╌>

Woman Demands To See A White Doctor

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  33 comments

Woman Demands To See A White Doctor

'I would like to see a white doctor'

Canada news   1 hour ago

A woman was recorded repeatedly demanding a white doctor see her son at a clinic in Ontario.

DCxCVxiXcAASgV2.jpg

Woman demands 'white doctor' for her son at Toronto-area medical clinic

"Your child clearly has more issues with you being his mother than him needing to see a doctor ." 👏🏿 👏🏿 👏🏿

Video of a woman demanding a "white doctor" for her son at a walk-in clinic in Mississauga, Ont. has gone viral, sparking outrage across the country.

The video, which was recorded by a witness and posted online, shows the woman repeatedly demanding to see a white doctor in a four-minute argument with staff and patients at the clinic.

"I would like to see a white doctor," the woman says at the beginning of the video, to a member of the clinic staff in the waiting room. Her son, who appears to be approximately eight years old, can be seen sitting quietly beside her.

"You're telling me there's not one white doctor in this whole entire building?" she says.

The clinic staffer can be heard explaining that a white pediatrician will be in at 4 p.m., but this does not appear to satisfy the woman. She continues to complain, claiming that she waited five-and-a-half hours to see a "brown doctor" whom she says did not help her child with his chest pains.

"He was not speaking English. His teeth were brown. I do not need his help," she says in the video.

The woman's complaints quickly draw the attention of others in the waiting room who accuse her of being racist. Several also suggest she take her child to a hospital, but she refuses, answering the suggestions with a racist slur.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

I guess racism isn't quite over with yet in Ontario Canada. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

That's because it's the Great White North. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

Well, that was a disgusting display. Wow she is a class act/not. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    7 years ago

While I acknowledge that this idiot lady has the right to choose who treats her son, she clearly isn't aware that some of the most talented doctors in the world are of Indian descent...not to mention Asian, Latin, etc...  Also, it's the way she expressed her preference, especially in the presence of her son, which ensures the forward momentum of a racist society.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   7 years ago

some of the most talented doctors in the world are of Indian descent...not to mention Asian, Latin, etc...

Sometime when you're being worked on in the ER you quickly realize that it's the talent in the hands working on you, not the color of them, that's really important.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

In my 60 years of life I have been seen by doctors of both genders and many different races and religions and even one who was openly gay and one of the few I ever left because I didn't care for was a White woman doctor because she also worked too many hours in the ER and kept dozing off while charting when I was in her office. I guess I have been lucky because I have had some great doctors and only a very few clinkers and it never had to do with race or gender.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

Why not?  Its her choice.  If she didn't feel comfortable with the first doctor, then, ask for another.  Good for her!

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

I think the funniest thing about this is the whole country is outraged about this one woman.  Do you want a doctor working on your kid with brown teeth?  Think about it.  How would you feel if you were sitting in the waiting room and a doctor came in with brown teeth.  Now tell me you wouldn't think "Uh Oh".

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

I recall once when I was in Florida many years ago I needed a doctor (can't remember why) and I went to a doctor's office that was close by. The doctor was black, but I knew I was in good hands because the certificate on his wall was from the University of Toronto Medical School (Canada's foremost medical school). The colour of his skin made no difference to me but the certificate on his wall made me very comfortable.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    7 years ago

I don't have a problem with people choosing who they are most comfortable with.  It's important that you connect with you health care providers.  You need to be able to communicate openly.  I prefer women doctors and haven't gone to a male doctor in over 30 years.  Which reminds me of a funny story.

Growing up in the country my parents took me and my siblings to the local doc who was a man.  He was my primary care doc for over 10 years before I got my first "real" job.  When it was time for me to select my health insurance my doc's office didn't take the insurance that my job offered.  When I asked if they would take the insurance the receptionist said "no".  I was like "WHAT?!!!"  Then I started to panic and told her to please have Dr. Kinland call me.  He called me within half an hour and I said "Dr. Kinland, your office doesn't accept my insurance.  I have been going to you since I was a young girl and I CAN'T go to anyone else.  I CAN'T have someone else see me.....you know.....without my clothes on".  He was very kind and he told me not to worry that he would let the girl at the front office know that they would accept my insurance.  

When he stopped practicing I just couldn't bring myself to go to another male doc so I've only see women doctors ever since.  It would be far too uncomfortable for me and I wouldn't be able to discuss any issues I was having with a male.

So, I understand why this woman would want a doctor she is comfortable with but she had no right to speak to people the way she did.  She showed everyone what an ugly person she was.  Rotten from the inside out.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  PJ   7 years ago

I know what you mean. All of my childhood and into my adult life I had seen only male doctors (which were the bulk of doctors when  was growing up). However I went to the VA about 30 years ago for a problem and they were going to give me a complete physical and the doctor was a female. I admit that I was quite uncomfortable at first. However she was so professional that it ended up being just like any other exam. Since then  have had a couple of other female doctors in my travels and I have had no problem with shyness at all. They are after all just doctors like any other doctors.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

Dang a five and a half hour wait to see a doctor. I'm glad I never wait that long with our for profit system around here.  If our wait times were that long we probably wouldn't have so many travel from all over the world to get their surgeries done here. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Not surprisingly, a handful of the comments here appear to be in support of this racist. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

You are right it's not surprising. Sad and sick, but not surprising. It's nothing new from what we have seen on this site in the past.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Not surprisingly, a handful of the comments here appear to be in support of this racist

What I get out of this whole fiasco is when a whole country is in outrage about this one woman and if you don't totally agree with them about every aspect of it, you're called a racist then these people have a bug no doctor on earth can treat successfully.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

I don't know what half the country is talking about Six. Half the country has been known to talk about the size of Kim Kardashians ass. 

Indian doctors are all over the place in the US (and in Canada too I expect). If they are not doing a good job, as a group, don't you think we would have heard about it by now?

The only thing that matters with a doctor is if they know what they are doing, and "brown" doctors are as capable of knowing what they are doing as anyone. 

The stuff about the brown teeth I wouldnt even believe without proof. She is racist. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

You are allowed to express racism here, but not allowed to point it out. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

A bit of a double standard if you ask me.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62    7 years ago

If  her sonwas having chest pains, why didn't she take him immediately to a hospital?????

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Nona62   7 years ago

I believe she says on the video that she didnt have the money to take him anywhere else. 

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Oops, you are right...sorry about that......

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Oops, you are right...sorry about that......

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   Nona62    7 years ago

If  her son was having chest pains, why didn't she take him immediately to a hospital?????