╌>

Mary Tyler Moore Dead at 80

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  community  •  7 years ago  •  12 comments

Mary Tyler Moore Dead at 80

Mary Tyler Moore dead at age of 80

usa-mary-tyler-moore.jpghttp://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2955360.1485368810!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_1200/usa-mary-tyler-moore.jpg 1200w" alt="">

Mary Tyler Moore speaks at the at the National Press Club in 2009.

(DENNY HENRY/EPA)

Actress Mary Tyler Moore passed away Wednesday, her publicist said. 

The iconic actress, 80, has long battled diabetes, and her condition has deteriorated to the point family members are rushing to a hospital to say goodbye,  TMZ.com reported.

Once source told the outlet she’s been on a respirator for more than a week.

Moore was first diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 33, around the start of her beloved run on “The Mary Tyler Moore Show,” a show about an independent young woman working in a Minneapolis TV newsroom.

Read more here

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

I loved Mary Tyler Moore. She was wonderful as Laura Petry and later on in her own show. It saddens me that she has passed. She will be missed. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    7 years ago

My folks always watched the Mary Tyler Moore show (since we lived in the world of 1 television in the house, we did too).  She had some terrible things happen during her life, I hope she rest peacefully now.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

Oh wow, that is so sad. 

-

TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Stars of all Time

This list is a list of the greatest TV stars in television based on popularity, success, numerous accolades and cultural influence-significance.

Image of Mary Tyler Moore
Mary Tyler Moore
Actress,  Mary Tyler Moore
Mary Tyler Moore was born on December 29, 1936 in Flatbush, Brooklyn, to Marjorie (Hackett) and George Tyler Moore, a clerk. Her maternal grandparents were English immigrants, and her father was of English, Irish, and German descent. Moore's family relocated to California when she was eight. Her childhood was troubled...

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    7 years ago

`

I am saddened that someone died whom others held dear.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

She was an exceptional actress!  I remember her roles well-- Laura Petrie, Mary Richards, Beth in Ordinary People, Mrs. Lincoln in The Lincoln miniseries, etc.  She was always so pretty and a very talented actress!  Her cheery persona was a great attribute-- even when she played some non-cheery roles.  I will miss her, very much!  May she rest in peace-- my prayers are with her family and friends.

Here is a link to her filmography. LINK  She played roles in a LOT of movies and on TV!  I remember a lot of these...

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

A wonderful actress...RIP

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick    7 years ago

Another icon gone...so sad.  I always loved Mary Tyler Moore.

Related image    Image result for rest in peace mary

jennilee
Freshman Silent
link   jennilee    7 years ago

A great actress. RIP.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

I remember watching her every week on The Dick Van Dyke Show as a youngster and then on her own show as a teen and young adult. That plus the many high quality shows her production company put on TV too. She was and always will be a television icon. RIP MTM. Meow.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Sad to see so many favourite celebrities biting the dust these days. 80 shouldn't be old, after all, I just turned 80 today.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Party Happy Birthday, Buzz! Sad thread to say it in, but it is sincerely meant.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Thank you Randy, no matter on what we might differ, we have both lived through similar experiences and I am simpatico with you generally. Anyway, I reached my biblically granted 4 score, and hope for at least my full allotment of 4 score and ten.