╌>

Yikes ! Trump Curtsies To Muslim Potentate

Category:  World News

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  76 comments

Yikes !  Trump Curtsies To Muslim Potentate

tr.JPG

President* Trump paid homage to the Muslim leader of Saudi Arabia earlier today as he curtsied to King Salman as Salman presented Trump with some phoney baloney diplomatic doo dad. 

Keep your eye on the 15 second mark in this video. You will see Trump dip in a curtsey after already having lowered himself in front of the king to receive the medal. 

Here is how real men receive a medal from a foreign leader

Image result for american received medal french

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Yikes !

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

At least he didnt curtsey like a little girl. 

What the hell was Trump thinking? 

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Thinking?

Trump?

Trump doesn't actually think-- he just blurts out whatever idea pops into his mind at the moment!

Krishna
Professor Expert

Thinking?

Trump?

Trump doesn't actually think-- he just blurts out whatever idea pops into his mind at the moment!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

On further viewing Trump's movement looks more like a genuflection

gen·u·flect2
[ˈjenyəˌflekt]

VERB
  1. lower one's body briefly by bending one knee to the ground, typically in worship or as a sign of respect:
    • show deference or servility:

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Read it and weep Dean

TRUMPISMS

Trump genuflects in front of Saudi King

Screen-Shot-2017-05-20-at-12.07.55-PM.pnghttp://deadstate.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Screen-Shot-2017-05-20-at-12.07.55-PM-300x215.png 300w" alt="" width="534" height="382">

As a political storm continues to rage in D.C. President Trump arrived Saudi Arabia to a warm welcome on what is his first foreign trip…

As a political storm continues to rage in D.C.  President Trump arrived Saudi Arabia to a warm welcome on what is his first foreign trip since winning the White House. Already, the right-wing blogosphere is writing headlines like, “No bowing for this President!”

According to  BizPac Review , a pro-Trump website that pushes the occasional fake news story, “Trump shook hands with the Saudi king” which was “a stark contrast to former  President Obama , who bowed to Salman in 2009.”

While it may be true that Obama bowed to foreign leaders while on trips abroad, there’s still debate as whether or not he actually bowed to the Saudi King while there in 2009. Nevertheless, the ogling of this non-story from Trumplandia is a picture-prefect example of the amusing hypocrisy this kind of narrative vomits forth. Trump did shake King Salman’s hand upon arrival, but it was when he was given the honorary Collar of Abdulaziz Al Saud medal that he seemingly did something even more subservient than Obama’s alleged groveling: he genuflected.

After the medal was placed around Trump’s neck, he gave a brief acknowledgment in the form of a genuflection. One journalist on Twitter described it as a ‘curtsy’:

As  Axios ‘s Alex McCammond points out, “the right-leaning press has been relatively quiet on the matter, or if they are addressing it, they’re spinning the news to be pro-Trump.”

In the video, Trump clearly gives a brief dropping of one knee in acknowledgement of receiving the medal. But the focus on this moment is more about the hypocrisy of the right-wing narrative when Obama bowed or showed ceremonial respect to foreign leaders. Trump’s bowing, or genuflecting, or curtsying, etc., is a non-story for the most part. What’s notable is how non-stories are created into propaganda, and how easily people reject that propaganda when it’s applied to their favorite politicians.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

What is it when American Presidents meet Saudi royalty...Is it in the water.

BushKiss2.jpg

Al-316
Professor Silent
link   Al-316  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Alright, gete niijii. Stop picking on Bush.

It was their first date and it was just a little peck.

Let it go.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Al-316   7 years ago

But it's so, so....er strange.

Al-316
Professor Silent
link   Al-316  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Hormones sometimes make us do strange things.

Like taking an impromptu curtsy when receiving a gold necklace.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Al-316   7 years ago

I guess that's what happens when some bling is flashed before his eyes...Laugh

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    7 years ago

13 freaking years of ballet, and I can tell you right now, that was a first year curtsy.  Period.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

How can you curtsey unless you're wearing a skirt? 

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

How can you curtsey unless you're wearing a skirt?

Pretty much like this:

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

While it's on my mind, anybody know how to post a video without the annoying crap at the bottom? 

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

I don't sister, all of mine show up with the crap on the bottom.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

I'm unable to open YouTube - Sixpick is able to convert it to a format I can watch. Howver, the only photo I saw that is relevant was Trump bending over a little so that the Prince did not have to stand on a box to put the medal around his neck.  I don't see that as so unusual. Contrary to the photo above of a serviceman getting a medal pinned on his chest, had he been awarded the Congressional Medal of Honour which I believe is attached to a ribbon and put over the recipient's head, in such case surely the serviceman would have bowed slightly so as to make that award smoothly provided and not an extreme physical exercise.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Buzz , Trump genuflected to the Saudi king.  It's not really a matter of opinion, it is as plain as day. 

Maybe he did it unconsciously or as some sort of reflex, but he did it.   Anyone who criticized Obama for kowtowing to the Saudi royalty, but now gives Trump a pass ,  is exposed as a hypocrite. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I'm not giving Trump a pass - because I cannot see a video of the motion I just don't know and the photos don't indicate genuflexing to me -he appears to be bowing slightly. However, you know damn well that Obama bowed low enough to give the king a blowjob and that was captured in photos

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

I saw the video and I agree with Buzz. It didn't look to me like Trump was bowing or performing a curtsy. Trump is taller so he dipped, rather than bowed, so that the king could put the medal around his neck. The sole purpose of this article is to mock Trump by saying that, if Obama bowed to a Saudi king, then Trump did worse by bowing like a woman in a curtsy. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

I don't know if you can see either one of these Buzz.  I interpret the first dip as getting low enough for the King to put the medal around his neck and the second dip as a thank you. LOL

Actually I think the King should be dipping to Trump instead.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

I saw them, six, and I'm convinced that 1ofmany and I are right that Trump had to lower himself so the King could reach the ribbon over his head. It was no curtsey, and it was no bow. What a pack of ridiculous lies the Trump-bashers have concocted.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Buzz, after the medal is placed around his neck, Trump dips himself. It is in addition to him lowering for the medal, and it is as plain as day.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

When it comes to Trump, John, you have one hell of a magnificent magnifying glass. As the person who compared getting a ribboned medal around one's neck to a soldier getting a medal pinned to his chest, you certainly love to be "accurate".

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Trump could have remained upright and the king could have placed the medal around his neck. Trump could have just bent his head down.

But he wanted to accommodate the king and show respect, so he lowered himself and then genuflected. The only shame in it all is on those who got all bent out of shape when Obama showed respect to the Muslim but don't give two shits when Trump does it. End of story.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

It seems to me that the difference is that Obama bowed low to the king, and the king bowed to Trump. As you said above, you posted this article as a joke, and the laughter has now died down, so as you said, end of story. Goodbye.1495294316263.jpg

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Trump is 70 years old, 6' 2", and 240 lbs. He lowered his torso (rather than bow) so the king could put a medal around his neck and then he attempted to stand. The king's hand lingered at Trump's right ear so perhaps he wasn't sure whether he should stand up yet and kind of bounced in brief indecision. If he were Obama, he would have been able to gracefully stand in one motion . . . after bending over so low that he could sweep the floor with the top of his head. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

lol, that's a good one. I think there's a place for you in the white house working for Trump's political propaganda factory. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
link   1ofmany  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

My other theory is that the initial dip got his junk caught in his shorts and he had to dip again to release the pinch. His hands are small so a little dip was all it took. I'd have to do a squat lol. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Excuses, excuses.....he bent down like a be-otch or is it he bent over like a confused he/she be-otch.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  1ofmany   7 years ago

Trump is 70 years old, 6' 2", and 240 lbs. He lowered his torso (rather than bow) so the king could put a medal around his neck and then he attempted to stand. The king's hand lingered at Trump's right ear so perhaps he wasn't sure whether he should stand up yet and kind of bounced in brief indecision.

Uh-oh-- I feel a High School math problem coming on!

(Or maybe freshman physics):

Given: Trump is 70 years old, 6'2" and weighs 240 lbs, and that he lowered his torso (rather than bowing) and then attempted to stand: 

1. How many pounds per square inch of torque was present at his waistline?

2. Create a mathematical equation that could be used to find why he had to have lowered his torso and couldn't bow.

3. If, in addition to all the data given previously, and also the fact that the King's hand lingered at Trump's right ear--- what is the correlation coefficient of the entire situation?

4. List 5 facts that either prove or disprove that Trump. like Obama, is actually secretly a Muslim.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

laughing dude

Krishna
Professor Expert

And then there was that wonderful video of Bush doing the traditional "sword dance":

I'm not saying it true-- nuthin' like that-- but some people are wondering if Bush may also secretly be a follower of "The Religion of Peace" & not the infidel he pretends to be. ...(after all, has anyone seen his birth certificate either???)

Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

I saw them, six, and I'm convinced that 1ofmany and I are right that Trump had to lower himself so the King could reach the ribbon over his head. It was no curtsey, and it was no bow. What a pack of ridiculous lies the Trump-bashers have concocted.

Are you actually taking the article and the comments seriously? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

I think Trump slipped on a banana peel and his "dip" was him trying to regain his footing. laughing dude Party

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

What a pack of ridiculous lies the Trump-bashers have concocted.

So what would you prefer-- that they concoct lies that aren't ridiculous?

(That would be no fun-- no fun at all! :-)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

A agree with that comment.

Krishna
Professor Expert

But do you also resemble that remark?

Krishna
Professor Expert

Exactly.

I voted up your comment.

(Ever wonder when some people see a comment they agree with-- they feel a need to say "voted Up"? Like, does it really matter when someone's comment get 3 votes instead of two? (Or is doing something like that actually someone's idea of "political activism"-- that they are actually  "making a difference in the world"?)

I pity the fools.....

Krishna
Professor Expert

What a pack of ridiculous lies the Trump-bashers have concocted.

So what would you prefer-- that they concoct lies that aren't ridiculous?

(That would be no fun-- no fun at all! :-)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

In fact, I'll even agree twice.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

LOL.. I love agreement.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

do you like it even when they are wrong?

Krishna
Professor Expert

do you like it even when they are wrong?

Whoa-- wait a minute!

If two people are arguing, consider this: in every case one of them is right!

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

LOL.. I love agreement.

I agree! 

(Good comment-- voted up!)

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Trump ally Roger Stone blasts presidents Saudi meeting.

Oh my.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

I saw that.  Right wingers don't know whether to shit or go blind over this situation. lol. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

The only silver lining to the dark cloud of the Trump era is the daily reminder of how full of shit conservative critics of Obama were   https:// twitter.com/leximccammond/ status/865967612278317056 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Believe it or not,  this was a real tweet by a Trump aide this morning. 

Last words from  @ POTUS  before deplaning Air Force One: "I catch one American bowing here and you're on the next Saudia flight home"...

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

LMAO, maybe it's a excuse for him to come home...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Maybe they should just dispense with the handing out of these meaningless trinkets altogether. 

Krishna
Professor Expert

But do you also resemble that remark?

Krishna
Professor Expert

Maybe they should just dispense with the handing out of these meaningless trinkets altogether. 

Well, they could hand out meaningful trinkets instead (but of course that would raise the cost of the entire ceremony).

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    7 years ago

I think this is making a mountain out of a molehill.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

That's the point. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

You're making the mountain with this seed. That was my point.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

It's just fun Pat. 

When Obama "bowed" when he went to Saudi Arabia, we never heard the end of it. The same people who said it proved Obama wanted sharia law in America back then have nothing to say today. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

That's because Trump is not a muslim. 

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Where is the proof of that statement?

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

That's because Trump is not a muslim. 

How do you know that-- have you ever seen his birth certificate?

Hmmmm . . . 

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

And then there was that wonderful video of Bush doing the traditional "sword dance":

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

I'm not saying it true-- nuthin' like that-- but some people are wondering if Bush may also secretly be a follower of "The Religion of Peace" & not the infidel he pretends to be. ...(after all, has anyone seen his birth certificate either???)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Yeah, but he bowed low enough to tie the Saudi's shoes - there is a differnce of degree.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Animal locomotion. Plate 199 (Boston Public Library) - animated.gif

Now That's a curtsy or curtsey.

And so is this.....

Maybe Trump did it too, but they should be criticizing how bad a job he did.  Obama's was perfect.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

I thought there was a similar custom and tradition that the Stars and Stripes is NEVER dipped. I think protocol would not be so offensive if the American President were to just nod, rather than bow.

Krishna
Professor Expert

Exactly.

I voted up your comment.

(Ever wonder when some people see a comment they agree with-- they feel a need to say "voted Up"? Like, does it really matter when someone's comment get 3 votes instead of two? (Or is doing something like that actually someone's idea of "political activism"-- that they are actually  "making a difference in the world"?)

I pity the fools.....

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

I think this is making a mountain out of a molehill.

Yes-- but isn't that what most of what goes on in social media is about? (My guess is that maybe 80% or more of the comments on social media is just that-- making mountains out of molehills. And the other 20% are probably typos!)

CM
Freshman Silent
link   CM    7 years ago

I will assume he knows that this Necklace is a gift to the American People..It should be put on display at the Smithsonian Museum..

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  CM   7 years ago

I Will Assume He Knows That This Necklace Is A Gift To The American People..It Should Be Put On Display At The Smithsonian Museum..

Hopefully after Trump is impeached, he will agree to occasionally be put on display at the Smithsonian. Then busloads of school children will take field trips to the Smithsonian-- just to mock him!

Or-- he could perform at the Circus (if political correctness still allows the Circus to continue ...)

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  CM   7 years ago

I Will Assume He Knows That This Necklace Is A Gift To The American People..It Should Be Put On Display At The Smithsonian Museum..

Hopefully after Trump is impeached, he will agree to occasionally be put on display at the Smithsonian. Then busloads of school children will take field trips to the Smithsonian-- just to mock him!

Or-- he could perform at the Circus (if political correctness still allows the Circus to continue ...)

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

elect a clown.jpg

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  pat wilson   7 years ago

Well, if Barnum and Bailey's Ringling Bros is giving up the business, SOMEONE should take over.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Buzz , Trump bent his knee to the king, genuflected. It is right there in the video

gen·u·flect2
[ˈjenyəˌflekt]

VERB
  1. lower one's body briefly by bending one knee to the ground, typically in worship or as a sign of respect:

• show deference or servility:
    •  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

What I find interesting is how Wikipedia has jumped right on this with Trump and says nothing about Obama.....

While some have argued that "men don't curtsey," others claimed that on May 20, 2017, US President Donald Trump appears to curtsey for King Salman of Saudi Arabia during Trump's first trip abroad as President. [5] [6]

until you put Wikipedia in the edit mode and then here's what you see....

While some have argued that "men don't curtsey," others claimed that on May 20, 2017, US President [[Donald Trump]] appears to curtsey for [[King Salman]] of Saudi Arabia during Trump's first trip abroad as President.{{cite web |url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-saudi-king-award-curtsy_us_5920bc20e4b094cdba548e9c |title="Donald Trump Shows Power Of U.S. By Curtsying For Saudi King" |first=Sebastian |last=Murdock |date=May 20, 2017 |publisher=Huffington Post}}{{cite web |url=http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-saudi-arabia-trip-curtsey-bow-king-salman-gold-medal-honour-barack-obama-bowing-a7747016.html |title=Donald Trump appears to 'curtsey' to Saudi king after mocking Barack Obama for bowing |first=Alexandra |last=Witts |date=May 21, 2017 |publisher=The Independent}}

All this time and not a thing about Obama bowing to the Saudi King.  Tell me the media isn't corrupt and biased.  You don't see nor have you seen anything about Obama all this time that has gone by, but the first day after Trump was in Saudia Arabia, they got him!  But you still don't see anything about Obama unless you go to the edit mode, which means that 99% of the people using Wikipedia will never see anything about Obama bowing to the Saudi King.

It's that way with the MSM, Associated Press, NYT, Washington Post, all the left wing sources, Google.  All you left wingers are missing out on half the story unless you use other sources other than left wing sources mentioned above.  I can certainly understand how you have come to believe what you do, you are being fed propaganda and you have no reason to doubt it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

The thing about Wikipedia is that it invites amendments and additions from the public for its content. In fact, there was a reference to Toronto's Mariposa Folk Festival in Wikipedia that was either incorrect of wrongly omitted, and as a past director and president of that festival with knowledge I in fact sucessfully changed the Wikipedia reference.  I would not be surprised that Trump-bashers have jumped to the opportunity to post their demonization on Wikipedia.