╌>

QAnon in Meltdown After Biden Inauguration: 'We Need to Get to Go Back to Our Lives'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  flynavy1  •  3 years ago  •  156 comments

By:   Samson Amore (MSN)

QAnon in Meltdown After Biden Inauguration: 'We Need to Get to Go Back to Our Lives'
Joe Biden took the oath of office today and is now the 46th president of the United States, which means the apocalypse that Trump-supporting QAnon cult predicted would prevent him from doing so failed to happen. And well, they're really not handling it well now that de facto leader Ron Watkins himself threw in the towel on Wednesday shortly after the inauguration. "We gave it our all, now we need to keep our chins up and go back to our lives as...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

QAnon in Meltdown After Biden Inauguration: 'We Need to Get to Go Back to Our Lives'© TheWrap Jake Angeli QAnon Shaman Capitol riot

Joe Biden took the oath of office today and is now the 46th president of the United States, which means the apocalypse that Trump-supporting QAnon cult predicted would prevent him from doing so failed to happen.

And well, they're really not handling it well now that de facto leader Ron Watkins himself threw in the towel on Wednesday shortly after the inauguration. "We gave it our all, now we need to keep our chins up and go back to our lives as best we are able," Watkins said in a message board post. "We have a new president sworn in and it is our responsibility to respect the Constitution."

Watkins was a former administrator of the 8kun (formerly 8chan) message board and both he and his father are suspected of being Q, the as-yet-unidentified creator of the movement, so it's a sign of defeat that he's asking supporters to stand down.

One of QAnon members' main theories was that a biblical rapture of sorts or "storm" would rain down on the country during the inauguration at noon on Wednesday — when forces amassed by Trump would appear to arrest Biden and other Democrats on live TV while Trump would be sworn in for a second term.

But Biden's inauguration has left Trump supporters and members of the QAnon cult confused and angry, as the "new world order" they predicted would be ushered in failed to appear.

"This will be remembered as the greatest day since D-Day, historians will be writing about this for centuries," one QAnon member using the alias Bubba1776 said in the QAnon message board, captioning his post "the Storm Hits in 45 minutes, Victory at last!"

The QAnon conspiracy theory began on the anonymous chat board 4chan, but now adherents generally network on a fringe message board called 8kun (formerly 8chan). QAnon supporters believe, without evidence, that Democratic politicians and their allies are running a pedophilic, Satan-worshipping cabal across the globe, while President Trump and his allies are fighting to stop it.

The QAnon cult has spurred numerous violent acts, including the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol building on Jan. 6, which caused five deaths and resulted in hundreds of arrests.

The insurrection was planned in part on QAnon message boards, and fueled by Trump encouraging his supporters and "patriots" to "stop the steal" of the 2020 election based on his unsubstantiated, widely discredited claims that he had in fact won re-election. Many QAnon fringe theorists including Jake Angeli, known as the "Q Shaman," attended the Capitol riot.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
1  seeder  FLYNAVY1    3 years ago

QAnon may fade, but racists, and white supremacy types enabled by Trump & Co. are still at large and dangerous. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    3 years ago

Those whackjobs have been among us for a long time but now that they're 'out in the open', enabled, like you said, behind their dear leader, their cause celebre, it's like a monster that was created by and unleashed on us by tRump and on the Capitol as a final punishment for him losing.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    3 years ago

They walk among us, and they BREED.  Although there are lots of prisons in the USA, there are far too few insane asylums.  Too many are flying over the cuckoo's next.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ozzwald  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @1    3 years ago
QAnon may fade, but racists, and white supremacy types enabled by Trump & Co. are still at large and dangerous.

But hopefully they will slink back into their holes, only peering out periodically, waiting for the next Trump (or Trump-like) to be elected.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

An apocalypse??? These guys got a hold of some really bad magic mushrooms

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    3 years ago

No... These types and the more garden variety of Trump supporter are what P.T. Barnum counted on.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  gooseisgone @2.1.1    3 years ago

Democrats are arsonist, hate the police and are looters.

Sounds pretty much like what you and many other right of center NT members spout on a regular basis.  Meanwhile.... back at the ranch!

This is more than some fringe element that needs to be fixed.  Some 70 million voted for Don "the Con" in the last election......  Fortunately 78 some million didn't vote for him seeing him for the danger to democracy and America that he is.  What needs to be explained why so many millions were willing to follow Don "the con" down the rabbit hole again.  My explanation is the acceptance of pro-Trump propaganda widely circulated on Facebook, Fox and other sites all so willing to pass on the lies to make a profit.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.2    3 years ago

I think the majority of these nut cases realize that what their dear leader told them was not true - he told them if they overtook the Capitol - you should check out the complete speech Krishna provided - unreal - that the votes would be overturned in his favor - that it was up to Pence - and when he said that Pence wouldn't do it (what he had no power to do in the first place) they turned on Pence - the 'president' turned them on Pence - 'hang Pence'! - when all was said and done - Joe Biden became President, not tRump.  

They really thought what they did would result in tRump becoming President once again and would suffer no consequences whatsoever.  IMHO

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.5  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  gooseisgone @2.1.4    3 years ago

Get out of your right-wing bubble Goose.....   The direction Trump was leading the country was towards authoritarian government.

The truth of matters can be found at BBC news or Reuters.  Everyone else should be looked at with a jaundiced eye.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.3    3 years ago

His supporters aren't the brightest

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.1.8  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  gooseisgone @2.1.7    3 years ago

Point them out, please...

I gave you the head of the class, so stop wasting our time by being obtuse and obfuscating.  But then again it sounds like you're all in on ignoring the will of the people and the US Constitution.  Say it isn't so. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.9  Bob Nelson  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @2.1.8    3 years ago

Why do you waste your time?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  gooseisgone @2.1.10    3 years ago
You made the claim, not me back it up.

Are you saying that Trump didn't try to overturn the election?  Or are you saying that you never listened to his Georgia phone call?

Authoritarianism in 2020: Checking the checklist

An Authoritarian Checklist

1. Taking sides with a foreign power against domestic opposition.2daaac78-d6e4-40c1-997e-fe9099d324f7.png
  2. Detention of journalists.2daaac78-d6e4-40c1-997e-fe9099d324f7.png
  3. Loss of press access to the White House.2daaac78-d6e4-40c1-997e-fe9099d324f7.png
  4. Made-up charges against those who disagree with the government.2daaac78-d6e4-40c1-997e-fe9099d324f7.png
  5. Use of governmental power to target individual citizens for retribution.2daaac78-d6e4-40c1-997e-fe9099d324f7.png
  6. Use of a terrorist or other incident to take away civil liberties.2daaac78-d6e4-40c1-997e-fe9099d324f7.png
  7. Persecution of an ethnic or religious minority, either by the Administration or its supporters.2daaac78-d6e4-40c1-997e-fe9099d324f7.png
  8. Removal of civil service employees for insufficient loyalty or membership in a suspect group.2daaac78-d6e4-40c1-997e-fe9099d324f7.png
  9. Use of the Presidency to incite popular violence against individuals or organizations.2daaac78-d6e4-40c1-997e-fe9099d324f7.png
  10. Defying the orders of courts, including the Supreme Court.2daaac78-d6e4-40c1-997e-fe9099d324f7.png

Here are 15 signs of authoritarianism that we’ve seen under the Trump administration

Is Donald Trump an authoritarian? Experts examine telltale signs

Trump Authoritarianism Denial Is Over Now

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.13  Ozzwald  replied to  gooseisgone @2.1.12    3 years ago
I can apply just about everyone of these to the Biden administration as well

After 3 weeks?  Go for it!

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    3 years ago

Uh oh, the pocyclipse didn't happen again.

How these people are not embarrassed for always being wrong.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    3 years ago
some really bad magic mushrooms////

or possibly, some really Good ones...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.3    3 years ago

[deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3.1    3 years ago

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.3  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3.1    3 years ago
"What are you doing?

I thought we had a bet?

Trump finished his term!"

Like that's some kind of accomplishment.

I thought you would accept the results gracefully.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2.3.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tessylo @2.3.3    3 years ago

i'm assuming you are quoting Vic's reply to me. So to any and all, Vic and i had a wager that we would self exile if Trump was or wasn't removed from office. Since i am NOTHING like the former LIAR, FCKN Crooked CROOK, CRONY FONDLING PHONY, and sucker, of Putins' Baloney, i WILL sellf exile for the original term of one month. Trump SHOULD have been removed MANY times Over, but i did not count on the Republican Party Totally abandoning our country, and their moral and legal obligations, cause the 'man' has been proven SO UNFIT, that the bassackwards Repubs, would not acquit, and that is UTTER BULLSHIT. The man was an ABORTION in our White House, just look and C any Section, as he tried to ALTER OUR DAMN ELECTION as he is a PUSS filled PUSSY ghrabbin back stabbin patheticism, gurglin on Putins' ism. I find it totally amusing you had to wait until today to know if it were U or i, but unlike U, without Newstalkers, I WON'T DIE. 

Might i suggest working on your 'skills', cause when i returnith, my words are gonna burnith, write through your paltry patch of derm, as eye C me a tad under subcutaneous levels out of control, like a Capitol Tour two weeks Richard Pryor, as someone gonna wind up payin a price for my build up of ire, cause won't go silently into that good night, and the only thing i can guarantee is, I'm NOT Write, cause i left    behind, people who thought they , weren;t RIGHT, 'sO sLEEP TIGHT tonight, sleep tight, i'm gone (and so is Aszwhole)Sleep tite for me, sleeptight       I'm Gone, and i hope it's a sweet   ride   sweet ride tonight,e cause i feel i.m going, slowly going

DOWN

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.3.5  Raven Wing  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.3.4    3 years ago

Iggy...you will be sooo missed. Be careful while you are on your month long sabbatical, and stay safe. I will be awaiting your return to NT. 

Take care my good Friend. jrSmiley_79_smiley_image.gif

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.3.6  cjcold  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.3.4    3 years ago

Re-reg as a 13yo nymphomaniac for the duration. Nobody will mind. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.3.7  Tessylo  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.3.4    3 years ago

I know you're a man of your word unlike the past 'president' and his supporters.  

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.3.8  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.3.4    3 years ago

See you in the future Iggy..... Stay safe and healthy my friend!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.3.9  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.3.4    3 years ago

Iggy and Vic,

These kinds of wagers designed to chase members off of the site are not allowed. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
2.3.10  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3.9    3 years ago

Then you should have slapped my wrist back a few months ago Perrie....

I won't let it happen again..!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.3.11  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @2.3.9    3 years ago

C'mon Perrie. It wasn't to chase anyone off the site but a wager on a controversial subject. You don't know what Vic's "punishment" would have been. I suggest much the same (although I know the "punishment was originally for three months and then six) Your position seems a bit petty and over the top. They are adult men after all and if they agreed to it.....................

Your circus, your clowns though I guess.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.3.12  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  cjcold @2.3.6    3 years ago
Re-reg as a 13yo nymphomaniac for the duration.

We already had that.  Last I heard he went over to Parler.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.3.13  pat wilson  replied to  Raven Wing @2.3.5    3 years ago

Same.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.3.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2.3.4    3 years ago

Gonna miss you. Promise you will come back in 30 days a-swingin'

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 years ago

LOL, get back to our lives...Classic

I have to wonder what the two Qanon in congress will be doing. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Kavika @3    3 years ago

Telling (lying) to their constituents what they want to hear in order to keep their seats......

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2  Krishna  replied to  Kavika @3    3 years ago

Possibly pretending...that they never said some of the crazy bullsh*t that they did...???

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Krishna @3.2    3 years ago

Ain't video a bitch!

Although so many of our right leaning friends here on NT would ignore......... whatever.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.2.1    3 years ago

We should pray for them

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.2    3 years ago
We should pray for them

We should send some smoke signal prayers and hopefully they will reach the Creator. If they do, I hope the Creator can read shorthand Cherokee. jrSmiley_74_smiley_image.gif

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.4  cjcold  replied to  Raven Wing @3.2.3    3 years ago

I've been doing a Buffy marathon and am pretty sure that by now I could cast a spell on all Trump monsters.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2.5  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  cjcold @3.2.4    3 years ago

Cast a spell......?  Hell, I think wooden stakes, silver bullets, or a sharp blow to the cranium (what you need to do to zombies) is warranted.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.6  cjcold  replied to  cjcold @3.2.4    3 years ago

Covid-19 hit my mind pretty hard.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.7  cjcold  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.2.5    3 years ago

Is there a universal remedy for Zombies, Vampires, Werewolves, Mummies, and all manner of X-file type evil? 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2.8  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  cjcold @3.2.7    3 years ago

...... Truth?  I've seen it cause republicans, and Trumpers to start foaming at the mouth.  All of which correspond to the aforementioned monsters you listed.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.9  cjcold  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.2.5    3 years ago

That was the old me.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.10  cjcold  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.2.8    3 years ago

I've heard that the truth can set you free. Not sure what that actually means.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.2.11  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  cjcold @3.2.10    3 years ago

the truth can set you free.

That's what parents use to say when they came home to a broken cookie jar with multiple suspects....

Under those circumstances, I found it useful to stay quiet.

Go Chiefs!

Professor Guide
3.2.12  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  cjcold @3.2.6    3 years ago
Covid-19 hit my mind pretty hard.

It sucks, doesn't it?  Throw chemo-brain on top of it, and you can't remember what you did 5 freaking minutes ago.  At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @3    3 years ago

Stirring up as much hate and discontent and lies as they can. As long as they are kept off of any committees they can't do too much damage. 

That diarrhea of the mouth Rand Paul is another that needs to be put on a short leash and a muzzle.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.3.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Raven Wing @3.3    3 years ago

...Rand Paul is another...

One of Kentucky's finest!!!!

Ender
Professor Principal
3.3.2  Ender  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.3.1    3 years ago

A complete fruitcake that thinks he is worth a lot more than he is.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.3.3  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Ender @3.3.2    3 years ago

That's Senator Fruitcake to you Ender....!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

F QAnon.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    3 years ago

and the horse's patooty they rode in on

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    3 years ago

Can I get an amen.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.1.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.1    3 years ago

If you'll accept it from an agnostic.....AMEN!

Professor Guide
4.1.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.1    3 years ago

AMEN!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.1    3 years ago
Can I get an amen.

AMEN!!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    3 years ago

and the horse's patooty they rode in on

They weren't actually "on" the patooty, more like "in" it...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4.1.2    3 years ago

I am a liberal agnostic.  I don't think there is a god, but who am I to say there isn't.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.1.7  cjcold  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.6    3 years ago

Ditto. Seen some strange things in my day so don't have many hard/fast beliefs.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.6    3 years ago
I am a liberal agnostic.  I don't think there is a god, but who am I to say there isn't.

Sound a little more atheist to me.  From how I understand the differences (I could be wrong).

Agnostic = I don't know if there is a god.

Atheist = I don't believe there is a god.

Anti-theist = There is no god.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.8    3 years ago

Tamato, tomatoe.jrSmiley_9_smiley_image.gif

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.10  Ozzwald  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.9    3 years ago
Tamato, tomatoe.

Actually a fairly big difference between the 3, but if you don't care, that's fine.  Just thought I'd point out the differences.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    3 years ago

Couple weeks and we won't hear about them anymore

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4.2.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2    3 years ago

Don't bet the farm on it just quite yet.......

Remember, we weren't suppose to hear about Covid19 any more after 3NOV20 either......

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2    3 years ago

When you have Trump and several congress reps pushing the shit, I think this will be around for some time. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    3 years ago

I have often wondered over the past couple years if Q Anon wasnt just a gigantic prank. How could even semi-intelligent people fall for this stuff?  But I dont think a "prank" would have traveled as far and wide around the country nor lasted so long. 

The far right has been awash in conspiracy nonsense for years. Alex Jones predates Q Anon by a good deal. Sandy Hook, the chemtrails, the Hillary has killed 145 people nonsense, the conspiracy about the Army using empty Walmarts to set up concentration camps, all this stuff is somewhat in the ballpark with Q Anon. But Q Anon seems much larger. Social media has done this to us. 

The people who rioted at the Capitol Building were largely a product of conspiracy thinking, if not QAnon directly, then versions of the general mindset that was fed lies by Trump and Giuliani. 

There has to be an accounting for this and a reckoning. Maybe a national de-programming. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.1  lady in black  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 years ago

Unfortunately my niece fell for it hook, line and sinker.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  lady in black @5.1    3 years ago

that is a shame

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  lady in black @5.1    3 years ago

Does your niece have a sub-normal IQ? or maybe just suffers from a mental illness.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  lady in black  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.1.2    3 years ago

No, she is very intelligent and no mental issues that I'm aware of, and that's why it bothers me so much that she fell down the rabbit hole.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.4  Krishna  replied to  lady in black @5.1.3    3 years ago
No, she is very intelligent and no mental issues that I'm aware of, and that's why it bothers me so much that she fell down the rabbit hole. 

Many people are not aware of how clever these professional grifters are. There's a reason they are able to con so many people of average-- even above average-- intelligence out of their money, or fall for other scams. They have a natural gift for fooling people.

And then they hone those skills over many years.

Trump is a typical example. Look how many people he's conned over the years.

He deserves a long stretch in prison (and if the attorneys of The Southern District of New York have their way-- now that he no longer has the protection of his presidency, they will put him away for a long, long time).

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.5  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1.4    3 years ago
Many people are not aware of how clever these professional grifters are. There's a reason they are able to con so many people of average-- even above average-- intelligence out of their money, or fall for other scams. They have a natural gift for fooling people. And then they hone those skills over many years

[Deleted]

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.6  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @5.1.5    3 years ago

[Deleted]

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lady in black @5.1.3    3 years ago

How does someone who is very intelligent get sucked into this bs?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.1.8  lady in black  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.1.7    3 years ago

I wish I knew.  

Yesterday this same niece unfriended me on FB and also unfriended me on her boyfriends page.  Now mind you I haven't spoken to her or posted anything on any of her posts.

Her boyfriend posted a he hejrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif on one of my posts, so I did the same to one of his posts but I added I love swimming in maga tears.

She took offense, said some nasty things and added that some people were really sad yesterday (because Biden was inaugurated)...but I zinged her right back by telling her to get her head out of her Qtard ass, also added that I thought (according to her) that trump was in charge of the whole world and I told her to grow up little girl.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Ender  replied to  lady in black @5.1.8    3 years ago

Some people are still clinging to their theories. Sad (disturbing) really.

I came across this. Someone was screenshotting posts that were on parlor.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.10  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Ender @5.1.9    3 years ago

Not a tear shall I shed for that Trumpanze.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.1.11  lady in black  replied to  Ender @5.1.9    3 years ago

What is wrong with people, I don't get it.  What person with a working brain would blow all their money on a president...sad days

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Ender  replied to  lady in black @5.1.11    3 years ago

And to think I use to get miffed at the check for a dollar on tax forms.

Unreal.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1.13  cjcold  replied to  lady in black @5.1.3    3 years ago

Have been in Mensa for many years and there are actually members who supported Trump. Always figured that intelligence didn't necessarily equate to common sense.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @5.1.8    3 years ago

"Qtard ass"

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 years ago
There has to be an accounting for this and a reckoning. Maybe a national de-programming. 

You mean mass punishment for 75,000,000 people?

Sounds kinda  Russian or Chi-com-ish, probably violates the Constitution and BOR

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Greg Jones @5.2    3 years ago
"Chi-com-ish" ?

Yep, put them in re-education concentration camps, sterilize them, force them to pick cotton 18 hours a day, waterboard them, shave off all their hair, feed them pig shit and horse urine once a day, (Surely the China bashers can come up with more good ideas).  Oh, this isn't a Xinjiang Reeducation camp it's Auschwitz.

Rbff4ea049c871328e3d87e85ec18b1f7?rik=m%2BLdcmTRxKQdfg&riu=http%3A%2F%2Fbloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com%2Fdelrionewsherald.com%2Fcontent%2Ftncms%2Fassets%2Fv3%2Feditorial%2Fe%2Fb2%2Feb220d82-0714-11e6-97c0-f3654fd93a76%2F5717ae5375363.image.jpg%3Fresize%3D600%252C440&ehk=QfI07epsRNgOZ%2BvSXuBmimbTQdaZytvczJg3vp1KB88%3D&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

Here is a Uighur Reeducation camp photo.

16x9

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
5.3  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 years ago

I think that there's some widely known research about cognitive dissonance where if someone really wants to believe something and then some information comes in contradicting it, that's kind of painful and uncomfortable. For example, as the pandemic has gone on, the evidence has become more and more clear that masks do help stop the spread of the virus. And so you have to find evidence that supports your belief in not wearing a mask. And as the rational scientific evidence builds up against you, the stuff that still supports you is going to become more and more extreme. The only way to find any way of backing up the thing that those people really want to believe is to cling to something very wild, like the idea that the nose wire in a mask is a 5G antenna.

Why Many People Are Drawn To Conspiracy Theories : NPR

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
5.4  Drakkonis  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 years ago

You've just been sworn in as President of the United States and this is your statement. What would establishing these things look like under your presidency?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.1  Tessylo  replied to  Drakkonis @5.4    3 years ago
Why do you think President Biden said that?

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
5.4.2  Drakkonis  replied to  Tessylo @5.4.1    3 years ago

I don't. If you notice, it says "Drakkonis replied to JohnRussell". I was asking him how he would apply his statement if he were president. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Drakkonis @5.4    3 years ago
What would establishing these things look like under your presidency?

Trump had numerous specific chances to denounce Q Anon and instead he played footsie with them. For starters, he should be barred from ever running for office again. There are ways to achieve that short of throwing him in a dungeon. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
5.4.4  Drakkonis  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.3    3 years ago

Sounds reasonable. 

There are those on the Dem side of Congress who thought lists should be made of those who supported him and gone after in some fashion. Do you share this view? If so, what would the criteria for being put on the list be and the consequences for being on it? Also, I'm curious about your de-programming policy.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.4.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Drakkonis @5.4.4    3 years ago
Also, I'm curious about your de-programming policy.

3stooges.jpg

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
5.4.6  Drakkonis  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.5    3 years ago

Let me know how it works out : )

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.4.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @5.4.1    3 years ago

I searched but could find nothing in regards to that statement.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.8  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @5.4.3    3 years ago

He never denounced any of the vile supporters - he always embraced them.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.9  Tessylo  replied to  Drakkonis @5.4.4    3 years ago

"There are those on the Dem side of Congress who thought lists should be made of those who supported him and gone after in some fashion. Do you share this view? If so, what would the criteria for being put on the list be and the consequences for being on it? Also, I'm curious about your de-programming policy."

'Lists' - give me a break!

No one wanted to go after them in the way you say - we want them to be held accountable, not for everything to be swept under the rug.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
5.4.10  Drakkonis  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.4.7    3 years ago
I searched but could find nothing in regards to that statement.

It comes from JR right here in this thread. 5  

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.5  Thrawn 31  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 years ago
Social media has done this to us. 

I've been saying it for awhile, social media has been terrible for our species. Aside from encouraging our worst habits, it has also given goddamn lunatics the ability to find and organize with other goddamn lunatics and blast their brain farts out to billions of people. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.6  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 years ago
I have often wondered over the past couple years if Q Anon was'nt just a gigantic prank. How could even semi-intelligent people fall for this stuff?

Well, MAGA is a genuine cult. And cults attract some really, really far out types...

Here's a video that shows a real person-- this is real. She's not an actor.

(Incidentally I discovered this video about twelve years ago when a friend on Newsvine named ""California Girl" although she later changed it) posted it in our Private group called "The Evil Foursome. There were four of us in that group-- myself, Ed (the writer I forget his last name), California Girl, and The Doctori)- I wonder if anyone here was on NV & remembers any of them? Or any of the strange private groups?)

Check it out:

Sprinkler Rainbow Conspiracy • 2,180,240 views

Aug 5, 2008

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.6.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @5.6    3 years ago

I've seen sprinkler rainbows since I was a kid.  I am now 68.  What is that crazy bitch's problem?

Professor Guide
5.6.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.6.1    3 years ago
What is that crazy bitch's problem?

She's an effing Bim to the bo... an excellent example of what dropping out of school in the 4th grade can do to a person.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.6.3  Ender  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.6.2    3 years ago

The Illuminutti.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.6.4  Tessylo  replied to  Ender @5.6.3    3 years ago

The Illuminutti

That's freaking hilarious.

How about:

The Tuttifrutti

Need a contest for the best name for the nuts

Ender
Professor Principal
5.6.5  Ender  replied to  Tessylo @5.6.4    3 years ago

I have to admit I stole it from American Dad.

It fits perfectly though.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.6.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5.6.2    3 years ago

I guess rainbows were learned about in the 5th grade.  A rainbow is caused by sunlight and atmospheric conditions. Light enters a water droplet, slowing down and bending as it goes from air to denser water. The light reflects off the inside of the droplet, separating into its component wavelengths--or colors. When light exits the droplet, it makes a rainbow.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.6.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @5.6.4    3 years ago

Rainbownatti?

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.7  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 years ago
How could even semi-intelligent people fall for this stuff?

What makes you assume that the MAGA Terrorists who stormed the Capitol were even semi-intelligent?

Seems like every day since then, the FBI has found-- and arreste-- a few more.

And its been easier ti find them than the FBI originally expected.

Why?

Because most of these morons took selfies of themselves breaking the law-- and then posted them on line!

DUH!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.7.1  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @5.7    3 years ago
"How could even semi-intelligent people fall for this stuff?"
"What makes you assume that the MAGA Terrorists who stormed the Capitol were even semi-intelligent?

Seems like every day since then, the FBI has found-- and arreste-- a few more.

And its been easier ti find them than the FBI originally expected.

Why?

Because most of these morons took selfies of themselves breaking the law-- and then posted them on line!

DUH!"

It's just classic!  They're saving all the Prosecutors a lot of trouble by providing all the evidence.

LOL!

They also plotted their coup on line.

DUH!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.7.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Krishna @5.7    3 years ago

All that inbreeding finally caught up with them.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.8  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @5    3 years ago
Maybe a national de-programming

Or maybe online, rather than giving them a forum to express their vile views-- just don;'t fall for their con. Don't answer their taunts-- just ignore them!

(There's a good reason for that wise old saying:"Don't Feed the Trolls").

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6  MrFrost    3 years ago

You cannot even make this shit up...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  MrFrost @6    3 years ago

See, to me that sounds like someone messing around. Pranking. 

I have to say I'm not sure of anything about all this stuff though.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    3 years ago

These are the same people that think Covid-19 can be transmitted via text message...I put nothing past them. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.2  Drakkonis  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.1    3 years ago

Not necessarily. Could be anyone at all, just messing around just to see what they can get people to believe. I'd go look at the site myself but I don't want to end up on some list. But I've had this desire to see if I could talk any sense into them. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Drakkonis @6.1.2    3 years ago
'just messing around just to see what they can get people to believe'

Yeah, that's it, they're just 'messing around' and what not - like when they 'Stormed the Capitol' because 'It's a Revolution'?

jrSmiley_80_smiley_image.gif

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
6.1.4  Drakkonis  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.3    3 years ago

I like the way you edited what I said to better suit your response. Well done. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6.1.5  bbl-1  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.1    3 years ago

I also assume these same people know that.....................aw the hell with it.  This is like trying to save a fruitcake tied to the back of an armadillo during the Battle of Shiloh.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.6  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @6.1.5    3 years ago
I also assume these same people know that.....................aw the hell with it.  This is like trying to save a fruitcake tied to the back of an armadillo during the Battle of Shiloh.

And yet, when they begin their taunting..and lying...so many peoplemhere have been fooled into believing that youcan have a serious conversation with them!

WakE up people-- they're just here to cause trouble!

IGNORE THEM!!!

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.7  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.3    3 years ago
Yeah, that's it, they're just 'messing around' and what not - like when they 'Stormed the Capitol' because 'It's a Revolution'?

And that "just messin' around" left 5 people dead.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.8  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @6.1.5    3 years ago
This is like trying to save a fruitcake tied to the back of an armadillo during the Battle of Shiloh.

Wasn't that an answer from Jeopardy?

(And the correct answer is: "What is trying to save a fruitcake tied to the back of an armadillo during the Battle of Shiloh?")

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.1    3 years ago

They still believe that Ed McMan will still show up on their doorsteps with a 2 million dollar check from PCH.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6.1.10  bbl-1  replied to  Krishna @6.1.8    3 years ago

Well done.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  MrFrost @6    3 years ago

Okay, I am going to give humanity the benefit of the doubt and say this is someone fucking with the Q dipshits, but after the last 4 years....

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MrFrost @6    3 years ago

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.4  Krishna  replied to  MrFrost @6    3 years ago

Its ANTIFA!

They're EVERYWHERE!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.4.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Krishna @6.4    3 years ago

Be afraid!

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.4.2  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @6.4    3 years ago

Its ANTIFA!

They're EVERYWHERE!

Fact: ANTIFA are Aliens originally from Outer Space.

Yep-- they are Socialist Aliens from outer Space/

They want to take away our freedoms. Our right to not wear a mask! Our right to free speech! Our right to storm the Capitol Bldg.

And worst of all-- they are trying to turn this great land of ours into a Socialist nation!

(OMG!!!)

(Yes, I've posted this video before-- but I wouldn't want to deprive anyone from experiencing the Great Works of Classic Cinema!)

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6.4.3  bbl-1  replied to  Krishna @6.4    3 years ago

There is this also.  If the fascist would just leave then the anti-fascist could just go back to their regular jobs.  You know what I mean?

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.4.4  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @6.4.3    3 years ago

Yes.

But the fascist ain't gonna leave as long as people engage them in conversation or arguments. That only makes them believe we take them seriously. When we engage them in arguments (or "conversation") it makes the think we take their "opinions" seriously. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
7  shona1    3 years ago

Morning...glad to hear all went well over there and Biden is now in power. Love these herd mentality mobs... create destruction, chaos and death...but when they come against the National Guard.. don't see them for dust..Speaks volumes about them...onwards and upwards USA...you can do it...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.1  MrFrost  replied to  shona1 @7    3 years ago

It's good to see you here and yes, it's a great day for America. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
7.1.1  shona1  replied to  MrFrost @7.1    3 years ago

Morning Mr Frost...And the rest of the World...We are breathing a sigh of relief too. Hopefully now when I turn on the news Trump will not be headlines...Stay safe and stay well...

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
7.1.2  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  shona1 @7.1.1    3 years ago

I'm going to sleep very well this evening Shona.....  Best in four years.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
7.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  shona1 @7    3 years ago

I am hoping your country is as thrilled as the normal people here are that The Trumpster fire has been put out.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
7.2.1  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.2    3 years ago

Time to pick through the ashes, and rebuild..... better!

shona1
PhD Quiet
7.2.2  shona1  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @7.2    3 years ago

Morning..Ohhhh yes. I never doubted for one minute you mob would sort it out. Rumblings of civil war and people predicting doom and gloom and running around like a bunch of headless chooks.

The vast majourity of people in the US are good and decent people and they are also the silent majourity. It is the same here. And if push comes to shove I know who I will have my money on.

There is always going to be that feral element and have their 10 minutes of fame while they think there is safety in numbers. But when it all back fires and they have been thrown under the bus they squeal like pigs..As you are seeing now.. and probably will in the future.

No I never had and qualms about the US or her people..just the lack of leadership...

Thomas
Senior Guide
7.2.3  Thomas  replied to  shona1 @7.2.2    3 years ago

Thank you for your vote of confidence. 

shona1
PhD Quiet
7.2.4  shona1  replied to  Thomas @7.2.3    3 years ago

Anoon Thomas... sometimes when things are at their darkest and you are rattled to the core...

A quiet word to let you know..it will be ok is all that is needed. We saw that with 9/11. One man is not a country it is the people in it, that makes it.

And from this side of the Pacific you are not looking to bad...

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.2.5  Krishna  replied to  shona1 @7.2.4    3 years ago

sometimes when things are at their darkest and you are rattled to the core...

Emmylou Harris:

The darkest hour is just before dawn • Aug 14, 2007

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.2.6  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @7.2.5    3 years ago

"The darkest hour's just before dawn" [Memorable line in The Mamas & The Papas - Dedicated to the One I Love -The ES Show 1967]:

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
7.2.7  Bob Nelson  replied to  Krishna @7.2.6    3 years ago

But... how do you know it won't get darker?

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.2.8  Krishna  replied to  shona1 @7.2.2    3 years ago
There is always going to be that feral element and have their 10 minutes of fame while they think there is safety in numbers.

And don't forget--it happened when the President of the United States actively encouraged them!

If anyone doesn't remember what he told them in that rally just before they walked to the Capitol-- here are his exact words:

Incitement to Riot? What Trump Told Supporters Before Mob Stormed Capitol

Here is a closer look at what the president said at a rally of his supporters, which is a central focus of the impeachment case being prepared against him. ( Read it all )

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    3 years ago

God these people are dumb. Seriously fucking stupid. A Satan worshipping pedophile ring has taken over one of the major parties in the US? And somehow no one caught onto this until "Q" showed up?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
9  Bob Nelson    3 years ago

We have a hard time accepting a simple truth: They do not think.

They imitate. Their words and actions are copies of their fellows. Their words circulate among them, echoing back and forth... spiraling ever further into craziness.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9.1  Krishna  replied to  Bob Nelson @9    3 years ago
We have a hard time accepting a simple truth: They do not think. They imitate. Their words and actions are copies of their fellows. Their words circulate among them, echoing back and forth... spiraling ever further into craziness.

Yes, But do not despair! There is a cure!

Ladies and gentlemen-- I now present to you..

THE ALUMINUM FOIL DEFLECTOR BEANIE

An effective low cost solution to combatting Mind Control

Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie: Practical Mind Control Protection for Paranoids

By Lyle Zapato

Lots of new information, including expanded construction and usage tips, vital psychotronic deflection theory, an overview of AFDB alternatives, a guide to potential mind control enemies, and the never-before-elucidated history of the AFDB.

Get yours before it's banned by the forces of mind control! 

This site is amazing-- check it out!

[Also click on some of the links in the column on the left]

You'll be glad you did!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
10  bbl-1    3 years ago

Qanon in meltdown?  Really?  Meltdown from what?  It surely can't be that coiffured hair and tanning booth miracles were their life and sustenance.  Hell, they can show up a Mar a Lago for tea and hot dogs on the grill can't they?  They'd be welcome, right?

Professor Guide
11  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    3 years ago

Sister Buzzkill here.  I don't believe this 'throwing in the towel' thing for one instant.  These people are batshit nuts still high on their success at the Capitol.  How many of them have we seen on social media or TV or whatever saying, "We will never give up!"  

So this Ron Watkins guy says, "Oh well, you win some, you lose some.  Whoopty-flip.  Now let's get back to our lives and show Joe Biden some respect."  Crazy people just don't flip like that after being immersed in it for so long.  Ask Jim Jones or David Koresh or Marshall Applewhite.  Oh, wait...  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @11    3 years ago

They are waiting for Donald Trump to communicate instructions to them

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
11.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1    3 years ago

Too bad there isn't a sponge soaked in salt water under there.

Krishna
Professor Expert
11.2  Krishna  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @11    3 years ago
Crazy people just don't flip like that after being immersed in it for so long.  Ask Jim Jones or David Koresh or Marshall Applewhite.  Oh, wait...  

Well...."It is what it is.."

(Except when its not! jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif )

Professor Guide
11.2.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Krishna @11.2    3 years ago
Well...."It is what it is.." (Except when its not! )

Bazinga!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
11.3  seeder  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @11    3 years ago

Spot on sister....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12  Tessylo    3 years ago

141163750_4179782215366751_7028758143915159382_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=BbAbZS1JBIIAX96oOlA&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=2182975db3d0b42444f3a03c9b3b15c3&oe=60304DA8

Or isn't that a Boogaloo boy?

Krishna
Professor Expert
12.1  Krishna  replied to  Tessylo @12    3 years ago

The vest..the weaponry...but with a floral print underneath!

(A very creative little touch, lol :-)