╌>

Texas school district official tells teachers they should offer students an 'opposing view' to the Holocaust

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  131 comments

By:   Sky Palma (Raw Story - Celebrating Years of Independent Journalism)

Texas school district official tells teachers they should offer students an 'opposing view' to the Holocaust
A top administrator with the Carroll Independent School District in Southlake, Texas, is under fire for advising teachers to present "opposing" viewpoints if they're going to provide books to their students about the Holocaust, NBC News reports. Gina Peddy, who is the Carroll school district's exec...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

understanding-how-hitler-became-german-helps-us-deal-with-modern-day-extremists.jpg?id=27667714&width=980&height=527 Hitler (Shutterstock)

=========================================================================

A top administrator with the Carroll Independent School District in Southlake, Texas, is under fire for advising teachers to present "opposing" viewpoints if they're going to provide books to their students about the Holocaust, NBC News reports.

Gina Peddy, who is the Carroll school district's executive director of curriculum and instruction, made the remarks during a training session this Friday that was called in response to a parent's complaint about a fourth grade teacher who had an anti-racism book in her classroom.

"Just try to remember the concepts of [House Bill] 3979," Peddy said in a recording taken secretly by a Carrol staff member, referring to a new Texas law that requires teachers to present multiple perspectives when discussing "widely debated and currently controversial" issues.

"And make sure that if you have a book on the Holocaust, that you have one that has an opposing, that has other perspectives," Peddy continued.

"How do you oppose the Holocaust?" one teacher said in response.

"Believe me," Peddy said. "That's come up."

In a statement to NBC News, Carroll spokeswoman Karen Fitzgerald said the district "recognizes that all Texas teachers are in a precarious position with the latest legal requirements" in regards to the new state law and an updated version that will go into effect in December, Texas Senate Bill 3.

"Our purpose is to support our teachers in ensuring they have all of the professional development, resources and materials needed. Our district has not and will not mandate books be removed nor will we mandate that classroom libraries be unavailable," Fitzgerald said, adding that "teachers who are unsure about a specific book "should visit with their campus principal, campus team and curriculum coordinators about appropriate next steps."

Read the full report over at NBC News.

SmartNews

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I think this school administrator stuck his foot in his mouth. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.1  bbl-1  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Or his mouth in his arse.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  bbl-1 @1.1    3 years ago

That should be "head up her/his jazz".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

Oh it was a lady. 

Thats even worse somehow. 

GregTx
PhD Guide
1.2.1  GregTx  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2    3 years ago
Oh it was a lady.  Thats even worse somehow. 

Why is that?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.2  devangelical  replied to  GregTx @1.2.1    3 years ago

statistically, women as a group have a higher level of intelligence than the average texas male.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2.2    3 years ago
statistically, women as a group have a higher level of intelligence than the average texas male.

yeah, unfortunately, we have had far too many woke Californians flee their state and come here, bringing our average way down.

Do your part and encourage everyone (and by that, I mean all woke progressive liberals) to move to California instead!

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.4  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.3    3 years ago

the californians new to texas provided the sudden spike of the average male IQ's in texas over prior years, but women were still far and away by double digits. it's easy for most to tell who the californians are though, they usually don't sound like some jethro goober dipshit when they talk.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @1.2.4    3 years ago

And here is the proof for your rather dubious claim...................wait for it.............................wait for it..........................................................................................................................................................................................................no, sorry, not a thing!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.6  Dulay  replied to  devangelical @1.2.4    3 years ago

Oh and let's not forget that we've been assured that in Texas, women are in charge and nothing happens there unless women want it to. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
1.2.7  bbl-1  replied to  devangelical @1.2.2    3 years ago

As do Armadillos.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.3  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago
I think this school administrator stuck his foot in his mouth. 

So you seeded it....without reading it.....

Niiiiice.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jack_TX @1.3    3 years ago

what an idiotic thing for you to say

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.1    3 years ago

Why? You stated he when it was a she.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.3.3  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.1    3 years ago

You very obviously didn't read the article prior to seeding it, and it doesn't appear you've read it yet.

This lady you thought was a man is in fact a high-ranking official at one of the largest school districts in the Dallas area.

She was giving a training workshop to district teachers on making sure they comply with a new law...which was actually mentioned in the article you didn't read. 

Again....obviously.....her objective was to make sure the teaching staff are aware and at least make an effort to comply with said law, so they and the district don't get sued. 

But because you read the headline and not the article, you imagined her for some sort of RW dipshit instead of a highly qualified professional attempting to protect her teachers from actual RW dipshits who have managed to get a RW dipshit law passed and cannot wait to beat somebody up with it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jack_TX @1.3.3    3 years ago

[deleted] Of course I read the article.  The fact that I wrote "he" instead of "she" just means I chose not to remember the person's name. 

The woman is trying to tell teacher's that they need to have "opposing view" materials in their classrooms or else not bring certain topics up. 

Maybe it is good advice, I dont know,  but her choice of using the Holocaust as an example was an egregious unforced error. 

Gina Peddy, who is the Carroll school district's executive director of curriculum and instruction, made the remarks during a training session this Friday that was called in response to a parent's complaint about a fourth grade teacher who had an anti-racism book in her classroom.

In Texas, these days, if you want to teach "anti-racism" you need to have some book or other material on hand suggesting an opposing view to "anti-racism" , which is what? racism ? 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.3.5  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.4    3 years ago
Removed for context

The irony is overwhelming.

Of course I read the article.

Admitting you didn't read it would be far less embarrassing than claiming you did and continuing to demonstrat zero recollection or comprehension.

The woman is trying to tell teacher's that they need to have "opposing view" materials in their classrooms or else not bring certain topics up. 

Because that's about to become state law.  Which you would know....if you read the article.

Maybe it is good advice, I dont know,  but her choice of using the Holocaust as an example was an egregious unforced error. 

It's not an error.  It's an excellent demonstration of the stupidity these teachers may be facing, and an ominous warning to protect themselves against something intelligent people find difficult to imagine.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.3.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jack_TX @1.3.5    3 years ago

The entire article is 286 words. It takes less than 30 seconds to read it. 

But I'm not going to argue with you about whether or not I read a 286 word article I seeded. 

You are convinced that because I referred to the school administrator as a he instead of a she it is proof I didnt read it.   I cant help people that come to such foolish conclusions. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.3.7  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.3.4    3 years ago

[deleted]

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    3 years ago

Well.  An opposing view of The Holocaust?   Did Eichmann leave any papers?  

And why does Israel have an affinity for this GOP?  Got to be more to it than US Taxpayer money, right?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  bbl-1 @2    3 years ago

Maybe because it took a GOP POTUS to keep his promise that his predecessors broke and moved the embassy to Jerusalem, declaring it the capital of Israel, and recognizing Israel's sovereignty over the Golan Heights and caused the Abraham accords, and would NEVER have opened an American consulate in Jerusalem for a not-yet Palestinian State that Biden intends to do.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    3 years ago

Or not.  Follow the money.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2.1    3 years ago

Bush is the only recent POTUS that promised to move the Embassy. 

Oh and BTW, wouldn't it be great if Trump made the same declaration to the people of the US as he did in the Abraham Accord? 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Dulay @2.1.2    3 years ago

Trump moved it........May 14, 2018

Trump acted under a 1995 law that requires the United States to move its embassy to Jerusalem, but to which other presidents since then - Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama - consistently signed waivers.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.4  Dulay  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.3    3 years ago

Which doesn't refute my statement in any way Jim. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  bbl-1 @2    3 years ago

or rhinehardt ? mengele ? what about the little chicken farmer ?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  bbl-1  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @2.2    3 years ago

What would an 'opposing view' of The Holocaust detail?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.2.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  bbl-1 @2.2.1    3 years ago

actually you got me , but it appears to me , that this person wants to have this subject taught not just from the standard way or view  it has been in the past , so i have to do some assuming here , and that they want it to also be taught from the perspective of those that perpetrated the atrocity. 

I am sure i could come up with a couple of class experiments that could likely teach how easy it would be to get the majority to do such things , likely along the lines of the constituional convention i participated in in 11th grade social studies and government class to see what sort of constitution we came up with .

then again , like i said , what was learned likely would not be liked , because it could apply to almost anything even to todays issues and happenings .

But if this is happening in a 4th grade class, thats really a bit young for my liking , the critical thinking skills are not fully developed yet .

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.2.3  bbl-1  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @2.2.2    3 years ago

"those that perpetuated the atrocity."  ? ?  That perspective still lives.  But ( they ) do not hold the reins of power.  At least not in the US.  However, in other places 'ethnic cleansing' has happened in recent decades.  The justifications for those actions, should they be fully studied in order to find excuse or valid reason for such policiy?  You know, in order to be 'fair and balanced'?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
2.2.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  bbl-1 @2.2.3    3 years ago

i dont know about you but the way and time i was taught about the holocaust i was a bit older than 4th or 5th grade , and it was not just the holocaust that was taught , it spanned a few different genocides that took place before and after .

i was taught to think and did wonder , how a group of people could be led to do such things against other humans , understanding that i was taught was to be able to recognize if it started happening again and to do something , if within my power so that it did not happen again .

whats the old saying ? those that fail to study and understand history , are doomed to repeat it ? 

and for a repeat to happen only takes a couple generations to forget .

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.2.5  Gordy327  replied to  bbl-1 @2.2.1    3 years ago

I'm wondering that myself.

Veronica
Professor Guide
2.2.6  Veronica  replied to  bbl-1 @2.2.1    3 years ago

My exact thought when I read the headline.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
2.3  Gsquared  replied to  bbl-1 @2    3 years ago

Claiming that "Israel has an affinity for this GOP" is a sweeping generalization.  There are some right-wing Israelis who do, while many, probably a majority, of Israelis' political views align with the Democratic Party.  Socially, the vast majority of Israelis are moderates and liberals, not reactionaries.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.3.1  JBB  replied to  Gsquared @2.3    3 years ago

Over 75% of American Jews voted for Biden...

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.3.2  bbl-1  replied to  Gsquared @2.3    3 years ago

I understand that.  But the Likkud holds the power.  Israel is governed by minority.

Again, follow the money.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago
"And make sure that if you have a book on the Holocaust, that you have one that has an opposing, that has other perspectives,"

That should recruit a lot of new members for the Nazi party and increase the presently increasing antisemitism.  I wonder about that official's ancestry.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1  bbl-1  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    3 years ago

Would that not be the point?  Revelations and all of that?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2  Jack_TX  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    3 years ago
I wonder about that official's ancestry.

Stop wondering.  It doesn't matter.

If we read the article without a pre-determined political axe to grind, what we see is a high ranking official at a very large school district telling her employees to make sure they comply with a new state law and offering suggestions on how to do so.

Carroll ISD is in a difficult position because it has a lot of almost wealthy white RW'ers, who have batshit crazy ideas and the money to hire lawyers to make everybody's lives miserable.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2    3 years ago

The teachers in that district object to being prevented from teaching the way they want to. The state of Texas is happy to try and keep them from teaching about racism, thus we get this "both sides" requirement. 

I agree that the school administrator probably didnt intend to diminish the Holocaust, but chose a horrible example to use to tell teachers they are supposed to include opposing viewpoints about historical racism in their classrooms. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.2.2  Dulay  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    3 years ago

How in the hell could a curriculum include studying the Holocaust while pretending NOT to be studying racism? 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    3 years ago
The teachers in that district object to being prevented from teaching the way they want to. The state of Texas is happy to try and keep them from teaching about racism, thus we get this "both sides" requirement.  I agree that the school administrator probably didnt intend to diminish the Holocaust, but chose a horrible example to use to tell teachers they are supposed to include opposing viewpoints about historical racism in their classrooms. 

The "inspiration" from his asinine law actually pre-dates the whole CRT stupidity/hysteria.

This one goes back to Darwin vs Intelligent Design.

Now...one would hope that the extremist morons from both tribes would take a look at this law as a shining example of how utterly brainless zeal creates bad laws and really, really idiotic situations....like how to present an alternative view of the Holocaust.

But if they were smart enough to understand any of that, they wouldn't be morons.  Or extremists.

Alas.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2    3 years ago

I suppose they won't have trouble finding authors who are Nazis, Nazi sympathizers and Jew hating antisemites who have written or are willing to write treatises on the Holocaust being the Jews' fault, and praising Hitler fo frying and gassing 6 million of them - great stuff to feed to vulnerable young minds. 

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
3.2.5  Jack_TX  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.2.4    3 years ago

There are people who argue that it never actually happened.

Yes.  I know. This is what happens when mentally ill people get a voice in public policy.

I doubt anybody is going to take this seriously, but the school district can now state truthfully that it has conducted training on compliance with this foolishness.

You know.  For when the lawsuit comes.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Jack_TX @3.2.5    3 years ago
"Yes.  I know. This is what happens when mentally ill people get a voice in public policy."

And one of the "wonderful" advantages of social media.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     3 years ago

Opposing view, how about this. Jews kill 6 million Germans.

If the ''Avengers'' had their way it would have happened.

GregTx
PhD Guide
5  GregTx    3 years ago

Did or did not something lead up to the Holocaust? Was it just an anomaly?

Gsquared
Professor Principal
5.1  Gsquared  replied to  GregTx @5    3 years ago

Two thousand years of violent anti-Semitism led up to the Holocaust.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
5.2  al Jizzerror  replied to  GregTx @5    3 years ago
Did or did not something lead up to the Holocaust?

Yeah.  Adolph Hitler lead up to the Holocaust.  Hitler was a Catholic and signed an agreement with the Catholic Church in 1933.

In July 1933, Hitler and Pope Pius XI signed a concordat, or treaty

GregTx
PhD Guide
5.2.1  GregTx  replied to  al Jizzerror @5.2    3 years ago

Yes and there were factors such as economics and the impact of the Versailles treaty that led to Hitler becoming prominent in Germany. These are things that could be viewed as "opposing views" by some yet are historical facts that should be taught. Don't you think ?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    3 years ago

Kamala Harris nods in agreement. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    3 years ago

She's married to a Jew, Sean. But nice try.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1    3 years ago

Donald Trumps grandkids are Jewish, never stopped anyone  here from calling him an anti semite. But sure, I guess we found the one person my friend is…. So I can’t be racist card works for.

She applauded a kid for claiming Israel commits ethnic genocide, but I’m sure you can ignore that too.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.1    3 years ago

Gee, I wonder why people felt that way about Trump? Maybe comments like this:

Speaking at the Israeli American Council in Hollywood, Florida, on Saturday night, Trump hit all of his favorite anti-Semitic tropes before a room full of Jewish people. He started off by once again invoking the age-old cliché about “ dual loyalty ,” saying there are Jews who “don’t love Israel enough.” After that warm-up he dove right into the stereotype about Jews and money, telling the group: “A lot of you are in the real estate business, because I know you very well. You’re brutal killers, not nice people at all,” he said. “But you have to vote for me—you have no choice.

And he didn't marry a Jew. His daughter did. I said nothing about Ivanka

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.1    3 years ago
Donald Trumps grandkids are Jewish, never stopped anyone  here from calling him an anti semite.

That’s the damned truth.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.2    3 years ago

d he didn't marry a Jew.

Did I claim he did? 

. I said nothing about Ivanka

Right, you ignored her, his son in law who is one of his closest advisors and his Jewish grandchildren. 

You can't use having a Jewish family member as  complete shield against charges of anti-Semitism for Harris and then dismiss it for Trump. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.5  Dulay  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.1.1    3 years ago
Donald Trumps grandkids are Jewish, never stopped anyone  here from calling him an anti semite.

Donald had little to nothing to do with raising his own children. What makes you think that his Jewish grandkids will fair any better? 

Of course, they make good props but I doubt they call him Gramps...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.2    3 years ago

All of what Trump did and had his administration do concerning Israel is not exactly what an anti-Semite would do.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2  Gsquared  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    3 years ago

The perpetrators of the Holocaust.  "Very fine people," says Donald Trump.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Gsquared @6.2    3 years ago

No he didn’t. When you have to make things up, you lose all credibility. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Gsquared  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.1    3 years ago

You mean like saying "Kamala Harris nods in agreement".  

When you have no credibility, you shouldn't lecture people about credibility.  It shows you up as a hypocrite.

Trump called Nazis "very fine people".  You can deny it all you want.  It doesn't make it any less true.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Gsquared @6.2.2    3 years ago
Kamala Harris nods in agreement".

Did you think I was literally reporting her reaction? Oh boy.

Trump called Nazis "very fine people".

No, he didn't.   You are are falsely claiming he literally said something he didn't.  You lose credibility when you distort reality like that. 

By all means, show me the text where he called Nazi's very fine people  and please use such reading comprehension skills as you have before doing so  to save yourself embarrassment.  Words matter. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.2.4  Greg Jones  replied to  Gsquared @6.2.2    3 years ago

No he didn't.  If you think so, cite a source

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.3    3 years ago
No, he didn't.   You are are falsely claiming he literally said something he didn't.  You lose credibility when you distort reality like that. 

The whole thing about Trump saying "very fine people on both sides" is filled with confusion.

First of all the Charlottesville rally was called "Unite The Right" and was organized by a white supremacist. He got the permit, he advertised the rally. It WAS a white power or white supremacist rally. Period.  Trump said there were fine people on both sides on his presumption that not everyone there to protest the removal of a Robert E Lee statue was in a white supremacist group. 

But I think that rationale is toilet paper thin.  For weeks prior to the rally there had been turmoil over giving the white power march a city permit, and it had been in the local Charlottesville media many times. Everyone in town knew what the "Unite The Right Rally" was going to be, it was heavily advertised. Trump knew, or certainly should have known it was a white supremacist rally. That made saying "there were fine people on both sides" extremely inappropriate. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.5    3 years ago
The whole thing about Trump saying "very fine people on both sides" is filled with confusion.

The only thing confused is some people's ability to read or hear something and put it into proper context.

Of course, it involved Trump, so all common sense and reason flew out the window for those unable to use context.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.7  Gsquared  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.5    3 years ago

Indeed, John.  That is all very true.  There were Neo-Nazis and other fascists marching in Charlottesville chanting "Jews will not replace us."  Trump called them "very fine people".  Anyone who denies it is, of course, lying or ignorant and totally misinformed.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.8  Gsquared  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.3    3 years ago
Kamala Harris nods in agreement. 

You said it.  The issue of whether you meant it to be taken literally or not is a total red herring.  

When you have to make things up, you lose all credibility. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.9  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.6    3 years ago

If you like, I will bury you on this topic.  Unite The Right was a white supremacy rally, period. 

Trump had to make two statements, one on the Saturday it happened and another one in the lobby of Trump Tower on the following Monday because the first statement had been so inadequate. 

I know the context of all of it, and you know nothing. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.9    3 years ago
If you like, I will bury you on this topic. 

Impossible, of course.

But please keep believing what you were told to believe by the media you listen to.

No matter whether you accept it or not, I will always know you are wrong.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.11  Gsquared  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.10    3 years ago
you know nothing

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.12  Texan1211  replied to  Gsquared @6.2.11    3 years ago

Sorry, I can't explain context to folks without clues.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.13  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.5    3 years ago
le thing about Trump saying "very fine people on both sides" is filled with confusion.

No, it's not. It's a very simple. Trump clearly  said there were very fine people on both sides of the issue of removing the Lee statue, but Neo-Nazi's should be condemned totally. It's not that difficult to understand and no one who passed eighth grade can claim that he called Nazis very fine people. It's totally dishonest and flies in the face of his specific denunciation of Nazis. It's basic reading comprehension.

ized by a white supremacist. He got the permit, he advertised the rally. 

So what? Are all people who attended anti-war rallies over Iraq communists? Are all  those who attended the Putin organized anti trump rally Russian agents?  Take a look sometime at the organizations that organize left wing demonstrations. A lot of them are not really friendly to the Jewish people.  You better watch it, you attend the wrong gay pride parade and you are an anti-semite under your own standards. 

Even if every single person there was a neo-nazi, your actual argument is that Trump was wrong to claim anyone but neo-nazis were there. That not  relevant to demonstrating Trump called Neo-Nazis very fine people.  What matters is what Trump said and no honest person can turn his explicit condemnation of Nazis into Trump calling Nazis very fine people. It's just gaslighting. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.14  Sean Treacy  replied to  Gsquared @6.2.7    3 years ago
s."  Trump called them "very fine people".  Anyone who denies it is, of course, lying or ignorant and totally misinformed

Didn't you claim to be a lawyer, or was that someone else? I'd hate to see you try and read a contract if you think Trump referred to Nazis as very fine people.  You really struggle with identifying the subject of   simple sentences. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.15  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.13    3 years ago

No, you are the one gaslighting. "Fine people" who went to the rally because of Robert E Lee knew they were going to a white power rally. Maybe their love of Robert E Lee compelled them to go anyway. They are not "very fine people".

If Trump didnt know he was praising a white power rally he's even dumber than we all thought. 

Trump tried to pull a slick one and it more or less blew up on him. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.16  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.15    3 years ago
"Fine people" who went to the rally because of Robert E Lee knew they were going to a white power rally.

Sounds like that applies equally to the fine folks on the other side.

LOL!

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.17  Gsquared  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.14    3 years ago

You really struggle with the truth.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.18  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.15    3 years ago

you are the one gaslighting

Bullshit. I'm the only paying attention to what he actually said.  If you actually cared what he thought about Nazis you'd quote the part where he specifically addressed and condemned them. That's the sort of thing you learn in grammar school when you read a paragraph and the test asks you to go back and identify what the speaker said about a topic. In this case, if the question was "what does Trump think about Nazis" the correct answer would be to highlight the part where he said "I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. " and  select the answer 'Trump said neo-Nazis should be condemned totally.' 

Instead, you project your views onto Trump and imagine what he knew or should have known, all the while ignoring what he actually said.   Again, the claim is about what he said. Your whole argument is that he was wrong about who was at the march, not over what he actually said. As you recognize, it's impossible to twist his actual words into Trump calling Nazis "very fine people." The English language simply doesn't allow one to do it in good faith. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.19  Sean Treacy  replied to  Gsquared @6.2.17    3 years ago
You really struggle with the truth.

. You really struggle with both the truth and reading comprehension. Tough combo for you. 

If you work on your reading comprehension, you'd realize I'm trying to help you understand the truth. You've obviously been misled into believing nonsense by left wing blogs that take advantage of ignorant readers. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.20  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.18    3 years ago

The  Unite the Right rally  was a  white supremacist [5] [6] [7] [8]  rally that took place in  Charlottesville, Virginia , from August 11 to 12, 2017. [9] [10] [11]   Far-right  groups participated, including self-identified members of the  alt-right , [12]   neo-Confederates , [13]   neo-fascists , [14]   white nationalists , [15]   neo-Nazis , [16]   Klansmen , [17]  and various right-wing  militias . [18]  Some groups chanted  racist  and  antisemitic  slogans and carried weapons,  Nazi and neo-Nazi symbols , the  Valknut Confederate battle flags Deus Vult  crosses, flags, and other symbols of various past and present  anti-Islamic  and  anti-Semitic  groups. [24]  The organizers' stated goals included unifying the American  white nationalist  movement [12]  and opposing the proposed removal of the  statue of General Robert E. Lee  from Charlottesville's former  Lee Park . [22] [25]

In the wake of the   Charleston church shooting   in June 2015, efforts were made across   the South   to   remove Confederate monuments   from public spaces and rename streets honoring notable figures from the   Confederacy . While often successful, these efforts faced a backlash from people concerned about protecting their Confederate heritage. [7]   The August 11–12 Unite the Right rally was organized by Charlottesville native   Jason Kessler   to protest the Charlottesville City Council's decision to remove the   Robert E. Lee statue   honoring the   Confederate general , as well as the renaming of the statue's eponymous park (renamed to Emancipation Park in June 2017, and again to   Market Street Park   in 2018). [45] [46] [47]   The Charlottesville resident and University of Virginia graduate took up the cause in March 2016 when Charlottesville Vice Mayor Wes Bellamy [48]   held a press conference to call for removal of the statue. Kessler, referring to Bellamy as "anti-white", exposed a series of offensive tweets made by Bellamy several years earlier and began an unsuccessful petition drive which sought to remove Bellamy from office. [49] [50]   In the first of many altercations in which he was involved, Kessler was charged with assault for his January 22, 2017, punching of a resident who rebuked his recall petition and refused to sign it. [51]   While Bellamy stepped down from his post on the Virginia Board of Education, resigned his teaching position at   Albemarle High School , and apologized for the offensive tweets, he ultimately remained on City Council after Kessler's petition was dismissed by a judge. [52] [53]   Lee Park became the site of numerous neo-Confederate events throughout the spring of 2017, including a campaign rally by Virginia Republican gubernatorial candidate   Corey Stewart , which further politicized this public space. [25] [54] [55]

Summer rallies in Charlottesville [ edit ]

On May 13, 2017, white supremacist   Richard Spencer   led a nighttime rally in Charlottesville to protest the city's plans to remove the statue of Lee. The event involved over 100 protesters, from various alt-right groups from around the country, chanting "Jews will not replace us!" [56]   and "Russia is our friend!" while holding lit torches near the statue, a spectacle which many Charlottesville residents found intimidating, and which the mayor denounced as a "harken[ing] back to the days of the KKK." [57] [58]   The next night, hundreds of anti-racist Charlottesville residents held a   candlelight counterprotest   in response. [59]   Throughout early to mid-2017, tensions mounted as neo-Confederate and alt-right groups' sporadic gatherings in Charlottesville's downtown parks and pedestrian mall were confronted by anti-racist activists, resulting in occasional scuffles and some arrests. [60] [61] [62]   On July 8, 2017, the   Loyal White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan , a group from Pelham, North Carolina, held a rally at the Stonewall Jackson statue in Charlottesville. [63]   In opposition to the rally, the Charlottesville Clergy Collective created a   safe space   two blocks from the Klan rally at First United Methodist Church, which was used by over 600 people. [63]   About 50 Klan members were drowned out by 1,000 counterprotesters (including 23 civil disobedience activists arrested for attempting to block the Klan group's entry into the park), who gathered at a loud but nonviolent rally dubbed by anti-racist organizers as the "#BlocKKKParty." [64] [65]   After the Klan group's departure, however, the Charlottesville Police Department declared the remaining counterprotesters to be an unlawful assembly, and ordered their dispersal – an order which, given the din of the crowd and the police helicopter hovering overhead, went unheard by many in the crowd. Although the Charlottesville chief of police had denied permission for the measure, the Virginia State Police acted upon an unapproved order and fired three tear gas canisters into a retreating group of counterprotesters. Police and city government officials later defended the action, which anti-racist counter-demonstrators and legal observer organizations characterized as police brutality. The resulting mistrust between law enforcement and local activists clouded the remainder of the summer, setting the stage for the August 12 Unite the Right rally. [66] [67]

Protesters [ edit ]

220px-White_supremacists_clash_with_police_%2836421659232%29.jpg
White supremacists clash with police.

Among the far-right groups engaged in organizing the march were the Stormer Book Clubs (SBCs) of the neo-Nazi news website   The Daily Stormer , [68]   The Right Stuff , [69]   the   National Policy Institute , [70]   and four groups that form the   Nationalist Front : [64]   the neo-Confederate   League of the South   and Identity Dixie, [64]   the neo-Nazi groups   Traditionalist Worker Party , [71] [72]   Vanguard America , [71]   and the   National Socialist Movement . [64]   Other groups involved in the rally were the Ku Klux Klan (specifically the   Loyal White Knights   and the Confederate White Knights branches), [22] [73]   the   Fraternal Order of Alt-Knights , [71]   the neo-nazi White supremacist group   Identity Evropa   (since rebranded as the 'American Identity Movement'), [74]   the   Southern California -based fight club Rise Above Movement, [75] [76]   the American Guard, [20]   the Detroit Right Wings – who were condemned by the   Detroit Red Wings   NHL team for their use of the team's logo, [77] [78]   True Cascadia, [79]   the   Canada -based ARM (Alt-Right   Montreal ) and Hammer Brothers, [80]   and   Anti-Communist Action . [20]

220px-Christopher_Cantwell_at_Unite_the_RIght_pepper-sprayed.jpg
Christopher Cantwell after getting tear-gassed on the East side of the park

Prominent far-right figures in attendance included   National Policy Institute   Chairman and white supremacist   Richard Spencer , [81]   entertainer and internet troll   Baked Alaska , [81]   former   Libertarian Party   candidate   Augustus Invictus , [82]   former Ku Klux Klan   Imperial Wizard   David Duke , [83]   Identity Evropa leader   Nathan Damigo , [84]   Traditionalist Workers Party   leader   Matthew Heimbach , [81]   Right Stuff   founder   Mike Enoch , [81]   Eric Striker of   The Daily Stormer , [85]   League of the South founder and leader   Michael Hill , [10]   Red Ice   host and founder Henrik Palmgren, [86]   The Rebel Media   commentator   Faith Goldy , [87]   Right Side Broadcasting Network   host   Nick Fuentes , [88]   YouTube personality   James Allsup , [88]   Altright.com   European editor   Daniel Friberg , [89]   former   Business Insider   CTO   Pax Dickinson, [90]   Right Stuff   blogger Johnny Monoxide, [91]   Daily Stormer   writers Robert "Azzmador" Ray and Gabriel "Zeiger" Sohier-Chaput, [92]   Daily Caller   contributor and rally organizer   Jason Kessler , [93]   and   Radical Agenda   host   Christopher Cantwell . [94] [95]   Gavin McInnes , the leader of the self-described "Western chauvinist"   Proud Boys   was invited to attend but declined because of an unwillingness "to be associated with explicit neo-Nazis" although the militia wing of the group the aforementioned Fraternal Order of the Alt-Knights did attend. [21]   In June, ahead of the rally, McInnes declared that "we need to distance ourselves from them", but "after backlash to the original disavowal flared-up from Alt-Right circles, the statement was withdrawn and replaced with another distancing the Proud Boys from the event yet also encouraging those who 'feel compelled' to attend". [96]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.21  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.20    3 years ago

Dont tell me Sean , that Trump didnt know this was a white supremacist rally. It is absurd. Dont tell me that the the people who went there to oppose the removal of the statue didnt know it was a white supremacist rally, that is absurd too. This had been going on in Charlottesville all summer. 

Trump wanted to throw the white racists a bone, so he said there were fine people on both sides. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.22  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.21    3 years ago
p didnt know this was a white supremacist rall

Again, John, you can claim everyone there to protest the removal of the Lee statute was a white supremacist because some white supremacists attended or were organizers, but that doesn't mean everyone was, in fact a  white supremacist. As I said, Non communists attended ant-war rallies organized by communists. Do you claim it's okay to call everyone who attended those anti war rallies a communist?  I don't credit Trump with the ability to peer into the hearts of everyone and know their true beliefs. I'm surprised you, of all people, credit him with that supernatural power. 

But all this talk about organizers is a distraction.  It doesn't change what Trump actually said, which is the actual issue. You, and all the other who push the false "very fine people" narrative continue to ignore the  part of his statement where he specifically  addressed  neo-nazis and white nationalists. Somehow you gloss right over the part where he specifically condemns them, "totally".  You can't torture logic and the English language  enough to turn a specific  condemnation of neo-Nazis and white nationalists into claiming he called them very fine people.  All you are doing is claiming Trump shouldn't have tried to make a distinction between those protesting the removal of the statue and the neo-Nazis he specifically condemned. But again, that doesn't change the fact that he condemned the Nazis or somehow mean he called Nazis very fine people. That's a preposterously dishonest and corrupt misreading of what he actually said.   

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.24  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.22    3 years ago

Ive never claimed that Trump literally said the neo Nazis were very fine people. 

Im saying Trump knew that it was a white supremacist rally and said what he said about "very fine people" to keep his base happy. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.25  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.22    3 years ago

Sean, Trump botched his "statement " so badly on Saturday that he had to come back two days later and rephrase it. Not that it sounded any better on Monday. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.26  Gsquared  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.19    3 years ago

You really struggle with the truth, reading comprehension, historical awareness and an exaggerated portrayal of your own self-importance.  Usually the latter is a psychological defense to a severe inferiority complex.

The question posed is whether you are so ignorant and badly misinformed that you believe the nonsense you write, or if you intentionally spew disinformation.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
6.2.27  al Jizzerror  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.20    3 years ago

jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.28  Sean Treacy  replied to  Gsquared @6.2.26    3 years ago
Usually the latter is a psychological defense to a severe inferiority co
Lol. Now you pretend to be a psychiatrist   too!  
u really struggle with the truth, reading comprehension, historical awareness an

All you've done is make a silly declaration you can't support and project your own shortcomings onto me. [Deleted]

hether you are so ignorant and badly misinformed that you believe the nonsense you write, 

[Deleted]  Much like Tessy, all you do is offer substance free opinions that you can't offer an actual argument in support of. No wonder you haven't even tried. Even you know you are wrong. 

I get it, you can call names and make declarations. But even your own side recognizes you lied.  Just be honest and admit you are wrong. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.29  Sean Treacy  replied to    3 years ago
ou defending what he said?

What do you think needs defense? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.30  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.24    3 years ago
ever claimed that Trump literally said the neo Nazis were very fine people. 

Please tell that to your fellow travelers [Deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.31  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.9    3 years ago
If you like, I will bury you on this topic.

You've never "buried" anyone on any topic. Today will be no different.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.32  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @6.2.31    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.33  Gsquared  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.28    3 years ago

I can prove my credentials, [Deleted]

Try your fake outrage on someone who cares.  

[Deleted]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.34  Sean Treacy  replied to  Gsquared @6.2.33    3 years ago
I can prove my credentials

I don't care.  Just prove an argument for once. 

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.2.35  Gsquared  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.34    3 years ago
prove an argument

The proof is right before us, but, of course, it's not possible to "prove" anything to someone who is willfully blind.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6.2.36  bbl-1  replied to  Gsquared @6.2.35    3 years ago

And--------Maga is a social disorder.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.37  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @6.2.31    3 years ago
Today will be no different.

Wasn't that rather amusing?

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.38  bugsy  replied to  bbl-1 @6.2.36    3 years ago
And--------Maga is a social disorder.

And...liberalism is a mental disorder.

What's your point?

Duck Hawk
Freshman Silent
6.2.39  Duck Hawk  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.1    3 years ago

"Jews will not replace us!" Sounds like neo-Nazi's to me. Didn't DT say those at Charlottesville were "Very fine people.."? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.40  Texan1211  replied to  Duck Hawk @6.2.39    3 years ago

No, he simply didn't, and it isn't necessary to believe everything the media tells you.

You can look the quote up WITH all the other things he said to put it into proper context.

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.41  bugsy  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.40    3 years ago

They won't. The leftist lying media told them what they wanted to hear, and that is what they are running with...no questions asked.

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.2.42  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @6.2.41    3 years ago

Projection. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.43  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @6.2.42    3 years ago

[deleted]

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
7  Mark in Wyoming     3 years ago

sounds like , the person being dealt with might be a holocaust denier, or worse , an apologist  .

she likely wouldnt like the way i go about teaching what she wants .

devil is in the details .

did i read that right ? this stemmed from a complaint about something in a 4th grade class?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8  Tacos!    3 years ago

The Holocaust is not an opinion or a point of view. It was an event. I don’t know how you can have an opposing viewpoint unless you think the Nazis should have killed more Jews.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @8    3 years ago

Or that they did t kill any and it is just another Jewish plot? Either way, Nazis think A LOT about Jews

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.1    3 years ago

Imagine the things that could be accomplished if large groups of people were actually able to organize their words, thoughts, and actions to that degree.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Tacos! @8.1.1    3 years ago

jokes aside, clarify homie. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8.1.2    3 years ago

Sure. So I hear these insane conspiracy theories, and I think: does anyone consider all the shit that would have to go perfect for their theory to work? I mean we know how incompetent people are. We know how shitty they are at keeping secrets. And it only gets worse the more people are involved. 

So these morons - knowing what they know about human nature and institutions - really believe that thousands or millions of people could pull off hoaxes like a faked moon landing, a manufactured pandemic, or the fake murdering of six millions Jews. 

I mean people can’t keep their mistresses or their browser history secret. But they really think thousands and millions of people could pull off this other shit. I know we’re not supposed to say the R-word anymore, but these people are retarded. Like Megaretarded.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
9  al Jizzerror    3 years ago

The opposing "view" is Holocaust denial.  It's a theme of nazis and White Supremacists.

This guy was one of Trump's terrorists on Jan 6th.

Crazy Proud Boys wore shits with "6MWE" (six million wasn't enough) emblazoned on them.

Trump told the Proud Boys to "stand back and stand by."  The Proud Boys were wearing shirt bearing that Trump quotation the day after Trump said it.

Trump was proud of them for participating in the Jan 6th insurrection.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9.1  Tacos!  replied to  al Jizzerror @9    3 years ago
The opposing "view" is Holocaust denial.

It seems more like those guys are suffering from Holocaust Dissatisfaction.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
10  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

Opposing view:  they were going to eventually die anyway.

freepress
Freshman Silent
11  freepress    3 years ago

The opposing view was the Nazis. That is included in the teaching of this subject. Nazis bad, U.S. and Allies good.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
12  Ed-NavDoc    3 years ago

To try to talk about opposing views of the Holocaust is to invoke a oxymoron of epic proportions.

al Jizzerror
Masters Expert
13  al Jizzerror    3 years ago

Maybe Trump will send them copies of his favorite book:  Mein Kampf  by Adolph Hitler.

Moose Knuckle
Freshman Quiet
14  Moose Knuckle    3 years ago

Gina Peddy is a liberal and she's pissed at the state law that buries CRT.  So yes she is a Nazi. What a great way to make your point, demand access to antiemetic nonsense.

Veronica
Professor Guide
15  Veronica    3 years ago

Bump

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
16  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

OMG I hate this. Absolutely hate it. I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK WHAT PATENTS THINK ABOUT WHAT IS TAIGHT IN SCHOOLS. 

Parents are fucking idiots who have no idea what they are talking about. I had this discussion with my father a week ago when I saw a headline about parents and school boards and said “fuck the parents, they are goddamn idiots and their opinions should play a minimal part in what is taught in school.”

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
16.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Thrawn 31 @16    3 years ago

It wasn't too long ago that a lot of people objected to kids being taught Arabic numbers in school.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
16.1.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  sandy-2021492 @16.1    3 years ago

You mean fucking math? lol

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
16.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Thrawn 31 @16.1.2    3 years ago

Yup.  I suppose they thought we should be using Roman numerals. like calculus isn't already hard enough. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
16.1.4  1stwarrior  replied to  sandy-2021492 @16.1    3 years ago

Not long ago???  Was this longer ago or less?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
16.1.5  Thrawn 31  replied to  sandy-2021492 @16.1.3    3 years ago

ait, we moved past roman numerals? 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
16.1.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  Thrawn 31 @16.1.5    3 years ago

I thought we did.  It's been a long time since I took a math class, though.  I could be wrong.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
16.1.7  Gordy327  replied to  1stwarrior @16.1.4    3 years ago

You forgot to mention GIlligan's Island. But yet, I'm feeling old now. jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

bccrane
Freshman Silent
17  bccrane    3 years ago

"Just try to remember the concepts of [House Bill] 3979," Peddy said in a recording taken secretly by a Carrol staff member, referring to a new Texas law that requires teachers to present multiple perspectives when discussing "widely debated and currently controversial" issues.

To me it sounds like she is just doing what the house bill 3979 required, advising the teachers to present multiple perspectives and any other perspective on, in this case, the holocaust, which there really isn't any.  When she was questioned about the alternate view of the holocaust she was perplexed as was the teacher, so  she is not a nazi or white supremist, she was just trying advise on how to follow the guidelines.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
17.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  bccrane @17    3 years ago

That may be the case but it is probably a good bet that what they had in mind were reasonable alternate perspectives rather than the Holocaust!

Dulay
Professor Expert
17.1.1  Dulay  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @17.1    3 years ago

Instead of kneejerk reactions to non-existent threats, the Texas legislature should have thought through the possible consequences of their bill. Maybe even talk to some EDUCATORS and ask them about what could be the real world effect of their mandates.

But that isn't how Texas rolls... 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
17.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @17.1    3 years ago

It's about dragging religion into every aspect of Texans lives. 

Teach evolution?

Then be compelled to teach creationism.

Rather than allow USA or Texas history to be challenged by alternative perspectives like 1619,

Texas hypocritically  banned CRT.

Texas separation of church and state?

Tuesday afternoon, signing an executive order banning masks mandates in any part of the Lone Star State, Governor Greg Abbott declared, “Texans, not government, should decide their best health practices.”

Wednesday morning,  the Texas Republican didn’t even try to restrain his glee as he signed an abortion ban bill into law, surrounded by about 50 men and only eight women (almost, if not all, appeared to be white.)

“Our creator endowed us with the right to life,” said Abbott, who has a law degree from Vanderbilt University, “and yet, millions of children lose their right to life every year, because of abortion.”

'New Season of The Handmaid's Tale?': TX Gov. Abbott Slammed as He Signs Abortion Ban Bill Surrounded by ‘50 Men, 8 Women' (thenewcivilrightsmovement.com

“Senate Bill 17 will ensure that no Texans will ever have to choose between their job and their faith,” said Patrick in a statement . “Preserving religious liberty, has, and will always be, one of my top priorities, and I congratulate Senator Perry on passing this important legislation. Senate Bill 17 will protect Texans of all religious faiths.”

Texas 'religious freedom' bill opens door to LGBT discrimination, opponents say | Texas | The Guardian

It's basically majority rule by white Xtian republicans without regard for the Constitutional protections for all Texans.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
17.1.3  Jack_TX  replied to  Dulay @17.1.1    3 years ago
Instead of kneejerk reactions to non-existent threats, the Texas legislature should have thought through the possible consequences of their bill.

We don't agree often.  However today......  

Snuffy
Professor Participates
17.2  Snuffy  replied to  bccrane @17    3 years ago
n this case, the holocaust, which there really isn't any. 

They could probably reach out to TUTI Books for books on a 'different' perspective of the holocaust. As this is an Iranian publishing house they may have several books that point out how the holocaust never happened...   sigh

Dulay
Professor Expert
17.2.1  Dulay  replied to  Snuffy @17.2    3 years ago

One need only go to Amazon to purchase that garbage...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
18  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago

And the beat goes on....

1. Vendor sells Nazi gear at motorcycle rally | Rock Hill Herald

2. .
  3. .

October 16, 2021 7:18 PM DAYTONA BEACH,  Fla.  A  vendor  at a major  motorcycle rally in Florida  briefly  sold hats  emblazoned with  Nazi  symbols, saying she considered them a tribute to World War II...