╌>

Covid Announces Plan To Move Operations To Texas Full-Time To Escape Burdensome Regulations

Category:  The Lighter Side/ Humor

Via:  sister-mary-agnes-ample-bottom  •  3 years ago  •  96 comments

By:   The Onion

Covid Announces Plan To Move Operations To Texas Full-Time To Escape Burdensome Regulations
AUSTIN, TX—Bemoaning the bureaucratic red tape that had been holding it back for the past year, the Covid-19 virus announced Thursday that it would move its operation to Texas full-time to escape burdensome regulations. "Shifting my operation to Texas will give me the freedom to spread my wings and grow this pandemic in ways that are impossible in blue states," said the coronavirus molecule, adding that it had been especially heartened by the governor's recent decision to cut away unnecessary...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Thursday 9:50AM

AUSTIN, TX—Bemoaning the bureaucratic red tape that had been holding it back for the past year, the Covid-19 virus announced Thursday that it would move its operation to Texas full-time to escape burdensome regulations. "Shifting my operation to Texas will give me the freedom to spread my wings and grow this pandemic in ways that are impossible in blue states," said the coronavirus molecule, adding that it had been especially heartened by the governor's recent decision to cut away unnecessary regulations like dining restrictions and mask mandates. "Obviously, I appreciate everything California and New York have done to help me—especially when I was just starting out. It's just been hard watching liberal legislators pile on cumbersome restrictions despite, frankly, having no idea how to build a pandemic. Those regulations really hurt small virus particles. The Lone Star State has been nothing but welcoming to me, and I'm thrilled to call it my new home." At press time, Covid-19 had celebrated its move with a raucous night hanging out in the atmosphere of local favorite restaurant Trudy's North Star.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Welcomed with open arms by Gov. Greg 'lips still stuck on Trump's ass' Abbott.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1  pat wilson  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1    3 years ago

Excellent ! 

Stay safe, Sister !

Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  pat wilson @1.1    3 years ago
Stay safe, Sister !

Hoping for the best, we are.  

And talk about jumpy:  We had some regular old Texas-style thunderstorms last week, and the electricity cut out briefly several times.  Under ordinary circumstances, we would just roll with the flow...or without the flow....  But due to the recent winter nightmare, every flicker brought back panic.  True story, unfortunately.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     3 years ago

LMAO, COVID better bring its ''long john's'' it gets mighty cold in them thar parts. Also, bring along some bottled water, it seems that is a problem as well.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @2    3 years ago

Nah...  It's in the mid 60's outside.  Did the lawn, fertilized yesterday and ran the sprinklers for the first time today to

activate the fertilizer and look for problem sprinkler heads.  Only 2 need to be fussed with so far.

Most people and surprisingly many businesses have told the Gov that they will continue mandate rules voluntarily.

Professor Guide
2.1.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @2.1    3 years ago

There is no denying that it's a beautiful day.  I'm finding it almost impossible to remain pissed-off by the current state of world affairs.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
3  sandy-2021492    3 years ago

154605868_10117138160650550_1854122716753983497_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=RsoYgZNje9YAX-gPeWe&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=7ca6bc70a9e1388e5d3767c8ed071e22&oe=606B95B3

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     3 years ago

EvhaxyOXIAk75kp?format=jpg&name=small

Professor Guide
4.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @4    3 years ago

I hate how true that seems.  Hopefully those of us left alive after Abbott's expert care and concern, will do something about it come election time.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Most sensible people in Texas understand that this (ease covid restrictions) was all to distract Texans attention away from the recent fiasco where the entire state lost power and water. 

Texas state government is incompetent. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 years ago
where the entire state lost power and water. 

Man, you really, really need to get some better sources!

Whoever told you that was, well, plainly speaking, lying out of their ass!

Professor Guide
5.2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2    3 years ago
Man, you really, really need to get some better sources! Whoever told you that was, well, plainly speaking, lying out of their ass!

What a stupid, not to mention inflammatory, comment.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.2  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.2.1    3 years ago

there, there, he's not a real texan...

Professor Guide
5.2.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @5.2.2    3 years ago
there, there, he's not a real texan...

jrSmiley_18_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.2.1    3 years ago

well, if you ALSO believe that the entire state if Texas was without water and electricity. you may join him 

I really don't see how anyone can be gullible enough to believe that, but, hey. to each their own!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @5.2.2    3 years ago

more of a Texan than you will ever be. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

wtf are you running on about now??

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.10  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

if you have any legitimate points to make regarding my post, please get to them instead of this.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.12  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

and?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.14  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

your subtle little slights are duly noted and rejected.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.15  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.14    3 years ago

"Some People", huh?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.17  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

or constantly bitching feeds into the anger within.

I see many who do that regarding any red state.

their hatred for conservatives us  plain to see.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.19  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

I'll try to come back when you make a valid point, sans the personal insults.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.21  Texan1211  replied to    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Professor Guide
5.2.22  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to    3 years ago
Here’s to success in the pleas for secession...never have so few done so little for so many. 

In ordinary times, I would cyber-slap you bald-headed for such a comment ;).   Unfortunately for me, the embarrassment in my home state has become a daily occurrence.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.24  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.6    3 years ago

Whats funny (in a sad way) about these stupid ass articles  is that other states have opened up way before Texas, including Florida. There is no mask mandate here, but each city has its own rules. The city I live in extended the mask order to the first week of April, and the infection rate is far below most blue states that still have hard lockdowns, including New York and California.

It was determined by state health experts that even the Super Bowl, which had thousands of attendees, not including players, coaches, staff, media, etc, and there was no noticeable increase in infections.

Texas did the right thing, the mandate only affects state properties, and as with Florida, each city has their own rules.

Because of our state's freedom, we have to pay for the blatant mismanagement of blue states that don't care about their citizens, and expect red states to pay for their stupidity.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.25  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @5.2.24    3 years ago

Some just can't get over the fact that Biden didn't win Texas, and obviously it bothers them greatly, hence all the Texas-slamming and jokes.

It is rather comical to read some of these posts!

Professor Guide
5.2.26  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  bugsy @5.2.24    3 years ago
Whats funny (in a sad way) about these stupid ass articles  is that other states have opened up way before Texas, including Florida.

To which stupid-ass article are you referring?  If you are talking about the one I seeded, you might want to scroll up and have a read...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @5.2.24    3 years ago

The seed is satire. I think you might have missed that

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.28  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.27    3 years ago
"The seed is satire. I think you might have missed that"

jrSmiley_78_smiley_image.gif

Professor Guide
5.3  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 years ago
Texas state government is incompetent.

What do you expect?  Cell service in Cancun has been spotty.

JBB
Professor Principal
6  JBB    3 years ago

Covid should do well in Texas' pro-virus environment.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.1  Raven Wing  replied to  JBB @6    3 years ago

They say everything is big in Texas. With the gross incompetence of the current governor, we may see that statement also applies to the number of infections and, sadly, number of deaths. 

The only thing I can wish for, in addition to Abbott getting a sudden brain fart and reinstating the wearing of masks mandate, is that the majority of people who live in Texas will take control of their own lives and heed the medical experts and continue to wear their masks. 

I find it appalling that Abbott and his cohorts think so little of the lives of the many men, women and children who will  now likely be in harms way if they follow his gross disregard for human life in his own state. I am sure he will take all the necessary precautions to protect himself and his family while leaving the masses to face an even more uncertain fate.

Where is LBJ when they need him.....

Gordy327
Professor Expert
6.2  Gordy327  replied to  JBB @6    3 years ago

It's as if Texas wants Covid. It's beyond stupid and irresponsible to not require or want to wear a mask during a pandemic. But then, stupid voters vote for stupid. So they get stupid. No the first time either. Remember Ricky Perry? The governor who thought drought could be solved by praying for rain? Or that some people in Texas think the snow there was (fake snow) caused by Bill Gates using a weather manipulator machine. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Gordy327 @6.2    3 years ago

Funny - Borowitz just did a piece about Tex-Ass and how they're wishing for Rick Perry about now . . . . 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
6.2.2  Gordy327  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.1    3 years ago

That's not an improvement. How about wishing for someone competent and knows what they're doing? You know, an actual leader who has some common sense. Because it seems as if Texas is sorely lacking that right about now.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.3  Tessylo  replied to  Gordy327 @6.2.2    3 years ago

Chill.  Andy Borowitz.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

It will be interesting to watch and compare the numbers.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7    3 years ago

While it may be interesting to watch the numbers, it could also be very sad. 

Freewill
Junior Quiet
8  Freewill    3 years ago

Interesting.  I’ve read a similar story but this one not so funny.

In the Gulf Coast city of Brownsville, 108 migrants released during the past month have shown to be carrying the coronavirus, U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, said Wednesday. And he says that is putting the South Texas border community, as well as the volunteers who help them, and the border agents, at risk.

“They tested some of the people who got put at the bus station in Brownsville and according to the rapid tests, about 108 tested positive. So basically that creates a situation that they are letting people who are positive (for coronavirus) get on buses and with the permission of Homeland Security they can go anywhere in the United States,” Cuellar said during an online news conference.

But migrants crossing into South Texas are not getting tested for the coronavirus when they are first apprehended by Border Patrol agents. U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials have told Border Report that they do not have the staff or equipment to test everyone who is apprehended without documents on the border.

More on that here:

“We are weeks, maybe even days, away from a crisis on the southern border. Inaction is simply not an option,” Cuellar said. “Our country is currently unprepared to handle a surge in migrants in the middle of the pandemic. Migrants are illegally crossing, potentially exposing border communities to the coronavirus and putting us at risk. Right now, none of the migrants are being tested for COVID-19 by Border Patrol.”

Professor Guide
8.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Freewill @8    3 years ago

This began happening on Trump's watch.

People with coronavirus are crossing the US-Mexico border for medical care

By  Catherine E. Shoichet , CNN

Updated 7:24 AM ET, Mon June 29, 2020

Greg Abbott's most recent untimely and foolish decision will end more lives needlessly.   

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1    3 years ago

Trump tried to keep it under control. Biden's idiotic actions have made it much worse

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1    3 years ago

Trump isn't President. Biden is. 

Of course, Trump didn't take about amnesty or letting everyone in, either.

Blaming Trump for Democratic Party policies is plain old stupid.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
8.1.3  Freewill  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1    3 years ago
This began happening on Trump's watch.

I'd like to read about that but your link in big blue letters appears to just loop back to this article.  Can you direct me to the correct article?

Otherwise, the stories to which I linked, including testimony from U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas, have happened over the last month specifically at the Texas border.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @8.1.1    3 years ago
Trump tried to keep it under control.

512 512

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.1.5  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1    3 years ago
Greg Abbott's most recent untimely and foolish decision will end more lives needles

Without a doubt.

Professor Guide
8.1.6  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Freewill @8.1.3    3 years ago
Can you direct me to the correct article?

Oops.  Try this link.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
8.1.7  Freewill  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.1.6    3 years ago
Oops.  Try this link .

Ah!  That's better!  Read the article and it appears to be about people crossing the border in ambulances specifically seeking CARE for Covid.  Most are Americans. From your linked article:

In the past five weeks, more than 500 patients have been transferred to hospitals across the state from California's Imperial County, which has the state's highest per capita rate of coronavirus cases -- and, according to officials, has seen a large number of patients crossing from Mexico.
But Van Gorder, Coyle and other officials in California say this isn't an immigration issue.
Most of the coronavirus patients crossing the border, they say, are Americans.

This is completely different than what is happening now with the release of undocumented immigrants who have tested positive for Covid into the country simply to mix with the general public. 

“They tested some of the people who got put at the bus station in Brownsville and according to the rapid tests, about 108 tested positive. So basically that creates a situation that they are letting people who are positive (for coronavirus) get on buses and with the permission of Homeland Security they can go anywhere in the United States,” Cuellar said during an online news conference."

And this is just one small sampling of people departing from a bus station in Brownsville, TX into the interior of the country.  There are likely many, many more being released all along the southern border states.  This is being reported by people on the ground, who actually see it happening and are pleading with the Federal Government to acknowledge what is really happening due to THEIR policies.

Professor Guide
8.1.8  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Freewill @8.1.7    3 years ago

It doesn't matter how or why one crosses the border...ambulance, boat, baby carriage, tunnel, carrier pigeon, osmosis, etc.  Mexican citizens have been crossing while ill with Covid for a while now.   Trying to blame Biden at this point is silly.

BTW, the article I seeded was/is a satire piece from the Onion.  I'm rather proud of myself for developing a sense of humor about the failings taking place in my home state.    

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @8.1.1    3 years ago
"Trump tried to keep it under control."

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Freewill @8    3 years ago

“We are weeks, maybe even days, away from a crisis on the southern border. Inaction is simply not an option,” Cuellar said. “Our country is currently unprepared to handle a surge in migrants in the middle of the pandemic. Migrants are illegally crossing, potentially exposing border communities to the coronavirus and putting us at risk. Right now, none of the migrants are being tested for COVID-19 by Border Patrol.”

It would would appear that some left wingers are denying the science. It's sad that they find this worsening situation amusing

Professor Guide
8.2.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Greg Jones @8.2    3 years ago

Thank you for your participation, but this will be your last post on this seed [Deleted]

Professor Guide
8.2.2  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.2.1    3 years ago

No value???  That had tremendous value!!!  It gave me the giggles for at least 30 minutes.  If that doesn't prove value, I don't know what would. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.2.2    3 years ago

see what happens? how many times have I asked you not to mock the birthers?

Professor Guide
8.2.4  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  devangelical @8.2.3    3 years ago
see what happens? how many times have I asked you not to mock the birthers?

A pox upon me for reckless commentary.  I'll make it up to you later.  In private.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.2.5  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.2.4    3 years ago
I'll make it up to you later.  In private

Can I watch...(giggle)

Professor Guide
8.2.6  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Raven Wing @8.2.5    3 years ago
Can I watch.

Dev will expect you to work the camera.  You know how freaky he is...

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
8.2.7  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.2.6    3 years ago
You know how freaky he is...

True, but, dev is very cooperative, and he does his best to make the job easy. For dev that is.....(grin)

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.2.8  devangelical  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.2.6    3 years ago

... somebody has to operate the defibrillator.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
8.3  SteevieGee  replied to  Freewill @8    3 years ago

108 migrants released during the past month have shown to be carrying the coronavirus?  OMG!  Has anybody told the Governor?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @8.3    3 years ago

Did the Biden Admin. inform the Governor he was releasing illegal aliens who have tested positive for covid?

Freewill
Junior Quiet
8.3.2  Freewill  replied to  SteevieGee @8.3    3 years ago
Has anybody told the Governor?

You do understand that the international border is the responsibility of the Federal Government, DHS, Border Patrol, all of that?  Did you read the reports I provided?

Felipe Romero, spokesman for the City of Brownsville, confirmed to Border Report late Wednesday that 108 migrants who were released at the downtown bus station in Brownsville over the past month by DHS officials have tested positive for the coronavirus. He said that nonprofit organizations, such as Team Brownsville and Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley, have stepped in to offer hotel rooms to the migrants for them to quarantine. But he said the city cannot stop the migrants from traveling because they have been issued documents by Department of Homeland Security allowing them north into the interior. “We let them know and we guide them with CDC guidelines and explain to them that it’s really important that they isolate and quarantine, but I want to make clear that we can’t contain them. We can’t stop them,” Romero said.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
8.3.3  SteevieGee  replied to  Freewill @8.3.2    3 years ago

He may want to rethink declaring that the pandemic is over.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.3.4  Texan1211  replied to  SteevieGee @8.3.3    3 years ago

I didnt see where he said it was over.

can you give a link to the quote, please?

Professor Guide
8.3.5  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Texan1211 @8.3.4    3 years ago
I didnt see where he said it was over. can you give a link to the quote, please?

The declaration was muffled by Trump's butt cheeks.  Now that I think about it, you should have heard it loud and clear.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
8.3.6  SteevieGee  replied to  SteevieGee @8.3.3    3 years ago

It's based upon his actions not what he's said.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.3.7  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.3.5    3 years ago

So I will take it that you are unable to quote the Governor saying it was over, but you still felt compelled to comment and be insulting.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
8.3.8  Freewill  replied to  SteevieGee @8.3.3    3 years ago
He may want to rethink declaring that the pandemic is over.

If you mean the Governor, he did say that he wants to open all business 100%, not that the pandemic is over.  His rescinding of the mandatory mask mandates is taking it too far, I will agree.  I suspect that many businesses and individuals will likely still don the masks and try to maintain distances, but we'll see.

However, this releasing of non-citizens who have tested positive for Covid into the country by the Federal Government/DHS are just going to make matters even worse.  So when some get to blaming people if cases and deaths rise in TX, let's not forget the new Federal policies that will most definitely have contributed to that. 

If we are going to bemoan policies that will most likely cause more Covid cases/deaths, especially along the southern border, let's at least be consistent shall we?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.3.9  Split Personality  replied to  SteevieGee @8.3    3 years ago

How can they tell if they are not testing as put forth in comment 8.2 ?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.3.10  Split Personality  replied to  Freewill @8.3.8    3 years ago

Target and others insist, no mask, no service, regardless of the Gov.

McDonalds will not reopen their dining rooms in TX.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
8.3.11  Freewill  replied to  Split Personality @8.3.9    3 years ago
How can they tell if they are not testing as put forth in comment 8.2 ?

Hi SP - The City of Brownsville administered what few rapid tests they could, and the were told by Border Patrol that they do not have adequate support to test the rapid influx of immigrants before they release them into the US per the current Federal policy.  Once they are released by the DHS, neither the City nor the State can detain them, even if they test positive.  This is covered in the reports to which I linked above. HERE and HERE .

HERE is another indicating similar problems in other cities along the border.

Sen. Hinojosa said the Biden administration’s change in immigration policies are being rapidly implemented without time for local or state officials to prepare lodging or consideration for border communities that now are being exposed to undocumented migrants who could be carrying coronavirus.

“We checked into it and found out they were just being released to bus station so they could travel to the interior of the United States with documents saying that would get them through the checkpoint,” Hinojosa said. “As the Biden administration starts to change policies word of this will get down to South America and Central America and we’ll see an increase of families coming to try to cross the river.”

“These orders are coming in very quickly and not providing time for us to digest it and so we are learning as we go, so to speak, as to what is really happening along the border,” said Hinojosa, a Democrat from McAllen. “Quite frankly our immigration policies are a mess. We really have to focus and come up with a way to manage the situation because for us we have the right to defend the border. We cannot have an open border policy and not be able to manage control of people who come into our country.”

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.3.12  Split Personality  replied to  Freewill @8.3.11    3 years ago

Sorry, I thought the combination of a ? and /s   was unbecoming.

There are also articles about charities putting up refugees in hotels during their quarantine period.

So I question

A: that refugees are not being tested or quarantined.

Freewill
Junior Quiet
8.3.13  Freewill  replied to  Split Personality @8.3.10    3 years ago
Target and others insist, no mask, no service, regardless of the Gov.

Excellent!  That's what I was hoping for!

Freewill
Junior Quiet
8.3.14  Freewill  replied to  Split Personality @8.3.12    3 years ago
So I question A: that refugees are not being tested or quarantined.

To expand on that answer... From the reports to which I linked:

And the City of Brownsville also asked for and received 10,000 test kits from the Texas Division of Emergency Management, which is under Abbott, Brownsville spokesman Felipe Romero told Border Report late Wednesday.

“We got 10,000 tests. We haven’t used them all,” Romero said.

Andrea Rudnik, a volunteer with the nonprofit Team Brownsville, told Border Report that when these migrant families started to be released in late January, there were two families who had tested positive for COVID-19, and the nonprofit paid to put them in a local hotel. However, they only stayed one night and did not quarantine for the full two weeks.

They were anxious to leave and meet their families, Rudnik said.

After that, Catholic Charities of the Rio Grande Valley offered to help be the liaison with all those who test positive and to offer them quarantine accommodations. Border Report has reached out to Catholic Charities to ask how many families with coronavirus have sheltered in hotels through the charity. This story will be updated if the information is received.

The tests are being administered by the local cities and charitable organizations because the Border Patrol/DHS is not doing it unless someone has clear symptoms. But the cities and charities have no authority to make them remain in quarantine, and apparently they aren't.  The ones that the Border Patrol are sending directly to the bus stations are only being spot tested by these other groups, and even if they test positive they can't keep them from boarding the bus as the undocumented immigrants have DHS clearance to proceed.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.3.15  Tessylo  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.3.5    3 years ago
"The declaration was muffled by Trump's butt cheeks."

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.3.16  Texan1211  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @8.3.5    3 years ago

I will just have to rely on your obvious expertise in the area of nether regions.

You seem to know a lot about Trump's butt cheeks and what one can hear from them.

Carry on.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
9  Steve Ott    3 years ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif My wife doesn't give a damn about Abbott and tells me I will wear my mask.

Professor Guide
9.1  seeder  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Steve Ott @9    3 years ago
My wife doesn't give a damn about Abbott and tells me I will wear my mask.

Happy wife, happy life?

It's going to be interesting to see what happens on the 10th.  I'm pretty sure that behind closed doors, lots of Texans think that Greg Abbott should get out a little more...preferably on and after that date.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10  Kavika     3 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @10    3 years ago

pretty darn sure people will still be wearing mssks.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
10.2  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @10    3 years ago

68 Fort Worth apartments still without water over 2 weeks after winter storm, city says (msn.com)

And that's just Fort Worth, which, all things considered fared pretty well.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11  MrFrost    3 years ago

So Abbott insists that there is an increased risk of covid from illegals, (which is not true), then drops the mask mandate and orders everything to go back to normal. He's a moron. That's like trying to put out a house fire with gasoline. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @11    3 years ago

are you saying that there is no risk for covid from border crossers?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
11.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1    3 years ago

That's what he said!   jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1    3 years ago

are you saying that there is no risk for covid from border crossers?

Stats as of today...

Active cases in the USA: 8,827,049

Active cases in Mexico: 268,851

They are taking a risk coming here, clearly.

Also, what I am saying... Is that if there *IS* an increased risk of covid from border crossers, it makes NO sense at all to drop a mask mandate. Is that clear enough?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @11.1.2    3 years ago

There IS a risk of people coming here illegally can spread the virus. Last I checked, the virus doesn't ask immigration status or locale.

Saying that people already proven to have the virus pose no threat is absolutely false.