╌>

BLM mob beat white man unconscious after making him crash truck

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xdm9mm  •  4 years ago  •  499 comments

By:   nypost (New York Post)

BLM mob beat white man unconscious after making him crash truck
A mob of Portland Black Lives Matter and Antifa militants forced a white man to crash his truck, and then punched and kicked him unconscious, disturbing footage shows.

So much for the fallacy of "peaceful protests" screamed from the rooftops by the BLM / Antifa thug supporters and proponents.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A mob of Portland Black Lives Matter and Antifa militants forced a white man to crash his truck, then punched and kicked him unconscious, disturbing footage shows.

A series of clips on social media shows the victim being surrounded in his white truck at 10:30 p.m. Sunday as others attacked his wife, who was punched and even tackled to the ground during the violent melee.

“He didn’t do nothing!” someone could be heard calling as others punched the driver as he sat in his truck, which was also repeatedly kicked.

The unidentified driver eventually sped off, with the mob chasing him — with some heard loudly laughing when he crashed into a light pole, according to the clips.

He was dragged from the truck and tackled to the ground — getting repeatedly punched as he tried to call his wife while also pleading with his attackers as he sat on the ground, the videos show.

“I ain’t tryna hurt no one,” he told them, with the only unexplained accusation heard in the clips being that “COVID is real.”

“I was trying to get out the way,” he insisted of crashing his truck, as several of the group punched him in the face and repeatedly called the white driver the N-word.

portland-03.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1024

The man lies unconscious on a Portland street.

As the mob dispersed to watch another fight, the main offender circled back around — kicking the defenseless driver in the face from behind, instantly knocking him out with his head cracking on the road.

“What the f–k is you talkin’ about, n—er!” the attacker screamed after the thud of his victim’s head hitting the ground.

The victim was then shown bleeding from a large wound in the back of his head as he appeared unconscious throughout another almost 2½-minute clip. His wife was shown sobbing nearby as the mob held her back and appeared to rifle through his truck.

Police in riot gear had to assist ambulance crews helping him as they were confronted by “a hostile crowd,”   Portland police said in a release .

The victim was taken to a local hospital with serious injuries, police said. “The incident is under investigation and no arrests have been made,” the force said.

It was unclear what sparked the confrontation, but “protesters were chasing the truck before it crashed, and they assaulted the driver after the crash,” the police statement said.

The mob was made up of Black Lives Matter and Antifa militants, according to Kalen D’Almeida, the co-founder of Scriberr News, who   shared one of the videos .

The man who was kicked in the head and reportedly knocked unconscious in Portland, Oregon, lies in the street. Kalen D’Almeida / Scriberr New

The incident came days after Seattle BLM members   marched through gentrified neighborhoods   and demanded white people give up their homes.

And it came a day after Portland officials once again declared a riot as mobs once again brought violence while claiming to protest the death of George Floyd, as they have done nightly for almost two months.

Two cops were hospitalized overnight Saturday after   protesters hurled a 10-pound rock   at them during the 79th night of clashes in the City of Roses, according to reports.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    4 years ago

Fucking pussies ..... one on one they aren't jack shit.  

Gotta attack in mobs and kick people when they are already down.

What a bunch of worthless pussies.

zuksam
Junior Silent
2.2  zuksam  replied to  Sparty On @2    4 years ago
Gotta attack in mobs and kick people when they are already down.

Assault with a deadly weapon (a Shod Foot). Hope he gets 15 years. The victim should sue the City, Mayor, City Council, and every other city official for allowing these thugs to take over the city, the city created an unsafe environment that lead to this attack and it was totally foreseeable.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  zuksam @2.2    4 years ago
The victim should sue the City, Mayor, City Council, and every other city official for allowing these thugs to take over the city, the city created an unsafe environment that lead to this attack and it was totally foreseeable.

Yep and he'll win if he does.

CB
Professor Principal
2.2.2  CB  replied to  Sparty On @2.2.1    4 years ago

Actually I think he should sue (and win). People should be able to walk the streets alongside protestors and not get molested and have their material possessions, relationships, and physical being 'high-jacked.'  Without seeing "real unknowns" from the videos I posted, the "known real" in the videos speak volumes about how this man was unjustly treated by one specific—especially.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.2.2    4 years ago

This is the result of letting thugs run rampant in your city.

Bunch of freaking idiots screwed up the city by letting the THUGS take over.

And now, someone innocent pays the price for the politicians' cowardice.

I guess THUG lives matter more than others.

CB
Professor Principal
2.2.4  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.3    4 years ago

I am positive I don't know what the, . . . heaven you are talking about. For starters, my city rarely has a protest and certainly not one ranging days, weeks, or months. And never rioting or arson.

As for "thug" lives mattering. I don't even know what you mean by offering it as a suggestion.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.2.4    4 years ago
I am positive I don't know what the, . . . heaven you are talking about.

Not news to me.

[deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4  TᵢG    4 years ago

This is inexcusable and illustrates how the good of public protests can easily cross the line and turn into a public threat.

People can be so dumb, so irresponsible, so cruel, it just is sickening to behold.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5  Texan1211    4 years ago

When do the peaceful protests start again?

Anyone?

Anyone at all know?

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    4 years ago

Just beyond words. If I lived anywhere near Portland, I'd be gone in a heartbeat! I just thought about how so many people would've said the same about Detroit and not all that long ago. Strange and sad times.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1  Sparty On  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @6    4 years ago

Where i live in Northern Michigan is full of former Detroiters.

They got out while the getting was good.

Places like Seattle and Portland are just a few decades behind Motown.

Welcome to shitsville west coast citties .... tax base and people will be leaving in droves leaving only blm and antifa turds

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.1    4 years ago

Yeah, so much for Fla being a good place to retire.

[Deleted]

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Kavika   replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.1    4 years ago

We don't have many from the NY/NJ area where I live, most are from the Midwest some from Texas. 

The prices are just fine where I live, quite reasonable and the area is spectacular. I love horses (had four Appolosa in my younger days) and the area I'm in is called the ''Horse Capital of the World'' and it is, We have over 700 horse farms in my county. 

Here is a link to the new ''World Equestrian Center'' Grand Opening in January/February 2021. They aren't going to have Indian Relay Racing the bastards.     

As far as cost goes it's less expensive than San Antonio and property taxes are much less. When I was ready to retire I checked out Texas (lived there twice in my business career, Dallas area) I checked out Georgetown and SA retirement communities. Found our the same model in SA new started at $40,000 higher than in Ocala FL. Taxes were quite a bit higher. I just checked on the resales there that were close to my square footage and checked out the property tax...Whoa boy, the taxes in SA for that house were $6250. I pay $3350 for a house that is 150 sq ft bigger. 

Anyhow, much of Florida is not expensive and a great place to live also a fishing paradise.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Kavika   replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.4    4 years ago

Yeah, TN is pretty cheap on property taxes. Buying here gave me things that were important to us. Horses, Fishing, a small city (60,000) with outstanding medical and just up the road in Gainesville and the UofF medical center, rated as one of the best the world, and an hour and a half is Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville and we have a good VA Clinic and they just broke gound on a brand new one. 

Are you talking about the ''Traditions'' by Port St. Lucie?

What's interesting I still have a property in Huntington Beach, CA. that we bought in 1983 and today the property taxes are $2400 and It's a block from the beach...Good old Prop. 13.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.7  Kavika   replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.5    4 years ago
Boots and a Western Saddle are more my style!!

LOL, I never road a horse using a saddle till I was in my 20's...You don't want to know what we called folks that used saddles...

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.10  Kavika   replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.8    4 years ago
Hell, you could have that in a few places just south of Nashville.   Let's face it, Vanderbilt isn't a slouch college or medical school!!

But they don't have the Ocean. We're 45 minutes from the Gulf. 

That's the one!!    Really nice place but oh so expensive once you get there!!

We've been there. We have friends that live in Port St. Lucie and wanted us to move to that area. Didn't like it that much, too crowded and expensive as you pointed out.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.12  Kavika   replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.9    4 years ago

Do you know what Indian Relay Racing is or have you ever seen it?

Here is a link there is a regular circuit now. Watch the exchange, it's really dangerous. 

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.13  CB  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.2    4 years ago

No place to run and hide from the 'hordes'? Why not stay and help fix the messes in part caused by conservative policies? Let's not even pretend conservatives don't break shit! Case in point: Your 'point man' whom y'all hide from these discussions (as best you can). You know, the chaos president!

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.16  CB  replied to  Kavika @6.1.12    4 years ago

Horses written hard without saddles. Oh wow! Darren of few words! That is really cool to watch, Kavika!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.1.17  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @6.1.12    4 years ago

That's really an exciting race. And yes, the exchange can indeed be very dangerous. The winner really did earn his  prize.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.18  Kavika   replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.14    4 years ago

A schedule is published every year but this year because of COVID the races have been canceled.

Most are held in Minnesota, the Dakota's, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho Washington and Canada. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1.19  Kavika   replied to  XDm9mm @6.1.11    4 years ago

This far inland we rarely get hurricanes. In fact you're not required to have hurricane insurance here.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.20  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @6.1    4 years ago

There’s already an exodus from the big blue cities by those who can.  Of course if Biden becomes president he will create new federal zoning and housing rules so that those who now can’t leave will follow taking the hood to the burbs..

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.21  CB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.20    4 years ago

That is so uninformed that I can't believe you or anybody else would state it. We are in a "united" country. If you fail, I fail and vice-versa. Yes, we're ingredients shaken together and these racist tropes used to divide us can only fail and not succeed. We all remember what this country was when it was truly and horribly divided, tribalists, and racist. So take those dehumanizing, demon, rhetoric and shove it!

Moreover, the grass is not greener in conservative 'America,' liberals simply are not as self-righteous as their 'brothers and sisters.' Nobody and nothing is perfect and don't you know that means tnere are warts on the butts on some conservatives too! Starting with the 'whoring' around by conservative men, for instance.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.22  Sparty On  replied to  CB @6.1.13    4 years ago

I live in a place where big city folks long to be.   Inevitable many of them do settle here, away from their hated big city life and then they proceed to try and turn our little paradise into a shithole just like where they came from.   So no worries, i fight nimrods like that every day.

That said, why not stay on topic and don't let your TDS get the best of you.

Can't do it can you?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.23  Sparty On  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.20    4 years ago

You bet and cities like Seattle and Portland are quickly headed for shithole status.

No worries though, Motown will welcome them into the fold of shitholedom

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.24  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Kavika @6.1.7    4 years ago

When I broke horses, I never used a saddle as I used to break a horse the Indian way.....in water.  If they would have let me do gymkhana bareback, I would have. 

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.25  CB  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.22    4 years ago

Everybody should be thankful for "little paradises." I live in one myself. Getting older one does not need the sounds and smells of big city community on a daily basis. Although, shit and piss (on the lawns) from passing neighbors (excessive) cats and dogs still frequent as the years tick by! 

Ahem, I will leave the general name-calling to an expert like you.

Speaking of Donald Trump; Chyron on television states he is off today to Arizona where he will counter-program the DNC convention second day presentation. It is an admission of sorts on your part that the main time you can mention Donald is to try to tell others here NOT to bring him up!  Rather self-righteous of you, by the way. After all, it is Donald who makes every moment of every day all about himself, not me or NT.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.1.25    4 years ago

If some folks here weren't obsessed with Trump, there would be about a quarter of the articles seeded here.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.27  CB  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.23    4 years ago

Prejudice and bias is on full display. I am glad you found a 'little paradise' for yourself. But keep this in mind why don't you. The grass is not always greener on the other side. There are not perfect places! There are simply better places. Consequently, there are problems in your area you are desensitized to, dismissive of, or simply uninformed about.

We, people of a certain age, can know this from worldly experience.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.28  Sparty On  replied to  CB @6.1.25    4 years ago
Ahem, I will leave the general name-calling to an expert like you.

Lol, will you now?   As you name call in the same sentence.   Hilarious!

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.28    4 years ago
you really can't help yourself

Obsession is a dark and ugly thing, isn't it?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.30  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.29    4 years ago

It sure can be.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.32  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago

BLM & antifa is not us!  We are in their way.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.33  Sparty On  replied to    4 years ago

If i had to love everything a politician did before i would vote for him/her i would never vote for anyone.

This anti Trump campaign is really ridiculous in nature.   It's not that hard to understand.   Trump beat the chosen one when he wasn't supposed to and we've had a 3+ year meltdown driven by the left and their mass media propaganda wing since.   Simple.

What is also simple is that Trump represents my beliefs much better than Biden and i'm far from alone on that.   But because we have the temerity to not lick the boot of the liberal narrative, we get attacked by the anti Trump horde.   SOP for many on the left these days it seems.  

So do i love the guy?   Of course not but i don't need to.   Show me a person who needs to "love" a politician to vote them them and i'll show a person who is likely a very unbalanced, biased individual.   No one politician is perfect for anyone.

Far from it in most cases actually.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.35  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago

The KKK was not us either back in the day!

Concerns are one thing a Marxist revolution is another.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.38  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.35    4 years ago

They might get away with that crap in certain city settings but it will be full stop if they try it in more rural areas.

Full stop!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.41  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.38    4 years ago

They only need the cities - for 2 more months.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.42  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago

That has always been true, but this year something may change all that - the chaos, confusion & fraud caused by a massive mailing of ballots, not just to those who request them, but to every voter listed on the voter rolls.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.44  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago

Sorry, you can't deflect. This is a problem created by democrats now reduced to trying to steal another election.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.46  JohnRussell  replied to    4 years ago

The issue is fitness for office. 

Trump is a known serial liar, crook, bigot, moron and cheat.  There should be an assumption that such obvious and serious flaws would make someone unfit to hold public office, but Trump supporters have set all time new low standards. They will never again be able to say ANY other candidate is not qualified to hold office. If trump is ok, literally everyone else who wants to run is ok. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.48  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago
So just who's appointed Post Master General is being summoned before the Republican-led Senate this week to justify the unjustifiable?

He has been called to appear before the democrat controlled House and ya, even Trump gets to make appointments.

Your point?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.49  Sean Treacy  replied to    4 years ago

So just who's appointed Post Master General 

The Board of Governors of the USPS

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.51  Vic Eldred  replied to    4 years ago

They can ask questions, more likely badger the man and make speeches, but this latest hoax fools nobody. The PO removes PO Boxes that have minimal volume. They removed 14,000 during Obama's two terms.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.53  Sparty On  replied to    4 years ago

Lol ..... like many politicians, Democrats and Republicans, that came before Trump are any better.   But you keep telling yourself that Trump is somehow worse than people you've voted for in your lifetime if that helps your sleep at night.   I have no such delusions when it comes to politicians but i can tell you this.

Unlike most politicians, with Trump what you see is what you get.   People talk about how much he lies but that's largely TDS driven BS because for the most part he has no filter.   That's one of the things i don't like about him.   He thinks it and it comes spewing out his mouth or out via twitter.    There is little political calculation in him like there is in most politicians.   He's not thinking about what he should and shouldn't say.   He just spews it out.

Most real politicians are promising you a dry pair of shoes while they are shaking your hand AND pissing on your shoes.   And you think Trump is worse than that?   Hilarious!

And have no worries about my family.   They' are all fine, productive citizens with minds of their own.    They are damn good Americans and i'm proud of them all.   They'll be right by my side if need be to fight the bullshit that is going on in this country right now.

Just like a lot of other families members and families will be.   BLM and antifa have no idea .............. none

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.55  Sparty On  replied to    4 years ago
I can say that unequivocally.

Yep, that's your story and i'm sure you'll stick to it.  

Good for you!

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.56  CB  replied to    4 years ago

Messaging well received! Thank you for such timely remarks. Incidentally, I note that you do quite a number of thought-provoking comments.  No pressure on you, nevertheless.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.57  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.49    4 years ago
So just who's appointed Post Master General  The Board of Governors of the USPS

That is a partial answer:

The postmaster general is now appointed by nine "governors", appointed by the president with the advice and consent of the Senate. The governors, along with the postmaster general and the deputy postmaster general, constitute the full Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service.

So really a very partisan body of people.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.58  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.51    4 years ago
The PO removes PO Boxes that have minimal volume. They removed 14,000 during Obama's two terms.

Where did you find this?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.59  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.58    4 years ago
Where did you find this?

I'll give you one guess!

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.60  CB  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.38    4 years ago

You just established my point: "Little paradises" have their constrictions, restrictions, and variances too. And there are families and members who leave "little paradises" because they can not take local 'headaches' anymore. Vice-versa.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.61  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.59    4 years ago

Thank you. 

But Obama didn't cut hours, end overtime and remove sorting machines before an election, did he?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.62  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.53    4 years ago
Unlike most politicians, with Trump what you see is what you get.

Yes, you see a pathological liar and you get a pathological liar.  Do you know why he has 20,000 lies? They count reruns.  He told a lie about the Ukraine whistlblower. Trump said that the whistlblower was "completely wrong" about Trump's phone call with Zelensky.  As it turned out, the whistleblower report was virtually completely right about the details of the phone call. When trump started lying about it, some iin the media made a point of correcting him and it was all over tv and the newspapers. Instead of stopping lying about it though, Trump simply doubled and tripled down and lied many many more times about the same thing EVEN THOUGH he had been proven completely wrong. 

There is something wrong with him. It has been known for many years.  You , however, dont care. We get that. So your opinions go on the garbage heap in November right next to trump's political career. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.63  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.61    4 years ago

Obama wasn't brought in to fix the PO. Don't you think the PO has significant fiscal problems?

The specter of universal mail in voting didn't exist before this year.

As far as what Obama did do just before the 2012 election was to enact DACA via EO, which he repeatedly said he didn't have the authority to do and his IRS all but destroyed the Tea Party.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.64  CB  replied to    4 years ago

Kudos on the commentary. You are striking the mark. Sparty On, has fully embraced un-conservative points of view in acceptance of Donald.

President Trump is not a conservative's conservative.

True republicans stand for something conservative, meaning the status quo. Donald is reinventing the party by hook and crook. Pandemonium and chaos activities.

The problem with some elements of the poor and impoverished in this situation we are discussing, is these guys and gals are living in the moment detached from the larger view of how their actions will be judged and weighed against those groups working to make life as a whole better for impoverished people.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.1.65  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.61    4 years ago

Trump has already stated that the only way he will lose the election is if the voting is rigged. 

So he is already setting up his base not to accept the election if he does not win, and that he is not going to be willing to leave the WH if he loses.

He also says he will seek a third term..........

.......... Because ‘They Spied On Me’  

So it seems that Trump will not step down willingly if he loses, and obviously will not accept the election results if he loses. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
6.1.66  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.63    4 years ago

There really need not be anything clearer as a reason to trim some fat and some unnecessary equipment......at least relegate it to storage for awhile..

Postal Service Net Income/Loss By Year
  • 2019 - $8.8 billion loss.
  • 2018 - $3.9 billion loss.
  • 2017 - $2.7 billion loss.
  • 2016 - $5.6 billion loss.
  • 2015 - $5.1 billion loss.
  • 2014 - $5.5 billion loss.
  • 2013 - $5 billion loss.
  • 2012 - $15.9 billion loss.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.67  Texan1211  replied to  Raven Wing @6.1.65    4 years ago
So he is already setting up his base not to accept the election if he does not win, and that he is not going to be willing to leave the WH if he loses.

That particular stunt was already tries and failed miserably in 2016.

Can't we just get some NEW stunt THIS election?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.68  Sparty On  replied to  CB @6.1.60    4 years ago

I've established no such thing with my comment.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.69  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.66    4 years ago

Sounds like throwing money at the problem hasn't fixed the problem.

Gee, I guess that would be like giving money to Seattle or Minneapolis to retake or clean up and repair police precincts the cities' "leaders" have seen fit to abandon to thugs..

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.70  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.62    4 years ago
Yes, you see a pathological liar and you get a pathological liar.

No, those are your words, not mine.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.71  CB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.61    4 years ago

There is cognitive schizophrenia behaviors at work with these constant Trump conservative whataboutisms. Trump people cite Obama's presidency as the worse model of a presidency; and following on they proceed to cite the same as basis for their current (multiplicity of) activities.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6.1.72  Vic Eldred  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @6.1.66    4 years ago

You've heard the old joke - "How many people work for the Post Office?"

Answer - "One out of four"

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.73  CB  replied to  Raven Wing @6.1.65    4 years ago

And which one of his priors shall we compare Donald to this fall if he won't go: George Washington volunteered to depart the office, Richard Nixon had the grace to resign the office when all was lost, and now we have the "chosen one" who should he lose this fall promises that he will have to thrown out of office and the door locks changed!

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.74  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.67    4 years ago

Case in point.

Here you are defending the indefensible "victim" Trump playbook for all to see.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.75  CB  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.68    4 years ago

You shall not agree to much from me and you don't have to. I can make up our own mind.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.76  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.69    4 years ago

Maybe liberals need more gun culture and wide open spaces. We need to stockpile more guns in high-rise buildings.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.77  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.1.74    4 years ago
Here you are defending the indefensible "victim" Trump playbook for all to see.

Call it whatever you want. Won't change what it is.

Why does my pointing out a fact to you draw such ire?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.78  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.1.76    4 years ago
.Maybe liberals need more gun culture and wide open spaces. We need to stockpile more guns in high-rise buildings.

Maybe.

With the current murder rates in large cities, I would venture that the use of guns in largely liberal areas is quite widespread and plentiful. Dangerously so in certain cities. Many of those same cities have been under Democratic control for decades, so please enlighten me on which Democratic policies have led the cities to look they do today.

Take credit for the good, but please also address the faults if you can find it in yourself to even admit that there are some.

Heck, let's give them all machine guns and tell them to have at it!

Surely they aren't stupid enough to kill everyone, are they?

If they are, lots of problems solved.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.79  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.63    4 years ago
Obama wasn't brought in to fix the PO. Don't you think the PO has significant fiscal problems?

Vic, it was you who brought Obama into the discussion not me. All I did was point out what he didn't do. 

The specter of universal mail in voting didn't exist before this year.

Well, maybe if last year polling places were not suddenly closed, forcing long lines and unreasonable travel, it wouldn't have happened. See how that works. One thing leads to another. 

As far as what Obama did do just before the 2012 election was to enact DACA via EO, which he repeatedly said he didn't have the authority to do and his IRS all but destroyed the Tea Party.

And that has nothing to do with this year's elections. That is about as relevant as Comey's last-minute opps with Clinton. No I take that back, what Comey did undermined Clinton's election. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.80  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.63    4 years ago
Don't you think the PO has significant fiscal problems?

The Post Office only has fiscal problems because piece of shit Republicans in the house and Senate in 2006 passed a ridiculous law forcing them to pre-fund retirement benefits for future employees that aren't even born yet. No other private company is forced to do such a thing. The bill was intended to slowly strangle the USPS because private companies wanted the potential shipping market profits if they could only slit the throat of a federal program that was self sufficient and loved by virtually everyone. Scum of the earth is to kind to describe those faithless pieces of garbage.

" In 2006, the GOP Congress passed a bill that required the Postal Service to fully fund future retiree health benefits for the next 75 years and to accomplish this within a 10-year period. Republicans are always insisting that the USPS be run like a good capitalist enterprise, but few, if any, private businesses could bear the burden of funding three-quarters of a century of retired employees’ medical costs over just one decade."

Today the Republican party and dirty dishonest Donald are trying for the final blow, trying to murder a constitutionally sanctioned service used by veterans, the elderly, the disabled and virtually every other American to access medications, paychecks, voter registration and mail in ballots. If we let these scum have their way we'll be just that much closer to the disgusting fascist cluster fuck of Putin's Russia with a wannabe dictator already suggesting doing away with term limits or illegally extending his term by delaying the election or declaring it invalid if he doesn't win. I can only feel ashamed for those who continue to support such a vile sociopath like Donald Trump.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.81  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.77    4 years ago

Trump is not a victim, Texan. No matter how you try to shape it, for Donald to be a victim would mean someone has bested and is towering over him. He will never own that, thus you can defend the indefensible.

So there.

Ire? Who's angry with you? I just told you how amusing and 'twin-like' we are! It's like looking in a mirror I think: Don't you?

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.82  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.78    4 years ago

You got it twisted. The gun culture we need is to better keep city-dwellers safe. Machine guns are illegal for obvious reasons. Begs the question how you can instruct its use. Venture anything you wish, its a free country. And I have no clue why "small town America" is so down of its burgeoning brothers and sister cities. After all, if the entire nation was rather calm and relaxed where would any of us go for the 'right' mix of dynamics? And to get away from our rather mundane existences?

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.83  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.80    4 years ago
I can only feel ashamed for those who continue to support such a vile sociopath like Donald Trump.

If we do not take care to win this election in the briefest of time (vote early for Biden everyone), some more of us will die under a tyrant named Donald who cares nothing for the quality of our existences in his America. We will die and not be missed in the Trump 'economy.'

These RINO Trump supporters are not true conservatives. True republicans/conservatives would never sanction a king! Nor, would they boldly (and vainly) try to excise the Post Office (our died and true mail system) from the innards of the Constitution!

Some Trump republicans are fake republicans!

sixpick
Professor Quiet
6.1.84  sixpick  replied to  Vic Eldred @6.1.59    4 years ago

Collection Box Removal Process (Post Office 2016)

This reminds me of the children in the cages photos.  You remember all the outrage.  It didn't change after it was revealed the photos used were during the Obama Administration.  Remember the "Not a Smidgen of Truth".  It just goes on and on. 

The fact is it will just put extra stress on the Post Office for the Democrats to push this late in the game for all this mail-in voting everyone who every registered to vote in a state or the new resident will receive a ballot.  And don't forget the ballot harvesting. 

You know, "Miss Lilly, you just answer a few questions and I'll fill it out for you and you can just sign it.  No need for you trouble yourself and get out of your bed."

California’s late votes broke big for Democrats. Here’s why GOP was surprised (2012)

They felt the hit on Nov. 6 — and in the days after, as late-arriving Democratic votes were tabulated and one Republican candidate after another saw leads shrink and then evaporate. This week, a seventh GOP-held congressional seat flipped to the Democrats, leaving Republicans controlling a mere seven of California’s 53 House districts.

Always remember anything the Democrats accuse the Republicans or anyone, for that matter, of doing that is bad, they are already doing it or plan on doing it.  They're just setting the table so they can put the blame on the Republicans or someone else.

What they plan on doing this time is use the Cloward-Piven Strategy, but instead of economics like they did in NYC to overload the welfare system, this time they are planning to use it to overload the the electorate system.

This will pretty much guarantees them the Presidential Election, one way or the other.  Nancy Pelosi has been spreading the idea that Trump will refuse to leave the White House for some time now.  

Remember when Hillary Clinton set the table back in 2016?  Then the Obama Administration went into the coup mode for the next 3 plus years.  But she set the table for them and they already knew what they had in mind of doing if they didn't legally win the election.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
6.1.85  sixpick  replied to  sixpick @6.1.84    4 years ago

By the way, you'll have a hard time finding information such as this on Google and YouTube because both of them have gone full blast Third World politics. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.86  Sparty On  replied to  CB @6.1.75    4 years ago
You shall not agree to much from me

Very true, clearly i shan't

and you don't have to.

Something we can agree on so there you go

I can make up our own mind.

Lol..... i'm sure you really do believe that but only in your dreams is it true.   And for the life of me i can't figure out what healthy reason one would have to want to do so.    C'est la vie i suppose.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.87  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.1.81    4 years ago
Trump is not a victim, Texan. No matter how you try to shape it, for Donald to be a victim would mean someone has bested and is towering over him. He will never own that, thus you can defend the indefensible.

Strawman. I never claimed Trump is a victim. Since you claim I did, prove it. Quote me.

So there.

Are you on recess at school?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.88  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.1.82    4 years ago

A spectacular load of BS packed into one post.

Kudos.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.89  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.87    4 years ago

Juvenile fair again? Moving on.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.90  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.88    4 years ago

That all you got?

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.91  CB  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.38    4 years ago

It strikes me that you can ram-rod street fools and clowns daily on social media, but then give social and political "mulligans" and passes to some lying, cheating, stealing, "confederates" in the republican house, senate, and definitely the White House. The hypocrisy is astounding. Washington policies continue to leave the citizenry under political waters in this administration and you can't be found to call out a single significant "thug" in your party family.

I hope you enjoy this new and rather exciting exposure of some of your values.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.92  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.1.90    4 years ago

It is all that is deserved or warranted.

Still waiting on that quote from you, btw.

Will it be forthcoming any time this week?

or was it merely another empty claim, devoid of facts?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.93  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.1.89    4 years ago

[deleted]

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.94  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.92    4 years ago

What quote are you holding your breath for? And can you get it from "punch-down" Donald on his Twitter feed. Seems he simply adores talking to locals!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.95  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.1.94    4 years ago

I have given you my last answer to your endless stream of pointless questions.

Maybe I'll check back when you have learned to answer some on your own, which you have rarely if ever done to any of mine.

You want it one way ALL the time, so have fun asking and answering yourself.

And please don't ever mention elevating any conversation with me again. It is a hoax on your part. You don't want conversation, you want and need an echo chamber. 

Well, there are plenty of "I Hate Trump" squad members here you can circle up with. I am sure you will be happier.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.96  Sparty On  replied to  CB @6.1.91    4 years ago

Yawn ........ you should know by now, i really don't care what you think but don't feel too bad.  

I could care less about most internet geniuses/know it all's sensitivities.

Really!

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.1.97  KDMichigan  replied to  CB @6.1.91    4 years ago
hope you enjoy this new and rather exciting exposure of some of your values.

LMAO this coming from the guy who thinks it is okay to steal a little. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.1.98  KDMichigan  replied to  Raven Wing @6.1.65    4 years ago
So it seems that Trump will not step down willingly if he loses, and obviously will not accept the election results if he loses. 

Yeah you keep spewing this talking point. After Trump loses the election and walks away I'll be asking you how you like your crow served.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.99  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.95    4 years ago

You sound bitter and upset and still after all of that, I don't know what quote you are asking me for! Oh well, maybe "punch down" President Trump knows what you are looking for?

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.100  CB  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.96    4 years ago

"Mulligans, for everybody!"

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.101  CB  replied to  KDMichigan @6.1.97    4 years ago

Oh brother. Here comes a live one! I wouldn't mind if you refresh our collective memories on what point you are trying to make about me or somebody? Go for 'broke'!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.103  Texan1211  replied to  CB @6.1.99    4 years ago

instead of playing around, you should try to follow the conversation.

might be amazed to find out what is going on.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.104  Sparty On  replied to  CB @6.1.100    4 years ago

Nah, i play my own score.  

Not looking for a hand out like many here apparently are.

CB
Professor Principal
6.1.105  CB  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.104    4 years ago

Whatever that means. White privilege has proven to be useful and its own reward/treasure. Assuming you are a while male: Have you ever attempted to get a precise measurement of white privilege as a whole or as value in your own life, Sparty On?

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
7  JaneDoe    4 years ago

When will Portland finally grow tired of these so called peaceful protests. 
The animals who did this are no better than Derek Chauvin. They are savages that don’t deserve to roam freely in society. Put them in a cell where they belong!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
8  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 years ago

And people are dumb enough to think BLM legitimate.  

CB
Professor Principal
9  CB    4 years ago
Portland Man Beaten Unconscious by BLM ANTIFA Protesters.

* Youtube pulled the video! I will try to relocate it!

Okay! Front and center! I hope XDm9mm does not mind me posting this "expose" of 14 minutes to give us all a 'fuller' (maybe not complete) picture of what the hell is going on here.

Warning: The "N" word is repeatedly used and other curse words.  Educational and Informational use and application.

This is real life and its angry and sad. So very damn sad.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1  JohnRussell  replied to  CB @9    4 years ago

What did the video show? 

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.1  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1    4 years ago

John, it is horribly distressing. The rage of all involved is sickening. What comes across is these 'matters' of violence protesting draw all sorts of people, well-intentioned and otherwise in and 'under the bus.'  The video of the 14 minutes is "priceless," worth a thousand words, and I am disappointed Youtube pulled it. But ,they have their rules and guidelines, for sure!

I will struggle to find it again and deliver it. It's bad and not just because of the 'man down.' The video took us into what led up to the scenes we are exposed to.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.2  CB  replied to  CB @9.1.1    4 years ago

GRAPHIC: Full Video of BLM Mob Beating White Man Unconscious In Portland

Right now this seems to be about as close as I can get you to the 14 minute video. Trust me, there is an earlier lead in altercation with people on the streets that involved violence and the slurs (all over the place) blacks and whites, mixed ethnicities, young people, together speaking, cussing, and acting 'out.' Foul. (A trans person is viciously attacked by several women too). Also, the man who is in the video image we have above seems to have been coming to support the trans person in his own way.)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  CB @9.1.1    4 years ago

did the man who got beat provoke the crowd?   that is all i really want to know right now.

zuksam
Junior Silent
9.1.4  zuksam  replied to  CB @9.1.2    4 years ago

This is the future in Portland. No Police protection, Mob rule, Thugs playing vigilante arbitrarily making up rules and forcing the public to comply and beating the hell out of anyone they choose. Then when you're lying there unconscious and bleeding the only medical attention you get is by a bunch of amateurs.

zuksam
Junior Silent
9.1.5  zuksam  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.3    4 years ago
did the man who got beat provoke the crowd?   that is all i really want to know right now.

The only provocation that could possibly justify this kind of violence would be if the victim was violent to them first then it would be self defense which it wasn't because the victim was just a victim and the assailants were just a bunch of violent thugs out looking for a target and the victim was just their unlucky choice. I hope when the cops find them they pull a weapon and end up with two bullets in the head so that nobody else has to be victimized by these thugs. 

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.6  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.3    4 years ago

Sorry, been off looking for that longer video. Not in the video. The first altercation ends (camera goes black) and comes up again with man in his truck and attacked. I understand your concern. Something he did must have pissed off the guy who walked up to him in his truck. The video simply is not continual to that point.

That said, this section of the violence is kicked off because he drove off from the protestors in a hurried and maybe provocative manner.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.7  MonsterMash  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.3    4 years ago

Translated: CB, please tell me the man that got beat provoked the crowd, I refuse to blame this on the anarchist thugs I support..

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  zuksam @9.1.5    4 years ago

Nothing but a bunch of lowlife THUGS.

The kind not worth pissing on if they are on fire.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.9  CB  replied to  CB @9.1.6    4 years ago

If you can open this site with your logins you can get some sense of what is in the longer videos by clipping on the 'top' links (more than one). Three "deep" there are segmented videos from the longer video and it shows the trans-person who is attacked (only in part though seated and the man who later is kicked unconscious 'assisting' her). Damn, if only I could find that video whole! The language and activity is 'street' through and through. Ghetto.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.10  CB  replied to  MonsterMash @9.1.7    4 years ago

That is not what John is asking me. He simply can not see what I have viewed visually. So he is searching too.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9.1.11  Sunshine  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.3    4 years ago

What does it matter?  Provoking does not excuse attempted murder.  The man clearly left without being threatened and returned with a kick to the head.

It is also clear and sickening as to whom your allegiance belongs.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.12  JohnRussell  replied to  Sunshine @9.1.11    4 years ago

[deleted]

GregTx
PhD Guide
9.1.13  GregTx  replied to  Sunshine @9.1.11    4 years ago

Karmas can be a bitch sometimes, least that's what I've heard.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
9.1.15  arkpdx  replied to  CB @9.1.6    4 years ago

Yes because trying to get away from thugs that just beat your wife/girlfriend and possibly a trans woman quickly is just so provocative. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.16  JohnRussell  replied to  dennis smith @9.1.14    4 years ago

who said it did? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.17  JohnRussell  replied to  CB @9.1.1    4 years ago

CB, i know you tried to shed some light, but i think you just made it more confusing.  your descriptions of what you saw on video are just not specific enough

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.18  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.17    4 years ago

I know and agree. Mostly due to a mild case of shock from what I watched. Couple that with the fact that Youtube pulled off the air the clearest explanation of what happened from a 'start to finish' perspective (under the circumstances) and I can't locate it in one piece to present though I have and continue to try to do so!

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.19  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.17    4 years ago

Video @9 is back up with suitable Youtube warnings.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.20  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.3    4 years ago

You are looking for justification, John?   They acted on hate! They would have done the same to you!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
9.1.21  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.3    4 years ago

Did Reginald Denny?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.22  JohnRussell  replied to  CB @9.1.19    4 years ago

What are you trying to say regarding this incident. I find your comments overall somewhat obscure. At the beginning of the video the white guys pickup truck is PARKED. Why was it parked? Was he having a confrontation with the protesters? Was he coming out of a restaurant? Why was he parked at the scene of a raucous demonstration? I dont see anything in the video that explains this. Why didnt he just go on his way? Why was he parked? 

I understand why you want people to see the video, which is very disturbing, but I dont understand what it is you think it shows other than that the guy was sucker punched and kicked while he was down. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.22    4 years ago

Doesn't matter why he parked. Unless it was illegal to park there, it is irrelevant.

And even then, it would be a matter for police--not a bunch of lowlife THUGS.

Not even the THUGS who want to act like brownshirts.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.26  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.23    4 years ago
Doesn't matter why he parked. 

It doesnt matter as to if it was right or wrong to beat a defenseless man up, no. It could matter as to why they wanted to beat him up. 

The implication of this seed is that he was beaten up solely because he was white. I watched the whole video and I'm not seeing any proof of that.  

If you do see such proof, point it out. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.27  JohnRussell  replied to  gooseisgone @9.1.25    4 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.26    4 years ago

Where or why he parked anywhere doesn't matter. It doesn't even matter if he said something to someone.

Fact is another person got beaten up at one of the "peaceful protests".

The "peaceful protests" seem to be led by THUGS.

And with the blessing of Democratic politicians.

Who are supposed to represent ALL their constituents.

But somehow, the pols forgot that part and have decided to represent fucking THUGS.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.30  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.29    4 years ago

So I take it you dont see any evidence that they beat him up solely because he is white either. 

Otherwise you would have pointed such evidence out as I asked you to. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.32  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.30    4 years ago

And I see that you have no evidence for the guy provoking his attack, either.

Which is what you were fishing for when you stated that he might have said something to provoke his attack, without any proof.

Look, I never said that it was racially motivated, but damn, it doesn't take a fucking genius to figure out BLM is the root of the problem here.

So take your strawman argument elsewhere.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.1.34  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XDm9mm @9.1.31    4 years ago
Considering that the only people that were beat by the LLSBTs were white, it doesn't take more than two brain cells to figure out JR.

The video shows just one event. So in that way, John is not wrong. We don't know the motivation for this. Until we get these people arrested and brought to justice, we will not know what the motivating factor was. 

It's beyond disgusting as an act. There is no denying this. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.35  TᵢG  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.34    4 years ago
So in that way, John is not wrong.

To be crystal clear (since presumption is rampant here) John is neither wrong nor right since he has made no claims of truth and has in fact stated that he does not know all the facts and will adjust his opinion as new facts arise.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.37  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.34    4 years ago
So in that way, John is not wrong. We don't know the motivation for this.

But John ruled out race! That's a far cry from saying gee, I don't know.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.38  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.32    4 years ago
And I see that you have no evidence for the guy provoking his attack, either.

And JR has stated that.   Have you actually read what the man wrote?   Not just cherry-picking, I mean objectively read for comprehension.

So take your strawman argument elsewhere.

If you think JR created a strawman argument then you do not understand the concept.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.39  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.37    4 years ago
But John ruled out race! 

Why are you lying Vic? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.40  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.39    4 years ago

Did you not say that you doubted he was attacked because he was white?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.41  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.34    4 years ago

I watched the whole video, and I don't see anything in there that indicates he was beat up because he is white. 

I don't even see the injured man defending a trans person.  Is that in the same video or is that something they heard somewhere else? 

At the start of the video I see the white guy sitting in his car, parked by the curb, and then someone else gets pushed down into the middle of the street, a couple other people trying to kick his car, and then him speeding off evidently causing some in the group to think he was trying to run someone over (didnt see that either. )  It seems to me that this video is, at best, incomplete as to why it all happened. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.42  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.41    4 years ago
I watched the whole video, and I don't see anything in there that indicates he was beat up because he is white. 

According to your reasoning you would have to say the same about the George Floyd killing.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.43  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.40    4 years ago

I dont think anyone should assume one way or the other why he was attacked.  If you know why show us the proof. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.45  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @9.1.44    4 years ago

I watched the video. Please point out to me the time on the video which demonstrates he was attacked because he is white.  If it is there I will admit it. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.46  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.43    4 years ago
I dont think anyone should assume one way or the other why he was attacked. 

So race could have played a part?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.47  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.45    4 years ago
Please point out to me the time on the video which demonstrates he was attacked because he is white. 

Let's not turn it around. It was you that doubted he was attacked because he was white.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.48  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.47    4 years ago

I am watching you trying your best to reframe JR's comments.   You are obviously not trying to understand JR's position.   This is exactly what I have been talking about.

Yes, Vic, JR has stated that he doubts the man was attacked simply because he is white.   He has also stated that he does not know all the details and will change his opinion if facts to the contrary become available.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.49  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.47    4 years ago

You apparently think the only reason a black person would punch a white person is because he hates whites.  lol. 

It's possible, but I am still asking where that is on the video. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.1.50  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XDm9mm @9.1.36    4 years ago

I did watch the video, from start to finish, and it looks like the event follows just one guy and his wife. I heard the word "nigga " a lot, but I never heard any white references either. I also saw white people involved (at least their legs looked white). 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.51  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.49    4 years ago
You apparently think the only reason a black person would punch a white person is because he hates whites.  lol

You apparently think racism exists in certain places. All groups are capable of racism.

It's possible, but I am still asking where that is on the video. 

As I said, if that is your reasoning, you have to ask the same question in the George Floyd case.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.52  Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.50    4 years ago
"I did watch the video, from start to finish, and it looks like the event follows just one guy and his wife. I heard the word "nigga " a lot, but I never heard any white references either. I also saw white people involved (at least their legs looked white)."

Thanks for the truth Perrie.  So the title is incorrect 'blm mob'

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.53  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.50    4 years ago

So you doubt it could be racial, as well?

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.54  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.22    4 years ago

John, the video is all we have that I can scrounge up! I can't reveal what is not on film. Sorry.  By the way it is possible this is one videographer's perspective and it is a conservative reporter, nevertheless.We will have to wait for new information or a police incident/investigation full report. That said, the violence is unarguable.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.55  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.48    4 years ago
Yes, Vic, JR has stated that he doubts the man was attacked simply because he is white.  

And you noted my response to that, right?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.56  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.51    4 years ago

well, you have to ask the question if the cop would have knelt on a white man's neck for 8 or 9 minutes. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.58  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.56    4 years ago

So, you are not using the same reasoning.  When a white is attacked you want very explicit proof that it was racial but when it is a black man you just assume it.

BTW I have some news for you about the Floyd case. Remember how everyone, including myself, thought that an obvious hate crime?  Well guess what. Derek Chauvin knew George Floyd. And you know what that means - the motivation may have been revenge for something.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.60  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.55    4 years ago

I read everything you wrote here.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.1.61  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.53    4 years ago

What I said Vic, is that we don't know what lead up to that event and that there appears to be white people involved, too. I am stating what is factual to what I saw and not guessing. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.62  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.60    4 years ago

That's good and then you should recall that I asked JR to apply the same standard to the Floyd case. He couldn't do it.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.1.63  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  dennis smith @9.1.59    4 years ago

Dennis,

The reason that John made his comments is because everyone has jumped to the conclusion that it was racially motivated, which the video does not prove. He never denied that the attack was wrong or deserved punishment. He was just questioning the motivation.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.64  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.61    4 years ago

That is fine Perrie and as long as you brought that fact up, I would like to remind you that white progressives can be extremely racist as well.

GregTx
PhD Guide
9.1.65  GregTx  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.50    4 years ago

Right around 4:52 the black man that appears to be trying to help is getting berated by another black man and it looked like threatened by another with his hand in his backpack there were a few chants of "It's on nigga" and then he says "fuck that white punk".

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.1.66  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.64    4 years ago
white progressives can be extremely racist as well.

Please explain.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.67  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.62    4 years ago

Does his refusal to address your question change his collective comments?   That somehow that means what he has actually stated is to be ignored?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.1.68  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  GregTx @9.1.65    4 years ago
another black man and it looked like threatened by another with his hand in his backpack there were a few chants of "It's on nigga" and then he says "fuck that white punk".

OK that proves that one of them was a racist. There are a lot of people in that video, some white. You can't claim that they are all racists. 

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
9.1.69  JaneDoe  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.50    4 years ago

In the video @9 at not the one at 9.1.2 around 4min 28 seconds what is being said to the black man in the white shirt?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.70  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.66    4 years ago

Berrien reports that a Yale and Princeton Universities study took place over a 25-year period. During that time, white liberal political candidates   “patronized minorities by dumbing down their language so as to appear more approachable. They also tested [liberal] whites who were not politicians…and found that again, leftists dumbed down their language, while conservatives did not.”

The study conducted by Cydney Dupree, assistant professor of organizational behavior at Yale SOM and Susan Fiske of Princeton University, is an unimpeachable indictment that clearly shows the Democrat Party of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) and Jim Crow remains committed to stripping away the dignity of Americans who are black.

Furthermore, you have witnessed, both here and at NV the level of hostility white progressives have for whites. Prime example is the birther issue - which they always portray as racist, yet more white candidates have been accused of not being born in the US than blacks.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.71  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.67    4 years ago
Does his refusal to address your question change his collective comments? 

Then you are not paying attention - he answered it! He said you have to ask yourself if Chauvin would have done that to a white man. He asked no such question of the thugs who beat the white guy.

That somehow that means what he has actually stated is to be ignored?

That tells me that JR thinks some groups are incapable of hate crimes.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.72  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.68    4 years ago
You can't claim that they are all racists. 

You don't think a white progressive can hate whites?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.73  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.70    4 years ago

Hillary famously declared "I ain't no ways tired" and claimed to always carry a bottle of hot sauce in her purse. You would just think that somewhere along the way in her public life, someone would have captured her pulling it out of her purse and using it on some that plain old catered food she had to eat at dinners.

Of course, that isn't pandering or racist at all.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.74  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.73    4 years ago
Hillary famously declared "I ain't no ways tired"

I believe it was just before she collapsed and was carried into the van.

Of course, that isn't pandering or racist at all.

She would say anything to get elected. Stirring up racial animosity means nothing to them. They are not the ones who are killed.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.75  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.32    4 years ago

There has to be a reason (or not) for why this man was followed back to his truck. The video is not privy to exposing it. It is not picked up. Or maybe it is the evil in the perpetrators' hearts that no one should involve themselves in this 'business' of theirs. However, there is no evidence that these are BLM protestors. It could just be a co-opting of the name based on the activities above! As you can imagine, BLM won't be long in the tank as an organization if this is its branding method!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.76  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.71    4 years ago
Then you are not paying attention

I took your words @9.1.62:

Vic @9.1.62 ☞ I asked JR to apply the same standard to the Floyd case.  He couldn't do it.

... to mean that you found his answer to be deflection; a non-answer.   You cannot weigh in on a comment and then when I accept your editorial opinion at face value accuse me of not paying attention.   See the problem there Vic?

That tells me that JR thinks some groups are incapable of hate crimes.

Ask him.   'JR, is it your view that some groups are incapable of hate crimes?'

Do you truly think he would answer:  'Yes, there are some groups that are incapable of hate crimes.' ?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.77  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.76    4 years ago
Do you truly think he would answer:  'Yes, there are some groups that are incapable of hate crimes.' ?

No, he won't say that, but you see, if you follow him, he thinks we are still living in the time when the south was fighting reconstruction.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.78  CB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.34    4 years ago

Actually, there are instances of threatening, harassment, and attack in the beginning scenes of the @9 video. :)  These people doing this (young women too. My word!) are in manifest error.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.79  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.77    4 years ago
No, he won't say that, ...

Have you even known JR to shy away from stating what he believes??   Of all people.  

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.80  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.41    4 years ago

@9 timestamp 3:44 John. That guy in blue will be accosted (knocked unconscious) later in the hour.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.1.81  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.72    4 years ago
You don't think a white progressive can hate whites?

No, I don't. I think that white people can be apologists but that does not equate to hating whites. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.82  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.79    4 years ago

He said today that he doubted the incident was race motivated. He needs more evidence, yet he needed no evidence in the case of George Floyd.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.83  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.81    4 years ago
No, I don't.

God Bless you. I happen to think that white progressives are today's racists.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.84  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.76    4 years ago

What I say about black on white racism is that yes it exists. The best example of it that we all saw was Reverend Wright, the pastor of the afrocentric church Obama was a member of.  Wright was racist, and said some racist things. However, ..... there is another side to Wright's racism. He became an adherent of black liberation theology , which was a movement that declared that God should turn His back on the white race BECAUSE of what whites had historically done to people of color. In other words, Wright's racism is a reaction to what white racism had done historically to blacks and other non whites.  Someone may say it doesnt matter why one is racist, and there is some truth to that, but there is also truth to the explanation that racism based on white supremacy and racism based on "revenge for white supremacy" are not the same thing. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.85  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.84    4 years ago

Well that would explain some of the minority racism - resentment. The other equal part would be democrat politicians getting minorities all whipped up about supposed racial injustices & labeling their opponents as racist. Then there is that last an most dangerous group - the white progressive who genuinely hates whites and uses blaks.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.1.86  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.42    4 years ago
According to your reasoning you would have to say the same about the George Floyd killing.

I don't know what each cop was thinking. Only they do, so I don't guess what is in the hearts of men. One of those cops had many complaints against him, and that is undeniable. But the reason that became about race, is because of a pattern of behavior with cops and blacks and the way they are handled. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.1.87  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.83    4 years ago

Vic, 

That would make them self hating and I just don't see white people walking around hating themselves for being white. But thanks for the blessings :)

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.88  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.82    4 years ago
He said today that he doubted the incident was race motivated. He needs more evidence, yet he needed no evidence in the case of George Floyd.

Vic, I am going to defend JR (and really anyone, including you) from dishonest attacks (in select circumstances).  But I am not going to cross the line into trying to figure out all the reasons he has underlying his opinions.   Only JR knows the mind of JR.

To wit, if you have further questions/challenges of JR then ask him.   I object to presumption; not to probative questions or challenging debate arguments.   Asking direct questions of a person is the way to avoid presumption.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.89  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.86    4 years ago
I don't know what each cop was thinking.

Did you that the other cops were rookies and Chauvin was training them?

Only they do, so I don't guess what is in the hearts of men

That is not the point. I wanted JR to be consistent and he is not.

But the reason that became about race, is because of a pattern of behavior with cops and blacks and the way they are handled.

A progressive LIE

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.90  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.83    4 years ago
I happen to think that white progressives are today's racists.

As we all know that is ridiculous. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.91  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.89    4 years ago

Vic you should be grateful that Newstalkers allows you a platform for your endless displays of white grievance.  Personally, I would be embarrassed , but you just keep soldiering on. 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
9.1.92  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  CB @9.1.75    4 years ago
Or maybe it is the evil in the perpetrators' hearts that no one should involve themselves in this 'business' of theirs.

That happens more than I think most people know.

GregTx
PhD Guide
9.1.93  GregTx  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.68    4 years ago

I didn't claim they were all racist, I'm sure like most mobs there are more than a few opportunistic cowards. But racism was definitely present.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.94  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.88    4 years ago
I object to presumption;

You keep saying presumption. He made a statement: He doubts race was involved. He can't explain why.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.95  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @9.1.90    4 years ago

"We all"?   No John, you are still not in the majority. Progressives do all the voting in primaries, the rest of the dems go along. 

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.96  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.70    4 years ago

Vic! What the heaven are you talking about? People talk and associate together. Imitation is a form of flattery. It is not to be exploited in discussion. Do stop seeing politics in every facet of (black American) life or you will soon be guilty of accusing Enimem for his rap flow and lyrics and accusing me for my degree of political proficiency!

As the Supreme Court established in principle: We know 'obscenity' when we see it. It comes in the form of past history and personal experiences.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9.1.97  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.94    4 years ago

LOL. I dont assume every time a black person commits a crime on a white person that it is done out of race hatred. You are right about that. 

One time a black guy tried to strong arm rob me on the subway. I didnt assume he was doing it because I was white and it turned out later that the same guy had tried to rob a bunch of people on the subway that day, of all colors. 

Get back to me when you have some proof the white guy in Portland was beaten up because he is white. 

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.98  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.73    4 years ago

Can you unequivocally state that Donald Trump does not message to you, his supporters, through (mean) tweets, television, Fox News,  and rallies?

Incidentally, black Americans do not have a problem telling white people when they have pushed the narrative too far. What Hillary did was a 'funny' to blacks. Not to conservatives, but then again y'all don't like here so there is that.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.99  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.98    4 years ago

Attention, shoppers!

Today we have a special on deflections!

Free!

And, please, deflection clean-up pile on Aisle 3!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.100  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.94    4 years ago

Take if up with JR Vic.   As I noted, I am not going to go from defending against presumption to trying to explain his thought process.   You are basically demanding that I now presume to know JR's mind.   Go to the source, Vic.   That is logical, right?

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.101  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.99    4 years ago

So, . . . you can not state it? Got it. Trump gets another "skip" card from Texan!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.102  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.101    4 years ago

Just so you'll know for in the future:

I don't answer to your demands of what I say.

I won't play 20 questions with you.

I don't take to deflectors well, either.

Now, where IS that clean-up boy for aisle 3?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.103  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.75    4 years ago
There has to be a reason (or not) for why this man was followed back to his truck.

Wow, that is pretty definitive there!

THUGS beat the man, period. You can pretty it up or attempt to justify it if you choose. But one thing will remain, as always--the truth, which is THUGS attacked the man.

Lowlife, scumbag THUGS who should be caged like the animals they are.

However, there is no evidence that these are BLM protestors. It could just be a co-opting of the name based on the activities above! As you can imagine, BLM won't be long in the tank as an organization if this is itsbrandingmethod!

BLM will be around as long as Democrats continue to bow down and cave in to them. BLM MAY have been hijacked, but I see no evidence of that, and their actions tell us a different story anyways.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.104  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.85    4 years ago

So since you went there: What do (Trump) conservatives want from Blacks, and what are you willing to give up to get blacks engaged in republican politics en masse? And no you simply can not offer the status quo (more of the same)!

And what did (Trump) conservatism do to turn off other white people?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.105  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.104    4 years ago

Why would Republicans have to give anything up to court blacks. and even more importantly, why should they?

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.106  CB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.86    4 years ago

The reason for me that George Floyd's killing became a murder steeped in racial overtones is white officer mashes life out of black man on public street - while black man is held down, crying, and begging for his life before a crowd of pleading for his life witnesses. Then, after black man 'expires' he is unceremoniously packed away in a 'cart' for an unscheduled burial at some future date. And here is the clincher: The officers want to be free, paid for this 'service,' unapologetic even, and returned to their professional duties.

That's racial/racist!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.1.107  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @9.1.104    4 years ago

Isn't providing jobs a reasonable approach?

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.108  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.102    4 years ago

I don't care, Texan. In your own way; you are 'amusing.' Maybe we're twins?

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.109  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.103    4 years ago
BLM MAY have been hijacked.

Well, that pretty definitive there too, Texan!

Let me see if I can set you straight about this one thing: I posted the several videos on the subject for us to watch, analyze, and 'reason with.' I do not support any one who beats up otherwise innocent people, but I do not call 'one-offs' situations mean names just because a door is open for me to take the opportunity to throw piss and shit on people. 

So you carry on with your name-callings. If the shoe fits overtime I may join you with a name or several myself—or not. I leave myself options. That comes from life experiences I can not afford to deny.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.110  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.105    4 years ago

Because poverty impedes power. Republicans can not stick with the notion of merely no minimum wage, low-minimum wage, or a so-called "living" wage. Like this nation's majority white residents, black people deserve equal shares of acquired wealth—and not just more and more and more labor. Black people need to vote for (black) wealth! Wealth is a tool of political power.

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.111  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.1.107    4 years ago

See @9.1.10. Black people need more than additional hard labor on behalf and for the benefit of other groups. They need a (new) system which respects their talents and abilities to rise up shoulder to shoulder with white wealth and access to greater financial tools.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.112  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.1.110    4 years ago

Are you suggesting that the Democrats' decades-long famous "War on Poverty" has not been a success?

The same poor people Democrats have been "helping" all these decades?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.114  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.38    4 years ago

Take your snarky condescending remarks to someone else.

I won't tolerate any more.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.115  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.114    4 years ago

If you cannot handle being challenged, why opine in a social forum?

Stand up to the challenge.   Make a rebuttal.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.116  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.115    4 years ago

I don't need, want, or will tolerate any further snarky, condescending comments from you.

I wrote in very plain English, so not really sure what part is escaping your "understanding".

No need to reply, unless you just have to have the last word.

We are finished.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.117  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.116    4 years ago

Use the ignore function if you cannot deal with your comments being challenged.   That way you will not see the rebuttal and can pretend that your comments are all perfectly sound and indisputable.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.118  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.117    4 years ago

I HAD you on ignore, and then decided to give you yet another chance. 

You blew it, however, with your endless condescension.

I can easily ignore tripe when I read it, which I will be doing with all further posts from you until you learn to speak to me correctly.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.119  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.118    4 years ago

Tex, I am quite happy for you to place me on ignore.   The comments you just expressed here are typical of what you offer.   It is always you making allegations and playing victim instead of dealing with a genuine challenge made by me.  

If you think placing someone on ignore is some kind of punishment for the individual then by all means exercise your punishment.    jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.120  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.119    4 years ago

once again, reading comprehension is fundamental.

I hope you learn one day.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.1.121  TᵢG  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.120    4 years ago

I challenged your comments and instead of dealing with it you engage in derogatory meta.   This is why I applaud you placing me on ignore.  If so, you would have not triggered these comments.   And the fact that you would not answer my challenge does not matter because, point of fact, in all these subsequent comments you did not answer my challenge anyway.

Ignore = net gain for everyone.   Make it so!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.122  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @9.1.121    4 years ago

Fight On!

and take ALL your crap with you.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
9.1.123  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.122    4 years ago
Fight On!

too funny Tex, too funny

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.124  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.112    4 years ago

So you went there. . . .

I am suggesting that republicans with their conservative think-tanks and their properly 'backward-fixated' mirrors have been screwing black Americans and other minorities for decades, centuries even. It is partially the reason why you, a Trump conservative, detest progressives with their liberal points of view and social justice movements.

So just stop pretending to shed your conservative activities and intentions-designed to keep what some of you conservatives perceive to be 'opponents' and "competitors rather than fellow travelers on the one-way road of life down, second-class (Other), and last-when the focus is turned on.

Republicans scandalize, marginalize, groan and moan, and discount negotiate everything to do with progressivism. It is non-stop 'bitchin' that lasts generations and lifetimes too!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
9.1.125  arkpdx  replied to  CB @9.1.124    4 years ago
screwing black Americans and other minorities for decades, centuries even.

Oh please! It's been the Democrats, liberals, and progressives haves been screwing the minorities for longer than anyone. It was Woodrow Wilson, a democrat and a progressive that brought back segregation back to the government. It was Margret Sanger, a progressive, who founded planned  parenthood and placed it's offices in minority neighborhoods to further her eugenics plans. It is the left and the Democrats and the progressives who promise everything to the minorites and fail to follow thru.

It was a conservative Republican President that managed the economy that ,until covid 19, brought jobs and prosperity to the Black and Latino communities., While the left just whines and moaned

CB
Professor Principal
9.1.126  CB  replied to  arkpdx @9.1.125    4 years ago

I suppose you think black Americans do not know how and who to thank for their 'butter'? We're just a loose group of individuals who are down on the republican party for helping us, while up on democrats and progressives for politically hurting and ruining us?

Oh please! Have you ever supported a cause that hurt you and your life experiences?

Black people are not into political sadomasochism! And so, you can point to any one or several historical periods of democratic party racist tendencies and then I will ask you what has the republican party done for blacks in America lately?

Further, I would ask you if a great economy is all a working nation such as our requires to fulfill its proper dimensions. No!

COVID-19, dreadful as it is, is precisely the stark reminder we needed to 'gallop' across the planet and remind the world that treasure is great and still it is not everything! Too much focus on money, has exposed weaknesses of the soul of Donald Trump and his supporters messaging.

Incidentally, your fellow excommunicated republicans and conservatives have been seriously making that case in their own ways recently.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9.2  Sunshine  replied to  CB @9    4 years ago

Only people I heard using the n word where the blm thugs.  

CB
Professor Principal
9.2.1  CB  replied to  Sunshine @9.2    4 years ago

Technically, I heard somebody using the "N" word vernacular frequently. I can't say who it is only. BTW, I am not identifying who the "culprits" are in these scenes. I know I see 'regulars' appearing in each distinct stage (moving in and out of frames). I have had a few minutes to reflect on not knowing who/what identity they are representing. Now then, can you point to a portion where BLM is explicitly clarified in a clip?

That said, the video (taken down by Youtube) was raw footage—maybe too raw for Youtube. It was extremely sad to watch.

CB
Professor Principal
9.3  CB  replied to  CB @9    4 years ago

The @9 video is back up! Youtube put the 14 minute video back up! Check it out!

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
9.3.1  JaneDoe  replied to  CB @9.3    4 years ago

Thanks for posting the whole video. I had heard on the news yesterday that the man who was beaten had stopped to help someone. I tried to find more about it and couldn’t.

It’s beyond disturbing when a Good Samaritan, trying to help another fellow citizen gets beat unconscious for his good deed. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.3.2  TᵢG  replied to  JaneDoe @9.3.1    4 years ago
It’s beyond disturbing when a Good Samaritan, trying to help another fellow citizen gets beat unconscious for his good deed. 

If that is the case then I am even more beyond words to express my disgust.   Good grief WTF is wrong with some people?

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
9.3.3  JaneDoe  replied to  TᵢG @9.3.2    4 years ago
WTF is wrong with some people?

I wish I could answer that question. Some just seem to have hate instead of kindness in their hearts.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
9.3.5  JaneDoe  replied to  Kathleen @9.3.4    4 years ago

It is beyond sad. I just can’t imagine being so full of hate.

CB
Professor Principal
9.3.7  CB  replied to  JaneDoe @9.3.1    4 years ago

"Good Samaritan" could have been any one of us. That is beyond disturbing!

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
9.3.8  JaneDoe  replied to  CB @9.3.7    4 years ago

100% agreed!

CB
Professor Principal
9.3.9  CB  replied to  TᵢG @9.3.2    4 years ago

@9 timestamp 3:47 the young man in blue (with the truck door open) is the man (Samaritan?) later kicked unconscious.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
9.3.10  JaneDoe  replied to  Kathleen @9.3.6    4 years ago

It was very hard to watch. No matter how much you think you are prepared for what is about to happen you are left speechless and sick to the stomach.

CB
Professor Principal
9.3.11  CB  replied to  JaneDoe @9.3.3    4 years ago

I watched the pain escalating up until I could not 'bear' but scream out in my spirit: "Uh-uh! This is wrong."

That said, I am not a pink-foot baby, I have seen how the static in the air can ignite passions and blow them all out of proportions!

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
9.3.12  KDMichigan  replied to  TᵢG @9.3.2    4 years ago
If that is the case then I am even more beyond words to express my disgust.

So a man being beaten unconscious by a gang of thugs isn't as bad as one who was trying to help someone. You can see in the damn video he is helping the trans guy. and you see the thug walk up and spray him with something in the face why'll he is sitting in his truck. If BLM wants to play wild west I think we should play wild west.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.3.13  TᵢG  replied to  KDMichigan @9.3.12    4 years ago
So a man being beaten unconscious by a gang of thugs isn't as bad as one who was trying to help someone.

On nice, now we KDMichigan trying to reframe my comments.  

Let me spell this out for you nice and clear.

• Scenario 1:  Man tries to help another person and gets beat up for trying to help.
  • Scenario 2:  Man gets beat up ... reasons unknown.

Scenario 1 is more egregious than scenario 2 because in 1 the reason for being beat up is because of trying to be a good person.   Beat up for trying to help someone.    There is no reason stated in scenario 2.  

Which is more disgusting to you, a man being beat up (unknown reason, if any) or a man being beat up because he tried to help someone?   And if you equivocate to:  'they are both disgusting' (or equivalent) then I will ask you why you made your comment to me.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
9.3.14  KDMichigan  replied to  TᵢG @9.3.13    4 years ago

So totally cherry picked my comment to spin and sputter a response...color me shocked.

From the video I'm totally disgusted by either scenario. 

spin and sputter that.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.3.15  TᵢG  replied to  KDMichigan @9.3.14    4 years ago

Trolling; knock it off.   I have expressed my disgust for both scenarios.   In response to your post, I clearly explained how I see things.  Instead of making a thoughtful response, you just toss out a bullshit allegation and run away.

Go figure out something of value to add to the topic rather than dishonestly try to reframe my comments.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
9.3.16  KDMichigan  replied to  TᵢG @9.3.15    4 years ago
I have expressed my disgust for both scenarios.

No one made you more disgusted.

I am even more beyond words to express my disgust.

So far as I have gathered three of the BLM members seen a guy video taping them at their rally in front of the justice building. they made him leave and were escorting him away when they started accosting him. Then the transgender guy intervened, this I seen on video of the BLM  thugs start to accost him, have you seen it the guy wearing the black flack vest that has security in bold white letters on back of it? Security for who? Proud boys? some alt right group? they knock him down and start grabbing at his shit, they steal his phone then his back pack. Then the guy in the pick up truck tries to help the Transgender guy. then you see them messing with that guy while he is is sitting in his truck. You see a woman try to help him and she gets took out and slammed to the ground. then it appears to me they sprayed the white ford truck guy in the face with something, I'm guessing mace since after he peeled out of there he crashed his truck, then you see him pulled from his truck and accosted. I noticed that the guy who was involved in all three of the beatings was the black flack vest wearing 'security' guy. which appears to be the guy that delivered the kick to the head.

So now we have four people assaulted because one guy was filming a BLM rally. My question to you is does that make you super duper more beyond words to express your disgust? because it only took the one for me.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.3.17  TᵢG  replied to  KDMichigan @9.3.16    4 years ago
My question to you is does that make you super duper more beyond words to express your disgust? because it only took the one for me.

So let me get this straight.   I have repeatedly expressed disgust at what has taken place.   You, for some bizarre reason, are actually complaining that I find attacking someone simply for altruistically trying to help another human being more disgusting than attacking someone for no cause.

I have already explained my reasoning.  What I find curious is that you seem more concerned that I can have levels of disgust than you have about the actual topic of this seed.  

I am curious though.   On a battlefield, if a medic runs out to care for a fallen soldier, do you see any moral/ethical/humane difference in him getting shot in this act of altruistic heroism (he is not firing at the enemy, he is just caring for a wounded soldier) versus a soldier who is engaging the enemy?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
9.3.18  KDMichigan  replied to  TᵢG @9.3.17    4 years ago
that I can have levels of disgust than you have about the actual topic of this seed.  

Oh your right. Now that you posted the medic scenario I am super duper more disgusted for the 3 people that got attacked for helping. I'm only disgusted for the camera guy now. Thanks for shedding the light.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.3.19  TᵢG  replied to  KDMichigan @9.3.18    4 years ago

Happy to be of service.

Sometimes it is good just to agree with people when you are actually in agreement.   We both were disgusted by what we observed; we were in rare agreement.   What value is there in trying to pick a fight over nits?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.4  TᵢG  replied to  CB @9    4 years ago

Well, again, I do not have words strong enough to express my disgust with the behavior shown in these videos.   This looks like primal behavior lacking any evolved reasoning.

CB
Professor Principal
9.4.1  CB  replied to  TᵢG @9.4    4 years ago

As I slept last night, each time I awakened, this dystopian scene would come to mind: Richard Denny being stoned by rioters. It was sickening then on television and it is sickening today!

LA Riots, Raw footage of Reginald Denny beatings - April 29, 1992

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.4.3  TᵢG  replied to  dennis smith @9.4.2    4 years ago

Yup, this is out of control.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
9.4.4  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  CB @9.4.1    4 years ago

Good thing that the LA Riots only lasted a few days.

All that destruction. I keep saying that the cities that have had riots already aren't about to have another one... I know Detroit is good; they're not stupid enough to repeat history. I'm pretty sure LA isn't about to repeat history either... their history is far fresher than Detroit's.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  CB @9    4 years ago

This is totally disgusting. These people who did that to that man, deserve to be arrested and do time. That is assault, plain and simple and these people are animals. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.5.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.5    4 years ago
and these people are animals. 

That makes 3 of us who had the guts to say it!

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.5.3  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.5.1    4 years ago
That makes 3 of us who had the guts to say it!

Seems to me the vast majority here are saying that.   I count way more than 3.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.5.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @9.5.3    4 years ago
Seems to me the vast majority here are saying that.  

In their own way, yes. But I believe it has only been Perrie, Trump and I that have used that term.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.5.5  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.5.4    4 years ago

My use of 'primal' does not count (" This looks like primal behavior lacking any evolved reasoning. ")?    I am feeling slighted.     jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.5.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  XDm9mm @9.5.2    4 years ago

I didn't see anyone take a running kick to his head. If that is what happened then you are right. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
9.5.7  TᵢG  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.5.6    4 years ago

It is at the end, although it seemed like an arm was used but who knows what the fist was carrying.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.5.8  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.5.6    4 years ago

Watch the video at #9.   Around 9:20.    The running kick is what knocked him out.

These people are rabid animals and deserve to be treated accordingly

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.5.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @9.5.5    4 years ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
9.5.11  JaneDoe  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.5.4    4 years ago

I referred to them as animals and savages 21hours ago @7. I have the guts to say what I think of them!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.5.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  JaneDoe @9.5.11    4 years ago

So you did! 

Jane, I apologize.

It's now a foursome

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
9.5.14  JaneDoe  replied to  Vic Eldred @9.5.12    4 years ago

No need for apologies. You can call me a lot of things but not gutless! 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.5.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  JaneDoe @9.5.14    4 years ago
You can call me a lot of things but not gutless! 

That I would never do - Iv'e noted the way you have come to the defense of others.

CB
Professor Principal
9.5.16  CB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.5    4 years ago

The whole scene is "ghetto" and indecent. I am perceiving that all the good, decent protestors have gone home or evacuated. This leaves the hardcore riff-raff elements out and about in the night! Of course, many of them seek their own specific outcomes and barely can be reasoned with.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
9.5.19  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Sparty On @9.5.8    4 years ago

Yes. Exactly. I heard the two thuds and I almost puked. I know what it feels like to have my head hit concrete... it made me puke.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.6  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9    4 years ago
So very damn sad.

It is way beyond sad. It is infuriating, sickening, reprehensible, disgusting.

Do these animals masquerading as people deserve to live in America?

CB
Professor Principal
9.6.1  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.6    4 years ago

That is a loaded question. Do you mind repackaging it? I will answer it (one way or the other) if you do!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.6.2  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.6.1    4 years ago
That is a loaded question. Do you mind repackaging it? I will answer it (one way or the other) if you do!

Oh, FFS.

COME ON, dude.

It is a simple QUESTION.

Why do you need it "repackaged" for your delicate consumption? 

Is it something you don't understand?

What part, maybe I can illuminate it for you.

never mind, you answered the question like you have all my others---NOT AT ALL.

SOSDD with you.

charger 383
Professor Silent
9.6.3  charger 383  replied to  Texan1211 @9.6    4 years ago

NO!

CB
Professor Principal
9.6.4  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @9.6.2    4 years ago

Look Texan. I don't call people, "animals."  I don't even call that 'thing' masquerading as a "concerned leader" in the White House an animal. Take your cleverly devised and calibrated incessant 'poking' and either come back with a question I can address civilly or I will have nothing to do with it. Dig?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.6.5  Texan1211  replied to  CB @9.6.4    4 years ago

buzz off.

Ender
Professor Principal
10  Ender    4 years ago

I have stayed out of this but decided to give my opinion.

These people do nothing but hurt the cause they are supposedly fighting for.

They are not needed and not wanted and fuck them for damaging any fight against injustice.

They are not part of a cause but part of the problem.

With video, they will be identified.

CB
Professor Principal
10.1  CB  replied to  Ender @10    4 years ago

Agreed. And thank you for stating it in plain (powerful) words. This is/was not right. It was simply 'street violence.' You can even see girls involved in the fighting. And here, young women egging the guys to do extreme damage to the fallen man. It is sickening and it needs to end now in Portland.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  CB @10.1    4 years ago
It is sickening and it needs to end now in Portland.

It will end when:

A. Voters get tired of having their city compromised and subject to attack, or

B. The elected officials start representing ALL of their constituents and not just caving in to thugs.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1.1    4 years ago

Tex, there is an political implication in all of this - it supposedly ends if the country elects Biden!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.2    4 years ago

And if that happens, it will just solidify how messed up it has been from the start .......

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.2    4 years ago
Tex, there is an political implication in all of this - it supposedly ends if the country elects Biden!

Ahhh.   So is that how people are interpreting JR's comments;  the presumption that JR thinks this is all Trump's fault?

Could be.  Maybe someone should ask JR.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @10.1.3    4 years ago

It adds to the nation's misery. We have all of the death from the coronavirus. We forfeited a robust economy. We have ongoing riots in American cities, which are happening via the consent of mayors and we have the prospect of children not being able to go back to school. Key states to the revival of the nation's economy are pretty much still on lockdown.

Joe Biden spilled the beans the other day - he said everyone should have to wear masks for at least the next three months!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @10.1.4    4 years ago
So is that how people are interpreting JR's comments;

No, TiG, that has nothing to do with JR. We are talking about the politics of the riots.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.6    4 years ago

Okay; understood.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.2    4 years ago

Right.

Just like the "peaceful protests" will soon start in Portland.

I am sure all will be well if only Hidin' Biden and Harris win.

They are a sure thing, too, right?

""I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking woman. I mean, that's a storybook, man." — 

I did change one word from this sterling quote from Hidin' Biden.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1.8    4 years ago

He's made a lot of comments that give us insight into his beliefs. He still panders to black voters shamelessly.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
10.1.11  Sunshine  replied to  gooseisgone @10.1.10    4 years ago
blaming Trump for all this shit.

Laughable when it is Biden supporters turning these cities into hell holes.  But many Democrats will believe the stupid shit peddled to them by Biden/Harris and the biased media propaganda.

[deleted]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.12  TᵢG  replied to  gooseisgone @10.1.10    4 years ago
this isn't about JR it's about somehow blaming Trump for all this shit

The collective comments I have been reading sure seem to be focused on JR.   Read your own comment @9.1.25 as a case in point.

CB
Professor Principal
10.1.13  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1.1    4 years ago

If you mean the solution must not be worse than the problem (social injustice or dismissal across the board for minorities), I agree. However, keep in mind, this is one heart-breaking scene out of a plethora of social injustices experienced by minorities (economic, societal, and racial).

Let me be clear. This is individually wrong. The legitimate protestors appear to have departed and the 'trash' is out 'rolling up' the streets!

CB
Professor Principal
10.1.14  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.9    4 years ago

Trump does not pander? Donald does not tweet and travel to events doing "show and tell" for his supporter consideration and approval? How about when he tries out "new material" with his audience for effect? If Donald does not pander, what do you like about Trump? Do tell.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @10.1.14    4 years ago

No, Iv'e never seen the President pander to a minority, telling them "They want to put you back in chains!"  OMG, no wonder we are seeing such violence.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  CB @10.1.13    4 years ago
If you meanthe solution must not be worse than the problem (social injustice or dismissal across the board for minorities), I agree. However, keep in mind, this is oneheart-breakingscene out of a plethora of social injustices experienced by minorities (economic, societal, and racial). Let me be clear. This is individually wrong.The legitimate protestorsappear to have departed and the 'trash' is out 'rolling up' the streets!

Thugs are thugs. Doesn't matter what color or economic group they belong to.

And the people who voted in the politicians who condone or put up with the trifling nonsense are to blame as much as anyone. Vote some decent leadership in and maybe the city can return to some sense of normalcy. Of course, voters really had no way of knowing they elected a bunch of pussies.

Or, maybe the freaking politicians can grow spines and do right by their tax-paying constituents.

Yeah, like that will happen!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
10.1.17  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.5    4 years ago
Joe Biden spilled the beans the other day - he said everyone should have to wear masks for at least the next three months!

Spilled the bean to what? Something that many states have already been doing?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
10.1.18  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  gooseisgone @10.1.10    4 years ago
I agree with Vic, this isn't about JR it's about somehow blaming Trump for all this shit.

Believe me, if John was trying to blame this on Trump, he would have. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.19  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @10.1.17    4 years ago
Spilled the bean to what?

That all of this misery is for the election.  An election that Trump can't win without an economic recovery. Isn't that why governors in NY, Ill and CA want to keep everything shut down?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.20  TᵢG  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @10.1.18    4 years ago

LOL

CB
Professor Principal
10.1.21  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.15    4 years ago

Have you seen and heard Donald pander to you? Be consistent and direct, please.

CB
Professor Principal
10.1.22  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1.16    4 years ago

You are kidding right. Trump is a bold-faced liar and you stand shoulder to shoulder with his push to authoritarianism. So,. . . are you the blame for condoning the nonsense that is non status quo in this presidency? One thing about those republicans left, leaving, and heaved out on their ears of the party; they are consistent in wanting the status quo (of old). Trump and the new/old GOP are a whole 'nother matter.

Who's the "pussies" now? (No offense to my wonderful women friends and fellows here.)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.23  Texan1211  replied to  CB @10.1.22    4 years ago
Trump is a bold-faced liar and you stand shoulder to shoulder with his push to authoritarianism.

Sorry, I simply refuse to go all Chicken Little every time your President takes a breath. And your declaration about me is simply your own narrow opinion, which carries no special weight. I advise you to keep your personal feelings about me out of this.

Who's the "pussies" now?

If it is still unclear to you, nothing I say could shed any enlightenment for you.

That is something you will have to figure out on your own.

Or not, apparently.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.25  TᵢG  replied to  gooseisgone @10.1.24    4 years ago
JR's hope that this guy said something to somehow justify getting beat to death ...

Really?  This is JR's hope?   Is that what JR indicated?   Have you asked him if this is his hope?

I am not conflating anything.  If you cannot see how many comments are focused on JR then you are not looking.   And, as I noted, you should start by looking at your own comments such as the one @ 9.1.25 which unfortunately now has moderated out your attack on JR.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.26  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @10.1.25    4 years ago

These guys have been behaving like this for years. 

The video simply does not reveal a motive for attacking him although the one guy who did all the physical damage to the guy says at one point that the white guy tried to run people over with his vehicle (so at least in that one guy's mind that may have been the motive) but I didnt see any evidence of that either. As someone else said , most of the people in these videos seemed more like drug addicts than social justice protesters. How do we even know they are "black lives matter" members ? 

It well maybe the the main motivation for the beating was racial, but I didnt see much evidence of that in these videos. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.28  TᵢG  replied to  gooseisgone @10.1.27    4 years ago

When you talk of a member in a comment you lose the privilege to tell others that they cannot challenge your comment's claims of said member.

CB
Professor Principal
10.1.29  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @10.1.23    4 years ago

Me think thou does protest too much! The evidence of your points of view betray you. I see your political perspectives as they appear. Perhaps, you can borrow my 'light'?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1.30  Texan1211  replied to  CB @10.1.29    4 years ago

You're kind of funny.

I like that.

CB
Professor Principal
10.1.31  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.26    4 years ago

During the protest 60's, black mothers did not want their young children to hang around protests between grown-ass adults; because 'spirits,' real and other, will arise and be imbibed. And when hell invariably breaks loose, many people will be bruised, battered, 'wrecked,' and not aware of what, why, how, to whom, it all happened. There will be many storylines in this "naked city" accounting. Many points of views - some real others imagined.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.33  TᵢG  replied to  gooseisgone @10.1.32    4 years ago
Goosie @ 10.1.24 You are conflating two points, JR's hope that this guy said something to somehow justify getting beat to death(almost) and the riots (excuse me peaceful protests) are being blamed on Trump, I don't know if JR thinks these are Trump's fault but, the media and the liberals are trying to pin it on him. 

Here jrSmiley_115_smiley_image.png you are talking about JR.   I replied to this very comment with:

TiG @ 10.1.25 ☞ Really?  This is JR's hope?   Is that what JR indicated?   Have you asked him if this is his hope?

... to which you reply:

Goosie @ 10.1.27 I already told you this isn't about JR or his comment.  ...

You spoke of JR.   I replied to your comments on JR.   You then tell me this is not about JR.    Basically telling me my comment was inappropriate.

Sorry, that is not how discourse works.   When you talk of a member in a comment you lose the privilege to tell others that they cannot challenge your comment's claims of said member.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.35  TᵢG  replied to  gooseisgone @10.1.34    4 years ago

Not going to play your stupid game anymore goosie.   If you mention JR in a comment and I rebut your comment, I get to mention JR too.   It is part of the established context.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10.1.37  TᵢG  replied to  gooseisgone @10.1.36    4 years ago

Non sequitur.   Your comment has nothing to do with what you and I were discussing.

Moving to your shift in context, I would say that Trump should not get blamed for that which is not his fault.    But if you pay attention to history, the PotUS tends to get credit and blame for things that have been beyond his control.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @10    4 years ago

As of yet, none have been arrested!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kathleen @10.2.1    4 years ago

Ted Wheeler is the mayor. I wouldn't bet the mortgage money on anything being done.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.2.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kathleen @10.2.3    4 years ago
Lets wait and see what happens with this...

The good news is that Portland Police have identified the prime assault perpetrator.

The bad news is they are asking him to give himself up!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
11  arkpdx    4 years ago

Yes because trying to get away from thugs that just beat your wife/girlfriend and possibly a trans woman quickly is just so provocative. 

CB
Professor Principal
11.1  CB  replied to  arkpdx @11    4 years ago

I know you are mocking my comment and in this case it's okay - even expected. However, I agree with you. As I have been saying throughout, I have seen a 14 minute clip mostly congruous with few missing segments. And, it does not look good on the part of the angry 'mob' whomsoever these people out on the street represent. Some people, plural, need to go to jail and if a court determines prison time.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  CB @11.1    4 years ago

Thugs belong in only two places--graves or prisons.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
11.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.1    4 years ago
Thugs belong in only two places--graves or prisons.

I agree, especially the right wing thugs like the  [removed]  bois and other right wing infil'traitors' and right wing extremists who have been behind murders, fires and attacks at many protests.

If some within the Jewish population hold resentment and prejudice against German people, it's somewhat understandable after they watched 7 million of their fellow Jews tortured and murdered by some of the German populace and government. But that prejudice, while perhaps understandable, is still not acceptable.

If some within the black population hold resentment and prejudice towards white people, it's somewhat understandable after they have seen how black Americans have been treated since before our founding. But that prejudice, while perhaps understandable, is still not acceptable.

If some within the white population hold resentment and prejudice towards black Americans, it's simply not understandable considering it was they and their ancestors who have either taken a hand in the discrimination and systemic inequality or indirectly benefited from a society built from the vestiges of slavery, degradation, segregation and prejudice against fellow citizens for no other reason than they were racists. That prejudice is not understandable or acceptable in any shape or form. It's simply privileged whites punching down.

Nothing justifies this attack and those acting out in violence should be arrested and held accountable for their vile actions, whether black, white or any other race or culture. It seem that this attack appears to be a testament to the current anger, bitter resentment and frustration of a relatively small number of anarchists among a much larger movement of peaceful protestors simply standing up for equal rights. The peaceful protestors do need to do a better job of self-policing as conservative fear mongers are simply using any outbreak of violence or vandalism at any protest to paint the whole movement as violent insurgents.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.1.4    4 years ago
I agree, especially the right wing thugs like the  REMOVED  bois and other right wing infil'traitors' and right wing extremists who have been behind murders, fires and attacks at many protests.

A thug is a thug is a thug. You should do law enforcement a favor and present all your evidence to them.

(banned word removed for context, by Charger)

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
11.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.5    4 years ago
You should do law enforcement a favor and present all your evidence to them.

"Man charged in the killing of a California cop wrote phrases related to the 'Boogaloo Bois' extremist group in blood before his arrest, according to report"

You'll notice at 1:42 they admit they are Boogaloo bois and "Love Donald Trump".

Also note that anyone who has to say four times in just under two minutes "We're not racist" is almost certainly racist.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.1.4    4 years ago

Didn't this happen blocks away from the peaceful protesters?

Sounds like outside agitators to me.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.1.6    4 years ago

Gee, that's swell and all, but WTF does it have to do with my post?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
11.1.9  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1.8    4 years ago
Gee, that's swell and all, but WTF does it have to do with my post?

You said I should "present all" my "evidence" to the police if I had any of the Boogaloo bois and right wing fascists infiltrating protests. I linked several cases which the police already know about and there have been arrests of these right wing extremists. I recall hearing some here claiming the Oakland killing of a security guard was somehow evidence of violent ANTIFA or BLM members, but of course it turned out to be a slimy piece of shit infiltrating right wing Boogaloo Boi.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.1.9    4 years ago
You said I should "present all" my "evidence" to the police if I had any of the banded word removed for context by charger)  bois and right wing fascists infiltrating protests. I linked several cases which the police already know about and there have been arrests of these right wing extremists. I recall hearing some here claiming the Oakland killing of a security guard was somehow evidence of violent ANTIFA or BLM members, but of course it turned out to be a slimy piece of shit infiltrating right wing Boogaloo Boi.

Sorry, I figured the statement would only make sense if you had NEW evidence. Sorry I wasn't literal enough for you in this case.

And presenting it here is hardly presenting it to the police, but should I assume you already know that?

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
11.1.11  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.1.4    4 years ago
...considering it was they and their ancestors who have either taken a hand in the discrimination and systemic inequality or indirectly benefited from a society built from the vestiges of slavery, degradation, segregation and prejudice against fellow citizens for no other reason than they were racists.

You say that like everyone has ancestors that owned slaves at some point or another. I'm proud to say that my family [in Canada, MI, and WI; Native American, French, Irish and Haitian] helped fight against slavery and helped slaves escape their southern "owners." Some married the people they helped escape... hence the Haitian. Not everyone that has ancestry that goes that far back owned slaves. 

I wish more people could be accepting and loving of each other. It hurts my heart to see the ugly things going on.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  gooseisgone @11.1.14    4 years ago
"Please tell that to the parents of, Cannon Hinnant."

What does this child's murder have to do with Black Lives Matter?

The person who murdered this little boy deserves the death penalty as far as I'm concerned but again what does this child's death have to do with Black Lives Matter?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
11.1.16  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @11.1.15    4 years ago
What does this child's murder have to do with Black Lives Matter?

I believe some here are simply trying to justify their hate of black people in general. It's sad to watch, but there it is.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.1.16    4 years ago
 believe some here are simply trying to justify their hate of black people in general. It's sad to watch, but there it is.

Sanctimonious bullSHIT through and through.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.20  Tessylo  replied to  gooseisgone @11.1.19    4 years ago
Don't you just hate when you post something stupid and it gets thrown back in your face, all you can do is reply to someone who has no idea of what's going on.

You haven't said how this child's murder has anything to do with Black Lives Matter.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
11.1.21  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  gooseisgone @11.1.19    4 years ago
all you can do is reply to someone who has no idea of what's going on.

So true, but the fact you clearly have no idea what's going on isn't really my fault now is it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
11.1.22  Tessylo  replied to  gooseisgone @11.1.19    4 years ago

Still waiting for your proof that this child's murder had anything to do with Black Lives Matter.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
13  MonsterMash    4 years ago

I was watching a show called Nazi Death Squads on AHC last night, it had footage of Jews being attacked and beaten in the streets by Nazi goons. Portland and some other democrat run cities look pretty much like it.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
15  KDMichigan    4 years ago

I'm sure this puts the left wingers in quite the quandary. 

Man gets beat up after helping transgender. Oh my god it must have been them alt right agitators trying to make the BLM movement look bad..

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
16  Dismayed Patriot    4 years ago

After watching the full video, a few things become apparent. First, no where in the video do they show any actual organized protests, no one is holding signage or blocking streets, they seem to be at some nearby intersection, so claiming this was a "BLM" mob seems disingenuous at best, intentionally misrepresented at worst. This appears to have occurred somewhere near the protests and at one point some guy says "BLM" as they are harassing the transgender person. Second, the majority of the video presents people who appear either drunk or on drugs, even the transgender person who screams about getting her backpack back so she can get her ID and call her therapist doesn't seem at all sober. I wouldn't be surprised if this had been presented as some random video of violence outside a nightclub in just about any city across America from Miami to Portland.

The one person who should definitely be arrested is the idiot in the ill-labeled "security" vest as he definitely assaulted the driver who, even if misinterpreted as trying to hit anyone with his truck, was not resisting as most around him were asking him to stay put till the cops arrived. There were more people around him that were trying to protect him than there were trying to beat him up. It was one enraged idiot who, after others kept trying to keep him away, who ran up and kicked the man in the face causing his head to smack the pavement that is clearly at fault for this and should be held accountable. The rest of the people there immediately rush to the mans aid, get him off the street and attempt to protect him from further injury while calling out for someone to call 911. It would appear that there were far more peaceful persons there than there were violent thugs. Was there a violent thug? Yes, and he should be charged, arrested and convicted for his violent assault. The rest of those folk were either trying to protect the man or were just drunken idiots attracted to the scene like moths to a flame but didn't appear to be part of any assault.

Why anyone is claiming this is somehow a "BLM mob" beating a white man till unconscious needs to watch the video as the evidence is clear that it was one black man blocks from any actual BLM protests assaulting a white man while at least two or three other black men try and protect the white man. I see far more hope in that scene from the majority of people there than I do hate. Did the perpetrator break the law? Absolutely, and he should be held accountable. But why are there seemingly so many on the right who want to paint the majority of BLM supporters in that broad brush of violence when the actual video shows more black Americans trying to protect the man than trying to hurt him? Isn't that just an attempt to stir up more racial unrest instead of recognizing who the real culprit is and justifiably attacking them instead of proclaiming an entire group or movement guilty of one mans crime?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
16.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @16    4 years ago

Ah yes we were missing the alt left apologist comments on this thread.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
16.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  KDMichigan @16.1    4 years ago
we were missing the alt left apologist

Where in my comment do I defend or apologize for the attacker? I said very clearly he should be charged, arrested and tried for the obvious violent assault.

It appears right wing apologists who regularly try and blame all the violence on the left while refusing to accept the clear violence from right wing infiltrators are trying to paint any and all peaceful protestors as violent thugs with this video which definitely does not show a "BLM mob" beating this man unconscious as the deceptive headline claims coming from the biased Murdoch owned NYPost.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
16.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Kathleen @16.1.2    4 years ago
If it was only 2 that were the violent ones,

There were more than two.  

How about the gals who were tackling and hitting people?   There were at least a couple of those.

Animals ..... one and all

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
16.1.4  KDMichigan  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @16.1.1    4 years ago
It appears right wing apologists

You are the one making post trying to justify it. What the hell does Boogaloo have to do with a people getting accost at a alt-left rally? But but but..

Sparty On
Professor Principal
16.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Kathleen @16.1.5    4 years ago

It was.

CB
Professor Principal
16.2  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @16    4 years ago

There were other scenes of assault @9 to be clear. Including the young women attacks. However, it is not lost on me that a narrative on the right is being "pushed" here. We all have eyes to see, ears to hear, and individual minds to judge everything being shared in this online experience. Peace, DP!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
16.2.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  CB @16.2    4 years ago
There were other scenes of assault @9 to be clear. Including the young women attacks.

I watched the whole thing and there were some others pushing and shoving and some who you could charge with assault. As for the man who was "beat" "unconscious" there is only one man trying at first to punch him as he sits on the ground and later kicks him in the face causing his head to hit the pavement knocking him unconscious. Before that multiple others are trying to fend off the attacker protecting the man and after they see him kicked they immediately attempt to get him out of the street and start asking for someone to call 911 while protecting him. Claiming it was a "BLM mob" who "beat white man unconscious" is a complete lie intended to inflame further racial unrest. It is a false narrative intended to make white Americans afraid of fellow black Americans, pure and simple which is almost as reprehensible as this violent young man who is obviously guilty of felony assault and should be charged, arrested and put on trial for his crime. Some here are trying to convict innocent peaceful protesters by simply claiming this happened at a protest so they must all be criminals. It's a slimy shameful tactic, but it's obvious that those pushing this lie have no shame left.

CB
Professor Principal
16.2.2  CB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @16.2.1    4 years ago

I hear you, I understand, and I agree. Points well established and explained.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
17  Tessylo    4 years ago

"But why are there seemingly so many on the right who want to paint the majority of BLM supporters in that broad brush of violence when the actual video shows more black Americans trying to protect the man than trying to hurt him? Isn't that just an attempt to stir up more racial unrest instead of recognizing who the real culprit is and justifiably attacking them instead of proclaiming an entire group or movement guilty of one mans crime?"

Because it's their favorite boogieman, along with anti-fa.  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
17.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @17    4 years ago
Because it's their favorite boogieman, along with anti-fa.  

Exactly. While most know that the word "thug" simply means a violent person, they knowingly use it almost exclusively in reference to violent black persons as it has become their new "code" word they throw out now that saying the "N" word will expose their deep seated inner prejudices.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
17.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @17.1    4 years ago

Harsh take on joe Biden.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
17.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sean Treacy @17.1.1    4 years ago
Harsh take on joe Biden.

Only in some warped imagination as my comment was clearly in reference to the "many on the right" referred to in Tessylo's comment. I supposed those with poor reading comprehension might be confused, but anyone with more than a 5th grade education should be able to follow the conversation.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
17.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @17.1.2    4 years ago

All Sean ever has is deflection and projection.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
17.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @17.1    4 years ago
Exactly. While most know that the word "thug" simply means a violent person, they knowingly use it almost exclusively in reference to violent black persons as it has become their new "code" word they throw out now that saying the "N" word will expose their deep seated inner prejudices.

When assholes act like thugs, they shouldn't be surprised when they are called what they are.

But it leaves me wondering what the hell YOU would call all the nice, innocent "protesters" who beat the living hell out of someone.

Friends of yours?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
17.1.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @17.1.4    4 years ago
But it leaves me wondering what the hell YOU would call all the nice, innocent "protesters" who beat the living hell out of someone.

You obviously didn't watch the video then. First, there is no evidence that this was anywhere near the protest, this appears to be some random intersection with cars driving by, no organized protest going on, no signs being held, no streets blocked.

Second, as I said above: "The one person who should definitely be arrested is the idiot in the ill-labeled "security" vest as he definitely assaulted the driver who, even if misinterpreted as trying to hit anyone with his truck, was not resisting as most around him were asking him to stay put till the cops arrived. There were more people around him that were trying to protect him than there were trying to beat him up. It was one enraged idiot who, after others kept trying to keep him away, ran up and kicked the man in the face causing his head to smack the pavement that is clearly at fault for this and should be held accountable."

It was one guy who got in a few punches as the man sat on the ground attempting to make a call on his cell phone while several black men attempt to defend him from the one enraged attacker. Before that there is some pushing and shoving, so grabbing of shirts (which could be considered assault or false imprisonment and those who did so should be held accountable). Once the guy with the security shirt on becomes enraged at the mans claim he wasn't trying to hurt anybody, that's when he starts trying to punch the man in the face and other immediately try to pull him away. Several other black men fend off the attacker until he runs out of their range and back around to kick the man in the face which is what obviously caused the actual serious injury as it caused the mans head to hit the pavement. As soon as he's kicked others rush to the mans aid and get him out of the street and protect him.

So what you and others who are lying about this incident by claiming it was a "BLM mob" beating "the living hell" out of a white man are doing is apparently trying to intentionally incite further racial division and fear of black Americans in other white Americans. It's exactly the same thing those sick right wing Boogaloo bois are trying to do, incite a race war or another civil war.

Throwing around loaded words like "thug", which they never seem to use when talking about violent white people like those bigots who ran an unarmed black man down with their truck and shot him, just inflames more tensions and exposes those who use such ugly code words as racist pieces of filth. Now if you start using it to describe white right wing extremists like the Boogaloo bois and the Nazi's and KKK marching in Charlottesville, then "thug" would indeed simply mean a violent person and certainly apply to the man caught on camera committing felony assault who should be charged and prosecuted for his crime. As it is, it's obviously just a code word used to instill fear and incite further racial division.

Friends of yours?

Nice deflection and direct personal attack. I guess when ones argument is so thin, personal attacks are all they have to fall back on.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
17.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @17.1.5    4 years ago

"It was one guy who got in a few punches as the man sat on the ground attempting to make a call on his cell phone while several black men attempt to defend him from the one enraged attacker. Before that there is some pushing and shoving, so grabbing of shirts (which could be considered assault or false imprisonment and those who did so should be held accountable). Once the guy with the security shirt on becomes enraged at the mans claim he wasn't trying to hurt anybody, that's when he starts trying to punch the man in the face and other immediately try to pull him away. Several other black men fend off the attacker until he runs out of their range and back around to kick the man in the face which is what obviously caused the actual serious injury as it caused the mans head to hit the pavement. As soon as he's kicked others rush to the mans aid and get him out of the street and protect him.

So what you and others who are lying about this incident by claiming it was a "BLM mob" beating "the living hell" out of a white man are doing is apparently trying to intentionally incite further racial division and fear of black Americans in other white Americans. It's exactly the same thing those sick right wing Boogaloo bois are trying to do, incite a race war or another civil war.

Throwing around loaded words like "thug", which they never seem to use when talking about violent white people like those bigots who ran an unarmed black man down with their truck and shot him, just inflames more tensions and exposes those who use such ugly code words as racist pieces of filth. Now if you start using it to describe white right wing extremists like the Boogaloo bois and the Nazi's and KKK marching in Charlottesville, then "thug" would indeed simply mean a violent person and certainly apply to the man caught on camera committing felony assault who should be charged and prosecuted for his crime. As it is, it's obviously just a code word used to instill fear and incite further racial division."

You are spot on, as usual, DP.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
17.1.9  bugsy  replied to  dennis smith @17.1.8    4 years ago
"Thug" is now a code word? For what?

Come on, Dennis.

Most liberals like to proclaim certain words as "code words" for what THEY deem as racist, but rational Americans look as just a word to describe someone. This is much like the "dog whistles" they like to claim conservatives say, but THEY are the only ones that hear and react on them, usually violently.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
17.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @17.1.5    4 years ago
You obviously didn't watch the video then.

You obviously don't have a clue as to what I have seen or not.

Throwing around loaded words like "thug", which they never seem to use when talking about violent white people like those bigots who ran an unarmed black man down with their truck and shot him, just inflames more tensions and exposes those who use such ugly code words as racist pieces of filth.

I am not interested in being PC to satisfy some whims of the left. I call a THUG a THUG--no matter what color. Don't project your prejudices onto me. I also call illegal aliens illegal aliens. So what?

Nice deflection and direct personal attack. I guess when ones argument is so thin, personal attacks are all they have to fall back on.

Sorry, I am not interested in you playing martyr today. It is silly and childish.

CB
Professor Principal
17.1.11  CB  replied to  Tessylo @17.1.7    4 years ago

To be fair, there is a great many "associated" activities occurring. Of course, in this toxic environment, 'sparks' flash up and explode. But let's not kid ourselves, BLM should have come out with a statement denouncing the violence (all of it) if they are not proper participants in it. I have not seen any such statements from the organization's founders.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
17.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  CB @17.1.11    4 years ago

when has blm ever apologized for anything?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
17.1.15  Tacos!  replied to  Tessylo @17.1.7    4 years ago
Throwing around loaded words like "thug", which they never seem to use when talking about violent white people like those bigots who ran an unarmed black man down with their truck and shot him, just inflames more tensions and exposes those who use such ugly code words as racist pieces of filth.

Someone commits violent crimes and people get mad about what they're called? Especially when it's accurate? That's some out-of-whack priorities, right there.

CB
Professor Principal
17.1.16  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @17.1.12    4 years ago

Maybe it would be instructive and needful for you to contact the organization?

Make your views known to the organization. FYI, this is my first ever being on BLM's website, this group is not top of mind for me. In fact, it only became known to me (through seeing the co-founder on AM Joy in a segment) that the group is organized and more than a loose assembly.

Anyway, there is the contact page. Use it if you wish.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
17.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  CB @17.1.16    4 years ago

You just didn't understand a single thing I wrote--based solely on that reply to my comment.

SMH

I don't give a crap about the BLM organization. I can support the cause, but not the methods.

CB
Professor Principal
17.1.18  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @17.1.17    4 years ago
when has blm ever apologized for anything?  I don't give a crap about the BLM organization. I can support the cause, but not the methods.

Well, you have the information anyway. You have the chance to help. And I understood your concise question, I don't know if BLM has apologized for anything-I don't follow the group. Don't have the time to do it all.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
17.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  CB @17.1.18    4 years ago

If I ever need info from you on anything, I will let you know, but just go ahead and assume it will never happen.

CB
Professor Principal
17.1.20  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @17.1.19    4 years ago

But you will let me know. . . . so I will just go ahead and assume it. (See what I did there.) Well, back to the article and its message to us all.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
17.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  CB @17.1.20    4 years ago

Since I wrote in English, and it seems to be giving you trouble, what language do you prefer to be addressed in?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
18  Sparty On    4 years ago

When i see things like this i am constantly reminded of the double standard at play here.

Had this been a white mob, knocking out a black man.   The left would be absolutely losing it's collective mind over it.

That's the real bigotry at play in this country and it's bad.   The double standard of how things like this are reacted to differently when they shouldn't be.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
18.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Sparty On @18    4 years ago
Had this been a white mob, knocking out a black man.   The left would be absolutely losing it's collective mind over it.

Exactly. I know 3 out of the 4 were white, I haven't seen the 1st guy they assaulted but I would bet he was white also. And all the left wing trash can do is spin and sputter and try to make it about something else. Makes me sick.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
18.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  KDMichigan @18.1    4 years ago

I know.

It's disgusting.

CB
Professor Principal
18.1.2  CB  replied to  KDMichigan @18.1    4 years ago

I am sorry about all this. It is bad. Should not happen. I can wish a lot of wellness in this sick, psychotic world of our and that is only so much anybody can do.

CB
Professor Principal
18.2  CB  replied to  Sparty On @18    4 years ago

I did not hide the footage, Sparty ON. I researched it and posted it for all to see. And I have share my personal feelings about the horrific scenes. I would not wish any of this on anybody. I am not alone in feeling this way. However, I, we, are not on the scene in Oregon nor do I own a media empire to place materials on the air, or straighten out misconceptions.

A voice for peaceful protests. We can all get a good look at what (above) happens when violent confrontations take over.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
18.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  CB @18.2    4 years ago
I did not hide the footage, Sparty ON.

I .... never said you did CB.   So i fail to see any cogent reason for addressing that to me

A voice for peaceful protests. We can all get a good look at what (above) happens when violent confrontations take over.

Let me know when the peaceful protests ever start in places like Portland and then we all can sit down and sing kumbaya together.   Until such time i will continue to call em like i see em..

As noted, the double standard in play here is painfully obvious for anyone that can be modestly unbiased and honest with themselves.   Clearly that isn't possible for a section of this country today and it's pretty damn sad to say the least.

CB
Professor Principal
18.2.3  CB  replied to  Sparty On @18.2.1    4 years ago

I put forward no double standard here. And there are liberals like me you are hearing from in this discussion. So acknowledge us too when you "call them like you see em.'

As to being modestly unbiased and honest wit oneself, clearly that is not possible for a section of the NT community which won' remark about the authoritarian tendencies and 'drive to authoritarianism' (on behalf of Trump conservatives) of the leadership of our nation!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
18.2.4  arkpdx  replied to  CB @18.2.3    4 years ago
authoritarian tendencies and 'drive to authoritarianism'

You mean us mean people who want to preserve the constitution, protect our borders from illegal alien invaders, see that the laws of the land are enforced. Those who want an end to the violence in our streets from antifa and BLM. Those of us who wish to uphold the sanctity of life including the life of the unborn. Those who want to ensure the right to worship our God in our own way. Those that wish to preserve our history instead of tearing it down. 

Are those the authoritarians you are talking about? If it is please count me as a member and a proud one at that.

CB
Professor Principal
18.2.5  CB  replied to  arkpdx @18.2.4    4 years ago
You mean us mean people who want to preserve the constitution. . . . Those that wish to preserve our history instead of tearing it down. 

Where in our constitution do you see the word, authoritarianism? Or, its effects?

What history preservation are you explicitly speaking of?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
18.2.6  arkpdx  replied to  CB @18.2.5    4 years ago
Where in our constitution do you see the word,authoritarianism? Or, its effects?

You're the one that said those of us are trying to preserve the constitution are authoritarian so you tell me. I Neve said it was.

CB
Professor Principal
18.2.7  CB  replied to  arkpdx @18.2.6    4 years ago

Donald Trump could give a damn about the constitution. Where do you see this president putting forward a constitutional standard? Limited government with republican/conservatives and him at the head breaking federal norms? Describe, please.

You did not respond to this: What history preservation are you explicitly speaking of?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
18.2.8  arkpdx  replied to  CB @18.2.7    4 years ago

Oh please give some evidence of Trump violating the constitution(  from a credible not biased are please)

Well they seem to think that they can wipe out the entire history of slavery and pretend it didn't exist. Banning the Army of Northern Virginia battle flag or destroying monuments to Civil war personal will notmnot slavery or the Civil War cease to exist. Destroying monuments to those who owned slaves or who's family owned slaves including those of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington will not change things. 

CB
Professor Principal
18.2.9  CB  replied to  arkpdx @18.2.8    4 years ago

And nor will your talking point absolve Donald Trump of being a walking authoritarian! The curious question is this: Is Donald Trump his own 'authoritarian' or an authoritarian of Trump supporters? Who is 'walking and talking' to whom above?

The constitution says, "We the people. . . ." Last I looked that phrase is inclusive of us all: why are you republicans, conservatives, and Donald excising out the democrats ability to properly aid in legislating and governing?

What history preservation are you explicitly speaking of?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  CB @18.2.9    4 years ago

what is this authoritarian gibberish all about anyways?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
18.2.11  arkpdx  replied to  CB @18.2.9    4 years ago

Tell me one authoritarian thing he has done. 

CB
Professor Principal
18.2.12  CB  replied to  arkpdx @18.2.11    4 years ago

Cult of personality.

Trump has turned some republicans and conservatives into his own personality cult. Politically, that's authoritarianism. Deny it, if you can. Describe how Trump supporters are not cultist. Trump caused a schism in the republican-conservative parties.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
18.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  CB @18.2.12    4 years ago

That cult thingy is a figment of your imagination.