╌>

Breaking News : Twitter Permanently Bans @the real donald trump

Category:  News & Politics

By:  john-russell  •  3 years ago  •  50 comments

Breaking News :  Twitter Permanently Bans      @the real donald trump

Bombshell News

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Donald Trump has been permanently banned from TWITTER for inciting violence. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

Its the end of the world as he knows it. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.1  pat wilson  replied to  JohnRussell @1    3 years ago

"And I feel fine ..."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I hope the people who run twitter are ready for a massive number of death threats. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Dammit!  You beat me to it, you bad man!!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3    3 years ago

Trump went on suicide watch at 6:43 eastern time this evening.  /s

Professor Guide
3.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago

jrSmiley_12_smiley_image.gif

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @3.1    3 years ago

Since the irrational things that he has been doing, e.g. unyieldingly claiming voter fraud (he has not stopped), his phone call to the Georgia SofS, his inciting the capitol insurrection, are certain signs of an impending of not existing insanity, so now facing the rebuke a person with his personality has been receiving, I would not put it beyond such a narcisissistic individual to commit suicide rather than live with the disgrace of loss and humiliation.   Being put on suicide watch is not in my opinion so far-fetched.  What I DEARLY wish for is that he be relieved of the nuclear codes. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.1.3  Snuffy  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.2    3 years ago
What I DEARLY wish for is that he be relieved of the nuclear codes. 

I'm not so sure he can be so long as he is still the President. As President he is the Commander in Chief...  so short of removal from office I don't know if that is possible. I hazard a guess there may be some members of NT who are much more knowledgeable about this than I am.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Snuffy @3.1.3    3 years ago

I don't think the President can/has to turn over the launch codes until either 25th amendment is enforced, a vote supporting in the senate to remove is confirmed, or Biden is sworn in. the former two could take some time.

Do know that there are "human" circuit breakers in the nuclear launch command authority that can and will prevent an unsupported presidential launch order.

Right now our enemies need to know the latter as well, because they are all wondering.... who is in charge?  Our enemies may also look at this period right now as America being at it's most vulnerable, and might try to take us down with a massive cyber attack or such.  

I want everyone to sleep well tonight, but until there is a clear understanding by our allies and enemies of who is in control, we should consider ourselves on shaky ground.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  author  JohnRussell    3 years ago

it was a race !   I knew you would be on it. 

Twitter permanently suspends President Donald Trump

By Ben Collins and Brandy Zadrozny
5-6 minutes

Twitter permanently suspended President Donald Trump’s account on Friday, citing “the risk of further incitement of violence.”

The president’s account, with 88 million followers, was initially banned for 12 hours on Jan. 6 due to “severe violations of our Civic Integrity policy,” after he used the platform to tweet condemnation against Vice President Mike Pence as his supporters stormed the Capitol.

“After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence,” the company said in a tweet.

The company banned the president’s account after years of public pressure and several attempts to limit the reach of his account in recent days. Hundreds of Twitter employees signed a letter urging Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey to ban the president for using the platform to incite violence   in the wake of the Capitol siege , according to The Washington Post.

“In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action,” Twitter said in   a blog post . “Our public interest framework exists to enable the public to hear from elected officials and world leaders directly. It is built on a principle that the people have a right to hold power to account in the open.”

“However, we made it clear going back years that these accounts are not above our rules and cannot use Twitter to incite violence,” the post continued. “We will continue to be transparent around our policies and their enforcement.”

This was the second time in a week Twitter had taken action against the president’s account. Twitter removed three tweets that promoted conspiracy theories about the election and locked Trump’s account on Wednesday, citing “a risk of violence,” after a violent riot at the Capitol. Trump’s official @POTUS account is still active.

In the post, the company cited Trump’s two most recent tweets as an explanation for the removal.

In one, Trump wrote: “The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

In the next, he tweeted, “To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

Taken together, the company determined, they were “likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on January 6, 2021, and that there are multiple indicators that they are being received and understood as encouragement to do so.”

The suspension drew immediate praise from Democratic politicians.

"Thank you   @twitter   for taking this action,"   tweeted   Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.V. "We must come together as a country to heal and find a common path forward."

Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va.,   tweeted : "An overdue step. But it’s important to remember, this is much bigger than one person. It’s about an entire ecosystem that allows misinformation and hate to spread and fester unchecked."

Republican politicians and Trump loyalists pushed back on the decision.

"Disgusting. Big Tech wants to cancel all 75M @realDonaldTrump supporters,"   tweeted   Jason Miller, a senior advisor to Trump's 2020 campaign.

Nikki Haley, the former ambassador to the United Nations,   tweeted : "Silencing people, not to mention the President of the US, is what happens in China not our country.   #Unbelievable "

Trump was an early adopter of Twitter, joining the platform in 2009. He has long favored Twitter as a means of communicating his policies and opinions and grievances directly to supporters while circumventing the traditional media.

But after his election in 2016, Trump told 60 Minutes correspondent Lesley Stahl, that as president he would use the platform differently.

"I'm going to do very restrained, if I use it at all, I'm going to do very restrained,"   Trump said . "I find it tremendous. It's a modern form of communication."

Trump was not restrained, using his account to make ad hominem attacks against political opponents and announce public firings, posts which were widely criticized as unpresidential but allowed by Twitter.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @4    3 years ago

Apparently there is/was an unused POTUS, WH account for emergency announcements which Donald accessed with a long personal rant about how he is being mistreated.  That message was deleted by Twitter.

Shortly thereafter President Trump sent a message vie his campaign account @teamTrump which was also suspended.

Shades of Daze of Olde, lol, when banned Viners tried to beat Sally & Tyler by re-regging every 30 minutes, LMAO.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.1  devangelical  replied to  Split Personality @4.1    3 years ago

88+ million followers = *poof*

bwah ha ha ha

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6  Greg Jones    3 years ago

Twitter-itis, and his big mouth, is what did in Trump.

And now Apple shuts down Parlar....and the left wing censorship begins.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @6    3 years ago

If he hadnt lied 20,000 times on twitter maybe this day would not have come.  Isnt the conservatives who mostly say "actions have consequences ?" 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    3 years ago

It appears you support censorship of any views you disagree with.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.1    3 years ago

Ask Perrie what I think of censorship. 

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.3  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.1    3 years ago

Businesses, media companies, have no obligation to provide a platform for the dissemination of fake news, disinformation or harmful divisive propaganda...

Some still do though. Uh Hum...

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6.1.4  lady in black  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.1    3 years ago

The are PRIVATE companies, they have POLICIES, you BREAK the policy, YOU'RE GONE.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Greg Jones @6    3 years ago

I believe I saw a news item that said Parler was shut down because it permitted postings that incited assassinations.  And are you disagreeing with shutting that down?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.2.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.2    3 years ago

It hasn't been shut down.  I set up an account so I could lurk, and I can access it, although it's very sluggish.  But the two major app-purchasing platforms, Google Play (for Android phones) and Apple (for iPhones) will no longer make it available for download via their platforms.  Google has already removed it.  Not sure about Apple yet - I believe Apple may have given them a deadline to introduce moderation.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sandy-2021492 @6.2.1    3 years ago

Thanks for the correction.  I must have misconstrued what I had read.  The fact that I was incorrect should make at least two members of this site happy. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.2.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.2.2    3 years ago

I thought it had been shut down, too, especially when I tried to log in, and the page wouldn't load.  I think there are just a lot of users on while they still can be, and it's bogging down the site.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.3  Split Personality  replied to  Greg Jones @6    3 years ago

Parler is still there but Apple took down the iphone app in the Apple store.  Other apps for Parler are disappearing as well.

Some people were and are using Parler to plan civil disobedience for 01/17/21 and the inauguration.

Too many outright requests for help with assassinations.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
7  lady in black    3 years ago

It's about time they did this

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8  sandy-2021492    3 years ago

And Parler is no longer on the Google app store.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
8.1  Snuffy  replied to  sandy-2021492 @8    3 years ago

I read that Apple is looking to take it out of their app store also.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
8.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Snuffy @8.1    3 years ago

From what I read, and I'm not sure if it's true, Apple gave them 24 hours to get a handle on content promoting violence.  If they don't, Apple will pull the plug.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9  MrFrost    3 years ago

Little by little, trump's toys are being taken away from him. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MrFrost @9    3 years ago

HAL2616v-828x1024.jpg

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10  MrFrost    3 years ago

When Donny gets a new account, I need to find out what it is...so I can make sure he bans me again. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @10    3 years ago

[deleted]

Professor Guide
10.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  MrFrost @10    3 years ago

Still jealous, I am.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11  MrFrost    3 years ago

MrFrost
Professor Expert
12  MrFrost    3 years ago

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13  sandy-2021492    3 years ago

136983134_1735173329998935_2898866987821972038_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=AejHNQPocyEAX-i2SoN&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=e21e176c113dc8cbb7a395a56b18b225&oe=601E7B5E

MrFrost
Professor Expert
13.1  MrFrost  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13    3 years ago

I guess we should all thank Melania Trump, it would appear that her anti online bullying campaign finally worked. 

And Rudy blocked me on Twitter the other day.. Another notch in the belt. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13    3 years ago

Is that from Saturday Night Live ? 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
13.2.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  JohnRussell @13.2    3 years ago

Not sure.  It was in my Facebook newsfeed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.2.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  sandy-2021492 @13.2.1    3 years ago

I was teasing . jrSmiley_2_smiley_image.png

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
14  Hal A. Lujah    3 years ago

I wish everyone would delete their Twitter accounts.  That shit is the devil.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
14.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @14    3 years ago

I have to disagree. Twitter is no more the devil than the internet itself is. 

Yes, there are millions of people that use twitter, but it is still a far smaller number than the overall number of people who use the internet to gather and transmit information. Twitter has both good and bad, like You Tube does.  

How do people that say they don't have a twitter account, or if they have one rarely look at it, know what is going on on twitter? Because the internet tells them about it. Without the 'news' about twitter being spread much much wider by other online media that are not twitter, many people would know nothing about Trump's twitter . 

I hardly ever tweet. If you dont have thousands or tens of thousands of followers there isnt a lot of point to it, because what you say wont be seen by many people. But I mainly use it to follow the news . Every major and minor news source has twitter and when a big news story breaks you can find info on it literally within seconds. Events are described in real time, in detail if not in depth. Yes , some of the information can be questionable, but by no means all of it. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
14.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @14.1    3 years ago

Every major and minor news source has twitter and when a big news story breaks you can find info on it literally within seconds.

I get the same information from the News app on my iPhone.  I use it every day, all day.

My problem with Twitter (and other mainstream social media) is that it promotes a (ridiculously) false sense of self importance on behalf of the users. I hate stories I hear about people using social media as an excuse not to personally engage their friends and family.  Imagine finding out your relative died weeks after a funeral, because someone thought they were so important that everyone follows their social media.  Knowing what big tech is doing to you and what they are doing with your data, it is genuinely offensive when someone says “it’s not my fault you don’t follow me on FB.”