╌>

Jeanine Pirro Describes Immigrant Children As A 'Lower Level Of Human Being'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tessylo  •  3 years ago  •  55 comments

By:   Josephine Harvey, HuffPost

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Josephine Harvey ·Reporter, HuffPost Tue, March 23, 2021, 3:00 AM Fox News host Jeanine Pirro indulged in yet another racist diatribe Monday as she railed against the Biden administration’s handling of the migrant surge at the southern border.

On “The Five,” Pirro argued that during a recent trip to the area, she saw that the border was open.

“The bringing of these children into this country, where they will be forever connected to a cartel, is slavery,” she said. “What we’re doing here is we are promoting a lower level of human being, who will be controlled from other countries.”

“So stop trying to make this about this is who ― not who we are,” she added. “This is about crime coming into this country and it’s a reality. And we’re losing.”

A number of critics on social mediacalled outher “lower level of human being” comment as overt white supremacy andlikened itto Nazi rhetoric. A key tenet ofNazi ideologywas to define and portray Jews as untermenschen, or subhuman. It’s thesecond timethis month Pirro has been compared to Nazis over her remarks on immigration.

President Joe Biden’s administration has been struggling to deal with an uptick in migrants trying to cross the U.S.-Mexico border. It is still expelling most adults and families, however, children have been allowed to stay.

Republicans have blamed Biden, saying the reversal of his predecessor Donald Trump’s harsh immigration policies was drawing more migrants to the border. The Biden administration has dismissed that, arguing that they were left with a broken and inhumane system.

This article originally appeared onHuffPostand has been updated.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    3 years ago

Hmmm, like some folks refer to them as feral cats.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1    3 years ago

she's got a presidential pardon for her ex to work off, so she'll say anything...

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

“lower level of human being”

She is the poster child for that.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    3 years ago

It’s embarrassing enough that HuffPost twists people words to mean something other than what they clearly meant. It’s sad that people just accept this warped presentation without critical thought.

“What we’re doing here is we are promoting a lower level of human being

Yeah, she’s not wrong. We are complicit in human trafficking. We are part of a system that transforms people into slaves, deprives them of liberty, and forces them into a lower position in our society. That’s real and it’s been going on for a long time.

That’s pretty straightforward, but woke opportunists are always on the lookout for what they think is a gotcha moment. These are the same kind of morons as those who think terms like  “black hole,” “devil’s food cake” or “ niggardly” are racist.

Pirro is condemning something awful and holding the US accountable for some of that. You’d think people who imagine themselves to be woke would care about this injustice, but all they care about is imagining that a conservative said something bad about immigrants.

She didn’t. She said something bad about the people who take advantage of those immigrants , and the US government that enables it. People need to get their priorities straight.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @4    3 years ago

Speaking of twisting . . . 

Wash, rinse, repeat

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    3 years ago

I know that people are trying to claim that Pirro said the cartels are a lower level of human beings, but that is not what she said or what her sentences mean. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
4.1.2  Drakkonis  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    3 years ago
I know that people are trying to claim that Pirro said the cartels are a lower level of human beings, but that is not what she said or what her sentences mean.

Really? Seems to be exactly what she is saying. Tacos! got it exactly right. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.2  Sunshine  replied to  Tacos! @4    3 years ago

[ deleted ]

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.2.2  Sunshine  replied to  Sunshine @4.2    3 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @4    3 years ago

Jeanine Pirro is garbage and has been garbage for some time now. 

Let's look at her comment as quoted in the article.

On “The Five,” Pirro argued that during a recent trip to the area, she saw that the border was open. “The bringing of these children into this country, where they will be forever connected to a cartel, is slavery,” she said. “What we’re doing here is we are promoting a lower level of human being, who will be controlled from other countries.”

When Pirro says "a lower level of human beings" by her own language she is referring to the ones who will be controlled from another country. In the context of these sentences, that is the children, who she expects to become tools for the gangs and cartels. 

It's right in front of your face. 

The lower level of human being in her comment are the ones who will be controlled by the cartel, aka the children. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3    3 years ago
Jeanine Pirro is garbage and has been garbage for some time now. 

Cuz that’s relevant. /s

When Pirro says "a lower level of human beings" by her own language she is referring to the ones who will be controlled from another country. In the context of these sentences, that is the children, who she expects to become tools for the gangs and cartels. 

Yes, that’s fine. But I don’t understand why anyone should be mad at Pirro for pointing it out. Be mad at the situation! This seed makes it seem like Pirro is saying these victims are less worthy of our compassion or respect. But to me, it seems like she is calling for people to have compassion for them.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @4.3.1    3 years ago

Huffington Post is not responsible for Jeannine Pirro speaking clearly and concisely, she is. 

She referred to migrant children as "a lower level of human beings", as stated in the article headline. You say she meant something else, which may be. If that is the case she needs to speak better on national television.  

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
4.3.4  Drakkonis  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.3    3 years ago
She referred to migrant children as "a lower level of human beings",

No, she didn't. That's just the way you want it to read. What she actually said was that being connected to a cartel will promote a lower level of human being. Context matters, you know?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Drakkonis @4.3.4    3 years ago
a lower level of human being, who will be controlled from other countries.”

That is what she said . Who is the "who" that will be controlled from other countries?  The migrant children, thats who. 

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
4.3.6  Drakkonis  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.5    3 years ago

So totally don't get the point you're trying to make. Totally get that the children are the ones being spoken of as "controlled." And????

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @4    3 years ago
It’s embarrassing enough that HuffPost twists people words to mean something other than what they clearly meant.

I'm not sure what she clearly meant, if anything, but she said that the ones who are controlled by the cartel are lesser human beings. In the previous sentence she said that the children will be controlled by the cartels.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.4.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @4.4    3 years ago

But it’s the situation that forces them into lesser status. She’s not saying they were born lesser or something.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
4.4.2  Drakkonis  replied to  JohnRussell @4.4    3 years ago
but she said that the ones who are controlled by the cartel are lesser human beings.

That is not at all what she is saying. Not even a little bit. She is saying that OUR actions of allowing these kids tied to cartels into the country is dooming them to a lower level of humanity because of what the CARTELS will do to them. Basically, turn them into cartel soldiers, dooming them to a hopeless life of crime. She is definitely not calling these children lesser human beings. She is, in fact, speaking of their future position in our society under cartel control, not that they themselves are "lesser human beings" as the children they are now. 

Now, let's look at children from the past who are today cartel soldiers here in our country. In the sense she appears to be speaking, I would classify them as 'lesser human beings' in that they actively detract from our society, causing pain and suffering to others. Put another way, I would consider someone who strives to make the world a better place to be a greater human being than one who actively makes it a worse place. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.4.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Drakkonis @4.4.2    3 years ago

She should have said what you wanted her to say instead of what she actually said. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.4.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Drakkonis @4.4.2    3 years ago
I would consider someone who strives to make the world a better place to be a greater human being than one who actively makes it a worse place. 

when witnessing another, imosho, attempting to do this simultaneously, is where the 'problem' begins and ends, with me, but watt i've heard said, never lives up to that of what i've so often read around the circles that appear to be mental blox, for some, while steps for others, cold for many, while cover, for others. Enlightenment smothers , so three sheeets catch what blows around for other others, while all the while, forgetting who that might be our sisters and brothers can bother, unless un aware of that which is on, and too off 10, for.

Gone for now, to ponder the endeavors most ponder never, but , never said never, without ever knowing where never begins to end, so i will be the, at the start of 

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
4.4.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  JohnRussell @4.4.3    3 years ago
She should have said what you wanted her to say instead of what she actually said. 

Yes John, she probably could have worded her words differently. I agree, We live in a PC hypertime.

I looked at it like, slavery reduces people to being a lower level of human being ....  and what we’re doing is promoting that.

I'd say that is a true statement.

Slavery did and does reduce humans to a lower or second class standard of being... and if we continue to allow cartels to enslave people to get here we are in a way promoting that enslavement to happen. 

I've stated before IMO:  A great part of our current border mess is a direct result of our governments lack of planning.  AGAIN. 

WTF did people expect to happen when for over a year the border has basically been closed with hundreds and hundreds of immigrants waiting for any opening to happen.  

WTF wasn't the reopening Planned better ?  What The hell was the huge hurry to create a such mess ?   Why was all this miscalculated ?

Or not calculated at all ?

?

Dulay
Professor Expert
4.5  Dulay  replied to  Tacos! @4    3 years ago
Yeah, she’s not wrong. We are complicit in human trafficking. 

Yes she is and so are you. 

Human trafficking, also known as trafficking in persons or modern-day slavery, is a crime that involves compelling or coercing a person to provide labor or services, or to engage in commercial sex acts.  

We are part of a system that transforms people into slaves,

Are they taking American's jobs or are WE transforming them into slaves. Please pick one...

deprives them of liberty and forces them into a lower position in our society.

Isn't that what paleo-conservatives support? 

Oh and while they may start out in a 'lower position in OUR society' many times they end up in a higher position than they could have achieved in their own. 

I know multiple immigrant families and every one of them have a goal of elevating their FAMILY. While the elders may always remain in 'lower level' occupations, their kids almost inevitably excel. 

That’s real and it’s been going on for a long time.

It was real for my grandfather, who worked for the RR full time, as a waiter nights and whose children went on to college and successful careers. All except my mother who as the oldest was expected to work to help support the FAMILY even before she finished high school, though she did end up working into Management and then owning her own business. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Tacos! @4    3 years ago
We are complicit in human trafficking. We are part of a system that transforms people into slaves, deprives them of liberty, and forces them into a lower position in our society. That’s real and it’s been going on for a long time.

Taco's, i will say, is whom has become much better and skillful than say most, herd round here,,,, at straddling two sides of a bearing argument, while remaining offensive to both sides, and defenseless to too much, for he & me to consistently be taken serious, at least by me some sometimes might see, and i hope that would be the least, he would wish to strive to be, as i'm rarely taken serious round here irregardless of that which may be at stake. Because i choose to convey my points via different means and methods that many on the 'right', deem not right, because they were never introduced to thinking outside the box i will force them to consciously wrestle with if they can, by methods subliminal as maximized, but only for thinking females and men, that can see the straight away rules, and the bend, while banking on nice curves excites thought process, it seems to be donne, not in excess, or in the closures of the not open, but silently, until won is awoken, hears the words not spoken, swallows way too many continue to repress and swallow, while choking, on a system designed to be accepted with their exceptions rushed passed the guarded that will not tackle the play they've starred in, cause actors have played so many so long, hate to see them go, on, yet they due, as rarely challenged...

WE

all should be WELL AWARE, that the ONLY reason WE ALL HAVE AN IMMIGRATION ISSUE, is because those who BENEFIT THE MOST, are the same as those screaming the loudest to rial up an easily misled group. They don't see that these immigrants, legal or ill & legal, are essential to both Party's that be. These immigrants allow an army of cheap labor that make both sides prosper in monetary means gained, as our generations just past X, think they are owed and should be paid next, without ever putting in the effort and time, as they prefer to just cut in line and collect what they feel 'owed', yet know not why.

When we as in US, decide we REALLY WISH TO STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, all we need do is actually punish the employers of the illegals.

When we do this with actual REAL DETERRENTS,, either monetary or incarceration, to a suitable amount and longer than a vinecation, with actual time being served, you will see WE NEVER ACTUALLY HAD AN IMMIGRATION, LEGAL OR ILL< , CRISIS. 

As immigrants of any status are just there to blame by those that already have, and blame by those who haven't, as it is easier to blame them than say those actually pulling the strings, cause for how long did the former potUS employ illegals while incessantly blaming them for so much, because he never stopped stooping and employing while LYING to those he chose to be named by others, his own deplorable...

Now none of this excuses this 'persons' expressed views, it really shouldn't be 'news' that 5 on Fox have won who blurts out 'versions' of a story they ALL want told, it amazes me so many others haven't figured out this story, 

cause this story, is OLD

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    3 years ago

So are news personalities that drink on the job. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  MrFrost @5    3 years ago

i won't hold that against her. It probably brings out the best in her. Or, since she may be intelligent to realize her truth in LIEZ, it could be her way of alcohaulin her aszz up to sayin this shit

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6  Split Personality    3 years ago
A number of critics on social media called out her “lower level of human being” comment as overt white supremacy and likened it to Nazi rhetoric. A key tenet of Nazi ideology was to define and portray Jews as untermenschen, or subhuman. It’s the second time this month Pirro has been compared to Nazis over her remarks on immigration.

Except Jeninie Pero isn't white according to a few NT experts.

She's Lebanese, therefore "a person of color" " like Monday's shooter in Boulder /s

She just personifies the ignorance of many successful people.

Like other FOX talking heads she gets paid to spew opinions.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6.1  Gsquared  replied to  Split Personality @6    3 years ago

Extremist and racist opinions.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Split Personality @6    3 years ago

She's correct in explaining what cartels are doing to these unaccompanied kids. Trafficking of kids and drugs is shameful. Lefties should be outraged at what's going on the border, but they don't seem to,

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
6.2.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2    3 years ago
She's correct in explaining what cartels are doing to these unaccompanied kids. Trafficking of kids and drugs is shameful.

Yet the Trump administration was refusing these children seeking asylum, and deporting many of them back.  Others were simply locked away in cages and forgotten about.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.2  Split Personality  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2    3 years ago
Lefties should be outraged at what's going on the border, but they don't seem to,

Who died and made you the arbiter of any one else's opinions?

The Court ordered changes to the border on 11/18/2020.

The new Admin is complying as best it can.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.2    3 years ago
Who died and made you the arbiter of any one else's opinions?

[Deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.4  bugsy  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2.3    3 years ago

[Deleted]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.2.5  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.2    3 years ago

And, didja know that Sullivan's authority as District Judge is within the realm of the District of Columbia - not the United States. 

His "decision" is not binding on any area outside of the District of Columbia.  Other judges/judiciary can review and may even use some of his rationale/arguments in their cases/hearings, but, again, his "decision" has no binding anywhere except the District of Columbia.

And, "The new Admin is complying" with his recommendation/suggestions "as best it can".  They have no technical/legal obligation to adhere to his "Opinion(s)".

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.2.6  Dulay  replied to  1stwarrior @6.2.5    3 years ago
And, didja know that Sullivan's authority as District Judge is within the realm of the District of Columbia - not the United States. 

And do YOU know that THAT is utter bullshit 1st. Judge Sullivan is a FEDERAL District Court Judge. Unless and until the US government APPEALS his ruling, which I doubt they will at this point, Judge Sullivan's ruling is the law of the land. In short, even in Texas the CBP can't expel unaccompanied minors. 

Of course the Congress COULD pass a bill that allows for unaccompanied children to be dumped in Mexico but even you know that isn't going to happen. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.7  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.2    3 years ago
The Court ordered changes to the border on 11/18/2020.

You keep waiving that around as if it absolves Biden of blame or responsibility. The Court stated the Trump administration interpreted a statute too broadly. IF the Democrats were truly bothered by the decision they could easily remedy the statute anytime they want. 

The Democrats have not attempted to change the statute, thus they are fine with the Court's  ruling  and own it's implications. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.8  Split Personality  replied to  1stwarrior @6.2.5    3 years ago

Wrong, he is a Federal Judge.

His "decision" is not binding on any area outside of the District of Columbia.

Wrong, it is binding throughout the Union.

Other judges/judiciary can review and may even use some of his rationale/arguments in their cases/hearings,

Absolutely correct.

but, again, his "decision" has no binding anywhere except the District of Columbia.

Absolutely incorrect.

And, "The new Admin is complying" with his recommendation/suggestions "as best it can".  They have no technical/legal obligation to adhere to his "Opinion(s)".

I don't often agree with anything the ACLU does, but how stupid do you think they are? The US is obligated by the decision.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2.9  Split Personality  replied to  Sean Treacy @6.2.7    3 years ago
You keep waiving that around as if it absolves Biden of blame or responsibility.

Blame, yes.  Responsibility, no.  They are responsible to do something with all these kids that the Judge approves of.

IF the Democrats were truly bothered by the decision they could easily remedy the statute anytime they want.  The Democrats have not attempted to change the statute, thus they are fine with the Court's  ruling  and own it's implications. 

That remains to be seen.  The R's are certainly glad about the current media circus and not likely to move very quickly either.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.2.10  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @6.2.9    3 years ago
They are responsible to do something with all these kids that the Judge approves of.

The Judge is not an all powerful being. All they have to do is a pass a law, if they actually disprove of the Judge's ruling.  Which they don't of course. They just want to use it as a cover to excuse their refusal to act. 

hat remains to be seen

No, it doesn't.  The Democrats could have passed a law at any time explicitly legalizing the Trump policy. They haven't even bothered to try. If the Judge's ruling is what's keeping Biden from solving the problem, then the Democrats have no one to blame but themselves. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7  Split Personality    3 years ago
Republicans have blamed Biden, saying the reversal of his predecessor Donald Trump’s harsh immigration policies was drawing more migrants to the border. The Biden administration has dismissed that, arguing that they were left with a broken and inhumane system.

This wasn't exactly a plan of Biden's.

A Federal Judge appointed by Bush made the decision on November 18,  2020 to end the policy of turning away unaccompanied children due to a law suit by the ACLU

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered the Trump administration to halt its practice of “expelling” underage migrants who enter the United States without a parent, a ruling that also cast doubt on the broader legality of the emergency public health measures the U.S. government has used since March to impose strict border controls.

U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan’s preliminary injunction requires the Trump administration to once more process the humanitarian claims of minors who cross the U.S. border alone, rather than returning them to Mexico or flying them back to their home countries without due process.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
7.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @7    3 years ago

See 6.2.5.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8  Greg Jones    3 years ago

None of leftists hereabouts seem to understand or deny that the cartels have been putting a price on these young people, which they will have to pay off later. Tacos is absolutely right

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1  Split Personality  replied to  Greg Jones @8    3 years ago

That's funny, besides acknowledging that this has been going on for a hundred years,

your article says the bracelets are proof of payment for certain legs of the journey

and are expressly to keep different criminal enterprises from killing the migrants in error.

The article says nothing about  migrants paying off debts in the future.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
8.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Split Personality @8.1    3 years ago

Split Personality
Professor Guide
8.1.2  Split Personality  replied to  Greg Jones @8.1.1    3 years ago
Overall we rate the New York Post on the far end of Right-Center Biased due to story selection that typically favors the Right and Mixed (borderline questionable) for factual reporting based on several failed fact checks.

Might as well be reading the National Enquirer.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
8.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.2    3 years ago

MediaBiasFactCheck: When you can’t be bothered to address the content, go after the source.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.2    3 years ago

Way to  fall back on that logical fallacy on a seed  where  Huffpo intentionally distorted what Pirro said to mislead it's gullible audience. 

Brilliant. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
8.1.5  1stwarrior  replied to  Split Personality @8.1.2    3 years ago

OMG - now you are going to tell what can and can not be used?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  1stwarrior @8.1.5    3 years ago

did he tell you to stop thinking for yourself...?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9  Trout Giggles    3 years ago

I guess she forgot about the trials and tribulations her ascendants when immigrating to this country

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10  Paula Bartholomew    3 years ago

Any of those children are better human beings than this drunken Trumpturd scabby kneed douche canoe.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
10.1  1stwarrior  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10    3 years ago

Wow Paula - pretty judgematic doncha think?

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
11  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     3 years ago

“The bringing of these children into this country, where they will be forever connected to a cartel, is slavery,”          “What we’re doing here is we are promoting a lower level of human being, who will be controlled from other countries.”

Makes me think ... True or not true ? 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
12  Buzz of the Orient    3 years ago
"Jeanine Pirro Describes Immigrant Children As A 'Lower Level Of Human Being'"

It takes one to know one.