Joe Rogan says he has COVID-19 and is taking horse dewormer to treat it

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  john-russell  •  2 weeks ago  •  14 comments

By:   The Week

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Influential podcaster Joe Rogan announced on Wednesday that he tested positive for COVID-19 over the weekend, and as part of his treatment, has taken ivermectin, the anti-parasitic drug used on livestock.

In an Instagram video, The Joe Rogan Experience host said he felt "very weary" on Saturday, and was tested for COVID-19 on Sunday. That night, he "got fevers and sweats and I knew what was going on," he added. Once he was diagnosed with COVID-19, Rogan said he started taking antibiotics and monoclinal antibody therapy, as well as ivermectin.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has warned people against using ivermectin to treat COVID-19, as it isn't approved and a clinical trial "yielded insufficient evidence" it worked. The drug has been pushed by several right-wing cable and radio hosts, and public health officials say there has been a sharp increase in calls about ivermectin to poison control centers.

During an April episode of his podcast, Rogan was asked if he would suggest a 21-year-old get vaccinated against COVID-19, and he said no, CNN reports. "If you're a healthy person, and you're exercising all the time, and you're young, and you're eating well, like, I don't think you need to worry about this," Rogan said. After the episode was released, Rogan stated he is "not an anti-vax person" and "not a respected source of information, even for me."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

If anyone doesnt know who Joe Rogan is , he has the most popular podcast in the country and millions of followers on You Tube.

I think he is a liberatrian. 

Split Personality
PhD Principal
1.1  Split Personality  replied to  JohnRussell @1    2 weeks ago

He is a gambler, nothing more.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    2 weeks ago
Rogan said he started taking antibiotics and monoclinal antibody therapy, as well as ivermectin.

WTF??

Antibiotics have no effect on viruses.   Ivermectin is an anti-parasitic and has shown to have no effect on the COVID-19 virus.  

I thought Rogan was intelligent.   Seems an incredible number of Americans have lost their ability to reason.

Split Personality
PhD Principal
2.1  Split Personality  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 weeks ago

Mass hysteria.

pat wilson
Professor Guide
2.2  pat wilson  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 weeks ago
The monoclonal antibody therapy should help reduce the effects of his infection, the others could actually have a negative affect on his immune system.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  pat wilson @2.2    2 weeks ago

I did not comment on the monoclonal antibody therapy (just commented on the use of antibiotics and Ivermectin) but given you focused on it, even that comes with caveats as it is an Emergency Use Authorization option.    Rogan likely (hopefully) has a competent physician guiding him through this (at least on the monoclonal therapy).

Tacos!
Professor Expert
2.3  Tacos!  replied to  TᵢG @2    2 weeks ago

The monoclonal antibodies will be helpful to him. The other stuff will likely have either no effect or even a negative effect.

Fortunately for him, he’s otherwise very healthy, so statistically, he should do well.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.3.1  TᵢG  replied to  Tacos! @2.3    2 weeks ago

Pretty much what I noted.   The monoclonal therapy is an EUA option so there are reasons to believe it could help him.   The rest makes no sense.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     2 weeks ago

Maybe he’ll shit himself into oblivion.

Gsquared
Junior Principal
4  Gsquared    2 weeks ago

Shouldn't he be ingesting bleach?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
5  Buzz of the Orient    2 weeks ago

I'm waiting for someone to spread the word that drinking horse piss prevents the virus.  Seems to me that a lot of people will start drinking it, and some entrepreneur will start to bottle and market it. 

Split Personality
PhD Principal
5.1  Split Personality  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    2 weeks ago

Ok, I will go there. Urine is ok to drink if nothing else is available. It's 95% water.

If burned it is better than water to clean the wound.

The drug Premarin for menstrual women is actually made from  horse urine...

Absolutely true.

Ask any Navy Doc, PA, nurse or Corpsman who participated in a 4C training exercise.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Split Personality @5.1    2 weeks ago

Well then, why doesn't some agency experiment with it - maybe it's "the cure". 

Tacos!
Professor Expert
6  Tacos!    2 weeks ago

This doesn’t come as a surprise. Bill Burr, of all people, tried to set him straight, but he wouldn’t listen.