╌>

The World of Insanity 2020

Category:  History & Sociology

By:  msaubrey-aka-ahyoka  •  4 years ago  •  125 comments

The World of Insanity 2020
Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they? George Carlin

The world is completely insane right now. Politics and the alleged agendas. The protests, BLM movement, riots, looting, hate.... The stupid ass arguments between people over it all is just nuts. People are losing long time friends and writing off family over something they’re not even a part of, not really. Sure, we can vote in November to “state” our positions. Sure, some are part of these protests and marches; I’m hoping people I know are not taking part of the violence, riots, looting, etc. I don’t understand the hate and I never will; not from either “side.” Violence begets violence. Anger and hate will receive the same in return. Let's not forget COVID-19, the never-ending virus. 

There appears to be a lack of law and order and that’s what the nasty, negative, and violent people want. There appears to be a lack of control of one’s own behavior and I ask why? I know the canned answer of participation trophy kids being entitled. That’s not the only issue here. I won’t lie, my kids are a bit entitled and we are trying to work on that with them, but the point is, they know this behavior is insanely wrong. They’re sickened by the actions of those in Portland, Seattle, Chicago, etc.

I find it ironic that what was once, two of the most dangerous cities in the US (Detroit and Flint) aren’t even making the news for violence lately. Detroit was famous for the riots in the 60’s and it ruined the city; it’s taken up until the last 5-10 years to really start to come back to the city it once was and it still isn’t even close to what it was prior to the 60’s riots. The cities mentioned in the previous paragraph should have taken notice and learned their big-city history, so they didn’t completely ruin their cities for the next several decades. I know, too late. Chicago should’ve definitely known better.

People seem too worried about hurting feelings or their own agendas and that is why this shit is allowed to continue. Let’s be real, this hasn’t been about George Floyd or Brionna Taylor or whoever else has died at the hands of LEOs in quite some time. This is mob mentality and they’re using the BLM movement as an excuse now. If this was still about civil rights, it would not be violent... at least it shouldn’t be. MLK Jr. was a true leader and did not condone violence because he understood that violence begets violence. People can have a voice without violence and I truly believe most know that already.

I watched a video of the march in St. Louis and I didn’t have any issue with that at all... until they threatened arson. That was the only part of that march that could remotely be deemed as illegal. I have no issues with people open carrying, no matter the color. I have no issues with people that want to protest or march for their rights. I do however have an issue with threats of harm and the act of harming. And while there was an accidental discharge of a firearm toward the end of the video, I can respect the fact that no one jumped to conclusions on what had just happened. It didn’t become a war zone because people heard a shot. What I do find interesting is that when they needed LEO and EMT assistance, they were fine with accepting that assistance.

I just get tired of the anger and hate. It’s draining on the people doing it, it’s draining on the people that are seeing it, hearing it, and living with the consequences of it, and it’s draining our economy and society. Some of these people claim they want equality, but in reality, it’s them that are dividing in every sense. What are we teaching future generations? Yes, I’ve seen the videos of people teaching their children to say, “Fuck the police.” Is that really what we want the next generation to act like; to be hateful and discriminatory? Isn’t the purpose of fighting for civil rights and equality among all to prevent discrimination? How does that work when they’re being discriminatory and teaching that to their children? It becomes a vicious cycle of hate, violence and discrimination! That’s just common sense, is it not?

NOTE: This is an article written by me and this is not the place for political debate. This is not a place to discuss candidates. This is not a place to be hateful. If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all please. I will ensure moderation if anyone says Trump, Biden, or any other president or VP or those running or past elections. The aforementioned is off topic and will be deleted.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)    4 years ago

I put this in the category of history and sociology because we are living through a historical year in many ways; and it has a lot to do with social dynamics.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @1    4 years ago

Well written.

I'll listen to anyone who has any suggestions for healing & unifying the nation. I have a feeling that getting control of education may be step one.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
1.1.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    4 years ago

I wish I had suggestions. I only have control over myself. And I'm not out to control anyone else. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @1.1.1    4 years ago

I think that is the key. If everyone would just take responsibility for themselves and not worry or try to control others, we might find a bit of sanity again

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
1.1.3  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.2    4 years ago

Perfectly stated. jrSmiley_81_smiley_image.gif

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @1.1.3    4 years ago

Thank-you

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
1.1.6  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Release The Kraken @1.1.5    4 years ago

No poking the bear. jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    4 years ago

Has America has ever been so divided as it is now since the Civil War?  It's going to take a lot more than band-aids to patch it up.  I doubt that you would be happy with what I would suggest to heal and unify your nation. 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.9  Gordy327  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    4 years ago
I'll listen to anyone who has any suggestions for healing & unifying the nation.

New leadership. Maybe with someone with actual leadership skills.

I have a feeling that getting control of education may be step one.

Get a new Sec. of Education and maintain adequate funding for schools and education programs and promotion. Also, discourage hostility towards science.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
1.1.10  Gordy327  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.8    4 years ago
I doubt that you would be happy with what I would suggest to heal and unify your nation. 

I'm curious to hear it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.11  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Gordy327 @1.1.10    4 years ago

I prefer to honour the author's wishes in the last paragraph of the article. 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
1.1.12  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.11    4 years ago

Thank you Buzz.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2  Dulay  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @1    4 years ago
MLK Jr. was a true leader and did not condone violence because he understood that violence begets violence.

It wasn't until after MLK met Bayard Rustin that he went the Gandhian route. Prior to that MLK had armed guards. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @1.2    4 years ago
"Prior to that MLK had armed guards."

Apparently he continued to need them.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.1    4 years ago
Apparently he continued to need them.

Doubtful that would have protected him from a sniper.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @1.2.2    4 years ago

Maybe so, Dulay, but if he still had trained guards, they would most likely have required him to be more careful and not expose himself to the possibility.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.4  Dulay  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.2.3    4 years ago

Ya, I don't know if his original guards were 'trained' or not but because of Baynard Rustin, MLK rejected the use of 'violence' to protect him from violence in the best Gandhian fashion. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Dulay @1.2.4    4 years ago

Well, untrained or not, unfortunately no guards were around to be King's Brady. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    4 years ago

Good essay. I don't have anything to say right now. But I will reading other's comments

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    4 years ago

No offense, but your article is inherently about politics. 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
3.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  JohnRussell @3    4 years ago

I love when people say, "no offense" because what follows is generally something that could be found offensive; especially when a "but" follows. Just stop and stay away from my articles please. I know how you feel about these topics by reading other things you post.

Have a fantastic day.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @3.1    4 years ago

Please tell me how the first paragraph of your article does not refer to a political situation. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.2    4 years ago
It's cra cra time in America and I don't think it's going to improve. The Roman Empire fell as will this one.

Sorry dude that's a political comment. 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
3.1.5  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1.1    4 years ago

Okay... taking the "political" out of the sentence doesn't make it any different. You are the one bickering with people that differ in political views. Have I deleted any of your comments for being rude or "poking the bear" so to speak? The answer is no. If you can't play nice, I will begin deleting.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @3.1.5    4 years ago

If you are lamenting a lack of unification and positive direction, and perhaps making reference to a family as a microcosm of the nation, how can you not consider the extreme political divide as being the greatest roadblock to what you seek?  Yet you wish to ban discussion of it. 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
3.1.7  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.6    4 years ago
Yet you wish to ban discussion of it.

Yes, because it goes nowhere. It becomes vile and that's not what I want on my article. Politics is not the only reason for this nation's divide. I had a great talk with a friend last night; we differ on our political views, but we both agree that the vile things going on in the US isn't just about that political divide. I won't delve into details of our conversation, but the main jest was she appreciated me asking her about her point of view as a black woman. We were able to have a deep conversation about why she thinks what she thinks and why I think what I think. She even said that her day was just awful, but that by the end of our conversation, she felt so much better. She and I were both able to freely discuss the things that have been bothering us without the worry of feeling like we shouldn't feel the way we do. It was wonderfully refreshing, but it didn't focus on politics. It's difficult to have that kind of refreshing conversation here, more so lately than ever before... because of politics and peoples reactions to it right now. Therefore, I was looking for an open discussion about everything going on lately without bringing up that topic... I don't see why people can't leave that crap out of any discussion whatsoever. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @3.1.7    4 years ago

Thank you.  I appreciate your candor and will respect your wishes.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.9  Raven Wing  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @3.1.7    4 years ago
It was wonderfully refreshing, but it didn't focus on politics. It's difficult to have that kind of refreshing conversation here, more so lately than ever before... because of politics and peoples reactions to it right now.

I so totally agree Ahyoka.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.10  Krishna  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @3.1.7    4 years ago
Politics is not the only reason for this nation's divide.

I wonder-- what are the other reasons?

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
3.1.11  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Krishna @3.1.10    4 years ago

Racism, religion, sexism, ego, money / class, power, the need for validation, rights and the needs vs wants. People seem to think they need in many instances when it's really just a want; my grandfather used to say that you can want in one hand and shit in the other to see which one fills up first.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4  Dismayed Patriot    4 years ago
 "I don’t understand the hate and I never will; not from either “side.” Violence begets violence. Anger and hate will receive the same in return."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi

In India at that time, they were a nation of millions ruled by a small group of elitist representatives of the British government.

The British beat, killed and discriminated against the Indian people for nearly a century and some at the time claimed that only through violent uprising could they throw off the shackles of their oppressors.

Others, like Gandhi, said that only through peace and forgiveness could they overcome the oppression.

Other Indian leaders tried violence, it didn't work, it only fanned the flames and many died on both sides. Gandhi simply sat down and refused to eat, not to stop the British from their oppression, but to stop the Indian leaders from using violence to try and overthrow their oppressors.

There are hundreds of thousands of peaceful protestors who have marched in the streets and committed no crimes. There are also thousands of folk who feel much like the Indian people did, that violence is justified in their fight against their oppressors. What we need to do as peaceful citizens is not only condemn the oppressors, but also admonish those fighting the oppressors with violence since that will only fan the flames and move them further from the justice and equality they so desire. Reject the bigots and white supremacist's and Nazi's, condemn the officers using excessive force on people of color, but also confront those among us who are trying to either use this as an opportunity to enrich themselves by looting or those who are convinced only taking an eye from their oppressors will settle the score.

We should embrace and emulate non-violent protestors, like Gandhi and John Lewis, and try to live up to their legacies. But this also takes not being fooled by agitators and infiltrators who join those peaceful protests with the intent of tainting the whole protest with violence and vandalism, because they don't want the peaceful protestors to win this fight for equality. Do not let yourself be blinded by those with no eyes left, who have only bitterness and anger for those they have been taught to hate.

You've got to be taught
To hate
And fear
You've got to be taught
From year
To year
Its got to
Be drummed in your dear little ear
You've got to
Be carefully
Taught
You've got to be taught
To be
Afraid
Of people
Who's eyes are oddly made
And people who's skin is a different shade
You've got to
Be carefuly
Taught
You've got to be taught
Before it's too late
Before you are six
Or seven
Or eight
To hate all the people
Your relatives hate
You've got to
Be carefully taught
You've got to
Be carefully taught
Emile De Beque -
This is just the kind of ugliness I was running away from
It has followed my all this way
All these years
And now it has found me
I was cheated before
And i'm cheated again
By a mean little world
Full of mean little men
And the one chance for me
Is this life I know best
To be here on an island
And to hell with
The rest
I'll cling
To this island
Like a tree or a stone
I'll cling to this island and be free
And
Alone

- Rogers & Hammerstein 1949 "South Pacific"

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
4.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4    4 years ago

Agree and thank you for sharing.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4    4 years ago

The internet has glamorized anarchy. It has also helped anarchists organize, as they keep can up to minute apprised of what is going on through apps on their phones. 

No telling what kind of havoc could have been created in Chicago during the Democratic convention in 1968 if the protesters had social media at their disposal. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4    4 years ago

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
4.3.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Greg Jones @4.3    4 years ago

Thanks Greg. Dismayed Patriot's post was a little different than simply political statements. It went into why Gandhi did what he did for peace.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.3.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.3.2    4 years ago

Perfection in the person is hard to find. We are all flawed and products of our environments. 

Perfection in the message is something else. His message was right. 

MLK took it and made it better. 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
4.3.5  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.3.4    4 years ago

I never said I admired him. I simply made a statement in regard to the message.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
4.3.6  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.3.3    4 years ago
MLK took it and made it better. 

Agreed.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
4.3.8  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.3.7    4 years ago

I can understand that. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.3.9  Krishna  replied to  Greg Jones @4.3    4 years ago

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.4  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4    4 years ago

I love that song. Here it is performed from the movie South Pacific:

Not sure how much has changed at least in our hearts.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.4.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.4    4 years ago
Not sure how much has changed at least in our hearts.

Those doing the teaching have changed. The problem today is the opposite of what it was then.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.4.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.4.1    4 years ago

I don't believe that Vic. I have seen some comments here that personally I have found pretty bad. I think hate runs both ways. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.4.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.4.2    4 years ago
I have seen some comments here that personally I have found pretty bad.

I'm seeing a loud, violent minority intimidate an entire nation.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.4.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.4.3    4 years ago

I don't feel intimidated, and I live in a neighborhood that is statistically 60% black. 

The intimidated people are out in the hinterland where it never gets dark. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.4.7  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.4.3    4 years ago

[deleted]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.4.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.4.4    4 years ago

Where is the little s ?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.4.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.4.5    4 years ago
I don't feel intimidated, and I live in a neighborhood that is statistically 60% black. 

John, you are still thinking about race?  I'm talking about people being afraid to speak.

If you are totally unfazed by it, go to work tomorrow and tell your fellow workers that you have Conservative views.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.4.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @4.4.7    4 years ago
tRump and the gop?

Oh, its them that are rioting and cancelling everyone?  I see..

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
4.4.11  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Tessylo @4.4.7    4 years ago

It's clear that some don't read the content. Off topic and specifically asked that no political matters be part of this.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.4.12  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.4.3    4 years ago

I am too, but I am also seeing what was posted here:

We have to see the entire picture, not part of it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.4.13  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.4.12    4 years ago

Yes, we do!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.4.14  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.4.3    4 years ago
I'm seeing a loud, violent minority intimidate an entire nation.

Friendly reminder: we are not supposed to be discussing politics here....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5  Perrie Halpern R.A.    4 years ago

History tends to repeat itself and in this case, it has. During the pandemic of 1918, which really last for 2 years and came in 3 waves, there were race riots known as "The Red Summer of 1919". It seems that between the tension of life and death and a virus, combined with isolation (yes they did try to quarantine even back then), seems to bring out the worst in human nature. I guess that is what we are seeing now. 

To learn more about "The Red Summer of 1919", read here:

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5    4 years ago

At that time there actually was racism in America. Starting with that president. Woodrow Wilson actually being one -  he presided over the resegregation of multiple agencies of the federal government, which had already been integrated as a result of Reconstruction decades earlier! You see, Perrie, one has to actually do something racist to earn the smear!

Today, as we have clearly seen via two months of violence, America has an enormous tolerance when it comes to the over stated subject of "race."

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    4 years ago

Vic you are getting political. Back in the day, most people were racists. 

There was racism then. There is racism now and actually it's more complicated than ever. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5.1.1    4 years ago
Vic you are getting political.

Perhaps your'e right.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.3  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    4 years ago
Today, as we have clearly seen via two months of violence, America has an enormous tolerance when it comes to the over stated subject of "race."

Friendly reminder: we are not supposed to be discussing politics here. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.4  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    4 years ago

Friendly reminder: we are not supposed to be discussing politics here. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.5  Krishna  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    4 years ago
At that time there actually was racism in America

Well, I suppose that therefore we should be grateful that currently there is no longer any racism in America at all.

Zero, zilch, nada!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5    4 years ago
It seems that between the tension of life and death and a virus, combined with isolation (yes they did try to quarantine even back then), seems to bring out the worst in human nature. I guess that is what we are seeing now. 

Such behavior does tend to happen, as human beings are a very social species, and when being shut in and kept from normal socializing with others they are naturally going to have a reaction to that. Fear, then anger, disappointment, loneliness at having to be away from their loved ones, unable to express their hearts feelings, and losing their financial security for survival with no idea of how long it may last, thus, unable to provide for their family. Their fear of being unable to continue to keep what they have worked so hard for over so many years hangs on the unknown.

And in some cases, feeling so helpless when seeing members of their own family members lives claimed by an enemy they cannot fight.

What we are seeing now are human beings around the world doing all they can to try to win against a common enemy, and helpless to do so. It is a human reaction.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
6  Dean Moriarty    4 years ago

Detroit is still America's most violent city. 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6    4 years ago

Need to find an article from 2020. It's changed since 2019.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
6.1.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @6.1    4 years ago

The numbers from the FBI aren't out yet but the police chief is saying violent crime is on the rise in 2020. 

'Detroit police chief: Coney Island slayings an example of 'senseless' violence on the rise"

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.1    4 years ago

Does it really matter which city is the most violent, or that it is violent at all?

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.1.4  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.1.1    4 years ago

I've watched the news and LIVE 10 miles from it. Guaranteed we are no longer the most violent city in US. Please see link below.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.5  Krishna  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @6.1.2    4 years ago
Does it really matter which city is the most violent, or that it is violent at all?

It does if someone has a political agenda and they can find a city with a high crime rate that's run by the "opposite" political party....(especially those who are obsessed with attempting to score points for their political agenda...)

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.6  Krishna  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.3    4 years ago
It is possible that the violent criminals got an unfair shake in life.

Just as its possible that people make sweeping generalizations that lower the quality of the discussion!

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6    4 years ago

That link breaks everything down to what type of violence.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2.1  Krishna  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @6.2    4 years ago
That link breaks everything down to what type of violence.

Interesting data.

I'd be curious as to why some of the highest crime rate (per capita) cities have the highest rates....

Also which cities increased or decreased significantly over, say, the last 10 years. (in other words, the trend)

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
6.2.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Krishna @6.2.1    4 years ago

I'm sure that information is available, but one would have to research. And I have a busy week this week. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

Ender
Professor Principal
7  Ender    4 years ago

Sorry but the people wanting equality are not the ones dividing. That line is a complete lie.

In order for there to be any solution, people need to actually acknowledge there is a problem, instead of denying it.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @7    4 years ago

America's most racist town: Harrison, Arkansas

Ender
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2    4 years ago

Ha, sorry. I don't know where that is in the state. Did you see the billboard he was standing in front of at the beginning of the vid? I think I would see that and keep on driving...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @7.2.1    4 years ago

It's in the North Cental/Western part of the state. Not far from the Missouri border. Been there a lot because of work

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @7.2.1    4 years ago

Yeah, I saw that billboard.

I love the end where that girl hands him a note. If I had driven past him, I would have given him a thumbs up and shout that he was doing the right thing.

And we are told there is no more racism in this country....some folks need to watch this video and listen to the words some of those people are using.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
7.2.4  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.2.3    4 years ago

Yeah, that shit made me cringe hearing those assholes.

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.3  Kavika   replied to  Ender @7    4 years ago

I lived 50 miles from Harrison Arkansas for six years. I've driven by that sign and others like it many times, it's on Hwy 65. I left the area in September of 2018 and it hasn't changed at all. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
7.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @7.3    4 years ago

On the series, ''Shades of America'' with Kamau Bell he interviews the Grand Wizard of the KKK in Harrison AR.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
7.3.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @7.3.1    4 years ago

Twitter looks like it is trying to rise above the crap that gets posted to its site. And David Duke of the KKK just got his notice...

Twitter permanently bans former KKK leader David Duke -

Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke has been banned from Twitter for breaking the social media platform’s rules forbidding hate speech.

The company said Friday that Duke’s account “has been permanently suspended for repeated violations of the Twitter rules on hateful conduct.”

Duke was the leader of the white supremacist KKK from 1974 to 1978

Trump may be next in the near future if he keeps up his 2 y/o rants and temper tantrums in his Tweeter posts.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.4  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @7    4 years ago

"Sorry but the people wanting equality are not the ones dividing. That line is a complete lie.

In order for there to be any solution, people need to actually acknowledge there is a problem, instead of denying it."

It looks like there are very few folks in that town with an IQ above double digits.  The hatred and ignorance is palpable and deplorable and frightening . . . . 

Dulay
Professor Expert
8  Dulay    4 years ago

If you're interested in the context of your Carlin quote, here's a 9:26 minute clip:

The quote is after 4:24 in the video. 

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
9  Account Deleted    4 years ago

It's not hate - it's fear  - based  on the assumption that life in the United States is a Zero-sum game.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Account Deleted @9    4 years ago

Ah, but fear begets hate.  Xenophobia promoted by a leader has proven that to be so.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
10  Dulay    4 years ago
There appears to be a lack of law and order and that’s what the nasty, negative, and violent people want. There appears to be a lack of control of one’s own behavior and I ask why? I know the canned answer of participation trophy kids being entitled.

You seem to be saying that the lack of law and order is only on the side of the protesters. That isn't true and in fact, the protests are in large part about a lack of law and order on the part of LEOs who are violating their oaths to the Constitution and the lack of accountability for those LEOs. 

When we look at the statements by the officers who murdered George Floyd, it's impossible to ignore their use of 'policy, procedure and training' as a defense. That alone implies that there is a systemic flaw in policing. 

But there are dozens of other examples and the cumulative nature, across the country, has lead us to where we are now.

As for 'participation trophy kids'. IMHO, the protests across the country and the world belie that characterization.  It may be new found but it looks to me like people of every stripe are recognizing their own 'privilege' and rejecting it because it excludes all too many of their fellows. White suburban mothers, veterans and grandfathers are standing up in Portland and elsewhere, it's not just kids.

The Associated Press found in an analysis of more than 200 arrests: even those accused of breaking the law during the liberal city's nightly rallies don't neatly fit into President Donald Trump's depiction of protesters as "anarchists and agitators." The AP found that 95% of those arrested by police and federal agents were local. The vast majority have no criminal record in Oregon. Many appear to be college students. Their average age was 28, court records show.

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
10.1  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Dulay @10    4 years ago

I never said that some of those nasty, negative and violent people weren't LEOs. I also never stated that some of those LEOs weren't ones that had a lack of self-control. 

the protests are in large part about a lack of law and order on the part of LEOs who are violating their oaths to the Constitution and the lack of accountability for those LEOs

Didn't say that it wasn't at one time. Now some simply use it as an excuse.

When we look at the statements by the officers who murdered George Floyd, it's impossible to ignore their use of 'policy, procedure and training' as a defense. That alone implies that there is a systemic flaw in policing. 

Those officers that murdered Floyd were abhorrent. I agree there's a lot of issues regarding systemic flaws in policing. I'm not debating that at all.

As for 'participation trophy kids'. IMHO, the protests across the country and the world belie that characterization.  It may be new found but it looks to me like people of every stripe are recognizing their own 'privilege' and rejecting it because it excludes all too many of their fellows. White suburban mothers, veterans and grandfathers are standing up in Portland and elsewhere, it's not just kids.

I know it's not just kids... I said that it was a canned response [from some]. And you show me a video where those suburban mothers, veterans and grandfathers are rioting and looting. Protesting is fine. I take no issue with protests, but when it becomes violent [and yes, sometimes it's LEOs that start that violence], it's no longer a peaceful protest.

Last but not least, I specifically requested that POTUS or candidates for POTUS or even previous POTUS not be mentioned. I don't agree with any of them; I have my own mind, eyes, and ears. However, thank you for the rest of your post.

Dulay
Professor Expert
10.1.1  Dulay  replied to  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka) @10.1    4 years ago
I never said that some of those nasty, negative and violent people weren't LEOs. I also never stated that some of those LEOs weren't ones that had a lack of self-control. 

Yet you only characterized the protesters ad being nasty, negative and violent. 

Didn't say that it wasn't at one time. Now some simply use it as an excuse.

Yes and some use THAT as an excuse to claim that ALL of the protesters are anarchists, terrorists, antifa, ect. 

I know it's not just kids...

Good.

I said that it was a canned response [from some].

I didn't get that impression from you seed. 

And you show me a video where those suburban mothers, veterans and grandfathers are rioting and looting.

I did? Where?

Protesting is fine. I take no issue with protests, but when it becomes violent [and yes, sometimes it's LEOs that start that violence], it's no longer a peaceful protest.

Again, the vast majority of people who are protesting have done so peacefully. As I said, the 'bad actors' are being used as an excuse by LEOs to crack down on ALL protesters. 

Last but not least, I specifically requested that POTUS or candidates for POTUS or even previous POTUS not be mentioned. I don't agree with any of them; I have my own mind, eyes, and ears. However, thank you for the rest of your post.

I linked and quoted a relevant portion of an article. As many have mentioned here, having a cogent discussion about your seed while being censured from using the name of the person who ordered the Federal reaction to the protests is prohibitive. 

What say you about the information in the link? 

MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)
Junior Guide
10.1.2  author  MsAubrey (aka Ahyoka)  replied to  Dulay @10.1.1    4 years ago

I didn't say you showed a video. I'm asking you to show a video of suburban mothers, veterans and grandfathers looting and rioting. I'm not equating protests with the rioters. I've stated that protesting is completely within the rights of all Americans.

Yes and some use THAT as an excuse to claim that ALL of the protesters are anarchists, terrorists, antifa, ect. 

I agree. And for the record, it's "etc." for et cetera.

Sorry, but that drives me insane. The Latin term et cetera ("and the rest") is usually written as two words in Canadian English. However, the one-word spelling etcetera is also correct. The abbreviation for this term is etc. (Note that the c comes last; the misspelling ect. is a common error.)

The article just talks about how there are peaceful protests and how LEOs are being more forceful then necessary. I'm not saying that isn't happening, but you can't deny the photos of destroyed buildings and videos of people rioting and looting either.

Krishna
Professor Expert
11  Krishna    4 years ago
I gave the links twice. You need to actually click on them and read them.

C'mon Perrie-- get serious!

(Don't you know that its considered not to be "politically correct" on social media sites to actually read something before commenting on it?)