╌>

Jewish member of Canada's Parliament calls for an apology

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  2 years ago  •  139 comments

Jewish member of Canada's Parliament calls for an apology
If Canadians are to trust government, their government needs to trust Canadians....Justin Trudeau in 2015

Justin Trudeau, the diminutive (in stature as well as size) leader of Canada is again smearing people as progressives frequently do. This time he has smeared the protestors as Nazis and a Jewish member of Parliament as being one as well.

As Canadian police begin a mass ticketing campaign and "Go Fund Me" froze funding for the truckdrivers and attempts to freeze their bank accounts begin, Trudeau is smearing everyone involved. Trudeau's authoritarian tactics have sparked a massive backlash in and out of Canada. Yesterday he was taken to task on the floor of Parliament for his derogatory remarks. A hate monger recently told me that words are a window into one's character. Never more so than with the little man who for the first time in Canadian history imposed martial law.

Yesterday he outdid himself. He smeared a Jewish member of Parliament, Melissa Lantsman and walked away. A trademark of little Justin's. He hid out when he had covid and he ran out yesterday after smearing this woman. 

Conservative MP Dane Lloyd slammed Trudeau over his comments and demanded an apology.

“Mr. Speaker, I’ve never seen such shameful and dishonorable remarks coming from this prime minister,” said Lloyd.

Melissa Lantsman is a grandchild of Holocaust survivors.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

"His leadership is in trouble, the country is in trouble and he has lost control of the situation"......Melissa Lantsman

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    2 years ago

Uh oh .... the boy PM is about to get his wee-wee whacked ......

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2    2 years ago

Any resemblance?

little-boy-blue-painting-23.png

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

Who dat?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @2.1.1    2 years ago

It's none other than "Little Boy Blue!"

I doubt you'd find him at Parris Island.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.2    2 years ago

Lol

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.5  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kathleen @2.1.4    2 years ago

I think it was called Little Boy Blue & Justin.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.6  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.5    2 years ago

They are Pinkie and Blue Boy by Gainsborough.

original

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    2 years ago

You keep pointing to Trudeau as being effeminate.  Jealous much?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.7    2 years ago

Appearances can be deceiving. It turns out that he is an authoritarian.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kathleen @2.1.9    2 years ago

Do you still have them up?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.8    2 years ago

[removed]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kathleen @2.1.11    2 years ago

It's too bad you don't have them. It's amazing how we treasure what we once took for granted.

Hallux
Professor Principal
2.1.14  Hallux  replied to  JBB @2.1.6    2 years ago

The portrait of Sarah Moulton, a.k.a Pinkie, was painted by Thomas Lawrence. The resemblance to Gainsborough is wishful thinking.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

FLxOU-VXsAM8EKO?format=jpg&name=small

Lantsman then brought up how Trudeau recently labeled the protesters “very often misogynistic, racist, women-haters, science-deniers, the fringe.”

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    2 years ago

Per Trudeau’s government, Canada must be a Terrible place full of racists, sexists and every other ist in the world. Every time he’s in the news he’s hysterically justifying some totalitarian act because Canada is apparently overrun with threats to society.

the man really hates Canadians 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    2 years ago

The ironic part is that the very people he is smearing - the truck drivers, have become a symbol of the rising resistance to leftist authoritarian rule in both the US and Canada.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago

And four of those Freedom Convoy members have just been charged with conspiracy to commit murder.

BTW you mentioned that Trudeau was diminutive in stature as well as size, he is 6'2'' and quite a good fighter. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @4.1.1    2 years ago
And four of those Freedom Convoy members have just been charged with conspiracy to commit murder on the RCMP.

When you say they were charged with such a crime, a link is essential.

BTW you mentioned that Trudeau was diminutive in stature as well as size, he is 6'2'' and quite a good fighter. 

As old as I am, I'm sure I could put him down.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    2 years ago
When you say they were charged with such a crime, a link is essential.

I gave you too much credit. I thought since you were attacking Trudeau that you would be up to date on all the happenings in Canada...So here is the link for you to enjoy.

As old as I am, I'm sure I could put him down.

I'd say that you have delusions of grandeur with that comment..LMAO.

You might want to do some research before trying to blow smoke. Check with conservative politician  Patrick Brazeau a black belt in karate. Trudeau KO'd him in three rounds in 2017.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.2    2 years ago

Four arrested for conspiracy to murder Canadian police at ...

23 hours ago · Four men have reportedly been taken into custody following a plot to kill members of the Royal  Canadian  Mounted Police (RCMP).. The individuals were arrested by the RCMP and...

‘Freedom Convoy’ Suspects Charged With Plan to Kill Cops ...

20 hours ago · Three of the 11  charged —Chris Carbert, 44, Christopher Lysak, 48, Jerry Morin, 40, and Anthony Olienick, 39—face  conspiracy to commit murder  charges. The others—Ursula...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.4    2 years ago

I posted that without having seen that Kavika had already posted a link.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @4.1.3    2 years ago
So here is the link

And here is an excerpt from your link:

"National security expert Stephanie Carvin summarized accelerationism as a belief that society is ultimately corrupt, on its way to collapse and that violent revolution is the way to achieve that goal faster.

She said she’s wary of the narrative that the blockade was subverted by extremists."

Oh, the leftist media wouldn't do that, would they?

Patrick Brazeau a black belt in karate. Trudeau KO'd him in three rounds in 2017.

That may be so, but Trudeau didn't grow up in the old neighborhood. He may not know what I know. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.4    2 years ago
Patrick Brazeau a black belt in karate. Trudeau KO'd him in three rounds in 2017.

Don't try to smear the protest with that Buzz.  

We saw real murder in 2020. About a dozen people were killed in the US and I didn't hear a thing about arrests.

As I keep telling you Buzz, always be careful of the company you keep.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.7    2 years ago

Why are you making that shit up?  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago

"The ironic part is that the very people he is smearing - the truck drivers, have become a symbol of the rising resistance to leftist authoritarian rule in both the US and Canada."

Leftist authoritarian rule?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

They're alt-right funded morons who have been squatting in and terrorizing Ottawa for over two weeks.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.6    2 years ago

Are you excusing those that have been charged with conspiracy to murder? The media didn't charge them the RCMP did...Seems you have no response but BS.

That may be so, but Trudeau didn't grow up in the old neighborhood. He may not know what I know. 

LMAO, he probably forgot more than you know. LOL, you are sure trying to sound like a badass or an internet warrior. You failed.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.1.5    2 years ago

Always look before you leap!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @4.1.10    2 years ago
Are you excusing those that have been charged with conspiracy to murder?

Where did I say that?

You seem to be using them to smear the entire protest.

And I know that you, of all people, would never do that.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.13  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.9    2 years ago
Leftist authoritarian rule?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.8    2 years ago

You mean Trudeau demonizing the truck drivers?

Show me where I'm wrong?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.15  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.7    2 years ago

We saw real murder in 2020. About a dozen people were killed in the US and I didn't hear a thing about arres

it was more than that. Imagine if Trump had responded to the summer of rioting, looting,  murder and arson like Trudeau did to truckers blowing horns….

progressives would have suffocated because they were to busy denouncing trump as dictator to remember to breath.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.17  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.8    2 years ago

I was wondering about that as well.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.18  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    2 years ago

You actually pulled out the important excerpt.

Well done!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.19  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.14    2 years ago

It would be easier to show you where you're correct.   [removed]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.20  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.15    2 years ago

They look for an extremist so they can smear the entire protest. That is part of who they are!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.21  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.20    2 years ago

It's not a protest.  It's an alt-right funded terrorist campaign.  They're not protesting dick.  They've been squatting and terrorizing Ottawa for over two weeks now.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.23  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.21    2 years ago
It's an alt-right funded terrorist campaign.

I see.  And where was this act of terror committed?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.24  author  Vic Eldred  replied to    2 years ago

That's a great lesson for all of us.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.26  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.12    2 years ago
Where did I say that?

Do you know what question marks mean, Vic? BTW if you going to copy and paste my comment, copy and paste the whole thing.

You seem to be using them to smear the entire protest.

And I know that you, of all people, would never do that.

Pointing out facts isn't smearing anyone, Vic. Too bad that you can't differentiate that from your false narrative.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.27  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @4.1.26    2 years ago

You are smearing. You posted that to condemn the entire protest as being driven by extremists.

Everyone can see it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.28  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @4.1.26    2 years ago

No, you're not smearing anyone Kavika.  Not at all.  You're correct, pointing out facts isn't smearing.  The entire 'protest' is being funded and carried out by EXTREMISTS.  How else would these alleged truckers - who haven't been working for over two weeks now - be able to squat in and terrorize the town for over two weeks now?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.29  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.7    2 years ago

I never said anything about karate.  Are you sure you haven't mistaken me for Kavika?

You think only about a dozen people were killed in the US in 2020?  How about 21,570 ?

1. Number of murders in the U.S. | Statista

2. How  many  criminal homicides  were  there in the  U.S .?  In 2020 , there  were  21,570 reported cases of  murder  or non-negligent manslaughter in the  United States .

Maybe I'm developing Alzheimer's in my old age, but I don't recall your EVER telling me to be careful of the company I keep.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.30  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.27    2 years ago

Yes everyone can see it.    

Everyone who isn’t a biased, left wing crackpot that is.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.31  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.27    2 years ago
You are smearing. You posted that to condemn the entire protest as being driven by extremists.Everyone can see it.

So now you're the Great Karnac and can read minds. My suggestion to you is first to try to read your own mind and the manipulation and hoops it's jumping through to keep making shit up.

Carry on, it's entertaining to watch you spin.

BTW, the majority of Canadians are against the Freedom Convoy, so I'm in good company.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.32  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.11    2 years ago
Always look before you leap!

I'm too old to leap.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.33  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.30    2 years ago

What they can't seem to understand is that a protest is always justifiable to those protesting. They don't like this particular cause even though the truck drivers have a point. It is time to roll back pandemic restrictions in Canada. The premiers of Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Prince Edward Island have either removed restrictions or announced a detailed timeline for doing so. Trudeau’s government has done neither. Please note, the provinces of Canada removed their restrictions long after the Europeans did. Trudeau has put himself in political danger by taking this thing to the brink. Isn't it amazing how authoritarian the left became as soon as they got power?   Now we know.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.34  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @4.1.31    2 years ago
BTW, the majority of Canadians are against the Freedom Convoy, so I'm in good company.

canadian truckers have denounced those alt-right funded morons.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.35  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.33    2 years ago

Hey, haters gotta hate .... nothing more complicated than that

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.36  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.35    2 years ago

Call them out when they make hateful statements. The same protection of "speak your mind" has to protect those calling out hate at least as much as it protects the haters on the left.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.37  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.33    2 years ago

273889414_10226936704025079_3651294889797662724_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=cY6A40H5cOQAX_-JTk_&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=00_AT8eVBaQrAQGbome1XHj9qKfe2JfWAEuKCQAYBJ-Zy9NBg&oe=621320E0

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.38  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

Which is what the 'freedom convoy' has been doing to the residents of Ottawa for over two weeks now.  

Veronica
Professor Guide
4.1.40  Veronica  replied to  Kavika @4.1.3    2 years ago
So here is the link for you to enjoy.

Thanks for the link.  Work has had me out of the loop.  Unlike some I prefer to read what is going on before making asinine comments.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.41  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

Why do you think I'd believe anything you have to say?

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.43  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.6    2 years ago
And here is an excerpt from your link:

"National security expert Stephanie Carvin summarized accelerationism as a belief that society is ultimately corrupt, on its way to collapse and that violent revolution is the way to achieve that goal faster.
She said she’s wary of the narrative that the blockade was subverted by extremists."

Oh, the leftist media wouldn't do that, would they?

That comment drips with hypocrisy. 

Members should be 'wary of the narrative' that you attempt to tell by selectively quoting Stephanie Carvin's comments to bolster your own ideology. 

Here is an excerpt from the link with the rest of her statement: 

Carvin added that while the broader “Freedom Convoy” movement has successfully framed itself around a populist message in relation to government overreach and mandates, several of the leaders have expressed extremist views. “This is a movement that is effectively led by anti-government extremists with conspiratorial world views, who have unsurprisingly engaged in extremist tactics … ones that are not necessarily about mandates, but are about mayhem,” Carvin said.

After reading that, any thinking person would realize that the narrative that Carvin is 'wary of' is that the 'Freedom Convoy' had 'successfully framed itself around a populist message', when in truth it is 'effectively led by anti-government extremists with conspiratorial world views'.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.44  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @4.1.43    2 years ago
"After reading that, any thinking person would realize that the narrative that Carvin is 'wary of' is that the 'Freedom Convoy' had 'successfully framed itself around a populist message', when in truth it is 'effectively led by anti-government extremists with conspiratorial world views'."

And being financed by the same freaks

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.46  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

[deleted]

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.48  Dulay  replied to    2 years ago

Another convenient 'excerpt'. 

It's not surprising that the RCMP didn't cite a 'specific extremist group' since there is no need to do so in the initial charges. 

The fact that 'none of the allegations against them have been proven in court' is hardly a revelation considering the fact that they were JUST arrested on MONDAY.

The very next lines in the article:

Extremism experts, however, have begun raising concerns about some of the patches visible on the sets of body armour.

Kurt Phillips with the Canadian Anti-Hate Network said the patches on one vest matched the symbol for the Diagolon movement, which the network says is “an accelerationist movement with members and chapters across Canada.”

The patches are black with a white diagonal line through them.

Oh and I may as well address this here. In a comment you stated:  

These days folks seem to "Find and spout" the worst part of the story, while leaving out "The Rest of the Story".

Count yourself amount those 'folks'. Here is the FULL statement by Marco Van Huigenbos: 

The infiltration of extreme elements , the RCMP finding firearms in the village of Coutts and the members that were associated with that who were involved in our movement, really changed things for us,” he said.

“We were always here peacefully and to control that narrative, we wanted to leave peacefully .”

Van Huigenbos said that some protesters there were aware that some involved in the movement “had more of a militant connection.”

‘We wanted to leave peacefully’: Alberta border blockade near Coutts ends | TheSpec.com

I always question attributions which characterize what was said while only quoting snippets of what actually WAS said. Why not just quote Van Huigenbos instead of 'characterizing' his statement? 

Probably for a reason I presume.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.50  Dulay  replied to    2 years ago
Must not be that big of a threat !

Unless of course you also highlight this part

Those charged with conspiracy to commit murder

You kind of glossed over the part where 4 people are being charged with conspiracy to murder RCMP, didn't you? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.52  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago

Again, see 4.1.41

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.54  Tessylo  replied to    2 years ago
"Vice reported   that over half of the donations on the donation site originated from the US, according to the leaked data, which has since been removed online.

Other major US donors that were revealed in the leak reportedly include American software billionaire and past Republican Party supporter Thomas Siebel, who donated $90,000 to the Freedom Convoy, according to the data. Siebel did not respond to a request for comment from Insider."

I know Canada has their share of freak show extremists so they must account for the majority of the other LESS THAN HALF OF THE DONATIONS.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.55  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @4.1.48    2 years ago
Oh and I may as well address this here. In a comment you stated:  
These days folks seem to "Find and spout" the worst part of the story, while leaving out "The Rest of the Story".

Count yourself amount those 'folks'. Here is the FULL statement by Marco Van Huigenbos: 

The infiltration of extreme elements , the RCMP finding firearms in the village of Coutts and the members that were associated with that who were involved in our movement, really changed things for us,” he said.

“We were always here peacefully and to control that narrative, we wanted to leave peacefully .”

Van Huigenbos said that some protesters there were aware that some involved in the movement “had more of a militant connection.”

‘We wanted to leave peacefully’: Alberta border blockade near Coutts ends | TheSpec.com

I always question attributions which characterize what was said while only quoting snippets of what actually WAS said. Why not just quote Van Huigenbos instead of 'characterizing' his statement? 

jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

jrSmiley_93_smiley_image.jpg

This 'freedom convoy' are essentially terrorists taking hostages - we shouldn't give in to terrorists.  

Thomas
Masters Guide
4.1.57  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.27    2 years ago
 You posted that to condemn the entire protest as being driven by extremists.

How does it feel? You have done that repeatedly about the BLM protests in the summer of '20.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.58  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @4.1.34    2 years ago

Mike Lindell and 10K of his MyPillows weren't allowed to enter Canada to support protesting truckers

Brigid Kennedy, Staff Writer
Wed, February 16, 2022, 5:44 PM
Mike Lindell.   Drew Angerer/Getty Images

Staunch supporter of former President Donald Trump and businessman Mike Lindell may have been crying into his MyPillow Tuesday night, after he and a truck chock full of his aforementioned infomercial sleep accessories were denied entry into Canada,   the   National Post   and   The Independent   report.

Lindell was reportedly on his way to distribute "pillows and Bibles" to the   truckers protesting   Canada's COVID-19 restrictions, writes the   Independent . The MyPillow CEO and an accompanying videographer were later stopped at the Port Huron-Sarnia border crossing, and Lindell was reportedly turned back because he was not fully vaccinated and did not bring a negative PCR test with him.

Meanwhile, a MyPillow truck loaded with over 10,000 MyPillows (including 1,000 "Bible pillows" for children) was intercepted before crossing the Ambassador Bridge into Windsor, Ontario, reports the   National Post . That vehicle was turned back because the driver   also   did not bring a negative PCR test, per a Canadian government official.

Guess the thousands of pillows were just taking up too much room!

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.59  Kavika   replied to  Tessylo @4.1.58    2 years ago

The four charged with conspiracy to murder are going to need those bibles he was bringing. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.60  Kavika   replied to  Thomas @4.1.57    2 years ago

Bingo

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.61  Kavika   replied to    2 years ago

The four charged with conspiracy to murder are still in jail. Excellent residence for them.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.62  Dulay  replied to    2 years ago
Just an excerpt to the "REST OF THE STORY".
I guess you didn't like that little blurb in the story. Best to leave it out for some I guess.
Makes you one of "those 'folks" as YOU say. Oh well. 

What 'blurb' are you alleging that I left out? Please block quote it. 

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.63  Dulay  replied to    2 years ago
Actions speak louder than all those words.

Including your actions. 

the ACTION: seven have been released on bail and four are still in custody.

You claimed:

Must not be that big of a threat !

Yet now admit that 4 are still in custody. Could that be because the RCMP does indeed believe that the 4 who were charged with conspiracy to commit murder are a big enough threat to require their detention? 

If not, why the fuck are the still in custody? 

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.64  Dulay  replied to  Thomas @4.1.57    2 years ago

Cognitive dissonance without the underlying discomfort takes care of that issue Thomas. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.65  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1    2 years ago

stg021722dAPR-390x220.jpg

Tom StiglichFebruary 17, 2022

Rooted in Tyranny

See more Stiglich toons HERE.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1.66  Buzz of the Orient  replied to    2 years ago

Your repeated "REST OF THE STORY" comment does not invoke a reincarnation of Paul Harvey.  I don't think Paul Harvey had an extreme political bias.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.67  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @4.1.57    2 years ago

Here's the difference:

FL7Ms_bXsAEBRux?format=jpg&name=small

Thomas
Masters Guide
4.1.68  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.67    2 years ago

For every picture and video you choose to use to use to show how horrible the BLM protests were, there are 40 showing the peaceful nature of them. 

As far as I am concerned, your severely distorted view of both of these protests lends you exactly no credibility to comment on them. 

You have shown repeatedly that you would rather twist the events of the day to fit your reactionary views than to look at the whole picture and move forward.

This article is a very good case in point,  showing that you would not know the truth if it was printed right before your face. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.69  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.67    2 years ago

Here they come to save the day!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.70  Sparty On  replied to  Thomas @4.1.68    2 years ago

One wonders if your comment is intentionally disingenuous or simply just ignorant.     One can not run from the differences in these protests and the summer of love.    The rioting, the looting, murdering, destroying public and private buildings, etc, etc.    Protestors decked out in helmets and riot gear gear, cops decked out in full riot gear.    

In Canada much of the time the po-po has only the high vis safety jackets and knit toques on for protection eh?

They must be really afraid of these violent protesters

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.71  Texan1211  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.70    2 years ago
One wonders if your comment is intentionally disingenuous or simply just ignorant.

Yes.

Best to keep perpetuating the lies about "peaceful protests" whenever one is confronted with the truth.

Thomas
Masters Guide
4.1.72  Thomas  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.70    2 years ago

One wonders if you are disingenuous for posting a reply to a comment that I did not make. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.73  Sparty On  replied to  Thomas @4.1.72    2 years ago

One wonders if you know that you made comment 4.1.68.

Thomas
Masters Guide
4.1.74  Thomas  replied to  Sparty On @4.1.73    2 years ago

I did. Nowhere in the comment did I reference the differences or similarities between the two protests.  

I referenced the need of using a broad brush to paint over one of the largest and predominantly peaceful protests in the country with a brush full of hatred and ill will.  

Specifically, I was extending the parallels between how some, including yourself (though I didn't mention you directly), had done this to the BLM protests but were now crying because their protest de'jur was being treated similarly by some. 

If pointing out hypocrisy makes you uncomfortable,  you should examine yourself, not project upon others.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.75  Sparty On  replied to  Thomas @4.1.74    2 years ago

Lol .... I’m not the one that should consider self examination.     It’s pretty simple really.    The Canadian protest were completely peaceful.   Protests in  2020?    Not even close based on all the injury, death and destruction involved.   

No broad brush required.    Just a brush with reality.    Rationalize all you want.   It will never change that reality.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.76  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @4.1.68    2 years ago
For every picture and video you choose to use to use to show how horrible the BLM protests were

They torched cities and a dozen people were killed. Few if any were punished. The vice president promoted a fund to get those arrested released. When the protests come from a different political view and are really largely peaceful we find all kinds of unusual measures taken to end the protest and punish the protestors. What a sad showing for the people who cut their teeth on protests in the late 60's. Now that they have power they are not going to allow a similar social revolt from the other side.

I always knew what they were.

showing that you would not know the truth if it was printed right before your face. 

What an ignorant comment.

Thomas
Masters Guide
4.1.77  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.76    2 years ago

Thank you, Vic.

I could not have done a better job at proving my point as concisely as you have.

Good job! 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.78  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thomas @4.1.77    2 years ago

We'll continue the lessons Monday morning.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.79  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.76    2 years ago
What an ignorant comment.

Are you claiming that Thomas is ignorant Vic? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.80  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.1.79    2 years ago
Are you claiming that Thomas is ignorant Vic? 

According to someone very close to you : If a comment is ignorant, it is allowable for members to call it out as such. There is no need to add a disclaimer to avoid ruffling the feathers of people making such comments.

Based on that logic, I intend to do a lot of calling out!

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.81  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.80    2 years ago

Just as I am calling out the hypocrisy illustrated by your comment Vic. 

Oh and IMHO, Thomas' characterization of your article is far from ignorant. It looks to be based on personal observation of your participation here. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.82  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.1.81    2 years ago
Oh and IMHO, Thomas' characterization of your article is far from ignorant.

You mean classifying comments are merely a matter of personal opinion?   I think you may have something there.

hamilton-burger-cc076c49-a6a0-4e24-b975-64b73a8a428-resize-750.jpeg

"Your Honor, the witness in question is considered a hostile witness."

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.83  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.82    2 years ago
You mean classifying comments are merely a matter of personal opinion?   

NO, I do NOT mean that. 

Do 'classifying' and 'characterizing' mean the same thing Vic? Hint: NO, no they do NOT. 

So, take your strawman elsewhere. 

I think you may have something there.

I think you're attempting to create a scenario that fits your ideology by trying to put words in my mouth. Just stop. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.84  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.1.83    2 years ago
Do 'classifying' and 'characterizing' mean the same thing Vic? Hint: NO, no they do NOT. 

Classifying would require indisputable evidence. That never takes place when people use that work around provision to demonize somebody.

I proved it today.

It was today's lesson.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.85  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.84    2 years ago

You didn't prove anything.  

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.86  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.84    2 years ago
Classifying would require indisputable evidence.

Since when? 

BTW Vic, as per your MO, you failed to answer my question. 

That never takes place when people use that work around provision to demonize somebody.

Seriously, being so thin skinned isn't healthy. 

I proved it today.
It was today's lesson.

You've proved nothing. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.87  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.1.86    2 years ago

I'm not the topic.  It's the tyrant of the north.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.88  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.87    2 years ago
I'm not the topic.

The fact that you haven't proven anything IS. 

It's the tyrant of the north.

The bullshit posit of your seed fell apart the second after Perrie posted the statement in full.

It's been a joke since then. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.89  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @4.1.88    2 years ago
The bullshit posit of your seed fell apart the second after Perrie posted the statement in full.

The statement in full was contained in the video I enclosed in the article.

You guys should stop whining. Then we wouldn't have Perrie reposting what was in the article.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.90  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.89    2 years ago

Kind of shows who actually reads the articles or clicks on videos or links, doesn't it?

I guess it is easy to BITCH about YOU not doing something rather than their own damn failure to READ.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.91  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.90    2 years ago

I'm not giving up on them. I'm here to teach - the participants as well as our readers.

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.92  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.91    2 years ago

Teachers answer questions Vic, you don't. Just stop. 

Dulay
Professor Guide
4.1.93  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.89    2 years ago

Yet as every member can see, the tide of the comments in this seed turned after Perrie posted the statement in full. 

You guys should stop whining.

The irony of that statement is galactic considering you META seeds [now deleted]. 

Then we wouldn't have Perrie reposting what was in the article.

What possible issue could you have with a member factually quoting the content of your seed Vic? 

BTFW, that is a question that a 'teacher' could easily answer. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.94  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.91    2 years ago
"I'm here to teach"

What exactly?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    2 years ago

I lost respect for him long ago - he's not at all the man his father was.  No surprise to me that he insulted a Jewish MP, especially since he also stabbed Israel in the back at the UN. 

I don't agree with the author, who said  "...the little man who for the first time in Canadian history imposed martial law."  His father imposed the War Measures Act, the predecessor of the present legislation, and it was in fact martial law.  I can still see in my mind's eye the news on TV when Pierre Trudeau, questioned by a reporter as he was entering the door to Canada's parliament who asked him if he was going to impose martial law, and I'll never as long as I live forget seeing and hearing him reply "Just watch me."   Once an author exposes his/her ignorance so blatantly I see no reason to take seriously anything they've written.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    2 years ago

That's ok Buzz, I usually start my day with about a dozen threats & insults before I have a cup of coffee. Judging by the sources, I'm always certain of another day of satisfaction come 4 PM.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    2 years ago

I know my vision is waning, Vic, but 14pt is easy enough for me to read.  It's not necessary to treat me like an invalid.  And besides, I never grew up in the "old neighbourhood".  I actually grew up in a very nice area of my city.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.1    2 years ago

Type size is no longer important. As long as I'm not to be taken seriously, I won't bother.

Have a good one.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.2    2 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

Is it me or has a breath of fresh air entered into NT?

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 years ago

I think you probably mean a stale fart from the past.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @6    2 years ago

It must be you.  I thought I smelled something ugly.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7  author  Vic Eldred    2 years ago

All Canadians need to speak out against Trudeau's shameful remarks.  The world is watching.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
7.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @7    2 years ago
"All Canadians need to speak out against Trudeau's shameful remarks."

I did.

"He smeared a Jewish member of Parliament, Melissa Lantsman and walked away." (the seed author, for whom I have no respect anyway.)

If what the author said is true, I think that Melissa Lantsman missed an opportunity to emulate what Benjamin D'Israeli responded to an insult by Gladstone in the British Parliament. "When your ancestors were painting themselves blue and hiding in caves, mine were priests in the Temple of David."

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
7.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1    2 years ago

Here is what was the exchange:

During a heated exchange in the House of Commons Wednesday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau accused Conservative MPs sympathetic to the trucker convoy of standing with "people who wave swastikas." The comment came in response to a question from Conservative MP Melissa Lantsman, who is Jewish. Lantsman, the MP for the Toronto-area riding of Thornhill, said Trudeau "fans the flame of an unjustified national emergency."
"When did the prime minister lose his way?" she asked.

Trudeau shot back.

"Conservative Party members can stand with people who wave swastikas. They can stand with people who wave the Confederate flag," he said, defending the government's decision to invoke the Emergencies Act to quell unrest in the nation's capital.

"We will choose to stand with Canadians who deserve to be able to get to their jobs, to be able to get their lives back. These illegal protests need to stop, and they will."

Everyone now can draw their own informed conclusions.

devangelical
Professor Principal
7.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1.1    2 years ago
Everyone now can draw their own informed conclusions.

everyone?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.3  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1.1    2 years ago

That's for repeating it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.4  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.3    2 years ago

FL1iOdQXIAEaWuh?format=jpg&name=large

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.4    2 years ago

Thank you Vic for today’s object lesson for the triggered ....

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.6  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.5    2 years ago

Teaching is a profession that requires commitment. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.7  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.6    2 years ago

Hope you have a lot of it.    You’re gonna need it here ......

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sparty On @7.1.7    2 years ago

Don't worry, they are in my classroom here.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.8    2 years ago

Lol .... you’re Mr Hand and they are Spicolli .....

Dulay
Professor Guide
7.1.10  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.8    2 years ago

Bullshit, Propaganda and Gaslighting 101

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @7.1.10    2 years ago

I don't need a rigged deck.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @7.1.10    2 years ago

Lol .... stop publicly advertising the liberal hive playbook.

Bullshit —— check

Propaganda — check

Gaslighting — check, check, check

Dulay
Professor Guide
7.1.13  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.11    2 years ago

Then why have you been advocating for just that in META and HD for the last week? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @7.1.13    2 years ago

I used METAFIELD the way it was intended - to question rules or rulings.

You are wrong about HD. I don't involve myself in mud slinging. You didn't see me there last week.

As usual, you made it about me. Can you every discuss anything without making it personal?

Dulay
Professor Guide
7.1.15  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1.14    2 years ago

deleted