╌>

The Reporter Strikes Back --- "WHERE IS THE RIVER" ? ----- McEnany WH Press Briefing

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  4 years ago  •  63 comments

The Reporter Strikes Back --- "WHERE IS THE RIVER" ?  -----   McEnany WH Press Briefing
At least someone is tired of Trump's casual misstatements and lying.  Now all the WH press corps needs to follow suit.  At long last, after four years of endless lies and nonsense coming from the mouths of Trumps spokespeople.  "When the President said they found a lot of ballots in the river: Where is the river?"

It's starting to get real folks. In a just concluded Kayleigh McEnany press briefing a reporter named Jon Decker continually and repeatedly asked her  "where is the river"  that Donald Trump said last week that mail in ballots were found. 

At least someone is tired of Trump's casual misstatements and lying.  Now all the WH press corps needs to follow suit.  At long last, after four years of endless lies and nonsense coming from the mouths of Trumps spokespeople. 

"When the President said they found a lot of ballots in the river : Where is the river ?"

video at link

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1311693686124826627?s=20

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago

That was fucking amazing. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago
@menik_monday
·
32s
One of the best pressers I’ve seen thanks to , , and the journalist who simply asked, “who are ‘they’?” & “where is the river?” Where of course, there was no answer provided. That’s how it’s done
#WhereIsTheRiver #PressSecTriggered

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @2    4 years ago
riwoche རི་བོ་ཆེ་
@riwoche
Replying to
"When the President said they found a lot of ballots in the river: Where is the river?" doesn't answer because it didn't happen and her demented boss is a career pathological liar

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    4 years ago

Which river?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    4 years ago

No one knows. jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    4 years ago

denial

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @2.1.3    4 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Clever!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.5  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    4 years ago

I looked at the video again and just noticed that at one point in the two minutes she says the ditch was in Wisconsin and about a minute later she says the ditch was in Pennsylvania. 

Wisconsin  :16

Pennsylvania  1:20

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.5    4 years ago
I looked at the video again and just noticed that at one point in the two minutes she says the ditch was in Wisconsin and about a minute later she says the ditch was in Pennsylvania. 

But he also asked if the President simply "misspoke", when she refused to say Trump "misspoke" about it, it was back to "where is the river?".

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     4 years ago

Hey Kayleigh this is for you.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @3    4 years ago

Some people would say this is a small thing. Ballots were found in a ditch and Trump instead said that ballots were found in a river. 

But it's not a small thing. In a way this is the history of the trump presidency - casual lying, endless mistakes and bamboozling. 

Finally a reporter asked her "where is the river". It is a stand in question for the thousands of trump administration lies that reporters have let skate by over the past 4 years. 

I think he asked her about ten times "where is the river" , and it exposed her and her press briefings as fraudulent propaganda. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    4 years ago
Ballots were found in a ditch and Trump instead said that ballots were found in a river.

Imagine thinking that matters. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.1    4 years ago

Of course it matters. Trump is an idiot who speaks falsehoods, mistakes and lies as easily as he breathes.  And he has a crew of spokespeople that have to by free will or job requirement pretend that all this bamboozling is normal. 

Trump supporters are completely brainwashed.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.1    4 years ago
Imagine thinking that matters.

They also said the ballots were marked for Trump. 

Did they open the ballets? 

Do you now vote on the outside of the mail-in envelope? 

If the person that left them in the ditch had opened them, where are the opened Biden ballots?  Wouldn't those have been reported when they are turned in?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    4 years ago
Ballots were found in a ditch and Trump instead said that ballots were found in a river. 

Then aren't we sort of missing the important point? Shouldn't we be more concerned that ballots were irresponsibly mishandled?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.4    4 years ago

Yes, we should. Those ballots not only are for a presidential election but also state, county, and local elections.

Good point

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Sean Treacy @3.1.1    4 years ago

It's another right wing thing - a right winger dumped the ballots - and then exposed them.  

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.7  CB  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.2    4 years ago
Trump supporters are completely brainwashed.

Not so, in my opinion. This is all part of the 'bargain' to get what they want from each other. Feigning ignorance and lack of understanding, while we discuss, they steadily march our policies and POV off the cliff.

Even Donald for all his paranoia has a method to his madness. Grandpa Trump is a dangerous man who would run unbridled in a second term. Some Trump supportes are dangerous also.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 years ago

She should have answered that the president misspoke if that is what happened. Instead, she tried to blame the media for it and point out their talking points about mail-in voting. I have no idea why she found it so hard to say that he misspoke since we do know that ballots were found in a ditch. Even that has not been properly investigated yet. It's not the right way to go about things and that should be acknowledged. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    4 years ago
She should have answered that the president misspoke if that is what happened.

But that would require her to think on her feet and that requires at least one working brain cell

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    4 years ago

Trump invents his own reality. He wanted everyone to believe there were hundreds or thousands of Trump ballots floating down a river in a swing state, so thats what he said. 

More dramatic image than saying a few ballots were found in a ditch.      (If that even happened, some reports say that was made up too. )

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    4 years ago

exactly. that brainless trump bimbo du jour will be turning tricks on the strip this time next year.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @4.1.2    4 years ago

Which strip? I don't think she has enough class for Vegas. She might be able to make a living out at Hunt's Point in NY

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @4.1.2    4 years ago
"exactly. that brainless trump bimbo du jour will be turning tricks on the strip this time next year."

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

I LOVE YOU!

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.5  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.3    4 years ago

yeah, you're right. grinding on republican criminals from gerrymandered districts in DC then ...

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.2  Dulay  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    4 years ago
I have no idea why she found it so hard to say that he misspoke since we do know that ballots were found in a ditch. 

The Director of the Wisconsin Elections Commission announced a couple days ago that there were NO Wisconsin absentee ballots in the mail that was found in the ditch. She doesn't know if there were ballots from other states and the USPS won't comment...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  Vic Eldred    4 years ago

I saw that atrocity. The President should suspend the press conferences for the rest of the year or until the press corps can conduct itself as a civilized group.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    4 years ago

Nah. He should stop lying every five minutes and then reporters like this brave guy wouldnt have to embarrass the shit out of his press secretary like that. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    4 years ago

Trump and his staff are great in press conferences:

"Donald Trump abruptly ended his White House news conference on Monday and stormed off stage after telling a Chinese American reporter to ‘ask China’ why so many people in the US have died from coronavirus."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    4 years ago

Vic, 16 seconds into the video she says the ditch Trump was referring to was in Wisconsin and at the 1 minute and 20 second mark she says the ditch was in Pennsylvania (conveniently enough both swing states)

How do you account for this discrepancy? 

Ender
Professor Principal
5.4  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    4 years ago

Maybe, just maybe, the press secretary should stop lying and for once tell the truth.

Odd that you blame the people that dare ask a question and do not get an answer.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.4.1  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ender @5.4    4 years ago

Odd that you (Vic) blame the people that dare ask a question and do not get an answer.

Vic is all set and happy about authoritarian rule he hopes to usher in by supporting Trump.....

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.4.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.4.1    4 years ago

I don't want to live in an authoritarian world. I can't imagine anyone who does. And those that do should seek medical help STAT!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.4.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.4.2    4 years ago
I don't want to live in an authoritarian world.

But what if that authoritarian was telling you that trout are special. Trout are the most important beings on this earth and were chosen by God to be the best examples of what trout can be. What if that authoritarian promised you that there wouldn't be any intrusion on your trout territory, no perch, no carp, just all trout lands, because he'd build a dam to protect you and make the minnows pay for it. And on top of that he promised to make sure you got a job regardless of what grade in middle school you dropped out of. Would you vote for an authoritarian then? Sure, he hasn't actually made good on his promises, but wouldn't you follow that authoritarian just for whispering sweet nothings in your ear? /s

Sadly, it seems some today in America are willing to make that bargain.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.4.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.4.3    4 years ago

And that's how deals with the devil are made DP!   Nicely put.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.4.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.4.3    4 years ago

I'm one of those trout that believe that salmon are special too. And minnows are our children.

funny tho

Split Personality
Professor Guide
5.5  Split Personality  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    4 years ago
The President should suspend the press conferences for the rest of the year

only if they eliminate the position of press secretary and save the tax payers $15,250 a month.

or until the press corps can conduct itself as a civilized group.

It was civilized, polite and everyone wore masks except Kaleigh.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @5.5    4 years ago
only if they eliminate the position of press secretary and save the tax payers $15,250 a month

I'm down with that. If you don't have a press corps a press secretary is non-essential

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
5.5.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @5.5    4 years ago
only if they eliminate the position of press secretary and save the tax payers $15,250 a month

Hold up.  Kaleigh M. makes $15,250.00 a month?  Hells bells, I would consider lying through my teeth for that kind of paycheck.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.5.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.5.2    4 years ago

No you wouldn't. You have too much integrity

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.5.5  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.5.3    4 years ago

considering what comes out of her mouth at these pressers, imagine what goes into it before in the oval office ...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.5.6  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @5.5.5    4 years ago

"considering what comes out of her mouth at these pressers, imagine what goes into it before in the oval office ..."

Something really small and icky and orange. . .  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.5.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @5.5.6    4 years ago

and resembles a mushroom

You know we're all going to get flagged, don't you?

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.5.8  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.5.7    4 years ago

But you all are doing it in such a robust way....!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.5.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @5.5.8    4 years ago

Mama always said to do your best

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.6  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    4 years ago
The President should suspend the press conferences for the rest of the year

Might as well, all she does is lie. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.7  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @5    4 years ago

They're just taking Trump's lead for what's considered 'civilized'. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  author  JohnRussell    4 years ago
Vicky Ward
@VickyPJWard
FOX News Radio’s Jon Decker: “I cover the news and I like to report accurately on the news. And when the president says, ‘They found a lot of ballots in a river,' I simply want to know where the river is.”

Trotsky's Spectre
Freshman Silent
7  Trotsky's Spectre    4 years ago

It doesn't matter in what river or in what ditch ballots were lost. Resurgent in our society, idealism 'creates' the material from the 'idea.' Politically, this means that a narrative is proffered as a way of seeing the world, and that becomes 'plausibly true' in an ontologically substantive way. Official political life continually engages in creating 'narratives' for public consumption.

Welcome to the post-modern world.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Trotsky's Spectre @7    4 years ago

I agree,  ...... that is what we have to fight against, or else all is lost. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
7.3  Dulay  replied to  Trotsky's Spectre @7    4 years ago
Official political life continually engages in creating 'narratives' for public consumption. Welcome to the post-modern world.

That has been going on all of recorded history. There are examples of it in all of our ancient texts. 

Nothing post-modern about it. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
8  Dean Moriarty    4 years ago

Hopefully some in depth investigative reporting can get to the bottom of this.  Time for Anderson Cooper to strap on his waders.

. 384

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1  MrFrost  replied to  Dean Moriarty @8    4 years ago

CB
Professor Principal
9  CB    4 years ago

This is not a joke! Our lives are literally hanging in the balance. And Trump has the most combative surrogates and cabinet officials come out and try to plug away at the dumbest content imaginable! It's all because like Donald, they imitate his no apology attitude. And similarly these "surrogates" around here come and try to 'pound' stupid nonsense into our minds.

Away with this administration! Let Trump take his 'caravan' out on the road. Let it do reality television (make of it what he will) out in television-land. Fellow NT! The world is waiting for 'merica to return to something significant and important to its lives again. Enough of the "navel-gazing" at the insecure Donald and his entourage of 'halloween' surrogates.

This is our one and only change to end our Donald's national nightmare and surrogate hell!

Winter is coming and the virus will be on the hunt (for you)!

Time for all kidding aside: Time to vote!!!!!

Don't boo - VOTE LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.

(My ballot came in the mail yesterday! YAY! Just as soon as I can figure out the propositions—I'm signing and hauling it down to the Secretary of State office!)

CB
Professor Principal
10  CB    4 years ago

I am glad that the media is mocking the mockers, plural!

Donald Trump is not waging war on foreign nations and that is good! Peace is preferable.

Donald Trump is combating 'merica! All our internal systems are being fought and torched by this reprobate and his team of destroyers! Donald Trump is combative against me, you, your children, mothers and fathers, media, professionals, science, military, arts, congress, and courts.

We are already in a war in our own country: thanks to Donald Trump. Enough!

Let him go, now! Trump is killing us slowly, and in droves!

CB
Professor Principal
11  CB    4 years ago

Can't we see what is going on here? Look at Donald! He is an old paranoid grandfather going around baffling in his own 'universe.' The real issue here is that he is getting people sick, he has gotten people killed, and he is wishing (through his rhetoric) death on his opponents.

The office of president was never intended for such "hot" rhetoric that is pouring out of the deranged mind of Donald Trump. Now we have clearer and recent evidence of Donald being a racist coming from the mouths of his family members, staff, and his words in a presidential debate and remarks in a Minnesota rally!

Donald Trump lies are taking on new meaning as they become darker and rapid!

Donald J.Trump is old, tired, paranoid, and needs to leave public service now!

Trotsky's Spectre
Freshman Silent
11.1  Trotsky's Spectre  replied to  CB @11    4 years ago

The novel coronavirus is a catalyst, not a cause of mounting crises.

The 'real issue here is that' US Capitalism is in very advanced decay. For this economic weakening, US imperialism declines precipitously. Then, almost inconceivable wealth is now concentrated in the hands of a razor thin social layer. Indeed a recent RAND Corporation study calculated that four decades of income stagnation produced for the bottom 90% a net loss of income of $47 trillion. Democracy cannot survive under conditions of such enormous levels of inequality.

Global pandemic brought to light the irredeemable corpse of a US class system that is rotting on its feet. The ground shakes beneath the feet of the ruling class. It knows that mass social anger is rising. It is terrified that it will take an explosive and potentially revolutionary form. That explains Trump’s frenzied, reckless and often bizarre behavior. That's why every token act of resistance is always characterized as 'violent' and 'anarchist.' Where it actually does occur, that violence is likely initiated by police acting as agent provocateurs.

After five decades, working class militancy awakens. The resulting wave of strikes has convinced a substantial section of the ruling class that they have no way out but violence.

The lessons of the 1920s and 1930s are of burning relevance. Hitler in Germany, Mussolini in Italy, Franco in Spain -- all demonstrate that the turn to dictatorship comes when -- for reasons rooted in the character of capitalist society itself, the ruling class is no longer able to resolve its crisis through democratic means. Consequently, democracy must go!

That is where things stand now. And however elected he may be, Biden will face exactly the same dilemmas and contradiction with which the current regime now struggles.

Edit: Correct hyperlink.

CB
Professor Principal
11.1.1  CB  replied to  Trotsky's Spectre @11.1    4 years ago
After five decades, working class militancy awakens. The resulting wave of strikes has convinced a substantial section of the ruling class that they have no way out but violence.

What strikes are happening in 'merica during this pandemic? Please elaborate. . . . More directly, what country with nuclear weapons would even risk a civil war or its 'overthrow'?

Trotsky's Spectre
Freshman Silent
12  Trotsky's Spectre    4 years ago

Oh dear! I see that I've failed completely to explain myself. I'm speaking of industrial strikes -- teachers, autoworkers, steel workers, nurses, etc., etc. Sorry about that, CB!

Take care!

freepress
Freshman Silent
13  freepress    4 years ago

The weird thing about this story is that after investigating they found it was an administrative error by poll workers who had only been on the job for a few days. They were not in a river or ditch.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
13.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  freepress @13    4 years ago

So fucking strange!! Are you sure there isn't a river flowing through their building?