXACTLY what trump and the republican leadership have done

The Democrats have been promising what Trump has done for decades.  Now they're upset that Trump actually did it and made them look bad.  But you keep up with the "Trump Bad" tantrums.

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.2.7  PJ  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2.5    4 years ago

refusing to respond to subpoenas when it clearly states that Congress has oversight.  Go look up how many times they did this and look up how many times a Democratic Administration did it.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  These are the new rules this administration and this republican leadership has established for our politics. 

In the end, it's all good though because when the Dems are in charge (whenever that is) I hope and pray they follow the exact playbook that the republican leadership and this administration has created.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago

But, but Obama . . . 

This has nothing to do with President Obama

PJ
Masters Quiet
3.2.11  PJ  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.9    4 years ago

That's all they have left and even that's a lie.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.12  Tessylo  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.2    4 years ago

I'm not crying.

Your 'president' is the whiny little bitch.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @3.2.6    4 years ago

What exactly has tRump accomplished?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.14  Tessylo  replied to    4 years ago
Neither did governing, leadership or integrity. What a worthless turd that fucker was, but some morons voted for him so his actions set precedents for other presidents. Thank goodness trump hasn’t  followed his lead kissing Putin’s ass.

The projection is strong . . . . 

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.2.15  bugsy  replied to  PJ @3.2.4    4 years ago
No, I refuse to debate you bugsy because I kinda like you and it would end up with us fighting

You have said this to me several times before, and also said it to other posters. If you can't debate an issue, just say so.

The only ones I end up "fighting " with are the libs that go straight to insults. There are many on here that do that.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.2.16  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.12    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2.17  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  bugsy @3.2.2    4 years ago

[deleted]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.18  XXJefferson51  replied to    4 years ago

Or Winnie the Pooh Zi ‘s!  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
3.2.19  seeder  It Is ME  replied to  PJ @3.2.1    4 years ago
I'm truly excited about watching what all the dems are going to be able to do when they get in office.

ya mean....their Usual like they always do ? jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

That's not much of a surprise party for sure ! Everyone already knows ! jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.20  Texan1211  replied to  PJ @3.2.1    4 years ago

"doing exactly what Trump and the Republican leadership have done"

so you aren't really upset with what's being done, you're just upset Democrats aren't the ones doing it. 

Figures.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    4 years ago

You can agree or disagree with any executive granting clemency, but if you claim it's unlawful, you're either ignorant or a liar.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

In Stone's case it is not only who you know but who you blow.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  Tessylo    4 years ago

107802332_284413502671647_7251467170236830432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=o3oO4p9NzhcAX9hgP40&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=9dc98ef56cabeb60255bc12e641d8894&oe=5F3059F7

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1  Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo @7    4 years ago

Did you know and I'm speaking to everyone on the seed here, that those are the 'proud boys' who Stone hired for protection?

That's the white power/white supremacist symbol of the times!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @7.1    4 years ago

Lately, to the liberal left you can scratch you eyebrow and they will take it as a sign/symbol of white power/white supremacy just as long as it fits their particular agenda!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @7.1.1    4 years ago

I know its crazy tinfoil hat stuff.

As a diver, that sign has always, and will always, mean okay.   Underwater it can be a question and an answer.

It is used extensively and that's not changing any day soon no matter how hard the progressive kooks on the left whine about it.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @7.1    4 years ago

That symbol has been around a lot longer than the "proud bozos" who coopted it for their own twisted use. As such, I will continue to use in the manner it has been around for since long before those losers have used it. If some lib does not like it, too bad.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @7.1.3    4 years ago

I hope you are 👌 Doc.

I am 👌 as well thanks.

bugsy
Professor Participates
8  bugsy    4 years ago

I did research on what Democrats have accomplished for all Americans, but specifically minorities, in the past 50 years. Here is what I found...

754. Pander for their votes then refer back to 1-753.