Joe Biden selects Kamala Harris as his running mate

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  4 years ago  •  360 comments

By:   Deepa Shivaram (NBC News)

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Breaking News

Joe Biden has chosen Kamala Harris, the prominent senator from California whose political career has included many barrier-breaking moments, as his running mate, his campaign announced on Tuesday.

The decision comes more than a year after Harris, who was also a 2020 Democratic candidate, clashed with Biden over racial issues during the first primary debate. If elected, she would be the nation's first female, first Black and first Asian American vice president.

Picking Harris, who is 55, provides the ticket with some generational diversity. Biden, 77, would be the oldest president-elect in U.S. history.

The announcement from Biden caps weeks of speculation and is Biden's biggest decision to date as the presumptive Democratic nominee — a detail Biden himself noted in his announcement.

"You make a lot of important decisions as president. But the first one is who you select to be your Vice President. I've decided that Kamala Harris is the best person to help me take this fight to Donald Trump and Mike Pence and then to lead this nation starting in January 2021," Biden wrote in an email from his campaign to supporters.

Harris, the only Black woman in the U.S. Senate, was elected in 2016 after serving as California's attorney general and, before that, San Francisco district attorney. A native of Oakland, California, and the child of Jamaican and Indian immigrants, Harris has said she was inspired to attend law school after joining civil rights protests with her parents.

"She's been a fighter and a principled leader and I know because I've seen her up close and I've seen her in the trenches," Biden said of Harris at a virtual fundraiser in June.

Let our news meet your inbox. The news and stories that matters, delivered weekday mornings. Sign Up

As attorney general, Harris worked closely with Biden's late son, Beau Biden, when he was Delaware's attorney general, particularly in challenging big banks in the wake of the housing crisis. In her book, "The Truths We Hold: An American Journey," Harris says the pair "talked every day, sometimes multiple times a day."

n_reidout_kamala_200728_1920x1080.focal-760x428.jpg

Kamala Harris: AG Barr has 'been an aider, abettor to the most corrupt president we've ever had'

July 28, 202004:19

Because of their friendship, Harris' attack on Biden during the first Democratic primary debate— for his record on busing and working with segregationists— came as a shock to the Biden campaign, his family and the candidate himself.

"I was prepared for them to come after me, but I wasn't prepared for the person coming at me the way she came at me. She knew Beau, she knows me," Biden said in an interview later that summer. He said Harris had "mischaracterized" his position.

The surprise and backlash of that debate moment in Miami was still top of mind for Biden's wife, Jill, as recently as March. Jill Biden said in a virtual fundraiser, "Our son Beau spoke so highly of her and, you know, and how great she was. And not that she isn't. I'm not saying that. But it was just like a punch to the gut. It was a little unexpected."

Both Biden and Harris allies have acknowledged that, in the months after she left the race, Harris has given her full support to the Biden campaign. She has often campaigned virtually for Biden, holding joint fundraisers with the candidate and roundtables around issues like the racial disparities in coronavirus cases and protecting the Affordable Care Act. In a June virtual fundraiser, she raised $3.5 million for the campaign.

Harris was praised for her pointed questioning of Attorney General Bill Barr and Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh during their respective confirmation hearings, highlighting her record as a prosecutor.

But her record as a prosecutor, especially on issues like marijuana convictions and truancy, has also been a source of criticism, especially from younger, more progressive voters.

Harris has faced pushback in recent weeks from some Biden allies who said the former presidential candidate is too ambitious— criticism that many were quick to point out was sexist.

"Our campaign is full of ambitious women going all out for Joe Biden," Biden's campaign manager Jen O'Malley Dillon said in a tweet. "Whoever he chooses from the very qualified options to help him win & unite the country, she'll be one too."

Harris responded during a virtual conference with Black Girls Rock earlier this month.

"There will be resistance to your ambition," she said. "There will be people who say to you, you are out of your lane. But don't let that burden you."

Harris ended her presidential bid in December, dogged by fundraising problems and reports of power struggles in the top leadership of her campaign.

Throughout the pandemic, Harris has been living in her Washington apartment with her husband, Douglass Emhoff, an entertainment lawyer. She attended Howard University for her undergraduate degree and was a Capitol Hill intern in the very same office she occupies today.

Deepa Shivaram

Deepa Shivaram is a 2020 campaign embed for NBC News.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

Biden's choice of Harris is both popular and historic!

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

We just dumped Trump 2020!

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1    4 years ago

Harris energizes voters. Pence anesthetizes them.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @1.1.1    4 years ago
harris energizes voters.

HaHa... She was the biggest flameout of the primaries.  She energized voters to flee her  campaign so fast she had to drop out two months before the first vote was cast.  From top tier to broke with no support and and out of the race in record time.

Her appeal lasted until she opened her mouth.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.2    4 years ago

Except she dropped out Dec 3, which hardly makes her among the first. Try again.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.3    4 years ago

I have no idea how you think that’s a defense of her. 

her campaign was so Terrible she couldn’t even make the first primary, despite being touted as a “top tier” candidate.

your view of her doesn’t seem tied to reality. She has zero legislative accomplishments, ran a horrible campaign for president, and supports every extreme position put forth by the extreme left of the party. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.4    4 years ago

Sean,

No matter what I said to you, I knew I would get the usual smarmy answer back, so I am not going to engage with you. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.7  MrFrost  replied to  dennis smith @1.1.6    4 years ago

Right? I mean, the right wing ALWAYS spelled Obama's name right, didn't they? But the left does it to trumptard and the right cries about it. Sad. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  dennis smith @1.1.6    4 years ago

tRump is the proper spelling.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Ender  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.7    4 years ago

Amazing isn't it. I can't count how many times I read 'Obummer' or some other such iteration.

Now all the sudden it is horrible if it happens to donald...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.7    4 years ago

tRumpturd

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.11  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  dennis smith @1.1.6    4 years ago

well that's better than calling her "heels up harris" I guess.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.11    4 years ago

Now that's not nice, Mark. It takes two to tango.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.13  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.12    4 years ago

hehehehehehe

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.14  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.12    4 years ago

well IF biden wins , my prediction of a series of one term presidents becomes reality , AND IF Biden doesn't make it through his first term making his VP president , another prediction  I made becomes reality , and his pick is someone that doubtfully would win if she was at the top of the ticket.

when it comes to politicians? no one HAS to be nice , if they or anyone demands niceness , that person shouldn't be a politician.

I patiently wait to see if my predictions become reality.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.1.14    4 years ago

You may be right about a slew of 1 term politicians. I don't think you are right about her being at the top of the ticket though. 

when it comes to politicians? no one HAS to be nice , if they or anyone demands niceness , that person shouldn't be a politician.

I just don't like double standards used on women. If a man gets around he's the dude. If a woman???

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.1.16  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.15    4 years ago
I don't think you are right about her being at the top of the ticket though. 

we shall see I guess , she didn't exactly do well during the primaries . which is what I based my comment on.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  dennis smith @1.1.18    4 years ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Trout Giggles  replied to  dennis smith @1.1.17    4 years ago

No, but you are familiar with those that did and not one word of condemnation from you.

Which is why I don't give a shit if someone calls trmp "trumptard"

Eat The Press Do Not Read It
Professor Guide
1.1.21  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1    4 years ago

Trump is chocking. DO NOT RESUSCITATE!

Professor Guide
1.1.22  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1    4 years ago

Trump is chocking. DO NOT RESUSCITATE!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDw0Unpnwn_/?igshid=120lhbr0qdj55

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2    4 years ago

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

Glad to see that he made a wise choice. For me, it was a toss up between Harris and Rice. Rice has the knowledge and expertise from her days spent working with the world leaders around the globe before as a political diplomat, and Secretary of State and National Security advisor. She would have been a good resource to have in our corner.

However, Harris is also a good choice. While her level of expertise many not be on the level as Rice, she is also well learned in the areas that her job will require.  

I think Biden had good advice from his advisors and made the choice that he felt would be someone who he could perhaps communicate better with during their leadership.

IMHO, he made the right choice. And at the right time. His timing was great. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.4  cjcold  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

I was hoping that Kamala would be his choice. She'll make a great president one day.

Professor Guide
1.6  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

I have been in her corner since the Senate Hearings. She is excellent, and, God forbid, if need be, would make a GREAT PRESIDENT.

Professor Guide
1.7  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  JBB @1    4 years ago

I have been in her corner since the Senate Hearings. She is excellent, and, God forbid, if need be, would make a GREAT PRESIDENT.

GregTx
PhD Guide
3  GregTx    4 years ago

This will wind up being the Democrat equivalent of McCain/Palin.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  GregTx @3    4 years ago

Bad comparison. Palin was a moron. Harris is not.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1    4 years ago
Palin was a moron.

As is Biden.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    4 years ago

And Trump

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.2    4 years ago

Nope, Donald Trump has a record as President to be proud of.

GregTx
PhD Guide
3.1.4  GregTx  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1    4 years ago

I don't think so. The concern from the other side, then as now, seems to be that the presidential candidate might be too old and unable to fulfill the term thus raising the real possibility that the VP would become Prez. I wouldn't argue about your assessment of either but that doesn't change the fact that this VP pick is going to be scrutinized more so than others.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    4 years ago

Sure Vic... 

He lies all the time, can't speak English properly, says he knows things he knows nothing about, is verbose, didn't build the wall on Mexicos dime, is divisive, name calls like a child, and mishandled the worst health crisis in 100 years. But you think he's doing fine. Btw.. that last one was my breaking point. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  GregTx @3.1.4    4 years ago

He is just a little bit older than the current Pres and for that reason, both VP's should be looked at in the same way. So I guess I agree on this point:

the real possibility that the VP would become Prez. I wouldn't argue about your assessment of either but that doesn't change the fact that this VP pick is going to be scrutinized more so than others.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.8  Greg Jones  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1    4 years ago

No, Palin was not a moron, or she would not have risen as high as she did

Palin projected common sense wisdom and positive energy, Harris comes across as dull, cold, and angry. 

Palin was elected to the Wasilla city council in 1992 and became mayor of Wasilla in 1996. In 2003, after an unsuccessful run for lieutenant governor , she was appointed chair of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission , responsible for overseeing the state's oil and gas fields for safety and efficiency. In 2006, she became the youngest person and the first woman to be elected Governor of Alaska . [1]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.9  Greg Jones  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.5    4 years ago
mishandled the worst health crisis in 100 years.

How so....specifically? Give us more than generalities

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.5    4 years ago
Btw.. that last one was my breaking point. 

It's also your opinion and a liberal talking point. I guess doing what Dr Fauci said was the big mistake.

Here are the accomplishments:

He got 200 Judges appointed - real judges, not liberal legislators.
He rewrote a horrific trade deal - NAFTA became the USMCA
He rebuilt the military
He created 4 Million jobs, before China destroyed it all
He built his wall, despite all the resistance
Median household income rose to $61,372 in 2017, a post-recession high.
Some 3.9 million Americans off food stamps since the election.
Biggest tax cuts and reforms in American history by signing the Tax Cuts and Jobs act into law
America became an oil producer under Trump

I could go on but you get the idea.

He did what I wanted, despite how he "talks!"

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.8    4 years ago
Palin projected common sense wisdom and positive energy, Harris comes across as dull, cold, and angry. 

Are you kidding Greg. What Palin had going for her was that she was a pretty woman. But then she started to talk and OMG.... what tripe. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.13  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.9    4 years ago

Oh here is a specific. He is still insisting that the virus is just going to go away, and yet we are dying at a rate of 1000 a day and with that rate, he wants schools open. SMH. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.14  XXJefferson51  replied to    4 years ago

Kamala is a real sleeper... all they to the top! 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.15  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.1    4 years ago

As is Biden.

Trump yesterday said that the 1917 flu pandemic ended the 2nd world war. I'll skip the ~1000 other retarded things trump has said over the last 4 years. Trump has the IQ of a turnip. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.11    4 years ago

Your opinion, not mine. And he is now legislating with the pen. 

Granted. But Clinton did that, too. 

Wrong. He built the wall on our dime. The promise was that Mexico was going to build the wall. 

That he did.

That he did. So did Clinton.

Biggest tax cuts and reforms in American history by signing the Tax Cuts and Jobs act into law

That depends where. Not in NY.

America became an oil producer under Trump

We were before then. We just now have a glut. 

He did what I wanted, despite how he"talks!"

So you are good with 1000 dying a day, not standing up and trying to quell the protesters like Presidents have done in the past, Gaffing all the time (which apparently only applies to Biden).. his latest being Yo-Semite, and a whole slew of Republicans who have come out against him for so many improprieties of the office. 

Look Vic, I get it. You like him. I don't. If I wasn't sure the last election (and I hated the both of them) I am sure this time around.

Professor Guide
3.1.17  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.14    4 years ago

[Deleted]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.18  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.11    4 years ago

fact  - followed by partisan opinion

He rewrote a horrific trade deal - NAFTA became the USMCA

Nonsense, he renamed it with minor adjustments, some laughable.

He rebuilt the military

BS. More opinion although we threw record numbers of dollars at them.

Fact _ followed by an opinionated excuse for today's numbers.

He built his wall,

Wow, talk about credibility.  Approximately 1000 miles with no walls and no plans, while he raids the US military construction budgets to replace current fences with bollard walls.

despite all the resistance, Median household income rose to $61,372 in 2017, a post-recession high.

opinion, fact, but why, and how long will it last in this COVID economy.

You are out of date, the most recent SNAP data shows that participation just increased by 5.9 million, wiping out the 3.9 million decrease.

Biggest tax cuts and reforms in American history by signing the Tax Cuts and Jobs act into law America

With debatable results and trillions added to that nasty national debt that no one seems to care about anymore.

became an oil producer under Trump

Partisan fantasy?  Under POTUS Obama the USA stopped decades of sliding oil production and set records for increases seven years in a row on our way to virtual oil independence as production rose and imports faded away.

Trump continued the trend and he can say that as predicted in 2012, we have now out produced Russia in Crude oil.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.19  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.16    4 years ago
And he is now legislating with the pen. 

Yup, the unemployed need money! He has his pen & phone too!

Granted. But Clinton did that, too. 

Good for Bill!

Wrong.

RIGHT!

He built the wall on our dime.

Yep

The promise was that Mexico was going to build the wall. 

The hyperbole was that Mexico was going to build the wall! 

That he did.

Thank you.

That he did. 

Thank you again.

That depends where. Not in NY.

I don't want to pay for wealthy New York residents. 

We were before then.

No we were not. We were an importer and everytime we got the economy going the Arabs raised the price of oil.

So you are good with 1000 dying a day

No I'm not, but if you know how to stop it call Dr Fauci right away

not standing up and trying to quell the protesters like Presidents have done in the past

The Governor's said we don't want it remember?  

Gaffing all the time (which apparently only applies to Biden).

Talking from gut instinct - and btw he's usually right!

his latest being Yo-Semite

Oh man, I can't vote for him over that!/s

and a whole slew of Republicans who have come out against him for so many improprieties of the office. 

If they had any guts Cruz or Rubio would have been president. No guts, No glory!

Look Vic, I get it. You like him.

I like you too!

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.20  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    4 years ago

Then why is he whining about mail in ballots instead of running on that record?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.21  Sunshine  replied to    4 years ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.22  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.11    4 years ago

You mean conservative activist judges. 

He rebuilt the military

It didn't need more money and as you may recall, Obama funded the military very well, i'll let you go look that one up. I think you are also forgetting that trump also diverted money for the military and vets to his stupid wall after congress told him to go pound sand. As usual, trump said that Obama destroyed the military, which was a flat out lie, and his followers just gobble it up. 

He created 4 Million jobs, before China destroyed it al

How did China destroy jobs in the USA? Was it some legislation? Or do you mean the Trump Virus that trump spent 2 months ignoring and lying about instead of actually doing something to stop the virus? And for the record, we are down 23 million jobs. Trump owns that.

384 384 384

3 miles of new wall. That's it Vic. Less now since 2 weeks ago and a strong breeze knocked down half a mile of it.

Not anymore. 

Wrong. Obama added 15 million jobs in 8 years, by your own admission, trump is at far less than half of that amount. Also, there were no middle class tax cuts. ANY tax cut they may have seen was consumed  by trumps trade wars. But since ya went there? What happened to the 10% tax cut for the middle class trump promised just weeks before the 2018 mid terms? Weird how they suddenly vanished like a fucking fart in the wind after the election was over. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.23  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.22    4 years ago
trump is at far less than half of that amount.

The number of 4 Million was from 2017

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.24  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @3.1.20    4 years ago

Are we really going to put this country through not knowing who won on election night with uncounted ballots everywhere? 

Joe Biden has 600 lawyers ready to contest that kind of election.  That must be the objective - steal the election via chaos! 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.25  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.23    4 years ago

Ah, so then those added jobs are now gone, thanks for pointing that out. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.26  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.24    4 years ago

You have your tRump talking points down pat. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.27  MrFrost  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.12    4 years ago
What Palin had going for her was that she was a pretty woman. But then she started to talk and OMG.... what tripe.

True.. And usually bat shit crazy gives me a boner but as soon as she started talking.... "naw, i'll pass". 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.28  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.19    4 years ago
That depends where. Not in NY.I don't want to pay for wealthy New York residents. 

Not true. He is killing our working class with those tax changes.

So you are good with 1000 dying a day

No I'm not, but if you know how to stop it call Dr Fauci right away

Don't blame this on Dr. Fauci. Leadership comes from the top. Trump should have gotten on TV and spoken directly to the American public about wearing masks. He should have given the gov the PPE they needed. And now that the govs are up to their necks in paying for this, instead of using the gov supplies, he also wants them to make up the difference on the PPP money. 

not standing up and trying to quell the protesters like Presidents have done in the past

The Governor's said we don't want it remember?  

They never said, nor would they have the right to prevent him from getting on the TV and talking about our current situation in a calming way. Instead, he marched through a group of protesters and held a bible. 

Gaffing all the time (which apparently only applies to Biden).

Talking from gut instinct - and btw he's usually right!

Funny how talking from the gut is OK for him, but not for Biden. 

his latest being Yo-Semite

Oh man, I can't vote for him over that!/

If only that was the only idiotic thing he said. 

Look Vic, I get it. You like him.

I like you too!

A puzzlement. Not sure how I should respond.... other than to say I like you too. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.29  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.24    4 years ago
Are we really going to put this country through not knowing who won on election night with uncounted ballots everywhere? 

Um, if you vote by mail, you vote before election day and it has to be post marked the day of the election. I have been voting by mail for 30 years, trump is just full of shit. 

Trump just doesn't want a high voter turnout like there was in the mid-terms because he knows he will lose, and lose huge. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.30  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.22    4 years ago
3 miles of new wall.

You better check with SP, he has it at 1,000 miles. Not bad considering Pelosi shook her ugly fist saying not one dime for a wall.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.31  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    4 years ago
"Nope, Donald Trump has a record as President to be proud of."

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.32  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.31    4 years ago

At least your friends tried to contest it. All they could come up with was China wiped most of it out!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.33  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.19    4 years ago
call Dr Fauci right away

So Fauci makes one mistake and he gets all the blame, but trump says to inject bleach and shove light bulbs up your ass and you don't say a word? Wow, ok. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.34  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.33    4 years ago
So Fauci makes one mistake and he gets all the blame

Which one - saying masks were of no value or shutting down the economy for 2 + months?

but trump says to inject bleach and shove light bulbs up your ass and you don't say a word? 

Were you tempted to do either?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.35  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.33    4 years ago

105384841_10223668012795164_1714201398539472762_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=M5ehZyAnA48AX_h93fP&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=1d888719e0768fcf88926539edfc85ff&oe=5F577AC5

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.36  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.33    4 years ago
but trump says to inject bleach and shove light bulbs up your ass and you don't say a word?

Since Trump didn't say that, why in hell would anyone sane respond to what WASN'T SAID?

That is ludicrous!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.37  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.28    4 years ago
Don't blame this on Dr. Fauci.

Why not?

Leadership comes from the top. Trump should have gotten on TV and spoken directly to the American public about wearing masks.

First of all democrats were screaming that he should listen to the experts. Second of all, did you hear why Fauci lied about the masks? At the time we didn't have many, nor did we have much else, including a warning from China!!!

They never said, nor would they have the right to prevent him from getting on the TV and talking about our current situation in a calming way. Instead, he marched through a group of protesters and held a bible. 

In a calming way? Oh, you must think the riots have something to do with the Flynn killing way back in May! The President standing before the burned & desacrated church was the President's way of making a statement.

Funny how talking from the gut is OK for him, but not for Biden. 

I wouldn't mind Biden talking from the gut. He doesn't have any ideas of his own. His only reason for running is to defeat Trump. As I say, should Biden win he will be asked to step down and he will gladly do so.

If only that was the only idiotic thing he said. 

If that means that much for you vote for Joe Biden, or should I say Kamala Harris?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.38  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.11    4 years ago
I could go on but you get the idea.

Oh no, please do. 

Do you understand that Americans are now banned in 160 countries? Ironic that trump started his term by wanting to ban countries from coming to the USA, only to be banned by Europe, Mexico and Canada...to name a few. Hell, here is my pinned tweet on Twitter, seems a few people agree...yes?

Pinned Tweet
V4LiMbde_bigger.jpg
Mr Frost
·
Jul 5
Under Kennedy we went to the moon, under trump we can't even go to Europe.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.39  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.38    4 years ago
Do you understand that Americans are now banned in 160 countries? Ironic that trump started his term by wanting to ban countries from coming to the USA, only to be banned by Europe, Mexico and Canada...to name a few.

Oh ya, progressives must be elated about that. I'm for the two way ban. We don't need Americans going over there for a nice long while.

Are you using the same name on Twitter?  So am I.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.40  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.39    4 years ago
Oh ya, progressives must be elated about that. I'm for the two way ban. We don't need Americans going over there for a nice long while.

Going over where? Canada? Europe? Not for nothing Vic, but I like to travel. Trump has turned the USA into a leper colony. 

Yes, that is my screen name, but I am not the only Mr Frost on Twitter. That's why I deleted by address for posting here. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.41  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.40    4 years ago
Trump has turned the USA into a leper colony. 

It's the Coronavirus, not the current occupant of the WH. It would have been the same for whoever was taking the advice of Dr Fauci.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.42  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.8    4 years ago
No, Palin was not a moron

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.43  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.41    4 years ago
It would have been the same for whoever was taking the advice of Dr Fauci.

So taking the advice of an expert in the field is bad, but taking the advice of a washed up reality TV star is good? I love your sense of humor.

It's the Coronavirus, not the current occupant of the WH.

Both are equally horrible. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.44  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.43    4 years ago
So taking the advice of an expert in the field is bad

We took his advice and the buck stops there.

Both are equally horrible.

Then go vote for Kamala Harris.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.1.45  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.44    4 years ago

I plan to.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.46  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.15    4 years ago

Trump Says Hong Kong Issue Is 'Tough' Because City Is 'Attached To China'

It's time for a geography lesson with President Trump.

During an interview with Fox Sports on Tuesday, the president was asked about the situation in Hong Kong, where in recent months China has cracked down with a new national security law that threatens the city's autonomy, and where Hong Kong authorities      arrested       media tycoon Jimmy Lai earlier this week. Trump      didn't exactly echo       his national security adviser, Robert O'Brien, who previously      said       the U.S. is "deeply troubled" by Lai's arrest. He instead complained Hong Kong had made "a lot of money" the U.S. could have made because of "tremendous incentives."

But he did briefly wade into the political situation, simply to say that it's "a little bit tough from certain standpoints" because, when looking at a map, Hong Kong is "attached to" mainland China. And, well, there's no arguing with that.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.1.47  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.30    4 years ago

perhaps you should re -read what I typed and linked...

Approximately 1000 miles with no walls and no plans, while he raids the US military construction budgets to replace current fences with bollard walls.

Nice to know you don't read the responses.

The mapping shows that despite years of construction and more than $2 billion, much of the border is not fenced.

Where fencing exists, it's full of gaps.

About 650 miles of the 2,000 mile border are fenced, leaving 1,350 miles open . Of that 650 miles, about half is designed to stop vehicles, not people. The 300-plus miles of vehicle barriers, X-shaped crossbars or short steel posts, block cars. These fences often sit in harsh deserts that make crossing deadly on its own. But anybody on foot can cross over, under or through. 

This means only about 350 miles of the 2,000-mile border currently has fencing meant to stop people.

(dated 2019)

The Administration claims it will have 450 miles of new wall completed by the end of 2020.

That's not true, but I can give them benefit of the doubt and round it down to 1,000 miles with no fences, no walls and no plans or funding..

but now I am repeating myself.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.48  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.24    4 years ago

Have you somehow forgotten 2000 Vic? 

For a goodly part of our history, the electorate had to wait for PAPER ballots to be counted BY HAND. We survived. 

Joe Biden has 600 lawyers ready to contest that kind of election. 

I sincerely hope that Biden has all the lawyers he needs to contest the bullshit that Trump is going to throw after he looses. 

That must be the objective - steal the election via chaos! 

Bullshit. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.49  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to    4 years ago

I am so sick of hearing about what Cuomo did. First of all, we were the first to get hit, so both in what we knew about the disease and how to treat it was just being learned.  Second, we are nowhere near the top of the list of number of dead in nursing homes. 

Those kill boxes as you put it, were supposed to only let back in their ill if they could handle it and they all said they could. Cuomo didn't force them. 

Trump is responsible because he was in denial during the very beginning. There is no denying this. 

He is still saying that it's going to go away. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.50  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.11    4 years ago
He did what I wanted, despite how he"talks!"

Which for me is a plenty good reason NOT to re-elect him. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.51  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.16    4 years ago
That he did.

Under Obama's 2017 budget. 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1.52  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.44    4 years ago
So taking the advice of an expert in the field is bad
We took his advice and the buck stops there.

So now donald has absolutely no responsibility? Hate to break it to you but the buck stops with the president, not some advisor...

Unreal the steps some are willing to take in order to cover for him.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.54  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.23    4 years ago
The number of 4 Million was from 2017

Again, under Obama's budget. jrSmiley_84_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.55  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.49    4 years ago
Second, we are nowhere near the top of the list of number of dead in nursing homes. 

Of course you are.  At least 6,600 people died in nursing homes, more deaths than in almost every state in total. 

The thing is we  can't even say exactly  how many people in nursing homes were killed because New York, unlike every other state, refuses to count nursing home patients who died in hospitals after being infected in nursing homes.  Think of that. Even with a coverup, more people died in New York nursing homes than the entire state of Michigan. 

Now. the butcher is refusing an investigation into what happened. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.58  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @3.1.33    4 years ago
trump says to inject bleach and shove light bulbs up your ass and you don't say a word?

That might be what CNN told you he said, but he never did.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.1.59  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.44    4 years ago

The "buck" always stops with the sitting president. All presidents understand this, up until Dumbo trump took up residence in the People's White House.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.60  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to    4 years ago
Cuomo. “Only 5% percent of our deaths were senior! 
that’s because you killed more younger people than anybody Governor.
That’s the defense you are using?

No I am using the defense that we were the first in the nation to be hit and hit hard (other than NJ) and for the same reason, we are international hubs and were told that the virus was coming in from China and not Europe... remember? Also, we were the ones trying to figure out what worked and didn't work treatment wise. You can thank our suffering for the current treatments. 

Professor Guide
3.1.61  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.14    4 years ago

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.62  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.55    4 years ago

Sean,

We lost 32,370 people to Covid, which means that nursing homes got 20%. Guess who beat us out:

Cases and deaths in long-term care facilities, by state

FACILITIES  CASES  DEATHS  SHARE OF COVID‑19 DEATHS ▼
United States 16,000 362,000 62,000 41%
New Hampshire 27 2,113 335 82%
Rhode Island 67 2,870 790 78%
Minnesota 892 5,777 1,207 74%
Connecticut 287 10,311 3,262 74%
Pennsylvania 835 23,093 4,857 67%
Maine 22 649 78 64%
Massachusetts 702 24,059 5,472 64%
Kentucky 233 3,532 465 62%
North Dakota 77 580 65 61%
Maryland 300 13,774 2,066 59%
Delaware 35 1,625 334 57%
Virginia 310 7,896 1,205 56%
Vermont 6 172 32 56%
Indiana 459 9,396 1,630 55%
Ohio 810 13,102 1,868 54%
Colorado 187 6,205 970 53%
Iowa 74 2,549 455 53%
Illinois 665 24,106 4,062 53%
Kansas 100 1,226 185 52%
Washington 389 5,075 830 51%
North Carolina 234 7,766 920 48%
Oregon 75 1,232 150 47%
Idaho 92 849 80 45%
Oklahoma 210 2,135 238 44%
Georgia 594 14,147 1,582 44%
New Jersey 558 37,476 6,822 43%
California 1,235 37,014 3,846 43%
Mississippi 231 4,415 688 43%
Utah 297 1,692 126 42%
Louisiana 400 11,043 1,540 39%
West Virginia 45 431 43 37%
Florida 1,558 22,673 2,445 37%
New Mexico 84 1,121 223 35%
South Carolina 277 4,398 586 35%
Michigan 328 11,657 2,085 32%
Texas 1,417 17,957 2,149 31%
South Dakota 58 384 38 29%
District of Columbia 18 1,017 171 29%
Arkansas 166 1,518 125 28%
Nebraska 119 832 92 28%
Tennessee 156 2,263 244 24%
Wyoming 4 54 6 23%
Arizona 430 5,144 797
New York 521 7,005 6,583 20%

Opps.... I guess we should start an investigation on all those states too.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.65  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to    4 years ago
As always, standard precautions must be maintained, and environmental cleaning made a priority, during this public health emergency. 

That should be self-explanatory. There is a link you included but will not work from the Wayback Machine.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.66  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.62    4 years ago

first off, that's an invented, meaningless statistic.  How is it relevant that  so many people in New York died outside of nursing homes when the topic is what happened in nursing homes?   The  only relevant category when discussing the fate of nursing home patients is nursing home patients. 

second, and I assume you missed this, NY is refusing to release how many nursing home patients died in hospitals after contracting Covid. It's impossible to make an apples to apples comparison because New York, unlike other states won't release that number, keeping it's count artificially low (as crazy as calling 6,600 deaths artificially low is).  

So yeah an investigation as to why probably more than 10,000 nursing home residents died is in order. Based on the decrease in nursing home populations, estimates are the real number of nursing home deaths might be double the reported number.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.67  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.66    4 years ago

So your just guessing and the nursing homes are in cahoots with Cuomo. OK got it. (rolls eyes).

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.1.68  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1    4 years ago

So your saying in a round about way that McCain was the smart one and palin was the moron? well to some , bidens the moron and harris is the smart one....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.69  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @3.1.68    4 years ago

No, I was just saying that Palin was a moron. 

But your mileage may differ. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.70  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    4 years ago

Not in my opinion.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.71  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.39    4 years ago

I’m sure that we will now not lift our travel ban on them coming here that’s been in effect since March until the lift theirs on us traveling there. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.72  XXJefferson51  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.49    4 years ago

I think that we should be able to bash Cuomo and all blue city mayors and other blue state governors for their handling at least as much as they blame Trump for following Dr. Fauci’s advice.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.75  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.70    4 years ago

Because you don't like the policies. 

I give leaders credit for achievement even if I dislike the policies. For example, democrats had long tried to pass a national health care package, failing miserably under Bill Clinton. In 2009 Barak Obama finally had the opportunity - he had a democrat majority in the House and a democratic Super majority in the Senate. The main course at the time for Obama was supposed to be the recession/economic crisis, but Obama knew this might just be the only window democrats would have for who knows how long, so he rammed it through on a partisan vote in both houses.

Dems paid heavily for that in the midterms, but if you are a progressive that was a great achievement!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.76  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.71    4 years ago

I hope not. Let's shut down travel until this is over!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.78  Tessylo  replied to  pat wilson @3.1.59    4 years ago

The buck stops at tRump and goes right into his wallet.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.79  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1    4 years ago
Palin was a moron.

She certainly was...she didn't have near the level of education that Senator Harris has. Jesus! Palin barely had a BA in communications! Sen Harris has a juris doctorate

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.80  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.70    4 years ago
"Nope, Donald Trump has a record as President to be proud of."

"Not in my opinion."

I'd say that is 80% not in my opinion.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.81  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.79    4 years ago

Palin is also a quitter.  She quit as governor.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

(CNN) Presumptive Democratic nominee   Joe Biden 's campaign on Wednesday released a raft of policy recommendations crafted by allies of the former vice president and Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont, underscoring the party's unity less than four months from November's general election.

The   110-page document   is the product of weeks of negotiations between six- and eight-person "Unity Task Forces"   appointed by Biden and Sanders , the former vice president's longest-lasting rival in the Democratic presidential primary. The task forces drafted a joint approach to climate change, criminal justice, the economy, education, health care and immigration.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @4    4 years ago

That is not his platform. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1    4 years ago

Those recommendations are not going into the final draft?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.1    4 years ago

Recommendations are just that... recommended. Some might go in, others will not.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.2    4 years ago
Recommendations are just that.

I'm sure Bernie Sanders felt they were more than just recommendations. Shall we discuss it then?  Then will you tell me again, how moderate he is.

What of my little theory that the dems will have him step down if he does win?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.3    4 years ago
What of my little theory that the dems will have him step down if he does win?

I heard the same theories floated about Trump and yet here we are, so I don't think so.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.2    4 years ago
Some might go in, others will not.

Then it seems a little ridiculous for the Biden campaign to publish them, doesn't it? Either 1) They are going in, 2) Biden is trying to confuse people, or 3) Biden himself is confused.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.5    4 years ago
Then it seems a little ridiculous for the Biden campaign to publish them, doesn't it? Either 1) Theyaregoing in, 2) Biden is trying to confuse people, or 3) Biden himself is confused.

Or he is being transparent as to what is being discussed. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.1.4    4 years ago

Congrats.....You are the only one to actually respond and say you don't think so.

Let us hope we will never have to find out.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
5  Account Deleted    4 years ago

The Harris choice suggests Biden's approach if he is elected and gets a majority in the Senate.

I liked Obama but I felt he put himself at a disadvantage by offering olive branches to the Republicans. To me, the selection of Harris suggests that it will be a winner take all approach with the existing Republican Senate rules. It will be a busy, ineffectively  opposed,  time of legislation.

I kind of like that.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6  MrFrost    4 years ago

Well, this is awkward...

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    4 years ago

A good day for Trump. While VP candidates don't move many votes, Trump doesn't have to worry about a far left partisan (4th most liberal voting record in the Senate) with no accomplishments to her name who spent the summer getting domestic terrorists out of jail having much traction with non-crazy left wingers.  As her campaign voted, she's not really good at the campaigning thing. 

People who will vote for Biden will claim to love her, and her embrace of every far left position will give Trump & Co plenty of ammo to attack Biden with. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.1  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    4 years ago

Well trump sure seems to like her, Sean, I mean since he donated to her campaign twice. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  MrFrost @7.1    4 years ago

Probably because he thought she could be bought and didn't want her running one of her illegal investigations into his organization. Trump is always a pragmatist, and a small donation probably saved much more in legal fees.

After taking two minutes to see what happened...Sure enough, I see that Trump swore under oath in an ethics complaint against New York AG Schneiderman, that he made the donations to Harris at the behest of Schneiderman, who was investigating Trump U.. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.2  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    4 years ago

Since when do 'accomplishments' matter to conservatives? 

I'd love to see your long list of Mike Pence's 'accomplishments'. 

Ender
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Ender  replied to  Dulay @7.2    4 years ago

Amazing how some can go from screaming they have to have someone with no experience to shake things up to screaming it is stupidity to have someone with no experience...

Wheels go round in circles...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dulay @7.2    4 years ago

He doubled the HIV cases in Indiana. That's quite the accomplishment in this day and age

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.2.3  Dulay  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.2    4 years ago

Yes and to do so he had to ignore the state health dept. and the sacrifices were mostly by rural Hoosiers. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dulay @7.2.3    4 years ago
sacrifices were mostly by rural Hoosiers. 

I bet those were the ones that made him governor, correct?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
7.2.5  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.4    4 years ago

As a group, farmers are firmly with Trump/Pence.

Makes one worry about the food one eats...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Bob Nelson @7.2.5    4 years ago
Makes one worry about the food one eats...

Perhaps, if one is hysterical enough.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.3  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    4 years ago

How is that desperation sucking going? Must be getting tiring by now....

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8  TᵢG    4 years ago

This will certainly help Biden.   He could have done worse.   She is, of course, an historic candidate and will likely energize old Hillary supporters.   But, interestingly, she does not bring the typical demographic benefits since Biden (D) already has CA and already has the so-called 'black vote'.

From my perspective, she is the most appealing individual of the four to be PotUS strictly in terms of intelligence, competence and presence.  She would, if PotUS, likely cause the world to start thinking the USA electorate is not entirely mad.   If Biden-Harris wins, 2024 might just see her at the top of the ticket.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1  MrFrost  replied to  TᵢG @8    4 years ago
If Biden-Harris wins, 2024 might just see her at the top of the ticket.

I find this highly likely. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  MrFrost @8.1    4 years ago

Why?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  MrFrost @8.1    4 years ago

I have to agree with Tig, Mr. Frost. Biden might not want to run for a second term, and of course, then she would be the next in line naturally. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  MrFrost @8.1    4 years ago

Did you first write unlikely and then fix that?   Or am I reading things?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.3    4 years ago

I changed nothing. I was agreeing with you. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8.1.2    4 years ago
I have to agree with Tig, Mr. Frost.

I was agreeing with him as well. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.1.6  TᵢG  replied to  MrFrost @8.1.4    4 years ago

Okay, then I just read it wrong.   Sorry.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.7  MrFrost  replied to  TᵢG @8.1.6    4 years ago

Okay, then I just read it wrong.   Sorry.

All good, happens to us all. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.3  Tacos!  replied to  TᵢG @8    4 years ago
But, interestingly, she does not bring the typical demographic benefits since Biden (D) already has CA and already has the so-called 'black vote'.

Despite what we all have assumed over the years, vice president nominees don't appear to add votes from their home state.

Why VPs Matter Less Than You Think

According to our analysis of election and voter data over the course of a little more than the past century, a vice presidential candidate’s state of residence generally has no effect on how a presidential candidate performs in that state. The vice presidential home state advantage is, essentially, zero.

On the other hand presidential candidates do enjoy a home state boost of about 3 to 7 points.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.3.1  TᵢG  replied to  Tacos! @8.3    4 years ago
Despite what we all have assumed over the years, vice president nominees don't appear to add votes from their home state.

If true, that really does not matter here since CA is already in the bag for Biden.

In this election, when the top of the ticket on both sides is disappointing, a strong, competent running mate will make a difference.   Also, I bet there are plenty of people who are factoring in Biden's running mate;  I know I am.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.3.2  Tacos!  replied to  TᵢG @8.3.1    4 years ago
In this election, when the top of the ticket on both sides is disappointing, a strong, competent running mate will make a difference.

I would have been happier if he had just picked a nicer person or a more principled person. There are a lot of women he could have chosen who fit that description. For me, when I look at Kamala Harris, I see naked political ambition in the form of someone who will say or do whatever it takes to achieve more power. I do not see a servant of the people. He could have made it easier for me to vote for him, but picking Harris makes it harder.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.3.3  TᵢG  replied to  Tacos! @8.3.2    4 years ago

I hear you.    It would have been great if a statesperson were on the ticket.

Given this is what we have to work with, I will again note that of the four, Senator Harris would be my preferred PotUS.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
8.4  pat wilson  replied to  TᵢG @8    4 years ago

I was hoping for Tammy Duckworth but Kamala Harris is a good choice. Glad it wasn't Warren or Rice.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.4.1  Snuffy  replied to  pat wilson @8.4    4 years ago

Interesting.  I don't know enough about Duckworth except she's a vet. Care to expand on why you were hoping for her?

IMO Warren would have been a better choice for him. She would have appealed more to the progressive left than Harris can.  Harris may try to bill herself as a progressive prosecutor but she's more of a conservative than she likes to admit. Her history as a prosecutor and AG as well as her history in the Senate don't seem to provide much data (IMO) on helping the people she is responsible for. I feel as if she was chosen more for the color of her skin than what she can bring to the ticket. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.5  Thrawn 31  replied to  TᵢG @8    4 years ago

Honestly, part of my thinking/approval is if Biden doesn't make it through the first term. I always liked her, I thought she was a good choice for the democrats for the top of the ticket, and knowing she is first in line should something happen to Joe, I am okay with that. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8.5.1  TᵢG  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.5    4 years ago

Yeah, she is not ideal, but compared to the presidential candidates we have seen lately, we certainly could do much worse.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.5.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  TᵢG @8.5.1    4 years ago

Not ideal, but middle/left enough that I will support her. Basically a female Obama. And, yes, Joe. Of course I am not voting so much for the President as I am the VP considering the age factor.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9  Thrawn 31    4 years ago

Good choice. I always liked her for the top ticket, but this is a good runner up prize.

JBB
Professor Principal
10  seeder  JBB    4 years ago

The unearned contempt showered upon Ms Harris guys in the gop illustrates why the gop has such a bad "Woman Problem". Keep it up until the election!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
10.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  JBB @10    4 years ago

Biden is ahead because Trump constantly says crazy stuff.

Now we'll have ALL Republicans saying crazy stuff.

popcorn.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Bob Nelson @10.1    4 years ago
Now we'll have ALL Republicans saying crazy stuff.     

If the comments I've just read are any indication of this....Biden will easily win

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
11  Greg Jones    4 years ago
mrz081220dAPR20200812054609.jpg

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
11.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Greg Jones @11    4 years ago

If that's the heaviest baggage that Republican slimers can find... Harris is looking good.

The baggage on Team Trump is just a teen-tiny tad heavier. Like... most of the team are convicted felons...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
11.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Bob Nelson @11.1    4 years ago
Like... most of the team are convicted felons...
Can you list them, their crimes, and how they are connected to Trump?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
11.1.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Greg Jones @11.1.1    4 years ago

Could you please avoid formatting everything as a citation? It's confusing.

I could list his former campaign manager, assistant campaign manager, personal lawyer, ... and all the others...

But you know them already.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
11.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Bob Nelson @11.1.2    4 years ago

So they're all in jail?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
11.1.4  Bob Nelson  replied to  Greg Jones @11.1.3    4 years ago

Except those whom Trump has pardoned.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
11.1.5  Bob Nelson  replied to  Greg Jones @11.1.3    4 years ago

Except those whom Trump has pardoned.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
12  Right Down the Center    4 years ago

Interesting, if not predictable choice.  I am not sure if she has moved far left or if she was just pushing for the wing nut votes.  Too bad we probably won't find out before the election.  Since I don't believe Joe will make the term if elected this becomes a very important choice.  I do admit I am happy he has not chosen and out and out socialist though.  At least that way I don't think too much damage can be done before a more centrist president can be elected.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
12.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Right Down the Center @12    4 years ago
At least that way I don't think too much damage can be done before a more centrist president can be elected.

There is no evidence that Americans nationwide will support this combination of a doddering and drooling old fool, and a shrill left wing activist, chosen only for her gender and the color of her skin....as decreed by the Dem powers that be. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
12.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Greg Jones @12.1    4 years ago

Do you really see them that way? Or are you trying to convince yourself?

Professor Guide
12.1.3  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Greg Jones @12.1    4 years ago

Still, waiting for Trump to FIRE Pence, and, hire SATAN?

Professor Guide
12.1.4  Eat The Press Do Not Read It  replied to  Greg Jones @12.1    4 years ago

Still, waiting for Trump to FIRE Pence, and, hire SATAN?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @12.1.4    4 years ago

For the record, and to be truthful and factual, a President can not fire a Vice-President.

Not even Trump, no matter what fevered brains dream up.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1.7  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago
But he can most certainly chose another running mate...

Can you name one single President in your lifetime that had a different vice President during his second term? And not those who resigned or took other positions.

say Nikki Haley, in an effort to blunt the Harris pick.

And how would that blunt Harris as a pick?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1.9  Texan1211  replied to    4 years ago
Nope.

well, great. Then we can agree that the most likely scenario is Pence on the ticket.  

People suggesting otherwise seem like they are having delusions.

No big deal to me if they choose to ignore reality or want to distort it.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
12.1.14  Snuffy  replied to    4 years ago

In my lifetime,  no.   But ....

Franklin D. Roosevelt had  different VP's.
 1932 - John Nance Garner
 1940 - Henry A Wallace
 1944 - Harry S Truman

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.16  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @12.1.7    4 years ago
Can you name one single President in your lifetime that had a different vice President during his second term?

Can you name on single time Trump has stood on Presidential precedent? 

And how would that blunt Harris as a pick?

Well first of all, it would replace replace Pence, who is an a political failure. 

Secondly it would put a smart woman of color in as his VP. 

Speaking of smart, if Haley is as smart as everyone seems to think she is, she would turn Trump down. She would have a MUCH better chance in 2024 without Trump's baggage. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @12.1.16    4 years ago
Can you name on single time Trump has stood on Presidential precedent? 

A question is not an answer.

Spectacular attempt at deflection, however. Two thumbs up for the attempt!

Well first of all, it would replace replace Pence, who is an a political failure. 

I understand you don't like Pence. That is just your opinion.

Secondly it would put a smart woman of color in as his VP. 

Why? Is pandering so important to Democrats? Rhetorical,  I know it is!

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.18  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @12.1.17    4 years ago
A question is not an answer.

Your question hangs it hat on Presidential precedent. Without it, it's irrelevant. 

I understand you don't like Pence. That is just your opinion.

It's an educated opinion since I lived through his 'governance' here in Indiana. 

Why? Is pandering so important to Democrats? Rhetorical,  I know it is!

Are you actually positing that Trump's choice of Pence wasn't pandering? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @12.1.18    4 years ago
Your question hangs it hat on Presidential precedent. Without it, it's irrelevant. 

No, that is merely YOUR perception.

Actually Presidential precedent has little to do with it.

Politics is what it is about.

But that's okay, I never expect an answer anyways, and thus am never disappointed in the non-responses I get.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
12.1.20  Greg Jones  replied to    4 years ago

Are you saying that no childish partisanship exists on the left. And it looks like the far left pandering has begun...sure didn't take long

devangelical
Professor Principal
12.1.21  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @12.1.20    4 years ago

only a matter of time before trumpsters demand to see her birth certificate...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
12.1.22  Trout Giggles  replied to  Eat The Press Do Not Read It @12.1.3    4 years ago

I didn't think nepotism was allowed. Because you know Ol' Scratch is trmp's father

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.23  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @12.1.19    4 years ago
No, that is merely YOUR perception. Actually Presidential precedent has little to do with it.

What a load of bullshit.

Precedent:
an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.

You asked:

Can you name one single President in your lifetime that had a different vice President during his second term?

Denying that your question had to do with presidential precedent is laughable. 

Politics is what it is about.

Yes, prior Presidential political precedent. 

But that's okay, I never expect an answer anyways, and thus am never disappointed in the non-responses I get.

Oh, were you really waiting for an answer to the question you already knew the answer to but refuse to acknowledge is irrelevant since Trump doesn't give a flying fuck about what any other President did. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @12.1.23    4 years ago
What a load of bullshit.

It is either your opinion or not. Your choice, and matters not to me what you deny.

Denying that your question had to do with presidential precedent is laughable. 

Not to informed people who follow politics.

Yes, prior Presidential political precedent. 

No, prior political precedent. Why break up a team which has already proven it can win? That would be fucking STUPID, get it?

Oh, were you really waiting for an answer to the question you already knew the answer to but refuse to acknowledge is irrelevant since Trump doesn't give a flying fuck about what any other President did. 

I don't give a flying fuck what your opinion of Trump is. This doesn't have to do with Trump so much as ANY President in your lifetime who decided to run for a second term. They all pick the same running mate.

Dulay
Professor Expert
12.1.25  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @12.1.24    4 years ago
It is either your opinion or not. Your choice, and matters not to me what you deny.

You do know that the word 'perception' and 'opinion' mean two completely different things right Tex? 

Not to informed people who follow politics.

Yet to all people that recognize bullshit, it is...

No, prior political precedent. Why break up a team which has already proven it can win? That would be fucking STUPID, get it?

You tap dance terribly. 

I don't give a flying fuck what your opinion of Trump is.

I didn't cite my opinion, I cited facts. 

This doesn't have to do with Trump so much as ANY President in your lifetime who decided to run for a second term. They all pick the same running mate.

Which makes your question even more irrelevant. 

As has been said here all too many times, Trump was elected to smash the 'status quo' [precedent] and positing a question with the pretense that it would mean anything in relation to what Trump will do is obtuse. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @12.1.25    4 years ago
You do know that the word 'perception' and 'opinion' mean two completely different things right Tex? 

Yes.

You know the difference between an answer and a question?

Yet to all people that recognize bullshit, it is...

Okay, so you don't understand. That's okay, I didn't really expect you to.

I'll check back later and see if someone explained it to you.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13  Tessylo    4 years ago

Here's a typical tRump voter at Sturgis

117645023_3236242533119126_5369158025565124181_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=1uCEjC1hOEcAX8X0SB0&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=ddae6cfbe07864d4df044a2bd640e69f&oe=5F59B80A

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
13.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @13    4 years ago

Lady (I use the term loosely), Trump would not piss on you even if you were on fire.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @13    4 years ago

He finally got his face on something huge. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
13.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @13.2    4 years ago

Got milk?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.2.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @13.2    4 years ago

Since his big fat face isn't going up on Mt. Rushmore, I guess this will have to do.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @13.2.2    4 years ago

Twin Peaks!

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.3  Dulay  replied to  Tessylo @13    4 years ago

AH, my eyes!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @13    4 years ago

Sure hope it doesn't rain while she's "wearing" this

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15  Tessylo    4 years ago

117784903_3221841324520519_6362075422070273216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=DLM2XjYY5-0AX84BGMN&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=fa086ff038f828a7463de614326724a1&oe=5F590975

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
16  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

Harris is one pussy Trump can't grab.  If he were to try he would find that this kitty has claws.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
17  Paula Bartholomew    4 years ago

I am listening to Biden at this moment introducing Harris as his running mate.  If this is sleepy then may all politicians be sleepy.  He did not make it about him as Trump would do, he  made it about Harris and America.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
17.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @17    4 years ago

I don't understand the "Sleepy Joe" schtick. Who is supposed to be moved? Trump's voters will be, maybe... but since their vote is a foregone conclusion, they're of no interest.

Biden voters know it's false.

So we're only interested in the few percent of truly undecided. They will be hearing Trump saying "Sleepy Joe", while watching a dynamic, intelligent Biden. It seems to me that Trump is trying to make fools of the undecided... and most people don't appreciate the person who tries to make them fools.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Bob Nelson @17.1    4 years ago

trmp has his nerve calling Biden Sleepy Joe when he feel asleep at his own press conference the other day

Tessylo
Professor Principal
17.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.1.1    4 years ago

Was that where he was sitting on the chair to the side looking like he was taking a shit?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
17.1.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.1.1    4 years ago

Ummmm... Trout??

Are you really expecting intellectual coherence from the Donald?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @17.1.2    4 years ago

I think but all I saw was a 2 minute video clip.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Bob Nelson @17.1.3    4 years ago

A woman can dream, can't she?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
17.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @17.1.4    4 years ago

Whenever he is sitting, it appears he's taking a shit.  Maybe it's because of the constitution which is shoved up there.  Or his supporters.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
18  Tessylo    4 years ago

117352105_10218391786928868_6599379270416404333_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ZtfoTwvP69EAX_TWwJH&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=b5c9d5e1ff55c44c210049362b8b6b56&oe=5F5B54C8

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
18.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @18    4 years ago

LOL...so voted up.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
18.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @18.1    4 years ago

A poster on a garbage seed said to this - that they wouldn't want to see Jill Biden naked.

WHOOSH!!!!!!!!!!!

What a moron!!!!