╌>

Leftists Send Death Threats To Singer Who Dared Wear Pro-Trump Dress At Grammys

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  7 years ago  •  86 comments

Leftists Send Death Threats To Singer Who Dared Wear Pro-Trump Dress At Grammys
When Joy Villa walked the red carpet into the Grammys, removed her white cloak and revealed her ‘Make America Great Again’ Trump dress, she knew she would be making a statement.

From Breitbart:

“Sometimes you just gotta be free to express yourself,” Villa wrote of her headline-making dress.

“Go big, or go home. You can either stand for what you believe or fall for what you don’t. Above all make a choice for tolerance and love,” the singer wrote on Instagram. “Agree to disagree. See the person over the politics, carry yourself with dignity, always. Life is made to be lived, so go boldly and give no offs!”

But she was immediately met by anger on social media, with people calling for her death.

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 2.01.17 PM

While she and the designer of the dress, immigrant Andre Soriano, meant to spread love and unity with the red, white and blue creation, Villa wasn’t being shown it by liberals, who called her all manner of names.

But while she is getting pilloried and threatened from some on the left, Villa may be getting the last laugh.

Since wearing the dress, her album sales have shot through the roof.

People who had never heard of her are now digging her music.

So there’s something to be said for making a courageous point. http://www.youngcons.com/leftists-send-insults-and-death-threats-to-singer-who-dared-wear-pro-trump-dress-at-grammys/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

The producer of the Grammys encouraged political statements at the event, but doubtless he was surprised by the statement that a dress made. 

Singer Joy Villa’s dress went viral, after she took off her white cloak. 

Villa was wearing a red, white and blue “Make America Great Again” dress with “Trump” written around the train. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 8.52.16 AM

A very brave decision to wear the dress into an event where only leftist views are generally welcome.

But out in the rest of America, people who had never heard of Joy Villa were letting her know they’d heard of her now. 

According to Gateway Pundit, her sales on her latest album, “I Make The Static”, skyrocketed 18,106,633%, going from a sales rank of 543, 202 in “Movers and Shakers in Albums” to number 3. 

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 9.38.00 AM

Villa’s albums were the top three.

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 9.37.27 AM

She surpassed both Lady Gaga and Beyonce, whose Black Lives Matter album was in consideration for awards last night.

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 9.37.11 AM

The liberals in entertainment may not be liking the statement, but it looks like Joy Villa is earning some love from everywhere else.  http://www.youngcons.com/not-even-hours-after-wearing-pro-trump-dress-to-grammys-look-what-happens-to-joy-villa/

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    7 years ago

Isn't Joy Villa, the daughter of Bob Villa?

Lucy
Freshman Silent
link   Lucy  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

No, no, isn't she the daughter of Rev. Joseph Villa?

Bob Vila's children are all grown--and to my knowledge not in showbiz.  (not even to hawk dad's tools!)  :o

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax  replied to  Lucy   7 years ago

My second guess would have been Pancho Villa.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  Aeonpax   7 years ago

Her great uncle was the jazz singer Kenny Pancho Hagood. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

I heard she has a Latin relative.....simply known as Spanish Villa.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

According to  Gateway Pundit , her sales on her latest album, “I Make The Static”, skyrocketed 18,106,633%, going from a sales rank of 543, 202 in “Movers and Shakers in Albums” to number 3.

No one can ever accuse Americans of not responding to trivia.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

That's one of the things Liberals don't get.  They think the majority of people agree with them and they don't.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    7 years ago

And here she is at the 2015 Grammy Awards.

And yes, folks, she is 100% buck-ass naked under that construction site fencing mesh get-up.  The good news is that Trump can actually see what he's grabbing.

On a somewhat related note, I'm surprised that she has to stoop to such attention-getting tactics.  Her bit parts in Hobgoblins 2 and Zombie Ed should have sent her straight to the top of the A-list. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

Three or four days from now no one will remember her name without looking it up.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Who is Joy Villa? Seriously. I've never heard of her. I've got to keep up more.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

She's also a fitness trainer and does some bodybuilding. 

img7258.jpg

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

I like this dress better.

http://myfashionwants.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Beyonce-MET-Gala-seethrough-dress.jpg

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

She's wearing something?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Yea, it's like one of those cupcakes with the sparkles on it.  Makes you want to eat a cupcake.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

I wonder if they the left will send death threats to the gay immigrant designer of the beautiful dress?  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

This dress?  Seriously?  It looks like a shop apron got raped by some bunting.

1487009006965.png

Lucy
Freshman Silent
link   Lucy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

Oh, my eyes!!!  MY EYES!!!!  (Mental Bleach, mental bleach!!!!!)

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

BRAVO! GAY LEGAL IMMIGRANT Designer Made PRO-TRUMP Dress Worn By BLACK Grammy Attendee Joy Villa…Says He’s “Example Of American Dream”…Standing Up For Constitution

The best moment of the night at the Grammys wasn’t a Kanye West meltdown or the pathetic white guilt acceptance speech by Adele, who after sweeping the Grammys dropped an “F-bomb” (as strongly suggested by Grammys producer who also implored “celebrities” to trash Trump while in possession of a microphone) to express her disapproval that she was given the award for “Best Album” that should have gone to black performer and race-antagonist Beyonce instead. No, the best moment of the night was when Singer Joy Villa made her way to the cameras and removed her white cape to reveal a stunning “Make America Great Again” Trump designer dress. But wait, it gets even better! It turns out the designer, Andre Soriano who created this unique and fabulous gown is a…wait for it…a GAY IMMIGRANT who is a big supporter of President Donald J. Trump. Oh my…

“It’s more so about love,” he said of the red, white and blue gown. “We all live on this planet. I’ve never been in the political area. However, it’s just so crazy that people are getting beat up because they voted for Trump, or this and that, someone wants to bomb the White House….I am an American, I moved here from the Philippines and I highly believed in the trueness of what this country can bring. It’s about bringing people together, that’s the message.”

Soriano skirted questions regarding the meat of his political beliefs, but said he is proud American and believes that he is an example of the American Dream. He was first discovered on Rihanna’s Bravo reality show, Styled to Rock, and launched his label in San Diego in 2013, selling ready-to-wear and red carpet looks online only. He is a naturalized citizen.

“There are a lot of people that are in power that really misconstrued what this country stands for,” he said. “I love this country. I’m from the Philippine islands, I am a proud American. I really love this country. I am a minority, Joy is black. America is about immigrants.”

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Has anyone noticed the really serious shit that's going on in the world … and the clown car in the White House?

And this is the article that grabs the attention of some herein?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Mac, complaining about political correctness is all they have, and seemingly all some of them think about.

It is what it is, lol.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

I consider death threats to those who support the American Constitution and death threats to the POTUS (such as what Madonna said at the Women's March) even more serious than what is happening in Europe these days due to their open doors immigration policy, and I am a person who, not being an American, despise those who burn the Stars and Stripes for ANY reason.

Somehow, I don't think of those things as trivial.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Do you know how many death threats Barack Obama got while president?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Do you know how many death threats Barack Obama got while president?

link 02/13/17 11:03:15PM @johnrussell :

2 or 3?

million?

Let's see your Fake News source.  I know you can find many of them.

Wake up to the truth real news not fake like you prefer.

No evidence to support claim about threats against Obama

We rate Bond’s claim False.

John, we know all the Left Wing Media would like to support your opinion and and they do.  No different when I use to Google "Good Things George Bush Has Done" and my results would come out as all the bad things George Bush had done with quite a few good things they thought Obama had done.  It's tough on this side haven't to fight against a corrupt lying media and people like you who fall for them, but we keep up the fight because we know the truth will prevail.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

To be fair here, Six, I recall reading a story about some guy in (I think it was) Florida who uttered a death threat about Obama a few years ago and I thought there was a whole discussion about whether he should be arrested or not - i.e. if it fell within the protection of free speech. Does anyone else remember it?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

This is the one I remember, it looks like the guy is just now being brought to trial.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Somehow, I don't think of those things as trivial.

Nor do I … but tweets posted by youngcons.com are not "news" reports.

And Trumps Security Advisor just resigned because he's been outed about discussing sanctions against Russia … with Russia … before the election!

And who knows what he'll be revealing in the ass-covering possibly to come … how about the old Nuremberg standby …

"I WAS JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS."

Let's see if Republicans in Congress have the balls to subpoena Flynn and question him under oath to learn all that was discussed with Russia, who, if anyone in the Trump Campaign directed him to have those discussions … and let's have a public outcry for such an event.

FLYNN-GHAZI time for the gloaters …

What say you snowflake-detractors … or are you going to melt on this one?

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Who resigned Mac, Kelly?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

General Flynn resigned!

The Justice Department warnings just became known … AND THAT PRECIPITATED THE SHIT-STORM THAT NO LONGER COMETH …

It's here!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Headline just popped up......

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Who wants to bet that trump will blame the whole thing on the media?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

It's here! (ref: the shitstorm cometh diatribe)

That's nice, I've been all over the media since the resignation was announced and have yet to see the predicted shitstorm.....

So let me ask, is this going to be a long term strain, or just a quick dump?

I haven't seen anything requiring the lever be pushed yet.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

You know how excited they get when they think the revolution is here!!!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

You know how excited they get when they think the revolution is here!!!

Whistling past the grave yard does not flatter you, my friend.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

It's here! (ref: the shitstorm cometh diatribe)

That's nice, I've been all over the media since the resignation was announced and have yet to see the predicted shitstorm.....

So let me ask, is this going to be a long term strain, or just a quick dump?

I haven't seen anything requiring the lever be pushed yet.

I am often out front on these things … 

Flynn's resignation is the opening squall … again … I'll stand by my position.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

thumbs down

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Let's see if Republicans in Congress have the balls to subpoena Flynn and question him under oath to learn all that was discussed with Russia,

Won't happen.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

I doubt it, but Trump can always use the old Executive Privilege card like Obama and Comey is still there.  He's pretty dependable when it comes to letting crooks off even after they have been proven guilty.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

Why the purple pen reply?  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Kitty privilege, I guess.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

I'm sure she just hit the wrong color.  I can fix it, if you want...

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

And Trumps Security Advisor just resigned because he's been outed about discussing sanctions against Russia … with Russia … before the election!

He may have, but your assumption he did is just that, an assumption.  The man has it made already.  He could step out because he knows it will be just another attack that will keep this country from moving forward and handicap the Trump Administration more than it is worth, because you have no proof in your assumption and as I've seen you make it clear before "Evidence" is the only thing that matters.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

And how about some truth?

Absolutely FALSE!.

He admitted to discussing the sanctions but didn't remember the specifics almost a week ago. He was canned (forced to resign) cause he LIED about it to the Vice President of the United States, making the VP look like a fool.

The fact that he talked is minor compared to lying about it.

And you do not make the VP look like a fool....

Yeah it's been all over the radio today, and discussed in depth....

Now I know your all going to spin it and claim many things that are just not real cause of it, but the basic fact is you cannot have someone lying at that level of government, in either party.

And that is why he was canned.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

The Justice Department warned the White House that Flynn could be blackmailed by the Russians!

He admitted to discussing the sanctions but didn't remember the specifics almost a week ago. He was canned (forced to resign) cause he LIED about it to the Vice President of the United States, making the VP look like a fool.

Yah, right, he couldn't remember.

He was canned … every member of the staff of elected officials sign a "resignation letter" upon being hired; this covers the ass of the elected official who hires them so that if/when scandals hit, they have ready-made scapegoats.

Flynn "resigned" for the reason I stated. And more will be exposed in days to come.

Enjoy the movie. 

A tale of great irony.

Lock him up … after he is subpoenaed by Congress and tells all under oath … ('course, a testicle-free Republican-controlled Congress won't do a Flynn-ghazi type kangaroo court theatrical presentation … but, I live in naive hope.

We REALLY disagree on this one, my friend … but I'm standing by my position.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Good night for now … let's continue this tomorrow …

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    7 years ago

Not even you, Dearie, could have typed that with any sort of a straight face. 

And by the way, considering your verifiable anti-LGBT stance, the day you care whether or not a gay legal Asian American immigrant loves this exceptional country, is the day the sky will be filled with high-flying sus scrofa domesticus. 

Looks like she did address him as opposed to the article.  But, I understand that you can't help yourselves.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Spikegary   7 years ago

I think that it's probably the seeder of the article, that can't help himself, Spike.

BTW, the seeder cries ''personal attack'' on a regular basis. IMO, it's because he can't or won't defend his position.

If, as the seeded stated, it was a personal attack he should contact the RA and report it. He has been told this may times in the past but instead of reporting he continues to claim, personal attack.

Sounds like a ruse to me, but that's just my opinion.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Let's sum up this seed. 

It is about a person none of us ever heard of before she put the MAGA dress on to get publicity for her flailing show business career, and will never hear from again until the next time she pulls a stunt. 

No one here cares about this woman. 

This drivel got 75 replies? 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

If shows how out of touch you are.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Even if she did it to gain attention or publicity and what performing artist doesn't do that, how do you justify the death threats?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

right talk to the hand crazy Party

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

Let me be clear--- I don't give two hoots what she is wearing, or why.  I always watch the grammies fashions, just in case I'm invited to some Gala filled with famous musicians and stars-- but they rarely have any kind of "dress" I would be caught dead in.

I was trying to picture what I would look like in the dress that Ms. Villa wore in Six's picture-- not a pretty sight:

me bra panties see through dress.png